Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+22
Fern
Nightfall
R'hia Kyrie
Arceus Bladed
Min
Catalyst
Starbits
Mew
Xerneas
Drago
Duma
Chroma
Dandelion
Requiem
RhysandNight
Rampardos
Silverishness
Scizor
Snitch
renegade
Negative10
Bitterblue
26 posters

(ACE) The HEARTHOME Team

Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

(ACE) The HEARTHOME Team  - Page 18 Empty Re: (ACE) The HEARTHOME Team

Post by Nightfall Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:51 am

((Skip - I can't do much without Vinny and/or Balth.))
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hearthome City | Late Afternoon
    (14) (8)

Michael is pacing around the house, gingerly stepping over the shattered glass where the bull had made his grand exit out of their lives. It was too peaceful here. Nothing was ever peaceful during these days, ever, so where was the crimson blood and the screams of the dying piercing through the silence? His stomach is twisting, twisting itself until he's certain that it'll split into two. His nose twitches and his eyes devour every last bit of the house and its interior, but there's nothing. -a little bit more time; to leave here and go looking would just cut chances even further of grouping back together." What? More time? Surely waiting would cause tiny Durants to gnaw their way out of Michael's fur, his organs and his entire being! You are so serious. Yes, maybe he was, but the point was that waiting around was getting them nowhere and Michael cannot stand being nowhere and yet everywhere all at once.

Suddenly, the head of the Garchomp can be seen at the door, and Michael immediately stops pacing and snaps to attention. Ah, such welcome distraction! "Hey, guys? We've found the way out. It isn't that far, actually. But we kinda need to get moving." Fine by him, all Michael's been wanting to do is just get out of here the entire time Halloween was talking to the Eevee, and now he's got his chance. Hell, even that same Eevee looks slightly relieved instead of the usual scared out of my wits. If that expression stayed for the rest of...ever, Michael would praise every single goddess in all of existence. "We err ... kinda ran into more of Swampy's buddies while we were out. One of them got away when we weren't lookin'." Oopsies. That wasn't a problem, no sir, it was not! They'd just have to book it from the city, one-two-zap, they needed to be gone. That was an easy game to play; fighting was the hard part. They could get away from the hard part quick as lightning and everything would be okay.

"They know we're here." Good on 'em! Connor, however, is not so enthused. "W-what?" He looks up at Halloween with that same old tired expression of worry and fear, goddessdammit Michael did not want to see scared children for the rest of his existence. "Right. Let's get the hell outta here. Connor?" The Eevee starts trembling, Michael can see that, his skin is about ready to leap off his body and run away with a mouthless scream. It was then that Halloween looked at him as well, giving Michael's heart a tiny jolt, barely worth calling a shock. "Can you move quickly, both of you? It's not a contest of strength." Strength! Michael has plenty of that, but the Eevee's paws are bloody, torn, and there's no way he's running or even walking his way out of this city.

"If either of you can't run, I'm carrying you; we have to move. Now."
    "I'm good," Michael says confidently, "Eevee's paws look like hell, though. He's gotta be carried."
    "U-um...yeah..."

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:20 pm

Hearthome City| |Late Afternoon

When the pulses of energy begin to gently mend her injuries, Francesca releases a sigh of relief. Thank Arceus this Lucario knows some healing abilities--she's sure that if she didn't get healed she would'nt be able to last another battle. A calm warmth floods her bloodstream, open wounds quickly beginning to scab and heal while her sore chest eases it's pain.

Truth be told she only half-listens to the fighting-type's explanation, the desperation of his voice bubbling a familiar bitterness in her stomach. The same tone that Lazarus used to speak to her long ago. Her eyes narrow, carefully looking over the Lucario with a judgmental gaze. The bitterness grows. Festers violently into her throat and demanding action--persecution--and instinctively her hand curls into a tight fist. It trembles.

But she doesn't. Even if the world's gone to hell she still has some sort of moral to keep, and she can't hurt someone who just saved her.

A strained smile cracks her expression. "...A burn, right?" Her voice is softer than before, a tint of weariness pemeating through her syllables. "Then we should find you a Rawst Berry."

The Krookodile notices the Sylveon's worried gaze at her side, the hide still a bit bloody but significantly better than before. It stung a bit. She manages a smile a bit more genuine. "I'll be fine."
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:02 am

Hearthome City | Late Afternoon | 17

"An accident, before I reached the city. Was travelling, and encountered a snubull, very much living. Batshit fucking insane, I tried to approach him and he started babbling about this being his hill, or some shit… not a speck of purple on him. Just violent. Bit me with a fire fang- thus the burn. Not the illness, just a regular wound…"

"Mmmmm..."  The fairy sits on his haunches, but raises an eye ridge.  Desperation he can understand, and the Lucario's story very well may be just as exactly as he said it.

But he could also be lying, in denial, delusional, or just mistaken.  And all of those would spell a very real probem once he turned.

The crocodile doesn't seem nearly as concerned-- was she even paying attention?  "...A burn, right?  Then we should find you a Rawst Berry."

Then again, she was almost brutally murdered.  She's probably just exhausted.  Maybe she zoned out... Her side still isn't looking good, either.  Better, but not good.

"I'll be fine."  

"We'll try to find some Oran or Sitrus for that," Valentine promises, addressing the Lucario next.  "And some Rawst for you, like Francesca said."

He glances down the street, chewing on his lip.  I hope that dragon is okay out there... I hope he gets the Arcanine and the other two safely back here...

With a sigh, he turns his eyes back on Polnareff.  "But before berries, you and I, need a talk first.  Alone.  Preferably before the dragon returns."

If Francesca won't say something to him, then he will.  By god, he is not losing potential new friends to an infected.

oh, captain, let's make a deal
    where we both say the things that we both really feel
    i feel scared and i'm starting to sink
    and i'll only sink deeper the deeper i think

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]19 Badges[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    little fairy

R'hia Kyrie
    R'hia Kyrie
    Elite
    Elite

Post by R'hia Kyrie Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:57 pm

Hearthome City | Late Afternoon | 6

Polnareff was a little confused by the Krookodile’s reaction. Rather, an apparent lack thereof. He would take a mental note of her treatment of him, somewhat concerned that she could act volatile later on. But at least the main threat had passed.

The Sylveon didn’t exactly seem too hostile at this moment either, though he was far more wary than Francesca. "And some Rawst for you, like Francesca said." He had good berry knowledge, something Polnareff was aware he didn’t have. He could identify some if he saw them, but wasn’t able to do it with all berries. He could hardly remember the names oftentimes either.

“Thank you. It is good to see that not everyone is killing first, asking questions later… What is your name?” Polnareff looked down to his side at the wrong time. As he sees it’s still bleeding, albeit not as profusely as before, he hears the psychic type’s words once more.

"But before berries, you and I, need a talk first.  Alone.  Preferably before the dragon returns." Shit, is he serious? The words didn’t exactly sound like a direct threat… Polnareff could wipe the floor with this Sylveon most days- not that he actively WANTS to- but even if he did, his health is poor, he’s low on energy, he’s simply in no condition to fight, even with the major type and level advantage. He looks to the Sylveon with burning eyes… well, he tries to. His eyes are honestly scared. It’s hard to see past the intimidating bravado, but Polnareff was scared to bits. He had just found a group, a capable one that he could probably rely on… and now he may have to run. But if he runs, he’s probably going to die out there, without treatment.

"Yes… that would be preferable." He’d rather try and make sure to reason his way out of this, stay with the group. "At least you seem to have your wits about you… that FUCKING dragon is a menace… far too eager to kill. I don’t trust him for one moment. His aura is… not stable. So yes… we should indeed talk, and about more than you’re likely intending to.” It would be a good opportunity for some insight into this group, and Pol knew it.
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:47 pm

Hearthome City/Evening (85)

Thankfully, Halloween seemed to grasp the severity of the situation and sprung immediately into action. "Right. If either of you can't run, I'm carrying you; we have to move. Now." Rocket nodded and stood aside from the door to let them pass. He looked up at the slowly darkening sky and bit his lip anxiously; as long as they were out before night fell, and before Swampy and the rest of his buddies showed up, they'd be fine.

But they knew where the gate was now ... as long as they hurried everything would be fine. Nobody would get hurt or die, and neither would they have any reason to hate him anymore. Rocket was going to get them out of this town whether he went with them or not.

"Right, let's go then," he said once he was sure they were ready. He hadn't missed how Halloween had stood in front of the two youngsters protectively when he had arrived, like he thought he was some madman who could lose his marbles and start killing them at any moment. Rocket wished that now was the right time to let him know just how wrong he was, but alas, it would have to wait until later. "Follow me."

He dashed off back down the street, holding out his arms again to enjoy the burst of speed the wind gave him. Once they were out in the open he'd have to try a longer sprint just to see how much longer he could run for. He had a lot to find out about his new and improved form, and so much new potential to discover. He couldn't wait.

It wasn't long until he reached the junction at the end of the road. He took a right turn, then a left, then carried on down towards where he'd left the others. He sprinted into the square--

Only to find the three of them sitting right where he'd left them.

"Wha-- I told you guys to wait at the gate!" he hissed, thrusting a claw in its general direction. Had they not listened to a damn word he said?! Now he had the entire group to haul over there; not exactly ideal for avoiding unwanted attention. "For fuck's ... y'know what? It doesn't matter." He quickly dismissed the matter with a wave of his claw; now wasn't the time to argue over it. "Just get a move on and keep quiet."

He craned his neck over the trees and spotted the gate once more. His amber eyes scanned the pathways and roads leading out of the square, trying to figure out which was the best to take. Choosing the narrow one lined by a row of streetlamps, he took off again. "Come on. Let's try this way."
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:27 pm

Hearthome City | Late Afternoon
    (15) (9)

Connor does not understand the silent exchange between Halloween and Michael as the two meet each other's eyes, both green as fresh grass. He looks from one to the other, and for the first time their similarity really hits him. Fluffy, cloud-like orange and tan fur with those weird black stripes, thick paws, even their expressions weren't that different. Connor wonders if there was a reason why Michael stumbled upon them, stumbled upon someone who was pretty much a bigger version of himself...but he can't think of any reason why that would happen. The Eevee does not get much time to think before Halloween speaks again: "Alright. Michael, keep close to me. Don't want you getting hurt in case we're ambushed. Connor--" Distracted for only a second by Michael's quick nod in response, the Eevee now quickly turns his blue-eyed gaze back to the larger canine. "Tell me if I hurt you." Halloween picks him up like mother cat, grasping the scruff of Connor's fur in his powerful jaws. For one horrible moment, all Connor could imagine was if the Fire-type decided to do what Penelope had once done to a runt Rattatta, and shake his neck fiercely. Already he can hear the sickening snap, and Connor's heart almost flies out of his chest. As Halloween turns, the Eevee squeaks; even that slight movement was enough to set his poor heart pounding yet again, and with a jolt of shock, Connor realises that the squeaking sound was not only in his head.

"A-ah! I'm sorry...I-I'm not hurt," he explains quickly, hoping nobody would be upset with him for being such a scaredy-cat, "S-scared, but not hurt." As he's set down, Connor instinctively crouches down, almost sinking into Halloween's mane. His claws cling to the canine's fur, another instinctive habit; Connor really didn't want to fall off if they had to run. "Make sure to grip my name tightly--don't worry about hurting me," Halloween says, and Connor frowns-of course he doesn't want to hurt him, but his claws...they couldn't be anymore than pinpricks, right, especially through the thick fur. There was no way he could hurt anyone, or so Connor hopes. Halloween was nice-if Connor spoils that by causing him pain, he didn't know what he'd do.

"Right, let's go then," Rocket says, and relief floods Michael's chest. Thank the goddess, no more dicking around, waiting with bated breath for something to happen inside of a cramped house littered with broken glass. He cannot wait for the chance to stretch his legs again, especially if it meant ditching this dreary city. "Follow me." Both Halloween and the dragon set off at a quick pace, something Michael was more than happy to see, and despite the shortness of his legs he keeps up with the Arcanine well enough. The strength of his body pushes against the pavement, and the wind brushes through his matted coat, giving a joyous sparkle to his green eyes. You haven't been this way in a long time. It feels so good to be on the move once more, as if someone has released him from his cage. There were several turns made throughout their city run, and Michael doesn't bother to memorize them, but it was not long before they reached the other group.

Michael cocks his head upon seeing the newcomer, an injured Lucario, something he is certainly not used to seeing. Rocket practically seethes at the sight of them, the dragon's irritation practically flowing off of him in waves. "Wha-- I told you guys to wait at the gate!" Welp, somebody's gone and fucked up. Yeah, no shit. Michael hopes this burst of temper won't include the rest of them, the ones who have not been sitting in the middle of hostile territory...while injured, no less. Though it would certainly be interesting to see Halloween and Rocket duke it out...hmm...who would win that? Both of them were matched for strength and speed, and he is not yet used to how they fight.
    "Name's Halloween. Don't hurt my kids." Michael grins and holds back a snicker, all while he thinks of how they still haven't figured out that he's not exactly young. Not evolving sure is a bitch, hmm? Being an Arcanine is looking more appealing by the minute, if only to shut that voice up for another few seconds. Already Michael feels a pulse of pain building in the back of his head again.

"For fuck's ...y'know what? It doesn't matter." Finally. I've had my fill of pointless bickering.
    Yes, because you've never pointlessly argued before. Fucking dumbass.
    Shut the hell up. If it was me in charge, pup, we'd have this group bent to our will by daybreak-
    Oh, sure we would. Great joke, tell it again.
    Luckily, Rocket provides another distraction from the resident fuckhead living in his brain. "Come on. Let's try this way," he says as takes off down a street that was dotted with streetlamps and nowhere near "spacious". Not that they really need spacious, but...he spared a glance at Halloween and immediately catches on to the meaning of the Arcanine's gesture. "You got it, boss," Michael says quietly before he follows after the dragon.

Connor watches the others without a word, his ears perking as he spots the Sylveon again. So pretty! The pink and white fur, the light ribbons that were surely as soft as lace...Connor has only seen this Eeveelution one other time, when Penelope was still with him, but he's never gotten a chance to ask how they evolve. I wouldn't mind being one, Connor thinks, wondering how his sister would react to seeing him in an entirely new form. Would she recognise him at all?
    "You doing alright, Connor?" Halloween asks, and Connor nods quickly before remembering that the canine cannot see him doing that. Red-hot embarrassment fills his cheeks, and he stammers out a response. "Y-yes, yes, I'm okay." The Eevee goes quiet again for a minute. Halloween was older and very smart; surely he knows a lot about Pokemon and evolution, more than Connor anyways. "Um, M-Mister Halloween...how do Sylveon evolve?"

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:43 am

[ooc: i lost my post 6 times now because my laptop keeps blue screening for a reason i can't fucking comprehend and it's nearing 1am, so, please skip me. fran just more or less follows rocket's lead.

also i can't seem to locate rocket's prof. image file on this laptop but when i do i'll send it over to you asap night--it seems cubeupload's having serious server problems and are unable to load their hosted images...]
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:23 am

Hearthome City | Late Afternoon | 20

"Yes… that would be preferable.  At least you seem to have your wits about you… that FUCKING dragon is a menace… far too eager to kill. I don’t trust him for one moment."  Valentine's face remains passive, but inwardly, his heartbeat picks up.  Was he?  He seemed... paranoid, but not terrible when he spoke to him before.  In the heat of battle where Valentine was used to do or die, he'd been focusing on only himself unless certain things grabbed his attention, like Francesca's cries.  Had Rocket done something wrong?  Valentine had ignored huge chunks of other parts of the fight in favor of concentrating on his own...  "His aura is… not stable. So yes… we should indeed talk, and about more than you’re likely intending to."

Not stable?  A Lucario would be able to tell that, yes, but... is ANYONE'S aura stable these days?  Too many questions, too much to think about; they swirl around his brain.  What to chew on first?

The dragon returns, speak of the fucking devil.  "Wha-- I told you guys to wait at the gate!"

Oh.  Right.  Fuck.  He had said that.  At least Valentine could take comfort in knowing he wasn't the only one who fucked up on this one.

"For fuck's ... y'know what? It doesn't matter." He waves a claw as if physically swatting away the irritation.. "Just get a move on and keep quiet."

Before the fairy can speak, the dragon is bolting off down a path.  "Come on. Let's try this way."

Try?  I TOLD him where to go-- fuckit; that should still lead us out.  And so he takes off after him.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]||[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]19 Badges[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    little fairy

R'hia Kyrie
    R'hia Kyrie
    Elite
    Elite

Post by R'hia Kyrie Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:59 pm

Hearthome City | Late Afternoon | 7

Polnareff could see his words affecting the Eeveelution quickly. Though not in an expected way- Valentine seemed wary, but not sure. Had he not seen what the dragon had done? “You don’t know? He killed a-“

"Wha-- I told you guys to wait at the gate!" Polnareff’s eye twitches once, and quite obviously so. Partially due to the fact that the bastard was back, partially due to the fact that his timing could not have been more coincidentally inconvenient!

“Ok, well again, I am not exactly in any good condition, so sorry. I highly doubt that flying fuck got much of anywhere anyways. I shattered ribs, his aura looked like he was moments from being out of the damn door… if anything they should be finding a damn body, and good fucking riddance!” He scowled at the dragon a bit, before noticing the rather large pokemon accompanying him- an Arcanine.

"Name's Halloween. Don't hurt my kids." Holy shit, kids? Wait… one kid. One of them was older, but not evolved. Oh well, it could still be his actual son, seeing they shared species. Either way, someone protecting and raising kids in this hell… and seemingly doing well? Too early to tell, but Halloween had earned this Lucario’s respect.

”Call me Polnareff. And I wouldn’t dare… nor will I let anyone else do so.” He’d be damned if he lets another child get hurt… The dragon was barking orders. Polnareff bullheadedly offers no further responses, and moves closer to the Sylveon for now- burned hand on the side closest to him, so that if nothing else he may examine it.
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:17 pm

Hearthome City/Evening (86)

This Lucario just did not know when to shut the fuck up.

“Ok, well again, I am not exactly in any good condition, so sorry. I highly doubt that flying fuck got much of anywhere anyways. I shattered ribs, his aura looked like he was moments from being out of the damn door… if anything they should be finding a damn body, and good fucking riddance!”

"Oh will you just keep - your - damn - mouth - shut!" Rocket hissed over his shoulder as he ran. "You want them to hear us? You've already fucked things up for us once - I'm not gonna be too impressed if you do it again, got it?"

He could not wait to be out of this city so he could tell this mouthy little shit exactly what he thought of him and his 'morals'. To hell with morals; the other side were hardly concerned about them, so why should he be? He'd tear them all to ribbons with his bare claws if it meant nobody else got hurt or killed. He would never, ever let anybody down again.

Rocket skid to a halt at the end of the street, took a brief look around and then carried on down a path to the right. Surely they were almost there...? It hadn't looked to be that far from where they were before. As soon as they were out they could finally breathe. As odd as it sounded, Rocket actually missed the undead; at least they were predictable and had no control over their actions. These assholes, on the other hand...

Speak of the devil. A squawk from overhead indicated they were being followed. Rocket looked up to see the same Swellow from before, circling high above their heads before doing a u-turn and speeding back into town. Rocket growled under his breath; no doubt he was off to tell his buddies where they were. They needed to hurry.

"That guy's one of them; I saw him before," he told the group. "Step on it - they'll be coming soon." He couldn't help but feel another battle was on the way ... one that he would make sure none of the others were involved in.
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:37 pm

[I'm sorry to do this, but skip.]

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:46 pm

Hearthome City| |Evening

The moment the Lucario opens his mouth, Francesca finds her breath snag in her throat. She could almost feel the sarcasm dripping from his words. “Ok, well again, I am not exactly in any good condition, so sorry. I highly doubt that flying fuck got much of anywhere anyways. I shattered ribs, his aura looked like he was moments from being out of the damn door… if anything they should be finding a damn body, and good fucking riddance!”

And of course, as she expects, Rocket's hissed response is quick and sharp. "Oh will you just keep - your - damn - mouth - shut! You want them to hear us? You've already fucked things up for us once - I'm not gonna be too impressed if you do it again, got it?" Though she feels air finally slithering out of her in a deep exhale, it takes all her power to stop herself from dragging a hand down her face.

Better to have kept that mouth shut... She keeps her commentary to herself, instead briefly rolling her eyes as she diligently follows the Garchomp. No point in pissing off an already-pissed dragon...

The silence itself is threatening. Rocket's sudden stop and brief survey before heading off into another direction stirs worry in her--is he sure of where he's going? She has little time to consider the possibilities when a birdcall sounds overhead, causing her to twist and look upwards. All she sees is a mass of white and blue feathers speeding off in the opposite direction--on it's way to bring them hell.

"Step on it - they'll be coming soon."

She doesn't need directions to know what to do, already whipping around to face their original direction. "Right," is her only response, a swift nod and narrowing of eyes as she starts to hurry, barely casting a glance behind her.
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:18 am

Hearthome City | Late Afternoon | 21

This is not going to go well.  Not two minutes into their interactions and already, the Lucario and dragon despise one another.

"Ok, well again, I am not exactly in any good condition, so sorry.  Good god, shut up.  If the dragon is actually dangerous pissing him off is a bad idea!  I highly doubt that flying fuck got much of anywhere anyways. I shattered ribs, his aura looked like he was moments from being out of the damn door… if anything they should be finding a damn body, and good fucking riddance!"  

This is promptly followed by (what else) the dragon telling him to shut his mouth.  Well... yeah.  Now is not the time or place to snipe.  As annoyed as he is at the canine, another soon steals his attention-- a massive Arcanine.  "Name's Halloween. Don't hurt my kids."

Duelly noted.  Valentine wouldn't want to anyway, but their huge guardian should serve well in deterring anyone who would.

A birdcall sounds from above, sending Valentine's heart hammering harder  "That guy's one of them; I saw him before.  Step on it - they'll be coming soon."

But... why?

If you're tailing someone, and you want to return to warn your group where the people you were shadowing are going... why make a sound?  Why alert the ones you're stalking to your presence?

... Unless... you WANT them to know...

Something is about to go very wrong.

little fairy

R'hia Kyrie
    R'hia Kyrie
    Elite
    Elite

Post by R'hia Kyrie Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:57 pm

[OOC: Skip. I'm sorry, but I just got called in 4 hours early for black friday work, don't think I'll be able to post in time even with the thanksgiving extension. In my mind I had Polnareff thinking about the possible next moves for the enemy to take, and headed up the rear of the group thanks to his injuries.]
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:39 am

Hearthome City [South Gate]/Evening (87)

They were running out of time. That Swellow would be back with his buddies any second now. No doubt he knew where they were headed; Rocket wouldn't be surprised to find an ambush waiting for them at the gate. The dragon gritted his fangs as he ran, the feeling another fight was on the way growing stronger every second.

Every step felt like an eternity, but minutes later he saw it - the crumbled remains of the building that led out into the wilderness. Their way out of this hellhole was within their sight - Rocket would only pray that the exit was clear; the building certainly looked as though it'd seen better days.

"Here it is." Rocket skid to a halt outside the gate, leaning on a tree to try and catch his breath. "You -- you guys head on in, see if it's safe. I'll keep watch out here." His amber eyes glared out over the streets, the skies, the rooftops, looking for any hints of movement. The first thing to show its face would have it ripped off.
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:20 am

Hearthome City| |Evening

"Here it is." Their ragtag group finally stops at worn building--figures, it's the apocalypse--and Rocket is quick to give his orders. "You -- you guys head on in, see if it's safe. I'll keep watch out here."

Francesca doesn't even bother giving the exterior of the gate a lookover, sight dead set on the skies above them for any sign of life--any subtle movements, specks of colour. There's nothing, for now. She feels the abyss of her stomach churn in anticipation. A fight is, surely, inevitable; but what of its magnitude? How many Pokemon? Will they be able to survive without any casualties? How many new wounds will she gain this time? The Krookodile herself is still in the process of healing; how good will she be in another fray?

The swarm of questions in her mind is scattered by the Arcanine's words. "Anyone want to come with me?" Glancing over to the massive canine, Francesca finally properly turns to the building, casting a brief look back to Rocket before nodding.

"Mm. Let's go," her reply rumbles from her throat, already heading towards the building's entrance. "Let's get out of this shit city."
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:38 pm

Hearthome City | Late Afternoon | 22

"Here it is."

Fucking hallelujah.  About time the universe let them have a break.  Now to see if it sticks.

"You -- you guys head on in, see if it's safe. I'll keep watch out here."

Halloween catches his attention next as the great furry creature addresses the ones hitching a ride on his back.  "Ride's over." He gently deposits the Eevee before turning to Valentine and Polneraff.  For a moment Valentine holds his breath-- that Arcanine is huge.  Thankfully, what he has to say isn't aggressive.  "Anyone want to come with me?"

Maybe he should.  Anything to be away from the dragon and canine's bickering.  Besides, if he's going to be with these people awhile, he should get to know them.  And befriending the giant one is probably a good idea.

On the other hand, the dragon might be able to use help covering the others' backs.

... But he did say to leave.  Hmm.  He should at least extend the offer.  Yes, that would be the right thing to do, right...?  He glances at the dragon.

On the other hand... staying here felt like a bad idea.  Polneraff and the dragon, once the dust settled, would do nothing but fight.  Halloween does not look like anyone whose bad side he wants to be on, which could prove dangerous if he chose the wrong person to side with.  Francesca is a powerhouse in her own right, too; he doesn't really want to fight her, either.

Maybe, once again, the best solution would be to leave.  

Maybe he just wasn't meant to be a part of a group.  The idea settles into the pit of his stomach and sprouts, spreading sick emptiness.

We're out of the city now.  If I'm gonna leave, it should be now.  I helped guide them out, and I'm not here for a civil war.  I've fulfilled my obligations.

He turns to Halloween.  "Actually, I'm going to hit the road.  I have a human to find, and I'm not dealing with the Lucario and the dragon fighting.  Watch the Lucario; he's come into contact with an undead recently.  I don't smell any sickness on him, so I think he's clean, but just in case, watch him."  He dips his head to him and Francesca.  "Best of luck to all of you.  Maybe we'll get to meet again."

And, with one final glance over his shoulder, he darts into the trees.

(Leaving post.)

little fairy

R'hia Kyrie
    R'hia Kyrie
    Elite
    Elite

Post by R'hia Kyrie Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:25 pm

Hearthome City | Evening | 8

Polnareff struggled to keep up, but was growing accommodated to his wounds if nothing else. He kept quiet, looking around with a significant amount of suspicion. Assuming that the flying type they spotted was indeed from the malicious group before, why the hell would it announce its presence? Rocket spewed more garble from his maw towards Polnareff, whom cared very little to hear it at the moment.

"You -- you guys head on in, see if it's safe. I'll keep watch out here." The dragon was huffing and puffing, right alongside Polnareff. Try as he might, he couldn’t keep himself fully upright. He looked down to the gash in his side- looked like the bleeding had mostly stopped, only trickling thanks to the heavy running immediately before this. He kept a paw over it, maintaining pressure, just in case…

"Anyone want to come with me?" Polnareff looked over to the building- a few chances presented themselves to him. Find some sort of healing item, or a berry. Anything would suffice at this point. He gave a soft nod, but before he spoke, Francesca got the first reply.

"Mm. Let's go," Ok, more support, the Sylveon could stay outside with the Garchomp. If nothing else, Valentine was likely on better standings with him any-

"Actually, I'm going to hit the road.  I have a human to find, and I'm not dealing with the Lucario and the dragon fighting.  Watch the Lucario; he's come into contact with an undead recently.  I don't smell any sickness on him, so I think he's clean, but just in case, watch him." Are you fucking kidding? That’s not something you just yell out when there’s a scumbag dragon, a protective canine, and a seemingly already displeased krookodile around!!

”Are you fuckin’ kidding me? I TOLD you it was a LIVE Snubull! Not a single trace of purple on the bastard!" Great. He had just done this, what, ten damn minutes ago? He kept his voice as down as possible, but was in yet another predicament here. He took a step back, making sure he was facing the entire party, though his back was towards the open streets and a couple of buildings… Before, Francesca was the only heavy threat, but now not only were numbers against him, but there was someone capable of fire attacks. He knew for damn sure he wouldn’t be pulling any escape tactics- he’d be caught and put down in a flash. Pol drops the defensive pose, sighing with a good amount of exhasperation. He lifts the hand burnt from the bite, presenting it as clearly as possible. “Here, look as long as you like. Happened probably… 6 hours ago? Before I even arrived in the city.” If nothing else, Valentine had vouched for him, hopefully that meant something. He wished them luck, before turning around. "Yeah. Stay alive." A bit gruff in his statement; he WAS still pissed about being called out like that. But he was sincere- the Eeveelution was a good ‘mon. Better stay alive…
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:05 pm

Hearthome City [South Gate]/Evening (88)

Rocket said nothing as Val left, glaring after the Eeveelution with contempt. Of all the times to leave, why now? The idiot was just going to get himself killed by the gang. Good riddance, Rocket figured; what bastard went and left his group when they needed him the most? Fuck you too, then.

He finally felt his breath coming back as Halloween and Francesca headed inside the rubble to check for danger. Rocket was beginning to feel that there wasn't much time left; strange scents flickered at his senses on the breeze, warning him of the trouble that was to come. He stood up tall, his head risen towards the darkening sky as he listened for signs; his eyes scanning over every rooftop, every street.

It wasn't long until he heard it - claws clattering across the tiled roofs; feet pounding; wings whipping at the wind. Rocket didn't move a muscle until he saw the first of them skid round one of the corners and sprint in their direction, followed by a least half a dozen others.

"No time!" Rocket called. He began frantically ushering them all towards the rubble. "Here they come. You guys head on through. I'll see if I can keep them busy long enough to find a safe place." All he could do was hope that the remains of the roof had managed to avoid the exit, or they were all screwed. Thankfully, he was certain he'd last long enough for them to find out. One thing was for sure at least; he was not losing again.

"Go on, go. I'll come find you later! Go!"
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:53 pm

Hearthome City | Evening
    (16) (10)

"They evolve through affection, similar to Umbreon and Espeon, but more love, I think." Oh, that makes sense! Penelope told him about Umbries and Espies once; did that mean he could become a Sylveon too? Connor knows his sister loves him, no matter what, and maybe Halloween does too. As they mean forward, Connor wonders when he would be able to evolve and have ribbons too; the thoughts make him barely able to focus on what anyone else is saying. The Eevee is oddly at ease because of it, though. When they eventually do arrive at a new building, Connor is surprised when Halloween crouches down; it was over already? His heart falls only a little as he jumps out back onto the pavement, his aching paws not liking the transition. Ow..."Anyone want to come with me?" Connor's eyes go from Halloween to the crumbling building. Was it really safe to go in there? He doesn't want his friend getting hurt by the building's collapse, or...or himself. His ears again practically flatten to the sides of his head; Connor doesn't like this place, but the city was frightening too.

"I'll go," Michael says, and states his answer without a hint of hesitation. It is well past time to be out of this hellish city, and he certainly isn't dancing with ideas of crawling back to where the Swampert and his pals hang out. The pink Eeveelution, however, is having other ideas about sticking around. That is, he's not going to. "Actually, I'm going to hit the road.  I have a human to find, and I'm not dealing with the Lucario and the dragon fighting.  Watch the Lucario; he's come into contact with an undead recently.  I don't smell any sickness on him, so I think he's clean, but just in case, watch him." Oho. It'd be fun to have an infected running amok, yes? Michael narrows his eyes at the Lucario, and wonders how easy it is to catch the sickness. If they have to put him down...well, that is not any skin off ol' Mikey's back. Infected are infected, and any chance of the illness going around is not one any group should take. Living is their only priority for now. Well, that, and for Mike, finding his long-lost Minccino...Goddess help him.
    "Are you fuckin’ kidding me? I TOLD you it was a LIVE Snubull! Not a single trace of purple on the bastard!"
    "Goddess above, shut your mouth," Michael growls; this idiot is not yet shouting, but that doesn't mean nobody is going to hear him. Hell, it is definitely starting to look as if this guy isn't worth the trouble of keeping around. Maybe...maybe it wouldn't be so hard to take on a Lucario, especially one that's already wounded, tired, and gifted with an inherent weakness to fire. Do it, Mikey. Do it for the rest of them. You know you want to.
    Maybe the Sylveon is the one with the right idea. There's still someone I have to find, too...

Connor looks on mournfully as the Sylveon bounds away. Don't go! But...if he wants to find someone important, Connor understands. Penelope is still missing after all; his sister has to be okay, but he still worries. Was she feeling lonely without him there? He wishes she would have told him why she had to leave, but it's too late now.
    "No time!" Rocket suddenly shouts, and Connor instinctively sticks to Halloween's side as the dragon ushers them along. What was happening? Are they in trouble? His heart can't take much more fighting and cruel Pokemon, not after this hectic and terrifying day. "Here they come. You guys head on through. I'll see if I can keep them busy long enough to find a safe place." B-but...Rocket has to come too! He couldn't fight everyone alone; even though he is scary, Connor doesn't want him to be hurt either. There's nothing the Eevee can do, though, as they are forced to keep going through the building he had been so afraid of.

"Go on, go. I'll come find you later! Go!"
    Don't go, Rocket...please.

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:26 am

Hearthome City| |Evening

The sudden turn of events causes the Krookodile to take a pause, furrowing her gaze down at the Sylveon. Leave? Now? She's not sure if the fairy-type has a death wish—or maybe he intends to just keep himself safe. If that's the case, she can't be angry; self-preservation is a priority in this hell, regardless of how heartless it is or not. Dipping his head, the eeveelution makes a quick goodbye before dashing for the trees. "Best of luck to all of you. Maybe we'll get to meet again."

”Are you fuckin’ kidding me? I TOLD you it was a LIVE Snubull! Not a single trace of purple on the bastard!" Polnareff, clearly displeased with what the Sylveon exposed, gives an angry outburst. Something Francesca can't bother to care about.

She turns back towards the building with a roll of her eyes. "Stop talking start walking—discussion can be had when we're not in immediate fucking danger," her low mutter has more venom in it than she intends, briskly trudging through the derelict entrance of the gate. Rough terrain's never a problem for her—easily stepping through rubbles and maneuvering around holes in the dirty flooring.

Rocket's voice echoes from behind her, and so does the sound of oncoming battle. "No time! Here they come. You guys head on through. I'll see if I can keep them busy long enough to find a safe place." Although the orders are clear, the ground-type hesitates briefly, glancing back to the dragon. "Go on, go. I'll come find you later! Go!"

Concern is obvious on her expression, squinted eyes expressing unease at Rocket's decision to stay alone to fend their enemies off. With a moment of hesitation she responds, attempting to keep her tone a little more lighthearted. "You better, Rocket!" She calls with a firm nod. "Don't you dare go dying on us."

Immediately, she sets herself forward—making her way as quickly as possible past drywall and clumps of concrete. With a heave of her arms, she shifts any larger obstructions out of the way for the others following behind, shoving them to the side as much as possible without wasting too much time. The exit should be just up ahead—their chance at survival.

And it has to be fucking blocked.

The exit itself it still intact, that much she can tell from her first glance at a distance. What the problem is, however, is the massive chunk of what was once probably part of the roof or walls obscuring their way out.

Francesca takes no time to get to work, clambering towards it and positioning herself against the obstacle's side, testing its weight. "Motherfucker," she hisses under her breath, gritting her teeth before attempting to push it out of the way. Her body pulses with pain from her previous injuries at her attempt, only managing to budge the concrete a few centimetres to the side.

Cursing her wounds and lackluster condition, she looks up at the others. "Quick—who's good at breaking boulders?" We don't have much time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:58 am