Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the outbreak.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT- http://www.epidemicjohto.com/t7003-join-the-battle-for-net-neutrality

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Catalyst. The Banner was made by Lady Silverfishes. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

(ELITE) The SINJOH Team

Cynthia
Resistance
Resistance

Re: (ELITE) The SINJOH Team

Post by Cynthia on Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:22 am

Sinjoh Ruins (Researcher's Cabin) || Evening
(38)

Anubis already had the wood ready in his arms, and he shyly responded, "I-It's alright. I have it." He seemed a lot less tense now, and the change gave Cynthia some relief. The child didn't need to be worried over her doing anything in retribution for his words of anger and grief. He knelt down to put the logs in properly, but he glanced over towards Lexa when she spoke.

Meanwhile, the Blaziken turned down Cynthia's offer with simple logic, "No point in wasting energy on a move when fire comes at will from my wrists. One benefit of being a fire type I would imagine. We may need that energy later so it's best if-" Cynthia nodded her head in agreement; it only made sense to save energy when possible. However, another person, the very reason she made the offer, in the room objected.

Silver had curled up even tighter, and his voice was barely audible. "Please don't move."

Cynthia had to restrain herself from giggling at Lexa's next words and actions. In an affectionate manner, the Blaziken said, "Alright you little whelp, if you don't want me to move you from the fire then you are just going to have to come with me now aren't you?" With no warning, she lifted the redheaded boy onto her shoulder like a sack of potatoes and carried him over to the fireplace where she plopped him down on the ground. She asked, "Do we have any kindling?" Anubis had a ready answer as he picked up some of the trash paper on the floor and placed it amongst the logs. Afterwards, she then placed one of her lit wrists in the fireplace, and the flames hungrily grabbed onto the pieces of paper and were soon climbing onto the wood. "There, we'll soon have a roaring fire and this place will be toasty in no time."

"Yes. Thank you so much for your help," she smiled gratefully at the pair of fighting types. The Champion had a feeling her Pokemon was going to want to be close to the heat, so she backed away from the fireplace and to the couch where the others had been sitting and took a seat while taking up as little space as possible. Guinevere edged closer to the fire, but the dragon's large size wouldn't allow her any subtlety. She refrained from sitting on the floor since that was where Silver was, but her head was bowed low to let the warmth wash over her.

Azelf had placed Prince down while Cynthia and Guinevere weren't looking, but the pair were still close to each other. Prince looked much more comfortable, and the familiar way Azelf stroked the fairy's hair was heartwarming. Prince said, "The fire is nice, and a fire move means we don't have to worry about matches or a lighter, too."

Apparently remembering an unpleasant incident, Azelf responded, "Yes, what a relief. That was a nightmare." Obviously they were still alive and okay, so despite whatever happened, they survived. She could certainly empathize getting caught without warmth thanks to matches and lighters being unavailable or unusable. Guinevere still denied that that was why she had wanted a fire move so much, and while Cynthia would tease her for it, she wouldn't change it out unless the dragon specifically wanted it.

Lexa bantered, "Good to see you both here then." Anubis soon reclaimed his spot next to the Blaziken on the couch, and the pair huddled close together again. When Cynthia glanced over at the pair, the young Lucario's eyes were falling shut. He must have been exhausted.

"Nothing like fire and good company to end an evening, right?"

After few minutes of letting the heat seep in, the small fairy asked, "Once we're warm, maybe we can- we can play in the snow, Azzie?  Hoenn never had snow and- I can't say I like it much anymore but that- that might be because I've... never really had time to play in it... and no guarantee of a fire afterwards..." The poor dear was from Hoenn? That made the first time she saw him even more pitiful in retrospect. He shouldn't have been in a cold mountain all by himself... It also brought up the question of how he got there, but she had long stopped asking herself how some Pokemon traveled so far. He was also Azelf's friend... and the legend likely had powerful teleporting abilities.

Azelf's answer was quick, "I don't see why not.  Gold and Raider seem to be enjoying themselves.  It might be fun to join them." Cynthia's smile returned as she watched Fenrir, Gold, Raider, and what appeared to be a Vaporeon out playing in the snow. Her eyes quickly flicked to the sky, and she tried to guess how much longer they had until night fell or the storm came. It seemed like they had a little bit longer at least.

She almost jumped when a snowball hit the window, and Gold's voice could be heard as he apologized, "Sorry!" She could see Fenrir's face, and it was laughable to see how the Lucario looked like a deer in the headlights before getting a face full of snow.

The affectionate tone returned to Lexa's voice as she smiled and said, "Kids, huh?"

She returned the warm smile with one of her own, "The joys of youth."

Now that some warmth had returned to her limbs, Guinevere was much more chatty. The Garchomp teased, "You already sound like an old lady, Cynth." She then had a thought occur to her, "Oh, you better let Yurei out. She'd be so mad if she missed out on the fun. And you know Fen will tell her about it."

She had been a little hesitant to let out any of her other Pokemon, but Guinevere had a good point. Besides, the area was safe, and she was keeping an eye on the playing. "...You're right," she admitted before pulling out her Spiritomb's Pokeball. She went ahead and let the ghost out, and she didn't have to say anything before Yurei's eyes went to the window and saw the mischief and fun. "Go on out, and have fun," she encouraged. As a warning to her and the two pixies, however, she added, "Don't wander out of sight of the cabin, though. When night falls, everyone should come back inside."

Sinjoh Ruins (Researcher's Cabin) || Night

When the last rays of light began to disappear, Cynthia forced herself to stand, and in a manner similar to a mother, she walked to the door to call everyone in. "Alright, it's time to come back inside! Don't want anyone to get stuck in this cold weather." Fenrir and Yurei both came to the door quickly, but they remained near the entrance just in case they were needed to search for anyone in the darkness. As each person and Pokemon came back, she mentally ticked off each one to settle her mind. After all of the disappearances earlier that day, she was worried that something could have happened.

Last edited by Cynthia on Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Starbits
Elite
Elite

Post by Starbits on Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:05 am

Alph Ruins - Cabin | Evening | 44

As soon as Cynthia gives her warning to stay in sight--Prince nodding all the way, because she's right; drifting out of sight would be a stupid idea--Azelf scoops him up and floats outside to join in the fun.  The fairy squirms inwardly a little once outside-- the other four are having fun; what if they take offense to him asking to join?  He finds he can't move from the front of the house near the door.

What's wrong?  Prince stares at his feet for a few moments, rocking on his heels.

What if they don't want to play with me?

Azelf pats his shoulder.  I don't think they'll mind.  Look at how much fun they're having!  Nobody has minded your presence so far; why should they now?

Because I'm too small to help in a snow war and I have dumb issues and I'm really frail...  

If you let the opportunity pass you by, though, you'll regret not trying.

Damn.  He's right.  ... Okay.  I'll... I'll try.

By the time night falls and Cynthia calls them inside, some inner part of him that Prince thought had been crushed is glowing, leaving him shivering but feeling something like fullness.  Azelf ushers the freezing fairy inside and by the fire, failing badly at hiding his own shivers, and so Prince pulls him down out of the air and into a hug, the pixie halting his fussing in favor of huddling close.  The Ralts glances over at Cynthia, waiting for any news she might want to deliver.  Hopefully if she has something to say, it's fast so that he can pass out.

i'll take you back where you belong
and this'll be our favorite song

❤️

||profile||desktop||Admin Azelf||starbits shop||trainersona||
♋️14 Badges♋️
little fairy

Azelf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Azelf on Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:54 pm

Alph Ruins - Cabin || Evening || 47

The boy wants some fun, and after a few minutes in front of the fire, taking in Cynthia's warning, it seems as if they're ready.  After nodding to agree with Cynthia, Azelf picks Prince up and floats outside, setting the youngster down in the snow near the front steps.  

Despite his plea, however, Prince makes no move to actually go play.  Azelf tilts his head to the side as his friend shifts in the snow, shoulders drawn and head lowered, raising only occasionally to peek at the others.

... Ah.  He must be shy.  But rather than assume...

What's wrong?  The fairy starts a bit, trying to disguise it as pushing his hair from his face.  It doesn't work.

What if they don't want to play with me?  He sounds so painfully young, and worse, Azelf has no real advice how to deal with this sort of thing.  Sure, he likes isolation no more than anyone else does, but he could only say he felt shy when people fawned over him.  He has to say something, give him something besides a pat on the shoulder for comfort...

Well... Uxie always said that the best way to fight irrationality was with logic.  I don't think they'll mind.  Look at how much fun they're having!  Nobody has minded your presence so far; why should they now?

Because I'm too small to help in a snow war and I have dumb issues and I'm really frail...  Well... while very negatively said, everything is true.  He is too small, and he does clearly have a lot more problems than when Azelf saw him last, including severe fragility...

New tactic, then.  If you let the opportunity pass you by, though, you'll regret not trying.

Prince's face puckers in a frown.  Good, that one seems to have hit its mark.  ... Okay.  I'll... I'll try.

Azelf smiles and gently pushes him forward.  As he watches Prince play, and Gold pick the little fairy up to carry him on his shoulders, his heart swells.  They needed this reprieve.

As Cynthia calls them in, he helps Prince into the warmth of the cabin, relieved at the feeling-- he's shivering too, he realizes.  At least he has a blanket in that backpack of his.

Last edited by Azelf on Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ψ Warnings Manager Ψ

Es gibt nichts schlimmeres als die unwissenheit in aktion.
Silverishness
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Silverishness on Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:31 pm

Post 25||Post 16

Ruins of Alph- Underground||Evening

"Alright, it's time to come back inside! Don't want anyone to get stuck in this cold weather."

Gold looked up from his snow fort to spy Cynthia's tall, dark frame against the old cabin. He panted from the excursions he and the other pokemon had just had-- how long had they been playing? It felt like they'd just gotten out there. Gizmo hurled one last snowball at the side of Gold's head, earning a happy laugh from the man-child. Looked like the Vaporeon won this round, but he wouldn't win the war.

Scooping up the little Ralts in his arms and placing him securely on the back of his neck, Gold jogged the rest of the way back to the cabin, stomping off his feet before nearly jumping inside. Gizmo was still out, but Gold decided to allow Bitey back out. She'd help warm things up. The Typhlosion seemed all too happy to have missed the jubilee, settling down near a wall and giving a small grunt when her trainer and comrade nestled up against her.

Raider, the little Jolteon, sped back to her own trainer, giving him only a moment to quietly plead her not to touch him before doing the exact opposite. Her frozen pelt -ice still clung to various patches of spiky fur- pressed mercilessly against her trainer, to which he gave out a high-pitched squeak of despair and shock. Unfortunately for Silver, the sudden cold immediately sapped him of his strength and he was left to shiver in his spot in front of the fire, his Jolteon all too happy to help.

"How long do you think it'll take for us to get to the... the place we're going?" Gold asked happily, his arms wrapped around an equally ecstatic Gizmo."We gonna be able to have more time in the snow?"

"Please let it end quickly," Silver prayed, his hands reluctantly resting on the exuberant Jolteon in his lap.

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Phoenix on Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:52 pm

Sinjoh Ruins (Researcher's Cabin) | Night
L-39 / A-62
((Skipping Anubis))

As the sun finally fell beyond the mountain peaks and filled the valley outside the cabin with shadow Lexa suddenly realized the weariness in her own body. How long had they been underground? It had been night when they were caught in the rain, then they fell through the cave in and bumped into Silver, then the whole Ursaring incident....It had to have been at least 24 hours since she last got any sleep. No wonder Anubis passed out as quickly as he did. It also helped to explain his rather heightened emotional state.

Lexa let out a large yawn as Cynthia called the others back inside for the night and adjusted the sleeping Lucario in her arms. She offered a tired smile to those who returned and was relieved to see another fire type released to help warm the room. The fireplace was helping significantly but there were a lot of bodies and only one source of heat which didn't leave much left for the ambient room temperature.

The Blaziken laughed as Silver let out a girlish squeal of displeasure when his Jolteon, still caked in snow and frozen from outside, planted herself happily in his lap and began to cuddle despite the redhead's protests. She nodded her head for him to scoot closer to her and relit the flame on one of her wrists to offer him some extra help, hoping he would take the hint. She didn't want to risk calling out for him as Anubis's head was laying directly on the side of her chest and any deep noise would vibrate through his sensitive ears and wake him immediately. It was better to let the boy rest.

"How long do you think it'll take for us to get to the... the place we're going?" Gold chirped out enthusiastically, appearing much younger than his actual years. His temperament reminded Lexa a lot of Blaine just without the added crazy. He was all eagerness and grins even in the face of something insurmountable like summoning God. "We gonna be able to have more time in the snow?"

"Please let it end quickly," Silver muttered in response. Lexa herself still wasn't sure if she still did, or wanted to, believe in Arceus but it seemed the thought still weighed heavily on her recent companion. She reached out and gently clapped her hand on Silver's shoulder to try and offer some support hoping that he understood he wasn't alone. They were all in this together now, for good or for ill. Only time would tell which.
Cynthia
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Cynthia on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:59 am

Sinjoh Ruins (Researcher's Cabin) || Night
(39)

Thankfully, there was no trouble and everyone who had gone outside to play had returned. Once the last one walked in, she shut the door firmly with one last look at the clouds. The moon nor the stars could be seen. Hopefully their luck held out and the storm would keep any unwanted visitors from finding them. Gold released his Typhlosion to ensure warmth before asking, "How long do you think it'll take for us to get to the... the place we're going? We gonna be able to have more time in the snow?" It was hard to remember that the boy wasn't a young child sometimes, and the fact that he was cuddling Bitey and his Vaporeon didn't help the image. His youthful eagerness never seemed to fade regardless of the situation.

Before she could answer, she was momentarily distracted by a high pitched squeak as Raider, despite the protests of her trainer, plopped herself right in his lap. The scene drew a quick laugh from Cynthia, and she heard him almost plea, "Please let it end quickly,"

Focusing back on Gold's question, she replied, "The rest of the way is a little hazy. I know that the altar is in this area, but the path was never well kept to begin with. And now that there hasn't been anyone here to even try maintaining it, it might be a little difficult to find." While she wanted to be optimistic, being real with her companions felt more important. When everyone was more awake, she wanted them to be completely aware of what they were getting involved in, and if they wished to stay here, she wouldn't fault them. "But! With the sun on our side, I should be able to find the clues for it again." When she took in the sight of the rest of her companions either sleeping or barely staying awake, she concluded, "That can wait until tomorrow, for now, everyone try to get comfy and rest."  Before she settled down herself, she quickly spoke to Fenrir and Yurei to have them stay on guard through the night. Yurei didn't really need sleep, so she agreed, and Fenrir said he'd also keep an eye on the fire. Soon afterwards, Cynthia quietly made her way over to the couch again, and Guinevere shuffled over and plopped her head into Cynthia's lap before passing out. It wasn't much longer until the blonde woman dozed off as well with the sounds of the wind picking up whispering in her ears.

Sinjoh Ruins (Researcher's Cabin) || Morning

By the time she woke up, the sun was shining proudly through the windows, and it took her longer than she'd care to admit to notice that something was poking her arm. When she finally mustered the energy to open her eyes, she noticed that Guinevere was already awake and had been poking her. Guinevere was quiet in case there was someone still asleep, "Come on sleeping beauty. Storm's finished." In response, Cynthia tilted her head to stretch out her neck muscles, and lifted her arms up for a full body stretch. The uncomfortable sleeping position hadn't been intended, but she really hadn't wanted to sleep on the floor. The fire was still going, and she could see Fenrir had dozed off nearby. She couldn't blame the Lucario, and she hadn't expected him to stay up the whole night.

She carefully stood up and looked for Yurei, who had been sitting near a window, and the ghost gave her an all clear. Cynthia joined her Spiritomb by the window and looked out over the pristine snow that had been left by the storm. While she admired the beauty of it, it was going to cause problems later. Regardless, she was ready to find the altar and hopefully find a solution to the epidemic. Excitement at finding the altar and using the Azure Flute as intended wass filling her being, and she was eager to leave as soon as possible. The remaining sleepers couldn't wake up fast enough. While she had half a mind to force them to awake, she contained herself with the reminder that several of them were incredibly young, and they all needed their rest.

Last edited by Cynthia on Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Starbits
Elite
Elite

Post by Starbits on Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:22 pm

Alph Ruins - Cabin | Evening | 45

He smiles up at Gold as the young man talks.  He likes him.  He's nice and his laugh is infectious.  And his emotions are so positive.  "How long do you think it'll take for us to get to the... the place we're going? We gonna be able to have more time in the snow?"

Sitting too close to Gold washes out a lot of the other emotions, but he can still feel a prick of what Prince can only describe as a mental groan.  "Please let it end quickly."

"The rest of the way is a little hazy. I know that the altar is in this area, but the path was never well kept to begin with. And now that there hasn't been anyone here to even try maintaining it, it might be a little difficult to find," Cynthia answered Gold. "But! With the sun on our side, I should be able to find the clues for it again."

Oh, so they're going to sleep.  That's good; he feels ready to drop.

"That can wait until tomorrow, for now, everyone try to get comfy and rest."

Amen!  Prince is quick to settle down and close his eyes, falling asleep to the gentle stroking of his hair as Azelf soothes away any remaining fears.  

What follows is the best night of sleep in a long time.

❤️

♋️14 Badges♋️
little fairy

Azelf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Azelf on Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:15 pm

Alph Ruins - Cabin || Evening || 48

He is such a sweet child, that Gold.  Azelf smiles to see him treat Prince with such friendliness.  "How long do you think it'll take for us to get to the... the place we're going? We gonna be able to have more time in the snow?"

Almost certainly not, but he looks so hopeful that Azelf doesn't dare dash his hopes.

Of course, his friend's reaction is the polar opposite.  "Please let it end quickly."

They seem to be polar opposites in many respects, actually... Mm.  Polar.  That qualifies as a pun, doesn't it?  Prince hates those  He's almost tempted to break the spell of peace by teasing him but... perhaps later.

"The rest of the way is a little hazy. I know that the altar is in this area, but the path was never well kept to begin with. And now that there hasn't been anyone here to even try maintaining it, it might be a little difficult to find,"  But of course.  Wasn't that always the way?  "But! With the sun on our side, I should be able to find the clues for it again. That can wait until tomorrow, for now, everyone try to get comfy and rest."

That sounds lovely.  So much happened in one day; some rest is greatly needed.  And appreciated.

Alph Ruins - Cabin || Dawn

"Come on sleeping beauty. Storm's finished."

Having been awake, and for a while, the words don't wake the pixie so much as startle him a bit.  He opens his mouth and glances over at the dragon, closing it upon spotting who she was really speaking to.

For a while he is silent, letting Cynthia move about and then take in the image of the snow for a few minutes.  The silence can only go for so long, though, before the need to interact with someone presses too heavily down on him, and he gently removes the fairy's arm from around his body, easing away from the little one as he curls up with a soft noise that may have been a snore.  Bobbing up into the air, he floats to Cynthia's side to glance out over the snowy landscape.

Beautiful, but that's going to be a pain for the others to trek through.  Silver's definitely not going to be happy, if nothing else.  "It's especially pretty this early in the morning," he remarks quietly.

Ψ Warnings Manager Ψ

Silverishness
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Silverishness on Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:51 am

Post 26||Post 17

Ruins of Alph- Cabin||Morning

"Come on sleeping beauty. Storm's finished."

Silver's eye fluttered open at the voice; while he'd been up for a decent amount of time already, he'd decided that instead of simply staring at everyone as they slept like a creeper, he'd use the opportunity to meditate and dispel his always mounting frustrations and anger. Aside from physical exertions like fighting or running, it was the only way to keep that uncontrollable maelstrom in his soul at bay. His eyes settled on the dragon and her trainer a moment as Raider roused in his lap, her fur soft and fluffy while she slept. His hand absently ran over her form and she stretched in response.

Gold, on the other hand, had been asleep, but then woke immediately at the voice. No grogginess, no sluggish start. Nope. Gold snapped awake like his consciousness was operated by a light switch. With a happy stretch, he bounced to a sitting position, something that his pillow, Bitey, objected. The Typhlosion moaned and growled, preferring the sanctity of sleep a tad longer. She must have known she wasn't going to get it.

Silver watched as the Champion went to the window, followed by Azelf. "It's especially pretty this early in the morning," Unable to resist Azelf's observation, Gold speedily joined them and gawked at the sight for himself. "You're right. It's so pretty! It's like a painting!"

"It looks like that every morning," Silver grumbled. "It's just snow refracting the light."

To his own surprise, Gold scoffed at his cynicism. "Just because it happens all the time doesn't mean it's any less pretty, Silver. Stop being such a prude for once and enjoy the pretty colors."

A little stunned that Gold was... sassing him, Silver gently removed Raider from his lap to join the others at the window. It... was a sunrise. Sure was. Honestly, all Silver could think about was how cold he'd be walking across that fucker. Unmoved, Silver shook his head. "Guess I'm not a romantic like you, Gold."

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Phoenix on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:57 pm

Sinjoh Ruins (Researcher's Cabin) | Morning
L-40 / A-63

Lexa didn't know how long she had been awake but it was long enough that she got to watch what little she could see of the sunrise peek through the window. She kept her flames lit for a while during the night to help keep the chill away from Silver as he dried off from the snow his Jolteon had deposited in his lap but after a few hours she had to let them drop so she could get some rest without worrying about setting the cabin on fire. When she woke again she had no issue letting them blaze again if only to keep the cuddling Lucario against her warm, if not Silver too.

The Blaziken smiled as she watched Cynthia's Garchomp poke her awake, the blonde rising slowly. "Come on sleeping beauty. Storm's finished." The dragon reminded Lexa a bit of herself when dealing with her students back on Cinnabar. The gentle prodding worked and soon enough Cynthia was up moving to join her ghost that had watched over them through the night at the window. The morning light was reflecting and dancing across the windows in strange, glittering patterns thanks to the fresh now and it made Cynthia's hair sparkle much to Anubis's amusement.

The Lucario had woken about the time Cynthia got up but remained nuzzled in Lexa's arms where it was safe and warm. But he could no longer hide his status when he started giggling at the sight of the soft golden hair shimmering in the light. "It looks like those strange foil strings Mother puts on the trees at Christmas," he whispered to Lexa. "Tinsel? You think....oh my..." After the comparison had been pointed out Lexa herself began to see the resemblance causing her to chuckle lightly.

"It's especially pretty this early in the morning,"

"You're right. It's so pretty! It's like a painting!"

"It looks like that every morning. It's just snow refracting the light."

Lexa smiled and shook her head as it became more than apparent the other children were up. Their constant teasing was becoming all too familiar. "Just because it happens all the time doesn't mean it's any less pretty, Silver. Stop being such a prude for once and enjoy the pretty colors." Well now, that was impressive. Gold had a little bit of a sting in him after all. "Guess I'm not a romantic like you, Gold."

Anubis snickered and stood up, feeling better than he had in a long time, and lightly stepped over to another window to view the scenery that had captured so much attention. Lexa followed and noted how it was almost silly the entire group was staring out into the wilderness like they had never seen it before. But the pure white, perfect snow, made it seem like the world was fresh and clean again. They didn't have to think about the bodies and blood buried beneath the pristine surface and for a moment, just a moment, they got to pretend everything was okay. That was worth any absurdity in the world to her.
Cynthia
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Cynthia on Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:22 pm

(40)

Due to the quiet, Azelf's voice startled Cynthia, but she quickly recovered as he joined her at the window. "It's especially pretty this early in the morning."

She smiled as she responded, "It is." Just admiring the beauty of nature was a pasttime that she hadn't been able to enjoy for a long time.

Gold quickly woke up at the sound of voices and bounced up to the window to look. "You're right. It's so pretty! It's like a painting!"

"It looks like that every morning, It's just snow refracting the light," Silver grumbled. His lack of enthusiasm didn't perturb her; given his dislike of the cold, he probably didn't like snow at all.

"Just because it happens all the time doesn't mean it's any less pretty, Silver. Stop being such a prude for once and enjoy the pretty colors." Her eyes widened at Gold's blunt response; she hadn't expected him to call out Silver's pessimism.

Silver then properly joined them at the window, and she had to give him credit for at least trying. "Guess I'm not a romantic like you, Gold."

Perhaps due to all the talking, soon Lexa, Anubis, and Fenrir had gotten up to join them in admiring the pristine snowy landscape. Cynthia let the moment hold. Perhaps longer than she should have, but the simple joys of the old world had long been denied to her and the others. The warm atmosphere and teasing amongst friends gave her a feeling of peace that she didn't want to suddenly take from the others.

Unfortunately, she did have a mission, and it was time for her to give them a choice. She pulled away from the beautiful sight as she reevaluated the group that had formed around her. Many of them were young or young minded, and at least one of them had a hatred of the cold. She didn't want any of them to think that they were forced to go with her every step of the way. "As much as I'd love to stay in, I have to find that altar. But I don't want any of you to think you have to go with me. There is still wood and shelter if you wish to wait here."

Starbits
Elite
Elite

Post by Starbits on Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:29 pm

Alph Ruins - Cabin | Morning | 46

"-so pretty! It's like a painting!"

"Hhhhnnn?"  What?

"It looks like that every morning, It's just snow refracting the light."  A grumble stomped its way into his heart, making him groan again.  

What happened?

Azelf, Cynthia, other humans, other people, searching for god-

He sits up, rubbing his eyes and turning his head to find most of them gathered at the window.  Drawing himself to his feet, he shuffles over, hands cupped nervously at his chest.

"Just because it happens all the time doesn't mean it's any less pretty, Silver. Stop being such a prude for once and enjoy the pretty colors."  He pauses to giggle into a hand.  Oh, so Gold has some sass after all!

"Guess I'm not a romantic like you, Gold," his friend remarks as Azelf spots the little fairy and floats down to pick him up.  He smiles at the sight of the glittery snow when the pixie bobs back up to let him see out the window.

For this moment, everything feels okay.  Lexa and Anubis are whispering, and everything is jovial and a bit silly and whimsical, and he sighs, nuzzling against Azelf, who returns the gesture.

A few minutes later, Cynthia breaks the silence.  "As much as I'd love to stay in, I have to find that altar. But I don't want any of you to think you have to go with me. There is still wood and shelter if you wish to wait here."

... Does he want to wait here?  He considers Azelf's desperation to find his father.  Even if he's not of much use, how can he say no to going with him?  

He's always been supportive.  Now it's Prince's turn to be supportive right back.

"I want to go."

❤️

♋️14 Badges♋️
little fairy

Azelf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Azelf on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:11 pm

Alph Ruins - Cabin || Evening || 49

"You're right. It's so pretty! It's like a painting!" Gold agrees, bright and bubbly as always, the sunshine in his voice coaxing a wider smile from the pixie.

"Hhhhnnn?"  Azelf glances over his shoulder at his companion. Prince has rolled over. Looks like the little one may wake soon.

"It looks like that every morning," a voice mumbles, the legendary looking back over to the others. "It's just snow refracting the light."  

Ah, it seems as if Gold's friend isn't a morning person.  

"Just because it happens all the time doesn't mean it's any less pretty, Silver," Gold chides, Azelf blinking in astonishment. Did... has Gold just...? "Stop being such a prude for once and enjoy the pretty colors."  

"Guess I'm not a romantic like you, Gold," The words are mostly lost on Azelf-- quiet shuffling feet caught his attention and he lowers himeslf down to pick up Prince, bobbing back up so that his friend can grip the windowledge and stare outside with them. Anubis makes a giggling comment about Cynthia's hair looking like tinsel. He almost asks what that even is, but...

It's much better to let this precious moment hang.

Unfortunately, though, it can't be forever. All too soon, Cynthia cuts through their quiet moment. "As much as I'd love to stay in, I have to find that altar. But I don't want any of you to think you have to go with me. There is still wood and shelter if you wish to wait here."

"I want to go." It's too early for so much surprise. Azelf looks down at his friend and opens his mouth. Prince doesn't need to come; he'd be much better here, where nothing bad will happen to him--

... That face brooks no argument.

"... I am going regardless if anyone goes at all." Especially now that Prince is determined to go.

Ψ Warnings Manager Ψ

Silverishness
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Silverishness on Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:58 pm

Post 27||Post 18

Sinjoh Ruins- Cabin||Morning

Silver moved to go back to his spot by the fireplace as the others literally stared at the snow, but he paused when Cynthia spoke. "As much as I'd love to stay in, I have to find that altar. But I don't want any of you to think you have to go with me. There is still wood and shelter if you wish to wait here."

He didn't expect the little Ralts to be the first to speak. "I want to go." Really? The tiny little fairy was that determined? His face was set and his tone betrayed no doubt. He was going. Silver had to give the little guy some respect for that, even if it probably meant that the Ralts just signed his death warrant.

"... I am going regardless if anyone goes at all," Azelf added, to no surprise to Silver. Of course he was going.

"I'll go!" Gold eagerly chimed, raising his hand into the air like he was a student at school. Again, no surprise there.

"...I'll go too," Silver weighed in. "If only to see what happens. Might be worth staying in the cold."

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Phoenix on Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:49 am

Sinjoh Ruins (Researcher's Cabin) | Morning
L-41 / A-64

The tranquility lasted for some time but eventually it had to come to an end, as all things must. "As much as I'd love to stay in, I have to find that altar. But I don't want any of you to think you have to go with me. There is still wood and shelter if you wish to wait here." Anubis shrank back a little, unsure if he wanted to go with them. Lexa reached out and put an arm around him which he immediately curled into. He couldn't understand why these people were so eager to seek out a God that didn't love them.

"I want to go." That one voice soon started a chain of reactions from the rest of the group until only Lexa and Anubis were the only ones who hadn't said anything. The Blaziken looked at the Lucario in her arms and then back to the group pain written in her eyes even as her face remained neutral. Whatever decision they made would have to be in Anubis's best interest so it wasn't right for her to decide for him. Whatever he said she would go with, even if it meant leaving the others to their fates.

"I..." Lexa looked down at Anubis again, hugging him a little tighter as he showed signs of panic. "I don't understand... Why is there so much faith in a being that abandoned you? Abandoned everyone? Who has never been anything but cruel..." Lexa shushed him quietly and held him close before he did anything to upset Azelf or Cynthia again. Their faith was rooted in Arceus, Azelf's life was rooted in it, she didn't want them thinking poorly of Anubis when his words weren't meant as insults. "Maybe it's better if we don't go. I'm sorry for any trouble we have caused and any burden we placed on you. I'm sure Anubis and I can find our own way out-"

"No."

She hadn't expected Anubis to react that way, much less cut her off. "I want to go. I need...I need to see why they care so much. I need to see what they see...." Lexa smiled sadly and hugged Anubis once more, her heart filled with pity for the child in her arms. "Then I guess we're all going. Lead the way Cynthia."
Cynthia
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Cynthia on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:42 am

(41)

She was surprised that Prince was the first to agree, "I want to go." While underestimating others wasn't something she often did, she had expected that the small fairy would prefer to wait where it was warm. Then again, he was close to Azelf and...

"... I am going regardless if anyone goes at all." Azelf was determined to go regardless. Gold and Silver chimed in that they wanted to come along for their own reasons, and while she was a little hesitant, their reasons were still valid. Maybe she'd be able to teach them more about religion.

Anubis was one of the last to speak up, and she fully expected the young Lucario to decline. She wouldn't have blamed him... Hell had trounced upon earth when he was so young.  "I... I don't understand... Why is there so much faith in a being that abandoned you? Abandoned everyone? Who has never been anything but cruel..." While many years of study had given her answers to these questions, his doubts about it wouldn't easily be answered without proof. She had her reasons for believing in Arceus, and it had given her much needed hope during this apocalypse.

Lexa interrupted him, "Maybe it's better if we don't go. I'm sorry for any trouble we have caused and any burden we placed on you. I'm sure Anubis and I can find our own way out-" Cynthia was about to offer some assistance to them, and even say that she would come back here afterwards if they wanted help, but Anubis had more to say.

"No. I want to go. I need...I need to see why they care so much. I need to see what they see...." Cynthia could only hope that what they were about to do would ease his burdens. If she could get Arceus to respond and fix the mess the world was in... maybe Anubis could be happier. Knowing that Arceus hadn't abandoned them forever would ease his mind.

"Then I guess we're all going. Lead the way Cynthia."

Cynthia smiled at them all, and her determined gaze returned. She returned Yurei for some much needed rest before saying, "Alright then. Make sure you have your supplies, and let's get going." As she walked back to where she placed her bag, her eyes drifted across the fireplace, "Oh, let me take care of the fire. Even if the cabin doesn't belong to anyone... it would be a shame if it burnt down on accident." She walked over to the door, and when it opened, the cold air rushed in. Cynthia shivered in the sudden cold, but quickly steeled herself. She grabbed a handful of snow and quickly shut the door again before throwing as much of it as she could onto the fire. The flames sputtered, and after another trip, they died down into wet ashes.

Once that was settled, she glanced over her companions to see if they were ready. Even though Fenrir hadn't stayed up the whole night, Cynthia could see that the Lucario could use some more rest, so she recalled him. To her relief, Gold had offered to carry Prince, and it put her at ease that the Ralts wouldn't have to walk in the snow or force Azelf, who was not that much bigger, to carry him. She would have offered, but Gold had beaten her to it. Then she looked at Guinevere who then insisted, "I'm staying out to help. Remember, you kept me out a lot when you were here last." She had been worried that the dragon wouldn't take well to the extra snow, but if Guin insisted, then she couldn't say no.

Afterwards, she went to the door with Guinevere right on her heels, and Cynthia took a few steps onto the pristine snow. Since she was no longer in a hurry, she slowly looked around for where they needed to go next. Guin kept her eyes open for any threats, and she also searched her mind for any memories that could help. After getting their bearings, they turned away from the direction they knew they had come from the night before and started walking. The cold had already taken a hold of their feet, but moving seemed to help.

They could move with some certainty since they knew it had to be in this direction, but after walking a while, they started to move slowly again. The path that would lead to the altar's cave had a specific sign that would be hard to miss, and that was assuming that it was still there. If not... they might be stuck wandering around for a while... The glare of the sun on the snow made it hard to see without hurting one's eyes, and more than once, Cynthia had to rub at her eyes. When Guin finally said, "Over here!" Cynthia rushed to keep up with the dragon, and she was overjoyed to see what she had found. Due to the snow, the pillar base was mostly covered, but the well weathered stone of the pillar was still poking out of the ground. Its partner was likely completely buried; time having won the battle with it. The ground sloped upwards, indicating a treacherous path.

She called out, "Okay, the path here is going to be tricky. Guin can melt the worst of it out of the way, but we'll have to move quickly before the water ices again. If anyone can help, please do." The Garchomp faced the path, inhaled deeply, and released a jet of flame to melt the piles of snow off the stony stairway. As soon as the path was cleared, the pair ascended the worn stairs quickly but carefully. They continued the pattern until they reached the top, and they faced an ominous cave. Here they paused to ensure the group was still with them and catch their breath.

Starbits
Elite
Elite

Post by Starbits on Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:34 pm

Alph Ruins - Cabin | Morning | 47

Gold's hand shot straight up into the air.  "I'll go!"

"...I'll go too."  That's not a surprise.  He seems to care about Gold, for all his grumbling about him.  There's a faint feeling of respect wafting from him; for who, he can't tell, but it's nice to bask in the positivity.  "If only to see what happens. Might be worth staying in the cold."

That part is a surprise.  Silver is admitting there is something about this worth being cold for?  What?

"I..."

Oh no.  Prince winces as fear finally bubbles up enough to push aside most of the positive feelings.  Typical.

"I don't understand... Why is there so much faith in a being that abandoned you?"  

Pain.

"Abandoned everyone?"  

Incredulity.

"Who has never been anything but cruel..."  

His caretaker shushes him gently, hugging him closer to herself.  "Maybe it's better if we don't go. I'm sorry for any trouble we have caused and any burden we placed on you. I'm sure Anubis and I can find our own way out-"

Something tightens inside him, like a steel spring.

"No."

And now, solidifies into resolve.

"I want to go. I need...I need to see why they care so much. I need to see what they see...."

She smiles at him, the soft sadness not lost on the fairy, or anyone in the room really, not with that face. "Then I guess we're all going. Lead the way Cynthia."

He opens his mouth to speak, but Cynthia is quicker.  "Alright then. Make sure you have your supplies, and let's get going."  Azelf scoops him up, the young fairy's eyes never leaving Anubis's face.  "Oh, let me take care of the fire. Even if the cabin doesn't belong to anyone... it would be a shame if it burnt down on accident."

She put the fire out and  recalled her Lucario.  Gold asked Azelf if he could carry Prince, to which the two looked at one another; at Prince's nod, Azelf handed his friend over to Gold carefully, and Prince snuggled into Gold, taking his enthusiasm and wrapping himself up in it like a blanket.

"I'm staying out to help. Remember, you kept me out a lot when you were here last."

Yes, please keep the big scary dragon out; she could scare away anything actually dangerous, most likely.

Walking feels like it takes forever, and this is no exception.  He watches Anubis for most of the time, occasionally glancing up at Gold.

"Over here!"

A big stone pillar?  Well... that looks promising.

"Okay, the path here is going to be tricky. Guin can melt the worst of it out of the way, but we'll have to move quickly before the water ices again. If anyone can help, please do."

Well, nothing he can do to help.  Again.  He wonders if it would be wise to speak to Anubis right now.  Probably not.  It would be best to wait until they were somewhere stationary and not freezing.

❤️

♋️14 Badges♋️
little fairy

Azelf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Azelf on Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:49 pm

Alph Ruins - Cabin || Evening || 50

Gold's hand immediately... raises?  At breakneeck speed too.  Um...  

"I'll go!"  Well... Azelf can't help but smile.  Sweet young man, even if he's a bit strange sometimes.

"...I'll go too."  Oh?  It looks as if his friend going convinced him..  "If only to see what happens. Might be worth staying in the cold."

... Or perhaps it was not Gold after all.  What could he expect to find, Azelf wonders.  He must think there's a chance of seeing something wonderful, or he would not have even considered it.  It seems even those humans who are secure in their beliefs become curious.

It was something he'd always liked about people, truthfully, even when they grew curious about things that were better left untouched.

"I..."  At Anubis's voice, he hugs Prince closer to him.  "I don't understand... Why is there so much faith in a being that abandoned you?" Oh... the poor child sounds so... confused.  And distraught... "Abandoned everyone? Who has never been anything but cruel..."  

Lexa hushes him, holding him tighter.  "Maybe it's better if we don't go. I'm sorry for any trouble we have caused and any burden we placed on you. I'm sure Anubis and I can find our own way out-"

"No."  Azelf's head snaps back a little, an eyebrow raised.  "I want to go. I need...I need to see why they care so much. I need to see what they see...."

Oh...  

His already melted heart turns to goo.

Prince moves to speak.  Unfortunately, he's a little too slow.  "Alright then. Make sure you have your supplies, and let's get going."   The pixie picks him up, noting the wide-eyed stare he's leveling at Anubis.  He watches from the corner of his eye as Cynthia moves to get her bag, then pauses to note the fire.  "Oh, let me take care of the fire. Even if the cabin doesn't belong to anyone... it would be a shame if it burnt down on accident."

She douses the flames with snow and recalls her own Lucario.  Gold approaches, asking to carry Prince, and when the fairy nods, he gently hands him off to the human, who lets Prince snuggle into him.  He smiles.  Good.  He should be perfectly safe like that, and he looks quite content, too.

And so they go.  The entire trip, Prince watches Anubis.  Someone is itching to have a talk.  I hope you get to have that talk soon.

"Over here!"  The shout makes his heart leap into his throat, the legendary glancing over to see what Guinivere has found.

A stone pillar.  Oh.  They are growing close now.  His palms are sweating.

"Okay, the path here is going to be tricky. Guin can melt the worst of it out of the way, but we'll have to move quickly before the water ices again. If anyone can help, please do."

"... I apologize; I'm afraid neither me nor my friend can lend a hand with that."  He gives the Champion an apologetic look.

Last edited by Azelf on Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ψ Warnings Manager Ψ

Silverishness
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Silverishness on Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:30 am

Post 28||Post 19

Sinjoh Ruins- Cabin||Morning

"I..." Both Silver and Gold looked at the fragile Lucario as he stuttered out his doubt. "I don't understand... Why is there so much faith in a being that abandoned you?" Silver's thoughts exactly, should Arceus even turn out to be real. "Abandoned everyone? Who has never been anything but cruel..."

Lexa attempted to hush him. "Maybe it's better if we don't go. I'm sorry for any trouble we have caused and any burden we placed on you. I'm sure Anubis and I can find our own way out-"

"No." It seemed that Silver wasn't the only one taken aback by Anubis' steadfast answer. "I want to go. I need...I need to see why they care so much. I need to see what they see...."

"Alright then. Make sure you have your supplies, and let's get going." Great. Silver looked to the frozen outdoors and instantly regretted his choice. Fucking snow. "Oh, let me take care of the fire. Even if the cabin doesn't belong to anyone... it would be a shame if it burnt down on accident."

And off they went.

Gold happily volunteered to carry the small Ralts, something that seemed to please all who cared. Gold put the little guy into his jacket and zipped it to help support Prince's weight. His beaming smile could only mean he felt nothing but optimism and happiness as they traveled, something that must have been good for an empath. Silver had had precious little experience with them, but more often than not, they didn't particularly care for his dour moods.

"Over here!" The Garchomp's call stopped Silver in his tracks and he had to huddle his arms closer to his body for warmth. Thank God, at least it didn't seem like it was going to be long. Maybe he'd get out of this with all his fingers and toes after all.

They approached a stone pillar, one that looked ancient and important. Silver's apathy gauged it to be something that was likely religious, so that must mean they were getting much closer. As he stared at the cold monument, he felt... something. Something intangible and nameless. "Okay, the path here is going to be tricky. Guin can melt the worst of it out of the way, but we'll have to move quickly before the water ices again. If anyone can help, please do."

"... I apologize; I'm afraid neither me nor my friend can lend a hand with that."

"Bitey can help!" Gold enthusiastically offered. The Typhlosion lumbered behind him, looking about as thrilled as Silver felt. "Bitey, you wanna help melt stuff?"

The Typhlosion seemed to actually consider the question and snorted out an approval. "Yeah, Bitey can totally do it. She's super good with fire." Silver couldn't help but roll his eyes. The boy had won a championship and he spoke like a fucking toddler.

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Phoenix on Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:17 pm

Sinjoh Ruins | Morning
L-42 / A-65

"Alright then. Make sure you have your supplies, and let's get going." Lexa nodded and ushers Anubis away from the window so they could help anyone gather who needed to. "Oh, let me take care of the fire. Even if the cabin doesn't belong to anyone... it would be a shame if it burnt down on accident." True, and it would be nice to have a place to come back to for when they left this place. It was a secure enough location at least.

Anubis couldn't help but feel eyes on him every time he turned around but whenever he looked he only ever spotted the small Ralts. Was that who was watching him? He kept trying to ignore it but even after Gold offered to carry the little fairy Anubis still kept catching him staring, observing, or whatever he was doing. It was starting to make the Lucario nervous.

He shuffled around at Lexa's side and refused to leave the Blaziken even as she insisted on keeping near Silver. The redhead was already shaking barely two steps into the snow and as they trudged around looking for whatever entrance Cynthia knew about she watched as he shrunk further and further into himself. She was going to offer to carry him until the Garchomp's voice called out to her trainer. "Over here!"

The discovery was an old, worn pillar that seemed to have once stood as part of a gateway of some sort. Much like the ones back where they came from only there was something different about these. More ancient. More...important. Lexa was tempted to reach out and touch the stone when Cynthia's voice cut through her clouded mind. "Okay, the path here is going to be tricky. Guin can melt the worst of it out of the way, but we'll have to move quickly before the water ices again. If anyone can help, please do."

Walking over to the tall blonde the Blaziken observed the stairwell and frowned. This was not going to be a fun one for the humans, they had no traction in their feet naturally. She even worried about Anubis with his soft paw pads. "... I apologize; I'm afraid neither me nor my friend can lend a hand with that."

"Bitey can help!" Gold's chipper announcement nearly had Anubis jumping out of his fur. "Bitey, you wanna help melt stuff?" The Typhlosion merely snorted. "Yeah, Bitey can totally do it. She's super good with fire." Lexa shook her head in a strange mix of pity and amusement for the overly-enthusiastic trainer. "I can use my Blaze Kick to keep my legs ablaze for anyone who wants to follow directly behind me. If your dragon goes first, then Bitey, and then myself, that should give us enough heat to get everyone up before it hardens again. Though it will still be slick."

Anubis hung back from the discussions and once again his gaze traveled over to the small Ralts nestled in Gold's arms. He was still watching. Why? Why was he watching? Was he planning on doing something to him? Was he still angry? What was going on through the tiny creature's head that made him such a fascination? Why?
Cynthia
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Cynthia on Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:19 pm

Sinjoh Ruins || Morning
(42)

Azelf apologized, "... I apologize; I'm afraid neither me nor my friend can lend a hand with that." She hadn't really expected Azelf or Prince to aid in this endeavor, so it didn't come as a surprise. However, Azelf could probably make sure no one slipped and hurt themselves.

Gold excitedly volunteered, "Bitey can help!" He then asked the Typhlosion lumbering behind him, "Bitey, you wanna help melt stuff?" She seemed to think the question over before giving giving her approval, "Yeah, Bitey can totally do it. She's super good with fire."

"I can use my Blaze Kick to keep my legs ablaze for anyone who wants to follow directly behind me. If your dragon goes first, then Bitey, and then myself, that should give us enough heat to get everyone up before it hardens again. Though it will still be slick," Lexa also offered.

Cynthia considered the plan before saying, "Sounds like a good plan. The rest of us will follow you in a line then." To Azelf, she asked, "Do you mind floating behind us to make sure no one slips?" As the group lined up, Guinevere prepared herself to use Flamethrower. Once everyone was ready, Guinevere released a massive jet of flame that instantly melted the snow it touched, and she started leading the way up the stairs.

Starbits
Elite
Elite

Post by Starbits on Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:53 pm

Alph Ruins - Cabin | Morning | 48

"... I apologize; I'm afraid neither me nor my friend can lend a hand with that."  

I wish I knew something that would actually help with this.  Even if he did, he's way too tiny to be of any actual help.  He should really figure out why he hasn't evolved...

"Bitey can help!" Gold crows, turning to address his giant fire bear as she draws up behind him.  "Bitey, you wanna help melt stuff?"  The bear seems to need a second to think it over, but she nods.  "Yeah, Bitey can totally do it. She's super good with fire."

He squirms a bit, huddling into Gold.  A cold lump is settling into his stomach, and it- doesn't seem to be anyone else's doing, so it's his own emotions?  Why?  

"I can use my Blaze Kick to keep my legs ablaze for anyone who wants to follow directly behind me," Lexa offers, his stomach flipping.  "If your dragon goes first, then Bitey, and then myself, that should give us enough heat to get everyone up before it hardens again. Though it will still be slick,"

"Sounds like a good plan. The rest of us will follow you in a line then."  She turns to address Azelf, who- oh, he was staring at him?  How did he not notice that?  "Do you mind floating behind us to make sure no one slips?"

Where the heck is his head and why?

❤️

♋️14 Badges♋️
little fairy

Azelf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Azelf on Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:05 pm

Alph Ruins - Cabin || Evening || 50

"Bitey can help!"  Oh, that's right.  She is a fire type.  Thank goodness they have no shortage of those!  "Bitey, you wanna help melt stuff?"  ... She wouldn't really consider against it, would she?

He releases a breath he didn't know he'd been holding when she nods.  "Yeah, Bitey can totally do it. She's super good with fire."

Prince's little body moves oddly, and it's only thanks to his peripherals that he catches it, head moving to watch the little one more closely.  He'd been quiet for the whole trip, though perhaps not exactly happy or content, but nothing seemed to be wrong before.  Is there something wrong now or did his mind play a game with him...?

"I can use my Blaze Kick to keep my legs ablaze for anyone who wants to follow directly behind me,"  Oh, no; his mind was not playing games.  Prince's eyes widen, brows scrunching together into confused and worried folds.  "If your dragon goes first, then Bitey, and then myself, that should give us enough heat to get everyone up before it hardens again. Though it will still be slick,"

"Sounds like a good plan," Cynthia agrees. "The rest of us will follow you in a line then."  Wait, now she's looking at him.  He turns his eyes to meet hers, still watching Prince out of the corner of his eye.  "Do you mind floating behind us to make sure no one slips?"

Does he agree or disagree?  It's not like Prince would be alone...

"... No," he says slowly after a moment's consideration, "I would not mind. Lead the way, ma'am."

Ψ Warnings Manager Ψ

Silverishness
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Silverishness on Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:36 pm

Post 29||Post 20

Sinjoh Ruins||Morning

"I can use my Blaze Kick to keep my legs ablaze for anyone who wants to follow directly behind me." Silver immediately went behind her; there was no way he was passing up on that opportunity. "If your dragon goes first, then Bitey, and then myself, that should give us enough heat to get everyone up before it hardens again. Though it will still be slick." Silver rolled his eyes as Gold snickered at her last statement. Ugh. Fucking juvenile.

"Sounds like a good plan," Cynthia agreed. "The rest of us will follow you in a line then." She turned to Azelf. "Do you mind floating behind us to make sure no one slips?"

"... No," he answered after a moment's hesitation. What, did he have different ideas? "I would not mind. Lead the way, ma'am."

Gold noticed the strange squirming and fidgeting against his chest, then looked down to the little Ralts in his care. "Hey, you ok, buddy?" he murmured down to Prince. His cheery disposition remained, beaming down to Prince. "Don't worry, I'll keep you safe and warm."

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Phoenix on Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:50 pm

Sinjoh Ruins | Morning
L-43 / A-66

The boyish snicker from behind her had Lexa huffing loudly, almost a snort, towards Gold as the large fire bird showed her displeasure by such immature mockery of her perfectly legitimate statement. Honestly she didn't think him capable of acting his age and would probably continue being the life of the part well into old age. If he made it that long. In this new world there were no guarantees for even making it to tomorrow.

"Sounds like a good plan. The rest of us will follow you in a line then." Lexa nodded and loosened her grip on Anubis to take up place behind the other fire type. The Lucario noticed the small Ralts in Gold's embrace hadn't stopped staring even as others continued talking around him until the mention of fire. Why was he suddenly so nervous? He had been okay with the fire in the cabin hadn't he?

"Hey, you ok, buddy?" He heard Gold murmur causing his suspicions to grow. "Don't worry, I'll keep you safe and warm." So he was nervous. He didn't know what there was to be nervous about, fire was a wonderful thing. It brought back memories of Mother and the Gym, the heat from the volcano blanketing them all as they trained and lived as one. Fire was like the color of Mother's hair, bright and warm and barely contained as it grew a life of its own.

Anubis found himself smiling as the memories flooded him and he felt himself relaxing into the nostalgia. Thinking about the good times was far better than thinking about the grave and he wanted to lose himself in it. The small creature responded to emotions so maybe, just maybe, he could show that there was nothing to be afraid of. That fire, like so many other things, was only frightening if misunderstood. It was dangerous but not if you knew how to respect it.

Warmth, light, life....home.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:28 pm