Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT- http://www.epidemicjohto.com/t7003-join-the-battle-for-net-neutrality

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Catalyst. The Banner was made by Lady Silverfishes. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

Gym Leader Gardenia

Starbits
Elite
Elite

Gym Leader Gardenia

Post by Starbits on Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:32 am

Gardenia Rose
"Master of Vivid Plant Pokémon"
Text Color 678642
Theme(s) Renegade - Paramore
Item universal communicator, backpack that contains
-matches
-hatchet
-gardening shears
-trowl
-Sprayduck
-maps of various parts of Sinnoh
-berries
-seeds for berries
-sleeping bag
-extra socks
-gardening gloves
Weapons her Pokemon and a gardening hoe; some of her other tools would count as weapons, but she keeps them in her bag so they're not immediately accessible if accosted
Biological Sex Female
Gender Identity She | Her | Hers
Birthdate March 3rd
Age 25
Species Human
Weight 109.7 lbs
Height 5'6"
Region of Origin Sinnoh
Religion Arceist; prays to Shaymin and Celebi
Accent slight Southern American
Occupation Gym Leader | Pokemon Trainer | Gardener
Party The team Gardenia used in the Pokemon World Tournament were not her own; they were borrowed Pokemon whose level of power would properly fit the event. The team she raised from childhood consisted of Roserade, Torterra, Bellossom, Jumpluff, Leafeon, and Cherrim. Her Cherrim has perished, and her sixth slot has since been filled by a young Pumpkaboo she picked up.
Pkm 1
Roserade | Demeter (F)

Text Color: 399c62
Level- 60
Type-
Ability- Natural Cure
Attack list-
-Petal Blizzard (Learned Pre-Evo)
-Sludge Bomb (TM)
-Shadow Ball (TM)
-Hyper Beam (TM)
Pkm 2
Torterra | Persephone (F)

Text Color: 41ac41
Level- 58
Type-
Ability- Overgrow
Attack list-
-Wood Hammer (Start)
-Earthquake (Level)
-Stone Edge (TM)
-Crunch (Level)
Pkm 3
Bellossom | Pomona (F)

Text Color: f67482
Level- 58
Type-
Ability- Chlorophyll
Attack list-
-Sunny Day (TM)
-Giga Drain (TM)
-Ingrain (TMl)
-Drain Punch (Level)
Pkm 4
Jumpluff | Indunn (F)

Level- 58
Type-
Ability- Chlorophyll
Attack list-
-Sunny Day (TM)
-Toxic (TM)
-Silver Wind (TMl)
-Bounce (Level)
Pkm 5
Leafeon | Rhea (F)

Text Color: 6abd8b
Level- 58
Type-
Ability- Leaf Guard
Attack list-
-Leaf Blade (Level)
-X-Scissor (TM)
-Quick Attack (Level)
-Swords Dance (Level)
Pkm 6
Pumpkaboo | Irkalla (F)

Text Color: ff6d00
Level- 20
Type-
Ability- Pickup
Attack list-
-Astonish (Level)
-Razer Leaf (Level)
-Leech Seed (Level)
-Confuse Ray (Start)
**small sized
Quote "Out of the Gym, a Gym Leader is just another Trainer. But wherever I go, I still try to be as tough as I can. It's not fair to my Pokémon if we were to lose because of me."

"I can't lose anymore. I have to win. For them."
History
history:
HISTORY

HISTORY

HISTORY.

Appearance -mostly looks the same as she did before, though now she wears a black sweater instead of the weird crop top thing
-her clothes are all clean and in good condition
-stands with her hands on her hips a lot
-usually smiling
-often has a pokemon out
-carries the gardening hoe over her shoulder and uses it like a hiking stick when walking and as a baseball bat when fighting
-whistles a lot
-carries herself with confidence
-typically wearing the gardening gloves
Personality
personality:
  • loyal
    -fiercely; one it's earned it's pretty much for life
    -you would have to do something pretty terrible for her to drop you
  • brash
    -very self-assertive, always in a noisy way
    -unintentionally rude
  • confrontational
    -hell fucking yeah
    -mess with one of my people I will cut you bro
  • loud mouthed
  • opinionated
    -if she has one you will hear it
    -and you will hear it loudly
  • competitive
    -she loves competing and is both good at winning and losing; she doesn't gloat when she wins or sulks when she loses unless it's meant playfully
  • friendly
    -she feels the hostile times are no reason to be cruel to others; she intends to hang onto her humanity, even after all this time
  • reacts poorly to what she percieves as being trapped, manipulated, or commanded
    -she's more than happy to do something for someone if asked and treated with respect, but she refuses to be caged again
  • quick to anger
    -she can have a pretty short fuse, though how long it is exactly depends on the topic at hand and the people around her
  • touchy
    -once she got used to the idea of touch as a friendly guesture she couldn't get enough of it
    -to this day she still sometimes forgets to wait or ask first before she puts her hands on people
    -this tends to manifest in like, grabbing people by the hand or smoothing hairs back or patting someone's back or shoulder
  • extrovert
    -she gains intense energy from being around other humans and misses them when they're gone
    -she does, however, gain energy from new pokemon friends as well
  • Affiliations
    relationships:
    Roark: Roark is basically her platonic soulmate. The two share everything with one another, spent extraordinary amounts of time together, and were often seen in public together when neither were tending to their duties. Their pokemon get alone perfectly and Gardenia was often observed to pull Roark around by the hand like an overexcited kid. It's well known they lived together for a time before Gardenia came to Eterna City.

Given that Roark was responsible for getting her away from her parents and for helping her figure out her place in the world and how she could do that without her parents, Gardenia considers him a saint and will hear nothing otherwise on the matter. The good news of which is that Roark wouldn't really give anyone anything otherwise to say on the matter to begin with. But the point is that she takes a very dim view of anyone treating him harshly or unfairly, and would often stand up for injustices on his behalf even when he didn't want her to. Being as they both came from difficult childhoods--hers far moreso--they've shared a lot of soul-searching. They were one another's sole confidents, and his absence is a hole in her chest. She's confident he survived; sure, he had issues, but none of them were crippling and he has a powerful team and a head for leadership. He'll be fine.

But she'll miss him terribly, every day, until they find one another again. One of her major goals, besides hopefully finding where everyone evacuated to, is to find Roark. She would settle at this point for just Ro.

Cynthia: Finds her to be an actual goddess and aspires to be as strong and well put together as she is someday. She worries about the survival of her idol; sure, she probably survived, but life is no doubt a little miserable at least.

♓ Byron: Despises him for his cruelty to her best friend. Never forgave him.
    User Notes
    notes:
    -can often be observed talking to flowers

oh, ms. believer
    my pretty sleeper
    your twisted mind
    is like snow on the road
    your shaking shoulders
    prove that it's colder
    inside your head
    than the winter of dead

desktop||starbits shop||trainersona