Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

3 posters

Old TM's (Allowable?)

Anonymous

Old TM's (Allowable?) Empty Old TM's (Allowable?)

Post by Guest Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:51 pm

Maybe this has been asked before, but whatever.
    TMs: Basically CDs that contain information for moves for compatible Pokemon.

What happens to the old ones? Ones that were used years before?
    Say the Gen 2 TM for Zap Cannon was never used... what happened to it? Surely the owner wouldn't just throw it away. Maybe he decided to store it, and maybe, a long ways later, he caught a Pokemon. A Raichu, for example, which was compatable with said TM. Say he decided to teach it to the Raichu... would this be allowed? Because even two years ago, there was the TM for Rock Polish and Dark Pulse... now... they're gone.

They were probably in high demand and probably many are still in circulation.
    So why not allow older TMs (as long as reason is given) to be taught to compatible pokemon? Given of course that they fit the Generation of the move. E.G.: Zap Cannon couldn't be taught to Manectric, as it wasn't part of the Gen to be compatible with the TM.
    Zapdos
    Zapdos
    Legendary
    Legendary

Old TM's (Allowable?) Empty Re: Old TM's (Allowable?)

Post by Zapdos Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:56 pm

I would assume that the TM buisness is just like any other factory.

They would adapt and give the public what they want and keep moving forward, not bothering with the old products as they develop new ones.

I should think that they went out of production an aweful long time ago and would be extremely rare if not impossible to find in the RP. Not to mention that TMs are just like CD disks and break very easily. The wolrd of the Epidemic is not a kind place and fragile things do not last long at all.
    Mewtwo
    Mewtwo
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Mewtwo Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:28 pm

Newer Pokemon wouldn't be compatible simply in the sense that they have evolved past the point of being able to learn that move. Which is why the age restrictions exist. I would say that a Pokemon that qualifies for Gev V rules should not be allowed to learn an old-school TM when it has no idea what the move is. Their kind simply aren't compatible with it anymore, so the new gens can't learn it.

Last edited by Mewtwo on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Old TM's (Allowable?) 3Br5nS6

Old TM's (Allowable?) ZGD0iWwAdmin - Profiles, PlotOld TM's (Allowable?) UugYyDK
    Lugia
    Lugia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Lugia Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:51 pm

I would have to agree with my fellow admins. For their reasons already specified, I would have to vote this down.

Old TM's (Allowable?) Shadowlugiasig

Lugia
    Admin

"It's amazing how hard someone will fight for their underpants."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 am