Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the outbreak.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT- http://www.epidemicjohto.com/t7003-join-the-battle-for-net-neutrality

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Catalyst. The Banner was made by Lady Silverfishes. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

(ELITE) The SINJOH Team

Cynthia
Resistance
Resistance

Re: (ELITE) The SINJOH Team

Post by Cynthia on Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:13 pm

Sinjoh Ruins || Morning
(43)

"... No," Azelf eventually answered. Cynthia saw that had been looking at Prince, and her own eyes went to the small fairy. "I would not mind. Lead the way, ma'am." She nodded to acknowledge his statement, but her eyes lingered on Prince in concern. Unfortunately, Guinevere had already started, and they had to get ready to move.

She heard Gold murmur, "Hey, you ok, buddy? Don't worry, I'll keep you safe and warm." She had to trust that Gold would take care of Prince until they reached the top of the stairway. Afterwards, she would stop and check on the fairy herself.

The climb to the top of the staircase was not as treacherous as she feared thanks to the combined efforts of Guinevere and the fire types. The worn down stone and uneven steps made her nearly lose traction once or twice, but she managed to catch herself before something happened. Guinevere reached the top before the rest, and the large dragon kept an eye on the stone building they were going to be entering. Flanking the entrance were two sets of dilapidated stone pillars similar to the one near the bottom of the stairs. The building was made of a similar matieral that distinguished it from the stone of the moutain. Once they had reached the top. Cynthia paused and ensured the rest of the group was there. She pointedly looked over at Gold and Prince, and asked, "Prince, are you okay?"

Last edited by Cynthia on Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Starbits
Elite
Elite

Post by Starbits on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:47 pm

Alph Ruins - Cabin | Morning | 49

"Hey, you ok, buddy?"

The slowly growing tempus of fear that fuzzed and softened the edges of reality suddenly... well... it doesn't quite calm, but the world suddenly comes into much sharper focus as the words and the cheerful voice draw him back in, the little fairy looking up at the young man with wide, dazed eyes.  "Don't worry, I'll keep you safe and warm."

He will.  Somehow there's not even a question in his mind about that.  Something about this human leaks indomitable strength even in his strange silliness, and the lighthearted soul he has starts to push back against the storm in his chest.

But then suddenly there's more than just the energetic cheer that spouts from Gold in endless waves.  Something... softer?

He sits up as if that will help the emotions of whoever else flow into him better.

Peace.  Calmness.  Something warm and happy.  Nostalgic, that's the word!  Soothing.  Like a blanket and soup.  Doesn't seem to b coming from Lexa, definitely not Gold.  Not Silver either...

Anubis?

Close your eyes.  Focus on it.  It's almost certainly Anubis but he doesn't have time to contemplate that now.  Time to wrap himself up in that blanket and savor it.  The fairy leans back into Gold and soaks in the feeling, doing his best to block out Gold's emotions-- they clash.  Gold is bright and sunny.  Like... Summertime beaches and volleyball and the games of tag they used to play as children.  This is happy as well, but... different.

It's safe, and honestly, he can kind of believe he's going to stay safe, forever, feeling this.  It feels like home and family and fireflies on a peaceful summer night.  Everything is fine.  Everything is going to be oka-

"Prince, are you okay?"  

His eyes open.

Oh they're- at the top?  Already?  

Prince's mouth opens, closes, and then opens again.

"Ye-yeah I'm... I'm fine, ma'am."

i'll take you back where you belong
and this'll be our favorite song

❤️

||profile||desktop||Admin Azelf||starbits shop||trainersona||
♋️14 Badges♋️
little fairy

Azelf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Azelf on Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:52 pm

((I think I'm going to skip.  I've been staring for about three hours now and come up with nothing.  >< ))

Ψ Warnings Manager Ψ

Es gibt nichts schlimmeres als die unwissenheit in aktion.
Silverishness
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Silverishness on Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:26 pm

((rip, same. My boys simply follow and Silver's bitching about the cold in his head XD.))

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Phoenix on Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:35 am

Sinjoh Ruins | Morning
L-44 / A-67

The walk to the top was long but thankfully less eventful than anything else the small group had endured in the last 24 hours since their first meeting. The group was quiet, almost solemn, as the journey towards the possibility of proving a higher power grew ever closer, a feat the fighter herself would have questioned not a few weeks prior. Was it really possible to summon God? They would see once they reached the temple Cynthia spoke, assuming they knew how to use the flute she showed them correctly.

Lexa had used enough energy for four Blaze Kicks to keep her legs lit and was exhausted so the moment they reached the top she found herself leaning against one of the stone pillars despite its chill. She just needed a moment to catch her breath. Her eyes kept a careful watch on the rest of the group as they made it to the level surface of the stairway to ensure they had all made it and no one fell. They all seemed no worse for wear though poor Silver looked ready to crawl into an open flame he was so cold.

"Prince, are you okay?"

Lexa's gaze pulled away from the group to focus solely on the fairy and found him in a similar state of concentration to Anubis until his eyes opened to address Cynthia. Anubis's eyes opened as well as the smaller being spoke and he moved closer to Lexa with a soft smile. Had...had they been sharing? She was going to question it but Anubis simply cuddled against her rather than open up under her inquiring gaze. It was nice to see him so affectionate again.

"So Miss Cynthia, where to from here?"
Cynthia
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Cynthia on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:35 pm

Sinjoh Ruins || Morning
(44)

Prince suddenly glanced up at her voice before answering somewhat shakily,"Ye-yeah I'm... I'm fine, ma'am." The small fairy didn't appear any worse for the wear, and it seemed like he was simply startled. She wasn't sure what might have been bothering him, but whatever it was seemed to have been resolved. She sent him a reassuring smile before turning to face the entrance of the strange stone building. It had a lot more snow on it this time, but thankfully the entrance was still unblocked. Her excitement was building at the sight. Everything she had studied up to this point could be put to use!

Lexa asked, "So Miss Cynthia, where to from here?"

"This way," she called out, and she all but ran to where she knew the worn down building's entrance to be. Guinevere shared her trainer's excitement, and handily beat Cynthia to the small entrance. The overhang was completely covered in snow and ice, but the opening was otherwise safe. Both trainer and Pokemon were almost bouncing on their heels as they waited for the rest of the party to catch up, and before the first one made it to them, she had pulled out her flashlight. By the time the rest of the party made it, she was already shining the light into the ruins. Guinevere was close to her trainer and prepared for anything to jump out at them. Sudden lights often scared living Pokemon into attacking, and there was always the chance for undead. Anubis nor Prince gave any indication of sensing living or undead, so Cynthia then entered the strange building. She warned, "If you have a flashlight or anything to help with lighting, please feel free to use them. Just.. don't attack the walls or anything... Even though they've stood up this long, I wouldn't want to risk them coming down on us."

"Strange that it's so dark in here," Guinevere commented. Even though she could see fairly well, she had recalled the presence of much more light.

"It's probably all the snow packed on the top. Not nearly as much natural lighting can seep in. They used to try keeping that clean... Or we're still getting over being out in the snow. " Cynthia mused.

As everyone's eyes adjusted to the drop in light brightness the could see a massive room that belied the stone building's size. There were six massive statues lining the path that they were on, and if one stopped to analyze them, they would notice that they were very similar to the statues in the caves they had been in yesterday. However, the statues were minuscule in comparison to the large... thing that covered the far end of the room. It was too finely cut to be natural, and in the middle of stone object, one could see built in stairs that would allow one to stand on it. There was some ice and rubble strewn about the floor, but time had been kinder than Cynthia had expected. Her excitement was tempered with reverence, and though she still walked quickly down the path, it wasn't with the near giddiness that had taken a hold of her earlier. Once she was standing at the foot of the stairs that towered over her and Guinevere, she turned to the others and said, "This is the Mistri Stage."

Last edited by Cynthia on Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Starbits
Elite
Elite

Post by Starbits on Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:14 pm

Sinjoh Ruins | Morning | 50

"So Miss Cynthia, where to from here?"

"This way," came the call, and she ran on ahead, her dragon right behind her. Prince closed his eyes, taking in deep breaths and exhaling them slowly as the others moved to catch up with the enthusiastic lady and Guinevere. "If you have a flashlight or anything to help with lighting, please feel free to use them. Just.. don't attack the walls or anything... Even though they've stood up this long, I wouldn't want to risk them coming down on us."

"Strange that it's so dark in here."

"It's probably all the snow packed on the top. Not nearly as much natural lighting can seep in. They used to try keeping that clean... Or we're still getting over being out in the snow. "

Oh, so the snow is making it dark. He's not very surprised. Snow sucks.

It took a few minutes to adjust to the poor lighting, the tiny fairy's mouth opening slightly in awe at what the darkness was hiding. Massive statues and stone architecture from ages past, like an cient temple from a fairytale. Is this real life? Had they walked straight into a legend of old? A storybook, a video game, a movie? This can't be real.

"This is the Mistri Stage."

"Th-the what?"

❤️

♋️14 Badges♋️
little fairy

Azelf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Azelf on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:28 pm

Sinjoh Ruins || Morning || 51

"So Miss Cynthia, where to from here?" Lexa asked as Azelf glances around, feeling familiarity tickling at his mind. Oh yes, this place feels very much like Father, somehow...

"This way." Cynthai says, darting ahead with her dragon. Azelf speeds up his flight to follow, stopping shortly after they do and waiting for the others to catch up, squinting in the darkness. His eyes are rubbish; a shiver runs up his spine as the realization bubbles up-- should he ever lose his sense of hearing, his survival efforts will be much impaired...

"If you have a flashlight or anything to help with lighting, please feel free to use them. Just.. don't attack the walls or anything... Even though they've stood up this long, I wouldn't want to risk them coming down on us."

"Strange that it's so dark in here."

Is it? It's been abandoned for a long while now...

"It's probably all the snow packed on the top. Not nearly as much natural lighting can seep in. They used to try keeping that clean... Or we're still getting over being out in the snow. "

His forehead jewel lights up, illuminating the area and making his lips part slightly in surprise. That stage...

"Th-the what?"

"I recognize that- the crests of Father and three of my siblings." He bobbed up higher and pointed to each one. "Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. This is it; this must be the place!"

Ψ Warnings Manager Ψ

Silverishness
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Silverishness on Mon May 01, 2017 6:47 pm

Post 30||Post 21

Sinjoh Ruins||Morning

The climb up was harsh for Silver, but Gold seemed to just be beside himself with happiness. Stupid Gold. Nothing ever phased him. Eugh. "This way." called the Champion, and Silver was simply glad that there was likely a reprieve from this cold. Bastard snow. He hurried inside, happy to be rid of the biting wind and for a moment was stunned by the instant darkness.

"If you have a flashlight or anything to help with lighting, please feel free to use them. Just.. don't attack the walls or anything... Even though they've stood up this long, I wouldn't want to risk them coming down on us." Yeah, decent logic. Thankfully, Bitey flared her neck to shine some light on the surroundings. It helped a bit.

"Strange that it's so dark in here." Well, since electric lighting probably wasn't a thing yet...

Azelf lightens his jewel and suddenly the entire room was bathed in a dim, gentle glow. The carvings were intricately woven throughout the room in designs that looked vaguely familiar. "This is the Mistri Stage."

"Th-the what?"

"Yeah, what the shit is that?"

"I recognize that- the crests of Father and three of my siblings." He bobbed up higher and pointed to each one. "Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. This is it; this must be the place!"

"The place to summon... Arceus?" Silver's voice was still incredibly saturated with doubt. He made a small grunt. "...Right. It's... pretty and all, but..."

"Dude, it looks like Christmas!" Gold exclaimed as he danced around. "I love this place!"

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Phoenix on Thu May 04, 2017 12:06 pm

Sinjoh Ruins | Morning
L-45 / A-68

"This way."

Lexa followed the blonde without question as she hurried into the darkness. The shadows were so thick here it was almost as though something were doing it on purpose but she didn't feel any threats nor did Anubis give any indication of other auras. "Strange that it's so dark in here." At least she wasn't the only one deterred by it. Even her lit wrists did very little against the blackness surrounding them.

"It's probably all the snow packed on the top. Not nearly as much natural lighting can seep in. They used to try keeping that clean... Or we're still getting over being out in the snow. " Actually the second one made a lot of sense, the snow reflected so much light it could have made their sensitivity to shadow incredibly skewed. Thankfully Azelf made himself a beacon for the group and they were able to see a bit more. Anubis even marveled at the magnificent carvings and depictions of the Gods.

"Th-the what?"

"I recognize that- the crests of Father and three of my siblings. Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. This is it; this must be the place!" Azelf was so happy... "The place to summon... Arceus? ...Right. It's... pretty and all, but..." Lexa nodded despite not wanting to hurt the Legend's feelings. "He has a point. If this is the place shouldn't there be...something else here? Anything at all? All I see are symbols."

"Dude, it looks like Christmas! I love this place!" Anubis smiled at Gold's description as his closed eyes seemed to focus on the center of the stage. If Gold could only see what he saw. Colors of every imagining danced across the platform and all centered around the middle point in the drawings and fascinated the Lucario. God or no God this was an incredible thing to behold.
Cynthia
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Cynthia on Sun May 07, 2017 10:20 pm

Sinjoh Ruins || Morning
(45)

It didn't take long for the questions to pour in. Prince timidly asked, "Th-the what?"

Silver was a bit more blunt, "Yeah, what the shit is that?"

Before she could answer, Azelf floated higher and pointed to each symbol marked on the stage. "I recognize that- the crests of Father and three of my siblings. Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. This is it; this must be the place!" Her smile grew bigger at the little legend's enthusiasm that mirrored her own.

The revelation tempered Silver a little, but it was clear he was still doubtful. "The place to summon... Arceus? ...Right. It's... pretty and all, but..."

Lexa also expressed some of her doubts, "He has a point. If this is the place shouldn't there be...something else here? Anything at all? All I see are symbols."

Gold, however, practically danced as he looked around and exclaimed, "Dude, it looks like Christmas! I love this place!"

Cynthia and Guinevere enjoyed the energy that the others were giving off, even if some of them had their doubts. She gave a little more information, "This stage was built to show respect for Arceus. Music and dancing were often used to celebrate his power, and legend says that music played by the Azure Flute could summon Arceus himself." Here she rummaged around in her bag as she looked for the fabled relic. Once she pulled out the strange ocarina like object, Cynthia thought she could feel a shift in the energy of the ruins as if the stage itself recognized the flute. She turned away from the group  to look at the runes written on the side Her personal flashlight helped her eyes focus a bit more on the faded Unown letters. "The specifics of each ceremony performed here are written here, and I want to make sure I play the right song." She ran a finger under each symbol to make sure she didn't lose her place.

Last edited by Cynthia on Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Starbits
Elite
Elite

Post by Starbits on Tue May 16, 2017 10:47 pm

Sinjoh Ruins | Morning | 51

Rudely put, but it feels more like he's confused than bothered.

The emotion is quickly drowned by the intense joy that Azelf radiates like a sun. "I recognize that- the crests of Father and three of my siblings. Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. This is it; this must be the place!"

"The place to summon... Arceus? ...Right. It's... pretty and all, but..."

"He has a point. If this is the place shouldn't there be...something else here? Anything at all? All I see are symbols." She has a point. There has to be more here, right? He tries to look over at Azelf from Gold's arms, losing his composure as the young man's excitement overwhelms him. The way he's racing around, he wasn't going to get a good look at Azelf anyway.

"Dude, it looks like Christmas! I love this place!"

That was a funny way to put it. But a pretty good way to phrase it.

"This stage was built to show respect for Arceus. Music and dancing were often used to celebrate his power, and legend says that music played by the Azure Flute could summon Arceus himself." She rummages around, pulling out a funny little instrument. He doesn't get a very good look with Gold moving around so much. Was that a flute he saw? It didn't look much like a flute. Maybe if he could get Gold to stop moving and walk closer? "The specifics of each ceremony performed here are written here, and I want to make sure I play the right song."

"If you don't though, can't you just try again?" There are people here. It's dark and dark is bad, but there are people here, strong people, and they're in a holy place. Shouldn't it be safe, at least for a little bit? She doesn't have to do it right the very first try. Instruments are hard to play, he's pretty sure.

❤️

♋️14 Badges♋️
little fairy

Azelf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Azelf on Fri May 19, 2017 6:14 pm

Sinjoh Ruins || Morning || 52

"The place to summon... Arceus? ...Right. It's... pretty and all, but..." the young man trails off, scepticism and disappointment on the tip of his tongue. Azelf blinks, frowning as he considers this, turning his head to face Lexa as she voices her own thoughts.

"He has a point. If this is the place shouldn't there be...something else here? Anything at all? All I see are symbols."

Well, he supposes they're right. Actually, he can't help but stare at the symbols, wishing he knew what they said.

"Dude, it looks like Christmas! I love this place!" Gold yells, Azelf breaking into soft, helpless giggles at the childlike glee in his voice.

"This stage was built to show respect for Arceus. Music and dancing were often used to celebrate his power, and legend says that music played by the Azure Flute could summon Arceus himself." The pixie glances over in time to watch Cynthia take from her bag something that is most definitely an instrument but not the long, slender, stick-like object he knows as a flute. "The specifics of each ceremony performed here are written here, and I want to make sure I play the right song."

"If you don't though, can't you just try again?"

"... Or would it break?" He seems to recall hearing from his beloved little human friend, years ago, the legend of a holy instrument that could only be played once before it would shatter.

Ψ Warnings Manager Ψ

Silverishness
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Silverishness on Tue May 23, 2017 8:25 pm

Post 31||Post 22

Sinjoh Ruins||Morning

"This stage was built to show respect for Arceus. Music and dancing were often used to celebrate his power, and legend says that music played by the Azure Flute could summon Arceus himself." Wait. A flute? A fucking flute? The squeaky, airy instrument, possibly the most annoying in any orchestra aside from a piccolo -which is just a really high flute- was the instrument to summon God Himself?. Silver couldn't stop his eyes from rolling if he tried. "The specifics of each ceremony performed here are written here, and I want to make sure I play the right song."

"If you don't though, can't you just try again?" the little Ralts asked, which, really, just made sense.

"... Or would it break?"

"Why would it break?" Silver blurted, looking at the artifact in Cynthia's hands. Gold shrugged.

"Because it's super old and fragile?"

Silver rolled his eyes again. "I meant why would it break if she played the wrong song?"

Gold shrugged again. "Magic?"

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Phoenix on Thu May 25, 2017 9:02 am

Sinjoh Ruins | Morning
L-46 / A-69

"This stage was built to show respect for Arceus. Music and dancing were often used to celebrate his power, and legend says that music played by the Azure Flute could summon Arceus himself." Lexa watched as Cynthia pulled the mentioned object from her bag and begin to look it over. It didn't look like much, an ordinary instrument from what she could tell aside from its luster. Finely crafted perhaps but still well within the realm of ordinary.

The human female began to study the walls and the room carefully leaving the rest of them to wait, not that Anubis noticed as he was still focusing on the spectrum of colors dancing across the platform. So many tendrils reaching out and dancing across the walls, the ceiling, the floor, it was like watching a ballet of color. He happily followed each one around the room and gave little care to the doings of the others. "The specifics of each ceremony performed here are written here, and I want to make sure I play the right song." Hm? Oh, the flute she mentioned. He had vaguely tuned into that part earlier but since he didn't have the digits or mind required for such an instrument he knew he would be of little help and went back to his colors.

"If you don't though, can't you just try again?"

"... Or would it break?" Break? That caught Lexa's attention. Would it? Would one screw up mean the entire trip here had been for naught?

"Why would it break?"

Silver seemed to have little care for Gold's attempts at logic. "I meant why would it break if she played the wrong song?"

"Magic?"

Anubis had seen a strange tendril of color stretching across the middle of the room and followed, noticing it thinned the further it reached away from the stage. But it seemed to have a destination in mind, like it was seeking something. The Lucario found himself behind Cynthia without realizing until he noticed that it was reaching for her, or rather what she was holding. "It wants the flute..." he mumbled absent minded. "It can feel it. How strange..."

Lexa looked at her ward with concern and placed a taloned hand upon his shoulder. "What do you mean Anubis?" His eyes were closed, did that mean he was sensing something the rest of them couldn't see? "Is something there?" Her question was answered almost by coincidence as Anubis opened his eyes and looked at the blonde woman with a small smile, giving no indication he heard Lexa at all. "Play the blue ones. Azure...for the flute..."
Cynthia
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Cynthia on Sun May 28, 2017 11:44 pm

Sinjoh Ruins || Morning
(46)

Her focus was broken when Prince's small voice asked a question, "If you don't though, can't you just try again?"

This caused an onlsot of other questions from the others, and she had to force herself to turn back and listen.  Azelf's question confused her greatly as she tried to make sense of it. "... Or would it break?" ...Oh wait, he must be thinking of a different mythical flute. Her first guess would be Celebi's time flute, but she didn't think it broke if someone played the wrong song. There was something about it being fragile... Silver and Gold broke into a short banter about the matter.

Before they got much further, she interrupted, "No... it won't break, and I do have multiple chances. However, it has been a long time since I've had to look at the songs here, and trial and error would take much longer. There is a flute that loses its power the more it is used, but it's not this one."

While the others had been talking, Guinevere kept an eye an Anubis as he wandered around with his eyes closed. It looked like he was following something that only he could see with his aura readers. She was reminded of the last time they had been here, and Fenrir had made a comment about the strange colors. Soon he wandered over to Cynthia, and he muttered, "It wants the flute... It can feel it. How strange..."

Lexa, concerned for her charge, laid a claw on his shoulder and asked, "What do you mean Anubis? Is something there?"

As if in a daze, the young Lucario opened his eyes and cryptically said, "Play the blue ones. Azure...for the flute..." He had a smile on his face, and Cynthia paused as the strange words fully hit her. She blinked a few times as she tried to understand what he had said, and it took her a few moments to remember that he was likely reading the energy of the place. Unfortunately, since she couldn't see what he did, his helpful comment wasn't very helpful.

She didn't want to seem unappreciative, though, and she managed say, "Thank you, but... I can't see the aura here."  Before any more questions could be thrown her way, she firmly, but not unkindly, said, "I'm really sorry, but I need to focus to read the writing here. It shouldn't take me too much longer." The last part was added as a promise. She finally turned back and aimed her flashlight where she had left off and continued going down the lines.

((There will be a short time skip after this round finishes. It won't be longer than an hour.))

Last edited by Cynthia on Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Starbits
Elite
Elite

Post by Starbits on Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:02 pm

Sinjoh Ruins | Morning | 52

"... Or would it break?"

Break? Why would it break?

"Why would it break?" Silver voices before he could put the thought into words.

"I meant why would it break if she played the wrong song?"

"Magic?"

Well, it's not like that would be very far-fetched.

"No... it won't break, and I do have multiple chances." Cynthia answers as the little fairy's attention was stolen by Anubis. He's... walking around with his eyes closed? Why? He looks pretty happy though... "However, it has been a long time since I've had to look at the songs here, and trial and error would take much longer. There is a flute that loses its power the more it is used, but it's not this one."

Prince watches as his route takes him to Cynthia, the canine muttering. "It wants the flute... It can feel it. How strange..."

His caretaker laid a hand on his shoulder, concerned. Prince tilts his head. "What do you mean Anubis? Is something there?"

"Play the blue ones. Azure...for the flute..." Blue ones? What blue ones? What can he see? It must be aura stuff.

"Thank you, but... I can't see the aura here." A pause later, she adds, "I'm really sorry, but I need to focus to read the writing here. It shouldn't take me too much longer."

Well... better not bother her then. With large eyes full of wonder, Prince addresses Anubis.

"It must be beautiful, being able to see whatever you saw. I wish I could see it too."

❤️

♋️14 Badges♋️
little fairy

Azelf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Azelf on Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:43 pm

Sinjoh Ruins || Morning || 54

"Why would it break?"
"I meant why would it break if she played the wrong song?"
"Magic?"

That may not be quite the right word, but there's no other way to put it.

"No... it won't break, and I do have multiple chances." Cynthia speaks up before Azelf can answer, the pixie turning to watch her. "However, it has been a long time since I've had to look at the songs here, and trial and error would take much longer. There is a flute that loses its power the more it is used, but it's not this one."

Anubis walks up to Cynthia, eyeing the flute. Oh! Does he see something? Can inanimate objects even have auras? Shoot, maybe he should've endeavored to learn more about Lucario and their aura sense...

"It wants the flute... It can feel it. How strange..."

"What do you mean Anubis? Is something there?"

"Play the blue ones. Azure...for the flute..."

"Thank you, but... I can't see the aura here." Is there anyway to fix that? Maybe if Anubis pointed out 'the blue ones' to her?

"I'm really sorry, but I need to focus to read the writing here. It shouldn't take me too much longer."

Or not. That's fair enough, he supposes.

"It must be beautiful, being able to see whatever you saw. I wish I could see it too."

"I bet there are places where the auras make it look like a light show," Azelf murmurs to himself, wishing he could see it, too. This place is probably full of auras, auras he'll never see.

Ψ Warnings Manager Ψ

Silverishness
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Silverishness on Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:58 pm

Post 32||Post 23

Sinjoh Ruins||Morning

"No... it won't break, and I do have multiple chances." Cynthia replied, earning a triumphant grin from Gold and a scowl from Silver. How the hell did she know? What, did she already play the damn thing? "However, it has been a long time since I've had to look at the songs here, and trial and error would take much longer. There is a flute that loses its power the more it is used, but it's not this one."

Anubis was suddenly there, a strange, almost hypnotized look in his wide eyes. For a moment, Silver tensed, unsure of what was going on in the Pokemon's mind, but apparently, it wasn't any sort of danger. Just... odd. "It wants the flute... It can feel it. How strange..."

Apparently, Silver wasn't the only one that noticed the strange lilt in Anubis' voice. Lexa placed a careful hand on her charge's shoulder, and very carefully asked, "What do you mean Anubis? Is something there?"

"Play the blue ones. Azure...for the flute..." Yeah, that wasn't fucking terrifying at all. A glance to Gold told Silver that his old rival hadn't heard anything; he was still entranced with the chamber itself. Figured.

Cynthia managed to navigate through the conversation without upsetting the Lucario. "Thank you, but... I can't see the aura here." She fiddled with the flute a moment before excusing herself. "I'm really sorry, but I need to focus to read the writing here. It shouldn't take me too much longer."

"It must be beautiful, being able to see whatever you saw," Prince sighed from his perch. "I wish I could see it too."

"I bet there are places where the auras make it look like a light show," Azelf mused.

Silver made a small, non-committal noise. He'd known an aura-reader, for a short while. And from what he remembered Riley telling him, being able to see such things was certainly not what it was cracked up to be. His fingers unconsciously went to the hidden pendant beneath his shirt as the memory of the young man filtered through his mind. What would Riley think of any of this? What would he see in that flute? Would he have been as entranced with it as Anubis?

Guess he'd never know...

Last edited by Silverishness on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Phoenix on Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:21 pm

Sinjoh Ruins | Morning
L-47 / A-70

"Thank you, but... I can't see the aura here." Anubis's smile fell slightly at the admission and he tried to think of a way he could show them to her, or indicate which ones the flute was calling to, but the smile vanished completely when Cynthia continued. "I'm really sorry, but I need to focus to read the writing here. It shouldn't take me too much longer."

Oh... She...didn't want his help. He was just in the way again...like he had been since the collapse at Mother's grave. Always in the way...

Moving off to the side he sat quietly at the edge of the stage, letting his aura sense drop so the distracting colors would no longer remind him of how useless he was. How unwanted. Lexa sat down beside him but he refused her comfort and that only worried the seasoned fighter more. It wasn't unheard of for the canine to shut down like this but she couldn't understand why, and since Anubis wasn't talking she wasn't having much luck getting anything out of him.

Anubis didn't even notice he was being stared at again by the small Ralts until the timid voice spoke up, drawing Anubis's eyes open to stare at the small empathic fairy. "It must be beautiful, being able to see whatever you saw. I wish I could see it too." Tilting his head to the side he considered Prince's remark for a moment and wondered when exactly the little one stopped being so angry at him. "It can be..." he replied softly.

"I bet there are places where the auras make it look like a light show." Having both Azelf and Prince ask about his aura sense helped ease the tension enough that Lexa felt herself let out a small sigh of relief. Anubis was even opening up which meant she wouldn't have to try and anchor him through another breakdown. "Sometimes I see things I don't want to see though," he eventually responded. "Like the monsters. Their auras are always so sick and wrong, it's terrifying to look at but it is the best way to track them."
Cynthia
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Cynthia on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:02 pm

Sinjoh Ruins || Morning
(47)

The others began speaking to each other, and though Cynthia felt awful for shooting down Anubis' idea, she couldn't afford to mire herself down in guilt. As she interpreted the runes on the wall, their words faded away, and images of the various rituals filled her mind. Many of them were just for show, unfortunately, but there was one that if played with the flute in her hands, then it should summon Arceus himself. If this worked, then the epidemic could finally end. The children behind her could finally have peace. This had to work. This had to work.

Sinjoh Ruins || Late Morning

There it was. This one had to be it. After staring at the wall of runes for nearly an hour, she finally found the one that would bring the Original One to this plane. All she had to do was play the right notes... Her fingers lightly traced the notes, and though she didn't blow, she practiced the hand positions needed to play. While she would have multiple attempts, the quicker they could get this done, the better. She couldn't afford to get too excited now and potentially allow something else to happen. After a fair amount of practicing, she was as ready as she could ever be.

Guinevere had migrated towards the others since she couldn't help with this part of Cynthia's quest. She kept an eye out for potential threats, but the ruins were almost reverently quiet. Even though she doubted it, Guin briefly mused about whether the undead sensed the strangeness in this place as well and stayed away. It was probably more related to last night's storm burying everything under snow, and most undead appeared to slow down in colder weather. Either way, she was glad for the continued reprieve. Then she noticed a change in Cynthia's stature. She had stopped moving, and she had finally finished fiddling with the Azure flute. The Garchomp had been sitting for a while, but the change in her trainer's demeanor brought her to stand. Maybe it was time?

Cynthia stood in front of the stone stairway as she contemplated her next actions. "I'm about to perform the ritual, once the song is finished, you can come up here to watch," she announced to the others. Guinevere joined Cynthia at the bottom of the staircase, and Cynthia laid a hand on her friend's arm to draw some strength for the next actions and to briefly speak with her quietly. While she was excited, she was also incredibly nervous. If this worked, then the epidemic could finally end. If it didn't... She tried not to think on that too long.

She ascended the staircase alone, leaving Guinevere at the bottom, and the dragon ensured that no one followed her up. Even the very placement of the player could affect the success of the ritual. After a few moments of ensuring she was standing in the right spot, Cynthia put the Azure Flute to her lips and began to play. The strange instrument's sound was ethereal and echoed strangely in the ruins. Despite Cynthia never moving, the music faded in and out around the ruins. It culminated with the final part of the song resounding loudly from the center, and the Mystri stage began to light up. The three corners of the triangle glowed red, blue, and purple as the circles representing Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina activated.

"We can join her now," Guinevere whispered excitedly as she started going up the stairs.
Starbits
Elite
Elite

Post by Starbits on Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:47 pm

Sinjoh Ruins | Morning | 53

"It can be..."

Prince's metaphorical ears perked up at recieving an answer. He wasn't so sure if he would get one, with how despondent Anubis had become.

"I bet there are places where the auras make it look like a light show," Azelf added, wistfull. Oh good! He wasn't the only one who thought so!

"Sometimes I see things I don't want to see though," the canine answered, the little fairy feeling his stomach drop a little. "Like the monsters. Their auras are always so sick and wrong, it's terrifying to look at but it is the best way to track them."

"I'm sorry. It..." He paused for a moment, staring at the ground. "It's hard, having a gift that's a blessing and a curse. You can see beautiful things, and you can see danger before it arrives, but you can see terrible things, too." He peeked up at the other boy. "I can feel emotions. I feel what everyone else feels. My species takes 'empathy' very literally. And because of that I can share really strong emotional bonds with others. I can guess at what might be making someone unhappy and try to help them. But..." He ran a hand through his messy hair. "It also means I feel every agony others do. It might compel me to be a better person, to feel stuff like compassion, but it's... really hard. When everyone around you feels like they're dying and so you are too."

Azelf's hand found its way to his back and he rubbed it in gentle circles, Prince leaning into his beloved friend's touch. The pixie didn't speak. There was not much he could add to that, Prince suspected, so Azelf wasn't going to try. Instead, he'd be a silent supporter.

Azelf seemed to always know what he needed. It made him wonder if Azelf was an empath too, sometimes.

Sinjoh Ruins | Morning

For such an exciting event, it had a really long, boring lead-up.

For hours, Prince waited for some kind of sign that what they came here for was about to be started, but Cynthia only remained as she had been; studying the runes. Occasionally she seemed to practice a bit with the flute. While interesting at first, it quickly grew dull, and exhausted as he was, Prince didn't have the stamina to be sitting around doing nothing without falling asleep.

And so fall asleep he did, his body leaning against Azelf's, the pixie with an arm around him.

It was at least an hour, maybe more, before a gentle nudge to his side snapped him into the waking world.

"-once the song is finished, you can come up here to watch." A pretty voice was speaking. Cynthia. That was Cynthia. He rubbed his eyes and sat up, raising looking up at her.

Song? She was starting then? He jolted to life, sitting up properly and moving as if to stand. Azelf laid a hand on his shoulder with a soft hushing sound, and, not having the strength to argue, he obeyed.

She ascended the steps, and he held his breath.

Music.

His eyes widened at the sound of it. Beautiful and otherworldly, it echoed around the ruins, seemingly fading in and out slightly as if the player were moving. But Cynthia didn't move.

As the last note struck up, the stage began to glow. Prince shouted a wordless noise of something that was probably glee or excitement or some combination of the two. He wasn't really sure what he was feeling; only that it overflowed so much that he had to move and that it wasn't a bad emotion.

"We can join her now," the dragon said, and Azelf scooped him up and bobbed upward to show him the stage from a bird's eye view as he floated downwards, like a balloon rapidly losing helium, to float alongside Cynthia's side at about the woman's height. From the air the stage had looked like nothing he'd ever seen before; a giant triangle symbol, with three smaller symbols at its points, and those were lit up blue, red, and purple.

"Wooooooow," was all that could come out, his voice a small whisper of awe.

❤️

♋️14 Badges♋️
little fairy

Azelf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Azelf on Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:50 pm

Sinjoh Ruins || Morning || 55

Anubis's voice was soft and a little worrying given the general demeanor of the young man, but the fact that he was speaking at all seemed like a good thing when he'd been so upset just a moment ago. At least talking meant something.

"Sometimes I see things I don't want to see though," he continued. Azelf supressed a wince. "Like the monsters. Their auras are always so sick and wrong, it's terrifying to look at but it is the best way to track them."

"I'm sorry," Prince murmured, meeting Anubis's gaze for a moment before shifting it to the stone below. "It... It's hard, having a gift that's a blessing and a curse. You can see beautiful things, and you can see danger before it arrives, but you can see terrible things, too."

He could guess where Prince was going with this. The subject made his heart ache, every time without fail, but far be it from him to put a halt to thoughts that, while unpleasant, were being used to hopefully impart a sense of understanding between the two.

"I can feel emotions. I feel what everyone else feels. My species takes 'empathy' very literally. And because of that I can share really strong emotional bonds with others. I can guess at what might be making someone unhappy and try to help them. But..." He pawed at his hair a little. Azelf felt the sudden and insane urge to fuss over it, but really, what it needed was a good washing, and they didn't have access to that here. "It also means I feel every agony others do. It might compel me to be a better person, to feel stuff like compassion, but it's... really hard. When everyone around you feels like they're dying and so you are too."

With nothing to say to that, he laid a hand on his back, patted it once, and then began to rub circles into it, as was his usual way of giving the boy silent comfort. Prince leaned into the touch, accepting it without hesitation. If only he could soothe the root of his pain away as easily as he could remind Prince he wasn't alone.

Sinjoh Ruins | Morning

It was a long wait.

He hadn't expected anything else, exactly, but it was one thing to be aware of something unpleasant and another to experience it. As the time ticked by he felt himself grow restless and ansty. But Prince had fallen asleep against him, and to move would be to wake him up. And given the state of the little fairy, that was just not an option.

Not that it would be even if his health had been good, but especially not when it was so poor. And so he stayed still and stroked his hair, listening to the quiet sounds of his breathing and watching Cynthia study runes and practice the movements of her fingers on the flute.

The latter grew dull very quickly. He turned his thoughts to other things. Not for the first time he wondered where his siblings were. Were they all right? Was Uxie safe?

Uxie never broke promises, but this time he had. It was a heavy weight in his gut. Azelf hoped that at least no one could tell his thoughts were stormy.

At last, Cynthia took up standing at the stairs, her demanor different. Azelf's heart beat faster and he blinked to clear his eyes of the dull, thousand-yard stare he'd leveled at the floor for the last hour or so. Was it finally time?

"I'm about to perform the ritual," She started, and with his heart jolting harder, he carefully poked his ward awake. Prince jerked into consciousness immediately, sitting up; despite trying to pay attention to the woman who would establish contact with Father, the part of his mind always carefully dedicated to keeping an eye on Prince noted his hair was sticking up on one side and couldn't help but smile at the sight. "Once the song is finished, you can come up here to watch."

Prince stared up at her with the bleariness of a child woken far too early, but he rubbed them clear and sat up more properly, now fixated fully on what they were about to witness.

And oh, what a thing to witness.

The flute song was clear and proud and beautiful. It echoed from places it should not have been able to echo from. Azelf had to remember to close his slightly open mouth halfway through.

"We can join her now." Guinevere's whisper was excited and she wasted no time moving to be close to her human. Azelf picked up Prince and allowed himself to float high above it all for a few moments to show him the view, feeling something pierce his chest as he gazed down below at the glowing insignias of his brothers.

This was finally happening.

When he finished his slow decent he struggled to find words, floating near Cynthia's head.

"Wooooooow."

Azelf let out a choking little laugh.

"Yes I- I would say that about sums it all up, Prince." Here he was, trying to find something to say, but that little sound of awe and amazement said far more than anything else could have.

Ψ Warnings Manager Ψ

Silverishness
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Silverishness on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:00 am

Post 33||Post 24

Sinjoh Ruins||Morning

"Sometimes I see things I don't want to see though," Anubis continued, conjuring more memories of Riley in Silver's mind. "Like the monsters. Their auras are always so sick and wrong, it's terrifying to look at but it is the best way to track them." Would that be how Riley saw them? His fingers continued to absently toy with the charm on his neck, his sass muted as he thought of that strange, strange man.

"I'm sorry," the tiny Ralts spoke, earning Silver's silent attention. "It... It's hard, having a gift that's a blessing and a curse. You can see beautiful things, and you can see danger before it arrives, but you can see terrible things, too." And not always from just the auras...

"I can feel emotions. I feel what everyone else feels. My species takes 'empathy' very literally. And because of that I can share really strong emotional bonds with others. I can guess at what might be making someone unhappy and try to help them. But..." There was a small silence as they hung onto his words and Silver couldn't shake the similarity between the young Anubis and Riley in that moment. "It also means I feel every agony others do. It might compel me to be a better person, to feel stuff like compassion, but it's... really hard. When everyone around you feels like they're dying and so you are too."

With that somber note, the conversation died as they waited for Cynthia to finish. Maybe... Maybe it was better if Riley was dead. Silver couldn't imagine the sweet man enduring what Anubis had. Seeing and feeling that, so much for so long... yeah. Death was likely the kinder path... Silver deflated a little, then closed his eyes to fall into a meditative state. He didn't want to travel down that rabbit hole.

Sinjoh Ruins||Late Morning[/color]

Holy crap, it was so boring.

Gold groaned as he stared up at the ceiling. The ruins had been interesting at first, but as the mood soured and the ruins continued to be stagnant, his attention span soon diminished. Man. It felt like he was slowly sinking into the floor. Like it was quicksand. Finally, after a thousand years had passed, Cynthia came forward.

"I'm about to perform the ritual," she announced, causing the others to stir. "Once the song is finished, you can come up here to watch."

Oh, finally! Gold sat up, face lightened with excitement. Silver pulled his mind out of its lulled state as the others around him roused. His rival was once again beaming with the energy of a kid on Christmas, and though he was loathe to admit it, it was a small salve on his solemn mood. Meditation had helped his musings, but not eliminated them.

The room suddenly went silent as the flute's music floated through it, and the boys were completely entranced. Gold's eyes followed as the runes began to light, awestruck. This was amazing! How it was happening didn't even occur to Gold, just how beautiful and amazing it was. Silver, on the other hand, watched with a sharp eye, trying to see the mechanics behind such a feat. How could music do this? What sort of power was in that flute?

Too soon, the song ended, but the runes remained lit, each depicting a Sinnoh dragon deity. Who even carved this?

Cynthia's dragon came over to rouse them out of their collective stupor."We can join her now." Together, they followed, Gold eagerly skipping ahead while Silver lingered in the back.

"Wooooooow."

Azelf chuckled. "Yes I- I would say that about sums it all up, Prince."

"So... do we just... wait?"

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Phoenix on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Sinjoh Ruins | Morning
L-48 / A-71

"I'm sorry."

Anubis paused, turning to stare at the small Ralts as he spoke. No one had ever said that to him before... Even Lexa had been like the others, always trying to get him to see his ability as a gift and not just a fact of life that came with both good and bad like any other. "It... It's hard, having a gift that's a blessing and a curse. You can see beautiful things, and you can see danger before it arrives, but you can see terrible things, too." Aura sight wasn't a gift, it was just another reality. One he had to live with for the entirety of his existence.

"I can feel emotions. I feel what everyone else feels. My species takes 'empathy' very literally. And because of that I can share really strong emotional bonds with others. I can guess at what might be making someone unhappy and try to help them. But..." For once Anubis felt like someone might actually understand. The way he hung on his words, the depth of the silence when he stopped, all of it echoed with a truth the Lucario knew all too well. "It also means I feel every agony others do. It might compel me to be a better person, to feel stuff like compassion, but it's... really hard. When everyone around you feels like they're dying and so you are too."

"It's hard...seeing everyone's pain. It reflects in their aura just like it would if it showed in their face... No one wants to know you can see their secret truths..."

Sinjoh Ruins | Late Morning

Things had fallen silent after Anubis and Prince's conversation, almost uncomfortably so for Lexa. She watched as Cynthia floated around the room reading runes and fiddling with her flute before finally she could no longer sit still. Needing to feel her blood pumping she settled into a small workout off in a distant corner, making sure not to make much noise beyond the occasional huff of air as she moved or tried to catch her breath after a set.

It was maddening, the silence.

Granted this was a rather solemn occasion and the shrine demanded a sort of standard to their behavior but still...she couldn't linger here. Whether or not the flute even worked she needed to keep moving. Had to keep Anubis moving. Sitting still was a death warrant these days and she couldn't let herself fall to the unholy creatures who had taken her Gym and her trainer. She had to protect what was left in whatever manner was required.

Finally it seemed Cynthia was finished when the air began to change into one of charged tension, the Garchomp moving to her feet as she watched her own trainer carefully. "I'm about to perform the ritual. Once the song is finished, you can come up here to watch." Her voice shattered their silence and Lexa found herself moving closer to the group again, eyes glued to the blonde as she ascended the stairway and began to play a rather haunting melody.

Lexa's eyes followed the runes as they began to glow to match the song but Anubis, his eyes were completely shut. The ribbons of color swirled and danced as though the music were reaching out and coaxing them to life, the blue pulsing and quivering with each note struck until their partners began to glow as well. The glyphs around the stage lit up adding even more decadence to the dance and the Lucario found himself overwhelmed, nearly fainting as he fell into Lexa's side.

Thankfully the song came to a rest shortly after his spell and the Lucario's eyes slowly opened as the Garchomp announced they could move. Everything around them felt alive somehow and was almost reaching out to coax them onto the stage. "Wooooooow."

She heard Azelf laugh quietly. "Yes I- I would say that about sums it all up, Prince."

"So... do we just... wait?"

"I have a feeling we will know soon enough..." she replied warily, concerned that Anubis had gone nearly catatonic on her again. His eyes were fixated in the center of the stage even though she couldn't see anything of note there beyond the lights. What was wrong with him? He wasn't even using his aura sense he was just...staring. Like he was waiting for something she couldn't see to make its move. It was frightening.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:02 am