Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT- http://www.epidemicjohto.com/t7003-join-the-battle-for-net-neutrality

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Catalyst. The Banner was made by Lady Silverfishes. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team

Duma
Elite
Elite

Re: (ACE) The LAVERRE Team

Post by Duma on Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:26 am

||Laverre City | Morning||
||35 | 35||
Hide watched the outside warily, his chocolate gaze tired. His eyes were half closed and he lent against the windowsill, scanning the path around them. He wanted to go and look at what Conan had found, but he also wanted to wait for Kaneki. He'd been gone a while now, and the Riolu was starting to get worried, his tail twitching every so often.

“I bet they’re on their way back now, friend,” Alirah's mew of support made him smile a little, though it was soon followed by a heavy sigh. Hopefully they weren't far away now... he wanted to hug his beau and hold him close-- after scolding him for being away so long, of course.

"Come on Kaneki..."

Kaneki kept an eye on Plant as the Snivy cried over the Snover's grave, and he felt his own chest tighten with a sympathizing pain. This world was far too cruel for children, and it had taken so much from everyone who just wanted to live their life and be happy. It just went to show that with the world as it was right now... no one could ever truly be happy, not really.

"This world is cruel.." He glanced up as Plant mumbled softly, before the soft plop of the Snivy passing out caught his attention, and Kaneki sat upright, blinking at Plant. He held still for a few heartstopping moments, before letting out a relieved sigh as he noticed Plant's breathing. Okay... he'd just passed out, then...

Kaneki moved forwards to try nosing his way under Plant, trying to push the Snivy up onto his back. Once he was sure that Plant was secure, he started towards the cafe that Hide had last been at with the rest of the group. Time to return. "I know you can't hear me, Plant... but I promise... I promise I'll take care of you. I don't want to see anymore death... there's been far too much of that already..."
Dazey
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Dazey on Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:03 am

Laverre City l Morning l (46)

For just a moment, Ali was distracted from everything. Watching the leaves fall, one after another, after another, made even the state of the world and everything in it fade from thought. That was a sweet fortune she usually only got from the depths of a heavy sleep. Moments like this were far and few between but made it seem like all the pain and struggling was worth it.

The kit at her side nuzzled against her furry form lovingly. "I wonder if Kaneki and Plant are seeing the leaves dance as well."
“I hope,” she said, bringing a foreleg around Conan to pull him into a hug. “Maybe they’re watching them with us from where they are.”

"Alirah? Do you think Kaneki would be my pa if I needed one?" She blinked, hesitating only momentarily to ensure she’d phrase this correctly.
“I think Kaneki would do anything for you, Conan, as would I,” she purred. “So don't you worry about anything. We’re all gonna watch over each other and it’ll all be okay.” Somehow, there had to be a way to build a life for themselves. These kids deserved safety and happiness. They all did.
ShadowCharizard
Donator
Donator

Post by ShadowCharizard on Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:42 pm

OoC))Skip, Conan sits silently watching the leaves with Alirah
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Dandelion on Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:42 pm

((Skip. Plant is unconscious.))
Duma
Elite
Elite

Post by Duma on Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:49 am

||36 | 36||
Hide sighed, looking out the window. His gaze was tired, and he rest his head on one hand, looking out the window. I hope you're okay, 'Neki. Come back safely. He thought, his chocolate gaze looking over the path. He spotted a dark figure in the corner of his vision, and he looked over, ears perking up. He squinted a moment to try and see the figure better, leaning out of the window. His tail started to wag, and a grin finally overtook that frown that had been over his face throughout the time that the Spectreon had been gone.

"Kaneki!" He called, moving to the door and darting out, his legs carrying him as fast as he could go. The Riolu ran to the Spectreon's side, dropping down to give him a proper hug. "There you are, ya big oaf... I was worried about you." He said, pulling away from the hug and looking the Spectreon over, making a face at the mud on him, and then looking to the little Snivy on the ghost's back. He looked around, his ears suddenly drooping.

"What... where's Verglas?"

The Spectreon looked down, his gaze dull as he nudged Hide, silently motioning for him to walk with him as they made their way back to the cafe. "He... he's gone, Hide... I couldn't... I wasn't able to get there in time..." He said softly, looking back at the Snivy on his back. "Plant and I... we buried him, not even a few minutes ago..." He said, swallowing hard.

Hide looked down, sighing softly and resting his paw on Kaneki's back. "'Neki... what happened is not your fault. You can't... you can't control what happens. All we can do is... take steps to try and make sure it doesn't happen again." He said, walking alongside the Spectreon as they made their way back to the cafe.
Dazey
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Dazey on Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:04 am

Laverre City l Morning l (47)

Alirah’s ears had grown accustomed to the peaceful café; which was enjoyable until that worked against her and Hide’s own voice jumpscared her as he rushed out-- she’d missed the spoken word, but she could only assume by the tone Kaneki had finally returned. She rose up gently enough as to not knock Conan over and beamed at the kit, “Ready to go play?”

The pastel fox padded through the café and stood upright at the window Hide’d been occupying. “Kaneki!” Alirah’s muzzle spread into an overjoyed grin and she threw her paw up, waving the best she could and blissfully unaware of why both Hide and Kaneki both looked as though someone had…

Her paw slowly stopped moving as that realization hit her like a 2x4. Dropping back onto all-fours - and accidentally leaving claw marks on the sill in her haste - Alirah moved to greet them at the door with concern. “Plant!” She exclaimed at the tiny Grass-type lay limp on Kaneki’s back. “Is he alright? Did you find Verglas?”

She backed a few steps, glancing over her shoulder at Conan and back to the Snivy and the mud clinging to both of them. “Please don’t tell me he…”
ShadowCharizard
Donator
Donator

Post by ShadowCharizard on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:39 am

Laverre City|Morning

Conan watched each leaf excitedly as the wind carried one in particular in the air. It was a small leave that had three edges and with it pressing against the window it looked like it was something he'd like to give Plant when he can go and get it. What was it ma and pa called that leaf? Mayple? Maiple? I wanna get it for Plant if Alirah can help me. Of course that's if she's wanting to go outside with him. Just before the leaf blew away it left a mark on the window. Some of the dirt was taken off of the window as the leave blew away. It revealed the leaves all colored and they looked very colorful. Eventually Hide shouted out and the door swung open. “Ready to go play?” Conan got up and ran behind Alirah. The Eevee had a happy face for Kaneki's return and to play with Plant and Verglas. This would be the best play date ever, but it was soon not to be.

As they approached the doorway, Alirah was waving to both Hide and Kaneki as she expressed excitement. “Kaneki!” That waving and happy face soon turned to a frown and the look she had was something that Conan had remembered when he lost his parents. His mother had that same look when they got bit by the small undead. Tears started swelling up in Conan's eyes. “Plant!” Plant wasn't moving. Conan seen the tears on Plant's eyes and thankfully he wasn't hurt, but Verglas. Where was he? “Is he alright? Did you find Verglas?” Alirah's voice had then became exactly that of sorrow which his mother expressed the same thing. “Please don’t tell me he…” It all hit Conan like a ton of bricks. The other one that he was wanting to play with as well might have suffered the same fate as his parents did. His ears drooped to the point that it was another painful thing for him. "I...I" Seeing some of Verglas' blood on Plant's hoodie had told it all. Something had gotten to him and it had undone everything that could of been a play date.

The child had laid down covering his eyes with his paws as he started to cry. No matter where he goes the same thing happens over and over making Conan feel nothing but loneliness and pain. If only if his parents had been alive still. "A...Alirah, please I don't wanna lose you like I lost my ma and pa." All that pain from the past was still there. Conan got up and rushed to Kaneki and buried his head in his fur trying to show that he doesn't want to be with just Alirah, but with everyone. "Kaneki....I'm sad." His play date may never been the same again. Perhaps he may never play again if things continued to worsen. After that he went back and grabbed his treats only to give them to Plant in case he was hungry. He would never leave Alirah and Kaneki's side ever.
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Dandelion on Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:59 pm

((Skip. Plant is unconscious.))
Duma
Elite
Elite

Post by Duma on Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:01 pm

||37 | 37||
Kaneki's ears flicked slightly as he heard the pawsteps of someone else, and he swallowed hard, looking away. Fuck... he wished he could just hide in the ground like every other ghost type. That would be great right now. “Kaneki!” Oh no, please not Alirah. He wouldn't be able to bear the look on her face.

“Plant!” Kaneki's gaze dropped and he turned to hide his face in Hide's fur, getting a soft, sympathetic coo from the Riolu. “Is he alright? Did you find Verglas?” The Spectreon's ears flattened back with a flick of that white gas, and he swallowed hard, only managing a nod against Hide's fur. “Please don’t tell me he…”

Hide looked down at Kaneki, gently brushing through his fur with a soft coo, before looking back up at Alirah, a frown on his face. "I'm sorry, Ali... Kaneki... he wasn't able to... to get there in time to save Verglas." Hide said softly, hugging the Spectreon close to his chest, gently petting over that dark fur.

"Kaneki....I'm sad." Hide looked up at Conan, sighing quietly and giving the little eevee a half-smile. "I know buddy... we're all sad right now... but we need to... to push forwards, and to... to band closer together. It's just us against the world right?" Hide said, before giving Conan a small grin. "Cheer up, though. We'll get through this, together." He said, looking down at Kaneki, who looked up at him with a little smile.

"You're terrible at pep talks, Hide."
"And I love you too, 'Neki."
Dazey
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Dazey on Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:48 pm

Laverre City l Morning l (48)

"I'm sorry, Ali... Kaneki... he wasn't able to... to get there in time to save Verglas."

This town was once solace from a life filled with abuse, but now it brought nothing but misery to the pastel fox. Losing those around her hurt infinitely worse than being kicked, beaten and berated. Those wounds could heal.
“I’m sorry, Plant…” She wasn’t certain the Snivy heard her, but she hung her head and offered condolences all the same. “If you couldn’t save him, none of us could’ve, Kaneki…”

The shadow that cast over her paws dropped with a tiny thud. Quickly, her eyes darted from her feet to the small ball of fluff lay on the floor. “Conan!”
"A...Alirah, please I don't wanna lose you like I lost my ma and pa." He sniffled softly, his tiny paws hiding his tears. She saw so much of herself in that, it left a dull pain in her chest with every breath.
“Shhh,” she soothed, nuzzling the kit softly, “I’ll never leave you, okay?” Her sight of the child was getting blurry. She closed her eyes for a moment, taking in a heavy breath to try to find her disappearing composure. “I p-promise.”

She raised her head slowly, looking back to the child whose heart was most certainly just crushed, and the Spectreon who’d undoubtedly blame himself.  When do we get to stop suffering?

"Kaneki....I'm sad." The kit sobbed. The ghost remained silent as Hide comforted both him and Conan.
"I know buddy... we're all sad right now... but we need to... to push forwards, and to... to band closer together. It's just us against the world right?"

Yeah. But sadly, the world was heartless and felt no pain or remorse for the lives it took long before it was due.
ShadowCharizard
Donator
Donator

Post by ShadowCharizard on Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:36 am

Laverre City|Morning

Sadness swept over all of them like a flood. The eevee kept rubbing into Kaneki's fur trying to find comfort. Each of the feelings he had in his mind had continued to crash down on him. "I know buddy... we're all sad right now... but we need to... to push forwards, and to... to band closer together. It's just us against the world right?" Conan sniffles and his eyes full of sorrow stare at the riolu trying to smile back at him. "Cheer up, though. We'll get through this, together." Alirah then tried to comfort him. “Shhh,” The child felt Alirah nuzzling him softly. “I’ll never leave you, okay?” What came next made Conan feel at easy a bit. The feeling with it made him stop crying for a bit as he heard it. “I p-promise.”

With Hide and Alirah doing their best to calm him down, Kaneki said something to Hide. "You're terrible at pep talks, Hide." Hide responds back to Kaneki in return "And I love you too, 'Neki." With that said, they should get back to the Boutique to get the food supply put away. "K-kaneki? What are we gonna do now?" The Eevee asked the Spectreon. This world was unforgiving to even children. The least he can do is try to help Alirah and Kaneki if they had to fight against the undead. Conan wasn't much of a fighter due to being young, but at least his helping hand would work in some way. For now, it was time to finish getting the food and other things to bring back to the Boutique. Hopefully by then Plant wakes up to make some breakfast. "When will he wake up Alirah? He looks sad and alone." Conan asked. In all truth, they was all in pain and it was hard to tell when he'll wake back up from whatever it was. All he can tell is that the snivy shouldn't be alone, but could Conan even fill that void? The eevee wanted to try. The child didn't really know his brothers and sisters since they was all adopted except him. If Plant would accept Conan asking him to be his brother then perhaps he'll at least have some fun again.
Duma
Elite
Elite

Post by Duma on Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:32 am

((OOC: Skip me for now, will edit into a post when I'm not hacking up a lung))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:25 am