Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the outbreak.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Catalyst. The Banner was made by Lady Silverfishes. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

Penumbrarts

Penumbra
Elite
Elite

Penumbrarts

Post by Penumbra on Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:38 pm

In which I attempt to art. Sometimes. Maybe. Probably.

I'm super unfamiliar with digital art, so the majority of the things I post here will probably be traditional. That being said, I was doodling out some potential ideas for a character I came up with last night when I couldn't sleep, so I guess it's something kind of worth posting. ;w;

His name is Ragnvald.:

He acts like a human, talks like a human which is to say he uses a lot of ridiculous human slang in his speech and thinks like a human. He was a battle-bred Pokemon that a rich, successful businessman bought as a gift for his daughter, an aspiring contest star. While he has good IVs for fighting, he subconsciously holds himself back because he tries to make his moves as flashy as possible. He's very much a narcissist and a diva and that beauty mark probably isn't even natural.

He spent a lot of time hanging around his trainer as she was growing up, so he eventually ended up picking up a lot of her human habits and speaking patterns- even wearing clothes is a practice he takes part in often, and he's gained a taste for alcohol though he also enjoys certain berry juices as a substitute. He acts more human than he does Pokemon. His psychic abilities are completely underused, and he hasn't the slightest idea how to utilize them correctly. He doesn't really care.

His moveset is completely geared towards Beauty contests, as well, though that isn't to say it's completely useless in battle. Also, despite spending so much time around his trainer, they aren't exactly close. He does what she says because he likes the wealth and luxury, and she keeps him around because, despite being a handful to work with, he's good at what he does and probably has a small fan following.

I can't draw digitally. ;w;
Penumbra
Elite
Elite

Re: Penumbrarts

Post by Penumbra on Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:56 pm

I'm procrastinating:
Penumbra
Elite
Elite

Post by Penumbra on Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:27 pm

Honestly I just wanted to have Oracle make that one face from Panty and Stocking:
Penumbra
Elite
Elite

Post by Penumbra on Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:33 pm

I can't draw quadrupeds but...:

"It's okay; you don't have to suffer anymore. You don't have to feel like you're alone anymore. Even if the entire world turns against you, I'll still be there, because I care about each and every one of you and I want you to live."

I've been kind of split on which road Oracle's character development is going to take him down, but I really like the idea of him losing some of his innocence, but still retaining his kindness and optimism and pretty much becoming an all loving hero who genuinely wants the best for everyone and apparently has really cool eyelashes.
Penumbra
Elite
Elite

Post by Penumbra on Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:42 pm

I had to make a human!Peridot design because reasons:

Everyone else has these awesome designs and I just draw her as an angry child who hasn't seen the light of day in fifteen years and owns like twelve iphones.

Don't touch her stuff, man. :c
Zapdos
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Zapdos on Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:10 pm

This pleases me on a spiritual level
Penumbra
Elite
Elite

Post by Penumbra on Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:32 pm