Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+15
Fern
R'hia Kyrie
Deus
Un_kébécois
Penumbra
Baloo
Crepuscular
Chroma
Long-stride
identitist
2KB
ShadowCharizard
SkeletonCupcake
Min
Mew
19 posters

Prompt Replies

Fern
    Fern
    Elite
    Elite

Prompt Replies - Page 2 Empty Re: Prompt Replies

Post by Fern Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:48 am

Zapdos wrote:You are supposed to be an evil sorcerer, but you cannot resist helping people.

I come from a long line of sinister mages. My father, Wulfsin Burrow, was considered the most barbaric of his generation. His motive was to trump his forefathers before him with his twisted deeds, and that he did monstrously well. Wulfsin instilled so much fright in the people that villages arranged sacrifices for him. Needless to say, my father luxirated in the suffering of others.

His tyrannical reign of terror over the kingdom of Drazia ceased adruptly when he commited the iniquitous act of torturing and slaughtering many children. That was the final straw that caused Drazia to unite and rebel against him. My father, however, did not work alone. He was not only the High King of the kingdom itself, he was also the High Mage of a league of dark sorcerers known as The Nocturnal Privelege. The war that ensued was grueling, but neither side dared to surrender.

The battle went on for two decades. In the fourth year of this civil war was when I was born. When I reached the ripe age of sixteen, my father was killed in battle, which caused The Nocturnal Privilege and all who allied themselves with them to surrender. I attempted to lay low amidst the townsfolk during the war, as my father had instructed, as he did not want anyone to be aware that I was his son. Despite his cruelty, his love for me was deep.

After his death, I recall my irate gooseflesh as the victorious townsfolk danced in the streets in their triumph. I gradually became more choleric as they severed his head and impaled it on a pike, parading it around as if his entire life were a jest.

I had considered myself a virtuous wizard, but my morals were shattered at this sight. I was not a novice in the art of sorcery, my father had trained me when given the time. I made a decision the night of my fathers death, leaving the humble village of Bladerun for what I believed to be forever.

Eventually, I found myself before the weakened Nocturnal Privilege, or what was left of their broken society. I stood before them, bellowing, "I am your heir!" while brandishing my staff above me, beckoning the heavens to open above to fell lightning bolts below.

They did not believe I was truly the heir, however, they were impressed and astonished by my skills in sorcery despite my age. After much deliberation, I made the decision to avenge my father and made the blood pact to join their ranks. They schemed to use me as a weapon against Drazia, and supposed that I would be a turning point for a new revolution, a revolution of which the Nocturnal Privilege would conquer.

Or so they thought.

The training was brutal, the trials were cruel. It was not uncommon for me to be led on incognito missions where I would slay the innocent and steal from the poor. I recall one trial that I almost failed in. The rules were simple; you either decapitated a pregnant woman, or you would be killed. My will faltered at this point, and reluctantly, I did the deed, although I was beginning to regret my choice more and more.
    As I grew older and the tests became extremely diabolical, my rage towards the people of Drazia ebbed, and I soon pitied them. We were the ones who were truly evil. I no longer desired to be a part of the Nocturnal Privelege, but I had no other option. I had made a blood pact, and if broken, blood pacts can be Hell on Earth. So I decided to conduct a clandestine operation; I was going to turn spy for the villages of Drazia.

When the mages planned to attack, I would alert the townspeople so that they would have time to prepare to fight or evacuate. I couldn't allow unjust deaths to occur, for I myself had known loss and agony, and that was something that no one deserved. I had saved many lives from the Nocturnal Privelege in secret, without them suspecting a thing due to their intense trust in me. I even would visit the villages after my training, giving food to the hungry and love to the masses, and that made me feel truly euphoric. But the evil deeds that the Nocturnal Privelege forced me to commit almost rendered me a husk, withering me from within.

Eventually, the time arrived when I had to complete the final task of my training: finding and slaying a Unicorn. Once I achieved that, they would use the magic from within its horn to rule Drazia with a devilishly strict fist, and no one would dare uprise against them again.
    I didn't want to slaughter such a benevelont creature, and I didn't want the Nocturnal Privelege to rule. I desperately hoped that I would be able to devise a plan to overthrow them, but none came to me. I also knew that if I refused to kill the Unicorn, the Nocturnal Privelege would kill me, and the villages would have no hope, for I was their only inside source of information.

Unicorns are an arcane sight in Drazia, and I was always told they only approached the pure of heart, so I was certain one would not come to me. I wandered for many days and many nights searching for one with the heaviest of hearts.

Miracuously, one evening, I saw one. I had set up a small camp on the outskirts of a gorgeous forest when a Unicorn approached me with a serene gait. I was flabbergasted and in awe of the majestic creature, so much so that I fell to my knees. I will admit I began to sob when it looked me in the eyes, as I knew when it did, it had witnessed all of my sins. "Run!" I had commanded through my tears, but the Unicorn stood rigid. "Make haste! I do not desire to kill you! If you do not flee, I will be forced to!"

But the Unicorn was unafraid, and he bowed his head to me, touching my chest with the tip of his spiraled horn. At that moment, I felt all of my heartache alleviate, courage suffuse me, and tranquility inject itself into my heart. I gave the Unicorn my gratitude, and inquired for it to return to the villages with me. To my delight, it followed me, and I knew that with the essence of purity at my side, the Nocturnal Privelege would fall before me. The Unicorn, and their trust in me, would be their downfall.

When I approached the villages with the Unicorn alongside me, many bowed before it and quivered as I had. But I would always declaim, "Fear not! The Unicorn does not wish to harm you, in fact, he is here to assist us in this time of crisis! March with me to The Nocturnal Privelege, and I will enlighten you! They will tremble before us! They will be purified!"

And with this mere speech, I had an army. They were no fierce warriors, but they possessed purity of heart as the Unicorn did. We infiltrated The Noctunal Privelege's mighty walls, and we killed nor harmed any of them, and they killed nor harmed any of us, for the Unicorn's presence prevented any maleficent act, as he warded off any evil spells.

And the Unicorn touched The Nocturnal Privelege by its horn, one by one, until they were all cleansed of evil and sought only to do what was right. We all rejoiced as we knew the wicked society was no more, for the blackness of their hearts were diffused with only the cleanest of emotions. And with that, the Unicorn left us to return to its enchanted wood, and I was voted to join the monarchy. That was how I became High King of Drazia.

I am now an elderly sorcerer, and I do not possess much time on this Earth. I have conjured up a prophecy for my inevitable reunion with this world:

By sword, by knight, by wicked three,
    I will return to all of thee,
    Lodged within forgotten stone,
    Is where our king will sit alone.

I urge you to never forget my name. I am Merlin, the greatest wizard Drazia has ever known, and I am writing this so that the kingdom will have solace in my death. I will be returning, in a different life, and a different time.

May the Unicorn watch over you.

-Merlin
    Deus
    Deus
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Deus Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:56 am

Mew wrote:A band of young gods search for the elixir of death to save their father from eternal suffering.

I had been so wrong. I thought our mission was just. I thought it was the right way, the only way..!

I... I was wrong.

It started a long tme ago. Born to a world much different than now. In a land of flowers in bloom and steam engines coexisting. The sun was yellow, not red. The people were just that, people. They loved him.
    They named him many things, the titles he did not care for. Many just referred to him as simply Father. That is what he was, after all. A Father.

He was a strong man. He was clearly not human as he stood easily over two and a half meters tall. The advantage was allowing children to ride upon his great shoulders, while he laughed and cared for them.
    He had white hair that was not old. Father was the lifeblood of the people, he brought magic to the world.
    In turn, they worshipped him.

Father was given great gifts. In the beginning it was fruits and flowers in temples. Father never required substance to live, but he could enjoy taste. He thanked the people himself in those days.
    But over time, his followers became many. Those that left gifts became corrupted in the mind, believing in a different Father than existed. Father visited his temples and found red staining the marble, the corpse of a goat or a young girl left on the alter.

Horrified, Father tried to stop the insanity. He told his people that he loved them, he only wanted their joy. The blood shed shook him, and his people told him they would change. At first, Father thought the issue was dealt with.
    One single germ remained despite his efforts, intent on infecting them all.

Father continued his existence for the years after. All was peaceful, the people happy. He watched steam change to electricity and flowers spread to all the lands.
    But his attention was brought back to sin as his followers talked of murder, massacres.

Disturbed, Father looked into them himself at first. One isolated incident sank his heart, but he could grow and heal if it were jut the one. Rapidly the problem exploded across his lands, though. Father grew frantic. He needed to save his people, but the solution did not occur to him for many moons.
    Upon concluding what he must do, though, Father grew peaceful.

He was but one man, one deity. To help his people, he would need aid. Siring children with several of his most loyal followers, he had three daughters. They were named Joy, Peace, and Leisure.
    Being of magical origin, they grew to adulthood rapidly, loyal and loving to their Father.

After training his daughers, they were finally sent to do their life's duty. First, to hunt down the head of the one organizing the murders, then to bring them to Father. He would try then to talk the one out of his sins with only words and kindness. Father had no intention of causng harm.

The daughters headed to separate ends of the land. Peace went North. Joy headed South, and Leisure searched West.

Bloodshed continued, despite the efforts of the three, but after a time, Leisure had a break through.
    She was able to narrow down a name and found the man hidden in a remote village. Upon cornering him, Leisure demanded answers. "Why are you killing?" "Why do you hate our people?" "Why do you spite Father?"

The man did not give any information, but instead he asked: "Did you know your father...before?"

Confused, Leisure dropped her guard. Taking the bait, she listend to the man's words.
    He explained a time from before, a time when his ancestors were under the high command of Father. He wove a tale of when order reigned. The man said that the murders were not his fault, but Father's

Unbelieving, Leisure demanded the truth.

The man said that Father was not getting what he needed, in the time of before he had gotten all he used to suvive and thrived. By that tim, Leisure was beginning to buy the stories. The man said, sadly, that the deaths were of Father's origins.
    Going mad, he could not control his powers and took it out on his people while feigning innocence.

Leisure finally accepted this as truth, and demanded to know wh her Father needed.
    The man acted coy, but explained after prodding: "The flowers."
    "The...flowers?"
    "Yes.

"Crush several of the flowers into a powder. Take them, add in a drop of Father's blood under the light of the moon, then give it to him.

"It will heal him."

Leisure abandoned her sistes' objective, rishing off to complete the potion. She had to fix her father. It was up to her.
    She could not allow him eternal suffering..!

It was not difficult to get the elixir together. The flowers were abundant, and her father suffered wounds often with his times in the field.
    Leisure added it all together under the light of the moon, as told. It was then time to save Father from madness.

The next time a meeting was held with their family, Leisure offered the elixir as a health potion. Father accepted it blindly as Leisure beamed and grinned widely.

Father immediately reacted, though not in how he was expected too. Father fell, as the daughters rushed foward.
    They could only watch as his body convulsed then grew still. As they watched in fear, Father died, crumbling first to stone, then dust.
    Horrified, Leisure screamed. She was interrupted by a familiar voice: "I see you fell for it."

The sisters realised that the man, from before, had found them. Leisure moved to attack him, but the man pulled out a wand. One wave and the sorcerer flicked Leisure away like a flea.
    "That was a spell, you see, dear... dear Leisure.

"It was the sole way to get him out of th picture."

The man kicked the pile of dust, causing the sisters to howl in outrage again. He waved his wand and they fell silent once more. "I do not take kindly to interruption. ...As I was saying. This fool is no Father. He is merely the ruler of light. I have been waiting for eons... EONS for his naivety to ruin him."

"A new age has come, dear Peace, Leisure, Joy... the age of Dark."

Kitty
    Kitty
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Kitty Wed May 20, 2015 4:16 pm

Your prompt will be " 'Pain will be your mentor, Agony, your tutor.' "

Prompt reply:
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:06 am

Write the farewell of two best friends that know they will never see each other again.

They sat back to back, naught but the rough bark of the tree between them, but nary was a word spoken. It was time, they both knew it. Time to let go and move on, to see what else the world had to offer. Childhood doesn’t last forever, things change as do the people we once knew. So even as the girls sat in their comfortable silence it wasn’t as though this meeting was a mystery to either one.

“You left…” whispered the first girl, soft and shimmering brown curls blowing gently in the wind. The sorrow on her face was evident, because even though you know something can’t last forever it still hurts when it is gone. The older girl sighed, head leaning back to rest on the scratchy surface of her prop, blonde waves thankfully not catching in the textured wood. She closed her grey eyes slowly and let out a heavy sigh, the weight of her feelings nearly crushing her heart inside its bone shelter. “I know…”

Several minutes passed again as the two once more resumed their period of hollow silence, each with an ocean of feelings to convey but neither seeing the point when this was the end. As the sun slowly started to dip in the horizon the shadow of their tree stretched across the fields to point at two identical houses. The one on the left was if out of a picture, worn but cheery as life bustled within. The shutters were open and the light poured out onto the soft green grass and blooming garden that wrapped around the small country home. The other was dark and worn, sadly falling apart and looking all the more run down as its picturesque sister stood only an acre away.

“I didn’t leave on purpose,” the second girl finally admitted, eyes drawing away from the crumbling house. “I joined the Army.” The brunette hugged her knees to her chest and pulled her skirt around them tightly, knuckles clenching tightly. “But you didn’t even say goodbye…” she whimpered, burying her face in her knees. “We were shipped out right after basic, I didn’t know I was going until the day before. They barely even let me warn my parents, and even then it was just a hastily scrawled letter in the middle of the night.” The defense sounded as pathetic in her head as it did out loud but sadly it was the truth. She might have found time to write one more letter but she had been scared of what would happen the following morning. Too scared to remember to write the girl who was practically her sister.

As the last shimmers of daylight danced in the sky a cold wind rustled the tree, leaves falling around the pair like a halo. Pulling her over-sized uniform jacket closed the blonde shivered but her companion was still too upset to move. “Why did you do it?” the blonde finally asked. Raising her eyes from her knees, the green orbs shimmering with tears, the curled head did nothing but shake. “I don’t know…” she finally whispered. “I guess I just missed you too much.” Tears brimmed in the grey eyes of the veteran, threatening to spill with the threat of unresolved sorrow. “You were so sweet and happy,” she sniffled, fear not allowing her to even turn to look at the blonde as she finally got the weight off her chest. “You could have waited for me to contact you at least so you knew I would come home. You could have waited for me…”

The pain was too great to continue any longer as the tears finally spilled over, the blonde covering her face and sobbing openly. It was finally dark, and the moon shone high overhead. Once again the pair sat forlornly underneath the oak but as the cool winds blew a yellow ribbon played gently between them. The tendrils of the ribbon danced gently across the face of the first girl, the brunette sniffling quietly before finally uncurling her legs. She dug the heels of her hands to wipe her eyes free of tears as a sorrowful smile finally broke her expression. “But you didn’t come back…” she whispered softly, standing up and catching the edge of the yellow ribbon on her shoulder. Turning gently her childhood features suddenly vanished and a pale young woman with dark hair stood in her place, adjusting the bow of the ribbon as it tried to unravel.

As her friend stood the blonde too rose to her feet, but her features did not change. The moonlight shone through her translucent body as blood patterns danced across her uniform, color fading from her form as she turned to finally look at her childhood friend who was no longer a child. Yet she would forever be one, a child that is. A child sent off to a war she didn’t understand and one of the countless lost in a bombing that wiped out an entire neighborhood of the city she had been patrolling. “I may not have come back,” she admitted, “but a part of me never left.” She walked around the tree and tapped gently at the necklace shining on the brunette’s neck. Half of a heart that read ‘St. Ends. Ever.’ Opening her friend’s palm she placed a silver chain delicately inside before closing it again, tears still softly trailing down her cheeks as she stepped away into the moonlight.

“Don’t forget,” she said softly, sad smile playing across her face. She watched as her friend opened her palm and let out a heart wrenching sob. Another half of a heart with the etching ‘Be. Fri. For’ sat lightly in her hand. How many years had she spent wondering if her friend had even though of her after leaving? How many times had she pushed people away for fear they would leave her too? As she held the small trinket in her hand she suddenly became overwhelmed with laughter. Her sorrow suddenly lifted and she felt lighter than she had in years, playing with the pendant in her palm before lifting the chain up and clipping it behind her neck, revealing thin scars playing up her arms and wrists. She lowered her hands and allowed the two silver pieces to clank delicately together before smiling back at her lost friend. “I’ll never forget. I Promise.” And even as the blonde’s ethereal form began to fade the two girls found themselves repeating to each other a childhood promise that transcended even death, knowing that this time would be the last time they ever got to say it. "We'll always be..."

“Best.
    Friends.
    Forever.”
    Lespri
    Lespri
    Ace
    Ace

Prompt Replies - Page 2 Empty Prompt Reply

Post by Lespri Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:43 pm

@Lespri Your prompt is as follows:

It has been a month since the nukes went off, and the creatures have only multiplied.

“Voice log number 313, Dr. Vorne speaking. The date is August 23rd of the year 2027. I am in the underground lab so graciously offered to us by Bethesda Naval Hospital. My research is going quite well, making leaps and bounds now that I have to proper equipment with which to work. The fatality rate of the test subjects has fallen to a mere 5% and their learning abilities are incredible. Some have even begun trying to mimic human voices. I only hope we can continue this astonishing pattern of growth. I must tend to their feeding now, so I conclude my audio log with this note. This research will change the world. ” A smooth voice intoned from a battered black object that sat, like some sort of dangerous creature, on a steel table delivering it’s tale to a circle of tense onlookers. As the last words dwindled and the recorder clicked off, there was a moment of silence before a gruff voice whispered a single question.

“You mean to tell me… That our own government created those… Those freaks?!” The voice belonged to a rather young man, contrary to his voice. His skin was a deep pitch, scars and new wounds alike showing lighter against his dark skin. He slammed a fist on the table, eyes flashing as he hissed, “Why the hell would the military do something like this?!” The others seemed shocked at his outburst. His mouth twisted into an ugly grimace as he jarred his shoulder, setting a young woman fluttering about him. Her short blonde locks hung in unkempt hanks, and as she ran a hand through them, stuck up giving her the look of having been electrified.

“Judge, you’ve got to calm down. You’ll reopen those stitches and you know how hard it was to even get ahold of surgical thread.” As her nimble fingers moved over his skin she spoke softly to him. “I know how you must feel. The military was your home and family. But we know that even the greatest often do despicable things..” Her soothing seemed to calm him and his muscles unlocked slowly as he sighed. Her wide blue eyes were lined with slight crevices, brought on by stress and lack of sleep; she certainly didn’t look like a young woman fresh out of her residency with medical school. Her thin mouth was pinched with concentration as she checked over her companion’s stitches. “It all looks good here.” Straightening up she looked at the others for a long moment and when she finally spoke, her voice was grim. “That’s not the only thing I found down here either...”

Terra approached the table, setting down a folder gingerly and opening it. “It says here that they had 15 of these experiments in this lab. So tell me why we’ve killed 20.” She spread the papers out, ignoring the rust colored stains they bore, across the table so the others could see. “It says here that the week before the bombs dropped, they were introducing something. A breeding program of sorts. The only thing is that the things they were using to create more Freaks? They were human beings. Dead, albeit, but humans. The last notes say only one thing.” She set the page down and in glaring red ink read the words. Experiment Successful. The gasps that answered were full of horror and Terra once more ran a hand through her hair and sighed, “Can anyone tell me what’s outside this compound?” The realization seemed to hit like a jolt and the group dispersed into panicked talking.

Judge walked quietly towards the door towards the back of the room, his hand gliding over his head, noting how his once shaved scalp was beginning to prickle with growth. Pacing back and forth, he seemed to be thinking deeply, mumbling to himself softly. “The world above…” He paused, “It’s a god damn incubator for them. They can use bodies no matter the condition, they can fight, they can kill us all.” When he swiveled, moving to make another circuit, Terra was standing in front of him with an odd expression. “Terra? What’s wrong with you?” He reached out to touch her shoulder and she whispered softly, leaning into him.

“There’s one of them in here with us.” His body tensed and he disguised it by pulling her close in what seemed to be a sympathetic embrace and she continued. “Bartholomew has been acting strange since he came back from the scouting trip through the labs below. I didn’t put it together till I read the notes.” Her voice took on an edge, “They can, if they get into a still living body, use it like a puppet. Access it’s thoughts and memories, use its voice.” Judges eyes found the man in question, who oddly enough seemed unfazed. The man’s shaggy brown hair was pulled back out of his face horn-rimmed glasses perched on his nose. Though the strange thing was not his reaction, but the fact that he was simply standing, up and moving about. “That wound he came back with. He should have been dead Judge. It should have killed him. And even if it didn’t, we are in a top grade medical lab but he still wouldn’t have recovered so quickly.” As Judge listened, Bartholomew turned to meet his gaze and the man’s maw split into a hideous smile.

“Terra.” He spoke to her softly, “Did those files say anything about their learning curve?” She nodded. “Did they say anything about what would happen if one of the experiments managed to get their hands on a living body?” Another nod and he looked down at her. “Terra. He knows.” A soft moan of horrified realization escaped her as she turned to face Bartholomew.

“How long?” Her voice quavered as she watched him turn towards her fully. To her growing horror the other’s slowly began to turn as well, their mouth’s curling into those horrendous smiles. For the first time she noticed the differences. The eyes were too wide, as though in perpetual surprise and the pupils were pin pricks against Irises. The fevers that had befallen the group, one by one, after Barty had returned. Terra had always written it up to Radiation exposure. She spoke again, squaring her shoulders and attempting to block out the feeling of growing panic. “How long God damn you?!” She shouted at them, hating and fearing their frozen faces. They had tricked her and Judge, fooled them as they slowly took over. Her voice rasped as she asked once more, “Tell me how long you have been here.”

A voice whispered from behind Terra, his chapped lips brushing her ear, “Since the bombs went off.” Tears streaked down her cheeks as his hand came down, striking her across the base of the skull, and as her vision faded he murmured to her. “Our survival is all thanks to you Terra.”
    BatEmmaman
    BatEmmaman
    Ace
    Ace

Post by BatEmmaman Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:42 pm

A human with the power of invincibility is also the most unluckiest person in the world.

“God dammit,” she cursed. All around her were pieces of wood and strings of a piano splayed across the pavement. People didn’t actually get pianos dropped on them that only happened in movies.
    Yet here she was with chunks of the instrument sticking out of her fawn hair and stuck to her clothes. She let out a heavy sigh and looked up at the people screaming at her.
    “Oh my god, lady are you okay,” a man shouted from above her. He had a thick, greying beard and shock was clear on his aging face. “Hold on, I’ll be right down!”
    “No it’s okay,” she called back, but it was too late. God, all she wanted was to go to the grocery store. She returned to picking out the scraps that stuck to her. She thought about running, refusing to give an explanation and hoping that no one would be around the next time bad luck attacked her. Sometimes she envisioned a dark cloaked figure following her around, using his magic to test her invincibility at every turn. She sighed and turned to walk away just as the man got to the sidewalk.
    “Hey lady, hold on,” he said, wrapping a callused hand around her upper arm. “Are you hurt, I can drive you to the hospital, my car is right around the corner?”
    “I’m fine thanks, it didn’t actually hit me, just missed me. You should really be more careful.”
    “I’m sorry,” he said, a blush spreading across his cheeks from underneath his facial hair. “My partner called in sick so I didn’t have any help today.”
    She rolled her brown eyes and shrugged him off before walking away, dodging pieces piano strewn around the cement.

What a fucking day, she thought. Twice in ten minutes. For the second time her little bad luck demon has attacked. She can’t even cross the street without almost being exposed.
    It wasn’t even a car this time, she couldn’t count the times a car has hit –or almost- hit her. No of course not, she said as she shoved her way out from under the stop sign she was smothered under. Her t-shirt was torn and cut up from the sign and being dragged across the pavement. She loved this shirt, sure she had a flannel shirt of every color, but she was still going to miss the destroyed red flannel.
    She choked down a chuckle at losing her red flannel to the same colored sign. She turned to the car that had slammed into the sign. Luckily the man inside didn’t seem too injured, if anything he looked annoyed. His glare rivaled hers, and she flipped him off before (once again) leaving the scene.
    Her simple walk to the grocery store has turned into an absolute disaster, and she wasn’t at all surprised. She thought about giving up, going home to her apartment where only small, hidden disasters. But she was craving those god damn ranch flavored chips, and gods help her she was going to get them.
    She kept walking, despite her ripped up shirt and she tried to stop herself from glaring at everyone she passed, but that was getting harder and harder to do.
    Maybe it was a despicable, dark cloaked monster that followed her around. Or perhaps it was a fluffy, goofy creature that was just trying to have fun. Like a cat that knocks a glass of water off the table, just an animal craving attention.
    She ignored the funny looks she got as she made it to the store, a child pointed at her and his mother pulled him away, and an elderly woman sent her a disapproving look. She ignored them as she rushed to the chip aisle. She searched up and down the lane and almost screamed when she couldn’t find any.
    She stomped towards the exit barely flinched when a pyramid of cans fell on top of her. She finally let out an angry scream from underneath the aluminum mountain she was buried under.
    Taking a few, deep breaths to calm down she began climbing out of the pile. She made eye contact with a panicking mother and a weeping child. She turned to them, held her arms up to show that she wasn’t hurt. “It’s okay, I’m fine. Please don’t cry.”
    She had never been good with children, they were too breakable and she had too much bad luck. The mother nodded and pulled her sobbing child away after seeing she was okay.
    She turned to the doors solemnly and started heading home without her potato chips. As she passed the express line the man called to her.
    She almost cried when she saw he was holding up a bag of her ranch flavored chips. “You’re my hero,” she told him, pulling her money out of her back pocket.
    “I know how you can be when you don’t get your chips,” he said, laughing. “How many accidents did you have on your way over?”
    “Only three, I’ve definitely seen worse.”
    “That’s for sure. Well good luck getting home.”
    “Thanks,” she said, collecting her change and rushing out. She clenched her back of chips to her chest, nothing was going to stop her now.
    (Fate laughed, pulling their strings,  eyes on the girl)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content