Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+16
Silverishness
Abysswalker
Phoenix
Moon Moon
Volcarona
Nightfall
Min
MightEpicon
CelestialSeren
Cofagrigus
Scizor
Lucario
Chroma
renegade
identitist
2KB
20 posters

(ACE) The BURNED Team

ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

(ACE) The BURNED Team - Page 11 Empty Re: (ACE) The BURNED Team

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Burned Tower|Dawn

Laying on the ground again with still no strength left in his body. Aaden was feeling guilty of not being able to save Balthazar. "I'm sorry." The Blaziken had to know that he wasn't at fault and it was Balth's decision to save them from a horrible fate. "She sacrificed herself...she knew we all wouldn't be able to get out...Balth..." It was a long night and the sun was already rising. Astrid was also feeling sad and horrified from the nightmare that had paid them a little visit. The one who should of paid the price was the jolteon himself for making to much noise. Even if he didn't make the noise it would have found them regardless. One thing did bother the eeveelution though, what did it mean by precious little angel? Was it seeking revenge or was it just insane. Whatever its reason is it was on a hell descent into madness. If he was to reason with one of them, but he wasn't skilled with that kind of stuff and definitely no psychic type. Only thing he can do for the others is fight alongside them even though his condition wasn't the greatest to do anything. "I tried..."

The Jolteon had enough of Aaden putting himself down and though Sparkster tried to get back up, he wanted to snap Aaden back to reality. Death happens, but giving up hope was something Sparkster would never go with. "Aaden, she did it on.....her own accord. She....knew that if we...all fought to our last breath, it would....have ended with...us dying." Staring right at the Blaziken with a serious look not breaking his contact. Even trying to get up with his strength all gone, but again to no avail. Sparkster didn't hold back what he said next. "If we all...died then what...would be left for...all our hopes and dreams? I don't...feel like being zombie chow. I've seen your arm....Aaden, yet you fight....against the odds. An old man once...told me that no....matter what happens, never...give up on what....you believe in." Though he does feel grief as well, the Jolteon refused to give in to the phantom pain that would cause him to do something even more reckless and stupid. "I'm sorry that...Balth sacrificed herself, but she....was at least to....my experience, she was a fighter...to the very end. Balthazar wouldn't want us....to give up because....of that. The way I see it, she protected....us from death." After that, he broke eye contact to look at Astrid who was terrified at the results of the situation. The child had suffered enough and it was time to comfort him as much as he could.

Sparkster tried his hardest to think of something to say. The kid had a likely chance of PTSD from that experience. Taking a deep breath, the electric eeveelution had to try to tell him whatever he could to at least give the kid someone to cry on. "Astrid? I know you're having....a hard time and that was something....that no kid should have...seen. Your mom wouldn't want....you to live in constant....horror. We'll....take care of you.....and protect you...as much as we can." Tears was starting to swell up as he reflected on the old man that he traveled with in the past. "I....lost someone as well...and Balth was the second....friend that I lost. My trainer died from....an illness that....affected his heart. He taught me....the life of a nomad.....and the reason to.....broaden my horizons." The most important thing though he wanted to tell them is that they must always remember the times they had with Balth. "Aaden, I know that....you guys had....more time with Balthazar. At least.....we can do...for her is to fight in her...honor. Anyways....I can't move still...and I need help....for a while. Can someone....carry me until...I can recover?" A simple request from his part until he was at least rested enough to regain his strength or if there was a couple potions around.

OoC)) I give permission to anyone to carry Sparkster around. He won't be able to walk for several cycles or until he's administered a few potions.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:27 pm

Burned Tower | Night
    Post 106

"I'm sorry."

Kinah looked up from her slumped over posture against the wall and eyed the Blaziken as he began to mourn to himself. It was the same old story every single time. "She sacrificed herself...she knew we all wouldn't be able to get out...Balth..." She wanted to scold him for pitying himself but she couldn't bring herself to do it. That had been her not so long ago, in this very tower even, and then again at the ranch. Sometimes a warrior just needs to finish breaking down before they can put themselves back together. "I tried..."

"Aaden, she did it on.....her own accord. She....knew that if we...all fought to our last breath, it would....have ended with...us dying." Her eyes narrowed at the Jolteon as he began to speak, struggling through every breath. "If we all...died then what...would be left for...all our hopes and dreams? I don't...feel like being zombie chow. I've seen your arm....Aaden, yet you fight....against the odds. An old man once...told me that no....matter what happens, never...give up on what....you believe in."

Fights against the odds? She'd known the Blaziken five minutes but that just sounded wrong in her head. If he was fighting the odds why was there a piece of cloth hiding his wound? Why didn't he mention it? Everyone was surprised to see the infection raging in his arm so obviously he hadn't. That wasn't fighting that was running and it's all anyone could do once they were tainted. He continued to ramble and she did her best to simply ignore the panting, gasping idiot until he choked out one sentence that pushed her from being apathetic to aggressive.

"Aaden, I know that....you guys had....more time with Balthazar. At least.....we can do...for her is to fight in her...honor. Anyways....I can't move still...and I need help....for a while. Can someone....carry me until...I can recover?"

"Oh shut up," she finally groaned out. "You and your soap box can drag yourselves down from this tower. You want to speak about hopes and dreams? HA." She stood up and crossed her arms angrily, leveling a dangerous glare to the injured electric type. "You can't even breathe but you want to give others a noble 'life is precious' speech. It's disgusting. Can you imagine how irritating it is to hear someone preach about things they know nothing about when they have to suck in air every third word? You want to fight the inevitability of your own death but the instant trouble hit you rolled over and let it trample you, praying to some non-existent deity that you might survive. Grow the hell up and realize this world doesn't care about you or your dreams, all it wants to do now is see you die. That is the world now."

She inhaled sharply as her anger began to attempt to overwhelm her growing silent for a moment as her eyes wandered to each pokemon that managed to survive the nightmare they had all just lived through. Her eyes fell on the blood trail where Balthazar's body had been dragged away and sighed heavily, anger gone and her usual cold emptiness returning. "All we can do now is try not to make it easy for them."
    Storm
    Storm
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Storm Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:42 pm

(( Sorry, but please skip me, just haven't had the time to post right now. ))
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:05 am

Burned Tower || Dawn

"Aaden, she did it on.....her own accord. She....knew that if we...all fought to our last breath, it would....have ended with...us dying." Sparkster says, raising his eyes to meet Aaden's and refusing to advert his gaze as he continues. "If we all...died then what...would be left for...all our hopes and dreams? I don't...feel like being zombie chow. I've seen your arm....Aaden, yet you fight....against the odds. An old man once...told me that no....matter what happens, never...give up on what....you believe in." Dreams? Did he even have any left...? Or did they all die long ago with the rest of his team? At the mention of his infection, he is the one to break eye contact and look down at the abandoned ribbon. She wouldn't have wanted him to give up...

Slowly, he goes to retrieve it and when he looks back to Sparkster, his eyes are still stead on him. Aaden hesitates putting it on and instead holds it across his two open palms. It's battered, dirty and tearing, but still one whole piece. He didn't know what to say, but soon the attention was shifted to Astrid and the pressure of an immediate response was gone. "You can't even breathe but you want to give others a noble 'life is precious' speech. It's disgusting. Can you imagine how irritating it is to hear someone preach about things they know nothing about when they have to suck in air every third word? You want to fight the inevitability of your own death but the instant trouble hit you rolled over and let it trample you, praying to some non-existent deity that you might survive. Grow the hell up and realize this world doesn't care about you or your dreams, all it wants to do now is see you die. That is the world now." Kinah said, anger boiling over at Sparkster's speech.

The other fighter eyes the electric-type dangerously, her arms crossed, but her own rebuttal seems to sap her emotional strength."All we can do now is try not to make it easy for them." She continues coldly.

"It feels like it's been longer than it probably has...I had a trainer and a team once. We were ambushed one night, a lot like this...but I was the only one alive the next morning. If you call being infected 'alive,'" He growls lowly at the last part, moving to tie the ribbon back around his wound. "My dream is fight while I'm still me. To go down fighting. The one who's ribbon this is...she wouldn't want me to just roll over and die. I don't know how long I have left, but I'm not going to let it end here in this crappy tower." He finally pulls the last section of ribbon into place, pulling to make sure the knot is strong before lowering his arms again. "I understand if you don't want me here anymore, but if you let me I'll stay until I start losing myself."

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:30 am

OoC)) Skip, Sparkster is just laying there not saying anything else.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:34 am

Burned Tower | Night
    Post 107

Kinah stared at the useless, yellow lump as she waited for any kind of response, rolling her eyes and scowling when nothing came. Fine then. He wanted to be such a martyr he could die up here but she was going downstairs now before anything else tried to find them up here. She didn't have patience or time for dead weight. What little sleep she had was going to need to be enough because there was no way she was spending another night here in this tower of death.

"It feels like it's been longer than it probably has..." Was the only response after her own venting and it came from the infected Blaziken. "I had a trainer and a team once. We were ambushed one night, a lot like this...but I was the only one alive the next morning. If you call being infected 'alive,'" Kinah reached up and touched the scars running down her eye with a frown recalling all too well how horrifying it is to wake up and realize everyone else was gone but yourself. "My dream is fight while I'm still me. To go down fighting. The one who's ribbon this is...she wouldn't want me to just roll over and die. I don't know how long I have left, but I'm not going to let it end here in this crappy tower."

"I understand if you don't want me here anymore, but if you let me I'll stay until I start losing myself." Kinah nodded firmly and looked around the room to the rest of the pitiful crew still assembled atop this wretched tower. "Finally, the first sensible thing I've heard since I got here. I've kept infected at my side before but I won't hesitate to put you down once you become a threat. As long as we agree on that I don't see how having some extra fire around could hurt."
    Storm
    Storm
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Storm Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:43 pm

Burned Tower || Night

Everything was lost to him, everything happening in the background he hardly paid any attention to, his attention was just on the hole in the way. His eyes were still wide and filled with tears as images of his mother passed through his mind. He still felt heart broken, he thought the feeling had finally left him after all the time that passed since then, but seeing this, seeing the Mightyena get torn in two, he just, he couldn’t hold it. He still grieved for her, he still missed her and wished she could come back and tell him everything was going to be okay, but she wouldn’t, cause this wasn’t just a bad dream, this was reality now, and he had to survive, for her, for him.

Astrid tried his hardest to stop crying, even trying to wipe away what tears had been shed with his paws as he tried to get to stand up, putting as little pressure as he could on his sore leg. It didn’t feel like it had been dislocated, but the harsh tug made it feel like it had been, and it would most likely hinder him for awhile, which made him fear that they would leave him behind if he was to slow.

"It feels like it's been longer than it probably has..." Astrid’s attention was finally taken as he turned it to the Blaziken as he started talking, sorrow and grief still clear in his duel coloured eyes. "I had a trainer and a team once. We were ambushed one night, a lot like this...but I was the only one alive the next morning. If you call being infected 'alive,'" Yes, he wasn’t the only one hurting, he wasn’t the only one who had lost someone, he had to stop thinking of himself, he had to think of the others now too, they needed him to be strong, he had to be strong. "My dream is fight while I'm still me. To go down fighting. The one who's ribbon this is...she wouldn't want me to just roll over and die. I don't know how long I have left, but I'm not going to let it end here in this crappy tower. I understand if you don't want me here anymore, but if you let me I'll stay until I start losing myself."

Waiting for him to finish, Astrid soon limped over to Aiden and placed a reassuring paw on the others leg, his gaze up so he was looking at the fire types eyes. “I may be new to the group… and so, I don’t know you or anyone very well yet… but so long as you’re still you, I’d like if you could stay…” He said, mustering up enough courage to raise his voice loud enough to be heard.
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Burned Tower || Dawn

"Finally, the first sensible thing I've heard since I got here. I've kept infected at my side before but I won't hesitate to put you down once you become a threat. As long as we agree on that I don't see how having some extra fire around could hurt." Aaden looks over to Kinah with surprise. He had been sure she would have been one of the most adamant for him to leave given what she had told them before about her experience with undead. Of course, it comes with the eventual promise to put him down. However, he'd expect nothing less. As much as he tries not to think about it, one day soon he may need that to ensure everyone else is safe. "Thank you..." He responds quietly, nodding back in agreement to the other fighter.

Aaden has to fight the urge to flinch as an unexpected paw touches his leg. Seeing that it is Astrid, he stands stock-still, unsure how to act around the child now that they know the truth about him. The kid must already be scared enough for two lifetimes... “I may be new to the group… and so, I don’t know you or anyone very well yet… but so long as you’re still you, I’d like if you could stay…” Swallowing the thump forming in his throat, Aaden does his best to keep his voice even. "I'll stay as long as I'm able...thank you. We'd like you to stay too, if you still want to that is."

Without another look back at the window, he reaches down to gently pick up the out-of-commission jolteon with both hands. "It's not safe to stay here in case it comes back...the city ain't safe either, but it's better than here."

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:07 pm

Burned Tower|Dawn

Sparkster felt useless. Lying on the ground with no energy in him to even stand let alone move. Whatever hell Kinah had endured purely made her bitter towards everything. Afterwards the jolteon started shedding tears knowing that judgement was passed onto him and not a single care was given. Would they seriously leave him to die in a place like this? The only option left now is to end his own life. Not one would miss him. A nomad's death is like dying without ever being known. Nobody knows him anyways, he has nobody to fight for and no one to pass on his inheritance. What would they care about a nobody who is inexperienced in dealing with the more powerful undead. Balth died saving him from death and it was his fault to begin with. For that Sparkster hated himself for it and Aaden's not the danger to the group. Nomads now these days are hunted by the undead and put the sword in a manner of speaking. However, he felt someone picking him up off the ground. "It's not safe to stay here in case it comes back...the city ain't safe either, but it's better than here." Aaden had no doubt still cared for him. One thing was right though that Kinah had said. He let fear take hold and lost hope. No, no more letting fear control him. It's about time he told something that he kept bottled up.

Without a thought, Sparkster had said something that he felt he should tell Aaden. "I feel...inexperienced still. Truthfully, a human had....put me in something.....while the undead killed everyone. I watched helplessly....as everyone I knew...and loved get slaughtered. It mortified me and anxiety.....would not go away since then. I choked when that undead....showed up. I can't shake my past. Please Aaden, don't let me be weak. I don't want to be a burden on...anyone." Eventually he would have to except that the world has turned dark and evil that the only way to survive is to fight and get stronger. It would be hard and dangerous, but after getting rest and maybe something to restore his strength, he'll need to let go of the things that held him back and fight. "Will you guys help....me get stronger and help me get over....my fear. I don't want another repeat of the....Goldenrod Panic." That's what he referred to the scene he remembers.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:00 pm

((Forgive the long delay but I have had a devil of a time trying to get Kinah to do anything that can be written longer than two sentences so I'm going to have to skip. Essentially it boils down to she is too salty to talk and sticks by Sil and Hannibal until Aaden starts to leave.))
    Storm
    Storm
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Storm Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:41 pm

Burned Tower || Night

"I'll stay as long as I'm able...thank you. We'd like you to stay too, if you still want to that is." Astrid managed a small smile as he took a few steps from Aaden to give him some space. "It's not safe to stay here in case it comes back...the city ain't safe either, but it's better than here." The Fire Fighting type, and Astrid agreed. Having just been out there himself, he knew the city wasn't safe, but he indeed guessed it was better then a run down tower like this.

Astrid tried to avoid looking back at the hole in the wall, and so until they started to move out, he'd try and keep his back to it for the time being, keeping it out of his line of sight was the best he could do at the moment.

(( Sorry for the very short post, didn't know what to really have him do and I didn't want to skip again. ))
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:23 pm

Burned Tower || Dawn

Aaden squints his eyes against the bright morning light that assaults his eyes as he crosses the threshold into the outdoors. In sharp contrast to everything that has happened the air is still and the city silent. If you didn't look down at the destroyed buildings and forced your mind off of everyone you lost it could be called a nice morning. The sun was barely peeking over the horizon painting the sky in pinks, oranges and deep blues. A slight fog clinging to the ground. The other undead must have left when their 'leader' appeared...or maybe they still slept?

"I feel...inexperienced still. Truthfully, a human had....put me in something.....while the undead killed everyone. I watched helplessly....as everyone I knew...and loved get slaughtered. It mortified me and anxiety.....would not go away since then. I choked when that undead....showed up. I can't shake my past. Please Aaden, don't let me be weak. I don't want to be a burden on...anyone." Aaden listens quietly as the jolteon in his arms confesses. "It's normal to be afraid...you can't let it overtake you. You can't change the past and the future ain't pretty so focus on the here and now. The present is the most important and it's easier to focus when you're only looking at what's right in front of you." Aaden responds, eyes scanning over the eternally autumn trees lining the side of the burned tower.

"For now, let's focus on getting some healing. I know there's an old mart in this town, though the rat swarm from yesterday is bound to be somewhere in the city rubble. Otherwise I've heard the forest on the far side towards the water has some berry trees. We will have to skirt around most of the town, but it seems like our best bet. We're not ready for another fight." He says, speaking loud enough to be heard, but not enough to truly break the still atmosphere of the city.

"Will you guys help....me get stronger and help me get over....my fear. I don't want another repeat of the....Goldenrod Panic." Aaden shifts his arm, readjusting Sparkster's weight in his arm. "I promise to help as long as I am able to."

ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:57 pm

Burned Tower|Dawn

Each second Sparkster had wondered what his once living trainer would of thought. The nomads being hunted for being isolated from the rest of society let alone others. One thing though was that the jolteon had lost his edge in battle while being alone for the time the epidemic began. Sure ratattas are simple to deal with, but that harbinger was a whole other league that even made not only children cry in fear, but even full grown adults. Sparkster was fortunate along with the others, but Balthazar wasn't. Revenge was out of the question as it would be to soon for him to go. Aaden's words then penetrated his thoughts. Though mostly supportive, it made him feel as if that there's hope still around even in the most darkest of hours. "It's normal to be afraid...you can't let it overtake you. You can't change the past and the future ain't pretty so focus on the here and now. The present is the most important and it's easier to focus when you're only looking at what's right in front of you." True, the past can't be changed and sometimes the future isn't pretty either, but its what you do in the present that makes the future either brighter or darker. It was enough to restore some hope in Sparkster to trust the ones he's with still. Though Kinah wouldn't be the one to admit something, but Sparkster feels as if he should trust her a bit more than what he is currently. Everyone has something they feel responsible for and that's what keeps them alive in this world. Though Aaden's clock is ticking, Sparkster has more trust in him than any of the others.

As he looks around while being carried, the jolteon seen the leaves on the ground. It was as he remembered his final days with his trainer. Autumn had settled in and the leaves falling off the trees. For the longest time he wanted to stay with his trainer. Even if he died it was loyalty that drove him. The promise that he made to see the world on his own that kept him going. The electric type began shedding more tears feeling as if his memories had finally reminded him who he is and what he's capable of. Right now though he needed to get some of his strength back and rest. "For now, let's focus on getting some healing. I know there's an old mart in this town, though the rat swarm from yesterday is bound to be somewhere in the city rubble. Otherwise I've heard the forest on the far side towards the water has some berry trees. We will have to skirt around most of the town, but it seems like our best bet. We're not ready for another fight." With how the night went it was safe to assume that they would be not at their full strength to fight especially with Sparkster unable to do anything. "I promise to help as long as I am able to." That at least would give him some assurance.

With a weak smile he felt it was a start of a training that would rigorous. "Thank you Aaden." As the jolteon rests his head on the Blaziken's arm, he wondered if there's a way to save Aaden from his fate. "Aaden? Do you think that you.....could be saved from what you got?" Though it was the thought that counted, he knew the answer was it would be impossible to save him. What fate would befall them as the time goes, they would have to steel themselves for what they'll go through.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:12 pm

Burned Tower | Dawn
    Post 108

The rays of the early morning sun slowly creeping out across the quiet land was almost laughable in its beauty. It was unfair for things to be so peaceful when the world was in ruins and it left Kinah feeling somewhat bitter as she stepped into the thin fog blanketing the ground. She kept close to the two she knew best and allowed Aaden and the two smaller pups to move ahead of her unsure what to make of their entire situation. Everything was such a mess and it seemed everywhere she went those superior monsters followed.

"... For now, let's focus on getting some healing. I know there's an old mart in this town, though the rat swarm from yesterday is bound to be somewhere in the city rubble. Otherwise I've heard the forest on the far side towards the water has some berry trees. We will have to skirt around most of the town, but it seems like our best bet. We're not ready for another fight."

Oh, Aaden had been talking? She had been so lost in her own cup of bitter that she hadn't realized. But he was right, at least, about them not being ready for another fight. The last time she was here it was still so early in the outbreak that the city hadn't been so destroyed, not that they got a chance to go into town when Pure started turning... Kinah shook her head clear of the ghosts walking the ground at her side. Now was not the time to dwell on the past. "If we are going around the city we will need to make sure we stay in cover as much as possible. Anything sees us and we get stuck out in the open we will be sitting ducks."

She didn't really expect an answer as it seemed Aaden and the Jolteon were still having some side conversation while he lay in the bird's arms but she didn't really mind. It simply needed to be said. Letting out a small sigh her mind began showing small shadows of her former friends the last time she was here and her heart clenched sadly at the optimism in their eyes. Those looks didn't last long in the new world and she still regret not finding Paladin and putting him to rest. She wondered briefly just where he had gotten to as the Jolteon's voice attracted her attention, the question striking too close to her current train of thought to ignore.

"Aaden? Do you think that you.....could be saved from what you got?"

"Probably not," she answered without thinking. "There was nothing anyone could do for Pure. Couldn't stop Paladin when he finally turned... Right over there... So many people died because we couldn't stop it..." Her eyes had grown distant as she spoke, staring off into a small area near the tower as though she were watching happen all over again. A small, sharp intake of air was the only warning she had come back to herself and she turned an apologetic half smile to Aaden and Sparkster. "Sorry. I wish there were something but... I doubt there ever will be."
    Storm
    Storm
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Storm Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:54 am

(( Kind of sad but I can't think of anything to put aside from Astrid following them out of the tower. So just skip me this round. ))
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:41 pm

OoC)) Skip, Sparkster is laying his head on Aaden's arm and gives a weak smile to Kinah accepting the apology.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:21 pm

((Since nothing was really resolved I am just gonna go ahead and skip so Nyra can get plot jumpstarted again. Let's get this party moving lol))
    Storm
    Storm
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Storm Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:53 am

( sorry this is late, had no access to Internet or anything last few days. since nothing has really happened, just skip me again this round :/ )
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:55 pm

Burned Tower || Dawn

Aaden continues to lead the ragged pack around the outskirts of the city. His arms still securely around Sparkster as his mind begins to wander. "If we are going around the city we will need to make sure we stay in cover as much as possible. Anything sees us and we get stuck out in the open we will be sitting ducks." Huh? The bird immediately looks down at himself--bright red. And the canine he's carrying? Yellow. Could they look any more like a target? At the moment the only thing hiding them at all was the thin layer of fog.

"Right." He responds, cautiously taking his first real steps towards and not around the city. The one good thing about having a town with orange and grey structures was that the blue ones stood out. Even in the state the buildings are in now the concentration of blue roof tiles is recognizable. Crouching as low as possible without compromising his hold on the jolteon, Aaden stops beside the closest piece of large rubble. Red at the base like him with a rusted top, an almost cute copy of what the buildings might have looked like. Minus all the shattered glass and grime. Hiding behind the streetlight, he watches the buildings for several moments for signs of movement.

"Aaden? Do you think that you.....could be saved from what you got?"

"Probably not," Kinah answered, echoing Aaden's own thoughts pretty well. "There was nothing anyone could do for Pure. Couldn't stop Paladin when he finally turned... Right over there... So many people died because we couldn't stop it..." That's right, none of them can stop this...his expression hardens at the dark path his thoughts take. This was a battle he couldn't win or run from. "If the humans had a cure...they would have come back already. I'm a dead man walking and it's better not to think more on it than that. The market is what's important right now" Besides, the more he could focus on others, the less he had to think about himself.

"Come on, I haven't seen any movement, best not to lower our guard. This is the dead's territory, not ours." Aaden says, lowering his voice the closer they draw to the buildings by moving from rubble pile to rubble pile. The main parts of this specific structure still intact, the windows are covered in jagged holes, but also boarded up in several places to reinforce them. The front door hangs eerily from its last attached hinge and creaks in the slightest of wind. Aaden gulps and looks right to left. Nothing yet. Silently, he places Sparkster down behind their small hiding spot before creeping forward. Sticking close to the smooth walls of the mart he stalks to the open door and stops when he is only as close as absolutely necessary to crane his neck and peek inside.

His heart rings in his ears as the silent seconds stretch infinitely long. He waves to the others. "It's a mess, but I don't see anything moving in here." Aaden reports, making his way back to pick Sparkster up and to his group. "Everything's knocked over and it smells like crap, but maybe there's still something we can use."

ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:33 pm

Burned Tower|Dawn

The tower now being left behind them had been defiled by the undead after the night they had. That voice they all heard would stick to them for the rest of their lives. What tormented soul had been born from this epidemic that could release such a massacre? It was all swirling into Sparkster's head. The undead all hunt the living and doesn't discriminate on age, but the one from last night however, it sent such murderous vibes that would even make a full grown pokemon cry like a child. "If we are going around the city we will need to make sure we stay in cover as much as possible. Anything sees us and we get stuck out in the open we will be sitting ducks." Kinah had pointed out. Cities are usually the undead's turf and fighting through it was more suicide than anything. Likely stealth was the best option. "Right." They was heading into a city. The buildings was in terrible shape and some had looked like they had been on fire.

Each second passed as they snuck around the streets. Looking up at one of the buildings he seen something that showed the cruelty of the undead. Blood had been sprayed on one of them, but it was dried up to where it looked like grime. Kinah then answered the question about finding something to save Aaden from the virus. "Probably not," The answer made his heart sank knowing that there's no way of helping Aaden from his fate. "There was nothing anyone could do for Pure. Couldn't stop Paladin when he finally turned... Right over there... So many people died because we couldn't stop it..." She was right though, nobody could stop the events from happening. Goldenrod being one of many cities that people and pokemon had lost their lives in.  "If the humans had a cure...they would have come back already. I'm a dead man walking and it's better not to think more on it than that. The market is what's important right now" Hopefully the market would have something to at least heal some of the injuries they all sustained. "Come on, I haven't seen any movement, best not to lower our guard. This is the dead's territory, not ours." They moved from one pile of rubble to the next keeping hidden from the undead. Aaden set Sparkster down on the ground as the Jolteon watched the fire type check to see if anything was inside the building they was by. This doesn't feel to good to lay on. At least it helps us stay hidden so complaining about it wouldn't do much good. Eventually Aaden then spoke of what he observed so far. "It's a mess, but I don't see anything moving in here." That was a relief in a way. Now only thing that's left is to see what's inside the market and if there's anything spoiled or rotten. "Everything's knocked over and it smells like crap, but maybe there's still something we can use." Oh boy, guess it might take a bit of breath holding if it stinks really bad.

After being picked back up by Aaden, the electric type could get a feint smell of something really stinky. "Ughh, it smells like a sewer. Guess....something was using this place for...its hideout." If he could move his front legs to block his nose it would of been easier to avoid the stench, but he couldn't even move an inch. If they was going in then it would be better to come out when it gets to nauseating for them to handle. There was a likely chance that it might cause him to gag or vomit, so that would be a bit of a problem. I might want to make sure Aaden knows when I need fresh air if I start feeling sick from that horrid smell. I just hope there isn't any dead bodies in there or it might make it worse for me. The eeveelution wasn't sure if though since other odors can sometimes hide a nastier one. "I'll hold my breath in there...if we're going in. If it gets to much...for me, I'll let you know." How he would do it though would maybe let a noise out if it gets unbearable for him to handle. Likely though a gag would give it away. He just hoped that nothing would really set off that reflex.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:49 am

Burned Tower | Dawn
    Post 109

"If the humans had a cure...they would have come back already. I'm a dead man walking and it's better not to think more on it than that. The market is what's important right now." It was a bleak yet realistic way to look at things though Kinah couldn't help but agree.  There were far more pressing matters at hand and there were wounded and even a child to think about, they couldn't focus on a possible future when the present was already trying to kill them. "Come on, I haven't seen any movement, best not to lower our guard. This is the dead's territory, not ours."

As silently and slowly as possible the ragtag group made their way across the cityscape to what looked to be an old mart, barely recognizable any longer compared to what it used to be. Whether out of actual bravery, the weight of leadership, or simply because he knew he was already a dead man Aaden went ahead alone to inspect the shamble of a building while the others were forced to wait patiently for any sign of his return. The jolteon couldn't move and the pup was a pup so Kinah knew if anything came after them it would be bad so she kept as low as possible, wishing that they all had darker pelts like Astrid.

Finally Aaden came back and had some relatively good news compared to what they had recently. "It's a mess, but I don't see anything moving in here. Everything's knocked over and it smells like crap, but maybe there's still something we can use."

"Anything is better than nothing," she replied in a low whisper. "Maybe there is something to get this one back on his feet at least. Lead the way."

"Ughh, it smells like a sewer. Guess....something was using this place for...its hideout. I'll hold my breath in there...if we're going in. If it gets to much...for me, I'll let you know."

"Holding your breath will make it worse," Kinah warned. "You'll get lightheaded and need to take in more air. Just take short, even breaths through your mouth and that will make it tolerable. You'll get used to it after a few minutes." All terrible smells eventually became muted, even the scent of death. He would be fine.
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:39 pm

Burned Tower || Dawn

"Ughh, it smells like a sewer. Guess....something was using this place for...its hideout." Aaden nods. "I wouldn't doubt it, let's hope nobody's home." He whispers back, stalking his way back to the open front door. "I'll hold my breath in there...if we're going in. If it gets to much...for me, I'll let you know." The stench hits him again right as he crosses the threshold into the building. He tries to bring his arm into a position that Sparkster could bury his nose to try and block the smell, but it hard to do so while keeping a good grip.

Light pours in through broken windows and multiple holes illuminating the haze of dust hanging in the air. The metal shelving still stands in place, but the same can't be said for any of the products. They cluster in piles on the floor and scattered around torn cardboard boxes as if opened and ransacked in a hurry. "We can do a loop through the store, start a stash by the door and try not to stay longer than we have to." As he walks, he carefully shifts to hold Sparkster in one arm and uses his free hand to lift several stacked boxes to ground level for easier access. Then something catches his eye further down the aisle. Sparkling purple in the sunlight with a white cap and trigger-like handle. The closer he draws, there's actually several similar ones. Reaching for the nearest, the fighter kneels and pulls the small spray bottle up to eye level.

"Can any of you read human writing?" Small human scrawl lines the product in neat uniform lines. It's been so long since he's seen a potion, much less used one. Were they always this small? Aaden shakes the bottle, empty. Same with the second and the third he tries from the small littering of them before he notices a rather large blood stain on the tile floor at the center of all the emptied potions. He cringes as he puts two and two together. "Someone had a bad day here...no body though..." He notes, looking around for a continuation to the stain, but finding nothing through the rat's nest of fallen items, grime and rubble.

ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:04 am

Burned Tower|Dawn

"Holding your breath will make it worse," Kinah said and likely she's right about it. Since she endured longer than any of them, it would make more sense to listen to her. "You'll get lightheaded and need to take in more air. Just take short, even breaths through your mouth and that will make it tolerable. You'll get used to it after a few minutes." The Jolteon gave a weak nod as they entered in. The stench was horrid, but Aaden was trying to provide a spot to help block the scent. The store was a mess from possible raids that happened. The humans must of had panicked and taken everything that they could to save their pokemon. "We can do a loop through the store, start a stash by the door and try not to stay longer than we have to." Sparkster was shifted to be held in one arm while Aaden grabbed boxes to put down to ground level. The Jolteon looked around seeing some holes that looked like they was made from the inside. Could someone shot something up in the ceiling? If whoever did this is still here then we may need to be careful. Though so far no evidence of any human was there as of yet.

Something caught Aaden's eyes and Sparkster then seen it as well. It looked like a full bottle of potion from where they was. They started heading to the bottle. Then there was other bottles on the ground as well. The Blazekin kneeled down picking up a bottle. The white cap and trigger was definitely a potion. "Can any of you read human writing?" Sparkster shook his head no while trying to look around for anything that could be useful. Looking at the bottle again, it could be enough to get a little strength back, but it was not to be. Aaden shook it and as luck would have it, it was empty. Drat, looks like the others was empty as well. A large blood stain was on the ground and it was enough to cringe at the thought of what happened. "Someone had a bad day here...no body though..." From what it sounds like either it belongs to a human or a descent sized pokemon. There wasn't any hint of a body being dragged or anything. Even looking up at the ceiling had no clues to what happened. The only thought that came to mind was that it was a blade that could of done it like a knife.

Taking even breaths like what Kinah told him to take did work out, but sniffing wouldn't be wise as the stench would hit him hard. "Do you think that....someone could of used a knife....or something?" While speaking low enough to not be heard by anything that could be around still. True his human had a knife, but it was small and used for carving wood for eating food over a campfire. The grime on the walls, the rubble on the ground with items being scattered about had only told that humans were in a hurry. However, the jolteon did spot something that could be useful. Though it wasn't food, it looked like something that could be used if they need to make a quick escape. "Smoke balls?" There was two sitting on a basket that was left. The rest of them was on the ground all used up or smashed by humans throwing them. "Aaden, would those work....if we need to use them...to escape?" The Jolteon asked. Hopefully Kinah or Aaden knows how to use them since they are the only ones that has hands to use them.
    Storm
    Storm
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Storm Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:42 am

Burned Tower || Dawn

Asrid was at the back of the group, wincing with every step he took as he tried his best not to be left behind. Having not gotten the chance to rest his leg after the incident with that, thing, the pain had only started to grow with every movement, the throbbing annoying and getting close to unbearable for the young pup. He prayed when they got to a safe place he could rest it for awhile, and also prayed they wouldn’t get spotted or chased as they sneaked around the city, afraid he’d get left behind due to his new handicap. But he refused to get left behind… not again… he didn’t want to be left alone again…
    When they finally stopped moving, he took the chance to sit down to rest a bit while Aiden went to investigate the new building. He had been so focused on keeping up he hadn’t been listening in on any of their conversations during the entire walk, but as he spotted the fire type coming back to them after having gone ahead to investigate a building, he perked his ears this time to hear what he had to say, to know if it was safe or not.

"It's a mess, but I don't see anything moving in here. Everything's knocked over and it smells like crap, but maybe there's still something we can use." He said, and Astrid let out the longest sigh of relief. A place he can hopefully rest and get better, sounded like music to hear ears.
    "Anything is better than nothing, Maybe there is something to get this one back on his feet at least. Lead the way." Kinah had responded, and for a second he thought she was referring to him, but of course not, he was still on his feet, meaning she had to be Sparkster, who had been getting carried by Aiden like a newborn.
    "Ughh, it smells like a sewer. Guess....something was using this place for...its hideout. I'll hold my breath in there...if we're going in. If it gets to much...for me, I'll let you know." Confused by what the Jolteon said, Astrid found himself smelling the air only to instantly regret it as his expression went to disgust, even putting his head to the ground and covering his nose with his paws just to keep the smell out. That smell was rancid, like something had died in there.
    "Holding your breath will make it worse," Kinah warned. "You'll get lightheaded and need to take in more air. Just take short, even breaths through your mouth and that will make it tolerable. You'll get used to it after a few minutes."
    With a sigh and a whimper Astrid got back up to his feet, ready to follow the others in, keeping his own thoughts out of the mix since this did seem like the best place to hide, if there was nothing that wanted to kill them in there. Though the smell might make them noseblind…

Waiting for Aiden to lead the way back in, Astrid limped along behind them, keeping his ears up for the slightest sound that wasn’t part of the group, scared expression still plastered on his face, though he felt a little safer when he was finally in the store. He’d been in human buildings before, but he hadn’t been in this one before, so everything in here was new to him. Being born a wild pokemon he hadn’t had the need for a pokemart, only berries and herbs were used to heal his wounds, and his mama hunted the food he ate, there was no need to buy it. He missed those days…
    "We can do a loop through the store, start a stash by the door and try not to stay longer than we have to." Aiden said, and though Astrid really wanted to help, he also really wanted to rest.
    He opened his mouth to ask the fire fighting type if it was okay for him to rest his leg a bit before he helped, but Aiden ran off for something before he could, making the pup frown a bit, but he just had to raise his voice a bit, perhaps. “Aiden…?” He said, trying to make himself loud enough for the other to hear him as he slowly limped towards him. “Aiden… w-what is this place?” He traded out his request to rest with a question on where they are.
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:29 pm

Burned Tower || Dawn

"Do you think that....someone could of used a knife....or something?" Aaden looks back to stare more intensively at the stain. The blood wasn't obviously discolored like some of the infected that lumber around with basically black slime oozing from their wounds. "Maybe. It's hard to tell, but with this amount of potions used, it wasn't a small wound for sure. But a knife would be a good tool if we could find one." There had to be some supplies that wasn't already soiled here. "Smoke balls?" Smoke balls? "You mean those little balls you toss to make human smokescreen?" Following Sparkster's gaze he sees the small purple spheres nestled in an old basket. "Aaden, would those work....if we need to use them...to escape?"

The blaziken gives a short chuckle. "If it works for humans, I can't see why it wouldn't work for us." Taking the items from the shelf, he carefully tucks them into a pocket on his vest. "Let's hope these two still work.." The fighter trails off, swearing he heard his name said. In the following pause he hears it again. “Aiden… w-what is this place?” His eyes look around for the source before catching sight of little Astrid limping down the aisle after them.

A fresh wave of guilt washes over him as the child struggles to keep up. They had been so focused on getting away from the tower...no, HE had been so quick to retreat he'd almost forgotten one in their group was so young. Not to mention injured. "This place...right now, it's not much. Back before all this it was a place humans exchanged stuff for items. Things like food, medicine and pokeballs. Believe it or not, in those days these dusty shelves were competely full of stuff all lined up neatly in little cans and boxes. A lot less holes in the ceiling back then too." Aaden explains, trying to read Astrid's face to gather how he was holding up and changing to a more serious tone. "How bad is your leg? I noticed you favoring one of them."

Oh Arceus if the kid had broken it or something how would they fix that?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:44 pm