Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+16
Nightfall
Abysswalker
Kaze
CelestialSeren
Alhoon
Duma
NyraXerz
Silverishness
Snitch
renegade
Min
Jay
SkeletonCupcake
Scizor
Suicune
Negative10
20 posters

(ACE) The STARK Team

Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

(ACE) The STARK Team  - Page 13 Empty Re: (ACE) The STARK Team

Post by Min Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:02 pm

[OOC: Skip me, please! I can't think of much for Olive to do other than stay put and hold on for dear life. VuV;;]
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    The Survival Ar
    ea | Afternoon
    Nikora 3 | George 3

The male Growlithe gasped for air with each breathe, his eyes looking dimly at the Ninetales but really searched for something much farther away. Im sorry, Nikora.. He sighed to himself, heart pining to chase after his girl who was slowly getting further and further away. As another hard bout of coughing wrecked his small body the Puppy Pokemon was forced back to his present position. His new companion was giving a valiant effort in attempts to free them, nine strong forces of Iron, though it seemed to be in vain as the branch refused to give in. "Damn it..." As angry as she seemed George couldn't help but commend her. "It was a good try." But praise at this moment wasn't going to be very helpful.

Staring at the bright flames he attempted to make a plan himself. Could use Flame Wheel.. climb over it.. make it through without too much damage.. Something about the thought didn't seem to add up and numbly anchored the pups paws to the hot, dry ground. He scowled slightly and groaned, feeling the heat within his thick orange fur. Suddenly the Growlithe jerked slightly on his paws, feeling off balanced and dazed, his attention slipping away. Sky blue eyes searched for something to focus on only to see the Ninetales furiously digging beneath their trapper. "Good idea." He yelped cheerfully though his voice has little strength to it. The joy was sort lived as her body nether disappeared or emerged back from the hole. "Nononononononono!" The writhing only worried the male further. Was there something on the other side or was she stuck in the cramp condition. Is it the branch still?

Pacing about the back of the hole George attempted to make another plan. Giving the oddly colored Pokemon a good shove seemed like a good idea but if the branch was still blocking her path it wouldn't be any help. The strength in his body was slowly being drained and if he didn't act quickly and get out of the inferno he knew what was to come. Like all the causalities of that day.. A shiver ran down his spine while he set himself to work. As quickly as his wide, clawed paws could move the Growlithe shoveled the dirt away from one side of the Ninetales. Slowly he worked his way deeper and made the hole wider. Even if it didn't bring them closer to the other side at least it could free her from a fire filled death. "Try pushing to the left" He instructed, still bringing pawful after pawful of dirt out of the dip in the ground. Head spinning with smoke he sneezed on the putrid air. "Let me try digging.." He suggested meekly. Maybe he could get around whatever was preventing her.

The lightening strike terrified the fleeing female, effectively causing her to jump to the side with a loud yelp. The sound of the crashing tree behind her only brought the thought of George home. The same thing had happened to him, and she was leaving him! Leaving him behind in am inferno to burn to death. Unlike George though the Arcanine came bolting from behind the tree, safe. The Growlithe kept her eyes closed as much as she could, both to protect the grey-brown orbs from the light and smoke as well to prevent any tears from running free. He wouldn't tell me to leave if he wasn't going to be okay... he wouldn't let me go like that.. As hard as she tried Nikora knew that the only remedy to her pain would be having her mate beside her once more, safe and alive. He's running up to us now.. Hopefully..

Resolving to vainly keep herself busy the female locked her eyes on the thick tail of the Aggron she followed. Though his burly strong form made her apprehensive it the only thing that gave her comfort. He knew where to go, or at least seemed to, and the heavy trail he left could be followed by George. Beating her aching paws against the ground Nikora noted to herself to thank the steel type for being a savior. "Do you think he'll be alright?" She asked desperately to anyone who would answer. "We.. I, I left him back there.. I left him.." Air was becoming harder and harder to take in as her breathing turned to labored sobs.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:38 pm

(OoC - Skip, Sahara is just following Smith. If I'm out of turn, sorry lol, the Harb thread says its my turn.)
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:14 pm

Survival Area/Afternoon (33)

Smith's bad mood only worsened when the falling tree trunk missed Sahara.

The Aggron trudged along at a pace that was rather quick for him, swiping foliage aside and tossing uprooted saplings away as he made his way back towards his mountain. He would be glad to be back among the rocks and huge caverns that his species loved. The only sad part was that he was stuck with this bunch of kids ... and her.

That bitch's facade wasn't fooling him, and he still had a right mind to give her a good thrashing for betraying them all. The fact that she was a female did not matter - a traitor was a traitor. The only reason he hadn't broken her neck by now was because of the group of newcomers; while bad-tempered and bitter, he was no murderer, and didn't want the newbies to think that they'd been saddled with a maniac. They had - it just wasn't him.

The smoke was beginning to fade by the time they reached the edge of the forest. Past the last few trees lay an expanse of ash and rock, huddled together in a large canyon at the foot of the mountain. Glad to be nearing his home, Smith picked up his pace, eager to claim back what was rightfully his.

"Do you think he'll be alright?" said a small voice from his side. Smith glanced down to see the female Growlithe glancing nervously over her shoulder. "We.. I, I left him back there.. I left him.." Puzzled for a moment, Smith eventually realised that she meant the male who was with her before. Blinking down at the small canine, the Aggron's expression hardened.

"That ain't my problem," he grumbled, sweeping up a dust cloud with a swing of his tail as he carried on. "Yer were all there when I found yer, an' I told yer all ter keep up, didn't I? Besides, if he's yer friend, why did yer leave him?" His expression now quizzical, Smith continued to stare at her. "Nobody was makin' yer come with me."
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:06 pm

Survival Area || Afternoon

((ooc: I'm going to skip Zephyr for this round.))

The twisted twigs and branches of the dying tree do little to impede the ninetales' progress. They snare and pull at her long fur painfully, but the adrenaline coursing through her veins makes that pain a worry only for future Katyusha. She had dug furiously yet was too anxious and miscalculated how large the hole would need to be to fit her body--all nine tails--through. She desperately claws at the dry dirt on the opposite side out of instinct, but her movements are too erratic, too hectic to make a real effort in freeing herself.

Out of the corner of her consciousness she can feel something shift beside her. Furious paw shifting and churning dirt...panting, flames, everything happening at once clouds the kitsune's thoughts. What is unmistakable however is the loosening of the ground trapping her. Calling together the scattered remains of her willpower Katyusha stops struggling. Slow, but shallower breath than she intended leave her muzzle in an attempt to calm down.

"Try pushing to the left."

It takes a moment for the meaning of the words to register. Once they do the gray-furred vulpine uses what strength she's retained to shove herself left. Dirt further crumbles and falls around her, but she can move.

"Let me try digging.."

She almost doesn't hear the words over the sound of the blaze and how weakly they were said. Either way, she can feel their owner's effects. As the fire-type besides her digs her form loosens more and more until she is able to dart forward through the branch 'netting.' The force from her haste propelling her forward into the base of the next nearest tree in a frazzled, but free state. Each tail swishes and strikes around anxiously as if they had minds of their own.

"T-t-that was a close one-" The words leave her between heavy pants as she gets back onto stable paws. Smoke increasingly fills her vision, but the shape of the struggling canine. Rushing back Katyusha pushes her long snout into the hole they had dug in an attempt to aid the other in pushing through as well.

"C-come on!" Nothing she does stops the word from coming out in a stutter. Her nerves are too frayed for anything else at the moment.

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:59 pm

[[OOC: sorry! skipping again. :c I'm having a really hard time writing for Olive aaa.... ;A;]]
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:50 pm

The Survival Ar
    ea | Afternoon
    Nikora 4 | George 4

Nikora felt as though her heart had been pierced and ripped in two by the intimidating Aggron's words. It wasn't how blunt they were they but the fact he spoke the raw, sick true. I left him to die by fire. Her sobbing stopped for a few moments as the Growlithes breath caught in her throat before changing to a soft, weeping whine. Why.. How could she of done that, leave him in the same situation that wiped out her clan so easily? Her aching hard felt as though it was going to explode along with a loud howl but the canine resisted as best she could, eyes locked firmly on the ground. How could I say I love him.. What kind of Pokemon leaves behind their Love to burn when she could of helped him?! Her paws pleaded to flee back to him, to beg forgiveness and have the only good thing in her life return to her safely, but something kept them set on the path they were walking.

Staring at the fire bright ground Nikora wondered how George was feeling. Abandoned.. hot.. heartbroken.. oh George forgive me. Was she so heartless that she actually thought leaving him trapped in an inferno was a good idea? Whats wrong with me..? There was no excuse for her actions or decent reason to her to stay behind with her new acquaintances other then burning shame and fear. The patheticness of herself made for quiet weeping, not even offering the steel type a reply as canine hung her head and followed the thick tail before her without protest. A cold hollowness filled her heart and mind in a way not even the blaze could warm.

As the Ninetales shifts and finally frees herself with his merger assistance George can't suppress an excited bark, fluffy tail wagging at the miniature victory. The irony of a fire type dying in a forest fire prodded his mind, something he could of laughed at if not for it already happening personally. With a shake of his furry head the Growlithe dismisses the thought and continues aiding in the digging until he watches the vulpine form beside him vanish in a blur of grey, red, and black. Faint sounds of scrabbling can be heard, hardly audible over the blast of the flames and crackling wood. "Yes!" He coos after her before heading into the hole himself.

Dry clumps of loose dirt and the spindly branches still attempted to barricade his escape as the Growlithe pressed his way though the more or less hole the Ninetales had left between them. Too bad her body was much more slender then his. As George pressed through he could feel the branches snagging and digging into his fur like claws. The heat of the fire above him was quickly becoming too much, giving him little energy even to fight for his life. Maybe this is ironic somehow.. For the first time in a long while, maybe since he was a pup, the canine felt and graciously accepted the tug of teeth on his scruff along with a gave him enough of a boost to pull free. "Thank you." He mutters, already panting and exhausted and as the choking smoke enters his lungs short bursts.

"C-come on!" "Yeah.. lets get out of here." He agrees, feeling the effects of the flames dangerously work their way into his body. In a hurry of paws he breaks into a run, unable to scent Nikora or any of the other voices owners over the smell of fire, smoke, and blazing vegetation. Luckily though the path she had taken, if she had taken it, remained rather clear as though something large had tromped straight through.  Im coming.. He willed in his mind that Nikora could hear his thought and let out a labored but decent howl.  "I think.. we're home free.. this time." He gasped out to the Ninetales, hoping that her spirits were as light as his despite the heated situation around them.
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:40 pm

((ooc: I will be skipping Zephyr. I am posting with permission from the admins to kill Mathilda out of turn. This will count as a harb.))

Katyusha fumbles backwards several steps as George is pulled free from the fallen tree. Her teeth release from his scruff as her eyes follow up with a quick survey of their surroundings. She was sure she had heard other voices before...to who they belonged she didn't know. A flash of purple catches her attention among the flames. Writhing and attempting to fight through the extended ring of fire that has arisen around the fallen tree. Another large branch from far above had fallen while they were struggling to escape the initial tree to trap the purrloin in the growing blaze. The smell of burning fur was already reaching Katyusha's nostrils as she leaps towards the feline. Her own flash fire protects her fur from the intensity of the fire, but this purrloin she'd--she's--

Before there is even a chance to call out, to try and free the dark-type a sickening crack is heard from overhead once again. Instinctively, the kitsune leaps backward and narrowly escapes being struck by another particularly large burning branch from above. A sudden rise in smoke and ash causes the ninetales to sputter and cough. Even once her coughing calms her voice cannot escape though her mouth hangs open in a silent scream. The purrloin, crushed by the fire...she never even learned her name, only that she had been attempting to help. //There was nothing I could have done, nothing I...// As if to respond to her thoughts her body automatically steps back away from the grisly scene of flowing blood, burning flesh and consuming flames.

"Thank-you."

Though the deafening noise of the blaze and the pounding in the ninetales' ears she barely hears the muttered words. Not that now is truly the time for words regardless. Her next move takes less than a second to plan with her current companion--to leave. Katyusha hesitates only a moment to make sure the growlithe can get to his feet before her own kick into action. Red tipped paws pound hard against the smoking ground to propel the fire-type through the blaze. Thankfully, something large had left a shallow trench through the burning forest for them to follow. However, despite the relatively clear path considering the fire's oppression remains. Bursts and roars of heat and flame were never far from the edge of their narrow path and only served to fuel the adrenaline already drenching the ninetales' system.

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:06 am

Survival Area | Afternoon (50) (9)

Dang, how far was stupid Stark Mountain?!
    Sahara was ready to fallout. Her world spun from blood loss, making her steps wobbly and erratic. No, she couldn't give up yet. She caught up to the group in enough time to hear Smith being a royal jerk to the little Growlithe. Did he just have a hatred for that evolutionary species or was he just crazy?
    Another howl sounded throughout the woods over the sound of the fire, but it wasn't Sahara. Though when the sound reached her ears, she instinctively howled back. After the Arcanine's cry quieted, she gave a pained cough. She should've saved that breath to keep herself breathing...

As Sahara marched on, a particular smell caught her attention. It smelled like... Oh god... It was unmistakable. That scent was the little purple cat. And she was... burning...
    It's my fault, isn't it? She didn't... didn't want anyone else to die. But thanks to her own fire-- her flames, someone had fallen in what must've been such a brutal death...

She quickened her pace until she was running, dashing around the others and in front of Smith. The cave came into view and the Arcanine was first to enter. Undead were crawling about everywhere. That was exactly what Sahara wanted.
    She crashed into the first one and knocked it down, tearing out it's throat. The next was a Numel, she crunched it's head beneath her paw and jumped over it's body. A Fearow was eating on a dead Pokémon, Sahara leapt onto it and broke it's neck on the spot.

A Gligar was her next victim. She ripped it limb from limb, carelessly tossing body parts left and right. She continued rampaging in the cave, making a bloody mess of herself. If they didn't before, they'd surely think she was a psycho now. She stood in the middle of the cave, panting with a wild glare in her eyes. Blood dripped from her mouth and soaked the fur on her chest.

"Keep moving, everyone." She murmured, turning on her heel and limping further into the cave.

((OoC - Lulu, you might wanna have Olive move to a different location on Sahara or to a different Pokémon cuz she's a blood soaked mess now lol. Poor Mathilda. :/))
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:10 pm

Route 227/Afternoon (34)

Smith was beginning to feel better now that he was out of that thick, claustrophobic forest and back where his kind thrived. The Aggron sniffed the warm, dusty air as he took in his surroundings. The terrain was rugged and harsh, with only small patches of foliage here and there. Tall, rocky hills sat ahead, obscuring all of Stark Mountain except for the summit. The afternoon sun flared down on them all, despite being covered with a low-lying, muddy brown cloud of volcanic dust.

"Keep up, you lot," Smith called over his shoulder as he continued on through the ashfield ahead. "Plenty o' places for 'em ter hide here." He knew where he was going - if he could just get everyone through the ashfield and over the to the cliffs on the other side, he reckoned they could get to the safety of the mountain before the storm caught up with them. Sparing a glance over his shoulder at the dark cloud following them, Smith shivered as a strong wind swept up a tornado of dust around them.

"What the--" Without warning, Sahara suddenly dashed past him and into a small cave off to the right. Huffing out profanities, Smith marched after her. By the time he reached the entrance, the Arcanine was standing in a puddle of foul-smelling, purple blood. "Keep moving, everyone," she muttered, turning to go in deeper.

"First off, it ain't that way," Smith growled, his giant form casting a monsterous shadow on the wall in front of them. "Second, I'm the one who's guidin' yer. Yer clearly don't know the first thing about this place. Why don't yer listen to the one who used ter fuckin' live here, eh?"

Not bothered whether she followed or not, Smith hauled himself back round to face everyone else. "It's just across this field - there's a tunnel I dug tha' goes right into the heart of the mountain. I ain't gonna lie to yer - there were undead there last time I was there, but if we can clear 'em out, it's our best bet for survivin' the storm. It's coming in from the sea, so it's gonna be a nasty one."

Smith pointed to a particularly large rock formation in the distance. "It's over there. I reckon if we get a move on, we can beat the storm. But if yer comin'," his blue eyes latched onto everyone else's in turn, "yer gotta pull yer weight. No pissin' around, got it? Now let's move." Immediately on the move again, Smith clanked along, leaving footprints as big as rubber tires behind him.

"How many of yer are there?" he murmured, briefly stopping and turning back. "One, two - the Zubat lass - three ... wha' happened to the Purrloin? Mathilda, was it?"

((I don't know if anyone knows, but I am now the leader of this team. I've been meaning to get round to the team sheet about that, lol))
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:36 pm

Survival Area| |Afternoon

The Zubat clutched the Arcanine's fur with all her might, gritting her teeth as canine's speed threatened to rip her away from her savior. She shuddered, ears flat against her head as the smoke only became thicker. Among the cinders and ashes, though, the tiny bat could smell something. Something burning, but it was not the same as the trees lit aflame. Small crackles and pops accompanying the nauseating scent of singed fur and charred flesh. She could feel Sahara hesitate, and Olive quietly deduced that there was something, something that used to be alive, burning.
             The thought nearly made her retch.
        She was almost thankful for the fire-type's sudden burst of speed, sprinting farther and farther away from the deathbed. The powerful bounds and leaps and the sound of shredding skin made the Zubat curl up into a ball, attempting to block out the noises as warm, thick liquid splattered onto her fur. It smelled almost like copper, sharp--it was blood. She almost wished she had never been curious about the outside world, wished she never dared to venture out. Above all, she was grateful that she couldn't see. She was sure that if she could, she wouldn't be able to live any longer.
        "Keep moving, everyone." Olive didn't reply, only quietly unfolding herself and slowly crawling towards a less-bloodied area on the dog, her speed hindered by the thick blood caked on her body. Eventually Olive rested on top of the female's back. She couldn't smell the thick smoke anymore, and with the damp and dusty scent she gave a weak smile. They were back in the cave.
        "First off, it ain't that way," she tensed at the voice, but relaxed when she remembered who he was. Smith. "Second, I'm the one who's guidin' yer. Yer clearly don't know the first thing about this place. Why don't yer listen to the one who used ter fuckin' live here, eh?" she winced at the harsh voice.
        "Please don't fight," her voice was gentle, quiet, almost inaudible as she angled her head downwards. "I...I think I've had enough for today."
        "It's just across this field - there's a tunnel I dug tha' goes right into the heart of the mountain. I ain't gonna lie to yer - there were undead there last time I was there, but if we can clear 'em out, it's our best bet for survivin' the storm. It's coming in from the sea, so it's gonna be a nasty one." she gave an absent nod, before frowning.
        "Undead are those weird, angry monsters that are all over the place, right?" she asked. "What do they look like?" she could hear the Smith Pokemon counting their numbers, asking where Mathilda was. "O-Oh..." she choked, recalling the scent back near the burning corpse. "...Her name was Mathilda..."
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:35 pm

The Survival Ar
    ea | Afternoon
    Nikora 5 | George 5

The sick and familiar scent of flaming fur caused a ripple to pass through the pups spine and stomach. George's paws stumbled for a few moments before he regained control over them from the dark memories that started to surface. Nikora is safe, fire can't do that to her.. Unsureness crept into his mind, only pushing his wide, clawed paws to move even faster.
    Churning the crumbling soil with the hard beat of his paws the Growlithe forced his weakening body to follow a dipped path in the ground. Something had moved here and the faint, sweet scent of Nikora clung to the air. But over the smoke and the smell he tried to focus on another scent penetrated his senses: fear. She was so scared, so terrified and he wasn't there to comfort her. There wasn't enough clean air for him to get off another howl, there wasn't a way to tell her the death wasn't him..

She could feel her heart break. The smell. That awful, awful smell that had flooded her senses so long ago was back. It was faint but it was there, it was there and she couldn't make it go away. Burning fur and sizzle skin.. It couldn't be George, it couldn't! She had replied to his lovely howl, he couldn't of fallen from that.. Her whimpers were soft, nearly inaudible over the infernos roar. As the group came closer to a cave Nikora watched the Arcanine among them dart inside. The sickening sounds of death and fighting screamed back at her, freezing the Puppy Pokemons paws in placed as she stared blankly into the entrance. When it went silent she could hear a voice call back, "Keep moving, everyone." But she could not.

Flashes of memories passed rapidly over her eyes. Her clanmates running frantically from the fire that took her home. Many of them were dying, burning or bleeding. The cry of the bird who took Violet and the beast that trapped them in the Dark Cave. The endless darkness and fear from her time there. Water dripping and unseen danger.. But it was different now: she didn't have George this time. "I can't do this.." Her whisper barely managed to escape her trembling body. Slowly she felt herself giving into the pain inside and smoke around her. She didn't want to run or fight this anymore..
    "First off, it ain't that way," The powerful Aggrons roaring voice seemed to pound against her ears. It wasn't the cave, thank Entei and Arceus it wasn't in this cave. "Second, I'm the one who's guidin' yer. Yer clearly don't know the first thing about this place. Why don't yer listen to the one who used ter fuckin' live here, eh?" She might not of liked his tone but if he knew where they were going Nikora felt something inside her change. The Arcanine was kin but for now the Aggron was safety.

"It's just across this field - there's a tunnel I dug," Was all Nikora could catch of his next explanation. What little safety he was was already crumbling away. Without her consent the pups legs buckled, moving her closer to the ground. She didn't want to go into a dark tunnel. A dark tunnel with a fire raging outside it. It was like the awful cave but it would be smaller and oh she just couldn't handle this right now! "How many of yer are there? One, two - the Zubat lass - three ..." Were they going already? "Not without George!" She pleaded with a loud yelp, only half paying attention to what he was saying now. What if her mate couldn't find the tunnel? He would be trapped out here or worse, go into the cave and become lost. "What about George?" Echoed from behind her, instantly making the female rise and turn to see the ashy covered face of the one she loved. "Oh George!" She cried, pressing her muzzle into his thick fur.
    Suddenly, everything felt so much better. The heat of the fire was like snow compared to the comforting warmth of his orange fur. The smoke was like the smell of lavender, her eyes closed but could still see his beautiful blue eyes. George had made it. He had made it back to her, never leaving her like he had promised. "Don't scare me like that again.." She cried into his mane. "You know I wont." He cooed back softly.

"wha' happened to the Purrloin? Mathilda, was it?" George heard another voice say, a cool feeling of dread creeping over him. He looked away from his girl, mumbling, "Oh she.." Was that the.. casualty earlier? A shiver ran down his spine, making the Growlithe move closer to Nikora as the image of a flaming Purrlion danced in his mind. "Don't wait up for her." He muttered with a dark, flat tone to his voice. He didn't have the time to think about that now. Nikora's peace of mind was the only think in his thoughts.
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:56 pm

Route 227/Early Afternoon (35)

"Undead are those weird, angry monsters that are all over the place, right?" Smith was initially confused at the little voice coming from Sahara's back, but then he caught sight of the little Zubat clinging to her fur for dear life. "What do they look like?" Having come across countless of her kind in practically every cave he'd ever lived in during the second half of his life, her question didn't surprise him, but it did leave him reluctant to answer. Was there even time to describe how gross those things were before the storm hit them? Both impatient to get to the caves and not wanting to frighten the little Pokemon, Smith merely said, "It's probably best yer don't know, lass."

It was clear that Mathilda was no longer with them at that point, and nobody gave any helpful answers to his question. Assuming the worst, Smith hauled himself around and trudged on through the ashfield. "We ain't got time to go searchin'. Come on, we need to move."

"Not without George!"

"Oh fer fuck's sake!" Smith blurted angrily, now stomping ahead as quickly as he could without running. "There ain't time for that! That storm ain't gonna wait for us! Now come on before--"

"What about George?" Right on cue, the other Growlithe appeared from behind a cluster of rocks, and the two of them embraced. Accompanying him was a Ninetails-- or wait, was it a Zoroark? Smith decided that he didn't care, and impatiently waited for the lovers/siblings/friends/whatever to finish cuddling before clearing his throat loudly.

"That's lovely an' all, but for the last fuckin' time: we need to move. I'm tellin' yer, once that storm reaches this area, getting to the caves will be impossible. An' we need to get out of the open - we could be being watched for miles around." Not waiting for anyone else to cause a distraction, Smith carried on, coughing as a gust of wind swept up ash and dust from the ground into his face.

"And -- ack! -- and me name's Smith for those of yer who don't know," he wheezed over his shoulder.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:03 am

((OoC - Skip. Aah sorry, I cannot think of anything for Sahara to do besides follow along and grumble.))
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:35 pm

5 / 12

"What about George?"

It's not until the duo draws close enough to the group ahead for George to ask that the others come into view for the ninetales. The air was so choked with smoke, decay, burning flesh and the impending storm that she could barely scent the other group. However, the trench left in the ground from the aggron's tail left more than a suitable way to trail after.

"wha' happened to the Purrloin? Mathilda, was it?" Slowing to a stop not far from where the growlithe stops to greet his friend Katyusha uses the momentary break to look over the gathered survivors.

There were the two growlithes of course, one rather wounded arcanines--quite a few fire types here! Of course the aggron whom's trail they followed. And as her blue eyes sweep over them once again a patch of blue fur on the larger canine stands out. The ninetales' ears twitch as the zubat speaks in her gentle voice. However, the words are mostly lost to her ears.
    "That's lovely an' all, but for the last fuckin' time: we need to move. I'm tellin' yer, once that storm reaches this area, getting to the caves will be impossible. An' we need to get out of the open - we could be being watched for miles around."

That voice she does hear clearly.
    "And -- ack! -- and me name's Smith for those of yer who don't know," Flinching slightly at the sudden wheezing from the large pokemon the ninetales pushes herself to straighten up to be heard over the turmoil of the outside and previous events.
    "M-my name is Katyusha." She adds with an unintentional stutter to her voice. Dread seeping into her draining form once again as an earlier question bubbles to the surface of her mind.
    "T-there was a tree, weakened by the fire it-t," Before she has a chance to finish the thought herself the growlithe steps in with an admittedly cleaner way to state the same.
    "Don't wait up for her."
    The grey vulpine nods grimly in agreement, not much more need be said for everyone to understand what transpired...surely the scent could even speak for itself. A chilling reminder to the rage of the inferno trailing behind.
    "Is there a location within the mountain we are heading towards?"

Deeper within the cave, the uncertainty of the inferno was melting like a Popsicle in the summer heat. This was a bat's natural element. Despite never before being within this particular cave before Zephyr found his form easily dodging rocks walls and formations as he heads towards the smell of decay. The dried blood of the living on the swoobat's claws draws more than a few interested peeks from within the shadows, but his own overwhelming scent of infection tells the tale of no food to be found.

With the loss of uncertainty comes another wave of anger. Not only had the fiery canine nearly blasted him from the sky, but his precious meal from the land before now sits as a burning ash pile at ground zero for the inferno. Alone he can face the pocket of surviving pokemon. Not on equal ground either way. However...perhaps something within these caverns could.

Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Min Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:52 pm

Survival Area| |Afternoon

"Don't wait up for her." Olive choked, the deadpan tone of voice only causing her to shudder and hang her head, the smell of burnt fur still fresh in her mind. She could only imagine the pain of being devoured by a blaze, recalling how much it had hurt only to have a few small embers nip at her wings. The Zubat hurried to shoo the thoughts away, not wanting to be constantly reminded of the horrors of the outside world--but her efforts were futile; the name Mathilda was forever etched into her mind.
        "Is there a location within the mountain we are heading towards?" she shuffled to turn towards the voice, startled that she hadn't noticed the stranger before. They had introduced them self as Katyusha, and similar to Sahara, they smelled of faint coals and ash. The flying-type gave a steady nod to the female's question, angling herself back to the sound of Smith's heavy footsteps. "You lived here before, Mr. Smith?"
        "Oh, and, um, my name's Olive."
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:22 pm

The Survival Ar
    ea | Afternoon
    Nikora 6 | George 6

The male canine nuzzled his sweetheart without a care in the world for what the other Pokemon around him thought or the fire storm behind him. "That's lovely an' all, but for the last fuckin' time: we need to move. I'm tellin' yer, once that storm reaches this area, getting to the caves will be impossible. An' we need to get out of the open - we could be being watched for miles around." He snickered lightly to himself, unable to contain the smile now that all his anxiety had melted away. Someone was awful grouchy today! It was just a bit of a fire after all.. His own amusement brought a sour taste to the Growlithes mouth: a fire like this killed his clan, just ended an innocent life, and nearly took his. Lifes too short. He though bitterly, pressing his cheek into Nikora's with a false smile. Live it up, bud.

Nodding gently and with a spring in his step George fell into a pace with the battered looking Aggron. "Yeah, lets get out of here." He may of gotten up on the wrong side of the bed but he was still right, they needed to move. Nikora kept close to him, the tips of her pelt brushing the tips of his as they ran. "And -- ack! -- and me name's Smith for those of yer who don't know," Turning her dull brown eyes to his silvery head she felt her voice catch in her thought. But, but George is here.. I dont need to be nervous.. The thought wasn't enough and her voice came out as a soft, cracked whimper, "M-my names N-Nikora." George fell back until his muzzle was equal with hers. Nikora looked in his blue eyes, seeing the honest love and care reflect back in the orange glow. "My names George," He announced much more proudly, "And this is Nikora." He repeated her name less for the others clarity and more for the sweet feeling on his lips.

Nikora smiled for a moment, thankful to have him back by her side safe and sound before smoke filled her lungs once more. A thick bout of coughing wheezed from her muzzle, her strides faltering as she gasped for air. "S-smith, she asked with as much courage as she could muster, "How far is the tunnel?" The Aggron had just answered that question a minute or two ago but her thoughts were growing fuzzy, the knowledge of the distance lost to her. Another greyish cloud spewed from her maw as Nikora coughed. Was she going to die like her clanmates? Turning her gaze to the sky for a moment she could only stare in horror at the grey and black clouds.

((I apologize for the quality, Ive been at the vet all day..))
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:36 am

Survival Area | Afternoon (51) (10)

Sahara was still fuming. Why the heck did it matter where they freaking entered the caves, as long as they made it?! The old man was just trying to make her look stupid, she was sure. "Old codger. " She growled out loud. It didn't really matter to her who heard. "I've resided in these caves also." She just felt like making that clear, since she probably looked like an idiot.
    Drip. Drip. Drip.
    She felt water pelting her head. They were moving too slow, and the charcoal sky was preparing to release a downpour, dark clouds casting shadows upon their path.

Sahara's sensitive ears pricked in time to hear an Undead approaching her from behind. She whirled around and bared her fangs, standing tall and intimidatingly, and tail straight out behind her. "Hang on... Olive."
    The Undead Stantler rushed towards the canine with it's horns aiming for her throat. Sahara could only snicker darkly at the pathetic attempt. She slipped beside the Stantler and though she was seeing double from her injury, she caught one of the horns in her jaw, holding tightly as the Undead beast thrashed wildly. With a snap, the horn broke off and Sahara crunched it through it's skull. It fell limply onto the ground, rank blood spilling everywhere and offending Sahara's nose.

She staggered slightly, striped legs bracing the ground as if someone had used Earthquake. She felt good though. She couldn't very well melt Smith's brains then and there, so she needed some way to take out her aggression. That was a positive outlook; Zombie apocalypse equaled infinite ways to let out anger. She wasn't an optimist though. But she did have a lot of anger.
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:06 am

((ooc: Going to skip for the moment))

Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:10 pm

Route 227/Early Afternoon
    (S: 36: J: 1)
    Jude's current illusion: none

By the time Katyusha, George and Nikora had finished making their introductions, the wind had died down and Smith coughed up the last of the ash that had stuck to the back of his throat. He tried to make a note to keep his mouth closed as much as he could, but that seemed impossible judging by the number of questions hurling themselves at him from behind.

"Is there a location within the mountain we are heading towards?"
    "You lived here before, Mr. Smith?"
    "How far is the tunnel?"

Whirling himself around, Smith balled a fist and punched the palm of his other hand - better than breaking someone else's jaw. Except perhaps Sahara's. "Look," he growled after taking a moment to compose himself, "I'm tryin' my best here, a'right? Yes, we're heading as deep in as we can; yes, I lived here before the zombies turned up; and I don't know how far it is." He looked at Katyusha, Olive and Nikora in turn as he quickly answered their queries. "We'll get there when we get there, OK? Either come along, or, if yer have a better idea where ter go, speak up now. I'm all ears." The Steel-type folded his arms defiantly, daring anybody to try disagreeing with him.

"Old codger." It was faint, little more than a mutter, but Smith heard it. Snapping his head round to face Sahara, both of his fists clenched as he glared murderously at her. "What ... the..." He should've expected it from her, but here he was, trying so hard to keep this group of strangers safe from harm, and she still had the nerve to insult him so blatantly? Had it slipped her mind that she had been the one to back-stab him and work together with that murderer Gaear, thus being partially responsible for the death of Vale? And she was insulting him?

Smith was not having it.

Blinded by his rage, only faintly aware of just how dangerously close he was to killing her, Smith stomped straight up to her. Nothing could've gotten in his way at that moment; he was a tank in motion, flattening anything that didn't move out the way. "WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST--" he thundered, swinging back his arm to punch her, and then stopping.

Behind them, easily distinguishable from its antlers, an undead Stantler was charging for them. Sahara seemed to notice as well, for she turned and disposed of it rather quickly. Glad it was over so he could pummel her skull in, Smith made another move, only to double over in another coughing fit.

It was not the ash this time; in his fury he had not noticed the thick, black cloud of smoke that was slithering its way towards them from a cluster of rocks nearby Recognising the hoarse, breathless cry of the Weezing before it had even appeared, Smith caught his breath enough to croak, "We'd better move."

Turning back towards the mountain, Smith cursed loudly. Three Camerupt, all undead, were charging towards them. Molten fire drizzled out of the miniature volcanoes on their backs, and a trail of purple blood followed them as it dripped out of their open wounds. "Shit..." Just about ready to find a nice cliff to throw himself off, Smith braced himself for battle, parting his legs and holding out both hands. One of the Camerupt was thundering straight for him, and with the right timing it could perhaps grab it and flip it over.

"Brace yourselves!" he called over his shoulder, barely even spotting the others through the smoke cloud. "If yer can't fight, run!"

Not far away, a Zoroark had been taking shelter from the rain beside a large rock and had felt the low rumble that could only be caused by heavy, charging hooves. What now? Oh dear Arceus, what now...? Jude wearily raised his head, his dusty eyes struggling to adjust to his surroundings. It had been the first time in nearly two days that he'd gotten the opportunity to rest. Or, rather, he'd actually been able to fall asleep in the first place. Insomnia was almost as bad as the zombie apocalypse itself, Jude had realised, since without sleep he was as good as a free meal.

The rumble was getting closer, and Jude quickly rubbed the dust out of his eyes and heaved his aching body off the ground. Peering around his rock, he spotted the culprits - three undead Camerupt were charging past. Glad they hadn't noticed him, Jude moved to the other side to see what they were hunting, and couldn't hold back the loud gasp when he spotted a group of survivors.

Oh Arceus ... thank you! Tears of joy sprung into his eyes as he turned them upwards to the darkening heavens. Thank you, thank you, thank you! He was saved, there was no doubt about it. He had found allies, possibly friends, who would keep him on the right path; who would fight with him and keep him safe. No, Jude, he scolded himself, watching as the biggest Pokemon in the group prepared himself to battle. They're friends; friends and comrades, not meat shields!

A cloud of black smoke was beginning to obscure the group from view, and Jude spotted a Weezing floating not far away, belching out clouds of toxic gas as it went. The Aggron was coughing breathlessly, and Jude decided that it was time for him to make his move. He didn't want to, of course not, but he had to. It was the right thing to do. That Weezing's gas was going to completely obscure their vision before long, and he didn't want to watch any of his new protectors - No, FRIENDS! - to die when he could've done something about it.

Go. The Zoroark crept forward, hesitating to come out of the rock's cover. What if all four enemies turned their attention to him and attacked? He'd be dead in a few seconds flat - rather anticlimactic to run to the rescue only to get trampled or choaked to death almost immediately. That won't happen, he thought, tugging on his mane nervously. Just go straight for the Weezing and distract it for them ... yes, that'll do. I'm sure that the Aggron and the Arcanine have the others covered. They look strong...

Now, go.
    He didn't move. GO! His trembling limbs had nailed themselves to the ground. Go, go, GO! Wrenching them free, Jude charged. Arceus, be with me!

Sprinting on all fours, Jude made straight for the Weezing by the rocks. Claws shrouded in darkness, he leapt through the air and hurled a Night Slash at the startled creature. It slammed backward into the rock, temporarily stunned. "I'll deal with this one!" he called to the group after noticing that the Aggron was looking at him. "You lot just concentrate on..." He trailed off, terror forming in his eyes, paralysing his limbs, as he noticed one of the Camerupt veer off from the others ... and rumble straight towards him. Oh ... fudge...

(Enter Jude! So excited to introduce him. Anyone's free to save him, lol.))
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:02 pm

Route 227 | Afternoon (52) (11)

Sahara was ready for a fight. Her lips pulled back into a snarl as Smith made a move towards her. She knew she would likely lose due to her injury, but common sense was lost to the furious canid. No, she couldn't lose. Never. Flames built in her maw, dripping out like boiling water, causing a small grass fire at her feet.
    Before the two behemoths could fight to a bloody end, the Steel-Type got caught up in a coughing fit. Sahara scoffed, flames extinguishing in her mouth. She stomped the fire at her feet out and for the moment she looked down and thought clearly, she recognized a new scent in the air.

Sahara rose her nose and sniffed. It was a foul smell, indeed. It smelled like a sour poison. She looked to the black cloud of smoke rolling in, giving a sneeze as the smell bothered her sensitive nose. She didn't know what caused the smoke, but she was pretty sure whatever it was had just let out a cry. She was half tempted to find and destroy whatever it was, but something as petty as that, releasing a simple smoke, was not worth her time. Smith said something about moving on, which would've been great, had three Undead Camerupts not appeared randomly...

Of all the luck...!

"If yer can't fight, run!"

What does he take us for, some newly hatched Pidgeys? Sahara wondered. She cared not, a moment later as she was assessing the situation. One Camerupt was going for Smith. Ok. Two more were charging through the thick smoke. "I'll deal with this one!" Sahara didn't scent this newcomer yet and since she couldn't see nor smell him, she was uneasy about who or what he was. But he seemed to be an ally. At least for his sake, he better've been. Otherwise she would take him down if she had to.

"You lot just concentrate on..." The mystery Pokémon trailed off. One of the Camerupts changed course towards the sound of the voice. You've got to be kidding me.
    Sahara looked carefully through the smoke, but her injury induced blurry sight just failed her. Her limbs seemed to work on their own as she leapt overtop of one of the Camerupts, giving her a boost to land between the Camerupt and newcomer. "Don't just stand there!" She growled, fur bristling dangerously.
    The Camerupt gave a loud cry and crashed it's weight down on the ground, causing a harsh quake-- Magnitude. Sahara stumbled before falling to the ground and lying there for a moment. She had already been injured enough, but now she had to deal with a Ground-Type weakness, and she was even madder.

She picked herself up and an inferno engulfed her body. Dashing forward, she slammed into the Undead and sent it skidding backwards with a Flame Wheel. "If you wish to act, here's your chance!" Sahara called back over the sound of her roaring Fire Move.
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:58 pm

6 / 13

"Old codger."
    Katyusha barely had time to leap out from the path of the tank as he thundered towards the large canine. The ninetales braces herself for a fight between her two new found comrades. Sure this steel-type appeared ornery, but there was extra tension within the air that the vulpine could just feel in the air. There was an extra layer of irritation plastered on when he addressed Sahara. It was soon after that another roll of thunder started. At first, Katyusha was sure it had to just be the sounds of the storm echoing their way through the dank caverns, but then smoke began to overtake the stone tunnel. Thick, black smoke that burned the inside of the ninetales' nose as she inhaled. The putrid air was filled with the scent of death, decay, and fire. Three rather large and very undead camerupt erupt from an unseen location ahead.

Mixtures of blood and molten material ooze from various orifices over each of their forms. Katyusha notes, with a growing terror in her chest, that all of them are charging with sights on their group. The next events happen too fast for her mind to catch up. Smith running out to meet them face-to-face with Sahara not far behind.
    "I'll deal with this one!"
    "You lot just concentrate on..."

A pelt very similar to her own streaks through the haze that is the beginning of the battle to tackle a foe she had previously missed--a weezing. The startled creature was kept busy with a night slash from the dark-type, but after a second of joy one of the camerupt turned and charged.

Katyusha pushed off the ground below her paws, to help, intersect, something, she wasn't sure yet. The arcanine, being already within the fray, beats her to it by smashing the beast off kilter.
    "If you wish to act, here's your chance!" The striped canine was already injured--blood caked his fur and wounds tore the orange pelt, she couldn't leave her to fight this thing alone and with a disadvantage. However, the first two camerupt present a more present danger as they block the two and the rest from them while continuing their headlong charge. Katyusha doesn't slow down and her form appears to shimmer for a moment though no attack appears to have been used. Continuing headlong the ninetales smashes right into the large, bulkier camerupt only to evaporate in a poof of smoke.

With her now destroyed substitute distracting the undead camel Katyusha bounces to the side and rebounds off the rounded wall to successfully get around before the creature even as a chance to clear the small amount of smoke from in front of it. With a flamethrower of her own charged, the ninetales unleashes the concentrated blast at the already downed infected in hopes of keeping it that way.

Deeper within the cave system small ears twitch and swerve with each small noise created. Not simply Zephyr's, but multitudes of others. Natives to this cave long dead, but with their corpses still with purpose, still full of hunger. The gathering of zubats and golbats gaze blankly to the new arrival, interested only in the faint traces of blood still splattering his mane. Of course, that wasn't enough to convince them to leave their roosts.

Zephyr's eyes, on the other hand, glint with malicious thoughts. Strength in numbers was just as good as one single strong individual. Circling to get a better look, his ragged grin only grows. 'There's enough for a colony.' He notes to himself. To lead such a force! Though of course, he wasn't, but surely they could come to agree their goals were the same with persuasion..

((ooc: I'm not quite sure when to bring Zephyr back towards the others. I think with the stuff already attacking our group may have their hands plenty full for now. Perhaps once they rest a bit he can return to try again or attempt to lure them into a trap.))

Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:10 pm

Route 227 |
    Afternoon
    Nikora 7 | George 7

Nikora's ears pressed tight against her skull, fluffy tail ducking between her legs in a moment of fear. It was obvious this Aggron boasted great power, but would it be turned on the others, on her? How did I end up in this group? Even with George by her side she didn't feel safe amongst these strangers. A small tremor ran through her legs, weakness threatening to topple the pup over. I.. I want to follow my kin. The Arcanine, the look in her pretty eyes.. do I even know her name? And Smith.. he seem to be the lead.. Thoughts racing faster then she would of liked the Growlithe was taken completely by surprise as the Aggron seemed to snap. "WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST--" In a flurry of orange paws Nikora found herself huddled behind the ashy scented pelt of George. Im not this much of a coward.. The look of her now, no one would believe that.

"Hey hey, no need for squabbling guys." George tried to interrupt but was beaten to it as a sound rubbed against his ear fur. "Huh.." Blinking at the sound an image of the spherical Pokemon slowly blurred in his mind, Smith's words sounding like a whisper over his thoughts, "We'd better move." Mind still wrapping around the image that was trying to form in his head the canine forced his paws to move. Nudging Nikora's hunches with his skull George made sure the female was moving before himself but she was as stiff as a stone. He was about to say something when his sky colored eyes noticed what was ahead. ""Brace yourselves! If yer can't fight, run!"

George wasted no time rounding in front of Nikora, his eyes dark with Leer, but the undead was not looking at him. It was going for Smith. Growling at himself the Growlithe breathed in and spat an Ember at the Camerupt. The creature was not fazed by the meager fire attack and, with one last glance at Nikora, the male dashed off after it. Left to her own devices the female Growlithe stood trembling. Im not this much of a coward.. The words repeated in her head once more. "You lot just concentrate on..." A new voice distracted her, placing her paws in motion. Running toward the sound she watched as the Arcanine reacted first. We're both heading toward an unknown voice.. is that safe? To deny her kin's judgement now.. could she do that? No, someone was trying to help them, she couldn't let a kindness like that go.

Watching in awe as the powerful Arcanine attacked the Camerupt Nikora forced herself to stay focused. "If you wish to act, here's your chance!" She wasn't that strong, there wasn't much she could do but something did come to mind. Breathing in the putrid, moist, chocking air the Growlithe immediately regretted it. Coughing on its sick taste Nikora buried her nose in the scarf around her neck before trying again. The filter helped at least a little and the fire type was able to bark as fiercely as she body would allow. Weakened by the the lack of clean air and the sheer weight of the Camerupt her Roar did not do much. The powerful vibrations were only able to push the dual type undead back a few yards at most, but it was something. Another coughing fit wrecked her body, but at least she had done something.
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:06 am

Route 227/Early Afternoon
    (S: 37: J: 2)
    Jude's current illusion: none

This was not going well. He was an idiot to even think that he could be of any use here. Terror glued Jude's limbs into place as the rotting, growling Camerupt gained on him, getting close enough for him to see the pink drool dangling from its bloodstained jaw. It was over; he was finished. Here was the price for him daring to move beyond his rock. He was going to get trampled to death right in front of the Pokemon he was supposed to be helping to protect. Some hero you are... After trying and failing to get himself moving again, Jude uttered a small sob and covered his face with his arm, not wishing to watch the inevitable as it happened. It's not like they're going to help a loser like me-- "Oh!"

It turned out that he was wrong. The Arcanine had leaped into view, standing between the quivering Zoroark and the charging behemoth. "Don't just stand there!" she growled over her shoulder at him. "S-Sorry!" Sorry? What the heck? Like 'sorry' was going to make any difference here. He needed to get his backside back into gear, and quickly.

The Arcanine prepared a Fire-type move but was thrown off her feet by a Magnitude attack. Thankfully, its intensity wasn't that great, and Jude managed to endure it by pinning all four limbs into the ground. He knew, however, that Fire-types did not like those kinds of moves and, apparently, neither did the Aggron.

The huge Steel-type had managed to wrestle his pursuer to the ground by grabbing its head and practically throwing it onto its side. Jude barely had time to marvel at the sheer strength of the Aggron when the Magitude struck, and he could only watch with great pity as Smith was sent toppling to the ground, landing heavily on his front with his arms outstretched.

Oh no... For a painful few seconds, the Aggron did not move, but then he let out a groan and pulled himself up on his arms. The Camerupt that he'd toppled was getting up as well, molten fire bubbling out of its humps. It's going to attack! Knowing that the Aggron could not defend himself from such an attack while on the ground, Jude decided what he was going to do just as the Arcanine shouted, "If you wish to act, here's your chance!"

My chance! Jude bolted towards the fallen giant, his front claws radiating with dark energy as he prepared another Night Slash. It hit, but a second too late - the Camerupt's Lava Plume attack exploded, sending scarlet flames firing in all directions. The undead camel fell on its side to Jude's attack, but the Zoroark had to throw himself on the ground to avoid the flames.

Thankfully, the Aggron appeared to have the same idea, and looked at him with streaming eyes as he tried to get up. "I had that -- you -- thank you, lad," he croaked, after seemingly having trouble deciding how to react. Glad that the giant had settled by thanking him rather than saving his pride, Jude nodded and got back to his feet just as the flames subsided, his fur damp with sweat. "No pr-problem. Are you - ack! - all right, sir?"

What was going on with the air? Jude felt as though he was swallowing a lungful of fire every time he breathed in. His mouth and throat dried up of any fluids, and he began to hack out a cough just as the Aggron finally got back up. He was bruised and covered in dirt, but not out yet.

"Best ... take care of - ack! - him," he gasped, pointing at the Weezing, that had now recovered from the attack and was belching out fresh gas. Jude suddenly understood: the gas was flammable - the Camerupt's attack had super-heated it.

"Me?" Jude had no idea how he was going to do this - he felt as though he was starting to melt.
    "Yes, you," the Aggron growled, water pouring out of his bloodshot eyes. "Keep it ... busy while I - we - deal with ... this lot."

Keep it busy... Jude wasn't sure whether that sounded easy or not. Still, the Aggron trusted him, and if he could somehow stop it from giving off the gas, maybe he could turn this fight around for them. As the Aggron proceeded to slam his glowing white tail into the side of his opponent and the others all continued to relentlessly fight, Jude decided on what might work. Scurrying close to the ground back towards the Poison-type, the words that echoed in Jude's head every time he got ready to cast an illusion made a return, blocking out the racket from the battle.

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Pokemon of all kinds, do we have a show for you!"

((Mediocre quality, sorry, I wanted to get this done quickly. The Lava Plume's radius is big enough to target everyone, some more than others, obviously.))
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:53 am

Route 227 | Afternoon (53) (12)

Sahara gave a loud, sharp growl of warning. It was instinctive, but she knew the Undead's brain was too far gone to comprehend her threat. Her flames whirled around, growing stronger, but the Camerupt approached faster than she had anticipated. She didn't have much room to build up the speed it would take to deal some damage. She cursed under her breath, until a loud bark snapped her attention to someone else.

The she-Growlithe had let out a an ear shaking Roar, sending the Camerupt back a few yards. Sahara glanced to the Growlithe and smirked, "Thanks."
    She took off like a shot, dashing with awesome speed as an inferno covered her. Sahara leapt at the Camerupt head on and crashed skull to skull with it. It's head crunched slightly as she held her ground against it. She, herself, felt her head was going to crack if she kept up like this.
    Finally, the Camerupt flew backwards and landed on it's side in a heap of dust.

"That wasn't so hard." Sahara commented, idly padding back towards the she-Growlithe. She could hear the others battling, but eyeshot of them was impossible with the blasted gas. Dang.
    Sahara flicked her tail aggravatedly,  With the amount of force we have, why aren't these nuisances dead yet? Before another thought could enter her mind, flames shot in every which way, and they were not her's. They hit her pelt and she barely even noticed a slight tinge of warmth, thanks to Flash Fire. "I wonder how fare the others?" She asked no one in particular. She didn't care to make a move to help-- No, they were on their own. She'd probably just be verbally attacked for trying to help, knowing a certain Aggron.

She felt a slight pressure on her tail, as if something was clamping on. Sahara spun around and felt hair disconnect from her tail forcefully. No way... The Camerupt was still alive! "Why you-!" She barked.
    It's eyes dripped blood as if it were crying crimson, and it looked more ticked off than ever. "Guess I should've made sure you were dead, eh, big guy?" She grinned confidently.

Her bark proved to be less painful than her Bite as she sunk her fangs into the Camerupt's leg in an attempt to crush it's knee. She bit harder until the Undead lifted it's front end up like a Ponyta, throwing her beneath it. She did not foresee that.
    It's weight crunched down onto her ribs and she yelped in agony. She felt them crack beneath it's hooves, the pain of breaking ribs white hot in her mind.

"Please!" The headstrong hound cried out to anyone, "Someone get this off me!"

((OoC - Anybody care to help poor Sahara? :c))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:57 pm