Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+16
Silverishness
Abysswalker
Phoenix
Moon Moon
Volcarona
Nightfall
Min
MightEpicon
CelestialSeren
Cofagrigus
Scizor
Lucario
Chroma
renegade
identitist
2KB
20 posters

(ACE) The BURNED Team

Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

(ACE) The BURNED Team - Page 8 Empty Re: (ACE) The BURNED Team

Post by Phoenix Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Burned Tower|Afternoon
    Post 95

"There isn't going to be much daylight today yet. We have to fortify this wreck as much as we can so there's no unpleasant surprises tonight. It's the best we got until we can think of a better way out of this mess of a place completely." It seemed like Aaden was finally ready to get the group moving on reinforcing their temporary shelter, though as he continued on it seemed more and more like a vain effort.

"What we are looking for is anything we can use to help patch hole. We don't have to hit all of them, but if we could section off a part of the building, it would be better than nothing. We'll need large pieces of scrap and to set up a rotation for guard once the sun goes down. I volunteer for the first shift, but we can get that worked out once it gets closer."

"I don't think I got a chance to tell you, Aaden, but when I was searching the basement, there was an undead there. Only a Rattata, but I was not able to make sure there weren't more like it. I could do that now. I don't like the thought of there already being something in this place before we get it fixed up."

Kinah shook her head and sighed, the list of things that needed to be done before sundown growing ever longer, and the fighter realized that they didn't have enough time or people to do all of that today. "There may be a way..." she began, looking to Aaden and the others. "Just for tonight. The stairs to next floor I remember being fairly sturdy, and since there is no way up or down from the upper floors without using a stairway it is much easier to blockade two smaller entrances than it is to barricade an entire floor that has seen more damage than a jenga tower. I would suggest, for this evening at least, we look at taking shelter on a higher floor and barricading that rather than strain ourselves trying to cover every hole on this first floor."

She swallowed hard and crossed her arms defensively, looking away as she quickly recalled the ire of the Mightyena nearby the last time she had made a suggestion. "Though the choice is obviously yours. I was just offering another option."
    Storm
    Storm
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Storm Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:40 pm

(( Sorry but please skip me. Having a really off day and I can't type a decent post. I'll have something next round. ))
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:13 pm

Burned Tower || Afternoon

"I don't think I got a chance to tell you, Aaden, but when I was searching the basement, there was an undead there. Only a Rattata, but I was not able to make sure there weren't more like it." Aaden grinds his beak slowly, thinking over this new information. So one of them was already in the building before the attack... "I could do that now. I don't like the thought of there already being something in this place before we get it fixed up." He nods and is beaten out by Sparkster as he opens his beak to speak. "Perhaps I can find some material in the basement as well while I'm at it. It would be at least something for me to do if Balthazar lets me help."

"Sounds good to me. Better safe then sorry. Take a look around the basement to see if there's any lingering around still. With any luck, the one from before was just a strangler." He answers, glancing between Sparkster and Balth as he does before another voice gets his attention. "There may be a way..." Another way? Aaden turns, waiting in curious silence for Kinah to continue. "Just for tonight. The stairs to next floor I remember being fairly sturdy, and since there is no way up or down from the upper floors without using a stairway it is much easier to blockade two smaller entrances than it is to barricade an entire floor that has seen more damage than a jenga tower. I would suggest, for this evening at least, we look at taking shelter on a higher floor and barricading that rather than strain ourselves trying to cover every hole on this first floor."

"That's not a bad idea." He agrees right after the fighter suggests it. "Though the choice is obviously yours. I was just offering another option." Kinah looks away and crosses her arms defensively as she says it, as if expecting backlash. "If the stairs are still sturdy, I'd say it's probably our best bet for finishing something in the next few hours. I'd say let's give it a look and see exactly what we'll have to do to get the second floor secure for the night and we can split up duties from there, agreed?" Aaden states, pausing after finishing to wait for input from the other group members.

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:58 pm

Burned Tower | Afternoon
    [20]

The Jolteon kid is taking an interest in her idea, though Balthazar cannot for the life of her figure out where the sudden enthusiasm towards her company came from. She hasn't exactly shown herself to be the friendliest Pokemon on the planet,but maybe he simply wants to kill some Rattata. Judging by the amount the kid talks, however, Balthazar would not be surprised if Sparkster wants to strike up conversation. She frowns at the thought. After this rollarcoaster of a day, the Mightyena might not ever have social energy again, let alone right at this moment. "Perhaps I can find some material in the basement as well while I'm at it. It would be at least something for me to do if Balthazar lets me help." I'm standing right here...ah, whatever. Having the kid tag along wouldn't hurt, and nobody said she couldn't communicate in her signature fashion: one word responses and grunts. Besides, it is always useful to have an Electric-type on her side, even if she is uncertain of why he has taken a sudden interest in being around her. Better not be puppy love. She would take an assassination attempt over puppy love.

"Sounds good to me. Better safe then sorry. Take a look around the basement to see if there's any lingering around still. With any luck, the one from before was just a strangler." Aaden's affirmation of her idea seems to encourage Sparkster even more, the Jolteon acting like one of her nephews did whenever she agreed to play hide-and-seek with them. That same old eagerness...Balthazar winces, an all-too-familiar ache beginning to form in her chest. Skies above, could she not leave their shades to rest for even a minute? "What do you say Balthazar, partner up on the hunt? I could paralyze any of them that might try to attack." Paralyze their enemies...yes, that is the bright side she had previously garnered from this, and now it seems considerably duller. She turns to face the Jolteon, contemplating his offer. There is no logical reason to reject his company, yet her mind wants nothing more than to say no; solitude seems a sweet-smelling flower at this moment, one whose petals leave a bitter taste in her mouth. Balthazar has been alone for so long, and extending such behavior will only hurt her over time. But what could possibly cause greater harm than Iris' lingering spirit? It is inevitable, really, the isolation; if they are not dead by morning, then eventually every one of these Pokemon will leave. It has become her own truth of the world.

Even so, Balthazar still has no outward reason for rejecting Sparkster, and she will not reveal the chinks in this armor to those around her. "Of course."

"There may be a way..." Balthazar's ears perk. They have not even left yet, and already the plans might be changing. Though the Mienshao's previous suggestion had brought only fury from Balthazar before, that was in the aftermath of a skirmish and the disappearance of Cold Stare; the attack by the undead Raticate and its revolting horde is now sitting firmly in the back of her mind along with the black-furred Luxio. Inciting further conflict among the group now is about as appealing as freshly-molding bread. Besides, considering her previous experience with this shithole of a tower, the Fighting-type could have something useful to say. "Just for tonight. The stairs to next floor I remember being fairly sturdy, and since there is no way up or down from the upper floors without using a stairway it is much easier to blockade two smaller entrances than it is to barricade an entire floor that has seen more damage than a jenga tower. I would suggest, for this evening at least, we look at taking shelter on a higher floor and barricading that rather than strain ourselves trying to cover every hole on this first floor." Huh. It can't be denied that Kinah has a point-this group doesn't really have the numbers for defending this floor, and creating chokepoints on the stairwells would make them less liable to be overrun. That is assuming, of course, that the staircases are reliable enough to not trap them on the higher floors. One can certainly hope so. The Mienshao looks away after giving her idea, crossing her arms, and Balthazar wonders if she is trying to deflect some sort of verbal attack. Well, they're in agreement this time around; one more quick survey of the space around them only further convinces Balthazar that staying here is, in light terms, not an ideal situation. "Though the choice is obviously yours. I was just offering another option."

"If the stairs are still sturdy, I'd say it's probably our best bet for finishing something in the next few hours. I'd say let's give it a look and see exactly what we'll have to do to get the second floor secure for the night and we can split up duties from there, agreed?"
    "It's a good plan," Balthazar says, already liking it a lot better than fruitless scavving and Rattata slaying. "Count me in."

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:17 am

Post 84||Post 76

Burned Tower||Afternoon

Sil's attention and gaze had wandered from the group to an opening in the wall that likely once served as a window. Her gut was telling her that she needed to move, that this place was far from safe. That was probably due to the Epidemic and her flighty nature to begin with, but it was still difficult to ignore even when rationalized. Still, she couldn't leave. Hannibal and Kinah would make sure of that. "Perhaps I can find some material in the basement as well while I'm at it. It would be at least something for me to do if Balthazar lets me help." The young jolteon's voice caught her attention and pulled it back, reigning her back into the dilapidated temple.

"Sounds good to me. Better safe then sorry. Take a look around the basement to see if there's any lingering around still. With any luck, the one from before was just a strangler." The Blaziken seemed to be far more on top of the conversation than she had been-- which was good, since he was apparently the leader. A relief to her, since her last attempt at leading had gone a tad awry.

"What do you say Balthazar, partner up on the hunt? I could paralyze any of them that might try to attack." He seemed eager to help and prove himself, something that signaled a small red flag in her mind. Naive eagerness never lasted long in this world; how had this pup held on to his? For a moment, her eyes wandered to her Houndoom companion, who was still situated on the other side of the group, near his young evolutionary cousin. They locked gazes for a second, and in that moment, they silently shared their mutual cynicism. There was no way that exuberance was going to last. The plague would see to that. "Of course."

"There may be a way..." Both Sil and Hannibal broke their shared glance to look at the pensive Meinshao, curiosity filling them both. But while Hannibal was relatively at ease, Sil couldn't help but begin to fill with an uneasy anticipation. "Just for tonight. The stairs to next floor I remember being fairly sturdy, and since there is no way up or down from the upper floors without using a stairway it is much easier to blockade two smaller entrances than it is to barricade an entire floor that has seen more damage than a jenga tower. I would suggest, for this evening at least, we look at taking shelter on a higher floor and barricading that rather than strain ourselves trying to cover every hole on this first floor."
    Kinah turned away from them shortly after offering her idea, as if anticipating immediate rejection. Sil's own instinct were reluctant to advocate anything Kinah suggested, but the more she thought on it, the more she realized that it was likely the best way to get through the night, next to sprouting wings and flying off to live in an impenetrable cloud castle. "Though the choice is obviously yours. I was just offering another option."

The Blaziken seemed to agree. "If the stairs are still sturdy, I'd say it's probably our best bet for finishing something in the next few hours. I'd say let's give it a look and see exactly what we'll have to do to get the second floor secure for the night and we can split up duties from there, agreed?"

"It's a good plan," the Mightyena chimed, "Count me in."

Sil sighed and nodded, shifting her weight. "Yeah. I think that's the best we can do in such short notice."

"I do rather like the idea," Hannibal offered, looking to the wounded fighter with his normal cat-like expression. "We should begin by searching the second floor for items to place in the barricade; it'd be much faster and easier than shoving things up a rotting staircase."

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:30 pm

OoC)) Skip for now I'll come back and edit this as soon as I can.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:37 am

Burned Tower|Afternoon
    Post 96

"That's not a bad idea."

Wh-what? Kinah's defensive posture faltered a bit, her crossed arms loosening from around her chest just slightly as she turned to look at the feathered fighter. He agreed? "If the stairs are still sturdy, I'd say it's probably our best bet for finishing something in the next few hours. I'd say let's give it a look and see exactly what we'll have to do to get the second floor secure for the night and we can split up duties from there, agreed?"

"It's a good plan." Even the Mightyena? The one who sneered every time Kinah spoke? "Count me in."

"Yeah. I think that's the best we can do in such short notice."

"I do rather like the idea."

Shock completely broke her defense as her arms slowly fell to the side, her face a mixture of confusion and skepticism. The Mienshao actually had to try and fight down her embarrassment that she had thought everyone would band against her idea, though to be fair it wasn't as though she had made any friends here. In fact one she had outright come here to kill. She smiled a little to herself as a strange feeling of nostalgia started to creep up into her head. This was...nice. Almost familiar.

"We should begin by searching the second floor for items to place in the barricade; it'd be much faster and easier than shoving things up a rotting staircase." Kinah nodded in agreement and looked to Aaden for some sign of command. As basically the elected leader of the group she would follow his decision on the matter, but hopefully it fell somewhere in the realm of Hannibal's suggestion. "He's not wrong," she offered in his defense. "The hound may be dodgy but he's damn smart."
    Storm
    Storm
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Storm Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:23 pm

"If the stairs are still sturdy, I'd say it's probably our best bet for finishing something in the next few hours. I'd say let's give it a look and see exactly what we'll have to do to get the second floor secure for the night and we can split up duties from there, agreed?" Aaden has said, seeming to agree with Kinah's suggestion of moving to the next floor rather than staying on the current one.
    "It's a good plan. Count me in."
    "I do rather like the idea,"
    The others also seemed to agree with the plan, but Astrid wasn't really sure about it.

While the older pokemon talked about their next move, Astrid had simply stayed where he had been for the last little while, now sitting rather than standing with his tail curled around himself, almost like a cat if it wasn't for it being next to him rather than over his paws.
    The young pokemons gaze shifted up as the second floor was mentioned, wondering how safe it would be. Sure, with his small size and lightweight the supposed sturdy stairs probably wouldn't cave under him, but what about the older pokemon, the ones that were already fully evolved and so much bigger than he was. With how much damage this tower looked like it had taken, was it really safe to be on the second floor.

"Do you, think it's safe . . .?" Astrid asked in his usual low tone, but still making it loud enough to be heard if anyone noticed. "The floor up . . . are you . . . sure it's safe . . ? I just . . . don't want to risk anyone falling through the floor . . ." After saying that he averted his eyes and turned his head slightly, hoping he hadn't talked out of place since he was still the newest member of this group. He just didn't want to risk someone getting hurt over a hunch. "Shouldn't, someone test to make sure it's sturdy enough?" He added, looking back at the group again with a worried look in his eyes. He knew he'd probably be fine, but he was still worried that they wouldn't be, all these large pokemon on one floor in an already crumbling building? Was that really a safe idea?

(( Reading what Hannibal says really hurts my eyes >< ))
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:17 am

"It's a good plan. Count me in."
    "I do rather like the idea,"

Aaden listens as each group member takes their turn in adding their two cents. Each seeming to agree to the idea that, at least, it was less dangerous than their original plan. "We should begin by searching the second floor for items to place in the barricade; it'd be much faster and easier than shoving things up a rotting staircase." Kinah nods in agreement as the muzzled canine speaks. "He's not wrong," she offers as he finishes. "The hound may be dodgy but he's damn smart." Clearly he had to be, to survive this long with that thing on his mouth...but Aaden kept that thought to himself. Instead, the fighter nods as well. "Work smarter not harder." He offers.

"Do you, think it's safe . . .?" A voice pipes up, one he had nearly forgotten about as they delved into planning. "The floor up . . . are you . . . sure it's safe . . ? I just . . . don't want to risk anyone falling through the floor . . ." Probably? Very re-assuring... he chastises himself mentally. Aaden turns to take a good look at the aging staircase before replying. Turning his head slightly in a couple different directions to get a more in depth view. They certainly looked worse for wear...As the silence wears on, he hears the pup again. "Shouldn't, someone test to make sure it's sturdy enough?"

"I'll give it a go." He offers right away, making his way towards the stairs. As he reaches the first step he pauses and looks up. It would be a long way to fall. Carefully, he places one foot onto the step then the other. A creak then silence. Another step, another creak and more silence. Again and again with each step until the bird reaches the final few. As he places his first foot on the wooden step, it creaks ominously. With his heart racing, he applies a bit more pressure, but quickly loses his nerve as the noise intensifies. Pressing back on his other foot, Aaden skips over the loose board. "Careful on this one." He states, pointing down at said step as he climbs the final step.

"Otherwise, it seems as safe as anything else in this place. From what I can see, there's plenty of scrap we can use. Let's get started."

(ooc: I am planning for this to be the last round before time skip.))

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:09 pm

Burned Tower | Afternoon
    [21]

"I do rather like the idea. We should begin by searching the second floor for items to place in the barricade; it'd be much faster and easier than shoving things up a rotting staircase."
    "He's not wrong. The hound may be dodgy but he's damn smart."

Balthazar listens carefully to the words of the other Pokemon, contemplating the suggestion from the muzzled Houndoom. Like Kinah said, he certainly isn't wrong, though she wonders what the hound has done in the past to earn being described as "dodgy." Looks like this group simply wouldn't hold together without someone who needed to have an eye kept on them...and usually, those "someones" were canines like herself. Funny how things turn out like that. She looks up at the stairs, pondering on their stability and whether they would be sturdy enough to support the weight of several evolved Pokemon. Honestly, she'd rather try holding out on the first floor than have the staircase suddenly break under somebody's feet.

"Do you, think it's safe . . .?" Her ears perk, and Balthazar realizes she'd almost forgotten completely about the Houndour child in the midst of their planning. He must be thinking the same thing as her; those stairs don't look to be entirely up to code. It's not an irrelevant point, either-if this is the plan they're going with, they'd better make damn sure their entrance and exit point isn't liable to fall apart at any second. Astrid keeps speaking, his voice still a little hard to hear even if it's not as quiet as before. "The floor up . . . are you . . . sure it's safe . . ? I just . . . don't want to risk anyone falling through the floor . . ."

"Shouldn't, someone test to make sure it's sturdy enough?"
    "Kid's got a point," Balthazar states, trying to give him a reassuring smile. It might not have been perfect, though; all she can think of is how sadly the kid had looked at her before. Hard to be positive when you're a source of sorrow for a complete stranger, and a young one at that. She's about to offer to test the staircase before anybody else, but Aaden beats her to the punch. He probably thought a leader should be the one to take on the dangers, but personally, Balthazar was of the mind that they shouldn't take the risk of the de-facto leader falling onto the floors below. She watches his ascent with a critical eye, her ear twitching after each creaking sound. Stairs had never been a favourite of hers...and apparently, one of the steps isn't faring as well either. Balthazar makes sure to take note of which one it is. No use messing with fate when one could simply make a short jump over the point of danger.

"Otherwise, it seems as safe as anything else in this place. From what I can see, there's plenty of scrap we can use. Let's get started." She follows up the stairs, carefully placing her paws above the iffy stair and to the top. She's more than ready to fix up this shitty place and have at least some semblance of readiness against whatever undead bastards tried to mess with them tonight.

(orz, sorry for the awful post :/)

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:35 am

Post 85||Post 77

Burned Tower||Afternoon

[[changed Hannibal's text color lol. Should be easier to read now]]

"He's not wrong," Kinah commented, earning Hannibal's intrigued gaze. "The hound may be dodgy but he's damn smart." The backhanded comment might have hurt a lesser man, but Hannibal took the praise with a calm demeanor. "Dodgy" was an adjective he could certainly live with-- it was far gentler than many of the others that had been previously hurled at him. Despite Kinah's lovely descriptions, the Blaziken seemed to accept the suggestion. "Work smarter not harder."

"Do you, think it's safe...?" The small voice recaptured Hannibal's attention, something that many would describe as "unfortunate". The small, strange pup shivered out elaboration as the rest of the group, Hannibal himself included, stared for embellishment. "The floor up... are you... sure it's safe..? I just... don't want to risk anyone falling through the floor..." It was a legitimate question-- though tactfully and theoretically safer and easier to defend, it wouldn't do any of them any good if the structure itself was too rotten to traverse. "Shouldn't, someone test to make sure it's sturdy enough?"

"I'll give it a go." Despite plenty of lighter pokemon available, the Blaziken quickly offered himself. Perhaps it was because he was the supposed "leader"? Though Hannibal found fault in racing up some dilapidated stair while being one of the heaviest members of the group, Hannibal made no notion to argue. With his leg, it would be difficult for him to get up and down the blasted things without having to inspect them for sturdiness.

All eyes watched, hypnotized, as Aiden made his way upward. He nearly reached the peak, pointing out one particular step. "Careful on this one." Damn. How was he supposed to hop over an entire step like that...? "Otherwise, it seems as safe as anything else in this place. From what I can see, there's plenty of scrap we can use. Let's get started."

Hannibal cleared his throat and turned to Kinah. "Kinah, dear, would I be able to trouble you in carrying me up those rickety stairs?" he purred, pointing his muzzled nose at his injured leg and then looking back to her. "I'm afraid that's a bit out of my league at the moment."

In the meantime, Sil strode up to the two, overhearing the hound's question. "If not, I think I can carry you in my antlers; I've done it before."

Hannibal couldn't help the sour look emerge as the memory did the same. "Yes, and that... was not the most pleasant experience, if I am to be completely honest."

Sil gave a light scoff. "It's not like I'm going to throw you up the stairs."

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:03 pm

Burned Tower|Afternoon

From what it began to sound like is another plan was underway and it was much better than the other one. "Yeah. I think that's the best we can do in such short notice." The Sawsbuck spoke first then the Houndoom. "I do rather like the idea. We should begin by searching the second floor for items to place in the barricade; it'd be much faster and easier than shoving things up a rotting staircase." After that the Meinshao had her words in as well. "He's not wrong. The hound may be dodgy but he's damn smart." There was a good point in it. the stairs did seem a bit rotted and would have caused the stairs to make to much noise. "Work smarter not harder." Now that Aaden mentioned that his trainer once said that during their travels. Sparkster began to smile after that and he was rearing to go help no matter what the plan was now.

Before long the Houndrunt spoke though still very shy on his speech. "Do you, think it's safe...?" Looking up the stairs, the jolteon did notice the scorched parts on the wood, but looks could be deceiving. "The floor up... are you... sure it's safe..? I just... don't want to risk anyone falling through the floor..." That might sound concerning, but none the less it was worth being tested. "Shouldn't, someone test to make sure it's sturdy enough?" THe Jolteon was going to test it, but Aaden had beat him to the punch. "I'll give it a go." Seems things was going alright as Aaden was going up the stairs until he stopped and pointed at a particular step. "Careful on this one." Looking to see which one he was pointing at, Sparkster noted that in his head. "Otherwise, it seems as safe as anything else in this place. From what I can see, there's plenty of scrap we can use. Let's get started." Now they could get to work, but before the electric eeveelution could go up the stairs, Hannibal asked Kinah something. "Kinah, dear, would I be able to trouble you in carrying me up those rickety stairs?" Watching the houndoom point his muzzled nose at his injury. How did he even get that injury? The electric type thought to himself. before walking up the stairs.

As he hopped past the step that Aaden pointed out, he finally made it to the second floor. "This is a lot of scrap. What could I carry Aaden?" Asking the blaziken willing to carry things to where they need to place the scraps. Though he wasn't able to carry the heavier scraps, he could carry a some less heavier scraps to where they're needed at. "Hey Balthazar? I never asked anyone before, but is there a human in your life that you miss? Like someone you held dear to your heart?" His smile became a frown as he began thinking about his past. He wished so hard that things never came to this and not only did Sparkster feel sadness coming into his mind, but loneliness. Before to long he drooped his head down as if he was about to lose it. "Sorry, I shouldn't have asked that. Now I feel kind of down." His breathing was getting heavy a bit trying to hold back a scream that was building up.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:52 pm

Burned Tower|Afternoon
    Post 97

Kinah gave a small smile and nodded at Aaden's acceptance, still somewhat surprised he was even listening at all. She hadn't made the greatest first impression after all. But she wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth and moved on, only feeling her heart clench a bit again when the small pup voiced his timid concerns. This child was a bundle of nervous tension and she pitied the poor thing as he tried to sound less terrified than he actually was. Poor little poppet...

Aaden carefully tested each of the stairs as he made his way up and called out when he found a weak one. It seemed as though time had eaten away a bit more of the tower than she remembered but for the most part it was still very much the same. She would probably be able to see the dent in the wall where the newly evolved Haxorus had damaged it. It seemed safe enough and she was about to follow the others up but was pulled away by Hannibal.

"Kinah, dear, would I be able to trouble you in carrying me up those rickety stairs?" He indicated towards the leg she had told him to stay off of, the one she had already scolded him for bearing a permanent limp for not listening, and sighed heavily. "I'm afraid that's a bit out of my league at the moment."

Kinah crossed her arms and stared at the dark hound, voice firm and authoritative. "It wouldn't be, if you had done what I said and stayed off of it. Running from the Weavile was one thing but the only reason your leg is like this now is because you didn't find somewhere to hide and rest afterward. You just kept walking around on it, didn't you? Of course you did." She was so busy scolding the Houndoom she didn't even notice Sil approach until she offered her assistance. "If not, I think I can carry you in my antlers; I've done it before."

Kinah nearly laughed at the face Hannibal made. "Yes, and that... was not the most pleasant experience, if I am to be completely honest."

"It's not like I'm going to throw you up the stairs."

"Again?" she said with a smirk. "Yeah I can carry you mutt. Just...don't get weird about it okay?" The fighter wasted no more time with small talk and slipped her arms under the large dog, hoisting him up over her shoulders and balancing him like a yoke as she made her way slowly up the steps. "Sil, please stay behind me in case this idiot hound drags me backwards? I'd appreciate it." Thankfully the stairwell wasn't a long one and she managed to avoid the one earlier pointed out and once on the next floor dropped down to her knees to allow Hannibal off. "You owe me mutt."

((Permission was given by Sil to manipulate Hannibal))
    Storm
    Storm
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Storm Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:20 pm

"I'll give it a go." Aaden had said before moving to the stares. Astrid was glad that his voiced concerns hadn't gone unheard, as Aaden moved to test the stares for any weak points. He wouldn't, lie the pup was worried that his concerns would be made real and the fire bird would fall through the steps and injure himself, or worse... The thought made the small pup look away when he heard the creeks, ears lowered, his face expressing his concern easily. He dared not watch, but wanted to see for himself if he was right or wrong about them. "Careful on this one." Aaden had voiced as he pointed to the step he had walked over. The small pup was glad that it was just one step, but then one of his own concerns came to light. How, was he going to get up there?

Once the steps had been tested and everyone was moving out to make a barrier, Astrid shook his head, deciding to worry about being too small to jump over that one step when he got to it as he ran to grab a small plank of wood. He didn't know if this would be good to help make some kind of barrier, but he wanted to help, and right now, this was probably the biggest he could carry.

Picking the plank up in his mouth Astrid began to walk backwards, slowly, the other end of the broken burned plank dragging across the ground, his ears lowered as it made an unpleasant scraping sound against the wooden floor, leaving behind a blackened trail. 'I hope this doesn't draw any attention...' The young pup thought as he reached the end of the steps and looked up. He had gotten the plank to the steps, but, how was he going to get it up? "Guess . . . I'm climbing . . ." Astrid said to himself as he just abandoned his plank and began to hop up the steps. He was doing fine, for the most part, until he reached the step that was unstable. Frowning slightly, he put one of his small paws onto it. 'Maybe... maybe because I'm small.... it won't break..?' That's what Astrid would like to believe anyway. Putting ever the slightest pressure onto the plank, but instantly pulled back when it gave a creek.

Astrid sat on that one step for quite awhile, looking at the one past the unstable one and wondering if he'd be able to jump to it. He was thinking about this for some time, and decided it was too risky, and risked stepping on the one Aiden said to avoid. He prayed he was light enough that it would stay stable under him, and he wouldn't linger on it, that was for sure. Preparing himself, he let out a long breath before quickly jumping to that step then the next in one quick stride, the step creaking loudly from his weight, but managed to stay in one piece, but from the sound, it probably wouldn't have had he lingered.

Letting out a long sigh, feeling himself be relieved of the tension of that, he made it to the top, where he then found some place where he could just let himself fall down. He knew he needed to help though, and so he didn't stay down long as he moved to find something he could carry over from the second floor.
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:54 pm

Burned Tower || Night

((Time Skip))

The cracks in the ceiling come in and out of focus as Aaden rubs his tired eyes. Just a little longer...then he could pass guard duty off to someone else. The moon shines brightly overhead, illuminating their hasty construction to fortify their temporary dwelling. Forcing himself to sit up straighter, he pushes himself to examine their work again to keep his mind off of sleep. All the holes in the floor that they could patch over, they did. Strategic placement of rubble. It was almost beautiful, in a ugly desperate sort of way.

"This is a lot of scrap. What could I carry Aaden?" A voice from his memory says, taking him back to when they started construction. It had been hell being one of the few with actual hands. Not that it stopped the others from pitching in. An image of the kid trying to drag a small piece of timber up the creaking stairs comes to mind and the blaziken smiles as his eyes droop. The night itself had thus far been calm, a bit chilly, but the aging toward blocked out most of the wind to its credit.

Eyes half-lidded, Aaden brings his gaze upward to survey the sleeping forms of the rest of the group. He's forced to stop as a large yawn overtakes him, splitting his beak wide open. Coming down off it, the fighter grinds his beak gently. He wasn't going to make it as this rate... Reluctantly, he rises to his feet, hoping the action will help him stay awake long enough to pass duty onto someone else.

Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:56 pm

[Skip me, please. I'm not exactly sure of what I would want Balth to do this round, and I don't want to accidentally get in the way of plot.]

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:03 pm

[[skip; I lost my post. My two are asleep.]]

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:21 am

Burned Tower|Night
    Post 98

Kinah shrugged at Hannibal's overly-friendly response to her carting him up the stairs. Idiot dog could have walked himself if he had only listened to her all those months ago but no, no he couldn't be bothered. And why did he have to be so disgustingly nice about it? Didn't he realize talking like that just gave people the impression not to trust him? He already had enough trouble with no one trusting him with that thing on his face. Stupid mutt.

She helped the others put up as much of a barricade as they could between the two floors and took a spot in the corner to keep her back protected as she started to fall asleep. Her time at watch would come all too soon and she didn't want to be weary when it did. Making sure to give Hannibal a steady glare to tell him not to try anything she began to drift off for nap before her shift.

((Time skip))

Kinah was awake long before her eyes opened. An old habit that never really died she kept her eyes closed after actually stirring in the realm of the living once again to monitor for trouble that might not know she was actually awake. From the sound and smell of the room they were still alone and everyone was still fast asleep, except for one tired yawn escaping one of the group from the far side of her.

She let her eyes slide open to see Aaden about ready to drop off after his turn at watch and no one coming to relieve him. With a stretch and a heavy sigh the fighter pulled herself to her feet and made her way over to the exhausted Blaziken.

"Hey," she called out softly in greeting as she approached, not looking to startle the bird. "Go on yeah? I'll take over from here."
    Storm
    Storm
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Storm Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:13 pm

(( Sorry but please skip. I couldn't think of anything that would be longer then a few sentences. Astrid is simply sleeping alongside the rest of the group. ))
    Florges
    Florges
    Harbinger
    Harbinger

Post by Florges Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:05 pm

Oh.

It was a quiet night. Sort of. The noises of the undead weren't that loud, anyway, or maybe just not to her. Either way, she felt peaceful, hanging where she was from the windowledge of the second floor on her vines. It was peaceful and silent and the moon glimmered overhead, and everything was right with the world for her.

Until she hauled herself up enough to peek over the windowledge, catching sight of white fur. Purple fur. Red feathers.

Her rotting face split in an ugly snarl.

Red and purple, red and purple.

She remembered that.

Purple cat, purple cat- Liepard? But she'd killed the Liepard!

Well, fine. If he was back then she would have to just kill him again. And his friend, the-

She remembered just a moment ago; why couldn't she remember now? Fuck. Who cared? He had a red friend and they were both going to die. But not just yet.

If the killing before hadn't made him stay dead then this time she may as well properly toy with him and all of them, and she knew there were more of them, because she could smell them. Filth. It needed to be purged. She lowered from sight before she could be spotted.

One of her vines crawled lazily through the window as she moved away from it, snaking its way slowly behind the backs of the two talking Pokemon to sharpy prod the child that the harbinger couldn't see, before withdrawing to the shadows as if it had never been there.

Time to scare them all witless, and let them taste a bit of the fear her children had.
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:01 am

Burned Tower || Night

A familiar voice brings Aaden fully back to the present. "Hey." Despite the greeting being spoken softly, he still jumps slightly. He squints to make out the shape of the approaching fellow fighter in the darkness. Had she noticed he was drifting off? "Go on yeah? I'll take over from here." If she did, she had the good graces not to call him out on it. Swallowing his embarrassment, Aaden nods. "I guess so." He responds back quietly, not wanting to wake any of the others.

"Thank you."The blaziken starts to stretch, extending out his arms to get the stiffness out of them. As he does, his skin pricks with the sensation of being watched. He abruptly stops mid-stretch to turn around, looking the area behind him up and down. Nothing. Was he imagining it? "Did you see anything?" He asks in a hushed tone. The day must have taken more out of him than he thought.

"Maybe I imagined it...felt like something was watching us..." With a slight shrug, he turns back around, lazily making his way towards his own resting spot but pauses right before laying down. One more look around couldn't hurt. He thinks to himself, righting himself once more he creeps slowly around the group's perimeter. His eyes struggling to see despite the light from the moon.

Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:42 pm

(I'll go ahead and skip...for mostly the same reasons as last time lmao. I am sorry, but hopefully I'll be back again next round...)

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:55 am

Post 86||Post 78

Burned Tower||Night

Sil awoke with a start, her antlered head quickly turning to survey her dark surroundings. Hannibal lay not far from her, apparently sleeping. He was a pokemon of endless facades-- even something as innocent as sleeping wasn't likely to be completely truthful. Her ears flicked about her as her eyes lingered on the hound, then finally turned when she caught the sound of hushed voices. It looked like Kinah was up, as was the leader Blaziken. Maybe she'd been woken by their talking? But... She turned and glanced about herself again, dread and worry causing her heart to pound in her chest. Her blood was suddenly alight with the need to flee, her limbs in desperate need of movement.

The Sawsbuck stood, flinching at the noise her hooves made against the damp wood below them. She needed to do something. Anything. Something was wrong, horrible wrong, and she needed... she had to do something. Chancing the noise from her steps, she made her way as quietly as she could to Kinah, who now had supposedly taken watch.

"Kinah..." she began quietly, looking around once more before continuing. "Kinah, there's something wrong. I... It's that same feeling... like at the farm..." She shook her head as logic finally entered her mind. She had just reunited with two pokemon who would, at some point or even right now, have very much liked to kill her. Of course she was fucking on edge. "Though... I might just... be paranoid... You and Aidan haven't... seen anything, have you?"

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:19 pm

Burned Tower|Night

The Jolteon was sleeping quite well for a time. It was a long time since he had a good sleep, but his fur started to stand up a bit and spark some electricity as a feeling of something wasn't right was amidst them. He went into a light sleep as voices started speaking. "Kinah, there's something wrong. I... It's that same feeling... like at the farm..." Sparkster opened his eyes as he rolled onto his stomach and stretched his legs out. Another spark of electricity started going off on his fur. Something's amiss and whatever it is, he didn't like it. The air started feeling heavy as well as if an ominous presence is among them. "Though... I might just... be paranoid... You and Aidan haven't... seen anything, have you?" The Jolteon decided to walk around for a bit to see if it would calm him down a bit since he's been feeling this since the epidemic started. Each step he made didn't ease the tension he was feeling. All of a sudden a strong shocking spark had snapped and it put Sparkster's mind into alert. Oh crap, that didn't feel to good. Something is definitely not right, I better let Aaden and Kinah know something's amiss. The electric eeveelution thought to himself.

As he started walking towards the guard post was the electric sparks was increasing with every minute. Not only that, the air was feeling heavier with every step as well. When he finally reached the guard post, the jolteon seen Sil and Kinah talking. "Kinah, Sil, I'm getting a bad feeling and the sparks on my fur are getting more intense and stronger. Whatever it is that's causing me to feel this isn't to far from us." Suddenly another strong zap of electricity had snapped and this time it hurt a bit when he was about to say something else. "Ouch! That was a bit to strong this time. Huh? What's that moving over ther...." Sparkster stopped talking as he spotted a figure in the distance. Something was moving towards them and he was just hoping it would bypass them and move on. He went to tell Aaden he spotted something moving in the distance heading towards the tower, but hopefully it isn't of any concern. "Aaden? I just spotted something and I can't make it out. Also I've been getting some rather nasty shocks from my own electricity. Normally they're not strong, but they just got really strong just now." He couldn't tell if it was anxiety or if it was just the night was not a good thing for him, but the Blaziken was the first one he would trust the most.
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:48 am

Burned Tower|Night
    Post 99

Kinah smiled as the Blaziken took the subtle hint and began to remove himself to go sleep, standing up and stretching happily. But all too quickly his demeanor changed from one of exhaustion to one of trepidation as he began to peer into the darkness around them. "Did you see anything?" Kinah shook her head and moved to stand beside him, trying to see whatever he may have seen from his vantage, but couldn't find anything. Her skin did begin to crawl, however, with a sensation that was eerily familiar.

"Maybe I imagined it...felt like something was watching us..." He seemed nervous about dismissing the possible threat and Kinah wasn't one to ignore that feeling slithering down her spine. "I don't think..." But her words were cut off as the others began to rise. "Kinah..." The doe was the first to approach her though Hannibal was likely not far behind. "Kinah, there's something wrong. I... It's that same feeling... like at the farm..." The Mienshao nodded. "I know."

"Though... I might just... be paranoid... You and Aidan haven't... seen anything, have you?"

"We haven't, but this sensation is too familiar to ignore."

"Kinah, Sil, I'm getting a bad feeling and the sparks on my fur are getting more intense and stronger. Whatever it is that's causing me to feel this isn't to far from us." My god was everyone going to get up and start announcing their location and that they knew something was watching them? Everyone needed to calm the fuck down right now or they were going to lose whatever small advantage they might have. But the Jolteon kept rattling on to Aaden despite it being a terrible idea.

"Shh!" Kinah hissed as sharply and quietly as possible. "Don't let it know you can see it you fool! Do you want to attract its attention? Right now we should move slowly and quietly to where the others are resting and make sure they are all right. And so help me if you run off on me again Doe..."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 am