Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the outbreak.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Catalyst. The Banner was made by Lady Silverfishes. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

(ELITE) The SINJOH Team

Nightfall
Centurion
Centurion

Re: (ELITE) The SINJOH Team

Post by Nightfall on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:02 pm

Ruins of Alph (Underground Chambers)/??? (112)

Khan peered through the darkness at the wall they had stopped by. Judging by Cynthia's excitement, it was clearly something of significance. In the centre of it was a sphere, and surrounding it were human worshipers, raising their hands to its radiance. Clearly, that sphere represented Arceus.

As the group moved on, Khan paused to take a closer look to see if he could spot any secret or subliminal details in the carvings; anything that would help Cynthia. Her enthusiasm rolled off her aura in waves; it was almost infectious.

He was so engrossed that he did not notice the dark eyes glaring at him from within the darkness. His aura sensors caught onto the presence with a violent twitch, but a moment too late. The Kadabra sprung out from the shadows and latched itself onto Khan's side. Before he could react, or even cry out for help, a flash of light blinded him and the stone walls of the ruins melted away as he vanished.

((It's so very painful to do this, but I must cut back. Thanks for having me; maybe I'll be back one day <3))
Starbits
Elite
Elite

Post by Starbits on Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:06 pm

Alph Ruins - Underground | ??? | 40

"We should be-"

"This sounds amazing!" Gold yells, jumping up and cutting Lexa off with his enthusiasm.  The feeling is like a balm to his battered soul, the fairy eagerly savoring the taste of Gold's emotions as they pour into him.  He doesn't seem particularly bright, but he's friendly enough, and also positive-- god, how he has needed that.  It's the glue keeping the fractures of his mind together.  Maybe he should try asking Azelf to float over by Gold more often...

"I'm 100 percent ready, Cynthia. Let's get to that Sinjoh place-- I want to see it! Working together, we should be able to do anything, right? We can do it!"

Maybe they can, or maybe they can't, but what have any of them got to lose, really?

He glances around at the others, attention stolen by a quiet, but not whispered, voice remarking upon the situation to someone else.  "Looks like we found a bunch of religious nuts." the red haired boy says to the fire bird, and apparently, Azelf hears too, because Gold's enthusiasm is punctured by pain and accompanied by his guardian flinching a bit. "Should at least be interesting, though, right?"

"Should be."  She accepts his help up,  but her answer is neutral enough to take just the very edge of Prince's growing fury off.  

"Are you alright...?"  His voice is pitifully small.  For a moment he feels sorry for him, and then is reminded of his cruelty towards Azelf.

"Just the old complaint acting up again, it will settle. We should keep going though, we may be able to find a way out alongside them."  He turns his head away before Anubis can notice him watching, though he feels the eyes on his back.  It's a struggle to resist the urge to turn around and glare at him, but picking fights right now isn't a good idea.

"Garchomp." Cynthia starts leading the group onwards, picking her way carefully over the rubble of the creepy stone Rhydon they'd ruined. "I want you to stay out with me."

"Of course."  She nuzzles her and Cynthia hugs her.  A feeling of peace blooms inside him, and he struggles to latch onto it, to keep that feeling with him and absorb it into his own being.  Too soon it's gone, but he at least feels calmer.  It's something.

For a long time they walk in silence.  Cynthia stops them occasionally to check the walls, probably looking for more ancient texts or symbols to point them in the right direction.  It's monotonous and Prince finds himself slipping into bouts of dozing, his body pleading for him to at least try to make up for all the lost rest in the past months.

"Wait..." He's jerked from his sleep by a swishing sound, and Prince shifts in Azelf's arms to watch her come to a stop beside a wall.  There are pictures engraved-- a sphere and little stick people worshipping it.  Is that...?

"I haven't seen one of these yet. You think this is the right way?"

Probably.  If they haven't seen it yet, then it's definitely a sign they're at least not going in circles.

"It's something, at least."  Exactly what he just said.  Thought.  Close enough. "This looks a lot like the carving in the Celestic Ruins - Arceus was depicted as a sphere in there as well."

So that is Arceus!  He perks a bit, eyes brightening slightly.

"Let's remember our second theory about that one," Garchomp pointed out. "At one point we thought it might be depicting Palkia or Dialga--"

Or... not.  He can't help but deflate a little.

"Let's go this way."  Azelf hurries to follow her, but a brilliant flash that lights up the hallway from behind them gives him pause.  He turns around, alarmed, Prince's fear spiking along with his as he does a quick head count of the people who are behind him, then turns around to complete it with the people who are ahead of them.

Wait we're missing someone- Khan?  Khan where's Khan!?

i'll take you back where you belong
and this'll be our favorite song

||profile||desktop||Admin Azelf||starbits shop||trainersona||
♋14 Badges♋
little fairy

Azelf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Azelf on Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:49 am

Alph Ruins - Undergound || ??? || 43

"We should be-"

"This sounds amazing!" Gold is beyond excited, enthusiasm radiating from him.  Azelf had to admit it was contagious, finding himself smiling along faintly.

"I'm 100 percent ready, Cynthia. Let's get to that Sinjoh place-- I want to see it! Working together, we should be able to do anything, right? We can do it!"

After all, they may as well finish what they set out to do.  Father can help, and the sooner they reach that help, the better.  For the entire world.

"Looks like we found a bunch of religious nuts." The quiet but clear and disdainful statement isn't that hard to hear, and Azelf feels himself jerk a little despite his best efforts to remain still. "Should at least be interesting, though, right?"

"Should be."  He makes sure not to look, his face hot.

"Are you alright...?"  The pixie's heart aches for him.  He sounds so small...

"Just the old complaint acting up again, it will settle. We should keep going though, we may be able to find a way out alongside them."  

"Garchomp." Their leader begins to make her way over the destroyed statue.  Azelf follows. "I want you to stay out with me."

"Of course."  They nuzzle and hug for a moment and he can't help but smile again, even if it's a small one.  If only there were more good humans out there like this one...

The journey is, for a while, long and silent.  Azelf watches Cythia this track their progress via the cave carvings, cuddling a dozing Prince in his arms.  It's not a half bad way to spend the time, listening to her talk about them.

"Wait..." He looks from the engraving he was examining to Cynthia, mouth opening at the sight of the sphere being worshipped.

"I haven't seen one of these yet. You think this is the right way?"

If they haven't seen it yet then they must be going the right way.  Please.

"It's something, at least. This looks a lot like the carving in the Celestic Ruins - Arceus was depicted as a sphere in there as well."

His heart rate picks up and he floats closer to look at it, staring up at the depiction of his father in awe.

"Let's remember our second theory about that one." Second theory...? "At one point we thought it might be depicting Palkia or Dialga--"

Oh...

He feels Prince deflate too.

"Let's go this way."  As he moves to follow the hallway lights up from behind, the pixie stopping in fear and looking over his shoulder.  One, two, three, four, five, six-

Wait.

"Where's Khan."  Oh no.  Oh no- did that light take him?

Ψ Warnings Manager Ψ

Es gibt nichts schlimmeres als die unwissenheit in aktion.
Silverishness
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Silverishness on Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:02 am

Post 20||Post 11

Ruins of Alph- Underground||???

It seemed that the intense moments were over. Gold was back to being obnoxious and optimistic, Lexa was recovering, Anubis was calming from his livid outburst, and Cynthia and her dragon were hugging. Silver gave a small sigh and was content to follow, withdrawing whatever pokemon he had left back into their balls to make the corridor less crowded. It was time to move, finally.

They traveled for some time with Cynthia occasionally chatting more or less to herself about certain statues or murals that were along the way. Silver stayed quiet during the mini-lectures, as most of the time it felt like she wasn't really talking to them. Gold, however, didn't seem to notice and commented whenever he deemed fit, which was almost always. It was a wonder he was able to restrain himself from choking his old rival.

As they continued down the monotonous scenery, Silver found himself beginning to shiver. How was it getting so cold already? How long had they been walking? Granted, he was fairly sensitive to cold anyway, so maybe it was just the tunnels' nature to be a little more on the frigid side? "Wait..." Silver casually glanced to Cynthia, his arms folded over his chest. What had she found now?

Her dragon inspected the depiction with as much interest as her trainer, something Silver would have found endearing if he weren't so jaded by the Champion already. "I haven't seen one of these yet. You think this is the right way?"

"It's something, at least," Cynthia admitted. "This looks a lot like the carving in the Celestic Ruins - Arceus was depicted as a sphere in there as well." Silver couldn't suppress the eyeroll. What a load of crock... Really, he was more embarrassed for her than anything, believing in a myth like Arceus. She was a grown-ass woman.

"Let's remember our second theory about that one." While Silver found it little more than ridiculous, Gold was absolutely fascinated with the possible implications and mythos. "At one point we thought it might be depicting Palkia or Dialga--"

"Let's go this way." Cynthia rather rudely cut off her own dragon, earning another notch of disapproval from Silver. What a fucking bitch. As she led the way, however, a light brightened the tunnel for a split second. What the shit-- Silver whirled around to see nothing but darkness. Gold didn't seem to notice, but...

Azelf at least noticed. "Where's Khan."

Gold paused and looked back, hands on his backpack straps. "He's... Oh." He looked around, blinking in surprise. "Uh oh."

Silver snatched a ball from his belt and produced a Jolteon-- Raider. She shook herself and glanced around, pausing when she saw the dire looks on the people and Pokemon around her. "Raider, there's a Lucario nearby. Or should be. Can you smell him?"

The Jolteon blinked and stared pointedly at Anubis. "Uhm...?"

"No, not him-- another one."

She sniffed the air and trotted back to the other relief not a few feet from where they were. "I smell something here, but it's... The scent trail just stops." She shrugged. "Maybe Teleport, do you think? Kinda smells like Cacus over here, too."

"Abra are plenty around here," he supplied grimly to the others, turning and gesturing Raider to come back to his side. "I caught mine above these ruins. Maybe... one managed to get him."

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Phoenix on Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:53 pm

Ruins of Alph - Underground | ???
L-34 / A-58

They followed Cynthia blindly for what seemed like forever, Anubis twitching and scratching at his forearms to have something to occupy his mind. Lexa kept close to him to try and soothe his nerves but the blonde leading them didn't help matters with her inane chattering. At least to Anubis it was. Lexa was able to tune the woman out for the most part, only half listening for any potentially important information. She was more focused on finding a way out not a way further in.

The Lucario was doing his best not to reach out into the world around him but a sharp, sour aura invaded his senses and made him freeze in place. Lexa nearly ran into the boy when he suddenly whirled around but only managed to be blinded by a bright flash of light. Silver slowed down after the illumination faded but no one seemed to have actually seen what it was. After a minute, though, people started to get the idea that something was off.

"Where's Khan."

Anubis whimpered as he slowly walked over to where the other aura user had once been. He could still feel the lingering malignance of the aura that had formerly occupied the space and another pained whimper escaped him. "Anubis..." Lexa queried softly, resting her hand on his shoulder. "You're frightened. Tell me why." He shook his head and closed his eyes instead, trying to reach out for the other Lucario's aura to see if was still in the area.

Lexa watched as a small Jolteon appeared and began sniffing about, answering to Silver as he gave her commands to help search. "Raider, there's a Lucario nearby. Or should be. Can you smell him?" She seemed confused when she noticed Anubis standing in the same aforementioned spot and Lexa couldn't help but smile at the misunderstanding. It was not a good time to be smiling but the little fox was cute.

She looked around a bit, sniffing and pacing the area, but eventually she had to surrender that the Lucario was gone. "I smell something here, but it's... The scent trail just stops." She shrugged. "Maybe Teleport, do you think? Kinda smells like Cacus over here, too."

"Abra are plenty around here. I caught mine above these ruins. Maybe... one managed to get him."

It was then that Anubis finally opened his eyes and turned to Silver, eyes watering as fear filled his heart. "Dead...." he said slowly, voice shaky and weak. "The one that took him....it was dead."
Cynthia
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Cynthia on Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:55 pm

Ruins of Alph (Underground Chambers) || Time Unknown
(34)

Cynthia was lost in her thoughts as she progressed through the dimly lit corridor; the statues on either side were ignored this time. Thankfully, her faithful Garchomp was paying close attention to their surroundings should an undead appear, and Guinevere jerked violently when a flash of bright light illuminated the area behind them. Cynthia's focus was only broken when the Garchomp's claw touched her arm. The human turned around to see what was troubling her dragon, and when she finally looked at the rest of the group, she could tell something was wrong. She did a mental headcount, and she realized that they were short one Lucario..

Before either of them could speak, Azelf figured out what was wrong, "Where's Khan." Oh... The friendly Lucario that had been so interested in what she had to say...  Where could he have gone?

The younger Lucario slowly walked over to where Kahn had likely been standing, and even from this distance, the champion could see that Anubis was terribly upset. Lexa stood close to him, likely to comfort him, but any words were swallowed by the distance between them. She could see Anubis' aura readers stand up, and she could tell he was searching for Kahn's aura.

Silver took a different approach and called out an adorable Jolteon, "Raider, there's a Lucario nearby. Or should be. Can you smell him?"

Raider gave a pointed look in Anubis' direction, "Uhm...?"

"No, not him-- another one," the young trainer clarified.

The eeveelution sniffed the area rather quickly and announced, "I smell something here, but it's... The scent trail just stops." Cynthia knew that that could only mean one thing, and the Jolteon's thoughts coincided with hers, "Maybe Teleport, do you think? Kinda smells like Cacus over here, too." The random name gave Cynthia pause as she tried to figure out who or what a "Cacus" was.

The answer was quick, "Abra are plenty around here, I caught mine above these ruins. Maybe... one managed to get him." She had known that Abra were common in this area, and it only now occurred to her that she should have warned them of the problem. She had been so eager to move forward through the ruins that she hadn't thought to tell anyone about it. Honestly, she had thought that most of them would have been dead at this point. Obviously not. This was... the second time? That an Abra had grabbed someone in their group.  

Guinevere and Cynthia had walked back to the group to gather around the spot where Kahn had disappeared in time to hear the young Lucario's voice whimper out, "Dead.... The one that took him....it was dead." There was a surge of guilt in Cynthia as she felt her inability to protect this small group that had formed around her and her mission. With Kahn's disappearance, the original group she had encountered was completely gone. She reached a hand out to grab Guin's arm as she steeled herself for what had to happen next.

Cynthia's voice was quiet as she spoke, "If you can't sense him nearby... then there's no telling where that Teleport could have taken him..." She added with a bit more confidence, "He was a strong Pokemon, though... He has a good chance of getting through it..." With a heavy heart, she stated, "I... I have to keep moving forward. I can't let everyone's sacrifice go to waste." Stopping to grieve would only hold them up more, and who knows what could grab them at this point? They were so close. Maybe a few more hallways and they'd be there. As much as it hurt to do so, she turned from the spot, and continued down the hallway with Guinevere joining her.
Starbits
Elite
Elite

Post by Starbits on Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:37 pm

Alph Ruins - Underground | ??? | 40

Anubis is quick to move to where Khan was likely standing before he disapeared.  His bird friend whispers something to him, everything about her gestures gentle and comforting, but what she says, Prince can't hear.  Silver wastes no further time sending someone out to help; a Jolteon.

"Raider, there's a Lucario nearby. Or should be. Can you smell him?"

The Jolteon stares at Anubis. "Uhm...?"

... Why would he think his trainer would be talking about that one?  He has to give his human more credit than that.

He sniffs around the area, but...

Prince can tell before he speaks what his answer will be.

"I smell something here, but it's... The scent trail just stops."

Teleport.

"Maybe Teleport, do you think? Kinda smells like Cacus over here, too."

He struggles through the wave of pain that rolls through several members of the group, choking back a sob as he rubs at his eyes.

"Abra are plenty around here, I caught mine above these ruins. Maybe... one managed to get him." S

Anubis confirms what they already know, sounding close to tears, himself.  "Dead.... The one that took him....it was dead."

Cynthia steadies herself against her dragon, her voice unusually quiet-- she wasn't a loud person but this was quiet even for her, and the pain boiling inside her is insight enough as to why, and Prince feels the tears fall down his face.  This time, he makes no attempt to stop them and instead buries his face in Azelf's chest.  "If you can't sense him nearby... then there's no telling where that Teleport could have taken him..."

Hope, small but at least there at all, flickers a little inside her.  He tries to grasp it, absorb it as his own, but it doesn't quite work.  "He was a strong Pokemon, though... He has a good chance of getting through it..."

There is a moment's pause, but only a moment, and her voice remains steady when she makes her decision.  "I... I have to keep moving forward. I can't let everyone's sacrifice go to waste."

... She can't.  That'd be wrong.  It also feels wrong to leave Khan behind without trying harder, but he knows the power Teleport has.  Azelf has transported him huge distances in the past before.  There is no telling where Khan is, though...

He most likely is alive.  

"O-okay."  He rubs at his eyes again, trying and failing to swallow the lump lodged in his throat.  "He-he'd be m-mad if we st-stopped to look for him."

♋14 Badges♋
little fairy

Azelf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Azelf on Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:01 pm

Alph Ruins - Undergound || ??? || 44

The young Lucario tries to find any trace of their friend and it's clear from his body language that whatever his sensors has discovered, it's not good.  Lexa attempts to comfort him, softly exchanging words with him (or trying to, it looks like) but judging from Prince wilting a little in his arms, it's not working.  Unsurprising, but she had to try anyway, as Azelf well understands.  

He doesn't turn his head, but the popping noise of a pokeball is unmistable, as is Silver's voice.  "Raider, there's a Lucario nearby. Or should be. Can you smell him?"

The Jolteon, now in his line of sight, stops to stare at Anubis rather than sniff the area. "Uhm...?"

"No, not him-- another one."  At the clarification he begins to sniff around.  It's a waste of time, most likely; anything that could be in and out that quickly with an unwilling participant in tow has to be a teleporter.  Nothing else would fit, unless- well to be fair, he can't claim to be an expert on his fellow Pokemon.  Living under a literal rock for so many years and having only seen a small portion of what the humans call Sinnoh... well, maybe there's a kind of Pokemon that could appear, grab Khan, and leave without needing to teleport.  If that's the case, maybe they really are nearby...?

"I smell something here, but it's... The scent trail just stops."

... It was... worth hoping, anyway.

"Maybe Teleport, do you think? Kinda smells like Cacus over here, too."

The pixie nods mutely, fairly sure no one saw but not trusting his voice at the moment.  The nod will have to do.

"Abra are plenty around here, I caught mine above these ruins. Maybe... one managed to get him."

"Dead.... The one that took him....it was dead."  His heart almost breaks.  He's so young; why should he know such grief?

Even the steadfast Cynthia is emotional, and Azelf has to commend her ability to remain calm.  Her voice is hesitant and wavers a little at the beginning, but strengthens as she continues.  "If you can't sense him nearby... then there's no telling where that Teleport could have taken him... He was a strong Pokemon, though... He has a good chance of getting through it..."

He can practically feel the determination radiating from her being.

"I... I have to keep moving forward. I can't let everyone's sacrifice go to waste."

This is why he was created.

This is why Father gave him life.

To bless the humans and Pokemon with this unstoppable force called willpower.

"O-okay."  Azelf's head snaps back a bit.  Prince is speaking- Prince is speaking.

If Prince is speaking than his own resolve is steeling.

"He-he'd be m-mad if we st-stopped to look for him."

"Yes."  He hates to say this, hates it deeply, but the little fairy is right.  Khan would be furious with them if they dared give up on this mission to search for him when he wasn't able to be found.  Would he be so angry if he hadn't been taken and had merely fallen, or would otherwise be able to be recovered by the group?  Who can say.  But there's no chance of finding him, so there's little point in pondering on if there was.

The fire in him flares.

"That is true.  And if we can't find him, then we owe it to him to continue onwards.  He believed in this mission and repaying him with abandoning it would be awful of us.  We've come this far.  It won't be long now before we finish this."

Ψ Warnings Manager Ψ

Silverishness
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Silverishness on Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:28 pm

Post 21||Post 12

Ruins of Alph- Underground||???

"Dead.... The one that took him....it was dead." Well, there it was. That was it, then. Silver's eyes cast downward; the other Lucario was gone. There was no telling where the fighter was at this point, and with Anubis' confirmation, Raider made her way back to her trainer. Nothing could be done for him.

Cynthia needed no explanation. Silver's eyes went to her a moment as she struggled with herself and the dilemma put before her as the unspoken leader of the group. "If you can't sense him nearby... then there's no telling where that Teleport could have taken him... He was a strong Pokemon, though... He has a good chance of getting through it..." The ginger youth quirked a brow at her, unsure if this kind of reckless determination was applaudable or not. Though he had to admit to himself that were he in her shoes, he would likely make the same decision. Especially if it wasn't one of his own. "I... I have to keep moving forward. I can't let everyone's sacrifice go to waste."

"O-okay." Both Silver and Gold turned to look a the tiny fairy in Azelf's arms, the former far more surprised by his vocal addition to the conversation. "He-he'd be m-mad if we st-stopped to look for him."

"Yes," the Legend confirmed. "That is true. And if we can't find him, then we owe it to him to continue onwards. He believed in this mission and repaying him with abandoning it would be awful of us. We've come this far. It won't be long now before we finish this."

"I believe in us," Gold proudly stated. "Khan believed, right? We just gotta keep moving forward. No matter what. If even one of us makes it to the Butt God, this mission will have been a success, right?"

The ideology of Gold's simple speech only caused Silver to think of his traveling companions. The poor remaining Lucario was distressed enough by his disappearing kin and the earlier argument about God, Silver wasn't completely sure how he would take Gold's reckless optimism. Still, it was better than reckless melancholy. "Moving on is our only hope, and will remain our only hope until we get out of these tunnels," he reasoned, choosing to leave the whole God thing out. "It's the right call."

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Phoenix on Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:53 am

Ruins of Alph - Underground | ???
L-35 / A-59

"If you can't sense him nearby... then there's no telling where that Teleport could have taken him... He was a strong Pokemon, though... He has a good chance of getting through it..." The platitude did little to settle the fragile mind of the Lucario as he began to once again scratch at his arms. Lexa grabbed his paws and held them still so that his claws wouldn't cause any damage as Cynthia continued. "I... I have to keep moving forward. I can't let everyone's sacrifice go to waste."

The Blaziken was impressed by the female's determination. She would have actually bet the woman to want to mourn and had to admire that the woman recognized the severity of their situation called for the difficult decision to press on regardless of their feelings. Perhaps she was worthy of being called a Champion after all. But Anubis had an entirely different reaction.

He listened as the others all gave their consent for moving on, his horror increasing as each one of them simply passed the other Lucario off as a lost cause. The champion, fairy, the "legend", the idiot...all of them didn't care at all. "Have none of you any souls?!" he cried out in desperation. He just wanted someone to actually think about their fallen comrade for two goddamn seconds. "He was one of you and you just....it's like you don't even care! If the blonde went missing you would all care! Or the useless Legend! But because it was just some nobody you all get to act like that's the price of being forced to follow her pathetic, misguided beliefs? For a God that doesn't even care about us?"

"Anubis it's okay, things are-"

"No! It's not okay! Leaving someone to die....someone you can help....it's never okay...." The Lucario broke down in tears once again and Lexa was at a loss as to how to help him. Her best option at this point was to just knock him out and carry him but the boy wouldn't trust her again if she did that. "Moving on is our only hope, and will remain our only hope until we get out of these tunnels." Silver's logic, while seemingly cold and calculated and not even directed at the hound, seemed to strike a cord in Anubis's hollow desperation. "But-"

"It's the right call."

"O-okay..." Defeated he felt his emotions slip away again until he was just a quite shell, much the same as he was when he and Lexa first met the redhead. The Blaziken helped the canine back to his feet and tucked her arm around his shoulders so he would walk with her. She offered a sympathetic nod to Cynthia, along with a thank you to Silver, and nodded for them to continue. She would keep Anubis calm as they went along their way, or at least as calm as she could. Nothing about this situation was easy for the fragile boy.
Cynthia
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Cynthia on Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:16 am

Ruins of Alph (Underground Chambers) || Evening
(35)

Cynthia was surprised to hear the small fairy speak up, and his voice was thick with emotion. "O-okay. He-he'd be m-mad if we st-stopped to look for him." She almost wanted to scoop the child into her arms to comfort him, but he had Azelf holding onto him. He also knew Azelf better and would likely dislike it if someone who was practically a stranger trying to touch him right now.

Azelf had a sturdier voice, and she could feel her own resolve strengthen. He was the spirit of determination, a voice in her head reminded her. Even being around him could inspire willpower. "Yes. That is true.  And if we can't find him, then we owe it to him to continue onwards.  He believed in this mission and repaying him with abandoning it would be awful of us.  We've come this far.  It won't be long now before we finish this."

Gold's optimism was... special, but it was still appreciated. "I believe in us. Khan believed, right? We just gotta keep moving forward. No matter what. If even one of us makes it to the Butt God, this mission will have been a success, right?" Well... it mostly depended on whoever was holding the Azure flute getting there, but she wasn't going to correct him on specifics. Not when he was sweet enough to verbally agree with her difficult decision.

Cynthia paused to send a grateful smile back to the others, but she worried about Anubis. He looked utterly horrified at the others and  cried out, "Have none of you any souls?!" Guinevere felt her trainer's grip on her arm tighten; the accusation was tearing at the stitches of an old wound. There were no other physical indicators of the blonde's grief, and she quickly steeled herself against the old guilt. She hoped that the little fairy hadn't picked up on it. "He was one of you and you just....it's like you don't even care! If the blonde went missing you would all care! Or the useless Legend! But because it was just some nobody you all get to act like that's the price of being forced to follow her pathetic, misguided beliefs? For a God that doesn't even care about us?" No, she couldn't think about Michael and her missing Elite Four members now. She had been accused of similar things back when she had escaped the Sinnoh League, but she had had to think about all the civilians and trainers that she had to guide to safety. She couldn't stop for them because so many other lives had depended on her. Just like now.

Lexa tried to calm the emotional Lucario, "Anubis it's okay, things are-"

Anubis wasn't having it, however, "No! It's not okay! Leaving someone to die....someone you can help....it's never okay...." While Cynthia knew he was in pain and couldn't fault him for his views, the words burrowed deep into her heart. She knew. It hurt. But she was the champion then, and she was still the champion who had to make this decision. She hadn't stopped when Famaer disappeared, when the black Noivern and strange white quadrupedal Pokemon were brutally killed by that powerful undead, or when almost the entire group she had started with had vanished.

Silver's cold logic at least didn't involve the god that obviously angered the young Lucario. He plainly stated, "Moving on is our only hope, and will remain our only hope until we get out of these tunnels." Even if they didn't want to participate in the end goal of her mission, they were better off with a group of survivors.  

"But-"

Silver's tone was unwavering, "It's the right call." Cynthia sent a grateful look in Silver's direction as the young Lucario finally backed down.

"O-okay..." Anubis sounded so broken that even though he had accidentally touched a sore spot, Cynthia couldn't help but feel sad for him. He sounded and acted so young, and he had lost his trainer in this horrible epidemic. She couldn't blame him for being so angry at the world, and she wished that there was something she could do for him. Thankfully, he had Lexa, who helped him stand and supported the Lucario with an arm around his shoulders.

With everything settled, she mentally said her goodbyes to Kahn and lead the group down the accursed corridor, and this time she was much more alert to her surroundings. She wouldn't let another Abra pick off her group. She paused to look at some more markings, and she was visibly more excited. "Almost there!" One more turn, and this hallway had a noticeable temperature drop. It was also much darker, and she had to slow down to ensure her and Guinevere's footing. The cold winter wind couldn't reach them this far in, but soon they'd have to go out into the weather.

"We're almost outside, she cautioned, "And it looks like night has fallen." She then informed them, "There should be a cabin right by this exit... I used to study here along with some other researchers... If it's still standing, it might be a good stopping place for the night." She added, "Even if you don't wish to accompany me to the cave beyond that, please at least stay until morning. Winter nights in the mountains can be dangerous." Her hand reached into her coat pocket, and she released her own Lucario again. With Kahn gone and Anubis really needing a break, she felt it necessary to have her own Lucario out to sense for danger.

"We're almost there?"

She quickly answered, "Very close. We're going to see if that cabin is still standing and take a breather." Then she asked, "Do you sense anything nearby?"

Fenrir closed his eyes as he used his aura readers to sense any beings outside, before answering, "No. Seems clear."

Guinevere was antsy to keep moving, "It feels like there might be a storm brewing, we better check that place out before night sets in."

Nodding, Cynthia followed Fenrir and Guinevere into the fading light, and she quickly looked over the snow covered ground for any signs of things that could be a problem. It wasn't as if she didn't trust Fenrir, but she often felt more secure looking with her own eyes. She waited for the rest of the group to follow her outside before continuing in the direction she was certain the cabin was in.

The trek was short, and one could glimpse the rustic but sturdy building through the snow laden trees. Cynthia and her mons remained alert, and without asking, Fenrir once again scanned the area for hostiles. Cynthia waited for him to finish and his headshake to indicate that he sensed nothing before walking straight to the door. The outside of the cabin looked decent. It didn't look like it had suffered any attacks on the outside, and Cynthia hoped that that boded well for the inside. She was surprised when the cold knob turned easily and the door opened; she hadn't expected the door to be unlocked. Guinevere immediately yanked her trainer to the side of the door in case there was a trap, but the caution proved unnecessary as the door simply swung back closed with no further incident. With much more caution, Cynthia tentatively opened the door again and stepped inside with her Pokemon right on her heels. It was easy to see that the researchers had left in a hurry, with old papers, books, and other paraphernalia lying on the floor, but otherwise, the rooms were fine. She came back to the door to call out, "Come on in, it seems safe. Though watch your step, there's stuff all over the floor."
Starbits
Elite
Elite

Post by Starbits on Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:11 pm

Alph Ruins - Underground | ??? | 41

Gold's answer is typically strange but... comforting.  His optimism is warm and soothing, and Prince manages the shadow of a smile.  They can do this.  They can-

"Have none of you any souls?!"

Grief.

Was that one source?  Two sources?  More?  It had to be more because there was some coming from him, too; it was drowning him.  The fairy breaks down into quiet sobs, unable to withstand the sudden assault.

"He was one of you and you just....it's like you don't even care! If the blonde went missing you would all care! Or the useless Legend! But because it was just some nobody you all get to act like that's the price of being forced to follow her pathetic, misguided beliefs? For a God that doesn't even care about us?"

The grief is there, but now there's another emotion.  And this time he can absolutely identify the source; that rage burns far too hot and bright to come from anywhere but himself.

"Anubis it's okay, things are-"
"No! It's not okay! Leaving someone to die....someone you can help....it's never okay...."

As if they're leaving him to die when they all already came to the painful realization that there is nothing they can do!

Paralyzed by fury, he misses his opportunity, yet again, to speak.  Silver takes that from him, and a gentle hand covers his mouth-- the pixie's insurance that he will indeed not speak, and instead leave things to Silver.  "Moving on is our only hope, and will remain our only hope until we get out of these tunnels."

"But-"
"It's the right call."

"O-okay..."

Finally, he shuts up.

He doesn't deserve Lexa.  Prince seethes as he watches the bird care for the canine.

Azelf cuddles him as he floats along, giving Prince a nuzzle when the fairy whines faintly in protest.

Let me talk please please let me give him a piece of my mind.

No.

It had been a long time since Azelf chose this method to speak to him, and he starts in shock before recovering.

Please Azzy, please?  He's such a-

It is cruelty borne of trauma.  It's not right for him to speak this way to others, no, but there are special circumstances and now is not the time to have a talk about them.  Later, please.

... Fine.  For you.

"Almost there!"  Both jolt at the voice, fixing her with twin stares of surprise that change to hope.

"We're almost outside And it looks like night has fallen."

There was a way out!?  The way to the shrine included being outside!?  Prince's eyes light up and he clasps his hands to his chest in sudden, wild delight that makes his head spin with its force.

"There should be a cabin right by this exit... I used to study here along with some other researchers... If it's still standing, it might be a good stopping place for the night. Even if you don't wish to accompany me to the cave beyond that, please at least stay until morning. Winter nights in the mountains can be dangerous."

"Oh, yes," he remarks, only half paying attention to his own words.  "Those are awful."

He feels the worried look from Azelf more than he sees it.

"We're almost there?"

"Very close. We're going to see if that cabin is still standing and take a breather... Do you sense anything nearby?"

"No. Seems clear."

"It feels like there might be s storm brewing, we better check that place out before night sets in."

Despite the omonious promise that observation held, the remainder of the way to the cabin is thankfully void of obstacles.  Prince allows a hum of relief to escape as he sags against his protector at the sight of the cabin.

"Come on in, it seems safe. Though watch your step, there's stuff all over the floor."

"Stuff?"  What kind of stuff, he wonders?  As Azelf carries him inside, his eyes dart around, suddenly paranoid all over again as he presses against the legend and tenses, unable to feel safe without first personally checking for danger.

♋14 Badges♋
little fairy

Azelf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Azelf on Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:39 pm

Alph Ruins - Undergound || ??? || 45

"I believe in us."

Azelf looked over at the young man, his quiet sadness melting into a small smile of relief and gratitude. Thank you, Gold.

"Khan believed, right? We just gotta keep moving forward. No matter what. If even one of us makes it to the Butt God, this mission will have been a success, right?"

He's still stuck on that? Well... "butt god" or not, the sentiment is there, and... it's comforting for someone to be so plain about their confidence.

"Have none of you any souls?!"

As soon as he feels better, the bit of comfort flees.

"He was one of you and you just....it's like you don't even care! If the blonde went missing you would all care! Or the useless Legend! But because it was just some nobody you all get to act like that's the price of being forced to follow her pathetic, misguided beliefs? For a God that doesn't even care about us?"

He opens his mouth to speak and then closes it as Lexa moves to calm her friend down. "Anubis it's okay, things are-"

"No! It's not okay! Leaving someone to die....someone you can help....it's never okay...."

But... they're not...

In his grief, though, of course he finds that difficult to accept.

Prince tenses in his arms, the small fairy shaking, and he presses a hand to the Ralts's mouth to shush him before he can speak. Prince's words would only make the situation more volatile.

"Moving on is our only hope, and will remain our only hope until we get out of these tunnels." He nods in agreement, unsure what about Silver would make the fact any easier for Anubis to accept but grateful when he nonetheless finally relents. Maybe he already liked Silver. Whatever the reason, at least they can now move forward.

Physically, at least. He can name one person who is definitely not moving forward, not inside his head. He gives him an absent-minded nuzzle to pacify him when he whines.

It's not anything he particularly wants to do, but he should probably probe his mind to see if he can speak directly to him in private. Maybe he can convince Prince to keep quiet until a better opportuntiy to clear the air presents itself. Carefully, he reaches into the fairy's mind to find Prince talking to himself.

Let me talk please please let me give him a piece of my mind.

No, he's quick to shoot back. The fairy tenses in surprise.

Please Azzy, please?  He's such a-

It is cruelty borne of trauma.  It's not right for him to speak this way to others, no, but there are special circumstances and now is not the time to have a talk about them.  Later, please.

Please. Now is not the time or place.

He waits, the two seconds before he answers feeling entirely too long. But, at least, the fairy relaxes.

... Fine.  For you.

"Almost there!"  Cynthia's voice gives Azelf no time to feel relief over Prince's acquiescence. And thankfully, her words seem to spark a more positive change in his young friend, the boy looking at her hopefully.

"We're almost outside And it looks like night has fallen." Oh thank Father. He'd love to see the stars again, even if it's cold out.

"There should be a cabin right by this exit... I used to study here along with some other researchers... If it's still standing, it might be a good stopping place for the night. Even if you don't wish to accompany me to the cave beyond that, please at least stay until morning. Winter nights in the mountains can be dangerous."

"Oh, yes," Prince agrees, Azelf feeling guilt stir his heart.  "Those are awful."

He would know, because it took until now for Azelf to find him. What a horrible guardian he is...

"We're almost there?"

"Very close. We're going to see if that cabin is still standing and take a breather... Do you sense anything nearby?"

"No. Seems clear."

"It feels like there might be s storm brewing, we better check that place out before night sets in."

A storm? A little worrying, but there's not much that worrying will do about it. Besides, Prince seems quite content. He allows himself to relax a little as he follows Cynthia inside the dwelling.

"Come on in, it seems safe. Though watch your step, there's stuff all over the floor."

"Stuff?"  Prince immediately glances all about the room, Azelf stroking his head to soothe his fears. Poor thing probably needs to make sure with his own eyes that there's nothing frightening in here, after all that Prince has been through...

"Is there anywhere you want to look in particular?" he asks in a low voice to Prince as they move deeper into the room to allow free passage in for the others. The boy shakes his head and Azelf nods, stroking his head and letting Prince make his observations in silence, watching Cynthia to see what the woman will say next.

Ψ Warnings Manager Ψ

Silverishness
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Silverishness on Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:22 am

Post 22||Post 13

Ruins of Alph- Underground||Evening

Even Gold couldn't deny that the air between all of them was tense, but it seemed that everyone silently assented to moving on. Silver was somewhat surprised that his words carried any weight or did anything other than fuel the situation -as that was typically a specialty of his- but the subject was dropped and Cynthia led the way forward. He cast a concerned look to the poor Lucario, then shared it with Raider as she trotted along beside him. For a while, as their Champion led them further into the darkness, there was an oppressive silence that enveloped them all, though it didn't stop Raider from drifting from Silver's side to Anubis', giving the poor pokemon a small nudge with her head and illuminated some of the dark around her for his and the small Raltz's sake's.

Finally, however, an indication of an end to the godawful tunnels. "Almost there!" Silver remained dubious; how the hell did she know that? Finding literally God was supposed to be something impossible and that no one had ever accomplished before. How was there a trail, no matter how old, for her to follow? None of this made any fucking sense. But even as he followed, he felt the temperature dip alarmingly fast, causing his hands to go to his arms. Fuck. Of course God was in the fucking cold. Because He was an asshole.

"We're almost outside And it looks like night has fallen." Well, it'd be good to see the sky again, even if it was still pitch black. The tunnels had been monotonous as much as they were torturous. Annoyingly enough, however, it seemed that the dipping temperature only invigorated Gold, as he was now skipping behind Cynthia, unable to contain his utter glee. Ugh.

"There should be a cabin right by this exit... I used to study here along with some other researchers..." Oh. Well... that explained it. "If it's still standing, it might be a good stopping place for the night. Even if you don't wish to accompany me to the cave beyond that, please at least stay until morning. Winter nights in the mountains can be dangerous."

"Oh, yes," the little Raltz hollowly commented, his voice like a strange echo, despite the fact that he was the one producing it. Creepy. "Those are awful."

Cynthia's took that moment to release her own Lucario -Silver had no idea they were such a plentiful species- and he was quick to ask, "We're almost there?"

"No. Seems clear." Well, that was the first good news he'd heard in about a week.

The dragon looked to be a little more than anxious to be moving on. It made sense; dragons being weak to ice and all. It was certainly beginning to be cold enough to give the impression snow would be waiting for them outside. Silver tried to suppress a shiver. Fucking cold. "It feels like there might be a storm brewing, we better check that place out before night sets in."

It didn't take long to reach outside, Silver's eyes welcoming the dim natural light. His feet crunched into the soft, thick bed of snow, his arms still folded onto his chest as he looked around the wholly foreign forest. Though his initial instinct was damning the cold -why the fuck didn't he have a fucking Fire Type?- his seething hatred stopped short upon glancing over the new landscape around them. He'd... never seen this place before. Were they even still in Johto? No, they had to be. That was Mt. Silver on the horizon after all, but... His head swiveled to spy another proud mountain, far in the distance and almost completely obscured by fog and clouds. What mountain was that? There was no mountain in Kanto and Kanto was definitely in another direction. It couldn't be Mt. Chimney-- Hoenn was an island, moreover a tropical island, far to the south. So... was that... Mt. Coronet?

It took a moment to realize that the group had begun to move on without him and he tore his gaze from the majestic and puzzling view to catch up. Gold, of course, was having a field day, bouncing in the snow happily like a toddler that had just discovered the damn stuff, giggling to himself. He even dropped to the ground, still giggling, and made himself a snow angel. Christ. He would have told Gold that he was only embarrassing himself, but then Silver had to remind himself that Gold was practically incapable of being embarrassed. He only trudged by the twittering moron with a roll of his eyes.

The cabin itself seemed stable enough-- hopefully looks weren't deceiving. "Come on in, it seems safe. Though watch your step, there's stuff all over the floor."

"Stuff?" The Raltz mirrored Silver's instant concern, but then again, given that this was a place of research and there were no outward signs of struggle, "stuff" probably meant things like stray papers, books, or discarded food trash like soda cans. Jesus, how he could go for a soda. Or a hot coffee. Or literally anything other than water. He gave a small sigh and headed further in, Raider faithfully trotting after him, though he noticed her peeking back to look at Gold's antics. Of course.

Heaving another sigh, he nodded out to his old rival. "You wanna go play? Go play." With her own gleeful giggle, she bolted back out the door and tackled Gold straight to the ground and his old rival immediately began to tussle in the snow with her. Well, it seemed that he was good for something, at least. Silver made his way far from the door, hoping to find more warmth inside. "Is there a fireplace or a fire pit, maybe?" he called, keeping his voice low enough to prevent it from bellowing out into the wilderness. "Get some warmth and maybe even cook some food."

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Phoenix on Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:45 pm

Ruins of Alph - Underground | Evening
L-36 / A-60

Their continued trek was spent in uncomfortable, deafening silence as no one seemed capable of easing the tension from before. Lexa felt guilt weigh heavily in her heart because she knew a good deal of it was because of herself and Anubis that the others were so forlorn. Anubis's reaction to the other Lucario vanishing had merely been the nail in the coffin as far as the others seemed to be concerned. She sighed to herself and pulled the young boy close to her, a look of sadness crossing her face as she saw the small Riolu inside of the larger hound. Anubis never wanted to evolve, never wanted to grow this soon, he was an adult before his time and it was tearing him apart.

Anubis had dropped away from Lexa when the fighter was able to walk on her own again and so was hanging back from the rest of the group. He scratched nervously at his arms and only discovered he had been gnawing on the inside of his cheek when he felt a stab of pain and the coppery taste of blood fill his mouth. Their auras weren't malicious, but Anubis knew none of them wanted him here. He didn't belong with them. He didn't belong anywhere anymore. Mother was gone, and Suzaku, Cathal, Kyuubi, everyone who loved him was gone except for Lexa. There was no home for him anymore.

A small nudge on his leg drew the Lucario's attention and he looked down to see Silver's Jolteon at his side. Anubis stared at the yellow fox a moment before letting himself smile a bit, contemplating reaching out and petting the soft fur of the female beside him. But he didn't. He shouldn't touch others without their permission. His smile fell and he went back to walking only this time he let his eyes slide shut so he would not longer have to see their piercing gazes. Allowing his aura sense to stretch out he followed their glow rather than their physical forms, the trick allowing him some measure of calm and comfort as he didn't have to deal with them looking back anymore.

"Almost there!"

Almost where? Lexa slowed down as the air around them began to grow noticeably cooler, dropping her pace to keep herself in time with Anubis in case he needed her. Growing up in the center of an active volcano did little for one's temperance for cold and she was the only fire type active at the moment. If anyone needed warmth she would be happy to provide, blazing up her wrists and allowing the heat of her fire to begin to spread to the others.

"We're almost outside And it looks like night has fallen." Anubis didn't notice any actual difference with his eyes closed but he did see a fluctuation in a couple of auras as the night and cold were mentioned. "There should be a cabin right by this exit... I used to study here along with some other researchers. If it's still standing, it might be a good stopping place for the night. Even if you don't wish to accompany me to the cave beyond that, please at least stay until morning. Winter nights in the mountains can be dangerous." Lexa nodded as the others began to contemplate their next couple of steps.

"Oh, yes," The tiny fairy from before chimed in and Anubis once again felt the strange shift in his aura as he spoke. "Those are awful." There was a powerful aura stirring within such a small body and it fluctuated rapidly with his emotions. Their kind was so strange to Anubis any time he had to read them. It was like trying to read the mind of a summer storm, unpredictable and able to change at the slightest provocation.

Cynthia let out yet another of her pokemon, this one also a Lucario, and Anubis flinched at the stronger aura. This one was well trained and confidant, miles out of his league in terms of usefulness and ability. It stung a bit that the female thought she needed another of his kind to check their surroundings for them when it had been him who had sensed not only when Khan was taken but by what, and the bitter insult had him tearing away from her aura to cling to Lexa's. He almost reached out for her but the fire type stilled his hand with her own to keep him from grabbing onto her currently flaming wrist.

"We're almost there?"

"No. Seems clear." Anubis's lip curled. "I could have told you that," he mumbled bitterly, Lexa shushing him. The dragon mentioned a possible storm and Lexa sighed again at the inevitability of another argument with the group. Anubis hated storms and his emotions where already so raw... This entire day was a giant crap-fest. She did, however, catch Silver shiver out of the corner of her eye and began to watch him carefully for signs of chill.

Gold was of another mind entirely though as he all but dove into the snow once they exited the cave and began rolling around in it like a pig in mud. "You're going to regret that later when you are soaking wet and chilled to the bone," she warned with a smile. She let him play as she and Anubis followed the others to the cabin, waiting for everyone to get in before her out of politeness. Lexa eyed Silver again as another chill shook his frame, letting his Jolteon join the fun with Gold out in the snow. "Is there a fireplace or a fire pit, maybe?" he asked quietly, the Blaziken staring at him like he had grown another head. "Get some warmth and maybe even cook some food."

"Ahem." She cleared her throat expectantly and began tapping one clawed foot upon the ground, arching one eye ridge as she stared at the redhead. "I wasn't aware I was invisible, Silver. If you were cold you could have walked with me I've been alight for a while now." Anubis giggled, quite unable to help himself as he himself curled into the warm fire type's chest. It was funny seeing Lexa scold someone other than him for once today. "You kids and your stubborn 'I can take care of myself' streaks will be the death of me one day. There is nothing wrong with asking for help kid, you should try it some time. Might do you some good."
Cynthia
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Cynthia on Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:07 pm

Sinjoh Ruins (Researcher's Cabin) || Evening
(36)

"Stuff?" Azelf floated in while still carrying Prince; the small fairy nervously looking around as tried to figure out what the "stuff" was.

In an attempt to help calm the fairy's nerves, she tried to explain, "Oh, just some paper, books, and trash. Unpleasant to step on, but not dangerous."

Silver followed in behind them, and the way the redhead was standing betrayed how cold he was. He quickly asked, "Is there a fireplace or a fire pit, maybe? Get some warmth and maybe even cook some food." Guinevere shared Silver's dislike of cold, and to emphasize this, she leaned over and onto Cynthia to leach off the blonde's warmth. Cynthia smiled at her dragon's antics, but before she could answer Silver, Lexa spoke up.

"Ahem," the Blaziken cleared her throat before sending a pointed look towards Silver. "I wasn't aware I was invisible, Silver. If you were cold you could have walked with me I've been alight for a while now. You kids and your stubborn 'I can take care of myself' streaks will be the death of me one day. There is nothing wrong with asking for help kid, you should try it some time. Might do you some good." Then, Anubis started giggling, and the sight greatly relieved Cynthia. It was good to know that the young Lucario was finding something amusing. Even if it was because someone else was getting scolded.

Cynthia tried to escape her dragon, but Guinevere grumbled at the attempt. She laughed in feigned exasperation, "Yes, there's a fireplace in the living room, and there used to be a stack of wood nearby." She lightly elbowed the Garchomp to get her to move, and the Champion picked her steps carefully across the floor. Guinevere whined at the missing heat and followed close behind her trainer. "I can return you if you want, Guin," she quietly offered.

The cold was getting to the dragon as she shivered and spoke, "N-Nah. If I c-can handle C-coronet, I can h-handle this."

At the obvious and ineffective attempt at downplaying Guin's discomfort, Cynthia turned around and raised her brows in an eerily similar manner to Lexa. She teased, "Does Lexa need to give another speech?" Her answer was a simple worried look, and Cynthia grabbed her dragon's arm and rubbed it. "I'll be okay, but fine. You have to help us find the wood." Afterwards, she beckoned the others to follow her down the hallway and into the large room.

Fenrir rolled his eyes, but he stayed near the door. "I'm gonna stick around here." He sent a pointed look outside to the playing human and Pokemon.

She grinned knowingly, "Have fun!" Fenrir slipped out the door and she could see him scoop up some snow before the door completely shut.

Once that was taken care of, she surveyed the room in the dying light. Soon it was going to be too dark to see even their hands in front of their faces. "Hey, Lexa? Or anyone really," she asked, "There should be a stack of wood, but it's hard to see in here." She reached into her bag, but the flashlight that should have been in there was escaping her grasp.
Starbits
Elite
Elite

Post by Starbits on Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:27 pm

Alph Ruins - Underground | ??? | 42

Cynthia's answer is much appreciated by Azelf, Prince can tell.  The feeling of warmth radiates from him like a kind of mental blanket; cozy and safe.  But even so, he still finds himself glancing around, checking every nook and cranny he can see.  Azelf, bless his soul, moves the fairy around the room to get a closer look at everything.  And, thankfully, it's not long before Prince deems the place safe, feeling silly for needing to do it himself in order to believe it.

Safe.  It's so good to feel safe.  The feelings of elation from outside only make his relief feel stronger.  It should be this safe deeper inside, right?

"Does Lexa need to give another speech?"  Prince blinks over at the human, staring at her face for a moment before his eyes shift to the Garchomp.  Oh, she's talking to her.  Well.  He sure missed something. "I'll be okay, but fine. You have to help us find the wood."

Stopping her rubbing of her dragon's arm, she beckoned for the rest of them to follow.

Fenrir rolled his eyes, but he stayed near the door. "I'm gonna stick around here."

He stares out the door at the playing Pokemon.  Oh, to stand guard?  But- why is Cynthia grinning, then?

"Have fun!"

He slips outside.  Maybe... maybe joining them later might be... fun?

"Hey, Lexa? Or anyone really; there should be a stack of wood, but it's hard to see in here."

Prince squinted, pointing to something that looked like it might be wood near where Lexa was standing.  "Is that it over there?"

♋14 Badges♋
little fairy

Azelf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Azelf on Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:38 pm

(I would like to skip, please)

Ψ Warnings Manager Ψ

Silverishness
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Silverishness on Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:16 pm

Post 23||Post 14

"Ahem." The Lexa's intentionally noticeable throat clear did its job in catching Silver's attention, his gaze meeting hers. He suddenly felt exposed as she gently chided him, her taloned toe impatiently tapping on the tepid flooring. "I wasn't aware I was invisible, Silver. If you were cold you could have walked with me I've been alight for a while now. You kids and your stubborn 'I can take care of myself' streaks will be the death of me one day. There is nothing wrong with asking for help kid, you should try it some time. Might do you some good." Despite Anubis' giggling to diffuse the tension, Silver's face bloomed as his embarrassment flourished.

Still, he knew he couldn't refuse an offer of warmth, even if it came with a healthy side of childlike scolding. "Not used to having a fire-type around," he grumbled under his breath, the excuse tasting sour on his tongue as it left him. He rubbed his sides and sat nearby, almost unable to control his shivering. Silver's body curled into a tight ball as he soaked in the radiating warmth like a pissy little frozen sponge as the others went about their business.

It seemed, at least, he wasn't the only one susceptible to the cold. Cynthia's dragon looked about just as uncomfortable as he felt-- then again, Garchomp DID have a quadruple weakness to Ice. Stood to reason. The dragon's trainer finally gave in with an exasperated laugh. "Yes, there's a fireplace in the living room, and there used to be a stack of wood nearby." Cynthia continued to go about her business as the dragon followed obediently behind, likely not wanting to lose that heat source. Silver sympathized. "I can return you if you want, Guin," she quietly offered.

The dragon likely was as prideful as Silver was. "N-Nah. If I c-can handle C-coronet, I can h-handle this."

But it looked like Cynthia wasn't having any of it. "Does Lexa need to give another speech?" Despite the playful tone, the dragon simply stared worriedly at the woman. What, did the dragon really not think them safe here? True that they weren't safe anywhere, but surely the Garchomp had better faith in her trainer than that. "I'll be okay, but fine. You have to help us find the wood." She beckoned them down the hall, causing Silver's brow to furrow. Did they really have to move?

Her Lucario also seemed dubious. "I'm gonna stick around here." No one missed his glance to the two morons playing out in the snow. Silver followed his gaze out to make sure Raider was still ok-- of course she was. A flash of yellow and Gold's stupid giggling was enough to soothe any worry.

"Have fun!" Cynthia called, right as the Lucario dashed off into the snow after the other two. Figured.

"Hey, Lexa? Or anyone really," Silver's eyes were the only things that moved as Cynthia asked for their attention again, as he was unwilling to compromise even a single aspect of his warmth. "There should be a stack of wood, but it's hard to see in here."

"Please don't move," he murmured to Lexa, his body still shivering even as he sat beside her. "I don't want to move, too."

"Is that it over there?" Prince asked, pointing to a place Silver couldn't see without moving his head. And moving his head was not an option. Please let that be it.

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Phoenix on Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:30 am

Ruins of Alph - Underground | Evening
L-37 / A-61

"Not used to having a fire-type around," Lexa's eye ridge arched slightly as she stared at Silver but even he seemed to notice how pathetic the excuse was so she let it slide. Letting her wrists flare brighter she produced a larger area of warmth and allowed the ginger haired boy to usher closer to her in an attempt to stop shivering. Anubis smiled and stepped away from his perch at Lexa's waist to allow Silver to get closer if he needed to.

"Yes, there's a fireplace in the living room, and there used to be a stack of wood nearby." Cynthia started to walk away as she spoke, likely heading for the mentioned room, and Lexa was surprised to see her Garchomp following meekly behind as it too shivered. Lexa sighed. "I can return you if you want, Guin." But it seemed that both people and Pokemon in this group preferred to freeze rather than ask for help. "N-Nah. If I c-can handle C-coronet, I can h-handle this."

Lexa was about ready to repeat her words to Silver when Cynthia beat her to it, causing the fire bird to laugh a bit. "Does Lexa need to give another speech?" Lexa's laughter moved to Anubis as he too began to giggle at the situation. It was nice knowing he wasn't the only baby around. "I'll be okay, but fine. You have to help us find the wood." Ah, yes, some firewood and a good fire would help these two stop being such sour pusses. Hopefully.

As the other Lucario chose to stay and go outside to play Anubis stayed with Lexa as Cynthia led them to the next room. She kept closer to Silver as they walked to not let the boy loose his heat source and once they were in the room paused to allow him to stay in one spot. "Hey, Lexa? Or anyone really," Both Lexa and Anubis perked up to the sound of the fighter's name. "There should be a stack of wood, but it's hard to see in here." Lexa nodded but a meek voice behind her gave her pause.

"Please don't move," Lexa turned around to see Silver sitting down beside her and curled into himself for warmth. "I don't want to move, too." She sighed mockingly and sat down beside him, nudging the redhead with her elbow a bit. "Kids. Anubis will you give them a hand? I'll offer as much light as I can from here but right now I'm a bit indisposed to assist physically. When you find it I can light the fire so everyone can get warm." Anubis nodded and began searching the room for the aforementioned firewood.

"Is that it over there?" Anubis turned to look at where the small fairy had indicated and picked up a piece from the pile. The wood was old, and very dried out, but it would work. "Looks like it," he replied in an effort to not leave the tiny one in suspense. "I can bring some to the fireplace if you could open the flu miss..." He was talking to Cynthia but his head was staring at the floor, too nervous to talk to her directly. He hadn't been kind to her earlier so it was a bit embarrassing for him right now.
Cynthia
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Cynthia on Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:34 am

Sinjoh Ruins (Researcher's Cabin) || Evening
(37)

The cold was getting to everyone in the room; Silver was huddled closely to Lexa, and Guinevere was all but leaning on Cynthia again. The redheaded boy mumbled something that Cynthia's ears couldn't pick up, but it caused the Blaziken to laugh softly before speaking up, "Kids. Anubis will you give them a hand? I'll offer as much light as I can from here but right now I'm a bit indisposed to assist physically. When you find it I can light the fire so everyone can get warm." The young Lucario had already given Lexa some space so that Silver could get closer, but at the order, he began to forage around the room. Hopefully his eyes were better adjusted to the darkness than her own. She had given up searching for her flashlight and had to nudge Guin to let her move again, so she could search with him.

However, it is Prince who finds what they're looking for, and he points out with a question, "Is that it over there?" Both dragon and human paused to look in the indicated direction, and not too far from where Lexa was sitting, there was a pile of old wood resting against a wall. It was almost amusing how close they had been to stumbling upon it while entering, but at least they had located it quickly.

"Oh yes!" she exclaimed.

Anubis also answered, "Looks like it." In a subdued tone, he then told Cynthia, "I can bring some to the fireplace if you could open the flu miss..." The young Pokemon wasn't looking at her, and while she had not appreciated his outburst earlier, she had seen other young ones like him before. It always hurt to remember that this epidemic had happened to young teenagers and children, and it wouldn't be fair to expect them to deal with it healthily.

She sent a gentle smile towards him and responded, "Of course, dear." While she wasn't sure if he could see her face, she hoped her words and voice carried the message. I'm not mad at you. She turned to accomplish her task, and ran smack into Guinevere's chest. The land shark didn't even grunt to acknowledge the collision, but Cynthia could hear the dragon's quiet chuckles before she took a few steps back. With Guinevere out of the way, Cythia carefully made her way to the fireplace, and after a few seconds of fiddling with the flue, the fireplace was ready. "Alright," she cheerfully called out, "It's ready!" She pushed against Guinevere to make sure Anubis had a clear path to the fireplace before offering, "Guin and me can help move anything if you need it, Anubis." As she looked back over the shivering Silver huddled against Lexa, she also added, "Guin has a fire move, too, if you need to stay there, Lexa."
Starbits
Elite
Elite

Post by Starbits on Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:36 am

Alph Ruins - Underground | ??? | 43

"Oh yes!"  Good.  Now they can get a nice big fire going and get nice and warm.  Prince sighs at the thought-- Hoenn was such a warm place to live and practically no one had a fireplace there, but Azelf had showed him how to make fires (one of many survival skills the legend had taught him) and he'd soon learned there were few things better than a crackling fire to ward off the surrounding darkness and cold of night.

"Looks like it."  He looks over at the young Lucario as Azelf settles on a piece of furniture-- rather, he sets Prince down and settles with his arms and upper body resting atop his head while he floats in the air.  "I can bring some to the fireplace if you could open the flu miss..."

He feels... guilty?  Sad?  Prince almost huffs.  Well, he should!  He was horrible back there.

Cynthia's emotions are far more sympathetic, something mirrored by the smile she gives the nervous youngster.  "Of course, dear."  

As she turns she smacks right into her dragon and the clumsy incident can't help but draw a muffled spurt of laughter from Prince, that such a dignified lady would do something so silly. The rest of the attempt to bring a fire to life goes very smoothly, and the little fairy sighs in relief to see the fire, the sight only strengthened by Cynthia's cheerful announcement to the others-- and likely, mostly aimed at the shivering young human pressed against the fire bird. "Alright, it's ready!"

She directs her dragon aside a bit, presumably for Anubus.  "Guin and me can help move anything if you need it, Anubis."

A glance at Silver gives her pause before she adds, "Guin has a fire move, too, if you need to stay there, Lexa."

"The fire is nice," he mumbles to Azelf, whose smile he can feel more than see as his gentle friend strokes his dirty hair.  "And a fire move means we don't have to worry about matches or a lighter, too."  Thank god; that had given them some trouble back when it was just them.  Azelf hadn't even really known what matches were; he'd started fires by using the sun and clear objects, like glass, or by asking random passersby if they had a fire move.  Teaching the legend had been an adventure.

"Yes, what a relief."  Prince nearly hums at the hand stroking his head.  "That was a nightmare."

You think we'll really find your father?

The flood of scrambled emotions answer him before Azelf actually does- worry, doubt, fear, hope, determination...

I believe there's a very good chance, Prince.

Don't let Silver and Anubis get to you; they're just jerks.  We'll find him.

He sighs softly.  I won't.  But you shouldn't let them get to you, either.

Huh?

You're letting them rile you up.  Don't bother.  One is a traumatized child and the other is a cynic, and I can't blame him considering the state of the world.  Which is, of course, also not factoring in anything he may have endured beforehand.

I'm... not... really someone with much patience anymore.  Just someone who forgot how to person and doesn't speak much.  

Please try?  For me?

For you, he grumbles, eyes straying towards the window.  Aloud, he asks his friend, tilting his head upwards as if trying to see his face despite that not working from this angle, "Once we're warm, maybe we can- we can play in the snow, Azzie?  Hoenn never had snow and- I can't say I like it much anymore but that- that might be because I've... never really had time to play in it... and no guarantee of a fire afterwards..."

♋14 Badges♋
little fairy

Azelf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Azelf on Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:35 pm

Alph Ruins - Undergound || ??? || 46

"Oh yes!"  That means they won't need to go searching for fuel.  What a relief.  They needed warmth now, especially his little Prince and the young redheaded human.

"Looks like it."  Prince is not that heavy, but it's time to set him down.  Picking the back of the couch, he sets the little fairy down, resting his arms on his head as he leans a little weight on him, the rest being carried by his levitation.  Prince's head moves and Azelf's does as well, finding his little friend staring at the young Lucario.  "I can bring some to the fireplace if you could open the flu miss..."

"Of course, dear."  Her voice is warm and the sound prompts the pixie to relax.  Good.  She bears no ill will towards Anubis.

The collision between trainer and Pokemon leaves him giggling behind a hand, lightening the mood considerably.  It raises further when the merry little fire is blazing away in the hearth, a contented sigh from Prince prompting Azelf to pat his head. "Alright, it's ready!  Guin and me can help move anything if you need it, Anubis."

He glances at Silver as she does, feeling sorry for the boy.  "Guin has a fire move, too, if you need to stay there, Lexa."

"The fire is nice,"  Prince steals his attention, the legend smiling at him and petting his head.  "And a fire move means we don't have to worry about matches or a lighter, too."  

"Yes, what a relief; that was a nightmare."  Irritating, that matches could only be used once.

You think we'll really find your father?

The sudden question knocks him off-kilter, the pixie blinking as he struggled to sort an answer into place.  What could he say?  No, he was starting to doubt a bit?  That he feared what answer they would get?  That it was an excellent point, that his father had done nothing for the living to help them?  Or that he hadn't stopped the epidemic all together?

But there's only one right thing to say, even if he knows Prince sensed the plethora of emotions that ran rampant through his mind.  He must keep the boy's hopes up as best he can.  I believe there's a very good chance, Prince.

Don't let Silver and Anubis get to you; they're just jerks.  We'll find him.  The bitterness doesn't quite shock him, after all that's happened, but he can't deny the sadness weighing on his chest.  I won't.  But you shouldn't let them get to you, either.

Silence.  He elaborates further.  You're letting them rile you up.  Don't bother.  One is a traumatized child and the other is a cynic, and I can't blame him considering the state of the world.  Which is, of course, also not factoring in anything he may have endured beforehand.

I'm... not... really someone with much patience anymore.  

The world is so cruel, truly... even his sweet little friend has been robbed of goodness he once had.  Please try?  For me?

For you.  He's far more reluctant than Azelf is happy with, but at least he promises to try.  That is something, at least, and all he can really ask of Prince.

The youngster looks up at him, or at least, tries to.  "Once we're warm, maybe we can- we can play in the snow, Azzie?  Hoenn never had snow and- I can't say I like it much anymore but that- that might be because I've... never really had time to play in it... and no guarantee of a fire afterwards..."

Now that surprises him.  "I don't see why not.  Gold and Raider seem to be enjoying themselves.  It might be fun to join them."  Gold's joy is infectious.  Goodness knows they could do with some of that in their lives.

Ψ Warnings Manager Ψ

Silverishness
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Silverishness on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:39 am

Post 24||Post 15

"Oh yes!" Oh, thank God. Silver let out a small sigh of relief; Lexa's fire was good, but at this point, Silver suspected he needed to be actually set on fire himself for him to feel warm again. Fucking cold.

"Looks like it." Anubis affirmed, granting the angry ginger some peace of mind. It was going to get warmer. Much warmer. And soon. Thank fuck. "I can bring some to the fireplace if you could open the flu miss..."

"Of course, dear." Silver had to admit he preferred the amiable atmosphere as opposed to the charged, tense one that had oppressively followed them earlier. He himself usually thrived in conflict, but now it was too damn cold to do so. Seeing everyone else get along despite what happened in the tunnels was a good sign. Hopefully the peace lasted. Silver never boasted to be an optimistic man, but he could set aside some hope for that, at least.

The mood lightens even more when Cynthia, esteemed Champion and leader of an entire region, ran smack dab into her giant not-easily-missable dragon. Yeah, ok, he had to admit that was funny. "Alright, it's ready! Guin and me can help move anything if you need it, Anubis." Finally, there'd be warmth soon. That was a comforting thought. "Guin has a fire move, too, if you need to stay there, Lexa."

"Please don't move," Silver muttered again, shivering as he somehow managed to curl tighter into himself. To distract himself, he turned his attention back to outside and the flashes of color from Gold, Raider and Cynthia's Lucario. It looked like Gold's Vaporeon had also gotten into the mix, happily tussling with Raider. Between seeing blurs of the participants themselves, Silver spotted snowballs flashing in and out of his vision.

It sure looked nice. In order to enjoy it, however, Silver would have needed garb so thick his mobility would have been dashed.

It seemed he wasn't the only one watching the others' antics. "Once we're warm, maybe we can- we can play in the snow, Azzie?" The little Ralts asked. "Hoenn never had snow and- I can't say I like it much anymore but that- that might be because I've... never really had time to play in it... and no guarantee of a fire afterwards..."

The legend soothes his young companion. "I don't see why not. Gold and Raider seem to be enjoying themselves. It might be fun to join them." As if on cue, a snowball hit one of the windows, prompting a muffled, "Sorry!" from Gold outside.

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Phoenix on Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:48 pm

Sinjoh Ruins (Researcher's Cabin) | Evening
L-38 / A-62

"Of course, dear."

Anubis felt a small rush of relief as the human acknowledged his request without anger, her aura not revealing any kind of malice or disingenuous meaning. Not having to worry about the other shoe dropping did wonders for his countenance and he began piling the wood into his arms swiftly to carry it over as she worked the flue. They timed it well as he walked over just as she got it open. "Alright, it's ready!  Guin and me can help move anything if you need it, Anubis."

"I-It's alright," he said shyly. "I have it." He knelt down and began setting logs into the fireplace as Cynthia and her pokemon began to shuffle to the side to give him room. "Guin has a fire move, too, if you need to stay there, Lexa." Anubis looked over to where Lexa still sat with Silver, who huddled close like a pup sheltered behind his mother, and gave her a questioning look. Lexa shook her head. "No point in wasting energy on a move when fire comes at will from my wrists. One benefit of being a fire type I would imagine. We may need that energy later so it's best if-"

"Please don't move,"

Lexa looked down at her small charge and felt a similar affectionate disapproval that she often felt when dealing with stubborn students back at the Gym. "Alright you little whelp, if you don't want me to move you from the fire then you are just going to have to come with me now aren't you?" Without waiting for his reply she quickly wrapped her arm around his waist and stood up in one swift movement, tucking her shoulder under his ribs as she did and swinging him up onto one shoulder. Using her forearm to brace behind the red head's legs she carried him like a sack of flour over one shoulder all the way to the fireplace before setting him back down on the floor right in front of it.

"Do we have any kindling?" She asked as she knelt down beside Anubis. The Lucario nodded and pulled a few loose sheets of paper from the floor, balling them up and setting them underneath the logs. Lexa smiled and gave him an affectionate pat on the head before setting her arm inside the pit and letting her flames catch the paper and one of the logs alight. The kindling would take care of the rest. "There, we'll soon have a roaring fire and this place will be toasty in no time."

After a minute the fire was well established and the logs crackled happily as they filled the room with warmth. Everyone seemed to be in much better spirits now then they had been and it made Anubis feel much better. "The fire is nice," He turned his head to see the little fairy talking to his friend and felt a small smile tug at his muzzle. "And a fire move means we don't have to worry about matches or a lighter, too."  

"Yes, what a relief; that was a nightmare." Lexa laughed lightly at the imagery of the Legend trying to make a fire without assistance. "Good to see you both here then," she called back affectionately. With no need for her flames any longer Lexa allowed her wrists to snuff out and Anubis wasted no time cuddling in to her side once more, nuzzling close as a large yawn overtook him. She smiled and pulled the young pup closer as he quickly fell asleep, startling only once as a snowball slammed into the window but drifting back off almost immediately. It had been a long day for him.

Lexa looked over to Cynthia with a smile. "Kids, huh?" It was nice being around other pokemon and trainers again. Felt more like home than they had experienced in years.

((Permission was given to manhandle Silver))

Current date/time is Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:42 pm