Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?


IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT- http://www.epidemicjohto.com/t7003-join-the-battle-for-net-neutrality

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Catalyst. The Banner was made by Lady Silverfishes. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.


Support our staff!



(ACE) The MARSH Team

Share
avatar
R'hia Kyrie
Elite
Elite

Age : 22
Posts : 260

Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by R'hia Kyrie on Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:44 pm


The Great Marsh – Terminal || Afternoon
Asura 37 || R'hia 13

R'hia was starting to realize why Asura had mixed feelings about the flying-type. Uxie could be the greatest boon they could ask for, even if he wants to stay neutral, and yet the kid's actively shooting scathing comments at him. At a LEGEND. Even those who were against the legends these days would probably have more respect for the power Uxie carries than Seek is currently showing... She opts to not speak out, figuring that, alongside her newer place among the group, the Legend of knowledge was probably wiser than to be provoked by a kiddo. She heard Eleroo wondering aloud, "I wonder if they want peace too."

"I can guarantee they want peace. But when a group's been through enough, sometimes... well, sometimes they see violence and harsh defense as the only road to keep their own remaining peace. If we were in their shoes, I know your friend would be the first to pipe up for any new group's departure." The human tried her best to put the shoe on the other foot, even these days. She turned to Uxie, the prior talk of teleportation and escape. "I don't have much experience with Psychics, let alone Legends. Is it even possible for you to teleport others, let alone a group of our size?" She ran the possibilities through her head. Hell, she didn't even know what this group's ultimate goal or destination was, but in terms of short distance, teleportation could be really useful for avoiding conflict, or gaining an upper hand... should Uxie offer it. He seemed averse to conflict, though a Legend taking sides in a squabble like this does indeed seem like it could have ill effects later on.

Asura, predictably so, was once again getting agitated by Seek. He waited a bit to interject, so perhaps that patience was a victory in some small way- but it had come and gone. "You're lucky to be alive, foolish girl. If it weren't for Uxie, you may well have been taking one last blow when we were outside. You forget that you do not speak for us all, and certainly not for me. A grumpy tone to his voice and body, he turns and moves away from the group.

He wanders towards Felix, who has a concerned Charizard above him. "Treatment? Surely you don't intend to enter the rain once more, Shenron." The fire type was too kind- or perhaps too eager to help- for his own good. Though, to be fair, Asura was acting on assumption here.
avatar
ShadowCharizard
Donator
Donator

Age : 33
Posts : 1102

Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by ShadowCharizard on Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:01 am


The Great Marsh|Afternoon
38

Felix felt helpless with his illness continuously growing in intensity. He felt bad for having the others do stuff for him to get some berries that he doesn't even know if they're in the area. I feel so damned useless. This is probably why I shouldn't of neglected my training. The fairy type thought to himself. It wasn't because of he neglected his training. The name of his illness wasn't well known since its usually in the more rare cases. "Oran and a berry that cures all ailments..? Is that not... Lum berry I believe? I could be wrong" Lum berry? Is that what the name of the berry was called? Likely though they'll have to track it down since there wouldn't be any in this marshland. "I'm certain the marsh holds Oran berries but we must pinpoint exactly what this other berry is. For now you must remain hydrated, fluids will certainly help slightly sate any illness and keep you comfortable" Shenron had gotten water for Felix from raiding a vending machine earlier. "Thanks Shenron. *coughs* I owe you one." The sylveon said giving a weak smile.


The feeling he had though had made him worry if Seek would scold him for helping a stranger out who just arrived not but a day ago. Not to mention she'd swipe that bottle of water away to keep whichever storage they have. "Treatment? Surely you don't intend to enter the rain once more, Shenron." When did Asura come in from talking with the others? Felix wouldn't want to have Shenron risk his own life out there with the rain coming down heavy. Once again it looks like Asura might have to do it. Hopefully this time, he doesn't have trouble with a floatzel. However, the likely chance of another floatzel would be greater since by now the other one had likely alerted its fellow water types to their presence. In case they did come back, there would need to be someone able to defend the downed sylveon until the lum berry is acquired.

The Sylveon continued to lay on the floor despite the amount of dirt and mud that is on his fur. It was uncommon for him to be on a wooden floor or anything that was a hard surface while laying down, but since there isn't a bed to lay down on, this will have to make due until he felt better. "Asura, can you find the lum berry *coughs* for me? I don't know if its close or not, but if there isn't any, *coughs* we'll have to raid a pokemon center." That's if the doors wasn't locked in the building. Likely though the Floatzel's gang could be patrolling it heavily if anything. "Shenron, can you keep my company? At least until someone else comes to keep an eye on me." An odd request from him to ask of a charizard, but it was either him or Asura and since its raining it was best to keep Shenron dry. Felix then sneezed from the dust tickling his nose. The sneeze did blow some dust off the floor revealing a semi polished floor. It looked like it was polished a while ago, but with the lack of any humans or other living pokemon it hasn't aged to much. Once he feels better Felix plans on at least train more so he can get stronger and defend the others.
avatar
Uxie
Veteran Mod
Veteran Mod

Posts : 1017

Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Uxie on Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:16 pm


❖ Pastoria City + Terminal Building Floor 1 + Afternoon + 33 ❖


Letting a fresh breath of air fill his lungs the legend soothed any irritation the child had caused. "You could try making that help a bit more clear." She said, reminding all that she was young, inexperienced, and uncouth. Though she would still be held accountable for her behavior it was not simply due to being rude and arrogant youth. "You can start by telling us who their leader is."

How long had it been since his last visit here, since he last witnessed the actions of those who were native to this land? Lifespans had shortened severely in recent years and his own scale for time was heavily skewed. The old Floatzel he recalled likely would not have survived this long with so many odds stacked against it. An inappropriate amount of time passed before he answered, his words airy. "The probability of leadership being transferred since my last time here is high, so I can not say."

"I don't have much experience with Psychics, let alone Legends. Is it even possible for you to teleport others, let alone a group of our size?" Looking toward someone while speaking was an innate behavior for most, a polite gesture for eye contact during a conversation, but the legend had to consciously turn his head toward the girl as he answered her. "It is possible for me to teleport others with size being the limiting factor."

Whether it was a large object or multiple entities it exponentially increased the power he needed and the strain it caused to move them. There was also the matter of the distance he would be able to move them and his own current state of exhaustion. "Though the situation should not arise if we do need to make a sudden exit I can return us to this spot." Or, he added mentally, somewhere repetitively close without being an enclosed space.


_________________



UXIE |♎| THE SAFEHOUSE MANAGER
✥ Tutto è permesso in amore ed in guerrA. ✥

avatar
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Age : 23
Posts : 1911

Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Dandelion on Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:56 pm


The Great Marsh [Terminal] || Afternoon [Storming]
Eleroo 106 || Seek 97


"The probability of leadership being transferred since my last time here is high, so I can not say." Seek let out a tense breath from clenched teeth. Though that answer did not satisfy her it was the clearest response she had gotten from him so far, and it answered her question, so she couldn't really be mad. "Okay." She puffed, and after another strained breath she took a seat. Was that progress? None of us know what their leader is. Was that really an answer? Parting her jaws the Aiveon was about to yap out another question but didn't get the chance as Asura griped, "You're lucky to be alive, foolish girl. If it weren't for Uxie, you may well have been taking one last blow when we were outside. You forget that you do not speak for us all, and certainly not for me."

Her teeth fell closed again, and she bit her tongue of any further remarks. There was something about the tone of his voice, something about the sternness to it and not the words themselves that kept her mouth shut. It was a sensation she could not place, a putdown she only vaguely knew, but it was enough to have her remain obedient. Even Eleroo cringed as he felt the coldness from Asura's words wash across his pelt. He frowned and turned his eyes away from his friends. She knows that; she only speaks for herself. She was only the voice for others because usually Pokemon didn't dare speak out against her. Shuffling his paws the Radeon admitted to himself that, sadly, he agreed with Asura. He had nearly lost her when that Floatzel attacked. The last thing he wanted was for her big head to get her killed by either charging into this situation or driving the others away.

But Seek did not move. Her body was rigid, each breath forced. Letting her eyes fall closed the Aiveon tried to steady herself. She was getting way too worked up and could hardly think straight. Was that why this 'discussion' was just going around in circles? Guess I'll try again later. With a deep inhale and exhale she reopened her blue eyes and stared at the Legend. Okay, they had an emergency escape plan. Good. Great. "Then we can wait I guess." She said airily on an exhale. "If you can teleport us in, then you can teleport us out if they ambush this building. If they still want peace they might just leave us alone."

Dropping her eyes from him the flying type was not satisfied with her own decision. She wanted to go, to get them, and to get out of here, but clearly that wasn't going to happen. Getting back to her paws she starts to pad away under the impression she can resume her meal when she notices the bulky part of her group had clustered. Her ears fan out as much as they can from beneath her helmet as she starts to trot toward them. "Treatment? Surely you don't intend to enter the rain once more, Shenron." Treatment, outside? Where was Shenron going, what was going on? "Asura, can you find the lum berry *coughs* for me? I don't know if its close or not, but if there isn't any, *coughs* we'll have to raid a Pokemon Center."

The eeveelution's face twists as she listens to Felix's voice. It was even more unpleasant than normal, but in a way that made her more curious than annoyed. What had happened? Padding closer she could see the Sylveon on the ground, his fur beaded with sweat or water, looking disturbingly ill from the last time she saw him. Her mind raced as she tried to put the pieces together. Felix was down, did the Floatzel do it? He needed a treatment, was it serious? There wasn't really any blood scent around. "You're going out again?" Eleroo asked, his mew worried as he turned himself around on the couch to face the others. "I haven't seen anyone, but.. isn't it too soon?" His paws coarsely kneaded the fabric. "Not if he needs medicine." Seek interjected with her best guess. "If we have to head out we will."
avatar
Baloo
Rookie
Rookie

Age : 24
Posts : 707

Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Baloo on Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:08 am





Great Marsh|Afternoon (74)

Shenron frowned realization reminding him he would not be able to go out now. "Perhaps... If I could I would. If it is necessary I would find a way" Of course his first thought was a way to breach the clouds but he would have no way of seeing his way back down. Perhaps there was a discarded umbrella around... If rain was common to Pastoria which he knew it may very well be, there could be one. He looked back to Felix willing to honor his request but unsure to just leave the task unaccepted or blind. "I do know the Centers do often keep preserved berry concoctions for newborns unable to take the strain of their healing devices... It'd be reasonable to assume the berries to make them would also be there among other useful items" Shenron's true fear was that someone holed up in the Center already. Thus it would be difficult to get these things. Whether or not someone was there... He couldn't think of anywhere else to find a Lum berry besides the Center. The PokeMart was mostly full of man-made items and any homes could possibly already be laid bare or even dangerous. The Gym was a definite no sale. It would be far too dangerous to risk venturing too far from Pastoria. The risk of getting stuck or attacked was great...
avatar
R'hia Kyrie
Elite
Elite

Age : 22
Posts : 260

Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by R'hia Kyrie on Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:32 pm

[quote="R'hia Kyrie"]

The Great Marsh – Terminal || Afternoon
Asura 38 || R'hia 14

Even R’hia could feel the scathing remark singe the air. She always knew he was blunt but… they’d not spent enough time together, in spite of this feeling of friendship she was finding with him, to know if that was intended to be as cold as it was, or if he was being blunt. The apocalypse can freeze the kindest hearts, after all. And yet, she can’t find a reason to scold him for it- he spoke words she considered to be a truth, no matter how bluntly he’d stated it. Not only that- but Seek seems to have actually taken it seriously. Whether she’s quietly seething or thinking, she’s stopped lashing out at Uxie- certainly a step in a decent direction.

"Then we can wait I guess."

R’hia gives a nod with an impressed look on her face. She’d not given the girl enough credit- while it took a tongue-lashing from Asura, she was calming herself down and speaking more reasonably now. R’hia nods once more, this time in agreement with Seek’s idea. ”Yeah- for the time being, staying put may be smarter than we think, too.” She starts thinking about it, seeming to reinforce her train of thought. ”I mean, whether they like or dislike you, Uxie, you’re still a Legend. That’s nothing to take lightly- if they don’t attack, all the better. If they do come, I doubt they’ll be rushing us- taking you by surprise, as a psychic, probably isn’t an easy task at all. I understand why you’d hide yourself like you did, but the revelation of your real image has bought us some time. Now the question is, what kind of planning do we do with it? We can try and push deeper, we can try and move along, or stay put, putting it in simplest terms.” Her little ‘tactical ramble,’ as it shall now be dubbed, now over, she realizes she totally dominated the conversation for a moment there. Oops. She’s got plenty more on her mind, but she thinks it better to leave room for retorts for now…

”Uh… Sure.” There was a distinctly unusual tone of uncertainty for the Machamp as he quickly turned to return to the other group once again. A lot of back and forth in a small span of time… he approaches R’hia, though not out of any attempt to avoid the others. ”R’hia, I am needed to find a certain berry for Felix. Which one is a… Lum berry, what does it look like?”


”Lum? That’s the green one, really firm. Is he getting sick that fast…? Peeking around Asura, she notices that he is indeed looking rather ailing… She turns, concerned, and looks to Uxie. ”Sorry to change the topic so swiftly, but do you know where any Lum berries are? It sounds like we’re going to need some, and quickly.” She hopes that there are some nearby- She’s no doctor, and has no clue what Felix may actually have- and no clue how to stave off his symptoms, aside from what he’s apparently told Asura.

((OOC: So much for a day off- but I think I managed a decent post in spite of having to work the second job unexpectedly. If I need to correct anything, please say so- I know I had R’hia speaking a lot, so feel free to have interjections on her conversation as needed.))
avatar
ShadowCharizard
Donator
Donator

Age : 33
Posts : 1102

Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by ShadowCharizard on Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:59 pm

OoC)) Felix is resting and coughs while resting.
avatar
Uxie
Veteran Mod
Veteran Mod

Posts : 1017

Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Uxie on Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:57 pm


❖ Pastoria City + Terminal Building Floor 1 + Afternoon + 34 ❖



After a firm lambasting from Asura Seek finally yielded her useless, self centered argument. "Okay." The lone word was noticeably forced, her fiery will still fighting. "Then we can wait I guess." "Very well." The Legend agreed as she walked away. The rest of their assembly had collected nearby but R'hia remained and was still brimming with tactical interest.

”---If they don’t attack, all the better. If they do come, I doubt they’ll be rushing us- taking you by surprise, as a psychic, probably isn’t an easy task at all.” "My perception of the land is hard to escape." His sensitivity was top notch, allowing hardly anything to elude his awareness in any regard. He was naturally in-tune as a psychic, but as a legend it was a matter of survival. To do his duties it was imperative he remain elusive and unbound.

”I understand why you’d hide yourself like you did, but the revelation of your real image has bought us some time.”

"It was not intentional," he said firmly, not to be humble, but as a matter of clarity, "but it seems to have of been beneficial." When she asked what their next course of action should be, however, the pixie was less opt to reply. "The choice of how we progress is a matter of personal interest. More so, it is a matter of gaining Seek's approval. While she has currently accepted waiting she has made her desire to quit this place clear."

It was then Asura returned to their conversation inquiring about berries with the others in his wake. ”Lum? That’s the green one, really firm. Is he getting sick that fast…? The previous illness that had held Felix suddenly progressed both rapidly and aggressively. The vulpine was downed, his breathing labored and sporadic with little reason to consider them feigned, though Uxie could believe him to over exaggerate.

”Sorry to change the topic so swiftly, but do you know where any Lum berries are? It sounds like we’re going to need some, and quickly.” He answered quickly, "Lum berries grow native in this region but they are a very fickle fruit." The cure all berry was a slow grower and their trees produced few fruit at once. Both Oran and Sitrus were less potent against fighting disease (restorative properties not withstanding), but their availability made them more universally desired.

"I have seen them growing within the Great Marsh," he spoke with a dry voice. There were a lot of trees in the Great Marsh, and to locate the few Lum trees and fewer fruit, within the stormy weather no less, would be both treacherous and time consuming. "But even if we located them there is no promise there would be any berries left."

That did not mean they were out of options. Turning his entire frame toward R'hia Uxie continued, "You humans often distill nature's gift down to its core medical properties."

"It would not be presumptuous to believe the local Pokemon Center once contained such a medicine."


_________________



UXIE |♎| THE SAFEHOUSE MANAGER
✥ Tutto è permesso in amore ed in guerrA. ✥

avatar
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Age : 23
Posts : 1911

Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Dandelion on Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:39 am


The Great Marsh [Terminal] || Afternoon [Storming]
Eleroo 107 || Seek 98


"I do know the Centers do often keep preserved berry concoctions for newborns unable to take the strain of their healing devices... It'd be reasonable to assume the berries to make them would also be there among other useful items." Eleroo visibly shuddered, a wave passing from his head down to his tail. "Yeah, they do." He said meekly, the fuzzy memories coming back to him. "If a Center has a NICU they can be.. extensive." His early childhood was a weird blue of illness and medicines. Warm boxes and gentle hands, and being forced to down things of fowl natures. Legends, he was in such a different place now.

Wanting those memories to fade away once more the Radeon tried to think of something else, anything really, and a weird thought forcefully came to mind. "If they had medicine made from them.. could the doctors also of had berry fields?" He asked Shenron hesitantly, unsure if his thought was even possible. "Like, around here. It would be convenient if they ran out, or their machines stopped working." And, for them, it could even be a life saver. "Humans are pretty good at growing things. Maybe they could have survived."


”Uh… Sure.” The lack of confidence to his tone, a complete turn from what he had last said to her was enough to make the eeveelution's ears pop up too quickly and shift her helmet upon her head. Trotting after the Machamp she tried to picture the berry R'hia described, but unfortunately she couldn't recall seeing any of those. ”Lum? That’s the green one, really firm. Is he getting sick that fast…? "Apparently." She confirmed, her voice neutral and without sarcasm. "Hopefully these Lum berries will help." Were they sure that was even the right one? Usually Pokemon jumped at oran berries so this had to be something bad if he needed something else.

R'hia switched to asking Uxie if he knew where any of the berries in question were and Seek swallowed. Hopefully he wouldn't be long winded when they were, yet again, rushed. "Lum berries grow native in this region but they are a very fickle fruit." Digging her claws into the floor the flying type breathed, "Great. Does that mean they are out of season or something? That they don't grow around here?" The limited knowledge she had on berries was that orans and pechas were delicious and seemed to grow everywhere she went. "I have seen them growing within the Great Marsh," was all the Legend got to say before Seek reacted. There was no thought, no processing, just a sudden lift of her ears that was so fierce her helmet popped off and fell to the floor with a clatter.

"Not the Marsh." She yipped, eyes large but firm. "Is there anything else?" There was no way she would risk her life in that hell hole again, and everyone else's, just to save one. Luckily, Uxie had another offer, one similar to Shenron's but with notable disdain. "It would not be presumptuous to believe the local Pokemon Center once contained such a medicine." Seek sighed, settling herself into a sit while she placed her helmet back upon her brow as though it never fell. "So that's our only real option?" The Marsh was out, and searching blindly would take too long. "Well, there is no way those other Pokemon will let us just waltz in there."

Eleroo's gums pulled back as further worry stained his face. His red gaze pierced the clouds to what little bits of sky he could see, the mix of blues and grays painting a muddled picture. It was something he had not realized before, what with the excitement and dark atmosphere outside. Its getting late. It was already dark in its own right. What would happen when the ambient light disappeared? Moving his head ever so slightly he slide his gaze back to Felix. You can't wait till morning. Could he? He did not dare ask, nor did he want to risk such a thing, but what would happen if they got caught in the dark out in this dangerous town?

Kneading so hard his claws pierced the fabric the Radeon asked with a dry mouth, "What if those other Pokemon already took all the stuff from the Center?" The building would be easy to guard on its own, but too obvious to wanderers that it held medicine. There was no way they could leave the valuable medicines there. "They could have moved all the good stuff to their hideout but left the really specific things they didn't understand. Then the Center would be a good storage area for the rest. Just in case."
avatar
Baloo
Rookie
Rookie

Age : 24
Posts : 707

Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Baloo on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:12 am






Great Marsh|Afternoon (75)

Shenron had his tail coiled near Felix keeping him warm and watched. Having learned small kits and pups could often suddenly slip away from their illnesses without warning. He leaned in to give him a comforting sniff but Eleroo's question pulled him away. "If they had medicine made from them.. could the doctors also of had berry fields?" "Like, around here. It would be convenient if they ran out, or their machines stopped working." "Humans are pretty good at growing things. Maybe they could have survived." That made a lot of sense actually. "That could be possible, Pastoria's climate though trying would've been no problem if the humans constructed a greenhouse to protect the drier fruit from the weather... Humans are known for such clever innovations" Shenron shook his head oddly agreeing with Seek. "It would indeed be unwise to venture into the marsh now. At least wait for a break in the weather if that's your intention. Yet exercise extreme caution going into the city. Anything still left might be guarded or possible bait" He had seen it in the still functional dead. Using food, shelter and promise of safety to lure the living in.
avatar
R'hia Kyrie
Elite
Elite

Age : 22
Posts : 260

Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by R'hia Kyrie on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:09 pm


The Great Marsh – Terminal || Afternoon
Asura 39 || R'hia 15

"My perception of the land is hard to escape."

A sentence so simple, but it was absolutely music to her ears. Short of having their own powerful psychic type to teleport in, R’hia felt a great relief knowing that Uxie would at least be able to tell if someone, or something, was approaching. Her face twists into a displeasured expression, realizing she’d been so focused on the other group of living that she’d not been giving thought to undead within the city. With any luck, the other group will have certain areas they’ve pretty much cleared out. But it was just that, once again- luck. There was no way to know with full certainty, and there were new priorities at hand in any case. And by the sound of it, things were not looking as though they were going to have that ever-desired luck in any plentiful amount. Asura offered an audibly displeased grunt at the mention of the Marsh, and silently waited alongside R’hia for Uxie to finish.

"It would not be presumptuous to believe the local Pokemon Center once contained such a medicine."

For a split moment, she takes in the fact that a Legend is immediately before her, facing and addressing her. A rather humbling moment, but she quickly recovers herself. R’hia nods, but with a visible reluctance. ”It may be presumptuous to assume that there’s much- or any left, really. But it’s a better option than the Marsh, by a long shot.” She thinks to herself silently for a moment, before nodding once more with additional certainty. ”That, and the more I think about it, if it were a specialized or specific medicine, it’s actually somewhat unlikely that it was swept up in the initial panic. Potions and basic burn heals, the like; sure, they’re probably long gone. But a particular medication? We may have a decent chance there.” R’hia had always thought of what may happen if she and her group could resupply power to a center- or at least, the general healing stations, too… But she lacked the knowledge of how they worked, let alone having any of her Pokémon know any moves with enough juice to do so.

”The only big question I have left is whether to separate, with some here for Felix and others to the center, or try and bring him along.” There were plenty of pros and cons even before accounting the fire-type’s endangerment- Were it not for that, she’d easily be on the side of moving as a unit.

"What if those other Pokemon already took all the stuff from the Center?"

This time, the human and her old friend seemed to have the same line of thought, though one piped up before the other could. ”Maybe. But we must account for the potential positives over the potential negatives. We stand to lose much more if we do not go, than we stand to lose if we do. His voice starts to rise now, as he seems to reach a realization. ”Not only that, but why would they take the medicine humans made? Unless one could read human words, they would risk much by taking medicine that they know not the purpose of.” R’hia nods vehemently, with a hopeful smile starting to break through her concerned frown. The point still stands, that it could be occupied or guarded, and is a somewhat obvious target. Once more, there were an incredible amount of factors at play.
avatar
Uxie
Veteran Mod
Veteran Mod

Posts : 1017

Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Uxie on Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:12 am


❖ Pastoria City + Terminal Building Floor 1 + Afternoon + 35 ❖


”It may be presumptuous to assume that there’s much- or any left, really. But it’s a better option than the Marsh, by a long shot.”

With no more than a slight tilt of the head Uxie nodded in agreement. Humans and Pokemon alike would have made for the easily known resources first and quickly drained them of anything of value. Less such an area was being purposefully and constantly protected all would most certainly be empty at this point in time.

"So that's our only real option? Well, there is no way those other Pokemon will let us just waltz in there." Seek criticized his information, but her swift retort held truth. If such a guard were posted, and they believed their ward outweighed their life, a bloody fight to the death would certainly ensue.

”The only big question I have left is whether to separate, with some here for Felix and others to the center, or try and bring him along.”

Floating his way toward the sickly Pokemon Uxie evaluated his condition from what external symptoms he could see. Diaphoresis, tussis, pyrexia, possible dehydration, somnolence. The conclusion came quickly; this Pokemon was not fit for travel.
"He should not be moved in this condition, less we want to agitate his symptoms further." He had already fallen out of homeostasis. Being pushed through the freezing conditions of the outside would tilt him dangerously in the wrong direction.


_________________



UXIE |♎| THE SAFEHOUSE MANAGER
✥ Tutto è permesso in amore ed in guerrA. ✥

avatar
Baloo
Rookie
Rookie

Age : 24
Posts : 707

Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Baloo on Thu May 03, 2018 9:39 pm






Great Marsh|Afternoon (76)

Shenron frowned and looked to Felix. "If it would be unwise to move him and far too risky to wait, I would volunteer to stay with him. I doubt I can pass through the storm without some way to protect my fire from the elements" He folded his wings and arms in close sitting like a cat enjoying a warm, cozy spot. "Nothing would dare try and enter with me here. Even if they did, they would not linger for long" His maw and throat crackling with renewed fuel to his fire and Outrage roaring within him. Of course he had learned not to underestimate an opponent long ago but the infected didn't possess the ability to strategize in the least. Shenron would outlast and outwit them. "I do offer advice, there are no paved walks or anything of the sort. Stealth is the best option here"
avatar
R'hia Kyrie
Elite
Elite

Age : 22
Posts : 260

Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by R'hia Kyrie on Mon May 07, 2018 5:36 pm

((OOC: Skipping, If anyone needs Asura/R'hia to do something specific feel free to PM))
avatar
ShadowCharizard
Donator
Donator

Age : 33
Posts : 1102

Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by ShadowCharizard on Thu May 10, 2018 7:29 pm


The Great Marsh|Afternoon
39

Felix's breaths was slightly shivered due to him being somewhat cold. He opened his eyes though it showed he was in no condition to travel anywhere, but he could at least talk a bit. Arceus in heaven, this really sucks. This day just keeps getting worse and with the rain coming down as it is, I would get even worse if I get to cold. Hypothermia wasn't uncommon for pokemon, but not all pokemon catches the condition. The sylveon was feeling the warmth from Shenron's tail as it slowly dried off any remaining rain soaked areas of fur. The last time he felt the warmth of fire was back in Kalos after a nasty snowstorm struck the day before christmas. Lightning flashed as the snow came down hard. Though the situation was completely different as it was rain and thunderstorms. The fairy type often wondered if he'll make it through the night without going into a coughing frenzy. At least Shenron had volunteered to stay behind with him to keep him safe in case any threat had came.

It was getting close to the point where the others was about to find medicine. "Careful, there could *cough* be some flooded streets that *cough* they could hide in." If there's any major bodies of water then it could be a bit more tricky to get in the area where they need to get to. After that Felix took some more drinks of water to help him somewhat. Though it did sate most of his thirst it however didn't sate his consciousness as it slipped back into dreamland. Felix fell asleep once again as a random cough continued to bother him. The sylveon could tell this was going to be a bumpy night if he continues coughing like he is.

OoC)) Short post he'll be going in and out of conscious every now and then.
avatar
Uxie
Veteran Mod
Veteran Mod

Posts : 1017

Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Uxie on Sat May 12, 2018 2:11 pm

(OoC: I shall pass this round.)


_________________



UXIE |♎| THE SAFEHOUSE MANAGER
✥ Tutto è permesso in amore ed in guerrA. ✥

avatar
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Age : 23
Posts : 1911

Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Dandelion on Thu May 17, 2018 6:10 pm


The Great Marsh [Terminal] || Afternoon [Storming]
Eleroo 108 || Seek 99


"That could be possible, Pastoria's climate though trying would've been no problem if the humans constructed a greenhouse to protect the drier fruit from the weather... Humans are known for such clever innovations." A green.. house? The kit blinked, confused for a few moments. He could assume from context that Shenron was naming something to do with plants and not just a building painted green, but it was still a bit jarring to think of. Nodding, the Radeon agreed; humans would definitely make little houses for plants. Maybe some were still standing?

Beside him, Seek nodding firmly as the Charizard agreed with the Marsh being too dangerous. Her ears were tall, listening intently as both R'hia and Asura concluded, for different reasons, that such a specific medication would probably be left well enough alone. ”The only big question I have left is whether to separate, with some here for Felix and others to the center, or try and bring him along.” Seek looked at him, unwillingly feeling her concern rise. She had been so young at the time, but for so long she had watched Eleroo struggle with his own illnesses. Often he was too weak or tired to get up, and when she forced him to so they could play his teetering steps never really got him very far. Twisting her jaw the Aiveon knew that Felix, who was much bigger than Eleroo had been, would not be easy to tote around.

Eleroo watched her stare at the ill Pokemon, and wondered if she was getting the same idea. Asura is pretty strong. He could probably cradle Felix to the Center so we could treat him. That would be the fastest way to have him get better, right? But his idea must have been hair-brained, as the rest of his party came to a very different conclusion.
"He should not be moved in this condition, less we want to agitate his symptoms further."
"Then he needs to stay down here."
"If it would be unwise to move him and far too risky to wait, I would volunteer to stay with him. I doubt I can pass through the storm without some way to protect my fire from the elements."
Clenching his teeth the Radeon was glad he had not spoken up with his idea. His trainer toted him everywhere, and seeing fun things had always made him feel a little better. But Felix was not sick in the same way he was. "Thanks Shenron." Seek said, such a word shocking the male. "I can stay too, if you want." He asked both the dragon and fairy hurriedly while taking a couple of awkward steps toward them. Almost immediately, he wondered if he'd be more useful in a hospital setting. He knew a fair bit about medicine stuff, at least the parts that were used on him, he just couldn't read labels like R'hia hopefully could.

Pacing by the door Seek craned her neck to see past buildings and trees. Wind whipped against her face and she had to squint through the driving rain. How far was the center? She swore she could see a red roof in the distance, but the dark, stormy weather made color perception difficult. "Should we stick to the edges then?" She asked the group collectively. "Everythings going to be soaked, but the trees might at least have something solid beneath them." Springy pine needles, solid root base, even stones would make for a non-sloshy path. And we wont be out in the open.
avatar
Baloo
Rookie
Rookie

Age : 24
Posts : 707

Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Baloo on Fri May 18, 2018 3:13 am






Great Marsh|Afternoon (77)

Shenron nodded and turned his gaze to Eleroo. "If that is what you wish to do. I feel if you want to move about unseen a smaller group would be better. Not to exclude of course" He was one of the first to be stashed away in his ball when Baloo wanted to move about unseen. Asura might draw attention but surely the trainer raised Pokemon would understand stealth and he'd move around lightly to compensate. The human and lord Uxie would have their clever means and Seek was small enough to go unseen as well. Not to mention the kit struck him as exceedingly crafty and diligent in her own right. Shenron would not say that out loud of course. Compliments could often boast an ego which would hurt in the end. "Indeed they would be. If you can hug the treeline on your way into town then you may be able to see safer routes to the center. With all that mud and debris you may perhaps even need to cover your tracks, getting in unseen and getting out unseen are crucial" He crossed his paws over in front of him in contemplation. Would it be right to presume they get more then what they were after? The center could have anything inside it. Not just medicine but rations. Blankets. Anything! It might anger anyone else living within the city who laid claim there... Perhaps it best he not say anything.
avatar
R'hia Kyrie
Elite
Elite

Age : 22
Posts : 260

Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by R'hia Kyrie on Wed May 23, 2018 6:33 pm


The Great Marsh – Terminal || Afternoon
Asura 40 || R'hia 16

R'hia already figured that Felix shouldn't move, but she'd hoped there was some other option than splitting up. She left the main group to go to Felix herself, seeing him struggling with- well, with just about anything and everything at this point. She heard his warning as she approached, and kept it in the back of her head for later- he had a very valid point that she'd not thought of, honestly.

She squatted down, groaning with a soft huff as she did so. "We'll be careful. You be safe, alright? You were stubborn enough to get here, so keep it up just a little longer. Your friends and I will bring something back for you!" She was more hopeful now, and it had shone through in her voice; even if it was a little exaggerated, simply to offer him some hope.

She turned to the Charizard, a tone in her voice more akin to a concerned, yet endearing mother now. Then again, with the things she could do with her voice, she could probably nail any tone she so pleased... "If something happens that's more than you can handle, I'd say flee first... perhaps, in a last ditch effort, go to throw your flashiest move out. If you juuust so happen to be by a window so half the city sees and hears what's happening, that may be helpful. It'll draw attention from all parties though... Just, uh, please be careful, no matter what happens?" She was hoping none of the above was necessary. Frankly, if there's any kind of even small scale force launched against the group staying back... Someone could die. She dare not utter it aloud, but it's the truth- Asura and Uxie were likely the two biggest hitters in play here, so deciding exactly who should stay and go will likely revolve around them in focus, though she keeps mind of her own team resting inside of their pokeballs- some doing well enough, With Abbey being a little worse for wear, and Queelag being a poor choice for the rain... still, she'd consider it a two and a half point advantage.

Asura himself was occupied with being somewhat impressed by Seek's changes in tone. He said nothing, but did offer an agreeing grunt as he hears the young flying type's idea. At this point, he saw a quandry growing- if he goes, he's well aware of how he sticks out like a sore thumb. As much as he'd hate to admit... "Perhaps all shall be smoother if I remain as well." He offered only that now, as his fists clenched in a silent but knowing irritation with the situation.

((OOC: Figure this may be as good a time as any to throw out some numbers: Aside from Abbey the Absol, whom is likely at less than 50% health, the rest of her team is currently set to be in good condition, 75%+ HP, decent PP left, but not exactly at full strength.))
avatar
ShadowCharizard
Donator
Donator

Age : 33
Posts : 1102

Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by ShadowCharizard on Sun May 27, 2018 3:29 pm

OoC)) Felix is going idle as he is now unconscious for three rounds.
avatar
Uxie
Veteran Mod
Veteran Mod

Posts : 1017

Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Uxie on Thu May 31, 2018 5:06 pm


❖ Pastoria City + Terminal Building Floor 1 + Afternoon + 36 ❖



"Should we stick to the edges then? Everythings going to be soaked, but the trees might at least have something solid beneath them." Uxie was intrigued to hear the child's tactical suggestion. Shenron mentioned they'd be covering their tracks, a liability he had the leisure of not causing, and something crucial would be assisted as well with this plan. "If you choose to use the trees it will reduce exposure, as well as allow cover in a dangerous situation." However, it was not without risk. The treeline around this city was thick, and weaving between the trunks would be slower than desired in both combat and movement.

Their patient continued to cough before slipping unconscious. Extending his senses outward the legend could still hear his labored breaths, but they had fallen to a more rhythmic pattern. Alive, but unwell. If that was not their cue to leave these Pokemon were hopeless. R'hia valiantly tried to encourage those remaining behind, possibly as a final farewell, but the next to speak was a bit abrupt even for the legend. "Perhaps all shall be smoother if I remain as well."

Did the brutish Pokemon foresee trouble at their base of operations? While Uxie could not claim to know the extent of everyone's abilities and prowess, he was confident in Shenron's protective instincts and skill to defend Felix on his own. No, Uxie found it unlikely for that to be his reason for staying. Of the Pokemon who were leaving, he could not say any had given a definite yes. Seek had an assumed yes by giving a plan, and R'hia as well with her near farewell style speech, but Eleroo had hesitated and the others desired to wait. He had not even considered himself.

With their bulkiest Pokemon laying in wait the legend thought it best to follow the adventuring duo. That is, if said duo was even planning to go. "We should not delay." He spoke as both a warning and a hint to see who would dare the storm.


_________________



UXIE |♎| THE SAFEHOUSE MANAGER
✥ Tutto è permesso in amore ed in guerrA. ✥

avatar
Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Age : 23
Posts : 1911

Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Dandelion on Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:23 pm


The Great Marsh [Terminal] || Afternoon [Storming]
Eleroo 109 || Seek 100


Both Shenron and Uxie seemed to agree with her idea, though the latter definitely added more snark. With an approving nod Seek tried her best to ignore it; now wasn't the time. "I'll make sure to step lightly." She told the dragon, hoping that her naturally light steps wouldn't leave much of a print anyway. Hopefully, they were gone and back fast enough that the rain would wash away any prints before the other Pokemon saw them. "Alright, we should go," she barked, sticking the end of her snout into the door jam. It opened slightly, but the cold droplets of water were immediately dotting her nose. Reeling back in surprise the Aiveon was even more shocked to hear Asura mutter softly, "Perhaps all shall be smoother if I remain as well."

"You're staying here?" Eleroo asked tentatively, perking up from his huddled spot by Felix. Dismay covered his face, shocked that Asura of all Pokemon did not want to go. Was this going to be extra dangerous..? Fear knotted his belly, and he worried that Seek wouldn't have enough protection on her side, or at least enough Pokemon to keep her temper down. Reluctantly, the Radeon crept toward the door. I have hospital skills. He would be useful there, right? He'd have some memory of it, surely. As he got to the door he looked back at their sick friend and prayed he could wait out the mission for them. Suddenly, Seek pressed her muzzle gently into his neck, an affectionate gesture, and any regrets he held started to melt away.

"Whoever stays stays." She explained firmly to him. "We really only need one set of paws to go anyway." Truthfully, Seek didn't agree with her own words. Her paws shouldn't be the only ones going, but she wasn't about to sit back and have the others adventure without her. "We should not delay." Uxie said brusquely, to which the Aiveon nodded. She glanced back at their remaining team, pausing for anyone else to join them, before thrusting the door open and charging outside.

The cold wind and water was instant and harsh compared to the still air of their shelter. Sticking close to the edge of the building the Aiveon bound along it, turning at the corner and charging into the edge of the treeline. Her pelt prickled uncomfortably; on the other side of those trees was the forbidden marsh, and not even a battle would drive her back into it. As her paws made it lightly to the relatively dryer root base,  she paused, thrusting up her ears and shaking out her pelt. Water still streamed down from the branches, but it wasn't like the sheet out in the open, just thick strands of droplets and random splashes. With a hard exhale Seek steadied herself, listening closely for anything suspicious.  "So far so good. I think I saw a red roof to the west earlier. That one could be the center."
avatar
Baloo
Rookie
Rookie

Age : 24
Posts : 707

Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Baloo on Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:46 am





Great Marsh|Afternoon (77)

Shenron lowered his head nodding in affirmation. If it came to that he would gladly take the kit and flee to the heavens if need be. He looked to Asura in concern. What? Why would he stay? Seek, Uxie and the human would need him would they not? Not to say he had no faith in their small party but every team needed a tank. That was just good team composition! "If you feel that way... However I must ask why you feel that way. I will not disagree or point out fault, consider it curiosity" Of course a part of him might feel a tad concerned or slightly annoyed where he had no reason to. If someone didn't want to leave, he could not force or coerce them to. That wasn't him and it certainly wasn't how he was raised. Shenron stretched his arms out coming around Felix further allotting him warmth feeling the cold wind nip at his wings. "I agree. Make haste but be careful. I feel most of the undead do not venture out in the rain as it masks the scent of prey but our main problem might not be them... I offer you the same statement. If the situation becomes desperate, I will be willing to draw attention if need be. At least long enough for you to get away or return here" With that said and a small flutter of his wings, Shenron tucked his body in close to preserve body heat and rested his head on his paws. He wouldn't be going sleep or relaxing of course. He just wanted to watch and be ready. Anything could happen.
avatar
R'hia Kyrie
Elite
Elite

Age : 22
Posts : 260

Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by R'hia Kyrie on Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:34 pm


The Great Marsh – Terminal || Afternoon
Asura 41 || R'hia 17

The lines were quickly forming on the splitting allies, And both teams seemed plenty capable, in some ways stronger than others. Both the human and her old friend recognize that Seek's taking this seriously, and hunker down mentally- it's time for both to do the same.

Asura simply nods towards R'hia, a vote of confidence in the young woman, before gruffly wishing well. "Return safely." As he returns though, Shenron quickly voices his concern. With a grunt, his tone is already... tangibly frustrated- though it's hopefully clear that this frustration is not directed towards the Charizard. "It would be best to avoid a confrontation. I do not blend well with most environments, nor do I excel at quieting my noise. If they can get in and out without a big fight, would that not be the best?" His logic is there, but it's evident that he only believes in it to a certain extent as he looses a grunting sigh. "And yes, there may be a fight... but if Uxie can help avoid the conflict altogether, there need be as few as possible to teleport away." His thought process hinged on multiple 'what-if' questions, and-

"We should not delay." His choice would have to remain- the time had come and gone to change his mind.

R'hia takes the time to fasten her belts to her waist- complementary as a pair, but kept seperate as to not lose all of her options if a belt is cut or discarded. One kept her blades at her hip, the other holding her team. She ponders letting one out, but determines that it should be done only if needed- the less bodies, the better. Besides, her team was well-kempt in the art of being ready on release. She rifled through her bag- still some rations, a single Oran, and other precious cargo. She loaded some into something akin to a fanny pack, albeit a more compact version. Taking all her supplies on a trip to return from would be as foolish as taking none at all. She catches Asura's silent farewell and nods in return,  running out with the others. She may not be a quadraped, but she's fit enough to keep up within reason!

With the others leaving, Asura returns to Shenron, sitting beside the Charizard and using a hushed voice. "I am more concerned with events here, as well. They are likely unaware of the others' departure- if they come here, they could come in great force. To have only us here fighting will be difficult, and this is before we must take concern for Felix and his ailing body... This was the biggest part to him. Less than being a hindrance to the others, he finds himself concerned with the idea of succeeding in the mission only to return to death and destruction of those they sought to protect.
avatar
Uxie
Veteran Mod
Veteran Mod

Posts : 1017

Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Uxie on Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:26 pm


❖ Pastoria City + Terminal Building Floor 1 + Afternoon + 37 ❖


The departure was sudden but not ungraceful as the party made their way into the city. The chill from the outside was instant and most apparent to the legend, though he was spared the worst of it as the droplets beaded off his grey skin. Seek moved swiftly, perhaps without thought for the gait of the others, but even the legend agreed the cover from the trees was more comforting than being in the open without his cloak. Again, their pace jerked as Seek stopped within their shelter and, seemingly for the first time, surveyed their surroundings.

"So far so good. I think I saw a red roof to the west earlier. That one could be the center."

He had gifted mankind with thought, problem solving, and the ability to learn, but while he had watched that gift develop (for better or worse) there was much to what humans did that he did not fully know. Pokemon Centers, as they were called, were places of medical care and healing that humans would bring their companions to. That concept was simple, but their structural design was irrelevant knowledge to him and could only be surmised. By Seek's statement, he could conclude that many if not all Pokemon Center sported red shingles for easy recognition.

However, that was not his concern. The rest of the group would know their destination when they saw it and then he could take in what information he lacked. Instead, Uxie lifted, heading upward into the branches and he spread his senses around them. There were no malicious or anxious presences in the immediate vicinity, meaning nothing had spotted them thus far, but he expected that to change the closer they got to their target.

Falling back to a normal level he spoke to R'hia but did not turn to face her. "Would any of your companions have sleep inducing moves?" If they spotted a guard or spy, sudden sleep could save their discovery long enough to retrieve the medicine. "Preferably not of the powder varieties with the current weather."


_________________



UXIE |♎| THE SAFEHOUSE MANAGER
✥ Tutto è permesso in amore ed in guerrA. ✥


Sponsored content

Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:34 pm