Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

2 posters

Wiretap the Childish Mow Rotom (Saffron, Kanto)

Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Wiretap the Childish Mow Rotom (Saffron, Kanto) Empty Wiretap the Childish Mow Rotom (Saffron, Kanto)

Post by Kaze Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:31 pm

Wiretap the Childish Mow Rotom (Saffron, Kanto) 110

Wiretap
    Text Color # F7D02C Electric Type Color
    Item A Miracle Seed inside its scoop
    Gender Genderless
    Age Adolescent (Human 16)
    Species #479, Rotom, The Plasma Pokemon
    Height 1'00"
    Weight 0.7lbs
    Pokédex Entry Its electric-like body can enter some kinds of machines and take control in order to make mischief. ”-Pokemon Black
    Level 20
    Ability Levitate-Gives immunity to Ground Type Moves
    Nature Hasty
    Characteristic Likes to run
    Moves -Leaf Storm (Form change)
    -Dark Pulse(TM)
    -Confuse Ray
    -Shock Wave
    History

“It's an old notebook. There's no telling how old it is."
    "Our encounter was a sudden one. It was when I found my toy robot, one that I had earlier misplaced. At that instant, a Pokémon startlingly emerged from the lawn mower's motor! Clutching my robot, I stared, transfixed by the peculiar Pokémon.
    The Pokémon hovered in the air, held aloft by a power unseen. As if curious and unafraid of my presence, it floated toward me. Crackling sounds accompanied it, as if from static electricity in the air. Remarkably, it seemed the Pokémon was the source of this power! In alarm, I flinched, certain that my face would be subjected to a shock. Much to my surprise, the Pokémon seemed to favor me with a smile.
    Finally, I came to realize that the Pokémon only wished to be friends. I have decided to name this most wondrous Pokémon 'Rotom.' Simple though it may be, Rotom emerged to me from the motor of a lawn mower. Motor and Rotom... Surely the link is obvious?
    Rotom is a Pokémon that is simply sensational. The fact that it can turn invisible is simply the beginning. What makes Rotom unique is its ability to enter and operate machinery!
    Rotom and I became fast friends. We were perpetual companions. The electricity from its body forbade contact, however. We could not touch, let alone hug or hold hands, but we cared not. For we were bonded on a much deeper, incorporeal level.
    A feeling of mischief got the better of me one day. Seeing Rotom hovering, I decided to startle it--normally I would not. Perhaps frightened, Rotom discharged power beyond its usual range. I fell, stunned, into the arms of unconsciousness...
    When I came to, to my horror I realized that Rotom had disappeared. I searched high and low for my friend in dismay and desperation. 'Don't chastise yourself. The fault is mine. No harm done. Let us play as we always have.' Though my words poured out, my friend could not be found to hear them...
    My search for Rotom carried me far from home. It was in the town's rubbish heap that I again found my old toy robot. Curiously, our eyes met, then the robot waved a hand as if in greeting. I knew then that I had found my lost friend. I ran to it and hugged Rotom tight, talking on and on.
    The robot's eyes lit up happily as I held it. I'm certain that, within it, Rotom was emitting lots of electricity. Somehow, I felt I could understand Rotom's thoughts better than before. Also, I realized that we would remain friends throughout our lives..."
    "The notebook ends with this page..."

From the start it was the ghost of out-dated appliances and broken software, a creation made from a few stray sparks of electricity that came to form a ghostly form of function without form.
    A natural phenomenon, as featureless as ball lightning.
    Then suddenly there was a bit more.
    It became almost and urban legend. It was the ghost in the machine.
    Gears whirred and grinded, the motor activating in ways it didn't normally and across the floor of the bedroom flickered a strange light and an eerie high pitched giggling made of the sound of humming mechanisms moving in ways they had not been designed to.
    For a time it had fun in the building in Sinnoh, watching its new friend grow
    It was given a room to play and grow in, a room that over time came to be filled with all the pretty devices with the strangely shaped motors it could bend to its command. At the side of its trainer it came to learn things of importance, how to read from scientific texts and how to understand the complex language of computers.
    It had a mind like a child, all curiosity and desire to play and no idea it was being studied or experimented on. Possessing the different devices had been fun and more importantly it had made its human friend happy.

"There is a mysterious notebook here. Its age is impossible to tell."
    "It was by pure chance that I obtained information about the Pokémon Rotom. Remarkably, Rotom has the ability to enter and merge with special motors. It's now known that Rotom can stay inside a motor almost indefinitely. However, it will emerge if it enters a Union Room or Wi-Fi Club. Rotom will also emerge from the motor if it is left at the Day Care. Rotom may also forget certain moves when it leaves a motor. This Pokémon requires exhaustive observation and analysis. To ensure I get all the credit, my Rotom research must be kept secret. They will come to recognize me as the scientific genius Char..."
    "The rest of the notebook is blank."

Then he had gone away and it was left in the room all alone.
    At first it didn't understand. It simply waited for the human to return and play with it some more, not realizing it had not been abandoned willingly in this room in Silph Co. and this dear friend had been unable to take the little electric type with him as he started work in Team Galactic.
    Instead the Rotom started to play while it waited.
    It learnt how to operate the broken lift that connected it to the rest of the building but the other humans didn’t have the same kind of bonds that it had with its trainer and it was more fun to play tricks on them than to talk to them, including the prank of the mysteriously broken elevator.
    In its natural sparking form it could not only turn itself invisible but pass through solid objects as well. Though it was weaker than when it was safely nestled inside an appliance.
    As it waited it trained in a way, trying to discover more and more things to show its trainer when he returned. It experimented with possessing the motors of the devices it had been left to play with, learning new ways to play with them and using its electrical discharges to power various devices.
    It was at that point it discovered, dust covered and forgotten in the corner, the Rotom found the Television.
    It was still a naive ball of lightning and, though with no motor to possess it couldn't take command of the T.v like other devices, it soon became its favourite thing in the room.
    From the shows on it the Rotom gained its view of the world. It had loved the Television back in the place it had first met the human child, back in Sinnoh, and the marvellous picture of the outside world it showed it.
    When the human did not return for it the Rotom learnt by watching the televison; crime shows, children’s shows, movies, sports. All were like documentaries to it.
    From the shows it watched the Rotom even decided to give itself a name: Wiretap because that's what it did.
    Wiretap didn't worry when the T.V started showing warnings to evacuate and images of the strange undead pokemon rampaging from region; it had seen enough horror movies to conclude that such thing were common place in some areas. It knew another thing too, that there would always be a hero to stand up and find a cure or help others to survive.
    It would be that hero.
    The broken elevator would take only a jolt of electricity to fix and then it could go out and be the hero and possibly even find its human. First it had to train, to get strong enough to face down the undead hordes. It watched many martial arts movies in practise as it learnt the powerful new moves it could gain from its utilization of various devices.
    Its favourite was the Lawn mower, the lawn mower it had first inhabited when it emerged from the motor to cheer up a child that had lost its favourite toy.
    It was in that form it was practising racing around the room when the building was suddenly struck by a spasmodic force. The ceiling cracked, the electrical cables held within falling free and meeting the bright orange metal shell of the Mower.
    A surge of power ran through the device, badly rattling the small ghost lodged inside of it.
    Huge chunks of plaster fell from the ceiling and with a terrifying screeching of twisted metal its other devices were torn apart before its green tinted eyes. The excess of electricity led to a temporary paralysis and when Wiretap finally managed to tip its mower body upright it found it had somehow become more tightly bonded to the metal than before. Without a new device to transfer into it could not even split of into its normal Rotom form, being able to only muster up a pale astral-projection kind of ghost to manipulate human technology with none of the ease it had once held.

Wiretap started up the elevator with a jolt of electrical discharge and nervously began to set out through the broken corridors of Silph Co. It sped along on its rubber tyres, leaving black skid marks around the corridors as it filled its mind with the images of famous race heroes setting of in preparation for the big race rather than dwell on the dark and gloomy place it had found itself it.
    Its room had been a haven, a safe room sealed from attack by its manipulation of the human's own computer systems. The first undead it saw it hid around the corner from.
    The purple skinned Treecko limbed past, one foot twisted at an unnatural angle and preventing it from moving swiftly, blood splattered over its three fingered hands and a seed of gold clutched in fist.
    The Mow Rotom psyched itself up for the battle, watching the unaware little Grass Type from behind as it stalked the corridors in search of its next prey.
    Wiretap gulped and let out all the energy it could muster. Its toothy jaws parted to reveal the loudly turning blades of the mower and the Treecko turned.
    The Rotom felt sick as it repeatedly ran over the creature's head until there was nothing left but a mushy pile of red goo.
    Wiretap sped on swiftly, spitting out the lumps of rotting bloodied meat as it ran swiftly across the corridors, little more than an orange blur of speed. The golden husked seed stuck in the scoop used for collecting the grass cuttings (it was still filled with a few handfuls of the limp vegetation) where it rattled around loosely and could not be ejected.
    It ran through the basements of Silph co, where the break had left entire rooms on a lean, buzzing swiftly through the crooked corridors until a curious trail of blackness caught its green eyes.
    Slowly it rolled up to it.
    Under the covering of the strange black goo was a plastic case containing a gleaming disk; a powerup surely. Lightly tapping it with one rubber-treaded wheel caused the casing to crack a fraction and a strange new knowledge to spark in Wiretap's brain before, almost accidentally, the TM broke under his wheel.

The Rotom rolled onwards through the darkned building, searching out a companion for its journey.
    Appearance An orange painted lawnmower with a strange shaped motor that has been possessed by the spirit of a mischievous ghost type. It appears to have green eyes lined in grey and a haze of green electricity crackles over its body, the amount of electricity increasing when it grows happier. Its toothy grin covers the rotating blades of the mower, revealing them when they open, and the rectangular catchment at the back contains shredded leaves that are forcibly expelled from the mouth when using a Leaf Storm attack. It moves independent of human hands, zooming down flat ground so swiftly it is little more than an orange blur. Its two rubber-treaded tires bounce along the floor, though it has been noted to fly on occasions when crossing gaps because of the force possessing it.
    It moves very swiftly and may on occasion extrude 'hands' of green electricity that bury into other electrical appliances and manipulate them to the spirit's will, though it appears incapable of actually leaving the mower.
    Often it bears a maniacally cheerful expression, turning to determination when it is racing. Its movements are somewhat erratic as it explores anything that interests it. At times it seems to be deliberately posing.
    Personality Wiretap (as it has named itself) is every inch an immature teen. Its knowledge of the outside world has come pretty much entirely from watching a small T.V. in its room, one of the few electrical devices it cannot enter, and it has left it with a strange view of the world. It has been taught to read by Charon and does it well, although it much prefers the altering of computer coding to suit its needs than books. With the decline of humanity stopping its viewing of its favourite shows it has finally set out into the world. Having watched many zombie movies and taken them as fact it has come to the conclusion that it is its eventual destiny to save the world and that is the reason for its creation.
    Styling itself after a spy on a T.V show it saw Wiretap has no problem mowing down undead in its path simply by running them down without warning and escaping before they can recover.
    While knowledgeable by human standards Wiretap is very underleveled and immature for its age, an electrical shock rendering it unable to even leave his mower in a normal Rotom Form without another device to switch into. Much of the knowledge it has gained from TV is not that useful and it is nowhere near as good a battler as it insists it is, owing most of his victories due to surprising others. It has a playful nature and enjoys practical jokes on others.
    Wiretap owes its continued survival to its grasp of human technology, being able to manipulate much of the electronics of Silph Co. into keeping its room sealed from unwanted visitors. Secretly most of its bravado is an act to protect itself from how scared it feels being out of its room. It tries to act more experienced than it is and usually fails but its genuine belief in itself as a hero often gets it through tough times.
    Wiretap often rashly rushes in and out of battle in one smooth motion, confident that there is nothing that can outrace it and doing more damage with the rotor blades than with its attacks. It has run over a Miracle Seed held by an undead Treecko in the Silph Co. lobby and while it has gotten rid of the Treecko's remains the seed still rattles loosely inside its scoop and boosts the power of its Leaf Storm attack.
    User Notes - Believes all the shows he has watched are documentaries showing the real world instead of fiction and behaves accordingly. Often quotes from these shows to the confusion of others.
    -Is very knowledgeable around human computers due to its 'trainer's training and can even hack password protected files, operate some machinery and even briefly 'possess' electronic doors to get them to open. However it can't operate its mower body at the same time, leaving it open to attack.
    -Was found my Charon as a child and formed a close friendship with him. It still misses him and considers him the leading authority on everything.
    -Has spent most of its life in the single room in Silph Co.
    -Named itself after a term on a murder investigation it saw, the amount of these shows has convinced it humans are prone to violence.
    -Refers to itself by very obscure references at time, including once telling an undead it was MacGuyver.
    -Is sealed in Mow Form. Any damage to the mower results in damage to it.

Last edited by Kaze on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Wiretap the Childish Mow Rotom (Saffron, Kanto) Empty Re: Wiretap the Childish Mow Rotom (Saffron, Kanto)

Post by Kaze Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:11 pm

Ready for approval!

To replace Angel the Galvantula when she dies.
    Mewtwo
    Mewtwo
    Administrator
    Administrator

Wiretap the Childish Mow Rotom (Saffron, Kanto) Empty Re: Wiretap the Childish Mow Rotom (Saffron, Kanto)

Post by Mewtwo Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:33 am

Your moveset does not work. Shock Wave is not learned until level 22 and your character is only level 20.
    He also cannot learn Dark Pulse by TM, only by tutoring, and since he never left Silph Co. after being left there I will not allow BW Tutor moves on this character. He wouldn't have been able to meet one.

Your history, I do not approve of all the journal entries. It seems to only be there for you to fluff your history and lends nothing to the character. It is written by someone else and your character does not read it or know that it exists so I would prefer them all deleted.
    For a time it had fun in the building in Sinnoh, watching its new friend grow
    There is no lead in to him even having a friend, and then a few sentences later you mention a trainer. When? Where? He comes into existence, no one knows what he is or that he is there, then suddenly he has a friends and trainer? Please expand on that.

And if he is supposed to be Galactic's Charon, then your title needs to say Charon's Mow Rotom, not just Mow Rotom. Because otherwise your history makes no sense. If this is supposed to be the same Rotom from Charon's history then you need to do more to explain that, and without using journal entries. Yes they are game canon but that is for the player in the games since they can't ask Charon, you have the actual Pokemon who already knows. Please leave them out.

His age also does not work if he is supposed to be the Rotom who knew Charon, he would be much older, nearing Mature Adult. Charon is an old man and met Rotom when he was still young and owned Old Chateau. This also means that a lot of what you have Rotom knowing is unable to pass.

While he could conceivably open electric doors and appliances, he would not have learned computers or passowords. Charon left him long before that could have happened.

Please revise and then I will look again for approval.

Wiretap the Childish Mow Rotom (Saffron, Kanto) 3Br5nS6

Wiretap the Childish Mow Rotom (Saffron, Kanto) ZGD0iWwAdmin - Profiles, PlotWiretap the Childish Mow Rotom (Saffron, Kanto) UugYyDK
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:47 pm

Back to WIP with this profile then.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:18 pm