Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the outbreak.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Catalyst. The Banner was made by Lady Silverfishes. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

(ELITE) The SINJOH Team

Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Re: (ELITE) The SINJOH Team

Post by Phoenix on Mon May 23, 2016 11:12 am

Ruins of Alph - Underground | ???
L-30 / A-54

Anubis curled tightly into her and the fire bird started to feel like if he pushed any tighter he'd pop right through her rib cage. This was not one of his better panic attacks. "Is everything all right, here? Do you need anything?" Lexa shook her head and sighed, shifting the Lucario in her arms over to the other side to get some relief for her bruising chest. "There's not much to be done except to let him cry it out. It happens all too frequently, I'm afraid."

She looked around and realized that she knew everyone's name or title now, but they likely didn't know hers and felt an immediate wash of guilt over the lack of proper manners. "I'm sorry, we didn't get to introduce ourselves earlier, I'm Lexa. This is Anubis." As if on cure Anubis once again whimpered and shifted to curl against his companion, burying his face into her feathered collar to hide from the blonde hair haunting him. "If only I knew what set him off this time, I could fix this..."

"They are brought on by sheer panic; judging from what he said earlier, Lexa being hurt brought a trauma he'd suffered back to the forefront of his thoughts.  There likely isn't anything we can do until he calms down on his own, but I, too, would love to assist if possible."

"Momma..."

This time she heard the muffled cry, and he pushed closer once again in response to the blonde woman's approach. "So that's it," she muttered as realization dawned on her. "He's scared of you." Her voice wasn't harsh, or condemning, as she addressed the blonde before her. She was simply stating a fact, with no cruelty behind her words at all. In fact it almost bordered on the sound of pity, both for Anubis and Cynthia, who had no power over her companion's feelings. "It's been so long since we've seen humans, and while Silver didn't set him off I think the fact you bear a very similar appearance to our trainer has put him into a quite a fit." It was honestly the only explanation she could think of, considering how firmly he was trying to hide his gaze from the Champion.

"What's happening?"

"Nothing," was Silver's quick and deadpan reply.

"Kay!"

Lexa stared at Gold for a moment before looking over at Silver, "Has he always been like this?" she asked flatly. "How is he still alive?"
Cynthia
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Cynthia on Sat May 28, 2016 3:01 pm

Ruins of Alph (Underground Chambers) || Time Unknown
(29)

"I have seen Prince suffer episodes like these before," Azelf quietly offered, floating gently to her side. "They are brought on by sheer panic; judging from what he said earlier, Lexa being hurt brought a trauma he'd suffered back to the forefront of his thoughts.  There likely isn't anything we can do until he calms down on his own, but I, too, would love to assist if possible."

It sounded like some sort of PTSD...Cynthia wished with all of her heart that there was something she could do, but she knew that Azelf was right. She brushed down her coat as she stood up.

"So that's it," Lexa muttered as she held her friend, looking up at the Champion. "He's scared of you." Something about her tone did not upset or surprise Cynthia; she was not being unkind or accusatory. "It's been so long since we've seen humans, and while Silver didn't set him off I think the fact you bear a very similar appearance to our trainer has put him into a quite a fit."

That explained a lot. Cynthia nodded slowly as she wrapped her arms around herself. Now that she was standing still, she could feel the soulless cold of the ruins seeping through her clothes. She began fastening her coat, looking sadly down at the two Fighting-types. "Well...you two take all the time that you need. Goodness knows we could all take a moment or two to rest."

"Speak for yourself," Garchomp said, giggling as Silver eagerly patted her scales. "Now that I've seen this place, I'm feeling very excited indeed."

"It's magnificent, isn't it?" Cynthia beamed. They'd spoken of this place for so long; spent many sleepless nights researching, fantasizing and speculating about this ancient, underground city and now that they were finally here, it felt like a punch in the gut. Cynthia remembered her breath catching in her chest as she'd entered; she wondered if Garchomp was feeling the same.

"But don't worry; we'll get going soon," she went on, patting her dragon's side. She reached into her bag and pulled out a bottle of Fresh Water and some plastic cups. "Would anybody like a drink?"
Nightfall
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Nightfall on Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:14 pm

((Nnnngh, skip. There isn't a lot for Khan to be doing; he's just cooling down after the battle. He says yes please to some water, though.))
Starbits
Elite
Elite

Post by Starbits on Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:57 pm

Alph Ruins - Underground | ??? | 36

Sounds.

"-put him into a quite a fit."

Who'sthat?  What's going on?

Arms around him and no feeling of any floor or surface beneath that.  Carried?  He's being carried?

Oh those arms are familiar.  Small.  Hands like gloves.  Azelf.

"Well...you two take all the time that you need. Goodness knows we could all take a moment or two to rest."

Cynthia.  She sure is a bundle of emotions right now.  How does one person feel so much without exploding?

She's not the only one, either.  There's terror, a lot of terror, and he winces as it strikes him-- thank god for the nap; he can at least understand those emotions aren't his.  Maybe most of these emotions aren't really hers; there's no way she can be this terrified; it must be someone else, right?  It's so hard to tell whose emotions are whose; his empath ability doesn't tell him who is feeling what.  He has to guess, and he can't guess if he's not even trying to.

The first step would be opening his eyes but... that feels like too much effort right now.

"Speak for yourself,"  He jerks a bit.  Azelf mercifully says nothing of the obvious return to consciousness.  

A new voice?  And they're giggling.  

"Now that I've seen this place, I'm feeling very excited indeed."

Excited?  Oh, right, the mission!  Are they really that close?

"It's magnificent, isn't it?" He can hear the smile in her voice, feel the mix of emotions stir again.  Okay, so some of those are hers.  "But don't worry; we'll get going soon. Would anybody like a drink?"

Oh.  Oh gosh, how long has his throat felt this sore?

He forces his eyes open a little and raises a shaky hand, like a child in primary school.  "Me, please?"  It might help with this pounding, awful headache.

i'll take you back where you belong
and this'll be our favorite song

||profile||desktop||Admin Azelf||starbits shop||trainersona||
♋14 Badges♋
little fairy

Azelf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Azelf on Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:30 pm

Alph Ruins - Undergound || ??? || 39

"So that's it."  Realization blossoms on her face. "He's scared of you."

What?

"It's been so long since we've seen humans, and while Silver didn't set him off I think the fact you bear a very similar appearance to our trainer has put him into a quite a fit."

Oh.  That makes perfect sense, poor boy...  No wonder... he didn't consider they may have had a human companion.

"Well...you two take all the time that you need. Goodness knows we could all take a moment or two to rest."

Yes, they sure do.  He gives her a weary smile as he rocks Prince a little in his arms, turning his head as a female voice speaks out.  "Speak for yourself."  

Prince starts.  Ah, so he's awake.  But he doesn't seem eager to speak; no harm in allowing him to rest and pretend to be out for a while longer.  If he's not ready to deal with people just yet, so be it.

"Now that I've seen this place, I'm feeling very excited indeed."

So they must be close.  His heart jumps with glee.  Close.  Father.  He's going to see Father again, and then it will be okay.

"It's magnificent, isn't it?  But don't worry; we'll get going soon. Would anybody like a drink?"

This prompts Prince to speak up.  He raises his hand without opening his eyes.  "Me, please?"  

"I would appreciate some as well, thank you."

Ψ Warnings Manager Ψ

Es gibt nichts schlimmeres als die unwissenheit in aktion.
Silverishness
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Silverishness on Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:03 pm

Post 16||Post 7

Ruins of Alph- Underground||???

"Has he always been like this?" she asked flatly. Gods above, if she only knew. "How is he still alive?"

Silver scoffed as he glanced back over at the gushing Gold. "Dumb luck." It was the only answer that made sense.

Cynthia didn't seem to hear the latter part of their conversation, which suited Silver just fine. He had never had much feeling besides contempt for Champions for a very long time and his murky respect toward one of their ranks didn't dissipate all those years of loathing and resentment. He had no idea how to talk to the woman, nor her intimidating pokemon, and he really didn't care to find out. "Well...you two take all the time that you need. Goodness knows we could all take a moment or two to rest."

Her Garchomp seemed to think differently. "Speak for yourself." She didn't seem to mind the cooing and oozing awe Gold was gushing. Legends, Gold, you're a grown-fucking-man. Was it too much to ask that he carry himself with some fucking dignity? Probably, if Silver was being honest with himself. "Now that I've seen this place, I'm feeling very excited indeed."

Cynthia straight up swooned. Why was she so excited about myths and legends that weren't even her own? As in, why was the Sinnoh Champion so ramped up about Johto's culture? Silver inwardly admitted that he was likely just being judgey, which he was prone to doing, but still. The fuck was she getting so riled up for? "It's magnificent, isn't it? But don't worry; we'll get going soon. Would anybody like a drink?"

Silver hadn't noticed the little Raltz in Azelf's arms had woken. "Me, please?"  

"I would appreciate some as well, thank you."

"No thanks," he quietly declined, pulling his own water skin out from his belt, shaking it a little to indicate that he was more than well off in that regard. He pulled a small sip from it and capped it before returning it back to its spot on his person. He fully expected Gold to take Cynthia up on her offer, but once more, his old rival surprised him.

"Thanks, but no thanks," he replied, finally distracted enough from the Garchomp to stop petting her. "When I'm thirsty, I get it from my Vaporeon!"

Silver shook his head, eyes closed against the overwhelmingly sexual euphemism. "Please phrase that better."

But of course, Gold didn't bother. "So Miss Cynthia, what's at the end of the ruins? I've never been this far before."

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Phoenix on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:33 pm

L-31 / A-55

"Dumb luck."

Lexa nodded mutely, able to tell by Silver's tone he wasn't even close to exaggerating. Gold was truly a strange child, but his Pokemon seemed to like him so that was a plus. Unfortunately they also listened to very bad advice, like 'use Surf' when underground. "Well...you two take all the time that you need. Goodness knows we could all take a moment or two to rest."

The Champion was polite, and Lexa gave her an appreciate smile. "Thank you," she replied softly, returning her attention to the bundle of blue nerves in her arms. Everyone seemed to jovially accept their intrusion on their little group which helped put Lexa's mind much at ease. She wouldn't have to worry so much about protecting them as well as protecting herself and Anubis from them.

A question of drinking water came around and Lexa shook her head, Anubis whimpering and curling in tighter until a tiny voice traveled over the dull roar in his ears to prick at his mind. "Me, please?" It was soft, softer than the voices of any of the others, and it drew his attention like a moth to flame. His trembling ceased and he turned in Lexa's arms to peek over her shoulder at the source of the tiny sound.

It was a little fairy, weak and still, being carried about by the blue Legendary. He was so small and frail, and seemed equally afraid of his surroundings as Anubis himself was. But what really caught the Lucario's attention was the glint of black and grey beneath the string of beads beneath the little fae's neck. An Everstone collar. He whimpered meekly at the sight, his paw going to his own throat as he felt the loss of his own strike at his heart along with a pang of jealousy. He had given up the stone to save Mother, and she had died anyway, his sacrifice of delaying his evolution meaningless as she withered and expired in his arms.

At least the little one got to keep his.

Lexa had noticed the shift in her companion's demeanor but forced herself not to pressure Anubis into talking to her just yet. She wasn't sure what captured his focus at the moment but she knew pulling him from it would either cause him to shut down again or make him explode randomly, sometimes violently. No, it was better to let him sort it out on his own. Instead she brought her attention back to the group surrounding them, unfortunately at exactly the wrong moment in the conversation.

"When I'm thirsty, I get it from my Vaporeon!"

Lexa's beak dropped open in shock at the announcement, her head whipping towards Gold to gauge the honesty in his answer. He seemed completely confident in his words and the shock doubled. She looked to Silver for some kind of clarification but found him shaking his head, causing her to look back and forth between them several times before Silver finally spoke up. "Please phrase that better." Oh thank Arceus. The kid was just being an idiot. Surely he didn't mean...No. No he couldn't have.

"So Miss Cynthia, what's at the end of the ruins? I've never been this far before." A valid question, one that the fighter herself would like an answer for as well since she was stuck in here. But he said 'this far', did that mean...? "So there is a way out then?" Lexa blurted out without realizing, coughing lightly to try and cover her embarrassment at the act. "What I meant is that you said you've been down here before, so I hoped that would mean there was a way I could get Anubis and I out. We're only down here because of a cave in and I would very much like to be out of a subterranean cavern given a choice."
Cynthia
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Cynthia on Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:09 pm

(30)

Cynthia carefully sat herself down on a slab of broken pillar and began to pour out some Fresh Water into each cup. "I've been looking to get rid of these; they take up lots of space in my bag," she said, beginning to hand them out to everyone who wanted one before finally pouring one for herself. "Garchomp?"

"I'm fine," said her dragon, peering up at one of the Rhydon statues curiously. With her sharp night vision, Cynthia was sure she could see every chip and crack. "I'll just busy myself and have a look around. The architecture is just as we predicted it would be. Early 6th century..." she trailed off, travelling the lengths of the walls.

Cynthia took a sip of her water as both Silver and Lexa expressed their curiosity as to what lay ahead. Never weary of gushing over her goal, she sat up straight and smiled. "I believe, somewhere in these ruins, is a shrine to Arceus used by the ancients who built these ruins. According to legend, it is said that very shrine is one of the few ways one can reach a place known as the Sinjoh Ruins."

"A sacred place," Garchomp offered, running a claw over some of the wall markings. "Under the right conditions, we can open a connection to Arceus Himself."

"We hope," Cynthia said, clutching her cup so tightly it almost crumpled in her hand. "I'll get into how we'll do that later. But the ultimate goal is to try and contact the Original One Himself and see if he can help us purge this plague. It's a tall order, I know, but it's worth a try."
Nightfall
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Nightfall on Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:04 pm

Ruins of Alph (Underground Chambers)/??? (110)

Khan accepted his cup of water with a grateful nod. "Thank you." He slid down the wall onto the floor, the exhaustion from the battle pressing heavily on his bones. He peered into the cup at the clear liquid; he'd seen humans drink from cups on many occasions, but he himself had never consumed anything in this way. Glancing around to check that no one was watching, he poked his snout into the cup and stuck out his tongue, hoping for the best.

He eventually started to copy Cynthia, tilting his head back every time he took a sip, and his weary muscles instantly felt revitalised by the Fresh Water. Even his sore gum where he had lost his tooth began to feel a little better.

Khan lifted his head when Cynthia began to speak, answering Lexa and Gold's questions about the ruins. Perhaps he was about to hear the answers he'd been wondering about. "I believe, somewhere in these ruins, is a shrine to Arceus used by the ancients who built these ruins. According to legend, it is said that very shrine is one of the few ways one can reach a place known as the Sinjoh Ruins."

Sinjoh? Khan pressed his paws together. He'd never heard of this place, but something about its name piqued his interests. Sin ... Joh ... sounds almost like a combination of Sinnoh and Johto.

"A sacred place," her Garchomp said, examining some of the wall murals nearby. "Under the right conditions, we can open a connection to Arceus Himself."

Khan almost choked on his water.

"We hope," said Cynthia. "I'll get into how we'll do that later. But the ultimate goal is to try and contact the Original One Himself and see if he can help us purge this plague. It's a tall order, I know, but it's worth a try."

By the time Khan had finished spluttering, his mind was reeling. Arceus? The Arceus? How -- how do you do something like that? He stared at the Champion intently. Clearly she already had a plan, or she would not be risking her life here in these ruins.

He felt a stab of anger jolt through him all of a sudden, and crushed his empty cup between his paws. Why did Arceus need to be summoned at all? Couldn't he have come down from wherever he was and ended the Epidemic all on his own? Maybe if he'd have done that, fewer lives would have been lost. Eva might still be alive.

Still, he had to admire Cynthia's bravery and dedication in trying to get Arceus to help them when he was clearly, for whatever reason, incapable of doing it himself. Maybe he truly was oblivious to what was going on and end it all in a heartbeat. Or maybe he doesn't care, Khan thought bitterly, but quickly pushed that idea aside; he couldn't be negative about this in front of Cynthia.

He sat quietly by the wall, unsure of what to say. He couldn't help but glance up at Azelf; weren't he and his kin closely related to Arceus? He couldn't help but wonder what the small legendary had to say about this. Maybe he knows more than he lets us believe.
Starbits
Elite
Elite

Post by Starbits on Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:16 pm

Alph Ruins - Underground | ??? | 37

"Thanks, but no thanks."  Prince's attention is drawn to the redhead, tilting his head as he surveys him from the safety of Azelf's arms.  So many new people... he should try to learn more about them, at least a little.  

A toxic feeling slips into his head.  Jealousy?  Who-?

"When I'm thirsty, I get it from my Vaporeon!"  The cheerful reply is enough to yank Prince out of his anxiety to stare at the young man with his mouth hanging open.  He doesn't even notice the confusion on Azelf's face.

"Please phrase that better."  Oh.  Oh so he... didn't realize how bad that sounded.

Well.  That happened.  Gold doesn't really seem interested in rephrasing anything though, instead choosing to address Cynthia again as she hands the water out.  Prince opens the bottle for a very confused Azelf while watching the young man talk.  "So Miss Cynthia, what's at the end of the ruins? I've never been this far before."

So he's been here before.  But never this far, so... he's probably lost.  Prince lets out a soft noise of disappointment as he takes a sip.

"So there is a way out then?"  An excellent question.  He tilts his head.  Why is she embarrassed about it? "What I meant is that you said you've been down here before, so I hoped that would mean there was a way I could get Anubis and I out. We're only down here because of a cave in and I would very much like to be out of a subterranean cavern given a choice."

Oh!  An explanation!  Prince settles in, listening with large eyes.  "I believe, somewhere in these ruins, is a shrine to Arceus used by the ancients who built these ruins. According to legend, it is said that very shrine is one of the few ways one can reach a place known as the Sinjoh Ruins."

"A sacred place," her dragon adds. "Under the right conditions, we can open a connection to Arceus Himself."

He would probably have been able to feel Azelf's shock from across the room.

"We hope." Oh... that doesn't sound very promising...

But still, it's something!  It's something, it's something.

"I'll get into how we'll do that later. But the ultimate goal is to try and contact the Original One Himself and see if he can help us purge this plague. It's a tall order, I know, but it's worth a try."

Anything is, at this point.  Lots of gods sleep.  Arceus isn't even on their plane of existance, so it probably didn't wake him up.  But how do you wake a sleeping god?  Can they even get to the place where they can try to wake him up, let alone actually wake him up?  

Suddenly he feels even smaller than he usually does.

♋14 Badges♋
little fairy

Azelf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Azelf on Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:57 pm

Alph Ruins - Undergound || ??? || 40

"When I'm thirsty, I get it from my Vaporeon!"  Azelf tilts his head.  What does he mean?  Can Vaporeon produce water for humans to drink?  That makes sense-

Why does Prince look horrified?

"Please phrase that better."  Now it's Silver's turn to get a look of confusion.

As Cynthia hands out water and Prince opens one of the bottles for him (three confusions in barely five minutes, dear Father above; who would have guessed the thing at the top could be screwed off to get at the water?) Gold asks the Champion a question.  "So Miss Cynthia, what's at the end of the ruins? I've never been this far before."

"So there is a way out then?"  Of course there is; they all got in here, didn't they?  Or does he mean another exit?  "What I meant is that you said you've been down here before, so I hoped that would mean there was a way I could get Anubis and I out. We're only down here because of a cave in and I would very much like to be out of a subterranean cavern given a choice."

"I believe, somewhere in these ruins, is a shrine to Arceus used by the ancients who built these ruins. According to legend, it is said that very shrine is one of the few ways one can reach a place known as the Sinjoh Ruins."

"A sacred place. Under the right conditions, we can open a connection to Arceus Himself."

Arceus himself?  Father himself!?

"We hope. I'll get into how we'll do that later. But the ultimate goal is to try and contact the Original One Himself and see if he can help us purge this plague. It's a tall order, I know, but it's worth a try."

They mean to contact Father directly...  Just like he'd hoped to.

Except he had no idea of what to actually do once he got there.  He no longer remembers what he'd planned to do once finding the deepest point of the ruins, but it was probably examine the immediate surroundings to find a clue of some kind.  This is so much better.

"How do you plan to contact Father?  What 'right conditions' are needed?  I knew that humans had once contacted him from here but... I wasn't aware of how they did it, exactly.  I haven't been able to speak with him in so long I-"

Calm down, Azelf.  Your voice broke there.

"I would... I would like to talk with him again..."

Ψ Warnings Manager Ψ

Silverishness
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Silverishness on Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:00 am

Post 17||Post 8

"So there is a way out then?" Gold gave Lexa a confused look; well of course there was. How else did they all get in? But as he thought, Gold remembered he generally fell through the floor after finishing the fun little puzzles-- maybe they had a similar experience? "What I meant is that you said you've been down here before, so I hoped that would mean there was a way I could get Anubis and I out. We're only down here because of a cave in and I would very much like to be out of a subterranean cavern given a choice."

Oh, yeah, that definitely made more sense. His smile broadened as he nodded his comprehension of the Blaziken's explanation, completely unaware of Silver's wary glower. "I believe, somewhere in these ruins, is a shrine to Arceus used by the ancients who built these ruins. According to legend, it is said that very shrine is one of the few ways one can reach a place known as the Sinjoh Ruins." Gold did notice, however, when Silver's head snapped from Gold's direction to Cynthia's, his eyes wide in an alarmed scowl.

Silver's reaction didn't hold Gold's attention for long, though, as his mind went to the strange name Cynthia mentioned. What was a "Sinjoh"? What was "Arceus?" Arss-ee-us. Ha. Was it like... a butt pokemon? "A sacred place. Under the right conditions, we can open a connection to Arceus Himself."

While Gold giggled to himself every time Arceus' name was mentioned -God only knew why- Silver couldn't help but feel his mood and expression sour more and more as Cynthia and her Garchomp excitedly spoke about Arceus. What, they thought he actually existed?

"We hope. I'll get into how we'll do that later. But the ultimate goal is to try and contact the Original One Himself and see if he can help us purge this plague. It's a tall order, I know, but it's worth a try." Wait, was she SERIOUS? Not only did she believe that fairy tail of a deity existed, she wanted to talk to it?! Silver's mouth gaped a little at her presumptuous optimism, his first instinct to berate and attack it when Azelf cut in while Silver was distracted by trying to pick his first insult.

"How do you plan to contact Father? What 'right conditions' are needed? I knew that humans had once contacted him from here but... I wasn't aware of how they did it, exactly. I haven't been able to speak with him in so long I-" Silver glanced at Azelf as he cut himself off, apparently forcing himself to calm. He was getting a little excited there, but it still didn't excuse the fact that they kept insisting that Arceus was real in the first place. "I would... I would like to talk with him again..."

A gasp escaped Gold. "Your dad's a butt?"

Silver glanced to his old rival, face scrunched up in an angry sort of bewilderment. The shit was he talking about? "What-- Shut up, Gold." He turned back to Azelf and Cynthia, completely refusing to further address Gold's ridiculous question. "What are you talking about?" Silver snapped, his voice a little more hostile than he'd really intended. "Arceus isn't even real. And if He is, then why hasn't His Highness done anything about this? Arceus is a load of bullshit and-- I swear to God, Gold, stop fucking giggling!"

Alas, Silver's ire meant little to the giggling trainer. "But you're talking about a butt Pokemon, right? 'Arse- ee- us?' See arse? Butts? Come on, I can't be the only one that thought that-- Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You're actually telling me you've never heard of Arceus?" was Silver's deadpan reply as he glared at his old rival. Gold shrugged. "He's a GOD, dumbass!"

Gold blinked a bit before cocking his head. "Why would a butt be a God? That's a terrible idea." His eyes lit up, however, when something apparently occurred to him. "Is this why the saying is 'holy shit'?!"

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Phoenix on Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:16 pm

L-32 / A-56

Lexa couldn't help but get offended that no one answered her question, and even more so when instead the blonde began rattling off about a semi-present deity no one had heard from in hundreds of years. Her grip on Anubis tightened as she felt the younger male in her arms suddenly getting very anxious and upset the more the conversation continued.

"We hope. I'll get into how we'll do that later. But the ultimate goal is to try and contact the Original One Himself and see if he can help us purge this plague. It's a tall order, I know, but it's worth a try." Lexa scoffed gently, but held her tongue. It wasn't her place to contradict the delusions of the religious, especially when everyone needed something to hold onto these days. Even a single shred of hope was worth fighting for, even if it wasn't real. But what the fire type didn't realize was that Anubis was absorbing every word, the exchange shifting and reshaping his delicate state.

"How do you plan to contact Father? What 'right conditions' are needed? I knew that humans had once contacted him from here but... I wasn't aware of how they did it, exactly. I haven't been able to speak with him in so long I-" The Lucario wanted to hiss, to snarl at the small psychic type's entitlement. He wanted to rip the word Father from the Legend's throat and let him choke on it's worthlessness. He just...He wanted...

"I would... I would like to talk with him again..."

Completely ignoring Gold's continuing shenanigans, and Silver's scolding, Anubis's anger violently exploded. He set his vehement gaze set firmly upon the blue Legend as he stood up and unloaded all of the emotions he had been keeping pushed down through the entire conversation. "Why should you?" He seethed, voice cracking from the barely constrained storm swirling inside his mind. "Why should you get to see your Father when everyone else has to suffer with knowing their parent's are dead? What makes you so damn special?!" Lexa had never seen Anubis so upset before and began propping herself up and trying to push off of the floor to get to him, but the Lucario wouldn't hear of it. He sidestepped her easily to encroach on the hovering Azelf.

"Your false God means nothing to this world anymore, let him rot in his own ignorant bliss! If I don't get to have a Mother then you should have to suffer never getting your Father back. It's only fair. You Legends have always been so revered, but you are no better than the rest of us. Maybe it is high time you learn that for yourselves."

Anubis was panting by the end of his rant, his anger quickly drowning in the bitter sorrow and depression he had fought to cage the last few years. Tears streamed down his cheeks as he began to shake, dropping to the ground and cradling himself with his arms. Lexa had barely managed to roll back up before he hit the ground again and she wrapped her arms around the wounded canine, hushing him gently. "It's okay Anubis... She wouldn't want you to keep tormenting yourself like this. You need to let go..." Only a pained whimper was his response as sobs once again began shaking his fragile form.

"I'm so sorry Azelf, I-" She looked from the insulted Legend back down to the poor child in her arms. "I wish there were something more I could say to apologize for him, but it would be an empty platitude. Gentle souls like his....the Epidemic was not kind to them. He was never prepared for the horrors that he has had to live with and his mind simply couldn't cope. I'm sorry." She wished beyond hope that there was a way to help heal Anubis's mind, but given the current state of the world it seemed like too great a wish. But as she had reasoned with Cynthia; any hope, no matter how false, was worth clinging to in this new world.
Cynthia
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Cynthia on Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:40 am

(31)

"How do you plan to contact Father?" Azelf asked. "What 'right conditions' are needed? I knew that humans had once contacted him from here but... I wasn't aware of how they did it, exactly. I haven't been able to speak with him in so long I- I would... I would like to talk with him again..."

Cynthia gazed at the legend for a moment, weighing up her options. Should she show them all the talisman she had guarded so closely all these months? She had no reason to distrust any of her new friends, but the thought of her artifact going missing or getting damaged...the Champion shuddered at the thought.  

But on the other hand, they were going to find out eventually. Perhaps if they knew about it and just how valuable it was, they'd help her to protect it.

She glanced to the side and saw that Garchomp was watching her from nearby, the torchlight blazing in her eyes. Given the fact that she hadn't intervened, she seemed to be content to let Cynthia make the choice herself.

"...All right," she sighed, reaching into one of the many pockets in her coat. "I'll show you." But as her fingers closed around her treasure, tempers started to flare.

"What are you talking about?" Silver snarled. "Arceus isn't even real. And if He is, then why hasn't His Highness done anything about this? Arceus is a load of bullshit and-- I swear to God, Gold, stop fucking giggling!"

But as the two boys argued, Anubis was suddenly back on his feet, looking livid at Azelf. "Your false God means nothing to this world anymore, let him rot in his own ignorant bliss! If I don't get to have a Mother then you should have to suffer never getting your Father back. It's only fair. You Legends have always been so revered, but you are no better than the rest of us. Maybe it is high time you learn that for yourselves." And with that he collapsed again, and Lexa scooped the tormented Lucario up in her arms once more, spluttering out an apology to the blue pixie.

Cynthia's mind was almost numb with effort as she tried to piece together what she should say, but her shadow suddenly lengthened and she turned to see Garchomp looming behind her, the dragon staring down at the group with a stern expression.

"I think that's enough," she said, her voice gentle, but firm. "If you have a single shred of respect for us, and what we are risking our lives to do, you will listen to what Cynthia has to say."

It wasn't often that her dragon's jovial nature moved aside to allow this serious side to surface, but Cynthia was glad that it had. In the silence that followed, she reached back into her pocket and pulled out a round object about the size of a mango, wrapped up in blue cloth.

Tentatively, Cynthia moved the cloth aside and revealed what looked like a lilac lump of coral, with several circular chambers and a red mouthpiece. She drew in an awed breath, just like she did every time she saw it. She could still hardly believe that she had it in her possession. She ran her fingers across it, checking for any scratches or nicks, and was relieved to see that it was still in the pristine condition that she'd found it in.

Garchomp chuckled down at her Trainer, obviously too busy admiring their treasure to remember that she had an audience. She looked up at the group, pride shimmering across her smile. "This is the Azure Flute."
Nightfall
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Nightfall on Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:40 pm

Ruins of Alph (Underground Chambers)/??? (111)

Khan was trying extremely hard to keep hold of his temper.

"Arceus isn't even real. And if He is, then why hasn't His Highness done anything about this? Arceus is a load of bullshit and-- I swear to God, Gold, stop fucking giggling!"

"Your false God means nothing to this world anymore, let him rot in his own ignorant bliss! If I don't get to have a Mother then you should have to suffer never getting your Father back. It's only fair. You Legends have always been so revered, but you are no better than the rest of us. Maybe it is high time you learn that for yourselves."

He was up on his feet before he knew it, snarling at both Silver and Anubis. How dare they. How dare they speak about the legends in that way! Not only in front of Cynthia, who clearly believed in them and their power with all of her heart, but in front of Azelf himself! He had never known such ignorance; such disrespect. He thought of Mew, and that warm joy that only a divine could share. How was that 'bullshit' or 'nothing'?

Khan clenched his fists and marched forward, ready to give them both a piece of his mind.

But he stopped as Anubis shrank back into Lexa's arms. "I'm so sorry Azelf," the Blaziken said, looking stricken. "I-I wish there were something more I could say to apologize for him, but it would be an empty platitude. Gentle souls like his....the Epidemic was not kind to them. He was never prepared for the horrors that he has had to live with and his mind simply couldn't cope. I'm sorry."

Horrible memories surfaced in Khan's mind, of the times when he himself had cursed the very air he breathed. He saw himself standing on the edge of a ravine, and retreated back into the shadows with a wince. Nobody could've expected the epidemic and the horrors it brought with it, and everyone had different ways of coping with it. He himself had been like Anubis once; traumatized, confused, tearing himself to shreds in grief and rage.

But you have Lexa, Khan thought as he watched the two Fighting-types embrace. I didn't have anybody. I went through my grief alone. You may not recognise it, but you're luckier than you think.

Cynthia's Garchomp stepped up behind her Trainer to quell the situation. "If you have a single shred of respect for us, and what we are risking our lives to do, you will listen to what Cynthia has to say."

Khan couldn't have put it better himself. He took a deep breath and stepped forward as Cynthia took something wrapped in cloth out of her coat. She opened it to reveal an odd-looking rock with several circular chambers. Its shape morbidly reminded Khan of a human heart.

"This is the Azure Flute."

I should know that name,
Khan found himself thinking as he stared over Cynthia's shoulder at the instrument on her lap. I should know exactly what that thing is and what it's for. All I know is its name and I already know it's special. It certainly seemed to be, by the way Cynthia was gazing at it like it was a Big Nugget.

He might as well have been the first to ask: "What is the Azure Flute?"

Starbits
Elite
Elite

Post by Starbits on Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:35 pm

Alph Ruins - Underground | ??? | 38

Gold turns what was turning into a painful interrogation into something actually amusing.  While Azelf remains uneasy, even he can't keep from cracking a smile, his amusement spilling over into Prince's head.

But there's a storm brewing in someone else's heart, one that blots out what would have otherwise have been a solace.  Predictably, that storm erupts.

As Anubis takes his fury out on Azelf, the legend watches with a silent, drawn face, eyes growing larger inside his head as he stares at the furious canine.  He does not move to speak, not even when the Lucario threatens his personal space, though he does drift downwards and lean back away from the intrusion.

How dare he.

How dare he say Azelf deserves this how dare he how dare he-

Azelf moves further back, one arm letting go of  holding Prince to literally stay his hand.  The tiny fairy fumes.  Why is he letting this jerk walk all over him!  He doesn't deserve this; he doesn't!

Lexa's apology on the boy's behalf falls on deaf ears.  Though Azelf nods in silence, and his grief lifts a fraction-

I won't forgive you.  

He may have been intrigued and fascinated, even comforted, by the Azure Flute Cynthia produces.  He might have remembered what scant information Azelf knew of the artifact, what he shared with him around the campfire.  But open wounds don't close quickly, and in his grief and rage, Anubis tore open more than a few stern words from a dragon could heal, especially given Azelf's forgiving nature.

Perhaps that nature is what made his anger even stronger.  The pixie is so kind and understanding, more than Anubis deserves.  Maybe later he will be able to throw that back in his face.

He hopes it'll break something important when he does.

♋14 Badges♋
little fairy

Azelf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Azelf on Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:30 pm

Alph Ruins - Undergound || ??? || 41

And he thought Gold and Silver's conversation was edging into unwanted territory.  The bomb Anubis drops is... well... like a replica of the lake bomb.  In his brain.

"Why should you get to see your Father when everyone else has to suffer with knowing their parent's are dead? What makes you so damn special?!"   The pixie lowers in horror as the canine advances, staring up into his furious face with large eyes threatening to spill the tears that began to build up in them.  Without looking he reaches to grasp Prince's hand as it raises, feeling the little fairy shaking with rage and realizing that gracing Anubis black eye is not going to solve anything.

"Your false God means nothing to this world anymore, let him rot in his own ignorant bliss! If I don't get to have a Mother then you should have to suffer never getting your Father back. It's only fair. You Legends have always been so revered, but you are no better than the rest of us. Maybe it is high time you learn that for yourselves."  False god?  He's not false!  He's real!

He's real, and it's this knowledge that makes every word Anubis says dig deeper and deeper, beating the part of himself that fears Father has done the unthinkable and reminding him that such a part of him exists at all.

He's not better.  He's never felt better.  He knows that so well.  If he were better, they wouldn't be here, none of this would be happening, and this child would be safe at home with his family, not losing his marbles in a cave.

He stares up at the panting canine, forcing the tears not to spill, watching in silence as he collapses and Lexa moves forward to catch him, holding him closely as she addresses her broken friend. "It's okay Anubis... She wouldn't want you to keep tormenting yourself like this. You need to let go..."

He whimpers, he hears her, but he's crying too hard to reply.  She turns her attention to the frozen pixie.  "I'm so sorry Azelf, I-"  She looks from his stricken face to Anubis, and Azelf feels another tear in his heart open. "I wish there were something more I could say to apologize for him, but it would be an empty platitude. Gentle souls like his....the Epidemic was not kind to them. He was never prepared for the horrors that he has had to live with and his mind simply couldn't cope. I'm sorry."

His gaze moves from her, to Anubis, to the furious pixie in his arm.  

No.

The gentle ones could never have been prepared.  

He nods numbly, not trusting the lump in his throat to not spill over into his voice if he should try to speak.  Weeping like a child in front of a whole crowd... he could be sick from just the thought.

The dragon quiets the situaton far harsher than he would have, and Azelf regrets not speaking.  He watches in silence as Cynthia shows everyone the Azure Flute, but when Khan asks about it:

"An ancient artifact left by Fath... Arceus... to the humans," he mumbles, "as a way to contact him.  At least, that is what I remember, but it was hundreds and hundreds of years ago.  I could be mistaken after this much time has passed..."  He would not be surprised if the humans invented it themselves as a way to talk to their God.  

Maybe his long-lived memory just feels more comforted by the thought of Arceus leaving the humans a way to speak with him.

Ψ Warnings Manager Ψ

Silverishness
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Silverishness on Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:01 am

Post 18||Post 9

Though Silver had only been upset by the fact that they treated Arceus like something other than a mythical Big Brother, Anubis showed a different, all together new level of rage. "Why should you?" The young fighter's voice cracked with hate. "Why should you get to see your Father when everyone else has to suffer with knowing their parent's are dead? What makes you so damn special?! Your false God means nothing to this world anymore, let him rot in his own ignorant bliss! If I don't get to have a Mother then you should have to suffer never getting your Father back. It's only fair. You Legends have always been so revered, but you are no better than the rest of us. Maybe it is high time you learn that for yourselves."

The silence that came over the group was oppressive, and even Gold knew to keep his trap shut. He shied away from the center, instead opting to hide behind Silver. Lexa took the shaking fighter back into her arms, struggling to both calm him and assuage the others' tempers in the room. "It's okay Anubis... She wouldn't want you to keep tormenting yourself like this. You need to let go..." Anubis went back to sobbing, Silver and Gold both spectators to something that felt a little too private.

"I'm so sorry Azelf, I-" She looked from the insulted Legend back down to the poor child in her arms. "I wish there were something more I could say to apologize for him, but it would be an empty platitude. Gentle souls like his....the Epidemic was not kind to them. He was never prepared for the horrors that he has had to live with and his mind simply couldn't cope. I'm sorry."

"I think that's enough," the Garchomp interrupted, her voice soft and stern, like a mother scolding her young. Silver's lip curled at it, resenting the fact that she felt such a response was appropriate. "If you have a single shred of respect for us, and what we are risking our lives to do, you will listen to what Cynthia has to say."

All of your Arceus nonsense is quickly diminishing that, so at least I won't have to worry about it for long, Silver thought bitterly.

Cynthia pulled something out, a cloth of some sort. Or something wrapped in cloth. For a moment, Silver looked away as he rolled his eyes and glanced to the others; surely none of them were biting this bait? Still, his eyes were drawn back to the Champion when her dragon spoke again. "This is the Azure Flute."

"What is the Azure Flute?" At least Silver wasn't the only one in which the name meant nothing.

"An ancient artifact left by Fath... Arceus... to the humans," Azelf began in a low voice, "as a way to contact him. At least, that is what I remember, but it was hundreds and hundreds of years ago. I could be mistaken after this much time has passed..."

Silver's lip raised more in disgust. "And even if He existed, why would He want to talk to us now? Surely He already knows that we're in trouble, again, if He actually exists. If He were any sort of loving God, He would have stopped this plague by now."

Gold peeked out from behind his rival and stared at the Flute quizzically. "...Do... you think maybe it already got Him?" he asked quietly, looking to Cynthia and Azelf. worriedly. "Or maybe He's... caught somewhere? Can that happen? How does the Flute work? Does it summon Him or wake Him up, or- or- what- what-"

"Don't hurt yourself."

Last edited by Silverishness on Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
Cynthia
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Cynthia on Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:50 pm

(32)

Cynthia felt as though she was holding the entire world in her hands. Just touching it sent bolts of ecstatic energy through her whole being.

"What is the Azure Flute?" Khan asked, and the Champion was trying to put its purpose into coherent words when Azelf got there first: "An ancient artifact left by Fath... Arceus... to the humans, as a way to contact him.  At least, that is what I remember, but it was hundreds and hundreds of years ago.  I could be mistaken after this much time has passed..."

Cynthia nodded. "I couldn't have put it better myself," she said, finally tearing her gaze away from her talisman to smile up at them all. "There used to be many ways to contact Him in the past, all crafted and magicked by the ancients, but as far as I know, this is the only one left."

But it seemed that Silver wasn't finished yet. "And even if He existed, why would He want to talk to us now? Surely he already knows that we're in trouble, again, if he actually exists. If He were any sort of loving God, he would have stopped this plague by now."

"That's where part of our concern lies," said Garchomp. "Arceus lives in another plane of existence altogether. He could be literally anywhere in this universe. For all we know, he doesn't know anything of the fate that our planet has had to endure."

Cynthia held the flute up to examine its every feature in the torchlight. "This flute is said to, under the right conditions, be able to open a direction connection to Arceus Himself, wherever He may be." Her eyes glittered with pride. "We're hoping that all we have to do is to tell him...show him what has happened, and he'll come down from the cosmic and end the epidemic forever."

"It's all tall order," Garchomp said from behind her, "but we have to try. This could be our last chance."

Our last chance. A shiver passed down Cynthia's spine that had nothing to do with the cold. If this worked, they had saved the world. If it didn't, it was the end of all hope. The sheer weight of what they were doing...it hit her with the force of an avalanche, the way it always did when she laid out all the pieces like this. She lowered the flute back to her knees, lowering her face and trying desperately hard not to cry again.

"We can do it." Garchomp laid a fin over her Trainer's shoulder, obviously sensing another emotional outburst on the horizon. "I know we can. We've gone through so much, and now we're finally here. All we can do is press on, and make it to Sinjoh."

"Yes." Cynthia sniffed and wiped her nose. "We should keep moving." She stood up with a deep breath, wrapping the flute up again and carefully replacing it in her coat. "Is everybody all rested up and ready to go?"
Nightfall
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Nightfall on Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:11 pm

((Nnnngh, skip. There really isn't much for Khan to be saying or doing. He's just listening to the conversation in awe. He is ready to go, though.))
Starbits
Elite
Elite

Post by Starbits on Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:37 am

Alph Ruins - Underground | ??? | 39

"An ancient artifact left by Fath... Arceus... to the humans, as a way to contact him.  At least, that is what I remember, but it was hundreds and hundreds of years ago.  I could be mistaken after this much time has passed..."  The accompanying petting of his head is what brings Prince back from his fuming pit more than anything else, the pixie's gentle admissions soothing him no matter how angry he wanted to stay.  

Cynthia nodded. "I couldn't have put it better myself."  Prince looks over to her.  Maybe he... should have been paying attention...

"There used to be many ways to contact Him in the past, all crafted and magicked by the ancients, but as far as I know, this is the only one left."

"And even if He existed, why would He want to talk to us now? Surely he already knows that we're in trouble, again, if he actually exists. If He were any sort of loving God, he would have stopped this plague by now."  The young man's lip is pulled back in a sneer and Prince feels Azelf's stab of agony more than he does his flinch.  His little hands ball into fists.  why won't they leave him alone!?  Why does he insist on calling Azelf a liar!?

"That's where part of our concern lies," the dragon adds, and Prince has to pause to look at her, drawn back to the conversation yet again.  Huh? "Arceus lives in another plane of existence altogether. He could be literally anywhere in this universe. For all we know, he doesn't know anything of the fate that our planet has had to endure."

... Duh?  Had... that really not occurred to anyone here?  He knew that even before Azelf told him!

... Maybe not everyone heard the same stories.  

Cynthia held the flute up, Prince leaning over for a closer look.  his large eyes shine in the torchlight almost as much as the flute does. "This flute is said to, under the right conditions, be able to open a direction connection to Arceus Himself, wherever He may be. We're hoping that all we have to do is to tell him...show him what has happened, and he'll come down from the cosmic and end the epidemic forever."

"It's all tall order, but we have to try. This could be our last chance."

Last chance...  He can't help but shudder.  Cynthia does too, and then lowers her head.  Intense overload of emotion washes over her and, subsequently, him as well.  It's nearly enough to short circuit his brain.  

"We can do it." Her faithful dragon lays a hand over her shoulder. "I know we can. We've gone through so much, and now we're finally here. All we can do is press on, and make it to Sinjoh."

"Yes." She sniffles and wipes her nose.

Maybe she wasn't as put together as he first thought...

Still, she's a lot stronger than most nowadays.  He gives her a furtive look of admiration as she addresses the others.  "We should keep moving." She stands and returns the flute to her coat. "Is everybody all rested up and ready to go?"

"Y-yes."  There's not much more to say than to just answer her question, though now he realizes Cynthia was not the only one having an emotional overload.

Because something wet just landed on his head and he knows the cave rocks aren't dripping.

He reaches up and pats Azelf's face.

It's going to be okay.

♋14 Badges♋
little fairy

Azelf
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Azelf on Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:05 am

Alph Ruins - Undergound || ??? || 42

"I couldn't have put it better myself."  The pixie nods absently, still stroking Prince's hair.  "There used to be many ways to contact Him in the past, all crafted and magicked by the ancients, but as far as I know, this is the only one left."

Only one left.  He suppressed a shudder.

"And even if He existed, why would He want to talk to us now? Surely he already knows that we're in trouble, again, if he actually exists. If He were any sort of loving God, he would have stopped this plague by now."

Please stop stabbing the knife in.  Please.  

Gold is eyeing the flute with deep, childlike curiosity. "...Do... you think maybe it already got Him?"  He jerks as the question is posed to him, meeting Gold's anxious eyes.  "Or maybe He's... caught somewhere? Can that happen? How does the Flute work? Does it summon Him or wake Him up, or- or- what- what-"

"Don't hurt yourself."

"That's where part of our concern lies," Garchomp answers for Azelf. "Arceus lives in another plane of existence altogether. He could be literally anywhere in this universe. For all we know, he doesn't know anything of the fate that our planet has had to endure."

That has to be it.  It has to be.  

"This flute is said to, under the right conditions, be able to open a direction connection to Arceus Himself, wherever He may be. We're hoping that all we have to do is to tell him...show him what has happened, and he'll come down from the cosmic and end the epidemic forever."

"It's all tall order, but we have to try. This could be our last chance."

If this doesn't work, what would?  What could?  

It has to work. 

"We can do it. I know we can. We've gone through so much, and now we're finally here. All we can do is press on, and make it to Sinjoh."

"Yes." His heart aches, to see her sniff like that.

"We should keep moving." She stands up, tucking the precious artifact into her coat pocket. "Is everybody all rested up and ready to go?"

"Y-yes."  The boy pats his face.  It's... wet.

Oh.  He scrubs at an eye.  There.  That's better.

"I'm ready."  The sooner they reach Father, the better.

Ψ Warnings Manager Ψ

Silverishness
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Silverishness on Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:55 am

Post 19||Post 10

"That's where part of our concern lies," Garchomp answered, earning both the boys' gaze. Silver kept his arms crossed, his ire for the famed Sinnoh Champion and her pokemon continuing to build. "Arceus lives in another plane of existence altogether. He could be literally anywhere in this universe. For all we know, He doesn't know anything of the fate that our planet has had to endure."

Or, you know, He didn't exist all together. Or wasn't an actual God or as powerful as everyone worshiped Him to be. Silver had seen Legends with his own eyes-- hell, there was one right there, beside them. But as magnificent and awe-inspiring as those Legends had been, he still didn't think any one pokemon would have power enough to create His own legends or an entire world or the life to populate it. Thinking that was too tall of an order.

"This flute is said to, under the right conditions, be able to open a direction connection to Arceus Himself, wherever He may be. We're hoping that all we have to do is to tell Him...show Him what has happened, and He'll come down from the cosmic and end the epidemic forever." Was this lady high? Blow on a flute, summon God Himself and just... ask for Him to end the Epidemic? Silver's face scrunched up in a doubtful grimace as they continued to speak.

"It's all tall order, but we have to try. This could be our last chance." The Garchomp looked to be even more fire up than her trainer. They'd really duped themselves good, hadn't they? "We can do it. I know we can. We've gone through so much, and now we're finally here. All we can do is press on, and make it to Sinjoh."

"Yes." Cynthia's confirmation only strengthened Silver's growing dislike for her. She was risking herself, her pokemon, for some divine goose chase? It was ridiculous. Champions were supposed to be people to look up to and respect. What self-respecting person, especially one of power, would go and hurl themselves at an old, crumbling ruin in hopes of finding a place that likely didn't even exist in the first place, to make out with some old artifact in hopes of summoning a Pokemon that may or may not be real or powerful enough to help? It stunk of desperation. and while Silver was mature enough to admit that desperation was appropriate, it was still a tad late. What world could they save, at this point? "We should keep moving." She stood and tucked the artifact away. With only her jacket and a thin cloth to protect it, Silver was mildly surprised she hadn't managed to smash it yet. "Is everybody all rested up and ready to go?"

"Y-yes."

"I'm ready."

"This sounds amazing!" Gold erupted from behind Silver, jumping into the air, pumping his fists. "I'm 100 percent ready, Cynthia. Let's get to that Sinjoh place-- I want to see it! Working together, we should be able to do anything, right? We can do it!"

Silver moved away from his enthusiastic rival and toward Lexa and Anubis, offering the former a hand. "Looks like we found a bunch of religious nuts." he commented in a low, dry voice. "Should at least be interesting, though, right?"

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Phoenix on Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:58 am

L-33 / A-57

Lexa was unsure what to do with the trembling, sobbing form in her arms. Her apology to Azelf was the best she could offer and still she was left with no answer from Anubis. The Lucario was an enigma to her now. When he was still a Riolu, training under Cathal, Fenix, and herself, he was always shy and quiet but never so fragile. Fenix gave had bolstered his confidence until the small pup was worthy of taking on any evolution bigger than him and his moves were fierce and fluid. Now she only saw glimpses of that Anubis when in the heat of battle, but even then it is still not the same. That cold, distant gaze...he just wasn't the same.

"I think that's enough." The Garchomp distracted Lexa from her thoughts and despite her gentle tone the other female's voice cut straight through to the sobbing Lucario, his paws going slack in their death grip of Lexa's feathers. "If you have a single shred of respect for us, and what we are risking our lives to do, you will listen to what Cynthia has to say." Anubis lifted his head slowly from the crook of the Blaziken's shoulders and looked straight at the strange dragon who pretended to be worthy of his mother's position. He drew in a single breath and matched his gaze with hers, uttering just two simply words.

"I don't."

A small yet fierce aura began to tug at his senses, distracting him from his challenging glare and instead his eyes swept the room looking for the source. He closed them briefly and searched out for the swirling vortex of anger and it seemed to be emanating from the tiny fairy aloft in the arms of the False-God's child. He reached out mentally to try and touch the aura, inspect it, and recoiled when it practically bit him in response. This anger, it was...for him? Why?

But the group moved on, seemingly unfazed by the briefly tense moment, and the blonde continued with her blathering description of her 'noble cause'. "This is the Azure Flute." Anubis just snorted. "What is the Azure Flute?" Lexa too was curious about the strange instruments description, shifting Anubis to one side so she could more easily sit up and peer over him to get a better view. Anubis didn't like that very much and began poking her side with one of the spikes on his paw.

"An ancient artifact left by Fath... Arceus... to the humans," Azelf began, voice small at first as he likely was still recovering from the revelation of possibly contacting Arceus, "as a way to contact him. At least, that is what I remember, but it was hundreds and hundreds of years ago. I could be mistaken after this much time has passed..." Anubis stabbed at Lexa again, earning the fighter's ire and a firm slap on the back of the head.

"And even if He existed, why would He want to talk to us now? Surely He already knows that we're in trouble, again, if He actually exists. If He were any sort of loving God, He would have stopped this plague by now." Lexa was surprised by the venom in Silver's voice. She knew he wasn't a believer in the old tales by his response earlier, she herself was not exactly one either, but to outright mock someone's belief in these trying times was just unnecessary.

Gold, however, was more in tune with their host's story. "...Do... you think maybe it already got Him? Or maybe He's... caught somewhere? Can that happen? How does the Flute work? Does it summon Him or wake Him up, or- or- what- what-"

"Don't hurt yourself." Lexa frowned again but let it go. Silver had proven himself a friend but he was beginning to grow a rebellious streak that seemed to be almost natural for him. It was likely an old frame of mind coming up in defense to the current situation but it needed to be curbed or he could wind up on the wrong end of someone's anger. Most notably the Legend and the Champion.

"That's where part of our concern lies," That Garchomp sure was good at ignoring people's questions and responses, Anubis thought bitterly. Out of everything said the big, blue brute merely answered one question. "Arceus lives in another plane of existence altogether. He could be literally anywhere in this universe. For all we know, He doesn't know anything of the fate that our planet has had to endure."

Well wasn't that just peachy. Such a convenient answer for the reason "God" never showed himself. 'Well of course he hasn't! He doesn't live here! He lives somewhere else and we have to summon him to get God to do anything. Hardeharharhar.'

"This flute is said to, under the right conditions, be able to open a direction connection to Arceus Himself, wherever He may be. We're hoping that all we have to do is to tell Him...show Him what has happened, and He'll come down from the cosmic and end the epidemic forever." Anubis frowned deeply at the utter belief the Champion and her pokemon had at such a ridiculous statement. These people were nuts.

"It's all tall order, but we have to try. This could be our last chance. We can do it. I know we can. We've gone through so much, and now we're finally here. All we can do is press on, and make it to Sinjoh."

Lexa was impressed by the determination and resilience of both trainer and Pokemon, but she wasn't sure that any of it was a really good idea. Hope was a thing to be treasured nowadays, but something so far-fetched? Maybe they didn't realize that Hope could also be incredibly dangerous. Holding on to beliefs that were obvious failures could only lead to heartache and ruin, but yet these two chose to go for it. The Blaziken could only pray they wouldn't be too disappointed when they found what they were looking for.

"We should keep moving. Is everybody all rested up and ready to go?"

"Y-yes."

"I'm ready."

"We should be-"
"This sounds amazing!"

Gold's enthusiasm just couldn't be contained, it seemed, as the boy jovially bounced in place and charged himself up. "I'm 100 percent ready, Cynthia. Let's get to that Sinjoh place-- I want to see it! Working together, we should be able to do anything, right? We can do it!" Well, at least they wouldn't be bored?

Lexa gave a pitying smile at the strange boy and shook her head, pushing Anubis away gently to try and get up. As she began to shift her weight a pale hand came into view and she looked up to see Silver standing before her offering assistance. "Looks like we found a bunch of religious nuts." he said dryly, bordering on sardonic. "Should at least be interesting, though, right?"

"Should be," she agreed. She clasped the offered hand and used the boy as leverage to get back up, hissing as her old hip injury argued at the strange movement. The scar stretched and burned as she hobbled for a moment and Anubis worriedly rushed to her side. "Are you alright...?" he asked pitifully. Lexa merely patted his head and smiled. "Just the old complaint acting up again, it will settle. We should keep going though, we may be able to find a way out alongside them."

While Anubis wasn't pleased with the idea of following the band of idiots into the bowels of an unexplored ruin he didn't exactly have any better ideas of his own. So it looked like they were all stuck together, but at least maybe now he could figure out why the tiny fairy's aura was so bitter towards him.

((SUPER LONG MAKE UP POST XD!!! Star let me know if I should change the bit about Anubis sensing Prince's Aura. It was a stroke on inspiration that hit as I was writing the post or I would have mentioned it sooner lol))
Cynthia
Resistance
Resistance

Post by Cynthia on Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:10 pm

(33)

Everyone seemed to be ready, at least. Cynthia could've sprinted the rest of the way; she was unsure just how much longer she could wait.

"Garchomp." She placed a hand on her dragon's side as she started forward, carefully stepping over the rubble of the statue they'd destroyed. "I want you to stay out with me."

"Of course." Her scaly snout affectionately nudged her cheek and Cynthia wrapped her arms around her neck, incapable of loving her more at that moment.

They walked in silence for some time, with only the flickering shadows on the wall to accompany them. Cynthia paused from time to time to examine the wall murals, but otherwise the ruins continued onward without much change. She began to worry at one point, nervous that they had gone the wrong way, until they finally came to a left turn.

"Wait..." Her coat swept across the dusty floor as she hurried over to the wall next to it, where there was a stone carving surrounded by runes. It depicted a shimmering sphere surrounded by human-like figures on their knees, their hands outstretch in worship. Unown runes surrounded it.

"I haven't seen one of these yet," Garchomp said, peering at the carving over Cynthia's shoulder. "You think this is the right way?"

"It's something, at least." The Champion stood up, clicking her fingers and clutching Garchomp's arm. "This looks a lot like the carving in the Celestic Ruins - Arceus was depicted as a sphere in there as well."

"Let's remember our second theory about that one," Garchomp pointed out. "At one point we thought it might be depicting Palkia or Dialga--"

"Let's go this way," Cynthia said, sweeping round and taking the left turn. Another corridor of statues and flickering torches awaited, but her heart was beginning to flutter in her chest. Pages were turning in her head, ancient paintings, verses and runes leaping out at her. They were almost there. She could feel it.

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:14 am