Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?


IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT- http://www.epidemicjohto.com/t7003-join-the-battle-for-net-neutrality

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Catalyst. The Banner was made by Lady Silverfishes. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.


Support our staff!



(ELITE) The FALLARBOR Team

Share
avatar
Lance
Resistance
Resistance

Posts : 87

Re: (ELITE) The FALLARBOR Team

Post by Lance on Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Route 113||Late Morning
(7)


Arthur obviously frightened the trainer, but he didn't care too much, not when his own trainer's life was in jeopardy. "U-um..." The girl trembled before him, tripping over her words. "I-I..."

The Lucario is the first to really speak, easing out of his battle stance to something more calm. It was progress. "She's Sara-Anne; I'm Mattimeo, that's Flame, and tha'ts Joy," Arthur's eyes followed each in turn before returning back to the Lucario. Mattimeo. "We're not anyone special-- just survivors. We came over because I can see auras, and I saw your human's. We haven't seen a human in a long while, and that aura told me he was injured, so we thought we'd just come and check."

"And your trainer flipped his lid a little. Thought we were gonna mug him." Yeah, that sounded correct. "I mean I guess I can understand that, since not all human survivors are friendly, but he scared my girl." Arthur snorted at the sentiment; he didn't care for the small monkey's bravado, but he supposed he was grateful they didn't outright attack Lance.

"Flame shush. He was afraid, too." The Gardevoir seemed to have some sense about her, to which Arthur was grateful. She was the voice of reason, then, along with Mattimeo. It felt odd to see the Pokemon have so much control over the situation instead of the trainer; he didn't see that often outside the Plateau. "I'm sorry we scared him. We really did just want to help." Arthur nodded, but remained silent.

"Th-there's... um... we're lost but-- I remember around here there's a ci-- I mean." The girl had to steady herself, breathing forcefully even before continuing. "I remember there's a town around here somewhere, but we don't know where. Um, if we can move your human there, we have bandages for him. I'm not... really good with human medicine but... at least we can do that much for him. And maybe... make a splint...?"

Arthur rose from his crouch over Lance, studying the others a moment before uttering, "I believe you." He stretched to his full height and turned to look back down at his wounded trainer, studying what wounds he could see. The haggard breathing likely meant broken ribs, maybe fluid beginning to pool in the lungs. That was bad, if that was the case. The most obvious was his bleeding leg, smashed with shrapnel from the ruined greave. Very broken. Arthur could even spot a piece of bone poking out from the metal. "We need to get him somewhere safe, somewhere I can get the armor off and see what the damage is. We have some medical supplies as well, but..." He looked down at his large, taloned hands before looking to the others. "...I lack the proper hands."

Reaching down to glance over Lance's belt, Arthur grabs a pokeball before turning to the others. "My comrade will be able to carry my trainer much better than I or any of you, as well as the rest of us. I'm... fairly exhausted, and I'm sure all of you would prefer to conserve any energy you have to fight off anything my trainer's crash may have attracted." Tossing the pokeball, in the empty space beside the group, Tyrantrum materialized, massive and intimidating. He growled upon spotting Lance's unconscious form, but Arthur held up a hand, saying simply, "They're helping us." Though Tyrantrum was obviously still distraught, he stayed relatively calm. Arthur turned to the others before going to Lance, standing over him. "Help me pick him up; we'll put him on the Tyrantrum, and then all get on board. You'll direct him," Arthur nodded to the girl, "to the city. Is that agreed?"
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
avatar
Abysswalker
Elite
Elite

Age : 19
Posts : 1423

Re: (ELITE) The FALLARBOR Team

Post by Abysswalker on Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Route 113 | Late Morning
[7]
(Both)

"I'll tell you stories sometime if you want." The response brings a short bout of laughter from the Archeops, still wearing that wide smile on his face. "I'll hold ya to it, boyo," he says mischievously, flicking his feathered tail and winking. Stannis would've tugged him away from Vince by that same tail if he'd been able to.
Chris, however, was preoccupied with finding out more about this mystery Trainer; the less he knew, the more it made his skin itch, as if someone curiosity could bubble up from beneath the bones. That was a strange thought. Unfortunately for him, Vincent did not give an answer; Chris nearly bit back on his lower lip, trying not to force the issue even further than he already did. The trick was to stay calm, Vince was a friend...surely the answer would come soon enough, when the other was ready. Yeah, sure. Keep telling yourself that. More like than not, Vince was purposely ignoring him for some arbitrary, pointless reason and Chris would never know. Great. His gaze wanders as his mind turns wheels trying to figure out what was so important about this unknown person-was it Vince's secret boyfriend or something?-but nothing even remotely credible comes to mind. Chris is so focused that the loud clacking noise nearly makes him jump about five feet in the air, bringing enough tension in his muscles to bring a quick, sharp ache. His hand instinctively went for Ninten's Pokeball, fingers freezing around the golden and striped design; it was all Chris could do not to end out the Reuniclus.

His heart pummeling his chest, Chris feels Stannis nudge against the arm that had went to grab the Ultra Ball. Grateful for the ever-steady reliability of his stag, the man moves his hand to stroke the Sawsbuck's silky pelt; that always makes his heart slow down. Goddamn... Chris knows fully well that the rules of the wild haven't left him yet, but what would Vincent think of him jumping at every sound and noise? Hell, that fucking clacking was only from his Sableye, who bore a grin not too different from Cormag's. Scared by a Sableye's natural movement, how much more weak could Chris get? He's definitely losing it. If it wasn't for Stannis' support...
"Tourists?" The Sableye asks with a snicker, looking right at them.
"Y'know, just passerby lookin' to score an easy meal," Cormag responds with another one of his slightly exaggerated winks. Stannis sighs at the Archeops, but gives a slight bow to the Ghost-type, his typical greeting. The Sawsbuck can remember this Pokemon as well, though nowhere near as clearly as he had remembered Pollux. Sam Tsui simply had a personality more suited to the company of Cormag and Ninten, rather than it being because of personal reasons. Stannis does not recall disliking any of Vincent Sage's Pokemon, really.

"Sam Tsui-you remember Chris, don't you? This is Cormag and Stannis," Vincent says to his Pokemon, earning only a slight nod from Chris in return. He is still dwelling in his own thoughts, and has little incentive to speak to the Sableye, or any of the other Pokemon with them. Right now, all he wants to do is pass out somewhere where there wasn't a good chance of being eaten, or robbed.
"Hi!"
"Hello, Sam Tsui," Stannis says calmly, noting with approval the now the Ghost-type gave. He wasn't sure if it was an answer to his own or simply a habit, but either way was good in his eyes. It was far better than Cormag's habit of getting in one's face and talking for an hour, or two, or three...it could be endearing, but not with so many others around like this. Didn't Vincent have a full team before? Who knew how many he has picked up for his settlement over the years; Stannis also knows that Vincent Sage adores their kind.
"How do y'do?" Right on cue, Stannis braces himself for the incoming storm of Cormag. As much as he loves the bird, Stannis could easily acknowledge that he talks far too fast and with too much inflection. Thats just how he is, remember-nothing wrong with that. Stannis feels a tinge of worry, realising where his thoughts are going; the exhaustion must be getting to him for such insensitivity to crop up like this.
"Why, I'm just great! Now, Mister Stoneface here, he's too grumpy today."

Chris listens to the conversation with faint amusement, but it doesn't take much of a distraction to get him to focus elsewhere, and that distraction happens to be Vincent opening the gate to the rest of Fallarbor. What did the town look like, now, after so many years? Would he remember any of it from his childhood days? Nothing else has resembled anything close to the places he once visited, but maybe Fallarbor could be different, special in that regard.
"C'on in. It's safe in here," Vincent says; the exhaustion is etched into his face, plain as day for any to see. Chris feels a tug of pity before remembering how the man still hasn't answered his question from before. Annoyance once again chews at him like a nervous flea. I'll get answers out of you eventually. For now...thank fuck they have a safe place to rest, and don't have to worry about their next meal. No undead...no strangers...Chris could call it heaven. He enters through the gate without a hint of hesitation, fully expecting his Pokemon to follow without needing a command to be given. "Now that's something I haven't heard in a long time," Chris remarks.


_________________

I was the match and you were the rock
maybe we started this fire
avatar
Starbits
Elite
Elite

Age : 24
Posts : 1043

Re: (ELITE) The FALLARBOR Team

Post by Starbits on Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:49 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Route 113 | Late Morning | 8


When the dragon rears up, her stomach lurches.  If her muscles didn't freeze up, she would have stepped back.

But what he has to say is, in fact, the last thing she expected.  "I believe you."

He what now?  She watches, a numbness settling over her as the dragon surveys his trainer again.  "We need to get him somewhere safe, somewhere I can get the armor off and see what the damage is. We have some medical supplies as well, but..." He directs everyone's attention to his hands by pausing to glance at them.  Oh, right... he has hands and fingers, but they're a far cry from ones delicate enough to tend to such wounds. "...I lack the proper hands."

He picks a Pokeball from the man's belt, Sara-Anne feeling her Pokemon's energy tense, like a nervously coiled spring.  

Please don't freak out, guys.  Please don't.

"My comrade will be able to carry my trainer much better than I or any of you, as well as the rest of us. I'm... fairly exhausted, and I'm sure all of you would prefer to conserve any energy you have to fight off anything my trainer's crash may have attracted."

"Understandable," she agrees quietly.  "Go ahead."

The beast that the dragon unleashes makes her squeak in fear, the woman stepping back to stare up at the dinosaur dragon in terror.  The name of the species escapes her but-- Oh my GOD he's so BIG and don't these Pokemon have bad tempers oh no oh no

The look that the Tyrantrum gives them isn't reassuring, but his companion is quick to step in.  "They're helping us."

Her heart pricks with pity at the look of obvious distress that he gives his unconscious human.  Thankfully despite that distress, he stays calm.  Good, considering he could probably eat her in one good chomp.

The dragon addresses them again. "Help me pick him up; we'll put him on the Tyrantrum, and then all get on board. You'll direct him" --he nods at her, and her stomach twists-- "to the city. Is that agreed?"

"I-I'm not sure how much directing I can do; like I said; I'm not entirely sure where the town is..."  Sara-Anne tugs on a lock of her hair, watching as Joy steps forward to help Dragonite move Lance with her psychic powers.  "B-but I'll sure try."

"I don't think we can be far away though-- didn't Vee say that it's at the end of the route with all the ash falling?  If we find our way back to the main path and get out of all these woods, then we just have to go in a straight line."  

"You're assuming the route hasn't been overgrown."

"In four years?  No."  Oh good, she sounded sure of herself that time.  "Maybe in twenty, but not in four.  It should be clear enough so we can recognize it when we find it."

"And with my aura ability, I can see anything long before it gets to us, so we should be able to avoid trouble as long as it's not an entire horde that comes at us." He nods at Sara-Anne.  "I think locating the route is the best option.  We can send Arlene up there to look around; I mean, I'm sure she could spot something from the air."

"What do you think?" Joy addresses the Dragonite; it's only polite to get his opinion, given how his injured trainer is affected by any decision making.

(I'm assuming that as Sara-Anne and her Pokemon discussing this stuff, Joy and Arthur are getting Lance secured onto Dinadan's back.  ^^  Please correct me if needed.)


_________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
oh, ms. believer
my pretty sleeper
your twisted mind
is like snow on the road
your shaking shoulders
prove that it's colder
inside your head
than the winter of dead



[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]19 Badges[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
little fairy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Lance
Resistance
Resistance

Posts : 87

Re: (ELITE) The FALLARBOR Team

Post by Lance on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:08 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Route 113||Late Morning
(8)


The girl seemed unsure of herself, something that Arthur wasn't happy to hear. "I-I'm not sure how much directing I can do; like I said; I'm not entirely sure where the town is..." The Gardevoir quietly came to his side and Arthur gave a silent nod of gratitude as he tried to keep his ever-growing panic under control. Lance needed him to be level-headed in this. After all, this wasn't the first time Lance had been injured far from home, and it certainly was the first where they actually had help. He gathered the upper half of his battered trainer in his arms as best he could while the Psychic Fairy dealt with levitating the lower. Arthur felt that he'd rather not risk making Lance's leg any worse than it already was by man-handling it. "B-but I'll sure try."

The small Chimchar was next to speak, giving some optimism back to the conversation. "I don't think we can be far away though-- didn't Vee say that it's at the end of the route with all the ash falling?  If we find our way back to the main path and get out of all these woods, then we just have to go in a straight line." As they drew closer to Dinadan, the Tyrantrum quietly lowered himself down to one knee to allow Arthur and Joy to bring their downed trainer onto the former's broad back. Arthur grunted with effort placing Lance on the saddle, his own muscles burning from the previous battle.

"You're assuming the route hasn't been overgrown." Joy pointed out quickly as her job was soon done, and it was left to Arthur to secure Lance on the dinosaur's back.

"In four years?  No." The confidence in the otherwise meek trainer caused Arthur to look at her for a moment. The fact that she was so sure that the path wouldn't be blocked was reassuring, though Arthur was fairly sure Dinadan could rip through any sort of vegetation. "Maybe in twenty, but not in four.  It should be clear enough so we can recognize it when we find it." Arthur nodded and continued his work.

"And with my aura ability, I can see anything long before it gets to us, so we should be able to avoid trouble as long as it's not an entire horde that comes at us." Mattimeo added optimistically. "I think locating the route is the best option.  We can send Arlene up there to look around; I mean, I'm sure she could spot something from the air."

"What do you think?" Arthur turned to Joy, then glanced at the others as he finished the final touches on Lance's straps. "Sounds good," he remarked quietly, dismounting Dinadan. He gave his trainer one last look; he was looking pale -at least, paler than normal- and his wounded leg gave a slow, steady drip of blood. Though the ruined greave was certainly blocking a lot of blood loss, it wasn't perfect. It needed to be tended to very quickly. Lance was tough, but even this was not something he'd be able to survive for long. "I would help scout, but I need to keep my trainer stable and none of my flying comrades are in decent shape at the moment." Half of Lance's team was out, not including himself. Legends only knew how Lucan was faring-- the fact that he wasn't out when Arthur found Lance was a bad sign. The others were simply exhausted from the flight here.

"We need to leave now. Smaller ones, go ahead and board Tyrantrum; I'll help you up. Mattimeo, Joy, if you'll walk beside Tyrantrum in case of attack, please. We'll be going slow, as to not jar my trainer's wounds, so don't worry about keeping up." As he was about to assist the others onto Dinadan's back, the Tyrantrum gently nudged Arthur's arm with his gargantuan head, worry plain on the former's face. "Is he going to be okay?" was his quiet query, to which Arthur's own face softened in response. He patted Dinadan's crown gently, trying to bring his comrade -and himself- some peace of mind. "He's hurt, but I don't think any major organ or artery is in danger. As long as we get him help soon, I think he'll be fine," the Dragonite murmured, hoping to keep their conversation private. With a final nod and an uncertain swallow, Dinadan gave a last glance to their unconscious trainer before swiveling his head back forward, on guard for intruders.

Arthur held out his hand toward the others, pulling lightly on Sara-Anne's once he had hold of it. "Mind the sword and shield," he commented casually, the two said weapons latched firmly to Dinadan's side. There were other supplies as well, but none of the saddlebags nor the sleeping roll could hurt the passengers. Arthur had laid out a blanket for Sara-Anne to sit on, as the saddle only seated one and he knew from experience how awful and hard those Tyrantrum scales were. It would also indicate where she should sit. So, helpful.

Once everyone was aboard, Arthur went to Dinadan's side and assisted him back up on his feet, careful not to jar Lance out of place. With a quick flap of his wings, he was back on the Tyrantrum, settling in directly behind Lance to keep him steady. As he got comfortable, however, he found an alarming amount of more blood-- pooling in Lance's hair and beneath the cloth on his right arm. Not good. Not good at all. Arthur swallowed hard and hoped that the blood was at least congealing, having to push down the new rush of panic that rose within him. He turned back to Sara-Anne, a little more desperate for movement. "Which way?"

(Permission given to manipulate the others.)
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
avatar
Abysswalker
Elite
Elite

Age : 19
Posts : 1423

Re: (ELITE) The FALLARBOR Team

Post by Abysswalker on Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Fallarbor Town | Late Morning
[8]
(Both)

"I'm just glad someone like you found us, a person I actually know that won't pillage the town and burn the crops." Chris tenses as he hears the words, feeling his right hand twitch ever so slightly. While pillaging a town and burning the crops was never something he was given an opportunity to do in the years before now, Chris is well aware that he's seen-and done-far worse. You...really don't know me at all. Vincent saw him as a friend, yes, but how long was that going to last? As much as Chris doesn't fancy being kicked out and forced back into scrounging for survival, it was probably inevitable, no matter how hard Stannis tried to ensure otherwise. The Sawsbuck would certainly make any effort to do so, Chris knows perfectly well. Vince goes off to talk with his Sableye, or something, Chris doesn't really care; he would much rather have it only be him, his friend, and his Pokemon. He is less on edge around them, so long as Vince remains unaware of anything Chris did before the past year. Survival at any cost probably didn't mean much to someone who'd set up a functioning town with the convenient help of a Legendary Pokemon, and Chris doubts he'd be able to properly explain the sheer amount of desperation and fear that went with it. With this happy thought in mind, he waits for Vince to finish up talking to the Ghost-type without really paying close attention to the conversation. Stannis probably has that covered for him anyways, unless Cormag is feeling like an eavesdropper today.

I'll feel better once we're indoors. Undead never mess with us here, something about the heat and the rot makes it difficult for them to last longer behind the volcano," Vincent explains as he catches back up with them, the four going through a field of grains; Stannis in particular is interested by the lack of undead activity. It made sense that they would not deal well with the volcano's presence, and the Sawsbuck cannot help but feel relief. This really could turn out to be a long-term solution for them, if Vincent Sage allows them to stay; Stannis cannot see why he wouldn't, so long as Chris keeps a handle on himself. I can't allow him to be thrown back out into the outside. If that happens, there is a very high chance that Chris would be lost again to that almost animalistic instinct, and an even better chance of him never returning from it. Stannis will not let it happen; he is not letting his boy be driven to that again. I cannot fail. Not this time. Fallarbor was a miracle in and of itself, a haven that could turn things around for not only his trainer, but the other Pokemon as well; what chance was there that there would be another place like this one? Stannis could never risk everything on those odds. "We haven't had anything bad in years, so I am sure we'll be fine. Precautions always keep us safe, fortunately."

"Just because nothing bad's happened in awhile doesn't mean something bad won't happen," Chris points out gravely, only a little bit spiteful over the fact that Vince has had a town to hide out in all this time. No struggling to find untainted food or water, no constant undead, actual safety...I would've killed for that. It was sad how that wasn't an exaggeration. "All the precautions in the world won't save us from plain old bad luck." He instinctively reaches to hold his old charm necklace, thumb resting over the tiny carved Weather Trio, as if they could balance out the bad luck that seems to plague Chris everywhere he goes.


_________________

I was the match and you were the rock
maybe we started this fire
avatar
Starbits
Elite
Elite

Age : 24
Posts : 1043

Re: (ELITE) The FALLARBOR Team

Post by Starbits on Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:10 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Route 113 | Late Morning | 9


As soon as the dragon gives the okay, she pulls out Arlene's Pokeball, muttering a soft "no worries; it's fine" to Arthur as he apologizes.  A click of the pokeball button and the cloud dragon materializes from the light, stretching her wings with a trill, only to quickly stretch her wings in a far more threatening way at the sight of the Dragonite, surprise and alarm etched in every muscle.  Sara-Anne waves her arms to catch the Altaria's attention, and her gaze moves to her human.  "Ar, I'm sorry, but no time to explain.  I need you to fly up and look for the path, okay?"   She blinks, but nods, her wings angling more from a fighting stance to a flight Pokemon preparing for takeoff, able to tell from Sara-Anne's expression and body language that she's not quite finished yet.  "Should be a huge swath of land that's mostly flat and clear; no trees, in a straight line.  Maybe see if you can spot some buildings in the distance?"

The urgency in her trainer's voice is not lost on the Pokemon; though she doesn't recognize the man on the dragon dinosaur's back, it's clear the situation is bad.  "Got it.  Be back soon."

She leaves in a flurry of fast movement.

Arthur takes charge again.  "We need to leave now. Smaller ones, go ahead and board Tyrantrum; I'll help you up. Mattimeo, Joy, if you'll walk beside Tyrantrum in case of attack, please. We'll be going slow, as to not jar my trainer's wounds, so don't worry about keeping up."

"R-right."  As nervous as she is of getting close to the giant thing with the teeth...  Making the Dragonite mad is a worse idea.  He's not angry now, no, but fear makes people angry, and his poor human is pretty hurt, and that's plenty cause for fear.  Mattimeo and Joy nod in response to him but watch Sara-Anne with sharp eyes, aware of her fear.

She moves forward to allows Arthur to assist her on climbing onto the Tyrantrum.  Being a natural climber, Flame needs no such assistance, and patiently waits for her to get situated.  Her heart aches as the Tyrantrum nudges his friend, his voice low but the worry in it plain.  "Is he going to be okay?"

She doesn't hear his companion's reply as she approaches, but Tyrantrum nods.  She manages a weak smile.  Well, that could mean the answer was promising, right?  

He takes her hand, gently, and helps her onto the dinosaur's back.  "Mind the sword and shield," he says just as she spots them on his back, and she giggles nervously, what was supposed to be a casual response sticking to the inside of her throat.  

He finishes preparations, Flame scaling Tyrantrum on his own to settle on his usual perch at Sara-Anne's shoulder, watching Dragonite with his large, dark eyes.  Once finished, Dragonite looks to her, barely concealed panic in his eyes.  "Which way?"

"I-- we're about to find out right now," she answers, spotting the bright blue of her Altaria overhead.  Arlene flies in a circle, then takes off.  "Looks like she found the path; follow her!"


_________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
oh, ms. believer
my pretty sleeper
your twisted mind
is like snow on the road
your shaking shoulders
prove that it's colder
inside your head
than the winter of dead



[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]19 Badges[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
little fairy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Lance
Resistance
Resistance

Posts : 87

Re: (ELITE) The FALLARBOR Team

Post by Lance on Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:06 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Route 113||Late Morning
(9)



As Arthur's heart pounded in his ears, he watched the human fumble for just a moment as she looked for her Altaria. "I-- we're about to find out right now." Arthur followed her gaze, spotting the cloud dragon circle their location for a moment before flying off. "Looks like she found the path; follow her!"

Dinadan was quick to react; he must have been watching the Altaria as well. Still, they were finally on the move. Though Arthur's instinct was to go as fast as possible to find help for Lance, he knew so many reasons why that was just a terrible idea. Swallowing a hard lump that had found its way into his throat, he looked back down at his unconscious trainer. It was difficult to keep his eyes off the blood already smeared and smattered on his scales, his worry increasing as each steady footfall sounded. They were going too slow. They were just going too slow...

Arthur took in a long steadying breath, closing his eyes in the meantime to calm himself. Now that the blood was smearing all over the Dragonite's front, the smell was beginning to waft; it set all of his senses on fire, a mental alarm flaring all of his instincts of fight or flight. Still, he needed to be calm. He had to be. Trying to still appear collected, he looked about himself in a bid to jog his memory of where the medical supplies were located. The least he could do was find a bit of clean cloth to put on the head wound. He spotted it by his flank and reached back a bit, uttering a small, "Beg pardon," to the trainer as he nearly threw open a pouch next to her leg. His large hand was still bloodied, but he hoped the girl wasn't terribly squeamish.

Finding his prize in a small towelette, he withdrew and placed it up against the back of Lance's head, where it acted almost like a pillow resting on Arthur's torso. First, however, before he got settled, he unstrapped the saddle on his own back and placed it behind him to balance on his tail. Not that he'd need it on him anytime soon. The Dragonite took in another long, steadying breath, hoping that his small gesture would help.

The travel along the route was surprisingly quiet; though Arthur had anticipated at least a mild resistance to their movement, it seemed that the ashen path was almost barren in not only its landscape, but life in general. The Dragonite's eyes trailed to the looming volcano nearby, its proud structure dominating anything nearby. Surely that had something to do with it? Of all the places he had traveled with Lance, none had the uniqueness of a sentinel such as Mt. Chimney. Regardless, Arthur was glad for the peace. Shifting his shoulders and legs as they began to complain, he kept his eyes wide as they scanned the world around them. It was all he could do to keep his mind off of his ailing trainer.
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
avatar
Abysswalker
Elite
Elite

Age : 19
Posts : 1423

Re: (ELITE) The FALLARBOR Team

Post by Abysswalker on Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:06 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Fallarbor Town | Noon
[9]
(Both)

"We'll take it as it comes, I wouldn't worry." Vince's optimism was refreshing, kind of, but certainly not what Chris was looking for. Not worrying...that was like asking him to not breathe, or to stop blinking for an hour. This was the apocalypse; stress and paranoia was practically on the resumé. His fingers once again tighten around the three charms, as if he were trying to rip them off. Calm down, you idiot. Fallarbor's a safe place, and Vincent is your friend. Stop freaking out. While Chris might be torn between awe, paranoia, and jealousy, there was something he could not turn away from, and that was food and shelter. His Pokemon need it, and he's not going to deny himself the commodities either. "That's the reason we have sentry duty." Chris was glad to be reminded of Vince's precautions, but it doesn't nullify his previous statement of bad luck. After all, no system was flawless, and what if this one just so happened to fail? Vincent's betting on not simply his own life, but those of Chris and their Pokemon as well. As he is lead through the crop field, Chris feels a thought nagging in the back of his head, yearning for attention. If you had the good fortune to find your friend, wouldn't it make since for misfortune to take him away?

"And here we are!" Vince's confident declaration pushes the pessimistic question back into the dark recesses of Chris' mind; the opening of the gate to Fallarbor is almost enough to bring a smile to his face. After so long in the wilderness, a functioning-if sparsely inhabited-town is like discovering Arcadia. Like Cormag said...a real bed. "Welcome to Fallarbor. There is a second house that was never used much other than storage-we could bring your things in there to unload." Stannis trots by Chris, giving a slight gesture to the bag he has slung across one shoulder (which was starting to dig into the skin). "I can carry that, if you'd like."
Chris shakes his head once; he doesn't want the bag being accidentally caught on those antlers. "Be easier if I carry it. It's not that heavy, anyways." Mercifully, the stag does not push the issue, instead giving only a slight nod. Stannis was normally a bit more stubborn than that, but maybe being around another person was softening his blunt personality. Chris was definitely not complaining.

"If you have any water types on you, they can relax in the pools outside town. I have a Wailmer there, she's friendly." At that, Chris cannot stop himself from giving a half-grin. His Pokemon were never easily offended, and no doubt this one would be no different-in fact, she might even enjoy the company of their dark-haired friend. The Milotic was always kind and patient, but it was not often that she was able to see her original trainer even before the end of the world. Not to mention, there was safe water her for here, and that was definitely a luxury rarely afforded to them.
"Don't tell me you've forgotten Hinawa already; she misses you! She's exactly like a mom, all mother hen, y'know?"


_________________

I was the match and you were the rock
maybe we started this fire
avatar
Starbits
Elite
Elite

Age : 24
Posts : 1043

Re: (ELITE) The FALLARBOR Team

Post by Starbits on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Route 113 | Late Morning | 10


Her nerves strain, ready to snap at the slightest noise.  For a while now everything has been quiet, but Sara-Anne knows that such a thing doesn't last.  It's a only a matter of when, not if, and of course, how.   Please don't let it be a horde...

If a horde were coming, the Pokemon around would smell it long before it reached them.  Really, that's not something she has to worry about.  Nor does she have to worry about humans, really; same rules apply.

--unless they were covered in mud, or something to throw off scents--

No, no; don't... don't think about that.  Don't stress.  Don't stress.  She lets out a deep breath, ignoring how it shakes.  It doesn't do much to ease the tightness out of her chest.

The cloud dragon above continues to lead the way, her blue and white form easily distinguishable against the cloudy sky.  At least getting lost isn't something to worry about, anymore...

"... His aura is... shuddering."  Mattimeo is staring at Lance as they walk, his brow furrowed.  "If we don't find it soon, we'll need to stop to try giving him better medical attention..."

"Wait, isn't that a house!?"  The chimp leaps from Sara-Anne's shoulder to Joy's as the fairy walks alongside the dragon dinosaur, pointing.

The woman blinks, mouth opening slightly.  In the distance-- that's definitely a building--

"We- We should stop there."  Oops, maybe that's too direct.  Too much like she's in charge; what if the dragon gets angry?  "A-at least, I think so.  We might not find a better place to get a good look at his injuries for a while, and maybe we can find supplies there!"


_________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
oh, ms. believer
my pretty sleeper
your twisted mind
is like snow on the road
your shaking shoulders
prove that it's colder
inside your head
than the winter of dead



[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]19 Badges[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
little fairy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Lance
Resistance
Resistance

Posts : 87

Re: (ELITE) The FALLARBOR Team

Post by Lance on Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Route 113||Late Morning
(10)


It seemed hours that they walked along that route, Dinadan faithfully following the Altaria floating carelessly above them while all Arthur could do was cradle their unconscious trainer in his arms. Lance's rattling, wet breathing was enough to keep the Dragonite on high alert; it was a very real sign that there was blood somewhere in his airways, either just pooled up from his stomach, or maybe he bit his tongue and it bled and the blood's stuck in his throat or the worst-- his lungs were punctured. Each situation had its own clock ticking down his life, and yet all Arthur could do was sit and wait.  "... His aura is... shuddering." Arthur's gaze shot, wide-eyed and alert to the Lucario, who had his own focused gaze honed in on his wounded trainer. Of course, Dinadan's large head whipped toward Mattimeo as well, fear obvious on the dinosaur's face. "If we don't find it soon, we'll need to stop to try giving him better medical attention..."

"W-Wha--"

"Wait, isn't that a house!?" Flame cried, pointing ahead and subsequently diverting the group's attention away from Lance and toward the near distance. Sure enough, there seemed to be a sort of structure still standing against the ashen trees. Arthur swallowed the hard lump in his throat, hope rising in tandem with his fear.
"Wait--"

"We- We should stop there," Sara stammered, earning a whole-hearted agreement from Arthur. "A-at least, I think so.  We might not find a better place to get a good look at his injuries for a while, and maybe we can find supplies there!"

"Is he gonna die?"

"Tyrantrum." Arthur's voice was sharp and stern-- he was already losing control of the situation. His heart ached for Lance to be awake, but... No. He could do this. He'd done things like this before. "He'll be ok-- we need to stay calm for him." Turning to address Sara, he turned slightly, his back somewhat still to her. "No, you're right. We need to stop and actually take care of him now." Arthur gently kicked Dinadan's sides with his heels, spurring the dinosaur on. Hopefully, they'd be able to make it in time to help him...

"A little faster. Mattimeo, are you sure there's nothing ahead, in the house?" His mind raced and quickly, his instincts took over. Arthur snatched another pokeball from Lance's side, knowing the pokemon within was tired from the flight, yes, but otherwise fine. Tossing the pokeball with expert ease to release another of his companions, he stared down at the confused and immediately alarmed Charizard with an intense stare. "Charizard, go with Mattimeo, the Lucario, to scout out the house. Find a place for Lance so we can start stitching him back up."

Without a single word to question Arthur, Galahad nodded quickly, turning to the specified Lucario. "Lead the way."
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Re: (ELITE) The FALLARBOR Team

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:32 am