Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

2 posters

Ditto Objects (CLOSED)

Moon Moon
    Moon Moon
    Ace
    Ace

Ditto Objects (CLOSED) Empty Ditto Objects (CLOSED)

Post by Moon Moon Tue May 07, 2013 4:58 pm

Can a Ditto turn into an object? I know that it's been done in the anime but I wanted to see what you Admins thought of it. If so, how complex/or detailed can it be? Can it imitate the inner workings of a device if it has a good idea of what it does? And what's the max size of something a Ditto can imitate?

Last edited by Twilight Requiem on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Ditto Objects (CLOSED) Empty Re: Ditto Objects (CLOSED)

Post by Min Tue May 07, 2013 7:15 pm

Mmm...if a ditto were to be able to imitate an object, I'd say it won't be able to imitate the inner workings (I'm assuming you're talking about electronics and things similar to those.) since it is mimicking the physical form of the object before it. Dittos aren't exactly known for their great intelligence, either. (Seeing as it's unable to mimic from memory.)
    However, it has been stated that Dittos are able to transform into inanimate objects like stones, as shown in it's Gold Pokedex entry; "It can transform into anything. When it sleeps, it changes into a stone to avoid being attacked." And in the DPP dex entry, it states that it can transform into whatever it sees; "It has the ability to reconstitute its entire cellular structure to transform into whatever it sees."
    In conclusion, for the imitating internal workings part, I'd say that the internal workings have to actually be visible by the Ditto in order for it to transform. Dittos mimic by sight, not knowledge. VwV
    Moon Moon
    Moon Moon
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Moon Moon Tue May 07, 2013 7:26 pm

Hmm, okay! Maybe if it had the blueprints of it or something...Anyways! What would be that max size of what a Ditto can imitate, it isn't directly stated in the games but Ditto can transform into massive creatures such as Rayquaza or Wailord, which clearly have a much higher mass that the typical Ditto. There has to be some limit to what it can do, I mean, it may be considered godmodding if it imitates say an Oil Tanker or a Skyscraper.
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Tue May 07, 2013 7:34 pm

Mmm...I'd say the max is the size of the largest Pokemon? Which would be around 47'07" / 14.5m since Wailord is the largest Pokemon. Since they're able to meddle with their cellular structure--but even then it would have it's limits. Probably no taller than just 48 feet--and a max weight at around 950kg? I'd also say that a Ditto who does transform into gargantuan beings would tire out very quickly, as it would most likely take a lot of work. [One dex entry says that a ditto reverts back to it's original form when it relaxes, which implies that it most likely does take work to transform.] It would take a lot of effort to do a perfect mimic, after all.

Also, as a side note, here's a little blurb from Bulbapedia that's also related to size;
    "In rare cases it will lack the ability to increase or decrease in size, thus rather than creating exact duplicates, it will create (usually) miniature versions."
    Moon Moon
    Moon Moon
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Moon Moon Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:12 pm

Thanks for the help Lulu, this may be closed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:50 am