Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the outbreak.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?


Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Catalyst. The Banner was made by Lady Silverfishes. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.


Support our staff!



(ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Share
avatar
NyraXerz
Primary Artist
Primary Artist

Age : 25
Posts : 687

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by NyraXerz on Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:36 pm

((ooc: Please skip me this round.))


_________________



"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
Larka's Art Shop
Sketchbook
avatar
Maximum
Elite
Elite

Age : 24
Posts : 397

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Maximum on Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:23 am

Vermillion Harbor (Kelp Beds)/Noon [67]

Saferi took the lead as they swam, and he saw her open her jaws to scent the area as the got closer to the cave. She reported, "I don't taste any blood from ahead." Okay. That was good. That meant nothing had injured her, right? If she had gotten hurt, then Saferi would be able to smell the blood. He hoped.

He followed her lead inside, and his heart dropped. Bell was nowhere to be seen. Thorn called out, "Bell?" His heart hammered when there was no response. No happy greeting or incessant questions that he'd be okay with answering if she were here.

"If something had come in she could have easily gotten lost within the caverns trying to flee." Saferi helpfully added. Unfortunately, it ramped up the Gyarados' fear. As she went in further with a short comment, "How ominous," Thorn couldn't help but remember when he let Newton out of his sight in that cave. He never saw the Espeon alive after that. He couldn't let that happen to Bell. Not now.

He glanced at the walls of the cave to judge if he could follow, and finding it sufficient, he swam to catch up with her. He hoped they weren't going in completely blind, and he had to ask, "Ever been in here?"
avatar
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Age : 22
Posts : 1728

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Dandelion on Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:37 pm


Vermilion Harbor | Noon | 25


Sanngetall followed along in silence. This was fucking stupid. There was no point in bringing the brat, there was no point keeping it, but if it kept them moving then fuck it. Anger burned brightly int he back of his mind, spurred on by his stinging wounds, but even his past time of gibes and groans didn't sound like it'd help. Gods.. Just the thought of the kids screaming was giving him a headache. Or maybe that was just the ice cuts. Whatever.

While he can imagine the horrible sound the group is not greeted by ear-shattering squeals or even sinister bone crunching. In fact, aside from the sounds of nature and their own swimming this place is disgustingly quiet. "She's not here." He grunts, vainly hoping they could just turn around and go back. Alas, those words hardly even leave his mouth before Saferi starts spinning ideas. "If something had come in she could have easily gotten lost within the caverns trying to flee." With an exaggerated groan Sannge threw a fin over his eyes. "Or maybe she left because her babysitters had forsaken her." Hah, that would just be priceless if it was true.

If Bell had gone after them or left at all she was as good as gone. There would truly be no point in searching the vast ocean for a creature that could also traverse land. But even though this possibility pleased him Saferi crushed it down by, sadly, ignoring him and going further into the bluish stone cavern. With another whining sigh he followed along and heard her mutter, "How ominous."

Kicking up his fins the Dragalge pushed forward. Resigning to not getting out of this he would have to make it end as fast as possible. "Yes yes, very spooky," he grumbles quickly, the exasperation clear in his voice as he swam past Saferi. "But we gotta ship to bomb so lets keep this shit moving." The light from above petered out the further in they went, but the sloshing water from the air above kept everything fresh.  Great, so when we get lost at least we wont asphyxiate. We can linger until our bodies give out. What a time to be alive.
avatar
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Age : 22
Posts : 1728

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Dandelion on Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:11 am


Vermilion Harbor [Caverns] || Noon
Saferi - Sixty-eight || Bell - Eighty-eight


The bastard passed her like this was some waltz in a stream. The guy had no morels, strength to back himself up, little fear, and a sick sense of thrill, but that was still a pretty stupid idea given the nature of the area. He continued onward into the next branch, which started only a few yards further, like he was the lead but was forced to stop as Saferi called out, "Well turn around moron, that ones a dead end."

Ignoring the idiot the Huntail moved forward slowly after continuously checking their position and tasting for anything new. She knew this tunnel would get dark soon before opening back into the light, but even with that prior knowledge it was still eerie. "Ever been in here?" Thorn asked, the question seeming odd to the eel. After all, she had brought them here the first time, and knew this entire bay like scars on her body.
However, she assumed the question was coming from a different perspective, and her response would not be well received. "At one point," she said roughly, not looking back at the Gyarados. "I had wanted to make this place my den, but these tunnels are expansive and have many dead ends. They aren't safe to travel blindly." Given the pretty stone walls, air for both sea and land creatures, and the dangerous nature of caverns it made for an attractive spelunking spot. "So idiots came to explore back when the bay was lively and would get lost. Which isn't funny when its in your house."

But that wasn't their problem right now. Those adventurous souls had long since vanished, and anything that came in here would either be predatory or a refugee. And Bell isn't bright enough to run from something that seemed even remotely friendly. The eel fell quite, her focus shifting completely to any noises or rumbles within the water. There was something, a faint vibration, or a bounding repeating sound that she couldn't quite place, before a heavy heavy rumble. There was no doubt in her mind that they were not alone, but the source eluded her. Poking her head above the water Saferi listened for anymore information on the disturbance, but near instantly after breaching the surface she knew what it was.
Without the water to halt the airs vibrations the screams, thuds, and whines where painfully clear. The water, it canceled the noise! Shit, shit--"Damn water," she curses while diving and lashing her tail to pick up speed. "She's down here--! With something."


A crazed Barboach had wandered in, and while Bell initially thought it was Saferi the thing made it clear it was not. It seemed hurt and kept muttering to itself while it approached her, but when she asked if he was okay the thing didn't seem to understand. Some of its scales were discolored, and a sickening wound  ran jagged across her body. Bell had asked what happened, but as soon as she came close the Barboach attacked with a painful burst of water.

While it hurt the shock instantly rattled the child. Why did it attack her! She continued to question it while backing away, but the muttering, creeping fish just kept coming closer and kept using attacks at random. Its aim was poor, as though distracted by its own attacks, but Bell did not want to feel another. Too afraid to swim past it to leave she hopped onto the jutting rocks and backpedaled deeper into the cave.
"P-Please leave me a-alone." She had asked, but it didn't answer. At some point she had left its field of vision and the fish trashed in the water, causing terrible turbulent and a horrid earthquake from its Magnitude. The ceiling crumbled and rocks fell, some of which clonked and scratched her on the head and spurred her even deeper into the cave.

It got dark and Bell sunk against the wall, hoping the thing could not see or here her. The water was still, giving her hope, but suddenly came to life as the Barboach peeked out of it and kicked a Mud Bomb at her. Thankfully, its poor aim landed its brunt on the wall above her and the Poliwag raced forward until the cavern lit up once more. How much further did it go, she wondered. Could she remember the way she came? With light filtering down she could see this portion of the cave had pretty purple stones in it and awe inspiring stalactites, but she could not enjoy the scenery as the Barboach kept approaching.

The stone pathway came to a sudden halt, and Bell was too afraid to get back in the water with the crazy fish. It could see her now, and with what she could only imagine was a battle cry raced toward her. It tried to launch another attack but crashed into the stone first, like its depth perception was failing. "Are you alright?" She asked, concern overriding her fear, but the Barboach quickly retaliated with more Magnitudes.
The entire cave shook, the stones from above coming down in big, worrying chunks. Bell was knocked over, the force too much to fight. "D-don't do that!" She warned him as a big chunk of a stalactite fell, but as though her voice annoyed it it rammed the stones again. "You're hurting yourself!" But it continued, and with each shake her head grew dizzy and body ached more. The ceiling shook and rocks splashed in to the water with dangerous force. Bell shot her Water Gun at it over and over, and while they hit they did little to nothing. "P-Please stop!" She begged, her stubby feet shaking as she pressed herself against the wall in preparation for another shake. "It's not safe..."
avatar
NyraXerz
Primary Artist
Primary Artist

Age : 25
Posts : 687

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by NyraXerz on Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:17 pm



|Vermilion Harbor|Noon|84|


Aqua hung near the middle of the group as they made they way through the twisting caverns. If she had come in here on her own, she's sure she'd have already gotten lost. "Well turn around moron, that ones a dead end." Even as she has the thought Saferi scolds Sanngetall for starting down a dead end. Prompty, the sea weasel follows Saferi down the correct tunnel. Aqua's eyes scan the rocks under and above water, half expecting to see Bell hiding behind them each time she looks. Nothing. If only they had had a bigger group -- someone could have stayed behind with Bell! This was too much to ask of a kid...

Seemingly without cause, slight vibrations ripple through the water. At first, Aqua ignores them completely as she continues to look for the familiar poliwag. Perhaps a rock fell or one of her companions splashed the water. She twisted and halted her swim as a heavy rumble shock the walls around them. "Y'all felt that too right?" She asks, spying Saferi darting towards the surface without a word. Once her head clears the water, it's obvious something's wrong. The eel's demeanor changes and she's again picking up speed and taking off down the tunnel. "She's down here--! With something."

The floatzel's uneasy expression drops into a horrified grimace and her eyes bulge wide. Aqua kicks off the shallow floor and bursts past the surface to hear for herself. When she does, the screams are unmistakable. She takes a breath and dives back below, frantically propelling herself after the group to make up for time wasted breaching the surface. "I heard it too! It's definitely Ms. Bell -- and she's not alone. Something must have chased her deeper in!"


_________________



"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
Larka's Art Shop
Sketchbook
avatar
Maximum
Elite
Elite

Age : 24
Posts : 397

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Maximum on Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:41 pm

Vermillion Harbor (Caverns)/Noon [68]

Their progress slowed as Saferi navigated the tunnels slowly. Her answer to Thorn admittedly inane question was spoken roughly, but it kept the quiet from being so unnerving and eased him a little from his anxious thoughts, "At one point. I had wanted to make this place my den, but these tunnels are expansive and have many dead ends. They aren't safe to travel blindly. So idiots came to explore back when the bay was lively and would get lost. Which isn't funny when its in your house."

Memories of his home and how many humans flocked to it when the Gyarados started to rage popped up unbidden. Sometimes he seriously wondered about the humans and if they actually had a survival instinct. "I swear they're attracted to danger," he muttered; the statement was accompanied with bitter sweet memories of a tiny human girl looking at him in awe instead of fear. Behind her stood a Feraligatr that towered over her, and she was completely unafraid of the situation.

There was a brief shift in the current that he almost shrugged off before Aqua asked, "Y'all felt that too right?" His brow scrunched as he contemplated the feeling. Vibrations? But what would be causing them?

Saferi shot to the surface and breached the safety of the water to listen, and she dove back down with haste while swearing, "Damn water. She's down here--! With something." Shit. SHIT. The vibrations were probably attacks. Maybe ground? It wasn't strong enough to be an Earthquake, but either way, that meant Bell was under attack.

No. No. NO! Not again. Not here. Not in the dark again. Fear was starting to edge into anger, and he had to shake his head to keep from seeing red right then. He couldn't afford to rage. Too many others would get hurt. He might frighten his new allies. Or they might decide he was lost to the infection and try to kill him. No. He had to stay calm.

In trying to contain himself, he missed Aqua's brief foray to the surface, but he heard her report as well, "I heard it too! It's definitely Ms. Bell -- and she's not alone. Something must have chased her deeper in!" DAMMIT. They shouldn't have left her. He didn't know how they could have done anything else, but they shouldn't have. He stayed right behind Saferi; magenta eyes trying to see anything in the darkness. He almost wanted to rear out of the water and dare whatever it was to come at them, but he didn't know what it could be. If it was undead, it was probably too focused on the food in front of it to listen to anything else. They had to get there in time. They HAD to.
avatar
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Age : 22
Posts : 1728

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Dandelion on Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:35 pm


Vermilion Harbor [Caverns] | Noon | 26


The beast asked if Saferi had lived here before and Sannge couldn't stop himself from shooting daggers at the both of them. Damn son, way to be forward. As she explained herself the seahorse wondered why getting such a response was so hard for him. He practically had to work the girl and Thorn just got to ask? No fair. "So idiots came to explore back when the bay was lively and would get lost. Which isn't funny when its in your house." Any envy quickly fades as the dragon starts to chuckle softly. "I dunno sounds pretty funny to me. You could chase those bitches through a bunch of anastomoses and watch run themselves dry!"

While he knew he was working with a tough crowd Saferi didn't even give him a 'fuck off'. In fact, the eel didn't give any response and the entire group seemed to be in a trance. What gives? "Y'all felt that too right?" Felt? Backlash hung on his snout but the dragon held his tongue as he indeed felt the tail end of a rumble. "The fuck?" For a few moments a thought overcomes him. Had the tables been turned? Was this cave going to collapse as well, except now they were the pests being exterminated?

The thought popped like a bubble hitting the surface as Saferi roared. Someone had flipped a switch and the group was bolting, bounding with energy and panic. "I heard it too! It's definitely Ms. Bell -- and she's not alone. Something must have chased her deeper in!" The brat was alone with something? Well, she's dead. Was everyone else thinking that, or did they still hope there was time?
Saferi's pace was fast, the close quarters and turns meaning nothing as her dark scales blended into the darkest points in the cave. Every so many moments the walls would shake, and when the seahorse thought he could see the cavern opening up, he heard it. "P-Please stop!" Well shit, she was alive. The pace, the fearful voice, the rumbling, Sannge had to admit his own adrenaline was pumping. The moment he entered the larger area he shot out a Scald and awaited the agonizing scream.
avatar
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Age : 22
Posts : 1728

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Dandelion on Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:27 am


Vermilion Harbor [Caverns] || Noon
Saferi - Sixty-nine || Bell - Eighty-nine


The eel knew these caverns. She knew the area up ahead opened up and had thin light pouring through cracks in its stalactite covered ceiling. She knew whatever was causing those shakes posed a threat to more than just Bell. She knew they did not have time to spare. If it keeps shaking the whole place will come down. Normally speaking, combat in here wasn't a bad idea, but whatever was attacking seemed to be using their plan against them.. ...Is a Phione seeking revenge? Over her dead body.

Saferi didn't know if the others were able to follow her. Between the imitate threat of being crushed and Bell's demise she was not taking care to slow down or look bad. Bell's squeals were soft, as though she was only whimpering. Was she dying, had they not made it in time, or was she just being quiet as to hide? Godsdamn it I can't read children. The 'clearing' was just ahead, and without a giving a signal Scumtail dashed ahead of her with a blistering Scald. "You fool," she hisses through gritted teeth, but resists further scolding as her golden eyes search the dark water for their culprit.

When she lands on the pathetic Barboach, somewhat sickly looking and clearly infected, Saferi is both bewildered and furious. The ground type could easily kill them all in it's diseased stupor. Scummy's aim was off and the attack completely missed its mark, though the eel doubted he had even seen the target before striking. However, the hot blast did bring out something, a sharp, "Eeek!" of a child not expecting such heated water to whiz by. Saferi's eyes moved up and saw the huddled up Poliwag at the Barboach's mercy. She's alive. Then their was still time.

In a matter of seconds the Huntail charged and shot the purple beam of her Hidden Power. Her aim was true, but the infected fiend pulled away from the stones just fast enough to only get clipped. Cutting it off the eel moved forward and hissed loudly. "Leave the kid and you might escape with your life, shitbag." She threatened clearly as sharp ice coating her fangs. "S-S-Saferi!" Bell's shocked squeal suddenly perked up, energy and a fresh bout of tears filling her shaking voice. "And Ms Aqua and Mr. Thorn-n-n." Even Mr. Sanngetall was there. They had all made it through the thing and come to save her! "C-careful," she whimpered and scooted closer to the edge of her rocky ledge. "I-It's making the ceiling fall!"

Saferi threw her gaze up right as the Barboach leapt and hit the ground again. Everything shook, the water, the walls, and the jagged stones that rattled or trickled down into the pool. "Don't let it bring this place down!" She both instructed and warned the others. She wasn't about to go down to some sick irony.
avatar
NyraXerz
Primary Artist
Primary Artist

Age : 25
Posts : 687

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by NyraXerz on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:39 am



|Vermilion Harbor|Noon|85|


In a blink of an eye they are all rushing down the path. Aqua does her best to stay close behind Saferi, but finds herself lagging. The eel's spotted black and blue skin meshes all too easily with the shadowy cavern. Honestly, it was more like she was following a blur through the twisting tunnels. At least her other comrades were much easier to track and the further they went she found herself more so following them. Before she even entered the cavern or saw the rampaging undead she felt a familiar jet of super-heated water burst forward.

This must be it--! "Eeek!" And Bell was alive! "Be careful! Ms. Bell is in there too!" She cries, pushing herself to the front to see with relief that Bell was unharmed, though cornered. "And Ms Aqua and Mr. Thorn-n-n." A barboach, obviously diseased separates them from her. In another lifetime, she would have been trying to catch it for lunch on the beach..."I-It's making the ceiling fall!"

"Don't worry! We're coming!" She calls out, lost for anything more comforting to say. There was still the real possibility of this becoming their grave. As if on cue, the fish leaps up and crashes down hard, shaking the cavern walls with vibrations strong enough to dislodge stalactites. "Don't let it bring this place down!" Saferi echoed. How could they stop it if everything started to go down? None of the moves she knew had anything to do with stone. But there was something she could do. Her fur shimmers with a faint light as Aqua charges forward. A burst of speed kicking in as the agility fades that propels her around sinking stones and in a tight curve aimed for Bell. "I'll grab Ms. Bell, distract that vermin. Doesn't matter if this place falls down if we can get back out of it faster than a Jolteon!"


_________________



"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
Larka's Art Shop
Sketchbook

    Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:58 pm