Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

Question: Dual Character Posting Style

Anonymous

Question: Dual Character Posting Style Empty Question: Dual Character Posting Style

Post by Guest Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:35 am

In this post, I combined both Tsukiko and Shaka’s actions into a single, drawn-out post. I did not divide their posts like I normally do. I wanted the input of you admins before I continued to do this for my posts.

-- My question is this:

If I supply enough paragraphs for the both of them--say, six to seven at minimum--then does that add towards another post count for the both of them? Would supplying enough paragraphs make up for the lack of separation? Writing both of the character’s reactions separately can be problematic at times (at least, for me it is). It draws out the post and sometimes adds unnecessary filler information. If it is written in this new style I think it gives the characters’ posts more flow and personality. Not to mention it is far easier for me to write this way rather than to have to constantly post their entire actions separately. Not to mention if one of the characters is absent/unconscious/etc and cannot post, then I can state this in the post's OOC Note.

I just wanted to raise this as a possible suggestion if you admins do not think it will overcomplicate the badge and post count systems. I shall revise my Team Celestic post if you admins believe that this posting style is too much of a problem.

Sorry if the answer to this question is obvious or simple--I am just being precautious for the sake of not causing you Admins any problems :u Never seen anyone post like this on the site before, as far as I can remember.
    Fox
    Fox
    Elite
    Elite

Question: Dual Character Posting Style Empty Re: Question: Dual Character Posting Style

Post by Fox Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:23 pm

I write my dual posts like this sometimes too, when it's needed.
    I think the rules are that as long as there's at least a paragraph or two for each of the characters, (at least focused on what they say or do) then it counts as a post for them.

If one of the characters don't do anything in a turn and I don't write much or anything for them, then I don't count that in their post count.

Does that help?~

"What's the point in them being happy now if they're going to be sad later?
    The answer is, of course, because they're going to be sad later."

Question: Dual Character Posting Style 4j0L6
    Anonymous

Question: Dual Character Posting Style Empty Re: Question: Dual Character Posting Style

Post by Guest Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:15 am

That helps out a lot, actually. Thank you Anathema.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:35 am