Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

3 posters

Question: Human Aura Users?

Anonymous

Question: Human Aura Users? Empty Question: Human Aura Users?

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:03 pm

Okay, so I have had an upcoming human character in the works for quite a long while. The character in question is the trainer of Apolonia the Zoroark, named Angelina. Angelina is supposed to have aura powers, although this is never actually mentioned in Apolonia’s history.

Angelina’s aura powers are strictly set around communicating her emotions to other living creatures (Pokémon and Humans alike) as well as being able to understand them through an aura connection. Her power is similar to that of a Lucario’s, but she lacks their offensive capabilities. She cannot harm anyone with her aura powers; instead, they give her great emotional depth to those she connects with. Angelina cannot intrude into other peoples’ emotions or minds or sense their inner emotions without permission first, since her aura powers require acceptance and openness in order to create a connection in the first place. Her aura powers allow her to have a natural talent for communicating with Pokémon in particular, which allows her to slightly trespass the language barrier via the translation of emotions and reactions without the use of languages.

At the age of 6, Angelina was originally thought to have Asperger’s (mostly due to the emotional sensitivity brought on by her emerging aura powers) and was brought to an experienced psychiatrist for an exam. The physician discovered that actually she had aura powers. Angelina’s family, quite fortunately, had a family of lucarios that loyally stayed as companions to them. Most of these lucarios knew the natural language of the family--Polish. And one of them, noticing that Angelina was developing Aura abilities, came forth to teach her how to harness her Aura powers. She learned from the Lucario for up to 10+ years. By the time she started her journey to the Unovan Pokémon League she had learned enough about how to harness and control her aura abilities to continue her learning on her own. Even after years of training, however, she still has a strong emotional sensitivity towards other people--especially to those she shares an aura connection with. On another note, this would also allow her to see and sense the shadowy aura of Infected or Undead Pokémon.

So this is the concept of her aura powers. Aura-using humans have been revealed as being canon due to the presence of the aura-wielding human Riley in the main games, but I was not sure if human aura users were allowed at all here on EJ. Oh, and sorry for the long-winded explanation, Admins; I just want to assure you that I am taking great steps in avoiding any god-moding with this character :U
    Lugia
    Lugia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Question: Human Aura Users? Empty Re: Question: Human Aura Users?

Post by Lugia Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:22 am

We will discuss it.

Question: Human Aura Users? Shadowlugiasig

Lugia
    Admin

"It's amazing how hard someone will fight for their underpants."

Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:43 pm

On a similar note the Psychic trainer class claim to have similar psychic powers. Is this because they have some natural ability, were taught it by their pokemon or is it simply the Psychic pokemon themselves that are using the powers? In game Psychics have claimed to have some kind of powers similar to that of Nival's character.
    Suicune
    Suicune
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Suicune Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:07 pm

For humans having auras, no.
    There's been no evidence of this being canon.

From Mewtwo:
    In the game Riley is never mentioned to have aura powers but he does have a keen ability to sense the good in others, much like sensitive people in the real world, and that is why he trusts the player with a Riolu egg.
    No aura powers.

As for Kazes' question.
    Psychic humans are canon. They have their own abilities that work well with psychic pokemon.

It's a tricky area when it comes to what is allowed as psychic activity and what isn't.
    Stick to what you see in the games.
    Sabrina and her gym are a good place to start.
    Mewtwos' powers in the first movie is also pretty canon- the power to move and throw things, the power to communicate through telepathy, etc...mind control is excluded of course, for godmod reasons.

Some psychics can probably have 'foretold' the future and the epidemic, but keep it to a minimum. Anything in our universe rules shouldn't really be known to the regular character; it's for your information only, so we make sure everyones' stories line up with the right details.
    Psychics cannot know a MESS of details that nobody else does; that's godmodding.
    Balance your characters; it's more fun when everyones' on the same level.

Suicune
    Founding Admin

Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:29 pm

Just to say something with this from a personal experience ^^ Aura powers I am not sure of but humans in general are born with the ability to sense an "aura" of the people around them. This is why most newborns can sense and feel the emotions of others around them. They can't necessarily see the colors of the spectrum but they can feel it enough to know if someone around them is angry or sad. Generally we lose the ability to see or feel aura's around ourselves as we progress in age but it is quite possible, and easy, for us to pick up the ability again but it's extremely hard or at least it was for me. Now with the power thing, I know that real humans can generate an aura strong enough to not manipulate the feelings around themselves but rather to impress upon others to bring down stress and heal broken relationships but this too is also hard as crap. Just thought I would throw that in there ^^ meant to do this yesterday Sui<3
    Lugia
    Lugia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Lugia Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:53 pm

I doubt that auras are sensed by newborns and such... every creature alive senses another's emotions by body language. Even babies have instinctive tendencies to pick up on stress and happiness, and act accordingly. Animals have the exact same thing, they just figure it out in different ways, like acute sense of smell. Some animals can literally smell the fear on you from the hormones you produce in your sweat glands and skin pores.

This could also be how babies pick up on certain things, with pheromones. It's subtle and difficult to actually consciously detect, but through innate knowledge and feel of body language, these hormones and pure instinct, any person or creature can "sense" another.

I guess I've never been a fan of psychics, lol; the ones in our world, in the actual world, generally manipulate and master these forms of perception and have amazing critical thinking skills to come to the conclusions they do. Of course, I don't want to rule out any that may actually be psychic-- but I have yet to meet a real one.

My entire point, I suppose, is this: I don't like the idea of a human with very many legitimately supernatural powers, as nature has already provided many creatures with similar tools through biology. Even though it is game canon, and there were mediums and psychics galore in any core game, I'd still be very, very skeptical of any surviving this long. Sorry for the detouring segway of a comment, lol.

Question: Human Aura Users? Shadowlugiasig

Lugia
    Admin

"It's amazing how hard someone will fight for their underpants."

Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Suicune Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:20 pm

I agree, Lug, for the most part. There has never been evidence of 'auras' or anything of that sort in reality.
    While IRL psychics are just as you said, the game canon allows for them to exist. The sprites of the psychics in Sabrinas' gym showed them floatin' pokeballs and such.

But as I stated, be careful with using human psychics. We usually limit 'special powers' to our pokemon. A psychic human would not be nearly as powerful as a normal psychic type pokemon.
    Nor would they use any particular pokemon moves.
    Telekinesis and telepathy are probably the only things they'd probably use. MAYBE some form of seing the future in vague references.

And there would be VERY few psychic humans, as Lugia said.
    Because of how rare of a 'talent' it is.

TLDR: if it feels like godmodding, it probably is, and avoid it.

Suicune
    Founding Admin

Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:59 pm

:O Wild idea here, but......what if.....we could also use shiny/mutator tickets for the special humans?

Such as making a human possessed by a ghost such as the ones you find in Lavander tower. Or psychic's/aura-users would warrant the use of a mutator ticket. Since it would be considered supernatural and not found in normal characters?

((can't think of other types of abnormal pokemon trainers you find in game, those are just the ones i thought of right off the bat |D))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:21 am