Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT- http://www.epidemicjohto.com/t7003-join-the-battle-for-net-neutrality

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Catalyst. The Banner was made by Lady Silverfishes. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

(ELITE) The MAHOGANY Team

Maximum
Elite
Elite

Re: (ELITE) The MAHOGANY Team

Post by Maximum on Sat May 27, 2017 10:39 pm

Mahogany Town |Late Morning [29]

Max didn't notice the blue haired boy's pause, and the younger redhead was quick to pick up the slack. "He's Saturn, and I'm Mars." Hmmm. The odd names tickled at a memory... However, the thoughts strayed too closely to her mother and Sara-Anne for her liking at the moment, so she tabled the issue for later. Maybe they were just named after the planets. It certainly wouldn't be the weirdest thing she had encountered.

Saturn let out a breath and agreed with his friend, "Y-yeah." He then asked, "What about yours?" Huh, didn't Ariana flaunt her name last night? Then again, she never claimed it, so maybe he was just double checking. Or just allowing her to properly introduce herself.

"Maximum Snow. Just call me Max," she answered. It had been a long time since she had used her real name, so her response was smooth. She started rubbing her Ponyta behind the ears for comfort as she added, "This is Misty." Misty leaned further into the touch, and clung to the moment of calm.

Any semblance of normalcy was ended with Ariana's voice whipping through the hall, "That's enough chit-chat." She placed her hands on her hips and ordered, "Back to work. Now." Without any complaint, she handed her bag to Saturn, and automatically started digging again. The burning in her back started up with the movement, and she could only hope that the pain meds would kick in soon.
Abysswalker
Elite
Elite

Post by Abysswalker on Wed May 31, 2017 1:00 pm

Mahogany Town (Hideout) | Late Morning
{21}

For the short time that follows after giving Max some much needed space, the atmosphere shifts from tense and claustrophobic to merely uneasy. Ariana's presence is impossible to escape, but at least she's not speaking or choosing to torture another person. For now, anyways. People like her can't go long without inflicting some sort of pain, whether it's physical or mental, and that renders the idea of relaxation little more than a fleeting dream. It's simply another reason why hostage labor is an awful idea. Holding threats over people's heads means they can never truly rest their bodies or minds, leaving the muscles and mind alike feeling tense, and when that tension is put to work again...

Well, it's all a question of what will snap first: their bodies, or their reluctant obedience. One glance at Fenix makes Daisy doubt the validity of the former occurring first. How long would they have to wait before their chance to break free of their invisible shackles arrives? It would be difficult to keep everyone in line with only Ariana's flimsy promises of letting them go and the concept of escape. Somebody would have to make the first move, and with the lives of both human and Pokemon at stake, that's a lot easier said than done. An image of last night's nightmare flashes in her mind's eye.

All this worrying over hypotheticals can't be healthy for her body or mind, but in this situation, what else can Daisy do?

"That's enough chit-chat." Ariana's voice fills the room, immediately chasing away whatever sense of normalcy still remaining. "Back to work. Now."

With no other choice but to comply, Daisy sets back to work with the rest of them. Legends above, she can only hope that the meager help she was able to provide Max would be enough to carry the girl through this mess. As for the others...well, there's nothing she can do now.

I was the match and you were the rock
maybe we started this fire
Starbits
Elite
Elite

Post by Starbits on Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:30 pm

Mahogany Town | Late Morning
21 | 21

"Maximum Snow. Just call me Max," she answered. Huh. That was an odd name. Though it's not as if I have much room to talk.

"This is Misty." she added, and Saturn felt a twinge of pity for how the little pony leaned into her human's hand. It was hard to judge how old she was, but she sounded younger than her human-- who looked fairly young, herself. This must be very hard on them both. Must have been hard enough even before Ariana's power trip.

He struggled not to shudder at the memory. How could something that happened yesterday feel so far away? And however I feel about it, Misty must feel a thousand times worse. Max, a million times.

"That's enough chit-chat." Mars could see Saturn's heart stop, the turn of his head more panicky than her own as they both looked towards their captor. She stood by, unimpressed, clearly, with her captives. The woman looked at them as if they were personally wasting her time, hands on her hips. God, she looks like one of those unbearable soccer moms. 'Let me see your manager weeeeehhhhhh.' Christ. Except she was a lot more demonic than an entitled suburban white mom and far more dangerous. Combined with her obnoxiousness, Mars itched for an opportunity to punch her. She wouldn't even need pokemon to beat her. I will take you on with my bare hands and I wouldn't lose; the sheer strength of my rage would propel me through.

"Back to work. Now."

Max handed her bag to Saturn, who took it with a little nod. The two sharing a look, they returned to digging, relieved that at least they were able to dig next to each other, this time.

(I changed my mind here's a proper post. WHY COULDN'T THIS HAVE COME TO ME SO EASILY MONTHS AGO.)

oh, ms. believer
my pretty sleeper
your twisted mind
is like snow on the road
your shaking shoulders
prove that it's colder
inside your head
than the winter of dead

desktop||starbits shop||trainersona
♋️19 Badges♋️
little fairy

Silverishness
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Silverishness on Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:00 pm

Post 40||Both

Mahogany Town/ Hideout||Late Afternoon

Once Ariana had snapped her fingers for her little digging elves to begin work anew, silence -aside from the sounds of digging, of course- fell upon the group. Archer slowly paced from end to end of the line of diggers, watching them carefully for any sign of either mutiny, injury, or whatever else might cause them all trouble. His pokemon followed his example by standing firm in their watch, while Ariana was... mostly the opposite.

As was the norm for traveling with her, Ariana liked to hear herself talk. It didn't matter that Archer wasn't truly listening, but he guessed that it was that he was more or less forced to listen one way or another. And now, she had so many more victims to impose herself upon, he really should have seen this coming. After all, she truly did relish soaking up their discomfort, their hate, their fear and every other negative emotion like she was some sort of diseased sponge.

It was times like this when he really could never understand why Don had been so smitten with her, so hopelessly and deeply in love with her. Had she subjected him to these rants, or were their times together spent exclusively rutting like horny teens? He couldn't imagine Don bearing through an hour long rant about how she would slit someone's throat for a pedicure. However, the image of that very situation did ease some of Archer's burden as he slowly paced behind the prisoners.

The topic of today was how she missed the old world's commodities, mourning the fact that she'd run out of decent shampoo months ago and how any new bottle she'd found was either empty or bad. It was a topic she liked to rehash in various forms, be it food, indoor plumbing, washing clothes, etc. The last always rubbed Archer the wrong way, since of course she forced him to do anything that marginally resembled a chore. Why would the Queen get her own hands dirty when she could just have her servant do it?

But of course, the point of this wasn't her own hypocrisy. The point was that she liked to fill the silence in the air with her own voice, and by God, that was what she was going to do. Archer could tell by the gradually changing light that she was bound and determined to keep flapping her disgusting lips for as long as her lungs and throat would allow, and were he a religious man, he would have prayed for some miracle to shut her up, or for him to suddenly go deaf. Something to stop this fucking nightmare.

A new sound caught his attention beneath the constant of Ariana's voice, one that instantly lifted his mood: falling rocks echoing. Dust pooled upward from Fenix's spot, and he quickly stood behind her while the rest of his pokemon were vigilant in watching the others. "Are you through?" he asked softly of the blonde, to which of course Ariana had to answer first.

"Fucking finally!" she snapped as she rose from her spot, brushing herself off a bit. "It's about fucking time, God."

Last edited by Silverishness on Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Phoenix on Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:08 pm

Mahogany Town/Hideout | Late Afternoon
Fe -48 / Fl - 36

Flynn had been relieved Fenix took his words to heart and had simply gotten back to work. While the blonde was typically an overzealous hot head even she had to acknowledge that down here, with other hostages, there was little hope of success even if she did kill Ariana. With all that anger she was able to work harder, longer than the others as she took out her rage on the obstruction blocking their path. It wasn't what any of them wanted but it would keep them alive. For now.

Fenix herself maintained her rage almost to the point of being machine, meticulously striking the same spot with the same force over and over for what felt like ages. How did she achieve this? Ariana's stupid fucking voice. With every word, every pathetic entitled bitching that came out of her face, Fenix imagined that flapping jaw beneath her weapon and it paved the way for success. With one last powerful swing a cascade of dust and small debris rained on her, causing the blonde to choke and back away as a hole began to from in front of her. Not exactly a subtle success.

"Are you through?" Archer questioned flatly, as though it weren't fucking obvious. Though to be fair there was a big cloud of dust so he probably couldn't tell if it was a hole or a new layer of cave in. Coughing and slapping her chest Fenix nodded, Flynn moving to her side to make sure she wasn't damaged by the slide. "Yeah... Yeah I'm through. Gotta widen it a bit but we'll be able to move on soon."

"Fucking finally! It's about fucking time, God." 'Oh fuck you,' Fenix thought bitterly. It wasn't like she fucking helped at all, just paced around bitching about her hair or whatever other bullshit fell out of her head. And one of the kids was hurt so fucking yeah, it took a god damn while to get through her stupid wall. Especially when they could have found another way in the same amount of time. Bitch.
Maximum
Elite
Elite

Post by Maximum on Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:30 am

Mahogany Town |Late Afternoon [30]

To say Ariana's voice was starting to piss her off would be a vast understatement. For fuck's sake, that bitch wouldn't shut the everloving fuck up. If this entire situation was different and it was a different person, sure, Max could have commiserated. Life without consistent electricity and other modern conveniences did kinda suck. But hearing about how this petty, self-entitled jackass wanted to get a pedicure made Max wish that the asshole would never get the comforts of society again. Even if that meant Max never got them either.

In order to keep herself from saying something she really shouldn't, Max had to completely tune her out, and between the numbness of the pain medicine and finding the most annoyingly catchy song she could think of to make the rounds in her head, she somewhat succeeded. Focusing on trying to get through the godforsaken goddamned wall also helped. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to dig as well as the others, but stopping for rest was obviously not an option.

It was a fucking godsend when rocks and dust fell around Fenix, even though that caused Lynn to cough from the shit that was floating in the air. I swear to god, they better not have skimped out on building materials and made this with asbestos. In order to mitigate the worst of it, she pulled her hoodie up to cover her mouth. She got the vague impression that without the medicine from earlier, each cough would have been accompanied by much worse pain than what she already felt.

She finally tuned back into Ariana's fucking voice just in time to hear the fucking bitch crow, "Fucking finally! It's about fucking time, God." Like the lazy bastard lady had actually invested actual effort and energy into getting through her supposed fucking shortcut. In order to hide the fact that she really wanted to roll her eyes, she rubbed at her eyes as if trying to clean out the dust.
Abysswalker
Elite
Elite

Post by Abysswalker on Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:54 pm

Mahogany Town (Hideout) | Late Afternoon
{22}

It was bad enough that Daisy and the others were forced to work for a woman who took advantage of everyone around her in so many horrific ways. What made it all so much worse was that they were not even granted merciful silence as they dug through the wall blocking their path; Ariana decided she would rather speak. Loudly. And not just speak, but complain. She could not stop talking about all the old conveniences she would quite literally kill for, ranging from electricity to shampoo to pedicures.

It would have been understandable had it been anyone else here saying it. There was an inescapable, bitter irony in someone like her-abuser, torturer, rapist-crying about lacking long-gone comforts and luxuries. Did she really think she deserved any of it? Maybe Ariana found it funny, talking about the finer things in life while forcing others to do exhausting manual labor for her. Daisy could have laughed in her face, or maybe spit on it, if doing so wouldn’t have been the death of her. If she could have her way, she would gladly make sure the other woman’s life was never easy again. It would be a fitting punishment for someone who seemed to delight in making others’ lives hell.

But none of them have any power in their situation, so her only option was to focus on the task she’d been ordered to do. The monotony of digging was a small comfort, taking some of her focus off of Ariana’s rambling, but it was impossible to truly block out the other woman. At this point, it surprised Daisy that she wasn’t adding ‘sore throat’ onto her list of complaints. How could anyone love the sound of their own voice this much? One would think Ariana would tire of talking at some point, but apparently her love of tormenting other people outweighed whatever physical discomfort this nonsense brought her.

Eventually, however, dust and debris rained around where Fenix had been digging, a success that could have lifted Daisy’s spirits had it not been accompanied by the harsh coughing of her companions. This entire ‘journey’ of theirs has involved kicking up the dust of this abandoned hideout, and now this happens. She loathes to think of what this repeated exposure could result in, especially when she’s so short on supplies and lacking many necessary tools. Not that their captor cares, Daisy is sure. Their bodies and health were tools at her disposal, why should she bother thinking about any damage done to her hostages?

The best she can hope for is that they won’t have to force their way through any more collapsed parts of this hideout, as slim as that possibility might be. It’s not only because of the dust, either. Fallen debris could easily injure or kill, and who knows when another collapse might bring the entire ceiling down on them...

"Fucking finally! It's about fucking time, God."  Gods, Daisy wished she could actually say something back to that instead of keeping her mouth shut like a good little prisoner. Those are choice words coming from someone who had not only done absolutely nothing to help, but also put an injured person to work. Really, what had she expected other than slow, tedious labor?

(sorry about the broken image, I can’t seem to find a link to the reuploaded version I was given ^^; I’ll work on fixing that)

I was the match and you were the rock
maybe we started this fire
Starbits
Elite
Elite

Post by Starbits on Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:29 pm

Mahogany Town | Late Morning
22 | 22

Thankfully, since Ariana had all but snapped at them to get back to work, there was an excellent excuse for the two of them to just turn around and start digging where they had been sitting, both friends pulling some relief from the fact that this time they were side by side.

Even so, that could only get them so far. Saturn was tired, his weakened body not yet at a point where he was able to put so much exhertion into something without getting exhausted. The soreness from yesterday's digging wasn't helping. Mars dug beside him, feeling her heart slowly begin to sink as his movements grew slower and slower, though he clawed at the debris with the dull-eyed determination of someone who had switched their brain off and let autopilot take over for the sake of doing what had to be done.

It made her smile, just a tiny bit. A few weeks ago he may not have been strong enough to do this at all, giving up and letting Ariana simply take his life, maybe accepting karma had decided he wasn't to complete his mission and deciding not to fight it. But here he was, still going.

Even in the face of Ariana's bitching. The monotomy of digging was bad enough; listening to Woman Bitching In Minor Key Because Whiny Voice made for probably the worst soundtrack she'd ever heard. She was almost tempted to ask if anyone had a music player of any kind and if Ariana would be willing to let them listen to some goddamn tunes to drown out her obnoxious Soccor Mom whining. I swear to god I was joking about the 'can I see your manager' bullshit would you just cAN IT ALREADY!

Whenever Ariana got particlarly loud she would cut through the haze of nothingness Saturn had settled into to focus on trying to stay alive. Mars could tell, because he would scowl. Which was a good sign in judging his mental health because hey! Anger! Irritation! Not-listlessness! That's right Kitten; use all your smart guy words to lambast her to hell and back and share them with me later, maybe.

Personally, she hoped Ariana never got even the smallest taste of civilization again but that everyone else present did because fuck you, fuck you to the center of the planet.

Several times she and Saturn glanced at one another while digging and shared an eyeroll or a stare that lasted a beat or two.

The glances made Saturn's chest feel tight. He wasn't sure why. Probably the reminder that this was their life right now. How had this gone so wrong in the matter of twenty four hours? He turned over and over in his mind what they could have done differently, but as loathe as he was to admit it, nothing they did was particularly dumb. They were just in the wrong place at the worst time.

He only hoped she at least lived to get out of it. With every hour his body felt heavier. Had it been hours? There wasn't even any way to tell that much.

He did know one thing though: being too slow or unable to work would probably spell his doom. As much as he would deserve getting shot in the face, he knew his death would hurt his best friend. His only friend. And he knew that she would carry on his mission for his sake, but he'd rather her not have to. That should be his own burden, not hers.

She may have done some bad things, but she wasn't responsible for allowing the explosion of a lake. And although she still expressed the wish that they had succeeded... Cyrus was dead. She might not understand that she'd been had by him, but he wasn't alive to take advantage of that.

He wanted to be there when she understood. He wanted to be there when she came to realize that Cyrus's vision of a re-made world did not include free will, did not include things like joy and sorrow and triumph.

He wanted to be there when she decided that she would try to make the world she envisioned, by herself. She was too strong for the realization of Cyrus's falsehood to destroy her; she would take his deception and throw it back in his face by trying to fix the problems herself. And since she was less tainted than he was, she'd be perfect. He had no doubt she could make a piece of this world her own and make a difference, even in its state.

He only hoped he'd live to see it. And help. And he would never get to live to see it if he failed now and was murdered by Ariana.

As he contemplated what he might be able to do help her with her efforts (I should be able to rig up some kind of AI to help her, right? If nothing else I'm very organized; I could help with ensuring she has everything she needs, that everything is written down and kept save and neat, and I could help split up tasks to those in charge below us, and help her pick out who would be best suited to each task- oh god shut up Ariana I am trying to concentrate!) the sound of rubble falling made him jump. Both his head and Mars's whipped over to watch as a cloud of dust rose up from around Fenix, Saturn sighing softly as realization of what that meant hit him. At last he was able to let go of the rocks he was trying to dig out and rub his aching hands. One was bleeding. Looks like he tore part of a fingernail off.

He ignored it.

"Fucking finally!" Ariana snapped. Mars and Saturn didn't look at her, but they glanced at each other and rolled their eyes again. "It's about fucking time, God."

Please be quiet for five minutes. Just five. Please. It's not like you helped!

I hope you choke on this dust.

oh, ms. believer
my pretty sleeper
your twisted mind
is like snow on the road
your shaking shoulders
prove that it's colder
inside your head
than the winter of dead

desktop||starbits shop||trainersona
♋️19 Badges♋️
little fairy