Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the outbreak.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT- http://www.epidemicjohto.com/t7003-join-the-battle-for-net-neutrality

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Catalyst. The Banner was made by Lady Silverfishes. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

The SILVER Team (PLOT)

Red
Resistance
Resistance

Re: The SILVER Team (PLOT)

Post by Red on Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:52 pm

Mount Silver [Base] | Morning (51)

Though there seemed to be a flash of fear on Blue's face as Red addressed Umbreon, it dissipated with the pokemon's calm and hushed reply. "Near nothing as far as we ran into," spoke in a soft tone that matched Red's earlier words. The soldier's face fell a fraction with concern as Umbreon continued. "A bug or two, but nothing in far too long. The quiet isn't right."

Red merely nodded in agreement, the feeling of unrest clawing further and further up his chest and into his throat. It seemed that this was news, however, to Blue -not that Red was at all shocked- and his rival looked around in a slight panic for a moment. "What could cause that?" he asked, to which Red turned back to Blue, watching the man carefully before replying.

"Something bigger and badder wiping them out, Blue-- what else would it be?" He looked back to the barren path in front of them as he thought before turning back and continuing. "You remember this place. It was almost a wildlife refuge. Hundreds of pokemon were here, mostly rock-types and Golbat swarms. But there's nothing here. Not even bones." He shouldered his rifle, his anxiety beginning to peak. "Just keep close by. It might be something like a Tyranitar or Aggron if it's eating corpses..." The thought wasn't pleasant, but... better safe than sorry. He made a final gesture with his head, telling them to follow as he set out once more on the path.

His feet were more hurried than normal, his entire body eager to get out of the open mountainside. Every tree was a potential ambush, every twist and turn a threat. His pace stopped dead, however, when he heard pebbles trickle from the slanted rock face to his left, where his rifle immediately went, eager to spy a target. Nothing was there, however; at least nothing that he could see. And that was entirely the problem.

For a moment, everything was still. Then slowly, cautiously, large purple ears and wide, terrified eyes peeked over the rock at them, blinking in the sunlight. Red's glare narrowed, the pokemon completely unfamiliar to him, at least from here. It didn't matter. It needed to die. "H... Hello-- AIIIEEEK!" It screeched as Red shot directly underneath it, destroying the rock and clay it was using to hold it aloft. The strange pokemon came tumbling down along with other rocks and debris to reveal itself as a... a noibat? Red's gun only came down a fraction; just what was a little noibat doing all the way out here, in Johto? "Aaah, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" it squeaked in alarm, flapping to right itself onto its feet before them. "I-I didn't-- I just thought that-- oh please don't shoot me!"

Red's gun remained trained on the tiny bat pokemon. "Just close your eyes and you won't feel a thing," Red growled as he took aim, completely forgetting for a moment who exactly was his traveling company.
Blue
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Blue on Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:30 pm

Mount Silver (Base)|| Morning
[30] [30]

"Something bigger and badder wiping them out, Blue-- what else would it be?" Red snapped, his eyes trained on the trail before them. Blue bristled slightly, his scowl deepening, but he remained silent for once. "You remember this place. It was almost a wildlife refuge. Hundreds of pokemon were here, mostly rock-types and Golbat swarms. But there's nothing here. Not even bones." That... was very true. Blue instinctively reached for Rhydon's Pokeball. Him and Exeggutor would be the best against the naturally wild Pokemon in the area, surely.

"Just keep close by. It might be something like a Tyranitar or Aggron if it's eating corpses..." That was less than comforting. Blue touched one of the extra balls on his belt and felt a familiar tug at his chest. Gyarados. She would have been perfect against those match-ups. Or Machamp. The trainer bitterly remembered losing those two members of his team, his grief reflected in his eyes as he glanced at Umbreon. The Vulpine could read him like no other, surely he knew exactly where Blue's thoughts had gone with the subtle movement of his hand to the two empty Ultra Balls.

"Be one hell of a fight with those options," he muttered under his breath as he caught Red's silent gesture to keep moving. All too aware of how much of a disadvantage he would be at, Blue was suddenly itching to get out of the area as soon as possible. Rhydon or Exeggutor would be the safest best against those two duel rock types, with them packing leaf storm and earthquake, but they would also be at horrible disadvantages themselves. Plus a leaf storm would do nothing to a normal Tyranitar in the sand they summon, let alone an undead. With only his mousegun and pistol, Blue would not be able to deal damage against those thick hided 'mons. Much as he hated to admit it, his eyes suddenly strayed to Red's rifle, knowing he would have nothing to do but depend on it if it came to that.

A sharp sound broke through his thoughts, both Blue and Umbreon freezing as Red snapped to attention, all three of them staring in the same direction. His heart beat pounded in his ears, watching with growing paranoia until a pair of large, round ears perked up. Blue blnked. What was that? A dark purple nose twitched and bright golden eyes studied them with clear caution. It started a greeting, coming in clear through Blue's communicator; "H... Hello-- AIIIEEEK!" The sudden break off in a cry of terror made the trainer flinch, both at the gunshot and the sharpness of the scream.

"Red, what the fuck?!" he snarled as the creature shot forward. Blue had stepped forward when he spoke but whipped around to watch the Pokemon reveal itself as a Noibat. Definitely different than the Golbat and Zubat hordes. But Red seemed not to care, his shot not wavering as the poor creature stammered for it's life.
"Aaah, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I-I didn't-- I just thought that-- oh please don't shoot me!"
"Just close your eyes and you won't feel a thing,"

"Red!!" Blue snapped, smacking the barrel of the gun so it was pointed away from the innocent bat. His eyes were bright with outrage, fearless as he saved the Noibat's life. "It's normally purple-- the eyes aren't red! If it's infected, it has not turned yet! It's not a damn threat!" He turned his eyes back to the scared bat, his own eyes worried. "Are you alright? You're not infected are you?" If it were, then there would be a hell of a harder time convincing Red to let it live. "Any wounds or marks?"
Red
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Red on Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:36 pm

Mount Silver [Base] | Morning (52)

"Red!!" Blue cried, livid as he slapped the barrel of Red's rifle away from its target. Though his rival stood defiant before him, towering over the soldier, Red's own eyes shone with their own rage, infuriated at Blue's interference.  "It's normally purple-- the eyes aren't red! If it's infected, it has not turned yet! It's not a damn threat!" Red bristled at Blue's moronic reasoning, pondering on whether he should act on the sudden urge to knock the bastard out with the butt of his gun. But a glance to the side revealed Umbreon, who seemed to already know where Red's mind was going, the damned fox. Red gave an angry huff as he turned back to Blue, who was almost breastfeeding the damned bat at this point, he was coddling so fucking much. "Are you alright? You're not infected are you? Any wounds or marks?"

"N-No, siree!" the bat chirped nervously, eager to be out of sight of the terrifying gun-man. "I'm real safe and sound, haven't fought anything in like, months or something! I-- ACK!"

Red cut the annoying gibbering off as he snatched the collar of Blue's jacket with his free hand, yanking his rival away and causing the small bat to tumble back to the ground, where it hid behind a larger rock. "Didn't you listen to anything I told you last night, Blue?" he snapped, his voice little more than a dangerous, low snarl. "It doesn't matter if they're infected or not. They'll turn no matter what. I wasn't just spouting nonsense. We may as well put this rat out of its misery and be done with it. I-- wait," Red turned back abruptly to where the bat hid, tromping over to him and picking the thing up by the scruff, grimacing lightly as he held the flailing pokemon aloft.

"You said you hadn't fought anything in months. When did you last see any other pokemon?"

The Noibat swallowed and tried to calm his racing heart, wide golden eyes staring into the dead, blood red pools that were on him. "I-I... Uh, a... a while? It's been at least since last winter since anything came by my spot... It's been nice, really!" he offered, his nervousness around the gunman causing his mouth to run, since he himself could not. "I've been able to go get berries again and little insects and no one bothers me! The scary ones haven't been around in so long, I-- ACK!" Red dropped the bat, taking a few hurried steps along the path to see ahead.

Months? Maybe even longer... What the fuck had come through here? Surely Lance hadn't wasted any resources cleaning the mountain himself-- they had been short on men and clean pokemon when he'd been shipped off to Seafoam, and Red doubted much had changed since then. But this had to have been an organized cleansing. Even Undead like those he'd mentioned would have left blood. Footprints. There had been nothing...

Red glanced back to the shivering bat, who had skittered behind Umbreon to stare up at him with those giant eyes. With one last look to Blue, he scoffed a little, then quietly dismissed, "Do whatever you want with it, Blue. Just keep it away from me." There were much larger concerns to deal with than some shrieking fruit bat. He turned and marched on, still eager to get back into a cave.
Blue
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Blue on Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:54 pm

[31] [31]

Umbreon's eyes snapped up, forgetting the moronic nature of his trainer for the moment as the well being of him came before his own possibly stupid actions. He watched Red with an intense, shining crimson gaze. Don't you do it. Umbreon liked the boy. He had earned his respect years ago the the concern from recent years were only riled up by the display the night prior. But if it came to, he would not be allowed to hesitate in order to protect his own boy. He would have to apologise later to Red if it came to that. Luckily, the other's dark eyes met his, a blaring defiance in them. There was a moment of tenseness, his pelt spiking up and his body prepared to intervene... but thankfully the moment passed, broken by Red's turning away and the Noibat replying to the other trainer.

"N-No, siree!" There. Exactly like he had thought. "I'm real safe and sound, haven't fought anything in like, months or something! I-- ACK!" Blue gave a grunt, completely unprepared for Red's tight, sudden grip on his own jacket. Umbreon remained by the Noibat, watching with alarmed eyes as Red pulled his rival in close.
"Didn't you listen to anything I told you last night, Blue?" He growled, but Blue's eyes showed defiance in the face of his somehow blind rival.
"Of course I did," Blue snapped, but was quickly cut off.
"It doesn't matter if they're infected or not. They'll turn no matter what. I wasn't just spouting nonsense. We may as well put this rat out of its misery and be done with it. I-- wait," Without any warning, suddenly Red turned away, discarding Blue as if he were a piece of trash.
"Hey-- the fuck?!" His pride was cut, again, as he was ignored effortlessly. Umbreon danced around his side, standing beside his leg while watching with narrowed eyes. I am just never worth a god damn second of your time soon as I lose usefulness. Blue's eyes were furious but the emotion was dulling to a smoldering anger. Even if this was a different Red, he sure as hell was still the same as ever.

"You said you hadn't fought anything in months. When did you last see any other pokemon?" He was only half listening, halfway between sulking and irritation as he merely listened.
"I-I... Uh, a... a while? It's been at least since last winter since anything came by my spot... It's been nice, really!" Umbreon's ears perked, catching on, even as his trainer quit caring. "I've been able to go get berries again and little insects and no one bothers me! The scary ones haven't been around in so long, I-- ACK!"
Blue glared daggers, again, as he watched the other abuse the Pokemon. "Way to be an asshole." If he heard, though, it did not seem to matter.

"Do whatever you want with it, Blue. Just keep it away from me."
"Fine." He looked down at the little dragon. "Wanna come along? We'll make sure he doesn't shoot you." The last few words were in the tone of almost a dare, an action that made Umbreon sigh out loud, again.
"I'll make sure nothing happens if you do," he interjected.
Red
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Red on Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:37 am

Mount Silver [Base] | Morning (53)

"Fine." Red heard Blue's petty reply, not stopping to see if he would follow. Because of course Blue was going to follow. What else was he going to do at this point? But the little Noibat looked up with anxious hope at the other trainer, golden eyes wide with awe. "Wanna come along? We'll make sure he doesn't shoot you." The small bat's face fell a little at the sharp, bitter tone of the boy's voice, but the nice Umbreon let out a exacerbated sigh and turned to address him personally.
"I'll make sure nothing happens if you do," he commented, and the small Noibat nodded excitedly.

"Thank you so much!" he chirped happily, hopping onto the Umbreon, since walking was almost impossible and flying was far too exhausting. His small frame surely wouldn't be a bother, would it? He bounced excitedly on his mount, head twitching attentively every which way. "It's been so long since I've seen other pokemon, much less hoomins! Mama always said they were rare, but they were also mean-- not that you're mean, but the gunman's mean-- but I wonder if the Meanies are as scary as she was thinking? I dunno! Ahahaha, it's great to have someone to talk at again! Oh, ohohohoh oh! So I'm Mikhail, yeah? What are your names?"

Though Red was ahead of them, he could hear the shrieking nonsense being spouted behind him, and he paused if only to glare at Blue. His stance and the slight jostle of his weapon said it all-- Shut the damned thing up. Or I'm fucking shooting it.
Blue
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Blue on Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:49 pm

[32] [32]

"Thank you so much!" Blue did not make any effort to hide the snicker that followed as the Noibat bounded onto his partner's back, much to the Umbreon's displeasure.
"Sure, little buddy," he half chuckled, unable to resist adding in, "Nice perch you got, too." The Vulpine shot his trainer a menacing glare but there was no deterring the boy. God dammit Blue.
However the trainer soon learned he had made a grave error in so willingly encouraging the little bat to join them; he would not stop talking. Umbreon flicked his ears at the endless stream of words, but after shedding his earlier pointed annoyance, was as unreadable as ever. Blue, however, was worried about something else entirely. If he were at all considering that maybe the bat was too loud, surely Red was about ready to shut it up for him--
A glance ahead proved his worry correct. The soldier's expression was nothing less than adamant, and Blue understood the message loud and clear. He quickly made a gesture with one hand before turning back to the bat. The kid was bouncing upon his partner's back, unable to keep still as his ears and eyes took everything in. "Oh, ohohohoh oh! So I'm Mikhail, yeah? What are your names?"
Mikhail? What kind of wild Pokemon was named that? Blue shook his head, there was no real time to focus on that. He cleared his throat, effectively interrupting Mikhail, much to his Umbreon's relief. "This is Umbreon, and I'm Blue. But you see the scary guy up there?" Blue pointed with one finger for emphasis, hoping to get through to the bat. "That's Red. And while he won't hurt you, he doesn't much like noise, so could you try to slow down with the chatter? Or at least keep your voice down?" His tone was far from unfriendly, but he hoped the words got through to Mikhail. Arceus knew only Blue would pick up a chatterbox with Red as his traveling companion.
Red
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Red on Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:39 am

Mount Silver [Base] | Morning (54)

"This is Umbreon, and I'm Blue. But you see the scary guy up there?" "Blue"? But he wasn't blue at all! What a funny name. I wonder if there's a Green or Yellow. Mikhail nodded enthusiastically, following the pointed finger excitedly only to shrink when his eyes met the fierce glare of the gunman ahead. "That's Red. And while he won't hurt you, he doesn't much like noise, so could you try to slow down with the chatter? Or at least keep your voice down?"

Mikhail looked to the Red-guy ahead, who simply rolled his eyes and continued walking as Blue-guy's warning rang in his perked, oversized ears. He still stuck his tongue out in silent defiance at the scary hoomin, confidence swelling as he remained perched on his very capable mount. "Yous says to be quiet, so I'll be quiet!" Mikhail chirped as he turned to Blue-guy, his volume not at all altered from before. But it seemed his volume surprised him, then added after a heartbeat in a loud whisper, "I'll be so quiet I won't even be able to hear MYSELF!" He giggled at the mere thought -such a ridiculous idea! He always heard himself, even when he didn't talk!- flailing lightly on the fox's back. But with his voice effectively silenced, he needed to find a new way of entertaining himself. Worried, he glanced around for something suitable until his eyes rested on Blue-guy's arm hanging down.

"Eheeheeheehee!" Mikhail's giggle fit continued as he climbed up the jacketed arm and up and up and up, over the shoulder and into the wild patch of head-grass on the very tippy top, despite any protestations from below. It smelled like face, but it was soft and had a great view of the ground below. Mikhail's eyes widened with glee as he peered down-- he had his own walking tree! He could help another bout of nearly crazed giggling, but stopped immediately when he caught Red-guy's glare again, ducking his head into the fluff to hide. Unfortunately, his ears were too big, as they poked out of the spiked head-grass conspicuously.

Red had tried heading forward, eager to get out of the open and to find some sort of evidence of what the hell was happening on his mountain. But when he took into account the stupid bat's testimony, whatever had occurred had... already happened. Maybe there was a cleansing, and no other Undead had wandered back? But every time his thoughts moved forward, the fucking bat's shrieking giggles cut into them, disabling them completely. Apparently glaring and quietly threatening was doing no good, much to his own chagrin, so he headed further ahead to turn into the next tunnel when something caught his eye-- a glint of white.

Pausing, taking no heed as to what was happening behind him or whether or not Blue was close, he squinted at the speck, carefully hoisting his gun. If it were Infected or Undead, it would have already heard the fucking bat by now-- the rocks weren't white. Too warm for snow, even if it was a drift from higher up. As he drew closer, his eyes widened in shock and almost horror, his gun even dropping to his side.

It was a graveyard.

Hundreds, thousands of bones littered what resembled a makeshift pit-- a feature he definitely didn't remember leaving four years ago. It looked to be the size of a small lake, yet it was almost completely full. Skeletons he recognized, some he didn't, haphazardly tossed in and left to rot in the sun. However, there wasn't a smell-- most of these were already fully decayed, and for that he was grateful. His eyes followed the slope of bones upward, more and more piled along the rocks leading down into the pit. So they were dumped from higher up? Red's mind burned with questions, his confusion clawing more and more at his rationale. Lance wouldn't have done this without good reason, and what good reason was there to clean Mount Silver? Any trainer capable of doing this on their own was already at HQ or missing, as far as Red knew, but then again, his information was literally years old.

No... Red reasoned to himself as his eyes followed the sparse trail of bones higher and higher into the upper mists of the mountain. This wasn't recent, so Lance would have been able to contact me. And even Lance would have sent me to do something like this... He'd be stupid not to. I know everything about this mountain-- my knowledge alone would have saved a lot of lives if there was to be any sort of infiltration of the area. So... renegade humans? Maybe they found my cavern and decided to take it for themselves? But then again, who was strong enough to do that? Kanto's and Johto's Elite were already nestled safe inside HQ, along with quite a few others, as far as Red knew.

There had to be another answer.
Blue
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Blue on Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:43 pm

[33] [33]

Getting the Noibat to behave proved a challenge, the action of sticking his tongue out at Red causing the trainer's heart to skip a beat. Surely Red had a sense of humour, he would not shoot the bat for being a child... right? Blue's temple throbbed without warning. He knew first hand how little humour the other had. Oh how he regretted his actions of picking up the little thing already. "Yous says to be quiet, so I'll be quiet!" A sigh of relief escaped the adult. Thank God. Now to actually have volume control. Least there was improvement as Mikhail stage whispered. "I'll be so quiet I won't even be able to hear MYSELF!"

Umbreon glanced back only a hair when the Noibat hopped off of his perch, only to make sure the kid was not hurt. To his credit, the little guy had heart. The vulpine smiled knowingly, remaining silent as those large gold eyes locked onto his master's arm like it were a steak dinner. "Eheeheeheehee!"
"What the-?"
Blue immediately snapped his head down, having been distracted watching Red vanish around the bend in the path. It was his own downfall, though, as Umbreon trotted forward, dancing clear out of reach of the mischievous Noibat once more as he took up residence in the boy's hair. "Nice perch he's found, wouldn't you say Blue?" the dark type smirked as the sharp look of shock on his trainer's face morphed to betrayal. Umbreon darted forward, leaving the pair alone as he scouted ahead.

He found Red without any trouble; unafraid of the human he had known for years, he slowed to a walk as the soldier went still for seemingly no reason. Crimson eyes narrowed in suspicion but Umbreon did not speed up his pace as he slowly came over the ridge. What greeted them was something straight out of a nightmare. "Mother of Mew," he whispered in horror. Bones, too many to even dream of counting, all piled up neatly within the dip in the earth as if it had always been there. He did not have to gauge Red's own face to understand this had most certainly not been there forever. The evidence of dumping fro much further up was clear, making the vulpine's fur stand up. In some attempt at figuring out what had happened -or still happening- Umbreon pulled his jaws back, allowing the stale breeze to coat the scent glands on the roof of his mouth.

Nothing.

He could smell Mikhail, a hand full of other Pokemon, his boys, and then... nothing. "What in Hell's name is going on," he spat angrily under his breath. Umbreon did not expect Red to have answers, he would have at least warned them if he did, or he would have straight up avoided it in case he anticipated his own reaction to be this stunting. Turning around, Umbreon caught the human's expression, only confirming his suspicions, but now worry for his trainer was becoming overwhelming. Skidding on his paws, the dark type shot back through the tunnel to reach Blue and Mikhail. Why did the stupid bat not warn us of this?! But unfortunately Blue was already walking through the exit, his grin still sour but good natured despite the bat in his hair.
"I might be getting used to this."
"Brace yourself, you won't like it," Umbreon growled, interrupting the human who blinked in surprise at his partner's rapid change of attitude.
"Why-- oh Christ," the curse came out as a strangled cry as Blue's eyes went round with horror. "Red, did you do this?!" Umbreon sighed at his own trainer's lack of tact but kept stubbornly by his side as Blue walked right up beside Red to take in the horrible view.
Red
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Red on Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:29 am

Mount Silver [Base] | Morning (55)

"Mother of Mew." Red hadn't even noticed the Umbreon's soft padfalls, but wasn't wholly surprised he'd managed to arrive before his trainer. Still, as Red continued to stare at the pit, his mind also continued to work past the initial shock and fury the sight brought toward a possible answer for who could have done such a horrendous thing. "What in Hell's name is going on," the fox spat angrily, mimicking Red's own anger. All the soldier could do in response, however, was shrug.

Red didn't look down as he heard Umbreon dart away, since it was likely to fetch Blue. Instead, his eyes roamed over the skeletons over and over again, hoping to garner some speck of information from the corpses. It wasn't long until heavier footsteps stirred the loose gravel from behind, and Blue made himself known by shrieking. "Why-- oh Christ," Red flinched at the sudden spike in volume, not expecting the cry. Not that he could really blame Blue, but was it so difficult to keep his trap shut? "Red, did you do this?!"

Red whirled around on Blue, the rage from the initial sight of the pit still very much within him and on instinct, his hand balled into a fist. Was he fucking serious?! He snorted in sheer disgust and began to carefully make his way down for a closer look; the closest of the skeletons weren't far. "I've been away for four years, Blue; I never came back after the attack on Pallet and Lance conscripted me. And last I remember, I wasn't a psychotic, wanton murderer before this fucking plague, so no, fuck you, you fucking asshole, to answer your ever-so-tactfully asked question, I didn't do this." Once a few feet down, he picked up one of the bones, searching for clues. After turning it over, he couldn't see much, and tossed it to look for another.

Mikhail shrunk away from the sight, unwilling to get a good look. "This is the Bad Place," he whimpered into the head grass. "Momma told me to not come here. It's where the Meanies got put." He kept his voice low and timid, nearly inaudible even to his mount.

Red in the meanwhile picked up another bone with something at least different and began to ascend to the others again, still staring at the bone. There was damage to it-- it was nearly melted. "Fire damage. These bodies were killed and not eaten, but burned." He glanced to the shivering bat in Blue's hair and nearly vomited from the sheer level of repulsion he felt, shaking his head. "Careful it doesn't piss itself in your hair." Mikhail huffed, insulted, but not so much as to overcome his fear. "I won't!"
Blue
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Blue on Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:11 pm

[34] [34]

Umbreon tensed from where he stood at his trainer's side as Red whipped around, his hand a tight fist. Blue stepped back without thinking, his own eyes widening before the soldier quickly deemed him not worth his time. Again. "I've been away for four years, Blue; I never came back after the attack on Pallet and Lance conscripted me. And last I remember, I wasn't a psychotic, wanton murderer before this fucking plague, so no, fuck you, you fucking asshole, to answer your ever-so-tactfully asked question, I didn't do this."
The dark type cringed only slightly, but he hoped that would not spur on another argument. Watching them both was giving him nothing more than grey fur and a migraine. To Blue's credit, though, he remained silent. The trainer turned away as Red climbed closer to inspect the bones. He didn't have to be such a dick about it. The silent grumble seeped into his expression, another deep set scowl plain on his face.

"This is the Bad Place," Mikhail murmured, catching Blue off guard. "Momma told me to not come here. It's where the Meanies got put."
"Mama?" "Meanies?"
Both pokemon and human spoke up at the same time, catching the two separate parts of the Noibat's statement. Blue ignored the comment Red made about his hair while Umbreon flicked one ear at the burned fact, storing it for later.
"Where is your mom, Mikhail?" Blue asked in a much gentler tone.
"Did you ever see who put the bodies here, or burned them?" Umbreon inquired in a softer tone, insistent but hoping to not overwhelm the kid.
Red
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Red on Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:42 am

Mount Silver [Base] | Morning (56)

"Mama?" "Meanies?" Mikhail shirked away from the sudden questions, unaware he'd even truly spoken his own words aloud. But hiding in the warm face grass wasn't going to do him any good since its owner was one of the voices. His big eyes darted around unsure, as flashes of long, lonely nights came running back to him. He didn't want those memories to come back. He didn't want to go through the loneliness again. But his eyes stopped when they met the cold, focused crimson gaze of the gunman; he swallowed hard, his fear spiking. Looks like he wanted an answer, too...?

"Where is your mom, Mikhail?" Blue-guy asked again, but the gunman's intense glare had the small bat nearly paralyzed. "I-I..." "Did you ever see who put the bodies here, or burned them?"

Mikhail found himself shivering underneath the steely glare of the gunman, who held the charred melted bone without much care. How could he touch those bones so easily, so fearlessly? Did nothing scare him? Did the others, including his mount, not fear anything too? He swallowed again, taking a peek to look down at the dark pokemon below. Maybe... maybe they could find that horrible creature...

Momma... Maybe they can...

"It... was a dragon,"
Mikhail said slowly, but deliberately, not wanting to stutter anymore. If these people were going to be his companions, he wanted to be as tough as them. And tough people didn't stutter. "I... I don't know what kind, but it was... bright, I think. It burned them. I saw it once-- it was really cold one night and Momma and I had gone out for food and we saw the fire." As he progressed in his story, he grew more confident, crawling out of the head grass onto Blue-guy's shoulder and pointing up at a far ridge. "It was throwing things -the Meanies- down the ridge and setting them on fire so it looked like a fire waterfall -a firefall?- and SMACK! hit the ground. Momma got mad -she always gets mad- and went to go fight the thing, but I didn't see much because it was so dark, but I think Momma got a really good hit in because its tail was always on fire!" He let out a victorious laugh, bouncing on his mount's shoulder.

Red hadn't liked the idea of cooing and coddling the little shit, but it seemed that it had been the best way to go-- finally, some real information. He listened without a word during the story, waiting patiently for tidbits. The bat made no mention of a human, but then again it was dark; any trainer could have easily hidden or could have been with another of his or her team, especially since this particular pokemon was disposing of the bodies. But he specifically said it was a dragon... Red frowned in thought; could it have been Lance after all? At the mention of the alight tail, however, Red's gaze went to Blue: Charizard. Lance absolutely had one, but then again, so did Blaine. And while Red had been around Blaine most of the past few years together, Blaine's Kadabra could have easily teleported him in and out of the mountain as necessary.

This... all of this could just be another of Blaine's puzzles or traps or whatever bullshit... It was his kadabra, after all. It was him. It's always been him. He could have even tampered with this little bat's life enough to make sure they met, made sure they heard this story... Red took in a deep breath as his paranoia flared and he felt his fears and thoughts begin to run away with the sudden conspiracy in his mind. His heart was hammering and his hands were beginning to shake with rage or fear, he couldn't tell. Turning away from the others, closing his eyes, he tried to recapture his mental stability. They only knew it was a Charizard. It could be anyone's pokemon; they were a strong species and many of them likely survived the illness so far. Literally any trainer from Kanto could have been its trainer.

But what if it was Blaine? Or Lance? What did that mean? Why were they trying to clear out his mountain? What significance was Mount Silver? For all its challenges and prestige, it was just a mountain. It held little in the means of strategical placing because its cliffs were too unstable, its weather too unpredictable and harsh. There were too many tunnels to defend across too large of an area. Really, it was kind of a giant hassle. So what was the point? Why?

But Mikhail continued, apparently glad to have Red's eyes off of him. "But Momma came back after the fight and said we had to run. She was hurt, but not bad-- nothing ever stopped Momma. We hid and waited again to make sure the dragon didn't chase us, and he didn't because Momma picked a good spot. But she told me never to go back because it was a Bad Place, and only Bad things went there." He peeked again at the bones and continued, his voice becoming disheartened and soft. "But later, Momma said she had to go somewhere, and said I couldn't go with her. She said the mountain would be safer now, and told me I needed to look after my own butt for a while. I was worried that the Meanies would come back, but like she said, it's been safe, and even you guys showed up!" He perked at the end, bouncing a little more before crawling back up to Blue-guy's head.

"But I still think we shouldn't be here, because this is the Bad Place." he ended, mostly muttering it into Blue's scalp.

[[crap post is crap, but you get the jist]]
Blue
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Blue on Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:28 pm

[35] [35]

The line of questioning may have not been as gentle as hoped, but it did the trick. Blue shared a glance with Umbreon when the Noibat finally spoke. "It... was a dragon." Blue was able to feel the tiny dragon trembling through his hair, but at that point he was growing used to the unexpected perch. It could always be worse. "I... I don't know what kind, but it was... bright, I think. It burned them. I saw it once-- it was really cold one night and Momma and I had gone out for food and we saw the fire." A... bright dragon? Does he mean light, as in fire? Or bright coloured like a green Salamence? But the youth remained silent, not daring to interrupt.

Mikhail seemed to be growing braver, even in the face of the so-called 'Bad Place' but neither trainer were complaining at that point. The flier dug claws into Blue's skin on accident, earning a twitch in expression from the unexpected pain, but it faded immediately and it also ended with Mikhail perching onto his shoulder. He pointed forward, both trainer and Pokemon following the direction he indicated. "It was throwing things -the Meanies- down the ridge and setting them on fire so it looked like a fire waterfall -a firefall?- and SMACK! hit the ground. Momma got mad -she always gets mad- and went to go fight the thing, but I didn't see much because it was so dark, but I think Momma got a really good hit in because its tail was always on fire!" Blue's head snapped up the same time as Red, their gazes meeting knowingly: Charizard.

So he had been right... The youth frowned, his eyebrows pulling down in thought while listening to the remainder of the tale. "But Momma came back after the fight and said we had to run. She was hurt, but not bad-- nothing ever stopped Momma. We hid and waited again to make sure the dragon didn't chase us, and he didn't because Momma picked a good spot. But she told me never to go back because it was a Bad Place, and only Bad things went there." Blue's mind was racing, as was the Umbreon's. So a Noivern battled against this Charizard, while it was setting the undead on fire, incinerating them.
Whose Charizard would even be here by then? Fire types turn easily, it would not have been any sane trainer's first choice to gather them. The burning, yes, but being attacked by a wild Noivern, too?
Where was it's back up? No trainer would have just a sole Charizard.
But why would this Pokemon, wild or not, cleanse the mountain?...

There were far too many questions, not enough leads. Blue tried to recall fire type trainers he knew, but the one who crossed his mind was Flannery- she was hot. But not from Kanto. Dammit. This was weird and he was growing frustrated. "But later, Momma said she had to go somewhere, and said I couldn't go with her. She said the mountain would be safer now, and told me I needed to look after my own butt for a while. I was worried that the Meanies would come back, but like she said, it's been safe, and even you guys showed up!" Mikhail took back to his perch by then, and Blue silently thanked Mew when another stray claw did not dig into his scalp.
He turned to Red, expression hard but not hostile. "Where do we go from here?" After all, better keep moving. It was obvious he knew about as little as Blue himself did. Umbreon did not remove his gaze from the bones, though, and his crimson eyes narrowed only a hair.
Red
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Red on Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:34 am

Mount Silver [Base] | Morning (57)

There was a moment of silence between all present as the stupid little bat's words sunk in further. Red met Blue's gaze once more as the latter turned to him, expression more determined than hostile. There was that, at least, then. They may not get in another fight for a while. "Where do we go from here?" Red cast a last glance to the horrifically large pile of bones and rotting meat before turning his feet back toward the tunnel ahead. Which other way was there to go? "Up."

Not giving Blue a chance to argue, Red marched his way into the tunnel, rifle back in hand and ready to fire. Though now he doubted that there would be any real resistance, he still felt naked without a gun at the ready. Mikhail, on the other hand, found the prospect of going up exciting. His eyes widening as he followed the mountain's form all the way to the tippy-top, giggling quietly to himself as he remembered his oath to be quiet. In his fervor, he rolled around and in general frolicked atop Blue's head, his energy just too much to bear.

[[Timeskip next round]]
Blue
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Blue on Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:16 pm

[36] [36]

The somber feel of the increasingly confusing situation at least made their goal more important, not that Blue himself really knew by that point. 'Follow Red's lead' was his game plan, and with the other knowing what he was doing, why the hell not?
"Up."
Remarkably detailed. Blue sighed silently, but he was not even bothered by it at that point. Of course Red would only say what was necessary. But could he at least use proper English and make an entire sentence?

The trainer half shrugged, placing one hand on the small gun half hidden at his side. The pistol was likely not needed, especially with the walkers all miraculously put down, but Blue himself felt on edge. Enough so that just holding his trusty crowbar did not soothe him. Mikhail was having a swell time atop his head, and Umbreon trotted ahead, vanishing into the shadows, leaving Blue on his own with what he could only assume was a child Noibat.
Approaching the tunnel to follow where Red's form had vanished, he was half tempted to ask Mikhail if he had any interesting stories to help pass the time. However int hat moment his train of thought was violently interrupted by the sound of movement behind him.

Whipping around without warning, the youth snapped the pistol forward, both hands on the hilt, in time to see a dark form shooting across the path. It seemed to not be completely solid, like a moving shadow, but his nerves got the best of him and Blue fired a single shot without thinking, the bullet slamming right into the shape. Panic shot through him like ice, but the shot seemed to do nothing, and the form vanished into the foliage on the other side of the path.
He could see the tiny hole in the ground where the bullet had embedded into the ground, but his nerves were not calmed at all. "Must have been a ghost," he muttered, shame burning his face. Turning back to retreat after Red with a brisk stride, Umbreon met him, looking up with alarmed eyes. "It was a damn shadow," he snapped, pushing past the Eeveelution. Apparently he was losing his mind, too, on top of it all.
Red
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Red on Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:56 am

Mount Silver [Base] | Morning/ Noon (58)

Though Red was already in the tunnel, the sound of a gunshot quickly brought him back out, his instincts flaring to shoot whatever had caused Blue to fire. But instead he nearly crashed into the man himself, his startled, wide-eyed umbreon between them. "It was a damn shadow," he snapped, pushing past them both and stomping on into the tunnel. Red looked down to Umbreon, confused, but then let it slide with a sigh and continued after Blue, easily regaining the lead.

------------------------

It was a few more hours of sweaty, awful hiking before they came to the next checkpoint. Another opening, but no trail beyond it that consisted of a single decent pond, made from the run-off of the snowy caps above. Though Red was panting heavily from the endless march and his canteen was already empty, he paused as the cold winds battered his soaked form. He placed his gun down and started undoing some of his armor, the heavy bulk causing his legs to shake. It fell to the ground with a hard clack as Red placed his empty canteen beneath the dripping icicles to refill it. "We're... stopping here... for today." He felt little rush to get to the top, now that most, if not all, of the Undead were already taken care of. While he was still concerned over what or who exactly did all of that slaughtering, this was the last defensible spot to rest for a long, long time up the mountain, and he wasn't exactly thrilled over the idea of getting ambushed while completely exhausted. He plopped down, most of his soldier wear off, still panting from the rigorous march.

Mikhail happily leaped from Blue-guy's head-grass onto the ceiling, then flew down into the pond. It smelled clean enough, after all, and he began bathing himself and splishing and splashing. Red wasn't fond of the noise, but he was too tired to do anything other than give an annoyed glance in the frolicking bat's direction. Mikhail, of course, didn't mind, as he didn't see the glance in the first place.

Red swallowed, still waiting for his canteen to fill before he drank as his eyes strayed to Blue's gun. The incident from only a few hours prior popped back into his mind as well as curiosity. He quickly calmed his breathing and asked, "What did you think you saw?" He nodded to the gun with a motion of his head. "What ghost, I mean? They could still be a problem. Ghosts."
Blue
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Blue on Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:51 pm

Mount Silver (Base)|| Noon
[37]
[37]

The only good thing that came from the long trek was the slowly fading echoes of shame disappearing as time passed. Blue kept up his pace behind Red like a faithful companion and not some dejected boy who had nothing else to do.

"We're... stopping here... for today." Blue was not arguing with that. His jaws pulled back, panting heavily as he followed Red's example and dropped his pack to the ground with a fitful clang. Mikhail dropped from his perch, an action that would have surprised the trainer had he not been so drained; Blue himself had admittedly forgotten the bat was even there.

Repeating the same actions from earlier, Blue pulled out the mesh bowl as Umbreon seemingly materialized from the shadows. The dark vulpine's eyes were hollow, exhausted but alive as they flickered around the boys. His trainer dumped the bowl into the nearby water, placing it down on the ground and earning a grateful nod from his partner.

As Blue plopped down onto the ground with a satisfying thump, Red broke the silence between them for once. "What did you think you saw?" The trainer's light eyes flicked up, a question on his face. Red gestured to his side, where his gun was, and only then did the trainer catch on. "What ghost, I mean? They could still be a problem. Ghosts."

Blue felt hot shame shooting through him, at his stupid mistake of taking a shot, wasting a bullet, and encouraging anything that was possibly nearby to show up on their doorstep. "I don't know. Have you ever heard of a Pokemon on all fours made of smoke?" He shook his head, turning his frown to the ceiling.
"I doubt you would just imagine something like that, Blue. You did take a shot-"
"It was probably just nothing," he interrupted, eyes hardening even though his gaze did not fall on anyone in particular.
Red
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Red on Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:31 am

Mount Silver [Base] | Morning/ Noon (59)

Red watched as Blue's face tensed and flushed with shame and embarrassment at his question, his own still blank with exhaustion. He was too tired to poke fun at Blue, though he saw it was a prime opportunity. "I don't know. Have you ever heard of a Pokemon on all fours made of smoke?" It took a moment for Red to mentally go through his inner Dex, but no-- anything like that would have had to be a ghost type, or maybe a fire or poison type, and he knew none of those were known around here.

Umbreon seemed to think that it was still pertinent, however, and tried to combat Blue's insecurity. "I doubt you would just imagine something like that, Blue. You did take a shot-"

"It was probably just nothing," the trainer interrupted, effectively cutting off his own pokemon midsentence. A small pause of silence followed as Red thought on the matter, his reverie ending with a shrug.

"I wouldn't write it off," Red muttered as he stared down at the little bat still bathing in the pond, who had become still and quiet in the face of the serious conversation. "There's new pokemon popping up all the time, even now. Maybe a new region we hadn't communicated with got the virus somehow, or some stupid bastard decided to go sight-seeing when everything over here went to shit." He reached over and grabbed his now filled canteen and slowly sipped on the blessedly cold, clean water. "I'd personally rather be safe than sorry. Trust your gut-- you did enough to shoot."
Blue
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Blue on Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:09 pm

[38]
[38]

Umbreon fell silent and remained so, his unreadable eyes burning into the back of his trainer's skull. Blue knew he would feel bad about it later, but apologising properly in front of Red would likely just get some smart ass comment. Something he was far from in the mood for.

"I wouldn't write it off," the other said with a shrug after several moments of silence. Blue's light eyes were sharp as he shot a look at the soldier, but, for once, there was nothing to suggest he was being mocking.

"There's new pokemon popping up all the time, even now. Maybe a new region we hadn't communicated with got the virus somehow, or some stupid bastard decided to go sight-seeing when everything over here went to shit."

Blue was, for once, unashamed that... Red was right. Kalos had only been discovered, what, several years ago? Seven? Three? How long had the apocalypse even been going on? Like hell if he knew. New Pokemon were far from a foreign concept, but the idea had been dismissed with his own raging embarrassment about his wasting a shot.

Red drank from his canteen before continuing, this time having the trainer's calm attention. "I'd personally rather be safe than sorry. Trust your gut-- you did enough to shoot."

"Good point." Blue sighed, slumping against the wall behind him for back support. He reached out one hand towards the Umbreon, his eyes worried as he left the gesture up to the dark type to refuse or accept. I'm sorry. The vulpine stepped forward, pressing his head into the human's hand, accepting the apology. Blue's chest loosened with another long breath and he turned his attention back to Red with a nod.

"It was a while back, I doubt it would have followed us all this way, but between four pairs of eyes, I doubt it could sneak up on us a second time when we're paying attention." His tan eyes flickered to Mikhail while he spoke.
Red
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Red on Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:36 pm

Mount Silver [Base] | Morning/ Noon (60)

"Good point." It seemed that it was enough logic for Blue to set aside his humiliation and relax a little. He slumped against the opposite wall, much as Red had when they'd first arrived. Blue reached out in apology toward Umbreon, but Red looked down to his canteen; he'd much rather stare at the thing than watch Blue and his Umbreon make up. He hadn't realized he'd been so adverse to watching affection between trainer and Pokemon-- he'd thought it exclusive to Blaine, since the man likely did it to rub Red's face in his own mistakes and sins. "Haha, I have my Pokemon still and you shot yours" sort of thing. Not that he was mentally accusing Blue of that, Red was far too tired to even think of conspiracies and Blue was likely too oblivious to even realize what he was doing, but it was still a twist of the four-year-old dagger in his heart.

"It was a while back, I doubt it would have followed us all this way, but between four pairs of eyes, I doubt it could sneak up on us a second time when we're paying attention." Blue's voice caught Red somewhat off guard, however, as Red's canteen had become so interesting. Getting his head back into the conversation at hand, the soldier took in Blue's words and mulled them over a moment before shaking his head.

"Ghosts don't have to deal with physical exhaustion, remember," Red quietly cautioned. "That's why they're so dangerous." His eyes went to Umbreon, their token line of defense against any ghost type, then to the sky above them. The clouds were gathering still, it looked like. Yeah. Rain. Probably tomorrow. He let out a long, tired sigh as he realized that they likely wouldn't be able to move from this spot for a few days if it did end up raining. "Dig in and get comfortable. We're staying a while." He took another swig of his canteen before eyeing the small bat in the puddle, who was staring back at him with wide, alert eyes.

Mikhail, far too curious for his own good, peaked out of the puddle to look at the sky as well, unsure as to why Red-guy had. "Why are we staying?" he asked, tilting his head slightly up at the scary soldier man. Said man glowered down at him a moment, then said simply, "Because it's going to rain."

Mikhail couldn't help a small giggle. "Are you scared of the rain?"

"I'm scared of landslides," he replied with a low snarl.

Well, that wasn't nearly as funny. "Oh."

"Yeah. 'Oh'," Red repeated as he rolled his eyes and took another swig of water, clearly done with the conversation. Mikhail puffed up a little, but said nothing-- he didn't have anything else in his small reservoir of insults.
Blue
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Blue on Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:10 pm

[38]
[38]

"Ghosts don't have to deal with physical exhaustion, remember," Red pointed out, earning a nod from the other. "That's why they're so dangerous." Umbreon did not miss the glance towards him and the vulpine flexed his muscles. "Too crowded in here," he murmured before trotting forward, his form melting into the outside. Blue shrugged but otherwise made no move. "Stay near."

"Dig in and get comfortable. We're staying a while." Red's heads up only then registered to the other trainer, his light eyes blinking before he glanced outside. 'Why?' was on his tongue until he saw the clouds. Oh. Rain. Blue grunted,, reminded of his old friend, Blastoise. Careful not to think on the present, instead he studied a particularly interesting chunk of rock while Mikhail proved more entertaining then anticipated.

"Are you scared of the rain?" Blue made no attempt to hide the ssnicker but Red was as much a kill joy as always.
"I'm scared of landslides,"
"Oh."
"Yeah. 'Oh',"

Blue cleared his throat instead, lifting his chin in a gesture towards the Noibat. "What about you, little guy? How have you managed to survive on your own so long? You strong?" His lips twitched, almost mischievously. "Like to battle?"
Red
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Red on Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:22 pm

Mount Silver [Base] | Morning/ Noon (61)

Red noticed too later that Umbreon was already gone, likely not wanting to listen to the tiny bat's jabbering. Red frowned- lucky bastard. "What about you, little guy? How have you managed to survive on your own so long? You strong?" Blue's face twitched to a smirk, reminiscent of the "good ol' days" when they were still bitter rivals. Well... younger bitter rivals. "Like to battle?"

"Don't encourage it," Red grumbled beneath his breath, but the little bat took no heed to the angry soldier. At the mention of battle, Mikhail leaped into the air dramatically, striking a pose as he landed.

"'Like'? Good Blue-guy, little do you know that I was trained by one of the most fearful- no- fear, fearing? Uh, fear... uh..."

Red's face scrunched as he pinched the bridge of his nose, hoping to relieve the sudden pressure that had accumulated. "...Fearsome?" he offered, though his voice was strained, likely from repressing the urge to punch the small bat in the face.

"--YES! FEARSOME Noivern clans this side of the mountain? AhahHAHAHAhahahaHA!" He clambered -with some issue- up to a small formation of rocks, looking down at the two humans. "Though Momma was very protective of me, I didn't come this far in life learning nothing! Not one victim has escaped my deadly sight! I see prey... and I hunt it! I am the night!"

"Don't remember the night being small, loud and annoying," Red commented, his voice a low growl as he glared at the Noibat past the hand that was still pinching his nose.
Blue
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Blue on Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:23 pm

Mount Silver (Base)|| Morning/Noon
[40] [40]

"Don't encourage it," Red snapped, but the deed was already done and it was too late. Besides, Blue was smirking as Mikhail reacted immediately.
"'Like'? Good Blue-guy, little do you know that I was trained by one of the most fearful- no- fear, fearing? Uh, fear... uh..."

Watching the Noibat struggle for the word was both sad and kind of amusing, the entire situation bringing a genuine grin to the trainer's face, but to his surprise, it was Red who helped the little dragon's stammering.
"...Fearsome?"

"--YES!" Mikhail crowed, climbing to a perch on a tall tower of rocks. "FEARSOME Noivern clans this side of the mountain? AhahHAHAHAhahahaHA! Though Momma was very protective of me, I didn't come this far in life learning nothing! Not one victim has escaped my deadly sight! I see prey... and I hunt it! I am the night!" Blue could not hold in the loud, obnoxious snickering he let escape him even as Red interjected again.

"Don't remember the night being small, loud and annoying,"
"Don't mock the night, Red. Clearly he is to be feared," he chuckled, raising one eyebrow.
Red
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Red on Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:37 am

Mount Silver [Base] | Noon (62)

Of course Blue would find this whole thing absolutely hilarious. Red's glare turned to Blue as he spoke, his headache growing by the second. "Don't mock the night, Red. Clearly he is to be feared," he retorted, unable to stifle the snicker in the back of his throat. Red remained unamused, however. Mikhail, on the other hand, thought Blue's laughing sarcasm as a genuine compliment.

"Blue-guy gets it! I could murder any ol' bugs I find, even the scary ones with horns!" The small annoying bat let out another "wicked" laugh and he leaped off his small tower of rocks to haphazardly flutter to another small perch just above the threshold to the alcove, overlooking them by an even taller height. Red's unyielding glare followed the spunky rodent as he pondered on whether or not it would be worth the argument with Blue if he just shot the damn thing here and now. "But lucky you-- I've chosen you as allies," he squeaked, hunkering down on his perch to make only his giant yellow eyes and large ears visible. "Sleep well, little humans-- your dark angel watches over you!"

"It's noon," was Red's deadpan reply.

"Well-- I mean when you do go to sleep."

Red remained unamused. "Umbreon takes night watch. Not you."

"I could help!" was Mikhail's indignant reply, causing Red to snort, disapproving.

"Help what, us get found by Undead? Shut your giant trap already, you're giving me tinnitus."

"You're dumb! They're already gone, so stop being so paranoid!" Mikhail snapped back, peering over the ledge. "And I don't know what that is, so there!"
Blue
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Blue on Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:23 pm

[41]
[41]

Blue only half listened to the conversation as it went on, pleased to have most of the attention off of him. Umbreon was off doing his own thing so the trainer reached for his other five remaining pokeballs; Arcanine was too large and neither he nor Rhydon could go out in the rain, and while Pidgeot could go out there, any chance of lightning made the trainer uncomfortable.

"Umbreon takes night watch. Not you."
"I could help!"
"Help what, us get found by Undead?"
Apparently the two were still at it.
"You're dumb! They're already gone, so stop being so paranoid!"

The undead are gone... Blue stands, gripping a ball in one hand. "Just in case," he muttered, a flash reaching across their small shelter to the opening of the cavern. An Exeggutor emerged, the sentient palm tree regarding Red with a curious eye before looking to their trainer. "Go scout around, send Umbreon back if you find him, too."

The duel type rumbled in agreement before turning and walking away from the group. Blue sat back down, the back of his shoulder facing Rad and Mikhail as he reached for the newest ball at his side. "Dais," he whispered gently as the crippled Zubat also emerged into his lap, happily lifting her head up and flicking her ears up at the boy. Remembering the warning to be silent, Daisy made no sound, but instead pressed herself against Blue's poofy jacket covered arm as he scooped her up.
Red
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Red on Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:00 am

Mount Silver [Base] | Noon (63)

Thankfully, Blue stood and distracted thee dumb bat, ending their conversation early. "Just in case," the other trainer muttered under his breath as both Red and Mikhail watched him, both apparently completely captivated. An Exeggutor soon appeared, filling the leftover space with long-reaching needle leaves and the plant's bulk. Red's frown deepened slightly as he leaned away from the creature; why was Blue bothering to bring out another pokemon? "Just is case". Right. "Just in case" my ass. "Go scout around, send Umbreon back if you find him, too."

Red stared as Blue sat, turning his back and shoulder to them as he did... something... using said back as a shield. Red was never much for secrecy, and in such closed space it was going to get much privacy during their trek up the mountain. But the fact that Blue just so wordlessly did that... was weird. Mikhail seemed to be of the same mind but was far more curious than Red, skittering over to Blue and peering over the man's knee to spot the Zubat cradled in Blue's arms. His eyes widened in awe and excitement, a sharp, happy gasp of air escaping him.

"Hi there, friend!" he whispered excitedly, his little feet dancing in anticipation. "Bat friend!"

Red's frown turned into a deep scowl at Mikhail's words, the dull glare returning full force. "Really, Blue?" he snapped quietly, shifting his weight a little as he judged his companion. "The stupid Zubat again? You can't just leave it in its pokeball-- it'll be fine. You don't need to fucking check on it."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:14 am