Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+8
Grimsley
Feraligatr
BatEmmaman
Starbits
Kaze
Fern
Kitty
renegade
12 posters

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team

Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 10 Empty Re: (ACE) The LAVERRE Team

Post by Duma Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:26 am

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 10 Tumblr_ol1zl7h7Bh1qm24p9o1_540
    ||Laverre City | Morning||
    ||35 | 35||
    Hide watched the outside warily, his chocolate gaze tired. His eyes were half closed and he lent against the windowsill, scanning the path around them. He wanted to go and look at what Conan had found, but he also wanted to wait for Kaneki. He'd been gone a while now, and the Riolu was starting to get worried, his tail twitching every so often.

“I bet they’re on their way back now, friend,” Alirah's mew of support made him smile a little, though it was soon followed by a heavy sigh. Hopefully they weren't far away now... he wanted to hug his beau and hold him close-- after scolding him for being away so long, of course.

"Come on Kaneki..."

Kaneki kept an eye on Plant as the Snivy cried over the Snover's grave, and he felt his own chest tighten with a sympathizing pain. This world was far too cruel for children, and it had taken so much from everyone who just wanted to live their life and be happy. It just went to show that with the world as it was right now... no one could ever truly be happy, not really.

"This world is cruel.." He glanced up as Plant mumbled softly, before the soft plop of the Snivy passing out caught his attention, and Kaneki sat upright, blinking at Plant. He held still for a few heartstopping moments, before letting out a relieved sigh as he noticed Plant's breathing. Okay... he'd just passed out, then...

Kaneki moved forwards to try nosing his way under Plant, trying to push the Snivy up onto his back. Once he was sure that Plant was secure, he started towards the cafe that Hide had last been at with the rest of the group. Time to return. "I know you can't hear me, Plant... but I promise... I promise I'll take care of you. I don't want to see anymore death... there's been far too much of that already..."
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:03 am

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 10 Pgxl4hH
    Laverre City l Morning l (46)

For just a moment, Ali was distracted from everything. Watching the leaves fall, one after another, after another, made even the state of the world and everything in it fade from thought. That was a sweet fortune she usually only got from the depths of a heavy sleep. Moments like this were far and few between but made it seem like all the pain and struggling was worth it.

The kit at her side nuzzled against her furry form lovingly. "I wonder if Kaneki and Plant are seeing the leaves dance as well."
    “I hope,” she said, bringing a foreleg around Conan to pull him into a hug. “Maybe they’re watching them with us from where they are.”

"Alirah? Do you think Kaneki would be my pa if I needed one?" She blinked, hesitating only momentarily to ensure she’d phrase this correctly.
    “I think Kaneki would do anything for you, Conan, as would I,” she purred. “So don't you worry about anything. We’re all gonna watch over each other and it’ll all be okay.” Somehow, there had to be a way to build a life for themselves. These kids deserved safety and happiness. They all did.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:42 pm

OoC))Skip, Conan sits silently watching the leaves with Alirah
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:42 pm

((Skip. Plant is unconscious.))
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:49 am

||36 | 36||
    Hide sighed, looking out the window. His gaze was tired, and he rest his head on one hand, looking out the window. I hope you're okay, 'Neki. Come back safely. He thought, his chocolate gaze looking over the path. He spotted a dark figure in the corner of his vision, and he looked over, ears perking up. He squinted a moment to try and see the figure better, leaning out of the window. His tail started to wag, and a grin finally overtook that frown that had been over his face throughout the time that the Spectreon had been gone.

"Kaneki!" He called, moving to the door and darting out, his legs carrying him as fast as he could go. The Riolu ran to the Spectreon's side, dropping down to give him a proper hug. "There you are, ya big oaf... I was worried about you." He said, pulling away from the hug and looking the Spectreon over, making a face at the mud on him, and then looking to the little Snivy on the ghost's back. He looked around, his ears suddenly drooping.

"What... where's Verglas?"

The Spectreon looked down, his gaze dull as he nudged Hide, silently motioning for him to walk with him as they made their way back to the cafe. "He... he's gone, Hide... I couldn't... I wasn't able to get there in time..." He said softly, looking back at the Snivy on his back. "Plant and I... we buried him, not even a few minutes ago..." He said, swallowing hard.

Hide looked down, sighing softly and resting his paw on Kaneki's back. "'Neki... what happened is not your fault. You can't... you can't control what happens. All we can do is... take steps to try and make sure it doesn't happen again." He said, walking alongside the Spectreon as they made their way back to the cafe.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:04 am

Laverre City l Morning l (47)

Alirah’s ears had grown accustomed to the peaceful café; which was enjoyable until that worked against her and Hide’s own voice jumpscared her as he rushed out-- she’d missed the spoken word, but she could only assume by the tone Kaneki had finally returned. She rose up gently enough as to not knock Conan over and beamed at the kit, “Ready to go play?”

The pastel fox padded through the café and stood upright at the window Hide’d been occupying. “Kaneki!” Alirah’s muzzle spread into an overjoyed grin and she threw her paw up, waving the best she could and blissfully unaware of why both Hide and Kaneki both looked as though someone had…

Her paw slowly stopped moving as that realization hit her like a 2x4. Dropping back onto all-fours - and accidentally leaving claw marks on the sill in her haste - Alirah moved to greet them at the door with concern. “Plant!” She exclaimed at the tiny Grass-type lay limp on Kaneki’s back. “Is he alright? Did you find Verglas?”

She backed a few steps, glancing over her shoulder at Conan and back to the Snivy and the mud clinging to both of them. “Please don’t tell me he…”
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:39 am

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 10 UoOeshi
    Laverre City|Morning

Conan watched each leaf excitedly as the wind carried one in particular in the air. It was a small leave that had three edges and with it pressing against the window it looked like it was something he'd like to give Plant when he can go and get it. What was it ma and pa called that leaf? Mayple? Maiple? I wanna get it for Plant if Alirah can help me. Of course that's if she's wanting to go outside with him. Just before the leaf blew away it left a mark on the window. Some of the dirt was taken off of the window as the leave blew away. It revealed the leaves all colored and they looked very colorful. Eventually Hide shouted out and the door swung open. “Ready to go play?” Conan got up and ran behind Alirah. The Eevee had a happy face for Kaneki's return and to play with Plant and Verglas. This would be the best play date ever, but it was soon not to be.

As they approached the doorway, Alirah was waving to both Hide and Kaneki as she expressed excitement. “Kaneki!” That waving and happy face soon turned to a frown and the look she had was something that Conan had remembered when he lost his parents. His mother had that same look when they got bit by the small undead. Tears started swelling up in Conan's eyes. “Plant!” Plant wasn't moving. Conan seen the tears on Plant's eyes and thankfully he wasn't hurt, but Verglas. Where was he? “Is he alright? Did you find Verglas?” Alirah's voice had then became exactly that of sorrow which his mother expressed the same thing. “Please don’t tell me he…” It all hit Conan like a ton of bricks. The other one that he was wanting to play with as well might have suffered the same fate as his parents did. His ears drooped to the point that it was another painful thing for him. "I...I" Seeing some of Verglas' blood on Plant's hoodie had told it all. Something had gotten to him and it had undone everything that could of been a play date.

The child had laid down covering his eyes with his paws as he started to cry. No matter where he goes the same thing happens over and over making Conan feel nothing but loneliness and pain. If only if his parents had been alive still. "A...Alirah, please I don't wanna lose you like I lost my ma and pa." All that pain from the past was still there. Conan got up and rushed to Kaneki and buried his head in his fur trying to show that he doesn't want to be with just Alirah, but with everyone. "Kaneki....I'm sad." His play date may never been the same again. Perhaps he may never play again if things continued to worsen. After that he went back and grabbed his treats only to give them to Plant in case he was hungry. He would never leave Alirah and Kaneki's side ever.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:59 pm

((Skip. Plant is unconscious.))
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:01 pm

||37 | 37||
    Kaneki's ears flicked slightly as he heard the pawsteps of someone else, and he swallowed hard, looking away. Fuck... he wished he could just hide in the ground like every other ghost type. That would be great right now. “Kaneki!” Oh no, please not Alirah. He wouldn't be able to bear the look on her face.

“Plant!” Kaneki's gaze dropped and he turned to hide his face in Hide's fur, getting a soft, sympathetic coo from the Riolu. “Is he alright? Did you find Verglas?” The Spectreon's ears flattened back with a flick of that white gas, and he swallowed hard, only managing a nod against Hide's fur. “Please don’t tell me he…”

Hide looked down at Kaneki, gently brushing through his fur with a soft coo, before looking back up at Alirah, a frown on his face. "I'm sorry, Ali... Kaneki... he wasn't able to... to get there in time to save Verglas." Hide said softly, hugging the Spectreon close to his chest, gently petting over that dark fur.

"Kaneki....I'm sad." Hide looked up at Conan, sighing quietly and giving the little eevee a half-smile. "I know buddy... we're all sad right now... but we need to... to push forwards, and to... to band closer together. It's just us against the world right?" Hide said, before giving Conan a small grin. "Cheer up, though. We'll get through this, together." He said, looking down at Kaneki, who looked up at him with a little smile.

"You're terrible at pep talks, Hide."
    "And I love you too, 'Neki."
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:48 pm

Laverre City l Morning l (48)

"I'm sorry, Ali... Kaneki... he wasn't able to... to get there in time to save Verglas."

This town was once solace from a life filled with abuse, but now it brought nothing but misery to the pastel fox. Losing those around her hurt infinitely worse than being kicked, beaten and berated. Those wounds could heal.
    “I’m sorry, Plant…” She wasn’t certain the Snivy heard her, but she hung her head and offered condolences all the same. “If you couldn’t save him, none of us could’ve, Kaneki…”

The shadow that cast over her paws dropped with a tiny thud. Quickly, her eyes darted from her feet to the small ball of fluff lay on the floor. “Conan!”
    "A...Alirah, please I don't wanna lose you like I lost my ma and pa." He sniffled softly, his tiny paws hiding his tears. She saw so much of herself in that, it left a dull pain in her chest with every breath.
    “Shhh,” she soothed, nuzzling the kit softly, “I’ll never leave you, okay?” Her sight of the child was getting blurry. She closed her eyes for a moment, taking in a heavy breath to try to find her disappearing composure. “I p-promise.”

She raised her head slowly, looking back to the child whose heart was most certainly just crushed, and the Spectreon who’d undoubtedly blame himself.  When do we get to stop suffering?

"Kaneki....I'm sad." The kit sobbed. The ghost remained silent as Hide comforted both him and Conan.
    "I know buddy... we're all sad right now... but we need to... to push forwards, and to... to band closer together. It's just us against the world right?"

Yeah. But sadly, the world was heartless and felt no pain or remorse for the lives it took long before it was due.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:36 am

Laverre City|Morning

Sadness swept over all of them like a flood. The eevee kept rubbing into Kaneki's fur trying to find comfort. Each of the feelings he had in his mind had continued to crash down on him. "I know buddy... we're all sad right now... but we need to... to push forwards, and to... to band closer together. It's just us against the world right?" Conan sniffles and his eyes full of sorrow stare at the riolu trying to smile back at him. "Cheer up, though. We'll get through this, together." Alirah then tried to comfort him. “Shhh,” The child felt Alirah nuzzling him softly. “I’ll never leave you, okay?” What came next made Conan feel at easy a bit. The feeling with it made him stop crying for a bit as he heard it. “I p-promise.”

With Hide and Alirah doing their best to calm him down, Kaneki said something to Hide. "You're terrible at pep talks, Hide." Hide responds back to Kaneki in return "And I love you too, 'Neki." With that said, they should get back to the Boutique to get the food supply put away. "K-kaneki? What are we gonna do now?" The Eevee asked the Spectreon. This world was unforgiving to even children. The least he can do is try to help Alirah and Kaneki if they had to fight against the undead. Conan wasn't much of a fighter due to being young, but at least his helping hand would work in some way. For now, it was time to finish getting the food and other things to bring back to the Boutique. Hopefully by then Plant wakes up to make some breakfast. "When will he wake up Alirah? He looks sad and alone." Conan asked. In all truth, they was all in pain and it was hard to tell when he'll wake back up from whatever it was. All he can tell is that the snivy shouldn't be alone, but could Conan even fill that void? The eevee wanted to try. The child didn't really know his brothers and sisters since they was all adopted except him. If Plant would accept Conan asking him to be his brother then perhaps he'll at least have some fun again.
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:32 am

((OOC: Skip me for now, will edit into a post when I'm not hacking up a lung))
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:58 am

Laverre City l Morning l (49)

“He’ll wake up soon, sweetie,” Alirah whispered soothingly to Conan. A deep frown was stuck on her face, seemingly never leaving these days with tragedy becoming their norm. “We should let him rest until then, okay?”
    She sighed through her nose at the unconscious child on Kaneki’s back. The poor dear didn’t deserve this. What hells this world held for children…

Their vigil was broken by a loud thud just beyond their sight, lay in the thick fog. Alirah’s pelt shot up and she instinctively took a protective step in front of Conan. Would that be Verglas’ murderer? Hiding out of sight like a coward!
    Her tail swished aggressively with a rare hostility in the cotton candy fox surfacing, her mind urging the culprit to emerge so she could tear its face off.

She saw Kaneki and Hide dart towards the sound, but their shapes disappeared before she could react.
    Her tail suddenly fell limp and she stood silently staring at the space they were just at. The fog was getting bad again and she found herself glancing around herself and Conan constantly. Constantly waiting for that new threat to appear… Paranoia was starting to surface, only increased by the presence of Conan. I have to keep you safe.

The area was so void of sounds that even a pin drop would’ve been loud enough to make her jump. Several minutes passed and the Umbreon was beginning to panic— should she go? Wait? Investigate?
    I would’ve heard a skirmish… right?
    She looked to Conan, forcing her tone to be calm. “Let’s go check on them, okay Conan?”
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:47 pm

Laverre City|Morning

“He’ll wake up soon, sweetie,” Conan couldn't help but feel sad. Something was clearly wrong, but Alirah was there for him still. How would Plant wake up without his friend? Who whirlwind of thoughts had circled in his head. Yet he had to trust Alirah's words. “Let’s go check on them, okay Conan?” The Eevee nods and follows Alirah. Where ever Kaneki and Hide went, they couldn't of gone to far. He stood close to Alirah as he wasn't safe on being alone.

The Eevee walks around looking for any footprints that would have been any signs of the two. So far no luck, but he wasn't going to stop looking until Alirah says to stop. "Did they run away from something? I get scared if a meany comes. I don't see anything of them yet." Conan says as he stays close. They have to be around somewhere or even back at the boutique.

OoC)) Short post
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:11 am

Laverre City l Morning l (50)

"Did they run away from something? I get scared if a meany comes. I don't see anything of them yet."

The city had grown eerily silent and the heavy fog together had begun to simulate something like the senses being deafened. She hated the feeling, like she was blind and deaf in hostile territory.

She lowered her head to Conan’s ear and whispered softly, “Shhh… we need to try our best to keep our voices down now. We don’t know what’s around us” Her voice was urging but gentle. “But don’t be afraid if a meanie shows up. I will protect you, but you gotta help me by staying calm and listening.” She gave a small smile to offset the seriousness of the situation. It would do no good to scare the kit. Alirah’s claws clicked softly against the stone path and the rhythmic sound began to make her anxious so in an attempt to calm her nerves she whispered to Conan, “Wanna hear a joke?” She looked around cautiously, making sure to stay alert to their surroundings, then dipped her head back down. “What do you call a Meowth’s reflection? A copycat!”
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:26 pm

Laverre City|Morning

Being as quiet as he possibly could, Conan listened to what Alirah said to do as they was moving through the streets. The fog was dense enough to cut it with a razor leaf and it would come right out of where it was cut at. Fog had always been unsettling since the undead had appeared. Even then he still remembered what happened to his parents. He won't hesitate to run away if Alirah tells him to, but at the same time he would help her if she needs it. “Wanna hear a joke?” Alirah whispers to Conan. Was she sure this was the time to tell a joke? Even then, Conan didn't know any better due to him being a child, but he would love to hear the joke. “What do you call a Meowth’s reflection? A copycat!” With that being said, Conan started to crack up with laughter. It was a funny joke that he never heard before and even made the foggy atmosphere look like it wasn't there.

The Eevee then whispered back to Alirah. "That's funny, tell another one. Please?" Conan asked as he stayed very close to Alirah since the fog was still quite dense. Hopefully nothing bad will jump out at them as they would have a hard time seeing where anything is at in this weather. He just worried that Hide and Kaneki had ran off and got lost in the fog.

OoC)) Conan loves jokes
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:09 am

Laverre City l Morning l (51)

Her muzzle broke into a pleased grin as the dear little kit began to laugh. See, she was funny! Everyone who had ever told her she had the sense of humor of a dead fish could eat their hearts out!
    "That's funny, tell another one. Please?" Aw, who could resist those eyes?!
    Absol-utely!” She nodded, followed by a hum of thought. “Okay, okay, I got one! How do you get a group of Pikachu onto a bus? You poke-em-on!!” She giggled quietly, taking a few exaggeratedly silly steps while doing so.
    If I keep you amused, I keep you from being scared. I don’t want you to be scared.

She rose her muzzle up high and took in a deep inhale through her nose. “That’s weird.” She cocked her head to the side in confusion, then took another sniff to make sure she wasn’t mistaken. “I don’t smell Kaneki or Hide. Maybe we got lost…” She murmured. She thought she was following their path but maybe the heavy fog made her miss a landmark… or two? Her paws stopped and she scanned the area. “Maybe they’re back at the Boutique. Let’s loop around the gym and head back that way, okay buddy?” She gestured with her ears to the imposing but blurry, massive tree shape ahead of them.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:34 pm

OoC)) Conan is keeping quiet as they are heading towards the Boutique.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:33 pm

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 10 PUhksFk
    Laverre City || Morning || Plant 70

It was so much warmer than he remembered. A gentle warmth, like laying in soft sunlight that he had not seen in a long, long time. Curling in a cozy ball the snake could feel his scales shimmering and taking in the heat he desperately needed. Such comfort was enhanced by the soft sounds and touch that accompanied it. A gentle cooing, a voice he longed to hear once more, and the delicate brushing of fuzzy legs. Nestling in their grasp the Snivy could relax here forever, the sound of Violet's voice was distant but calming. As her long limbs gently stroked his body he tried to make out her words. What could she be telling him after so long? She missed him, loved him? His own voice was caught in his throat; it was tight, almost like he was being choked, and nothing came out of his snout when he tried to call her name. What?

The warmth of the space started to fade, Violet's voice growing louder as a chill crept into his body. His eyes would not open as a hissing wind whipped around him and sucked any heat he had gathered away. Gripping for the Ariados' legs he felt them fall away from his grasp as an endless shower of crumbling leaves. Noise assaulted his eardrums, all peace lost as he squirmed in discomfort. "You need.. to wake up." He heard her voice finally, words clear over the storm, but he did not want to believe them. No! He cried out in his mind, arms flailing as he searched for her loving embrace once more. No, don't leave me! The ground slipped from beneath him, sending the child falling as Violet's voice spoke once more in a faded linger, "It's time... to wake up."

"Mama!"

There was a sudden slap of cold mud against his face and finally Plant could open his eyes and throat once more. With a sharp gasp he blinked his ginger eyes to reveal the strange town he had been in before. With his heart going a million miles an hour he struggled to bring his mind back up to speed. It was a dream? What had happened? Where was he? The last hing he recalled was a tree that-- reality hit him harder than the ground he had been thrown against. Verglas.. He was gone. No, no-- Was that a dream too...? The small hope died away almost immediately as he looked for his brother but only saw the dirty scarf around his own tail. No.. He had really lost him. Pain seared along his side, memories of the battle and burial coming back with a vengeance as the Snivy pushed himself up into a sitting position. It's all my fault. If he had just been faster, stronger, braver, firmer- if he had had done anything maybe he wouldn't be...

..alone...

He buried his head in his arms and started to sob. Was that why the others were gone? Had Kaneki abandoned him here for being a murderer? There was no one, just an eerie silence that was accompanied by new and painful sense of loneliness. Grief gripped his heart tighter than ever before. What was he supposed to do? He didn't know where the trainer was, and he barely knew this town let alone the way home. Squeezing tighter the thought pulsed again; what was he supposed to do?? All he wanted to do was lay down and cry, but this place, or lack there of, was to exposed for the little serpent. Gathering his strength to stand on shaky feet the Snivy wiped his eyes on his sleeve and started to walk. The Boutique, maybe he could find that.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:43 pm

Laverre City l Morning l (52)

Silence not unlike post-epidemic Laverre hung heavy. The new norm was depressing if you stopped to think about it— before, Trainers racing their way to challenge Valerie was a common sight, as were bustling streets of shoppers and diners in the small town. Even in the most chaotic days, there was still a very tranquil vibe that never quite went away. It was just busy enough to be exciting while never so congested that it was stressful.

Alirah pulled herself out of the reverie of days gone, taking a breath to yet again call for her friends on a hushed voice. Nothing but silence answered and she again felt her heart sink. The Boutique. They had to be there.

Finally the building she knew oh-so well came into view. With a single white-clawed paw, she pushed open the door and peered inside. Better safe than a snack, right?
    The air was clean and the Boutique silent, so with a wave of her tail she gestured Conan in before her.
    “Grimsley?” She called, turning her head in every direction in search of the Dark- master. “Nisha?”

She thoroughly inspected the Boutique, even going as far as checking outside the back door for their Elite companion and his Pokémon. Nothing. The scent was there, but stale as though they’d been away a while.
    “I guess Grimsley had to leave,” she pouted. “But I’m sure he’ll come back someday. He probably had some important Elite Four things to tend to,” she assured. She didn’t exactly believe herself but it sounded convincing. “I’m sure the others will be back soon, so we’ll wait here.”

She padded to the front door and pushed it back shut, then made a check of the windows and other doors like she’d done a million times before. Then finally, Alirah sat down on a bed of clothes. “How are you holding up, Conan? Are you hungry or anything?”
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:31 am

Laverre City|Morning

The fog was a common site as it is a morning thing, but the smell of water droplets in the air said otherwise to being another stormy day. Though who could think of the smell of water droplets when your tummy's growling. Conan was getting hungry. Since they did return the Boutique with it being a bit empty of any life, it was good as any to maybe stop. “How are you holding up, Conan? Are you hungry or anything?” The Eevee shook his head yes and replied. "Yeah, my tummy is hurting and wanting food." Guess they'll be eating some normal food as usual. Hopefully Hide and Kaneki returns so they could have a nice meal. Though he was also worried about Plant. He seemed so sad and alone. If there was anything he could do to make Plant happy again, he'd do it, but he couldn't as he was only a kid.

His thoughts did turn towards his momma and poppa when they jumped leaving him all alone. It was his saddest feeling that he couldn't be rid of so easily. Alirah though would hopefully try to at least give him some hope again, but when that happens it would be easily be a sign of love still. The Eevee then moved over to a place where it was nice to lay down at. It wasn't a chair or a bed but it would do as clothing is also quite fun to lay on.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:40 am

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 10 BLg0Vcp
    Laverre City || Morning || Plant 71

There was something about the quiet town that wasn't quite right. It was empty, wide open streets without a soul to break the peace. In a way it was similar to his old home. So similar in fact he could almost believe this was a dream and he was back in his nest right now. But with each step on the soft ground and the lack of pewter colored cobble he knew he would never wake from what was better described as a nightmare. This wasn't some imaginary version of that stone town. This wasn't the fantastical mixture of city and forest that he often dreamed of. This place was very real, very bleak, and very alone. Passing the edge of a building Plant half hoped to see a familiar face, or any face, peering out from the shadows, but as he saw straight through to the other side of the alley there was only a tangle of weeds there to greet him.

Where had they gone? With a deep sniffle the child wiped his face on his damp sleeve. Endless longing nagged at him for the familiar sensation of riding upon Verglas' cap, holding his cold hands, or just the general touch of his wooden body. Something, anything to say he was still here.. but with another gush of tears he knew that would not be. While he continued to sob the release offered him no comfort or calm, just a steady stream of sadness that coated him more evenly than his dripping tears. He would never nestle next to his cuddle buddy, or be their adventuring duo again. He wouldn't be able to teach him about plants or learn about life on that mountain anymore. He'd never be stopped or attacked by other Pokemon for traveling with a sick 'mon, nor would he have to explain the gentle Snover was never a monster. Never again would he be able to show others how wonderful and grateful he was to have the best brother. To be someone's brother. To have family.

My family. His tiny feet came to a halt, breath hitching as he gagged on his own saliva. They're all gone. Though he had been told many times over it was unusual for a kid to have no family he had never found it odd. That is, until he made one. Plant swayed on his feet as he suddenly felt even more faint. It's my fault. Was he destined to be alone? To lose everyone he ever loved? The Snivy sobbed harder, pitiful whines escaping his maw as he stared up toward the sky. This gloomy town- was it an embodiment of himself?

As the mini episode passed Plant realized his surroundings had grown familiar. His wandering had lead him back, and passing one more building he found himself back at the Boutique. There was no joy in the matter, no pride or glee over finding it. He felt next to nothing, the same hollow feeling he'd been suffering but now it was sprinkled with dread. The others. Where they still here? What would they say? They had left him for dead- there was no way they wanted him back. At best the place would be empty, and at worst they would strike and chase him away. There was no doubt in his mind he would be unwelcome. There was no reason to go inside, and if not for the desperate, pitiful, pleading hope that perhaps Verglas was inside and it was just a bad dream, he would have turned tail and left.

His chest tightened as he wiped his face one more time. The door was closed and the windows too high to see inside, but he had to check. Extending his vines to reach the knob the Snivy managed to awkwardly turn it and slowly open the door, a skill he had learned back home. He hesitated a moment longer behind its cover, fearful of the attacks he'd face, but desperation to see his Snover made him breach the threshold with a couple trembling steps. He didn't dare go in any further, it would be clear if Verglas was there or not after all, but what he saw managed to surprise him.
    Alirah's pastel pelt was easy to spot, and Conan's was only noticeable as he moved in an otherwise still environment. That pair was here... but no one else was. Not Grimsley and his Pokemon, nor Hide that they had left here. Verglas was not here, that much was obvious, but neither was Kaneki. Just those two? What had happened? Had the Mightyena come back for the rest of them, or did a monster scare them away? There were no new signs of struggle or injury, nothing to tell the tale of loss. Was it me? Kaneki had been with him. Did the others go looking? Were they lost because of him?

It was too much to bear, his thoughts overwhelming him with guilt until his body started to shake. He sobbed harder, unable to move away from the pairs of eyes. He had no excuse, no explanation, nor did he have the will to bear responsibility. His lip trembled, voice shaking as more tears poured from his eyes and he whimpered,  ".....I'm.. sorry.."
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:32 am

Laverre City l Morning l (53)

"Yeah, my tummy is hurting and wanting food."

She smiled— it was faint, it was weighed down with concern, but the Eevee kit always had a way of making Alirah cheerful through the worst of it. She hopped to her feet and started for the supply surplus, nosing through each item to find something appealing; after all, she had always had somewhat of a child-like appetite, always opting for sweets or other junk food in place of the healthier but grosser things. Was that where the cotton candy Umbreon moniker came from? Who knew.

She plucked out a bag, inspecting its contents only momentarily until the pitter patter of something approaching sent her on high alert. Alirah dropped the bag and leapt in a single fluid motion from her place to land protectively in front of Conan. The doorknob slowly twisted for what felt like hours until the door crept open, emitting a creek louder than she’d ever remembered.

Her heart pounded in her ears as adrenaline began flowing until finally—

She paused, the fierce expression on her felt falling away instantly as she stared at the tiny Snivy in the doorway.
    “Plant!” She bounded to the child, in only seconds she checked to ensure he wasn’t followed by something with malicious intent, closed the door with her head and then circled the child in a wellbeing check. She heaved a heavy sigh— he was okay, thankfully, but the poor thing was sobbing his eyes out. ".....I'm.. sorry.."
    “Shh, shh,” she cooed, “you haven’t done anything wrong, dear.” She whipped her head around and looked around before gesturing with her ears to a large fleece hoodie. “Conan, will you bring that here?” She didn’t know what she was doing, but blankets made everything better right? “Plant, did you come here alone? Where did Kaneki and Hide go?”
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:03 pm

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 10 BLg0Vcp
    Laverre City || Morning || Plant 72

“Plant!”

The sound of his own name was practically a shock. There was excitement in Alirah's voice, surprise, possibly even relief, but not the least bit of anger. In an instant she was all over him, shutting off his escape while inspecting him from all sides. Plant's own guilt prevented him from moving; if she was going to do something to him he wouldn't stop her. His body shook, tensing weakly with each breath, but what came from her maw was not a strike or blast, but a deep sigh of ease. “Shh, shh, you haven’t done anything wrong, dear.” How could she say that? Did she know? She had to know, she had to. Rubbing a sleeve across his eyes once more he sobbed harder, unable to squeak out another sentence as the Umbreon gestured to the other Pokemon. The sound of her voice was so soothing, calming, and he wanted nothing more than to embrace her and cry.
    But he couldn't do that. He just.. couldn't.

His small knees buckled beneath him, flopping the child onto his rump as he pitifully sobbed to himself. She didn't blame him. The room- he felt no anger, no spite. There was nothing but the kindness coming from the Umbreon. Was it his apology..? He never understood those, a foreign concept taught to him by Verglas. Was this the result of a proper one? A tingle trickled across his skin, making him give an involuntary shiver. Maybe things would be alright if-- “Plant, did you come here alone? Where did Kaneki and Hide go?” The cold sunk deep into his belly like a frozen stone. His breath hitched, and he practically choked on the breath he took in. It was like he was being pulled into a river, the panic instant and air escaping him. What could he say? That it was his fault they were gone? That Kaneki helped him with Verglas, and he last saw him at the resting tree? No, no then they'd have to go back. He wasn't ready to go back to that tree. He couldn't handle going back.

"Kaneki was with me," he admitted, feeling his inhales quicken as he tried to push the panic away. "But.. I don't remember. I-I think I fell asleep.. I don't know where he went." It wasn't a lie. He really did end up asleep, and the rest of it was just as much of a blur. If anything he wanted to know what had happened after that, to fill in his own patches of memory. "...Didn't know where I was, either.." How long ago was that? How long had he been out? If Alirah was not angry at him then maybe, just maybe, he could fill those voids. "Did he not come back?"
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Mon May 04, 2020 9:44 am

Laverre City l Morning l (54)

Alirah’s features grew as sullen as a gray, cloud filled sky as she continued to stare down at the sobbing little Snivy. The little guy was absolutely distraught and Ali immediately began to regret pushing for information. What an insensitive jerk she could be sometimes, tending to her own heartbreaks and no one else’s.

"Kaneki was with me," Plant managed through his crying. "But.. I don't remember. I-I think I fell asleep.. I don't know where he went." Oh. She remembered. Plant had fainted shortly after Verglas’... unexpected passing… Alirah nodded faintly in acknowledgment, encouraging the child to continue speaking if he wanted.
    "...Didn't know where I was, either.."

Guilt clawed at her chest from the inside out. She shouldn’t have just let them go. Plant was out there alone and unprotected, for heaven knows how long before he made it here. Thank goodness his sense of direction was on point or… yet another loss with no reason, no explanation, nothing. Just a memory without closure.
    Kaneki would never abandon Plant on his own out there unless something big is lurking. She felt an unease grow in her stomach, imagining the horrors fierce enough to lead Kaneki and Hide to leave Plant behind.

"Did he not come back?" Plant asked.
    She looked at the precious youth, sorrow swelling in her heart with the idea of Plant blaming himself for their friends’ disappearances.
    She cleared her throat and looked away. “No, not yet,” she said calmly. “I’m sure they’ll be along soon.”

She exhaled through her nose. If they didn’t come back… if they didn’t… come back…

“We will go look for them once the fog lifts if they aren’t back by then, okay, you two?” Looking at Conan too. Even if they could find even a scent or some blood, it would be key in knowing if they had any hope of reuniting with their friends.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:31 am