Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?


IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT- http://www.epidemicjohto.com/t7003-join-the-battle-for-net-neutrality

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Catalyst. The Banner was made by Lady Silverfishes. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.


Support our staff!



(ACE) The PALLET Team

Share
avatar
Starbits
Elite
Elite

Age : 24
Posts : 1045

Re: (ACE) The PALLET Team

Post by Starbits on Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:34 pm

Photobucket
Pallet Town | Late Morning | 104

"I meant that we need Kaleo's strength to move anything," Akamu explained. "Especially if we get that wagon. And he can't exactly do anything from out front. I was asking if there was a gate to the backyard we could all go through and then you and I can slip in through the back door while Isolde and Kaleo wait in the back where there aren't as many-"

He paused for a moment to do something Oliver had done many, many times: scent the air. Out of paranoia, Oliver did the same.

Nope, nothing but the smell of ashes. Unease made his gut twist. Even if nothing catostrophic happened, could he ever really feel at ease someplace where his most basic line of defense didn't work?

"-open spaces..." finished Akamu, trailing off.

Oliver winced. Oh boy, he sure could understand the anxiety around that.

Open spaces and an overpowering scent to mask every other scent around him. The worst combination.

Kaleo nudged his friend and leaned down to whisper into the puppy's ear, the other boy taking his words into consideration before adding, "Look...I'm not... We said we'd help, right? I'm not trying to move in on anyone's turf. I just want to find our trainer and go home. That's all."

What? But nobody thought they were...?

Isolde handled it with far more grace than he ever could have. "That's fine, Akamu. I wasn't thinking that at all. I just... wasn't sure what you meant. I'm sorry, I'm still learning."

Wow. She was so good at this. A knot or two in his chest loosened. She was a good leader. They'd be okay.

He almost didn't realize she was speaking to him and he jumped a bit as he did, hastily snapping his gaze over to look her in the eye. "-I was planning on staying outside. But Akamu has a good point. So let's see if we can find the 'gate' he was talking about."

She wasn't mad. Okay. Okay, good. He nodded and went around to the side of the house, sighing in relief. As he'd suspected, the gate wasn't hard at all to find. Or, well, what was left of it. The fire had evidently been stopped while in the process of eating the fencing, because it still stood but only partly. The part facing them was scorched, with parts gone all together. Unlatching the gate wasn't even neccessary; they could just slip through the holes, which he did when the others did.

His face brightened when he saw a shed in the backyard. It wasn't the garage he'd anticipated having to look for, but maybe the wagon was in there. He turned to Isolde and spoke, softly, pointing to the structure. "Th-the wagon I m-mentioned might be in there."


_________________


oh, ms. believer
my pretty sleeper
your twisted mind
is like snow on the road
your shaking shoulders
prove that it's colder
inside your head
than the winter of dead



desktop||starbits shop||trainersona
♋️19 Badges♋️
little fairy

avatar
Abysswalker
Elite
Elite

Age : 19
Posts : 1423

Re: (ACE) The PALLET Team

Post by Abysswalker on Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:45 pm

(Skip me this round-Phobos is just waiting until the others show up!)


_________________

I was the match and you were the rock
maybe we started this fire
avatar
Maximum
Elite
Elite

Age : 25
Posts : 475

Re: (ACE) The PALLET Team

Post by Maximum on Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:30 pm

Pallet Town | Late Morning [73]

Oliver nearly jumped when Isolde spoke to him, but he quickly nodded along and started looking for the elusive gate with her. His nervousness around her was strange, but she chalked it up to... everything that was going on. The world she found herself in after running wasn't a friendly place after all. It would be stranger if he wasn't at least somewhat nervous about people he barely knew.

It didn't take long before they found what they were looking for. The fire that had gone through the town hadn't entirely eaten the gate through, but there were big enough holes that even Kaleo could get through without needing to open the gate. Isolde still elected to just fly over instead of attempt to squeeze her broad wings through. Oliver's face brightened when he noticed a smaller building that Isolde originally had ignored in favor of finding food. He pointed towards it and quietly said, "Th-the wagon I m-mentioned might be in there."

"Is that a smaller house?" She asked as she flew towards it. It kind of looked like the standard human house, and there was even a door that she thought she could work open. Before she tried to deal with the door, she paused in front of the it and listened. She waited for the others with stronger senses of smell to indicate whether they smelt something wrong before she jiggled the handle as she fumbled trying to grab and turn it. There was a small amount of delight when the door opened with ease; She was learning how to use the strange human devices!

Deciding to go in first to make sure there wasn't something hiding, Isolde went in and she felt her wing catch something and knocked it over. It wasn't heavy, but it still made a noticeable  clang. The sound triggered a fight or flight response, and she immediately started looking around for what that was and if something would be attracted to the sound. The thing she knocked over was mostly wooden with what appeared to be a reddish metal sharp thing on the end. After a few seconds of waiting, she called to the boys, "I think it's safe, but let's find the wagon and leave."

((OOC: She knocked over a hoe))
avatar
Starbits
Elite
Elite

Age : 24
Posts : 1045

Re: (ACE) The PALLET Team

Post by Starbits on Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:53 pm

Photobucket
Pallet Town | Late Morning | 105

"Is that a smaller house?" Isolde asked as she flew over to investigate. Oliver followed, a little concerned about what she might find in there, then promptly kicked himself for such a stupid thought. Like Isolde would find anything dangerous in there that she couldn't handle but that he could!

Well... if nothing else, she might encounter stuff she'd have questions about.

Not wanting to get too close in case he bothered her, he hung back several feet away, watching as she stopped to listen at the door, then glanced back to gauge... probably Akamu's opinion, what with his useful nose and all. Not wanting to be dead weight, Oliver added a very soft "I don't smell anything bad either" after Akamu's opinion.

With the affirmation that they were probably safe, she began to fiddle with the door, and Oliver bit his lip. If she couldn't get it open she might be angry, and she might be angrier still when he succeeded at what she failed at. I hope not.

That wasn't what Anne acted like, or her late father, but... so far they were more of an exception than the rule...

But her efforts were a success and she smiled when the door clicked open. Oliver couldn't help but smile back.

She went into the shed to poke around, Oliver nearly jumping out of his fur when a clang echoed, but given that no cries of alarm followed, he assumed she was the one who'd knocked something over.

It didn't stop him from leaping to his feet, ready to bolt.

"I think it's safe," she called from the shed, "but let's find the wagon and leave."

Slowly, he crept over and stuck his head into the shed, glancing around before entering. She was right; nothing in here but old gardening tools and children's toys.

For a second the toys made him ache-- balls and summertime waterworks equipment and even a few pool noodles despite the absense of a pool in the backyard. Maybe one of their nearby friends had a pool.

Oh, that hurt worse.

But the pain was interuppted by a splash of bright red against the dusty white wall, and he beamed as he raced over to it, pushing a box over to climb on so he could look inside.

"Th-this is it! This is a wagon! And it looks like it's in good condition too!" No rust that he could see! Oh but-

His face dropped.

"We uh- we w-won't know it works until someone gives it a tug- make s-sure the wheels still work..." Oh he was an idiot, getting excited like that and saying stuff like 'it's in good condition.' If he was wrong...

(OOC: I didn't have Oliver tug on it because I figured Akamu or Kaleo would've been drawn over to the wagon when Oliver went running over and that at him mentioning they needed to test the wheels, one of them would automatically give it a pull.)


_________________


oh, ms. believer
my pretty sleeper
your twisted mind
is like snow on the road
your shaking shoulders
prove that it's colder
inside your head
than the winter of dead



desktop||starbits shop||trainersona
♋️19 Badges♋️
little fairy

avatar
Abysswalker
Elite
Elite

Age : 19
Posts : 1423

Re: (ACE) The PALLET Team

Post by Abysswalker on Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:44 pm

(Skip me this round too please!)


_________________

I was the match and you were the rock
maybe we started this fire
avatar
Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Age : 31
Posts : 673

Re: (ACE) The PALLET Team

Post by Phoenix on Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:12 pm


Pallet Town | Late Morning
(24 - both)



With everyone seeming in agreement the duo fell into step behind the butterfly and thankfully made their way as a group into the back garden. The fire had left a lot of the back untouched, luckily, so when a shed popped up in the back Akamu felt like their luck might actually be turning for the better.  "Is that a smaller house?" Isolde asked, perplexed at the shorter structure. Kaleo smiled at the wild pokemon's lack of human knowledge once again. He found it endearing to experience things for the first time like that, even given the circumstances.

Erring on the side of caution Isolde listened at the door and gave Akamu a brief look as she listened at the door. Sensing what she was trying to ask he sniffed the air a little and gave her a small shake of the head. He didn't smell anything. "I don't smell anything bad either," Oliver replied as well causing Akamu to chuckle. He didn't usually trust anyone else's nose but his own but the kid meant well.

Isolde managed to get the door open with some effort, Kaleo already stepping forward to help kick at it at the same time it finally gave. Giving them all another glance she went in alone and the group waited patiently until a loud clanging noise ripped through the air. Kaleo jumped and skittered back towards the fence as Akamu went on alert but it turned out Isolde had merely knocked over one of the garden tools. A rusty old hoe from the looks of it, but he was too far away to tell. "You okay in there?" he called out softly.

"I think it's safe," she called back from inside, "but let's find the wagon and leave." Giving Kaleo a low howl the Rockruff called to his brother to come back, the shivering donkey coming back on wobbling legs as he sought out the safety of his brother. Kaleo was still shaking when Akamu stepped inside the shed but they couldn't waste any more time, no matter how much it hurt to leave the other alone for even a moment while he was scared.

Oliver was the first to find success in the form a small wagon used for either the garden or a child, jumping onto it to inspect the worn contraption. "Th-this is it! This is a wagon! And it looks like it's in good condition too!" His excitement noticeably dimmed as he looked around and Akamu wasn't sure why until his nervous stammer came back. "We uh- we w-won't know it works until someone gives it a tug- make s-sure the wheels still work..."

"I'm sure it's fine," Akamu replied calmly, his brain immediately kicking over into the same mode he used to handle Kaleo when he was nervous. "There's been no rain in here that I can tell and I don't see any rust on it beyond the normal scratches and dings. It might be a little stiff at first from lack of use but it doesn't look bad. Good find."

Kaleo stuck his head into the shed as the others spoke, his body too large to get inside but unwilling to be totally alone in the backyard. "I can give it a pull, if...if you want," he all but whispered. "See if it moves." Akamu nodded. "Oliver can you tie that rope up there to the handle? Kaleo can pull better that way and he's the strongest out of all of us. But you're the only one with fingers I'm afraid."
avatar
Maximum
Elite
Elite

Age : 25
Posts : 475

Re: (ACE) The PALLET Team

Post by Maximum on Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:57 pm

Pallet Town | Late Morning [74]

Akamu and Oliver came in and looked around behind her while Kaleo stayed outside due to his size. Isolde would have tried to help the two younger Pokemon out, but they actually knew what they were looking for. The various items stored in the small building were unfamiliar to her at best, but she was still intrigued by the various items that the humans kept in there. After a few moments, Oliver called out in excitement, "Th-this is it! This is a wagon! And it looks like it's in good condition too!" She looked over in interest in time to see his face fall immediately. "We uh- we w-won't know it works until someone gives it a tug- make s-sure the wheels still work..." He stammered out nervously.

She was very confused at the sudden mood shift, but Akamu quickly tried to soothe him, "I'm sure it's fine. There's been no rain in here that I can tell and I don't see any rust on it beyond the normal scratches and dings. It might be a little stiff at first from lack of use but it doesn't look bad. Good find."

Kaleo stuck his head in to suggest, "I can give it a pull, if...if you want. See if it moves."

The small donkey couldn't fit in much further, so she wasn't sure how he was going to manage it. Akamu, thankfully, already had an idea. "Oliver can you tie that rope up there to the handle? Kaleo can pull better that way and he's the strongest out of all of us. But you're the only one with fingers I'm afraid." Isolde tried to see what he was talking about, and she noticed the long, thin fibers that were twisted together in order to make a much thicker fiber.

Oliver quickly followed the request and tied the rope to the wagon and brought the other end to Kaleo. The wagon resisted the tug for a few seconds, but after some squeaking, it rolled forward. "Oh, wonderful! It works like you thought," She said while giving Oliver a small smile. Kaleo pulled the wagon out of the smaller building, and once everyone followed, Isolde shut the door behind them. They might could look in there for other supplies later, and she didn't want to tempt something else to wander in.
avatar
Starbits
Elite
Elite

Age : 24
Posts : 1045

Re: (ACE) The PALLET Team

Post by Starbits Today at 1:49 pm

Photobucket
Pallet Town | Late Morning | 106

"I'm sure it's fine," Akamu said. "There's been no rain in here that I can tell and I don't see any rust on it beyond the normal scratches and dings. It might be a little stiff at first from lack of use but it doesn't look bad. Good find."

He blinked at the praise, eyes wide and face flushing. What?

Kaleo stuck his head into the shed, Oliver glancing from Akamu to pay attention to his brother. "I can give it a pull, if...if you want. See if it moves."

Oliver thought that'd be no trouble until he realized Kaleo was too big to fit into the shed properly with all the junk lying around.

Thank goodness for Akamu, though. "Oliver can you tie that rope up there to the handle? Kaleo can pull better that way and he's the strongest out of all of us. But you're the only one with fingers I'm afraid."

He nodded and tied the knot for them, grateful once again beyond words for his fingers. Things were so much easier with fingers. He had no idea how any other species survived without them.

Upon bringing it to Kaleo, the donkey tried to move it, Oliver biting his lip.

It resisted the attempt at being moved at first, but Kaleo was far stronger than a child's wagon and to Oliver's great relief, it did indeed work properly; with a hideous squeaking as the wheels gave way to use, it lurched forward.

"Oh, wonderful! It works like you thought." The smile she gave Oliver set his face burning hot again. Two compliments in one day...?

Dazed, he followed everyone out. Isolde shut the door behind them.

And so, they brought the wagon near the back of the house and awaited Phobos, Oliver's anxiety spiking a touch. He hoped the ghost was still okay.

Sounds like there was nothing in there, but... Oh shut up, brain...


_________________


oh, ms. believer
my pretty sleeper
your twisted mind
is like snow on the road
your shaking shoulders
prove that it's colder
inside your head
than the winter of dead



desktop||starbits shop||trainersona
♋️19 Badges♋️
little fairy


Sponsored content

Re: (ACE) The PALLET Team

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:50 pm