Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the outbreak.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?


IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT- http://www.epidemicjohto.com/t7003-join-the-battle-for-net-neutrality

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Catalyst. The Banner was made by Lady Silverfishes. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.


Support our staff!



(ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Share
avatar
Maximum
Elite
Elite

Age : 24
Posts : 417

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Maximum on Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:06 pm

Vermilion City Harbor/Evening[17]

Saferi's response was rather nonchalant considering the state she put Thorn in with her earlier comment. "Nah," she said as the Huntail continued forward. The Gyarados watched her intently as she moved, and he figured that she would not keep going if she thought the area was unsafe for her. He followed along slowly though he kept looking around for movement. The water remained quiet and empty as the river widened and deepened, and though the lack of other pokemon still unnerved Thorn, he knew that at least this way they wouldn't have to fight for sleeping space. As they arrive at their destination, Thorn heard Saferi announce, "It's clear."

Aqua was just as nervous as Thorn was, but she tried to stay optimistic. "It could have been empty for a while...something got hungry and left. We're probably alone." She had a good point, and that would mean they would have the space to themselves for a little while. Probably longer if other living things thought that a Gyarados of all things decided to take residence there. His fierce expression was dropping, however, as there was no need to look ready to fight if there wasn't going to be one.

He was still antsy though and couldn't help thinking, I hope you're right... They probably wouldn't have to worry about many living trying to bother them, but Thorn was more worried about the infected and undead. Those usually didn't have the fear response to seeing a Gyarados that most living things did, and this was the one time he wished that something did. He is shaken from his depressing thoughts by Bell, who let out a big yawn from her position on his head. He didn't hear it so much as he felt her small body rock back with the force of the action. The poor kid must be exhausted... Everyone here is probably tired too...

Then the kid called out to him, "Look Mr. Thorn!" Her voice was full of awe. He glanced upwards as if trying to look at her, but he couldn't see if she was trying to point at something. She soon clarified what she was looking at,  "The stars are starting to come out!" He tilted his head slightly so that he could gaze at the sky more clearly. Though the sky was still closer to red then black, he could see glowing specks of light. Since there wasn't any artificial light to block out the stars, it was really easy to see them. A memory of stargazing and having constellations pointed out to him comes to mind.

He chuckled a little bit, "They're lovely, aren't they? When it gets a bit darker, then you'll be able to see a whole lot of them. Enough to even start seeing pictures if you look at them right."

Aqua commented, "Real good thing we didn't go forward with the plan today. Look at how fast it's getting dark. We'd be stumbling around like spindas." And since it was rather important that they knew where shit was, that would blow so many holes in their plan.

"Yeah, and after our encounters with those things, we probably needed the rest anyway," he mused aloud. Most of them had injuries of some sort, and a rest would do them lots of favors.

The Floatzel then swam up slowly to quietly breach the water to take in some breaths, and then asked as she glanced around, "Any idea of what's suppose to be around here?"  He'd join her above the water, but he didn't have the luxury of being able to surface unnoticed, and he didn't know what Bell wanted to do. For now he settled for looking at the bottom of the estuary to see if there was anywhere he could rest and not stick out too much if something came by while he was sleeping.
avatar
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Age : 22
Posts : 1763

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Dandelion on Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:47 pm


Route 11 Edge | Evening
Saferi - Thirty || Bell - Fifty-one


Perhaps its just because she hardly comes to this stretch of water that the silence is unnerving. Anywhere else the quiet would of been welcomed if not expected. "It could have been empty for a while...something got hungry and left. We're probably alone." The muscles around the base of her neck tense up and give what can only be the equivalent of a shrug. "Even if we're not Im not too worried about anything out here." Content with her own strength the Saferi keeps swimming with an utter calm about her. I dare something to try and fuck with me. She was not in a mercy showing mood. "Whatever was here before seems to of passed. Any other Pokemon in the area probably fled to their dens."


The Poliwag stared at the pale sparkles with wide eyes. They reminded her so much of home, a lot of things had done that today, with how faint they were right now. The only times they were ever super bright at home was really late at night, and by then she was long since asleep. "They're lovely, aren't they? When it gets a bit darker, then you'll be able to see a whole lot of them. Enough to even start seeing pictures if you look at them right." "Pictures? In the sky?" She asks, not sure what the Gyarados means. Most the time she could barely see the stars. How could there be pictures in them? Did each star make funny shapes when they shined their brightest? What a sight that would be! Bell can not wait to see the pictures but another yawn escapes her maw and fogs over her thoughts.

"Real good thing we didn't go forward with the plan today. Look at how fast it's getting dark. We'd be stumbling around like spindas." The red color to the sky was almost spooky, like vast seas of blood above her. Had it not been an everyday occurrence that she had witnessed since childhood it could of easily been a terrifying sight, especially in this age. Regardless, it would soon be really dark and the Poliwag was grateful that they made it to their rest place safe and sound before then. And I got my friends with me too. That was the most important part. "Yeah, and after our encounters with those things, we probably needed the rest anyway," Rest.. As tired as she was Bell wanted to see the stars! She wanted to know what these pictures were like! Yet as her eyelids flutter she can already feel the urge to get a little sleep creeping up on her. "But I dont wanna sleep yet," She whines softly, still looking at the sky. "I want to see the star pictures."


 "Any idea of what's suppose to be around here?" The eel veers sideways and dives deep into the water. The depth was admirable, gutted long ago when the river was forming to create this mixed pool of fresh and salt water. That question didn't really seem aimed at her, and Saferi was not sure if her response could even be heard by the above water ears, but she answered anyway, "Nothing really. Its the edge of a route so its just unadulterated nature." The extent of human shit out here would be dirt paths and signs, nothing relevant to her water-bound world. As she approaches the bottom the eel grits her fangs. Their shits probably in here though. Damn humans had no respect and even after years the Huntail bet herself she could find their remnants down here. The netting stuck to her tail catches the water funny and tugs as she swims.

Her sweep was not empty. While it took longer then the Huntail had expected she did find something; a canister of sorts, sealed and watertight. Grabbing in in her jaws Saferi surfaced, and spat it out onto the soar near the others. "No Pokemon, but fucking human trash." She hisses before diving once more.
avatar
NyraXerz
Primary Artist
Primary Artist

Age : 25
Posts : 701

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by NyraXerz on Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:56 pm



|Vermilion City Harbor|Evening|37|


Aqua spins her body slowly around to scan the shores in the coming twilight. Nothing moves, but despite that she can't help but feel off-put by the dark red sky. It was like it was bleeding along with them, or warning them, or--nonsense. She scolds herself mentally. Ain't nothing of the sort. The sky has been red before...even before all this. Below her, she can hear Saferi responding to her earlier question, though the words are muffled by the distance and gentle waves separating them.

Squinting her eyes against the coming darkness further, nothing distinguishing appears on the shores. Suddenly, the water nearby erupts, spitting out a metal canister like a beast spitting out a bone in its kill. The floatzel stiffens, until the familiar voice of Saferi puts the action into context. "No Pokemon, but fucking human trash." Releasing a pent-up breath, Aqua slowly relaxes and inhales deeply before slipping before the surf once more. "You know, they say 'Red sky at night, sailor's delight.' If that's true, the water should be nice and calm tomorrow." She says with a grin, hoping the small hopeful sentiment to be reassuring.

Sinking slowly to the, surprising deep, river bed Aqua shifts to land in a sitting position. "Should we keep someone on watch?" Interrupted by a yawn, the sea weasel pauses to press one paw against her mouth to muffle it to no avail. "We can take turns throughout the night."


_________________



"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
Larka's Art Shop
Sketchbook
avatar
Maximum
Elite
Elite

Age : 24
Posts : 417

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Maximum on Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:16 am

Vermilion City Harbor/Evening[18]

"But I dont wanna sleep yet," Bell quietly whined. "I want to see the star pictures." She sounded like the edges of sleep were grabbing her, and given the huge yawn earlier, he figured that she was probably going to check out soon.

"Don't worry, Bell," Thorn tried to placate the young Pokemon. "I promise that if you can't stay awake tonight, I'll try to show you tomorrow." It was a promise he fully intended to keep, though the thought of the promise somehow being broken hits him. Unfortunately, with the plan tomorrow, it was entirely possible that either of them might not make it to another night. There were so many things that could go wrong, because things loved to go wrong. His large form sunk down to the bottom of the estuary, and he missed what Huntail said in response to Aqua's question.

His thoughts were violently derailed when Saferi found a metal human thing and spat it out the water. He could hear the venom in her voice, "No Pokemon, but fucking human trash." While the news about no Pokemon was welcome, he had to wonder what made her so mad. Was it something related to humans specifically?  He could admit that some humans were utter jackasses, but there were some that were just the opposite. Being in a lake full of Magikarp and the occasional Gyarados really let him see some of both.

Aqua soon floated down from her position in the surface of the water. She had a smile as she commented on the bright red sky, "You know, they say 'Red sky at night, sailor's delight.' If that's true, the water should be nice and calm tomorrow."   If that was true, then that was definitely in their favor.

The water weasel's off hand comment did more to help reassure the Gyarados then she knew, and he gave her a genuine smile. "Here's hoping."

He arranged his body into another coil for a resting position, when she finally hit the floor and took a seating position. Then she asked, "Should we keep someone on watch?" After hiding a yawn behind a paw, she added, "We can take turns throughout the night."

"Might be a good idea." Thorn mused. If Aqua was already this tired, she should probably get some rest. He wasn't sure about Saferi's tiredness, or if she would even volunteer to watch. He offered, "I'm not too tired yet if you want me to take first watch."
avatar
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Age : 22
Posts : 1763

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Dandelion on Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:46 pm


Route 11 Edge | Evening
Saferi - Thirty-one || Bell - Fifty-two


"Don't worry, Bell. I promise that if you can't stay awake tonight, I'll try to show you tomorrow." A massive pout appears on the childs round face. She didn't want to wait until tomorrow. That was like a whole day away when she could just see them now! Sinking a bit lower against Thorn's chest Bell can't even find the will to leave her perk and check out the new area. Since the Gyarados had stopped moving the Poliwag shifted her tail free from his crest and wrapped it gently around her feet. Hopefully the star pictures showed up soon..

The Huntail growls to herself as she checks the plantlife in the area. Goddamn humans. Most of their waste would of washed out to sea at this point if it was not wedges tight in something. To check all those kinds of places in a rest area she hardly went to would be no more then a waste of her energy. Just taint all the waters why don't you, you fucking worthless ass pricks. How long had it been since she had last seen a human? Not fucking long enough. Man ran like the cowards they were at the hands of the disease. They were ether all dead or hiding in their piss dens waiting for the fucking Pokemon to do the work for them, like fucking usual. I hope they suffered. She can only hope, though she never did so. Snaking her way around the serpent heads back toward the others, barely managing to catch, "You know, they say 'Red sky at night, sailor's delight.' If that's true, the water should be nice and calm tomorrow." as she pulls herself away from her hate-filled thoughts.

"Here's hoping." Grinding her fangs together the eel suppresses a sigh. 'Hope' was something she could stomach. She had just thought the word herself and it left a vile taste in the back of her throat. It was no more then a useless feeling to keep the weak alive for others to use. "Too bad our ship's already sunk." She half jokes, finding a shadowed area a respectable distance from the others to settle upon. Any sort of 'hope boat' the world had had long since gone under and the disease wasn't even to blame for it.

"Should we keep someone on watch?" Disgust shudders through Saferi's long body. Keeping watch.. Is that what weak things did at night? They wouldn't just be alert in their sleep? To survive one had to always be vigil and keep watch of their surroundings, not just at night. When one is alone that either meant they never slept, they slept light, or they were strong enough that nothing dared mess with them. "We can take turns throughout the night." She was a light sleepier, a near insomniac even, and staying up would do little more then make her crabbier then usual. "Do you honestly think something will bother us." She groans not as a question but a fact. "Might be a good idea." "To each their own." While she still didn't respect the other opinions she has no reason to argue about it.

The Phione never went this far but it seemed anything threatening in the general area had peaced out. "I'm not too tired yet if you want me to take first watch." If anything the least threatening member should take the first since it was still clear and they would be the easiest target. Right on queue the child chirps, "Oh, when it is my turn!" Which receives a half-snort, half-chortle from the eel. Stupid thing probably couldn't even stay awake if they gave her the chance. Other then her involuntary sound Saferi gives the youth no other response, instead responding to the adult figures, "I'll take whenever. Whatever the worst shift is. Being awake never really bothered me."

Bell wiggles slightly, wanting to move from her position but was too comfortable to actually do so. "I wanna help though." She moans. Helping might even keep her awake and entertained until she could see the shiny stars! Yet as another yawn shudders her entire blue form the Poliwag begins to doubt she will get the chance to see them properly.
avatar
NyraXerz
Primary Artist
Primary Artist

Age : 25
Posts : 701

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by NyraXerz on Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:18 pm



|Route 11 Edge|Evening|38|


"Do you honestly think something will bother us."
"Might be a good idea."

Aqua nods. "Just in case." She says simply, not having the energy to get into a fuller explanation to ease the eel's misgivings. Thankfully though, the rest of the group voices their approval. "Oh, when it is my turn!" She chuckles once again at the child's enthusiasm. Turning to smile at Bell, she notes that the little one would be lucky enough to make it until the constellations were visible--much less stay awake through a shift. Each yawn the poliwag gives shutters her entire being as further proof to the point.

"I'm not too tired yet if you want me to take first watch." Thorn offers, much to the floatzel's relief. She would have offered as well if no one else did, but by Arceus, she was tired. "I wanna help though." Bell moans as Aqua starts to respond to Thorn. "Well, why don't you and Mr. Thorn take it together? You wanted to stay awake to look at the stars anyway, right?" The sea weasel stretches out her limps, making herself more comfortable. "Then when you're finished, wake up Ms. Saferi or I and we'll take a watch. Sound good?"


_________________



"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
Larka's Art Shop
Sketchbook
avatar
Maximum
Elite
Elite

Age : 24
Posts : 417

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Maximum on Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:36 am

Vermilion City Harbor/Evening[19]

Saferi didn't seem enthused at the idea of keeping watch, and though Thorn knew better than to ask why, he couldn't help but wonder.  Being alone for so long meant that he did have to get used to sleeping lightly, but it would ease his nervousness to know that someone else was there and would wake him if something happened. Was Saferi that confident in herself? That she would be able to fight off something that sprung on her in the dead of night?  Aqua shared his sentiments of better safe than sorry, but she didn't try arguing with the Huntail. Thorn didn't blame her, either. Saferi gave him the impression of being the type of Pokemon that could easily get pissed off, and adding exhaustion to the equation wasn't going to help.

Bell also volunteered her assistance, "Oh, when it is my turn!" He didn't think leaving the kid alone for a watch would be a good idea, but she did want to see the stars. Maybe he could offer to take a shift with her?

Before he could make the suggestion, Saferi offered, "I'll take whenever. Whatever the worst shift is. Being awake never really bothered me." He wasn't really sure when the worst shift would be, but maybe the middle shift? That would be the darkest time of the night...

Bell nearly moaned, "I wanna help though," and Thorn could feel her small body rocked again by a yawn. Poor kid was losing her fight with sleepiness quickly. He wasn't sure if she would even make it to sundown proper at this rate.

Finally, Aqua suggested what he had been thinking earlier, "Well, why don't you and Mr. Thorn take it together? You wanted to stay awake to look at the stars anyway, right?"

"Yeah, you can help me keep an eye out, and I can try and tell you more about the star pictures," he added.

"Then when you're finished, wake up Ms. Saferi or I and we'll take a watch. Sound good?" Saferi finished.

"Sounds like a plan to me. You okay with that, Bell?" He asked the smaller pokemon.

((OOC:Sorry for the short post, I hit a wall writing this, and I'm really tired.))
avatar
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Age : 22
Posts : 1763

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Dandelion on Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:36 pm


Route 11 Edge | Evening
Saferi - Thirty-two || Bell - Fifty-three


Bell's eyes drifted to the stars above and wished desperately that they would hurry up and shine. "Well, why don't you and Mr. Thorn take it together? You wanted to stay awake to look at the stars anyway, right?" Her tail swishes with approval but she does not take her eyes off of the sky. "Yeah! Then we can see the stars and make sure nothing sneaks up on us!" While there is a bit more energy to her voice Bell doesn't feel anymore awake. I really hope the pictures hurry up. Her face twists but the bright dots show no signs of changing. "Yeah, you can help me keep an eye out, and I can try and tell you more about the star pictures," Yes, that would be the absolute best! While she does not like it Bell concludes that the pictures weren't going to come out right then and that she wouldn't miss them if she peeled her gaze away.

Blinking hard as she looks toward Aqua the youth notices that the water had gotten a lot darker though not much time had passed. Soon it would be really dark and hard to see. Woah. Her parents would of long since issued her off to bed by now. "Then when you're finished, wake up Ms. Saferi or I and we'll take a watch. Sound good?" Smiling at the Floatzel, she nods while Thorn replies, "Sounds like a plan to me. You okay with that, Bell?" Giving a quick sweep of the shoreline the Poliwag see's nothing that would be deemed as unusual for such an area. She was gonna do a good job keeping watch! "Sounds good to me too!" Giving the weasel and the eel one last look she says, "Sleep well!"

Settling herself even more so upon Thorn, who was oddly very comfortable, Bell longing looks between the shore and the sky. If nothing happened soon she really would fall asleep. Then she would of failed in both seeing the stars and keeping watch! Taking in a deep breath she can not resist a groan but stifles it a little. "How long do you think it will be before we can see the conste.. conste-lotions, Mr. Thorn?"


The eel coils herself up a bit tighter wishing that she could be back in her den and away from these clowns. Open space like this had too much waterflow for her liking and the creeping feeling was awful for getting sleep. The burn along her side gives twinges of pain between the pressure of her coils, the flow of the water, and the exertion she had put upon it during the day. Hopefully we can just get this shit over with.. While she had no real desire to find would what was in the ship being able to rid it of those nuisances was worth this tribulation.

Letting her eyes fall to slits Saferi is very still. Sure, she was tired, but she wasn't exactly ready to sleep. If anything she just wanted to relax alone and not have to worry about socializing. Taking in several deep breaths she smells for anything strange in the water but if her memory served right it was the same taste as the last time she was here. When was that? She can not recall. It had to of been the last time there was a prey shortage in the kelp beds. Hmm.. Usually the prey moved with the seasons- Heavens, how long have I been here? Maybe it as best that she couldn't remember.


((Time skip this round or next?))
avatar
NyraXerz
Primary Artist
Primary Artist

Age : 25
Posts : 701

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by NyraXerz on Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:03 pm



|Route 11 Edge|Evening|39|


"Yeah! Then we can see the stars and make sure nothing sneaks up on us!" Aqua listens approvingly as Bell excitedly agrees to her and Thorn. She doubted the young child would last long on her 'shift', but hopefully Bell could make it until at least several constellations appeared. As the water darkens ever faster, the floatzel's mind begins to drift.

"Sleep well!" Aqua grins again, opening her eyes again, though not without a yawn, long enough to glance towards Bell and Thorn. "Goodnight!" Her eyes slowly shut once again as her exhaustion takes hold. She'd need all the sleep she could get for tomorrow...it certainly wasn't going to be a cake walk. Assuming we survive it at all. Aqua thinks darkly to herself, tipping her hat forward best she can in the gentle current to cover her eyes from the remaining light floating down.


((ooc: I am ready to time skip if you guys are.))


_________________



"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
Larka's Art Shop
Sketchbook
avatar
Maximum
Elite
Elite

Age : 24
Posts : 417

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Maximum on Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:23 pm

Route 11 Edge/Evening[20]

"Sounds good to me too!" Bell enthusiastically agreed with him, and Thorn couldn't help a fond smile forming on his face. She sounded like she had a bit more energy, but he still doubted her ability to stay awake for too long. Somehow seeing this youthful innocence gave the sea serpent hope, something he desperately needed. The young poliwag had so much optimism, and that further reinforced his desire to protect her. A Swinub, an Espeon, a Hitmonchan, and a Dragonair all flickered through his memories. He was never going to let happen to Bell what happened to the first two if he could help it, and the thought of something happening to the Poliwag worried him greatly. Especially given what was going to happen tomorrow... She then called out to Aqua, "Sleep well!"

The Floatzel responded "Goodnight!" as she tilted the hat over her eyes and settled down for the night. Thorn's magenta eyes lingered on the strange accessory. Wonder where she got that... She sounds like she used to be owned by a human too... The thought somehow soothed him. Perhaps it was because this was something that they both shared? It was probably because some of the first outsiders to see him and not run in the other direction were Pokemon owned by humans, and his trainer's Pokemon almost immediatley accepted him despite his species. Even after his "rage" they still cared about him and tried to thelp him.

Bell barely contained a groan, "How long do you think it will be before we can see the conste.. conste-lotions, Mr. Thorn?" He could feel the small tadpole get comfy on his head, and he knew that the kid wasn't up for much longer. As the sky darkened even more, he saw more stars come out, and thankfully, he could just make out a full constellation. He remembered this one, Oh... is that the fox? Didn't she sing a song about that one? Yeah...

"Hey Bell?" He called up to her, checking to see if she was still awake. "There's one over there," he twisted so that she could look directly at the sky."It's right above the tree line, see how some of them just look like they connect together?" He triest to point by uncoiling the end of his tail and indicating the direction.  "I think my trainer called it the Fox," he mused, "And she used to sing this song about it..." He certainly remembered how much Newton and Integra were fascinated by it. "I can't sing, but I can tell you the story behind it..." He offered.

He began, "Let's see... the story is about a bunch of humans trying to hunt or catch foxes. Why foxes? I don't know, but they're riding horses and have dogs accompanying them." "He took in a deep breath before continuing, Apparently they don't have any luck finding any though, because the person leading the chase got really upset. Said that they'd even chase the devil if that meant they could have a hunt. Right when he said it, a fox with black fur leapt out, and the chase was on. They couldn't catch the little creature though, and eventually the fox went across a river." Trying to use a more 'sinister' tone he embellished, Then the fox laughed and taunted the hunters, and then apparently changed into 'the devil himself.'" After a moment he conceded, "I... Don't know exactly what that is, but given that everyone runs away at the sight, it must have been something scary. Then the hunters became the hunted as the fox chased them back home."

When he finished the story, the sun had finished setting and the sky had changed to black. One could make out a lot of stars now that there was little light to hide them. It had been a long time since he had been able to enjoy them with friends, and there was a certain wistfullness to his features. After a moment however, he blinked a few times to focus. Even if there had been nothing earlier, nighttime often brought out more of those things, and being surprised by them could be fatal. He shifted his coils so that he was "standing" more erect, and he kept a sharp eye on the shore lines.

((OOC: I totally bs'ed the constellation and the story references the song Black Fox by Heather Dale. I'm good for a time skip too.))
avatar
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Age : 22
Posts : 1763

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Dandelion on Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:35 pm


Route 11 Edge | Evening
Saferi - Thirty-three || Bell - Fifty-four


Blinking to fight off sleep the Poliwag felt herself losing the fight. The stars were so pretty already, but she just wanted to see the pictures..! "Hey Bell?" Thorn's voice stirs her mind, and the child shifts, falling on her rump so her tail can wrap itself around her tiny legs like a blanket. "Mmm?" Is all she can muster as a response. "There's one over there. It's right above the tree line, see how some of them just look like they connect together?" The behemoth turns, helping to direct her to the part of the sky he was referring to. He pinpoints the spot even more so with his tail, allowing Bell's brown eyes follow along to the star-filled spot in the sky. "Kinda?" There were a lot in one spot but she was unsure what she as supposed to be seeing other then sparkles. "I think my trainer called it the Fox," A fox? The youth tries to think of all the foxes she had met and finds the list to be very short. Lots of Vulpix lived nearby her and trainers loved to catch those. She had met one Ninetales during her travels, and all the eeveelutions she had met were all kinda fox-y. Looking back at the shiny patch the child can almost see the shape of a vulpix in it, the puffy tails and pointed face. "I think I see it!" She gasps, practically seeing lines between the dots.

"And she used to sing this song about it..." With her mouth turning into an o' the Poliwag coo's, "A song~?" But finds the proposal quickly dismissed. "I can't sing, but I can tell you the story behind it..." With a small "Aww.." of disappointment followed by a, "Oh, okay." the babe settles into her spot, staring at the starry figure while she looks for others in the nights sky.  "Let's see... the story is about a bunch of humans trying to hunt or catch foxes. Why foxes? I don't know, but they're riding horses and have dogs accompanying them." Waiting for the Gyarados to pause, she comments, "Well that's not very nice to the fox." Apparently they don't have any luck finding any though, because the person leading the chase got really upset. Said that they'd even chase the devil if that meant they could have a hunt. Right when he said it, a fox with black fur leapt out, and the chase was on. They couldn't catch the little creature though, and eventually the fox went across a river." Other then a small gasp she doesn't dare to interrupt. "Then the fox laughed and taunted the hunters, and then apparently changed into 'the devil himself.'" "What! Did they catch him? What type is a devil?" She asks, wondering how it could transform without being a Ditto. "I... Don't know exactly what that is, but given that everyone runs away at the sight, it must have been something scary. Then the hunters became the hunted as the fox chased them back home."

With her eyes locked on the stars still the Poliwag stays quiet before responding, "Whatever it is Im glad the fox as able to get away." Her eyelids flutter, becoming much too heavy to hold open. "It didn't sound like he did anything wrong and the humans were being mean to him." The sky had grown dark and the stars so much brighter. The sight was breathtaking, so bright without the lights of the city or pollution to dampen them. With her voice falling to no more then a whisper Bell murmurs, "And its so pretty.. up in the sky.." Curling up tighter in her own tail she finally lets sleep wash over her.


Route 11 Edge | Early Morning


The eels body shudders and the membranes slide across her eyes as she blinks. The tip of her tail curls up and down, the netting catching the water and dragging the movement. .... She was used to laying still for long periods of time, and multiple factors keeping her up at night, but the glazed feeling to her eyes was all too familiar as she started to stir. Uncoiling in a corkscre manor and reviving her stiff body the eel swims closer to the center of the water as she starts to surface. Shifting her large jaw side to side as she swims her golden gaze lolls across the shoreline- nothing unusual had come during her watch other then two Rattata seeking a drink. They would of made perfect meals or bait had she been in the mood to kill.

Letting her eyes roll to each of the sleeping forms Saferi takes a quick head count even though she knew it had not changed from the start of her watch. Everyone is present. And alive. Another night without death oh joy. Tasting the water for anything unusual it is still void of prey fish, though she can understand it now as several large, unusual predators were lurking. With a slight yawn Saferi loudly clears her throat and wastes no time waking the others with a voice too booming for the early hours. "Its morning." She grumbles, 'stretching' as she spoke, "I'd say it's time we get this show on the road?" She waits a moment before continuing, unsure how long it usually takes Pokemon she wouldnt feed upon to rouse. "Are we getting the feed or is there other business anyone need to tend to first?"



((Im going to say that the "worst" shift was the last one for ease.))
avatar
NyraXerz
Primary Artist
Primary Artist

Age : 25
Posts : 701

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by NyraXerz on Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:48 pm



|Route 11 Edge|Early Morning|40|


"Its morning."

The eel's voice cuts straight through Aqua's dream, jarring her back to reality. Blinking her eyes open, she reaches a paw under her hat to rub the haze of sleep from her eyes. Against the protests of her stinging eye, she opens them to the world around them. Soft light filters in from the rising sun above, illuminating the world around them. She quickly identifies the coiling shape of Saferi snaking towards the surface.

"I'd say it's time we get this show on the road?"

Unfortunately she was right, there wasn't any time left to sleep in. Forcing her stiff limbs to move, Aqua arches her back, stretches her arms and legs before shifting to kick off the sandy floor. Twisting her tails, she builds enough momentum to float her to the surface. The even brighter light forces the floatzel to squint against the sun as she breaths in the fresh morning air. It was almost peaceful...the rising sun, quiet waters...shaking her head free of the thought and loose droplets, she dives back below to join the others. No time to get sentimental before they've even started.

"Are we getting the feed or is there other business anyone need to tend to first?"

"What should we do with the little one?" The words tumble from her mouth. Worried Bell might have heard, Aqua glances over her shoulder to the poliwag's sleeping form. Turning back to Saferi, she continues in a quieter tone. "She can't be a part of this...she couldn't handle hunting nor running. But I don't know if we can just leave her alone either."


_________________



"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
Larka's Art Shop
Sketchbook
avatar
Maximum
Elite
Elite

Age : 24
Posts : 417

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Maximum on Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:57 pm

Route 11 Edge/Early Morning [21]

Screaming. Why was she screaming? Run? What, no! No matter how bad things got, he wasn't going to abandon her. As he materialized outside of his ball, he suddenly saw why his trainer was screaming. Humans, with guns pointed at him and the others. He slammed his tail into the ground, and this made everyone on the ground lose their balance. The men holding her let go as they fell, and she crawled away while telling him to run. Melody dived to pluck Steve off the ground, and he climbed onto her back as they flew off. There were gunshots still going off, and Thorn roared as he swung his tail at the attackers. Integra swooped to grab Omar, and she also took to the skies. The humans wouldn't stop shooting at them, and he soon saw one turn towards her. He couldn't let that happen. He lunged at the human and slammed his head into them. So much screaming, and now just not from her anymore....

A voice cuts into his mind, "Its morning." Huh? Majenta eyes open sluggishly. He was coiled on a riverbed, and the morning was rather quiet except for Saferi's voice, "I'd say it's time we get this show on the road?" He wasn't back near the Falls, he was in an estuary in Kanto. He inhaled deeply to help clear his thoughts of the old nightmare, as the Huntail inquired, "Are we getting the feed or is there other business anyone need to tend to first?"

"I don't have anything I have to do," Thorn responded as he slowly uncoiled. He then remembered where Bell had fallen asleep, so he changed his movements so that he wasn't moving his head so much. He brought his tail up to eye level so that he could inspect the wrapped wound, and found it didn't seem to hurt nearly as much and he couldn't smell any blood leaking from the kelp wrappings.  He thought about removing them, but he figured that it might be better to leave them for now.

Aqua brought up a really good point, "What should we do with the little one? She can't be a part of this...she couldn't handle hunting nor running. But I don't know if we can just leave her alone either." He agreed. Bell was way too small and young to be participating in this nonsense, but leaving her by herself could be disasterous. He didn't have any good answers to this dilema, however, and he shifted uncomfortably.

"Uh... She could stick with me until we get the plan going, though I'm not sure if she should stay when I go to collapse the cave." He offered. It wasn't a foolproof idea, but it was all he had. If Saferi knew of a place where Bell could stay and would be safe, he'd go with that, but he also worried about the Poliwag actually staying put. She was a child and it wouldn't surprise him if she wandered off out of boredom.
avatar
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Age : 22
Posts : 1763

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Dandelion on Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:56 pm


Route 11 Edge | Early Morning
Saferi - Thirty-four || Bell - Fifty-five


Saferi's eyes blink very slowly before giving a displeased roll. She was cold blooded and still got going faster then these low-lives! The nerve of some Pokemon.. making their elders wait. The tip of her tail flicked and curled with agitation and the muscle movements even that far down her body brought the burn along her midriff pain. The sooner this is over... the better. That was all she wanted yet it didn't seem like that would happen any time soon. Why not though? The world was a better place without them, even these Pokemon agreed with that.
The behemoth groaned, clearly having just woken up, "I don't have anything I have to do," With that the eel realizes something; she had asked about the others needs amongst her own. The fuck? Legends, was she going soft, caring about others?? Never!

"What should we do with the little one? She can't be a part of this...she couldn't handle hunting nor running. But I don't know if we can just leave her alone either." Aqua voices with concern. "A little battle could be good for her." The eel shrugs, "Hell, probably needs it." While she stops herself short the thought continues in Saferi's mind. -If she wants to fucking grow up. It was probably best those words were kept to herself, no matter how true they were. "Uh... She could stick with me until we get the plan going, though I'm not sure if she should stay when I go to collapse the cave." If they were really worried about the brat's safety then that would only work until the collapse. Earthquakes were no joke on such tiny creatures, type effective or not. "What about the land, or the town?" She suggested, knowing the shores would at least be safe from the Phione. "Or the cave we had been in before." Fucking children always getting in the way.


Bell shuddered where she lay. Bubbly voices dotted the edge of her dream, pulling the pretty pictures away and bringing her consciousness back. The stars.. She thought, as though falling asleep hadn't stopped the previous nights adventure. Are so pretty. Curling around she can feel the cold water flowing around her. This wasn't home; the current was too strong, the water tasted too bland. Forcing her brown eyes open to see what was going on the child looks groggy-eyed at the world before her. The shoreline looked completely different in dull yellow-blue light compared to darkness. All the plants and trees seemed so much thicker and green when she could actually see them. This is.. the rest place. Gently curling the tip of her tail back Bell gently rubs her eyes clean of sleep. "Mmmm..." She groans involuntarily before giving a mighty yawn, a bubble floating from her mouth up to the surface.

Rolling first to her side then to her belly Bell pushes herself onto her stubby feet, letting her tail unwind from her body and float behind her like normal. Her locket bobs, disturbed by the flow, before sinking down to its usual position once more. Giving her entire body a good stretch, along with a half groan, half yawn, the Poliwag falls back onto her rump once more. Only then did she remember where, or who, exactly she was sitting on. Oh!  "Good morning!" She squeaks, and feels herself truly wake up after speaking. And, as all sleepiness seeped away, it was replaced with a new and more prominent feeling she could not ignore. Without another thought she exclaims, "Im hungry!"
avatar
NyraXerz
Primary Artist
Primary Artist

Age : 25
Posts : 701

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by NyraXerz on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:00 am



|Route 11 Edge|Early Morning|41|


Aqua turns slightly as Thorn wakes and uncoils to join their conversation and tips her hat in a quick greeting. "Uh... She could stick with me until we get the plan going, though I'm not sure if she should stay when I go to collapse the cave." She bites her lip as Thorn mentions his suggestion. Bell coming with herself was out of the question...that involved out swimming a swarm and handling the bloody bait. Everything they want the poliwag to avoid. "What about the land, or the town?" Could they really leave the child alone...? The alternatives only add an increasingly sour taste to her mouth. One side effect of the apocalypse--terrible childcare options. "Or the cave we had been in before."

"There's no guarantee that the land there is safer than the waters here. We'd take a gamble sending her there." The sea weasel brings up one paw to cup her chin in thought as she continues thinking out loud. "Though being at ground zero of the earthquake is dangerous no matter how you cut it. If we are sure the cave we were in before won't crumble shut I vote we go with taking Ms. Bell there." The floatzel almost cuts off early as she hears a voice ring out from behind. "I'm hungry!"

"Oh--mornin' Ms. Bell!" Sparing glances to her older companions she turns to address Bell again. Thankfully, it didn't seem like she had heard any of their conversation from before...what would Bell say though once they told her she would be made to wait somewhere? As long as they could convince her to stay put at whatever place they decide is the safest, Aqua could live with the rest."Give us just one more minute, okay hun?"


_________________



"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
Larka's Art Shop
Sketchbook
avatar
Maximum
Elite
Elite

Age : 24
Posts : 417

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Maximum on Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:53 am

Route 11 Edge/Early Morning [22]

Saferi seemed peeved that they were talking about this at all, but she still offered suggestions. "What about the land, or the town? Or the cave we had been in before." The town was pretty big from what Thorn could see, so he was leery of that idea. Land was also worrying since she could very easily just wander off. This was going to be a problem...

"There's no guarantee that the land there is safer than the waters here. We'd take a gamble sending her there," Aqua also had the same misgivings ah he did. The Floatzel continued her thoughts as she brought her paws up to her face,"Though being at ground zero of the earthquake is dangerous no matter how you cut it. If we are sure the cave we were in before won't crumble shut I vote we go with taking Ms. Bell there." That... seemed like a pretty good idea. Though that also counted on Bell staying put.

Thorn agreed, "The cave sounds like our best bet, I think." He figured that they could find something to make her stay there while they dealt with the Phione. The easiest thing he could think to use was the promise of exploring the ship afterwards. He caught his thinking there and hoped he wasn't jinxing them by assuming that everything was going to work out as planned.

Soon, he could feel Bell rolling around, and he had a feeling she was going to wake soon. He wasn't disapointed when he soon heard a happy, "Good morning!" This was immediately followed by her declaring, "Im hungry!" Oh yeah... food.

The young Pokemon's enthusiasm lifted his spirits considerably. Thorn smiled as greeted the small Poliwag, "Good morning, sleepy! Have a nice night?"

However, Bell's outburst startled Aqua, and she responded hastily,"Oh--mornin' Ms. Bell! Give us just one more minute, okay hun?"
avatar
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Age : 22
Posts : 1763

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Dandelion on Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:25 pm


Route 11 Edge | Early Morning
Saferi - Thirty-five || Bell - Fifty-six


The eel's face grows sour, her tail tip flicking back and forth irritably. They had barely been up two minutes and already the children was proving to be a hindering vexation. "There's no guarantee that the land there is safer than the waters here. We'd take a gamble sending her there," Aqua responded with exactly what she didnt want to hear. Were they going to have to get a babysitter or something, and all the shit that went along with that? Where the hell would we even find someone to do that.. More then likely if they dropped her off with another Pokemon she would be eaten by the time they got back.
"Though being at ground zero of the earthquake is dangerous no matter how you cut it. If we are sure the cave we were in before won't crumble shut I vote we go with taking Ms. Bell there." Saferi gave a small grunt, "Its too far away, and made of solid stone. Even an Earthquake from Kyogre himself wouldn't break those caverns down." The last thing she needed were doubts of the caverns safety. "The caves sound like our best bet, I'd say." Better yet, if the brat got lost in them then she would finally be out of their fins. Excellent.

Bell gives one heavy hop, her entire body feeling like a blobby algae ball. Waters like these were just no good for sleeping in. Sure, she slept really good but her body never felt right after she woke up. Kinda like someone had been sitting on her a while and all her blood had stopped moving! "Good morning, sleepy! Have a nice night?" The Gyarados chimes, his voice most welcomed. She nods, even if he can not see, "Super nice, thank you!" Cupping the tip of her tail Bell rubs her eyes again, Ms. Aqua's voice blurring, "Oh--mornin' Ms. Bell! "Good morning!" She beams again, the sleepy feelings fading away as her vision comes to.
"Give us just one more minute, okay hun?" The Poliwag can not hasten her frown as her tail returns to its normal position. Oh.. That was a thing her parents used to say when they were busy or having private time of some sort. Had, had she interrupted something? How would I know, I just woke up-- Why didnt anyone wake me? Her cheeriness fades, "Alright," She murmurs, unsure if she was just supposed to be quiet or go off on her on for a little bit. Mama always told her to go play until she was finished. But these Pokemon weren't Mama.

Clearing her throat again the Huntail ignored the pest, repeating, "The caves will be safe from the Earthquake, so will the coral trench. She can even pick!" The sooner they got her dealt with, the better. Saferi returns to her point, trying to nail it into the others that she had no other obligations to them, "But we still gotta deal with our bait ball situation, and these waters are empty right now." Plus, they had forgotten about something.."Hell, that dead fella might not be there anymore." Blinking her golden eyes a hollow feeling seeps from her belly. Gods she needed a good meal that didnt make her feel sick.. Hmm.. Maybe she could use that to her advantage. "We could get food for the kid at the same time." She shifts her gaze to the Floatzel, "You got legs, you could even take her with you to berries or whatever. Plus you could check if anythings out on the land."
avatar
NyraXerz
Primary Artist
Primary Artist

Age : 25
Posts : 701

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by NyraXerz on Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:49 am



|Route 11 Edge|Early Morning|42|


"You got legs, you could even take her with you to berries or whatever. Plus you could check if anythings out on the land." Aqua nods. "I reckon its as good as a plan as any. You two find what ya need to. Ms. Bell and I will forage around on the surface to see if there's anything useful." She says, relaxing slightly as their plan seems to be coming together. Bell was be safe and they might be able to get rid of these demons...it could work, couldn't it? Pushing those thoughts aside, the floatzel starts towards the poliwag, not wanting to keep her waiting. "Okay Bell!" Giving a gentle twist to her tails, Aqua floats towards the child with a smile firmly in place.

"Ready to get the day started? There's probably a whooole mess of things on the surface here, don't you think? Since you and I are the only ones here with legs-" Turning belly-up in the water, the floatzel wiggles her toes for emphasis, grinning more widely."Our job is to check it out a bit." Quickly righting herself in the water once again, she floats again closer to the others. "Let's meet back at the cave later then?" It would make it easier to when it comes time to part. She thinks to herself, but doesn't vocalize least Bell hears.


_________________



"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
Larka's Art Shop
Sketchbook
avatar
Maximum
Elite
Elite

Age : 24
Posts : 417

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Maximum on Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:58 pm

Route 11 Edge/Early Morning [23]

The tadpole pokemon jumped on top of his head, and he was wondering what in the world she was doing up there. Then Bell chirped,"Super nice, thank you!" in response to his greeting, and the smile on his face lingered. He was slightly saddened when heard the disappointment in her voice in response to Aqua's request. Alright,"

"The caves will be safe from the Earthquake, so will the coral trench. She can even pick!" Saferi had a good point with both of them, but the idea of having to leave Bel behind still made him feel leery. He sighed. There was no real easy way to do this other than to make sure she didn't get caught in the crossfire. Not so subtly, Saferi changed subjects to the plan for the day, "But we still gotta deal with our bait ball situation, and these waters are empty right now. Hell, that dead fella might not be there anymore." That wouldn't be good at all.... that already dead body would make their lives easier. After a second's pause, Saferi mused aloud, "We could get food for the kid at the same time." Then the Huntail's golden eyes drifted towards Aqua, "You got legs, you could even take her with you to berries or whatever. Plus you could check if anythings out on the land." Splitting the group... Weren't they trying to avoid that last night? Then again, Bell really needed food, and it was more likely that she would find something on land.

Aqua agreed with Saferi, "I reckon its as good as a plan as any. You two find what ya need to. Ms. Bell and I will forage around on the surface to see if there's anything useful." She then called over to the Poliwag, "Okay Bell!"  She continues in a near playful tone that Thorn hoped would perk Bell up. "Ready to get the day started? There's probably a whooole mess of things on the surface here, don't you think? Since you and I are the only ones here with legs-" Aqua rolled over and wiggled her toes in an amusing fashion that even got a little chuckle from Thorn.  She continued, "Our job is to check it out a bit." After righting herself int he water, she suggested, "Let's meet back at the cave later then?" Yeah, the cave seemed like a better idea in his opinion than the reef, and it would probably be easier to make Bell stay if they parted there.

Thorn nodded, "Sounds like a plan Aqua." He glanced upwards even though he knew he wouldn't be able to see Bell, and said, "You and Miss Aqua are going to have a little adventure on the surface, alright? I hope you have a fun time!"  His cheery attitude was hiding that he was really nervous now that it hit him that she was going to be a fair distance away from him. Bad things almost always happened to kids when he left them for a little while... He then asked Saferi, "You want me to see if our dead friend is still where we left him? Or do you want to do that?"
avatar
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Age : 22
Posts : 1763

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Dandelion on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:26 pm


Route 11 Edge | Early Morning
Saferi - Thirty-six || Bell - Fifty-seven


"I reckon its as good as a plan as any. You two find what ya need to. Ms. Bell and I will forage around on the surface to see if there's anything useful." Saferi gave a slight, dark grin, pleased to have the two of them out of her scales for at least a hour, while Bell waved her tail side to side. "I get to go with Aqua!" She squealed, jumping up and floating slightly off of Thorn. She was ready to go, she wanted to go, it was time to go! "Okay Bell Ready to get the day started? There's probably a whooole mess of things on the surface here, don't you think? Since you and I are the only ones here with legs-" Excited chuckles escaped her maw, the child touching down and tapping her toes against the Gyarados' head, acknowledging that she too had feet. "Haha, yeah!" It was never really something she had thought about but having feet was pretty cool! After all, neither Thorn or Saferi had any.

"Our job is to check it out a bit." She could do that! Even though she had been traveling while trying to get back home there was still she much she had yet to see. In fact, she had hardly seen much anything outside her home. And this place, she hadn't been in grass or natural like this before! "I cant wait!" Bell smiled, ready to find cool stuff along with something to eat. "Let's meet back at the cave later then?" Giving a small nod Bell hears Thorn and can tell he is talking to her, "You and Miss Aqua are going to have a little adventure on the surface, alright? I hope you have a fun time!" With a small, "Mhmm!" the Poliwag nuzzles her cheek against the massive serpents scales. "We'll bring back all sorts of things, promise!"

Gently kicking off from his red scales the youth swims toward the shoreline, looking back at Thorn one time before speeding off. "Let's go let's go!" She cheers to Aqua, breaking the surface and bumbling onto solid ground with nothing but excitement fueling her. She had only made it few steps before stopping, gazing with awe at the Route that she could now actually see since the sun was up. "Which way are we going first?" She asks, wanting nothing more then to tear off into the grass.


Saferi's grin was short lived, her regular steely expression returning. How long would this take? "You want me to see if our dead friend is still where we left him? Or do you want to do that?" One brow furrowed. Oh? Would the Gyarados utterly hate the task, or was the feeling neutral? "Well, even if its there its not like either of us can really move it." She answers curtly. They couldn't grab it safely and didn't tie it up the day before.

The eels jaw slowly comes to a close. She.. was not in a chatty mood. In fact, she had spoken more in the last day then she had in several months. Why must he have to communicate.. With a guttural grunt she looks past the Gyarados and further down the river. "We could hunt here.. " She starts, not even caring to finish her thought aloud. In all honesty she could hunt all the prey that they needed. Whatever Thorn did, well, she just didn't care as long as he didn't vanish.


((Ive been in a lot of pain today and the medication is making my head feel funny wonky so sorry if this is.. incoherent.))
avatar
NyraXerz
Primary Artist
Primary Artist

Age : 25
Posts : 701

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by NyraXerz on Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:06 pm



|Route 11 Edge|Early Morning|43|


"Sounds like a plan Aqua."

Aqua nods before taking off after Bell. Finding that the child has already made it to shore, the floatzel activates an agility to catch up. Her fur shimmering lightly as the move takes effect and propels her through the water. She tries to call out to the other, but her words only escape her mouth as bubbles until she's able to break the surface. "Wait for me!" Sliding onto the short, sandy shore, she pulls herself up from her stomach in one practiced movement to pursue the child by foot.

Thankfully, she finds the poliwag stopped right on the shore, staring wide-eyed at the illuminated world around them. At least immediately on the shore, there is no gashing wounds on the land from the end of the world. The sun shines and reflects off the water behind them, lush green foliage glistens as well in the morning sunlight. "Which way are we going first?"

So caught up in the relative calm of the scene before them, Aqua doesn't respond immediately. Shaking her fur lightly, she returns focus to the task at hand and grins down at the poliwag. "Well Miss Bell, I think I see a little path or the like not far through the trees. We can start there--but make sure you stay close!" The floatzel says, ending her sentence with a bit of a huff. "Getting lost would make it hard to get back to the water--like finding a needle in a haystack. And that might mean missing exploring the sunken ship later if we get separated. So stay within sight, alright hun?"

Walking until she stands between Bell and the path ahead, Aqua kneels down to be closer to level with the younger pokemon. Her own eyes searching to make sure Bell understands before pushing herself back up onto her own feet to trot towards the path. "Now keep a real good look out Miss Bell, we don't know what we'll find here."


_________________



"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
Larka's Art Shop
Sketchbook
avatar
Maximum
Elite
Elite

Age : 24
Posts : 417

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Maximum on Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:29 pm

Route 11 Edge/Early Morning [24]

He felt the tiny Poliwag nuzzlng his scales, and his smile softened at the contact. She was a good kid. "We'll bring back all sorts of things, promise!" Bell cheerily promised. Then she jumped off of her perch and swam as quickly as she could towards the shoreline. In clear excitement she called out towards Aqua, "Let's go let's go!" Aqua took after her, but Bell had a clear lead. Thankfully the pair made it to land safely, and nothing came out to attack them as they stood on the shoreline.

He kept an eye on the pair until Saferi answered his question, "Well, even if its there its not like either of us can really move it." She had a point, but they needed to know if it was there sooner or later. The way the Huntail grunted and looked away, Thorn could tell she wasn't keen on talking. She still suggested, "We could hunt here.. " However, she really didn't offer much else, and he got the distinct impression that she would prefer to be alone. And if Thorn was going to be honest, he didn't particularly want to be alone around her either.

"I'll go over to check anyway, and I'll see what else I can find there," Thorn responded. "Besides, I stick out more here, and it might be harder for you to find food if I'm around." A giant red gyarados would probably make things run for cover long before either of them could actually catch anything.
avatar
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Age : 22
Posts : 1763

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Dandelion on Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:36 pm


Route 11 Edge | Early Morning
Saferi - Thirty-seven || Bell - Fifty-eight


Bell continued to bounce as Aqua moved in beside her. They were gonna find cool things, the best things and bring them back to show Thorn! She didn't even have arms but boy was she determined to bring back all she possibly could. Something shiny for him! Would that make him happy? "Well Miss Bell, I think I see a little path or the like not far through the trees. We can start there--but make sure you stay close!" Following the Floatzel's gaze Bell must stretch tall onto the tips of her toes to see where Aqua is looking. Still, even like that, the tall grass attempts to blot out any distant sights. If Ms. Aqua says its there then its there! Giving the Floatzel a nod the Poliwag bumbles forward with a high spring in her step. The path was jut on the otherside of this strech off grass, right? Adventure! After only a few feet her range of sight is severally shortened, her small stature a definite hindrance. Slowing, the child makes sure Aqua's voice is right beside her, the orange shape of her head still visible and moving toward her.

"Getting lost would make it hard to get back to the water--like finding a needle in a haystack. And that might mean missing exploring the sunken ship later if we get separated. So stay within sight, alright hun?" While Bell didn't know what a haystack was she knew for sure that she needed to explore that ship and didn't want to do anything that could prevent that. "Right right!" The tadpole squeaks, her voice going high as she attempts to carry it above the grass. The stems rattle, shaken as Aqua strides much further then she can. But the Floatzel's steps were gentle, and she stopped none too far off where Bell could still see and hear her. With her orange pelt clearly standing out Bell bumbled her way forward, somewhat mimicking the older Pokemon's motions by dropping onto her belly as Aqua crouched. The path! Ahead the grass thinned and she could see the old trodden path. It looked a bit.. neglected, but was still a clear pathway that had once been used by hundreds of different feet.

Scrambling back to her feet the Poliwag frowns at the feeling off the plants beneath her. It didn't really hurt or scratch her, but it was nothing like water or mud. Was everything out here so prickly? "Now keep a real good look out Miss Bell, we don't know what we'll find here." Ms. Aqua warned, making her way to the path. "Roger dodger!" The Poliwag agreed before realizing what she was saying. Though the last few feet of grass was thin some of the longer strands brushed against and tickled her face. Puffing out her cheek Bell blew air out between her lips, making a silly sound that help push the strands and feeling away. as she stepped onto the earthen path. Luckily, while overgrown, she was taller then the plants and debris here, and once more could see a fair ways off. Thrusting her tail straight up in the air she pushes forward with confident steps.

Again, her belly rumbles, reminding her what they were actually searching for. "Ms Aqua?" Bell asks, turning her big brown eyes to the Floatzel as they walked. "What do you think we will find out here?" Food, surely, but that couldn't be the only thing here. Looking around the Poliwag ponders the possibilities, her knowledge of this area being sparse at best. All she really had to go on was the watery places they had been in and the story Thorn had told. Uh. Were the scary humans out here, or maybe-- her voice fills with hesitation, "Do you think we will see a fox?"


"I'll go over to check anyway, and I'll see what else I can find there," "Have fun." The eel murmurs, turning with a high flick of her tail. That was less shit that she had to do. "Besides, I stick out more here, and it might be harder for you to find food if I'm around." She nods in agreement, but as she was already heading up river Saferi doubted Thorn could see. That's not really my problem buddo. Surely a giant creature like him knew how to feed himself despite his unfortunate color palette.

Propelling herself forward the Huntail settles herself into her hunting zen. She knew very well that these waters were not desolate. Something had caused the prey to move upriver or out to the ocean but it was still here. And, if she went up far enough, she would run into it eventually. Suddenly she realized, Maybe it would be better to hunt closer to the ship, with the idea of transport again coming to mind. No, fuck that. She was already here. Doubling back would just be a big waste of time and energy she did not have.

The river narrowed but remained deep as she headed in-route. Letting her massive jaw hang open Saferi tasted the waters, picking up the usual scents of rotting plants, stonewash, and scaly prey. Yet something odd trickled on top of it. The predator? Could it of headed inland as well? What ocean predator would drive itself so far inland for so long? A hunting trip like this would of ended long ago. Other then hunger she can think of nothing else but desperation or curiosity possibly driving it forward. Starving? Undead? Another Child? The waters around here were pretty rich, and the Phione were the only real local, resident undead threats. Whatever they caught didn't even have the chance to go undead. There would be no reason for it to be starving unless it was an undead itself and had the insatiable hunger..

Wounds then? She had found that rivers were usually less dangerous then the ocean.. predator wise and depending on location, that is. If something was out here trying to recover.. Looks like I found my catch. Hopefully that was the truth and it wasn't some undead.
avatar
NyraXerz
Primary Artist
Primary Artist

Age : 25
Posts : 701

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by NyraXerz on Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:05 am



|Route 11 Edge|Early Morning|44|


Aqua watches the poliwag move through the last several feet of tall grass. She hadn't considered it when they first began walking, but the grass was nearly as tall as Ms. Bell. Despite this, she notes, the child struts through it with determination and even makes a show of blowing away the last few that stand between her and the road. The action creating a silly noise and earning a giggle from Aqua. Seeming once again fully confident, she can't help but giggle more at Bell's proud stance.

Coming to stand beside her as they start down the path, the loud rumbling from her companion's stomach doesn't escape her notice. "Ms Aqua?" She hums lightly, looking down to look at Bell while trying to keep one eye on the road. "What do you think we will find out here?" What city were they near again...? "What do I think we'll find here?" She repeats, buying herself several seconds in the process to collect her thoughts. "I bet there'll be a lot of human things since we're followin' one of their roads."

Recalling a long past time, the floatzel thinks back to her time with her trainer. Every city was different, but each she could remember had a few common elements. They had always been the first place they would stop, standing out with bright red and blue roofs. "Humans usually keep all their goods and such in their dens. Keep a look out for any with a red or blue roof." It was a place to start if nothing else. However, she chooses not to share any of her doubts with Bell.

True to her word, it's not long before decaying human artifacts start coming into view. Rotten wooden posts begin to line the path on either side. Some are cracked or missing, though all show just how long the epidemic has been spreading. One post stands out among the rest, tall with a sharp, awkward arch to it, half a thin plank still dangle from the highest reach of it. If it didn't look ready to fall apart at any moment, Aqua would have reached forward to try and trace the remains of the lettering beneath the grim covering it. Oh well. Probably wouldn't be able to decipher it anyway...

"Do you think we will see a fox?" Now that was an odd question. "A fox?" She repeats, abandoning the signpost to give Bell her full attention. "I'm not sure. They someone you don't want to find Ms. Bell? She asks gently, finding the unease entering the child's voice slightly unnerving...Children can get scared easily, but Bell had always been so cheerful, eager, it was odd to see her suddenly nervous. What was she afraid of..?


_________________



"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
Larka's Art Shop
Sketchbook
avatar
Maximum
Elite
Elite

Age : 24
Posts : 417

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Maximum on Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:17 am

Route 11 Edge/Early Morning [25]

Saferi didn't try to force him to stay and muttered, "Have fun." She flicked her tail as she turned to go up the river, and Thorn thought he may have seen her nod in response to his last comment. It really didn't matter anyway, but it was good to know that she was listening. The Huntail was in her element, and he had confidence that she'd be able to take care of herself. Taking another glance at the shoreline, he noticed that Aqua and Bell were now out of sight. Seperating the group like this still made him nervous; not for himself, for he had managed... for a long time now on his own. It then hit him that they had also been surviving without others for who knows how long, and the thought gave him some comfort. Deciding that he had been sitting around for far too long, he finally turned towards the opening of the estuary and swam.

It was almost eerie how quiet the waters seemed to be, but then again, it was possible any living were currently in hiding because of him. There were good reasons why he hadn't been able to really connect with other Pokemon since getting seperated from his trainer, and the fact that there was Undead everywhere was only one of those reasons. He recognized the thought pattern his mind was following, and since there was no need to worry about it since he finally found friendly...ish living, he shook his head and paid more attention on his surroundings. Other than the apparent lack of other beings, everything seemed normal.

As he swam, he realized two things. One, his self inflicted wound wasn't giving him any troubles today, which was good considering what he was going to do later. Two, he only had a vague idea of where the kelp forest was. This was a brilliant plan, going out into waters he only barely knew by himself. He knew that the coral trench was an easy landmark that wasn't too far away from the cave that was the rendevous point, but that knowledge wasn't going to help him find the kelp. The current direction he was going in felt right, but he had nothing definite. He sighed and decided to keep going; he could always turn around and come back if his hunch was wrong.

His patience awarded him after a while with the swaying plants on the horizon, and he sped up in excitement. His first order of business was to relocate that Seaking they saw yesterday and to make sure nothing else was eyeing it. Given the fact that it looked infected, he wasn't too worried about it, but sometimes desperate Pokemon would do desperate things. Almost as soon as the thought entered his head, he thought he saw movement in the kelp. He tensed at the edge of the kelp forest, but he kept going. He knew that there were other Pokemon in here, so he tried to ease his mind that it may have been some locals seeing if the strange Gyarados meant harm. Unfortunately, it didn't do much, and as he stopped to get his bearings, he sensed more movement in the water that gave him the feeling that he was being followed.

Sponsored content

Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:07 am