Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the outbreak.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Catalyst. The Banner was made by Lady Silverfishes. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

(ACE) The BURNED Team

ShadowCharizard
Donator
Donator

Re: (ACE) The BURNED Team

Post by ShadowCharizard on Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:39 pm

Burned Tower|Dawn

Laying on the ground again with still no strength left in his body. Aaden was feeling guilty of not being able to save Balthazar. "I'm sorry." The Blaziken had to know that he wasn't at fault and it was Balth's decision to save them from a horrible fate. "She sacrificed herself...she knew we all wouldn't be able to get out...Balth..." It was a long night and the sun was already rising. Astrid was also feeling sad and horrified from the nightmare that had paid them a little visit. The one who should of paid the price was the jolteon himself for making to much noise. Even if he didn't make the noise it would have found them regardless. One thing did bother the eeveelution though, what did it mean by precious little angel? Was it seeking revenge or was it just insane. Whatever its reason is it was on a hell descent into madness. If he was to reason with one of them, but he wasn't skilled with that kind of stuff and definitely no psychic type. Only thing he can do for the others is fight alongside them even though his condition wasn't the greatest to do anything. "I tried..."

The Jolteon had enough of Aaden putting himself down and though Sparkster tried to get back up, he wanted to snap Aaden back to reality. Death happens, but giving up hope was something Sparkster would never go with. "Aaden, she did it on.....her own accord. She....knew that if we...all fought to our last breath, it would....have ended with...us dying." Staring right at the Blaziken with a serious look not breaking his contact. Even trying to get up with his strength all gone, but again to no avail. Sparkster didn't hold back what he said next. "If we all...died then what...would be left for...all our hopes and dreams? I don't...feel like being zombie chow. I've seen your arm....Aaden, yet you fight....against the odds. An old man once...told me that no....matter what happens, never...give up on what....you believe in." Though he does feel grief as well, the Jolteon refused to give in to the phantom pain that would cause him to do something even more reckless and stupid. "I'm sorry that...Balth sacrificed herself, but she....was at least to....my experience, she was a fighter...to the very end. Balthazar wouldn't want us....to give up because....of that. The way I see it, she protected....us from death." After that, he broke eye contact to look at Astrid who was terrified at the results of the situation. The child had suffered enough and it was time to comfort him as much as he could.

Sparkster tried his hardest to think of something to say. The kid had a likely chance of PTSD from that experience. Taking a deep breath, the electric eeveelution had to try to tell him whatever he could to at least give the kid someone to cry on. "Astrid? I know you're having....a hard time and that was something....that no kid should have...seen. Your mom wouldn't want....you to live in constant....horror. We'll....take care of you.....and protect you...as much as we can." Tears was starting to swell up as he reflected on the old man that he traveled with in the past. "I....lost someone as well...and Balth was the second....friend that I lost. My trainer died from....an illness that....affected his heart. He taught me....the life of a nomad.....and the reason to.....broaden my horizons." The most important thing though he wanted to tell them is that they must always remember the times they had with Balth. "Aaden, I know that....you guys had....more time with Balthazar. At least.....we can do...for her is to fight in her...honor. Anyways....I can't move still...and I need help....for a while. Can someone....carry me until...I can recover?" A simple request from his part until he was at least rested enough to regain his strength or if there was a couple potions around.

OoC)) I give permission to anyone to carry Sparkster around. He won't be able to walk for several cycles or until he's administered a few potions.
Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Phoenix on Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:27 pm

Burned Tower | Night
Post 106

"I'm sorry."

Kinah looked up from her slumped over posture against the wall and eyed the Blaziken as he began to mourn to himself. It was the same old story every single time. "She sacrificed herself...she knew we all wouldn't be able to get out...Balth..." She wanted to scold him for pitying himself but she couldn't bring herself to do it. That had been her not so long ago, in this very tower even, and then again at the ranch. Sometimes a warrior just needs to finish breaking down before they can put themselves back together. "I tried..."

"Aaden, she did it on.....her own accord. She....knew that if we...all fought to our last breath, it would....have ended with...us dying." Her eyes narrowed at the Jolteon as he began to speak, struggling through every breath. "If we all...died then what...would be left for...all our hopes and dreams? I don't...feel like being zombie chow. I've seen your arm....Aaden, yet you fight....against the odds. An old man once...told me that no....matter what happens, never...give up on what....you believe in."

Fights against the odds? She'd known the Blaziken five minutes but that just sounded wrong in her head. If he was fighting the odds why was there a piece of cloth hiding his wound? Why didn't he mention it? Everyone was surprised to see the infection raging in his arm so obviously he hadn't. That wasn't fighting that was running and it's all anyone could do once they were tainted. He continued to ramble and she did her best to simply ignore the panting, gasping idiot until he choked out one sentence that pushed her from being apathetic to aggressive.

"Aaden, I know that....you guys had....more time with Balthazar. At least.....we can do...for her is to fight in her...honor. Anyways....I can't move still...and I need help....for a while. Can someone....carry me until...I can recover?"

"Oh shut up," she finally groaned out. "You and your soap box can drag yourselves down from this tower. You want to speak about hopes and dreams? HA." She stood up and crossed her arms angrily, leveling a dangerous glare to the injured electric type. "You can't even breathe but you want to give others a noble 'life is precious' speech. It's disgusting. Can you imagine how irritating it is to hear someone preach about things they know nothing about when they have to suck in air every third word? You want to fight the inevitability of your own death but the instant trouble hit you rolled over and let it trample you, praying to some non-existent deity that you might survive. Grow the hell up and realize this world doesn't care about you or your dreams, all it wants to do now is see you die. That is the world now."

She inhaled sharply as her anger began to attempt to overwhelm her growing silent for a moment as her eyes wandered to each pokemon that managed to survive the nightmare they had all just lived through. Her eyes fell on the blood trail where Balthazar's body had been dragged away and sighed heavily, anger gone and her usual cold emptiness returning. "All we can do now is try not to make it easy for them."
Storm
Ace
Ace

Post by Storm on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:42 pm

(( Sorry, but please skip me, just haven't had the time to post right now. ))
NyraXerz
Primary Artist
Primary Artist

Post by NyraXerz on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:05 am

Burned Tower || Dawn

"Aaden, she did it on.....her own accord. She....knew that if we...all fought to our last breath, it would....have ended with...us dying." Sparkster says, raising his eyes to meet Aaden's and refusing to advert his gaze as he continues. "If we all...died then what...would be left for...all our hopes and dreams? I don't...feel like being zombie chow. I've seen your arm....Aaden, yet you fight....against the odds. An old man once...told me that no....matter what happens, never...give up on what....you believe in." Dreams? Did he even have any left...? Or did they all die long ago with the rest of his team? At the mention of his infection, he is the one to break eye contact and look down at the abandoned ribbon. She wouldn't have wanted him to give up...

Slowly, he goes to retrieve it and when he looks back to Sparkster, his eyes are still stead on him. Aaden hesitates putting it on and instead holds it across his two open palms. It's battered, dirty and tearing, but still one whole piece. He didn't know what to say, but soon the attention was shifted to Astrid and the pressure of an immediate response was gone. "You can't even breathe but you want to give others a noble 'life is precious' speech. It's disgusting. Can you imagine how irritating it is to hear someone preach about things they know nothing about when they have to suck in air every third word? You want to fight the inevitability of your own death but the instant trouble hit you rolled over and let it trample you, praying to some non-existent deity that you might survive. Grow the hell up and realize this world doesn't care about you or your dreams, all it wants to do now is see you die. That is the world now." Kinah said, anger boiling over at Sparkster's speech.

The other fighter eyes the electric-type dangerously, her arms crossed, but her own rebuttal seems to sap her emotional strength."All we can do now is try not to make it easy for them." She continues coldly.

"It feels like it's been longer than it probably has...I had a trainer and a team once. We were ambushed one night, a lot like this...but I was the only one alive the next morning. If you call being infected 'alive,'" He growls lowly at the last part, moving to tie the ribbon back around his wound. "My dream is fight while I'm still me. To go down fighting. The one who's ribbon this is...she wouldn't want me to just roll over and die. I don't know how long I have left, but I'm not going to let it end here in this crappy tower." He finally pulls the last section of ribbon into place, pulling to make sure the knot is strong before lowering his arms again. "I understand if you don't want me here anymore, but if you let me I'll stay until I start losing myself."

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
Larka's Art Shop
Sketchbook
ShadowCharizard
Donator
Donator

Post by ShadowCharizard on Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:30 am

OoC)) Skip, Sparkster is just laying there not saying anything else.
Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Phoenix on Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:34 am

Burned Tower | Night
Post 107

Kinah stared at the useless, yellow lump as she waited for any kind of response, rolling her eyes and scowling when nothing came. Fine then. He wanted to be such a martyr he could die up here but she was going downstairs now before anything else tried to find them up here. She didn't have patience or time for dead weight. What little sleep she had was going to need to be enough because there was no way she was spending another night here in this tower of death.

"It feels like it's been longer than it probably has..." Was the only response after her own venting and it came from the infected Blaziken. "I had a trainer and a team once. We were ambushed one night, a lot like this...but I was the only one alive the next morning. If you call being infected 'alive,'" Kinah reached up and touched the scars running down her eye with a frown recalling all too well how horrifying it is to wake up and realize everyone else was gone but yourself. "My dream is fight while I'm still me. To go down fighting. The one who's ribbon this is...she wouldn't want me to just roll over and die. I don't know how long I have left, but I'm not going to let it end here in this crappy tower."

"I understand if you don't want me here anymore, but if you let me I'll stay until I start losing myself." Kinah nodded firmly and looked around the room to the rest of the pitiful crew still assembled atop this wretched tower. "Finally, the first sensible thing I've heard since I got here. I've kept infected at my side before but I won't hesitate to put you down once you become a threat. As long as we agree on that I don't see how having some extra fire around could hurt."
Storm
Ace
Ace

Post by Storm on Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:43 pm

Burned Tower || Night

Everything was lost to him, everything happening in the background he hardly paid any attention to, his attention was just on the hole in the way. His eyes were still wide and filled with tears as images of his mother passed through his mind. He still felt heart broken, he thought the feeling had finally left him after all the time that passed since then, but seeing this, seeing the Mightyena get torn in two, he just, he couldn’t hold it. He still grieved for her, he still missed her and wished she could come back and tell him everything was going to be okay, but she wouldn’t, cause this wasn’t just a bad dream, this was reality now, and he had to survive, for her, for him.

Astrid tried his hardest to stop crying, even trying to wipe away what tears had been shed with his paws as he tried to get to stand up, putting as little pressure as he could on his sore leg. It didn’t feel like it had been dislocated, but the harsh tug made it feel like it had been, and it would most likely hinder him for awhile, which made him fear that they would leave him behind if he was to slow.

"It feels like it's been longer than it probably has..." Astrid’s attention was finally taken as he turned it to the Blaziken as he started talking, sorrow and grief still clear in his duel coloured eyes. "I had a trainer and a team once. We were ambushed one night, a lot like this...but I was the only one alive the next morning. If you call being infected 'alive,'" Yes, he wasn’t the only one hurting, he wasn’t the only one who had lost someone, he had to stop thinking of himself, he had to think of the others now too, they needed him to be strong, he had to be strong. "My dream is fight while I'm still me. To go down fighting. The one who's ribbon this is...she wouldn't want me to just roll over and die. I don't know how long I have left, but I'm not going to let it end here in this crappy tower. I understand if you don't want me here anymore, but if you let me I'll stay until I start losing myself."

Waiting for him to finish, Astrid soon limped over to Aiden and placed a reassuring paw on the others leg, his gaze up so he was looking at the fire types eyes. “I may be new to the group… and so, I don’t know you or anyone very well yet… but so long as you’re still you, I’d like if you could stay…” He said, mustering up enough courage to raise his voice loud enough to be heard.
NyraXerz
Primary Artist
Primary Artist

Post by NyraXerz on Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Burned Tower || Dawn

"Finally, the first sensible thing I've heard since I got here. I've kept infected at my side before but I won't hesitate to put you down once you become a threat. As long as we agree on that I don't see how having some extra fire around could hurt." Aaden looks over to Kinah with surprise. He had been sure she would have been one of the most adamant for him to leave given what she had told them before about her experience with undead. Of course, it comes with the eventual promise to put him down. However, he'd expect nothing less. As much as he tries not to think about it, one day soon he may need that to ensure everyone else is safe. "Thank you..." He responds quietly, nodding back in agreement to the other fighter.

Aaden has to fight the urge to flinch as an unexpected paw touches his leg. Seeing that it is Astrid, he stands stock-still, unsure how to act around the child now that they know the truth about him. The kid must already be scared enough for two lifetimes... “I may be new to the group… and so, I don’t know you or anyone very well yet… but so long as you’re still you, I’d like if you could stay…” Swallowing the thump forming in his throat, Aaden does his best to keep his voice even. "I'll stay as long as I'm able...thank you. We'd like you to stay too, if you still want to that is."

Without another look back at the window, he reaches down to gently pick up the out-of-commission jolteon with both hands. "It's not safe to stay here in case it comes back...the city ain't safe either, but it's better than here."

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
Larka's Art Shop
Sketchbook
ShadowCharizard
Donator
Donator

Post by ShadowCharizard on Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:07 pm

Burned Tower|Dawn

Sparkster felt useless. Lying on the ground with no energy in him to even stand let alone move. Whatever hell Kinah had endured purely made her bitter towards everything. Afterwards the jolteon started shedding tears knowing that judgement was passed onto him and not a single care was given. Would they seriously leave him to die in a place like this? The only option left now is to end his own life. Not one would miss him. A nomad's death is like dying without ever being known. Nobody knows him anyways, he has nobody to fight for and no one to pass on his inheritance. What would they care about a nobody who is inexperienced in dealing with the more powerful undead. Balth died saving him from death and it was his fault to begin with. For that Sparkster hated himself for it and Aaden's not the danger to the group. Nomads now these days are hunted by the undead and put the sword in a manner of speaking. However, he felt someone picking him up off the ground. "It's not safe to stay here in case it comes back...the city ain't safe either, but it's better than here." Aaden had no doubt still cared for him. One thing was right though that Kinah had said. He let fear take hold and lost hope. No, no more letting fear control him. It's about time he told something that he kept bottled up.

Without a thought, Sparkster had said something that he felt he should tell Aaden. "I feel...inexperienced still. Truthfully, a human had....put me in something.....while the undead killed everyone. I watched helplessly....as everyone I knew...and loved get slaughtered. It mortified me and anxiety.....would not go away since then. I choked when that undead....showed up. I can't shake my past. Please Aaden, don't let me be weak. I don't want to be a burden on...anyone." Eventually he would have to except that the world has turned dark and evil that the only way to survive is to fight and get stronger. It would be hard and dangerous, but after getting rest and maybe something to restore his strength, he'll need to let go of the things that held him back and fight. "Will you guys help....me get stronger and help me get over....my fear. I don't want another repeat of the....Goldenrod Panic." That's what he referred to the scene he remembers.
Phoenix
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Phoenix on Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:00 pm

((Forgive the long delay but I have had a devil of a time trying to get Kinah to do anything that can be written longer than two sentences so I'm going to have to skip. Essentially it boils down to she is too salty to talk and sticks by Sil and Hannibal until Aaden starts to leave.))
Storm
Ace
Ace

Post by Storm on Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:41 pm

Burned Tower || Night

"I'll stay as long as I'm able...thank you. We'd like you to stay too, if you still want to that is." Astrid managed a small smile as he took a few steps from Aaden to give him some space. "It's not safe to stay here in case it comes back...the city ain't safe either, but it's better than here." The Fire Fighting type, and Astrid agreed. Having just been out there himself, he knew the city wasn't safe, but he indeed guessed it was better then a run down tower like this.

Astrid tried to avoid looking back at the hole in the wall, and so until they started to move out, he'd try and keep his back to it for the time being, keeping it out of his line of sight was the best he could do at the moment.

(( Sorry for the very short post, didn't know what to really have him do and I didn't want to skip again. ))
NyraXerz
Primary Artist
Primary Artist

Post by NyraXerz on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:23 pm

Burned Tower || Dawn

Aaden squints his eyes against the bright morning light that assaults his eyes as he crosses the threshold into the outdoors. In sharp contrast to everything that has happened the air is still and the city silent. If you didn't look down at the destroyed buildings and forced your mind off of everyone you lost it could be called a nice morning. The sun was barely peeking over the horizon painting the sky in pinks, oranges and deep blues. A slight fog clinging to the ground. The other undead must have left when their 'leader' appeared...or maybe they still slept?

"I feel...inexperienced still. Truthfully, a human had....put me in something.....while the undead killed everyone. I watched helplessly....as everyone I knew...and loved get slaughtered. It mortified me and anxiety.....would not go away since then. I choked when that undead....showed up. I can't shake my past. Please Aaden, don't let me be weak. I don't want to be a burden on...anyone." Aaden listens quietly as the jolteon in his arms confesses. "It's normal to be afraid...you can't let it overtake you. You can't change the past and the future ain't pretty so focus on the here and now. The present is the most important and it's easier to focus when you're only looking at what's right in front of you." Aaden responds, eyes scanning over the eternally autumn trees lining the side of the burned tower.

"For now, let's focus on getting some healing. I know there's an old mart in this town, though the rat swarm from yesterday is bound to be somewhere in the city rubble. Otherwise I've heard the forest on the far side towards the water has some berry trees. We will have to skirt around most of the town, but it seems like our best bet. We're not ready for another fight." He says, speaking loud enough to be heard, but not enough to truly break the still atmosphere of the city.

"Will you guys help....me get stronger and help me get over....my fear. I don't want another repeat of the....Goldenrod Panic." Aaden shifts his arm, readjusting Sparkster's weight in his arm. "I promise to help as long as I am able to."

Larka's Art Shop
Sketchbook

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:03 pm