Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the outbreak.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Catalyst. The Banner was made by Lady Silverfishes. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

(ACE) The MARSH Team

Uxie
Veteran Mod
Veteran Mod

Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Uxie on Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:34 pm

❖ The Great Marsh + Terminal Building Floor 1 + Noon + 24 ❖

Uxie watched as the small group eviscerated a set of machinery and raided its contents. Small containers of what he could only assume to be food were removed en masse and devoured as though the party had not eaten in days. While no one was in stellar physical condition it was clear these Pokemon were not at the point of starvation. Thus such behavior was demeaning and unnecessary, so the pixie distanced himself from the feeding Pokemon.

The small respite he was taking here was dragging on, the rest he wished to accumulate turning into an undignified use of a legendary's power. In truth, it would not be unwise for him to move on earlier than anticipated, but before that possibility could fully formulate the psychic was approached. Having either paused or concluded his previous conversation the Machamp rejoined his fellow Pokemon by, queerly, approaching him and speaking in a very direct way. ”Unless you shall join in the dining, I must speak with you. It would be best to do so… privately.”

He bobbed scarcely higher and lower in his hover. Did the copper toned fighter not wish to feed, or was he sacrificing his share for the good of others? The smaller Pokemon would have a harder time keeping their glucose levels up, but his massive muscles did not fuel themselves. Regardless, that was not his business and, at least at this time, would not receive an inquiry. "You're not the first, nor will you be the last." He states blandly with the same hushed tone as Asura, and drifted inconspicuously toward the office.

Previously, this room held little meaning and no interest to the legend. It still didn't, but as an alternative to returning upstairs it would suffice  for their conversation. "What concerns do you have that require my attention." He asked not plainly as a question, but a response to simply continue the Machamp's dialogue. His emotional state appeared to be much more stable than the Sylveon's and Uxie surmised his needs would be vastly different as well.

UXIE |♎| THE SAFEHOUSE MANAGER
✥ Tutto è permesso in amore ed in guerrA. ✥

Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Dandelion on Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:14 pm

The Great Marsh [Terminal] || Noon [Storming]
Eleroo 95 || Seek 86

"There's some just on the left side of the entrance, but stick close to the building. Though I should also let you guys know that we got a much heavier rain coming. At best we got only a few minutes before it gets to the point where it becomes blinding." Turning like a Deerling who's heard a hunter Seek stares at the inside of the portion of wall Felix meant. "Sweet." She says, no pun intended as she grabs a couple berries. "The fresh stuff is always better." Pattering back to Eleroo she plopped the berries down and took a bite out of one of the pechas. It was a little damp but otherwise perfect and full of flavor. Felix came over as well with the rest of his haul, thinking aloud, "My throat feels odd, as if I yelled or something." For a second the eeveelution's face twists and her eating stops. His throat hurt and he was messing with their food? Gross! But the shock of that thought falls prey to reason- he had been doing something or another upstairs with what sounded like a lot of attacks. He probably just worked himself raw.

"Anyways, I could use some help getting the rest of the berries before the rain really starts coming down." Eleroo sat quietly, eating and just trying to relax as he saw disgust spark in Seek's eyes. "But the rain is already really coming down." She groaned, shuddering as though her body was actively remembering their trek through the swamp. Well, she clearly wasn't about to do it. I could but.. it already took so long to get warm. His thin fur and lack of insulation was not meant for this place. Looking over his shoulder Eleroo hopes one of the others would be up to volunteer, but Asura is walking off with Abra and Shenron would have it even worse than himself. Well if Seek wont I probably..--

”Eleroo, Seek, mind if I have a seat?" While she didn't sneak up on them R'hia's voice is unexpected, and Eleroo's head turned so fast his eyes and thoughts can't keep up. They twitch with pain and his train of thought completely blanks out. "Of course!" Seek chimes, her voice actually genuine instead of the usual sarcastic snark. "The more the merrier." "Yeah," he agreed, still a little dizzy. "You should stay, too." He spoke softly to Felix. ""No need to get wet again." Its not like the berries were going anywhere, right?

Feeling his anxiety settle Eleroo's muscles relaxed and he was able to take another bite of his cookie. To have food and friends in a shelter.. it was almost like Azalea again, minus the bad parts. "Hey R'hia," he asks, trying to built up soem courage and conversation. "Asura said you guys have known each other a while, but how did you meet?" Hopefully he wouldn't seem like he was prying, just curious. Ears high, Seek seemed to have her own interest piqued. "You know each other?" What were the odds.
Baloo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Baloo on Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:51 am

Great Marsh|Afternoon (63)

Shenron removed his head from the machine at last with the curled racks clinging to his horns and a package of popcorn in his mouth. He sat down looking around with the snack currently popping in response to his body heat and noticed everyone had moved to the other room. Shenron peeked at them listening to the conversation only brought out of his eavesdropping by the popcorn popping open and spilling hot delicious-ness onto his tongue. "Mmm... What's this about berries outdoors? Do you request my assistance?" Of course he hated rain but with his wings carefully angled protecting his flame then it'd be no pressing issue. He held the bag up pouring the contents into his mouth and swallowing hard. Shenron turned his head to the side listening to the rain start to pick up just a bit. "However I do suggest we make haste if that's the plan. Rain could drive something right into us if we're out when it gets heavy" It worked with bugs so one could assume it'd bring out the infected as well. It'd be a good time to run as well since there'd be no way to track... A very poor decision however.
R'hia Kyrie
Elite
Elite

Post by R'hia Kyrie on Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:27 pm

The Great Marsh – Terminal || Noon
Asura 30 || R'hia 06

Asura simply nods at the psychic’s assertion. The machamp knew that his inquiry likely came across as suspect- and to a fair extent it was, even if not ill intended. His posture is relaxed, he wasn’t braced nor was he tense- giving no indication of aggression, save his usual forward and blunt demeanor. Typically, he’d not wish for privacy, but given some of the company that is kept here… it would be wise. He followed the other to the office, before making sure none were within easy earshot without making it obvious that he was checking. "What concerns do you have that require my attention."

Straight to the point. A trait to be appreciated, in the gruff Machamp’s mind. ”What is your source of food?” Then again… sometimes there could be such a thing as too blunt. Asura trusted that the Abra before him would be of a reasonable mind, not to get defensive- or even aggressive- on the topic. ”I’ve no intent to take it for my own, but I find it hard to believe that you would be wandering with no food in your access. However, if there is a reliable source of supply nearby, and you’ve any to spare, I ask that you do.” His voice is earnest, a step down from the norm of brash or assertive in tone.

”I also know you could have likely fled or even fought earlier, when Seek chose to act as the child she is. Have you reason to stay here, within this particular building? This is the one thing he found odd. Even if calmer minds could see the tantrum was nothing more than that, none before had been in a similar situation, and kept such a calm demeanor. If it was truly just a wiser Pokemon, seeing the tantrum for what it was, he’d accept such an answer. But he cannot shake the thought that there may be something important about this place, or near this place, that extends past shelter from the storm.

_

Seek seems notably more casual than their first encounter a short while ago, but R’hia still smiles with warmth in her expression as she sits, a soft grunt rising from her chest as she plops her rump down, going criss cross and leaning against a wall. She looks around, trying to get a better sense of just who was around- though there seemed to be a few separated groups. She had seen Asura wandering off with the Abra, and he seemed a little gruff when he left- though she knew him better than to think he would do anything rash. Or… well, at least nothing physically rash. She dazes, pondering- she’d not encountered any other group like this in a while. Matter of fact, she usually avoided groups, better safe than sorry. Not for a lack of faith in people, or that’s what she told herself at least. But this all just kind of happened by chance, freak coincidence of Asura being there aside… perhaps it would be for the best.

"Hey R'hia," Eleroo’s voice snapped her to attention, sitting up once again. "Asura said you guys have known each other a while, but how did you meet?"

Well, I was born. And we met! That’s that.” She snickers at her teasing answer, before leaning forward to give more than that to the story. ”Well, I guess I should elaborate juuust a little. See, my parents were breeders, small-time. Asura was already around when I was born… he always stuck out like a very sore, orange thumb. But he always was kinda… rough around the edges? Not the best at being a social pokemon, but he always had a good heart, in spite of his brash tendencies.” She reminisces, chuckling a bit. ”The others would look to him for protection, since some of the others were a little… mean. Bullies, in a way. Asura would rather quickly take care of them… he talks best with his hands.” She smiles, shaking her head at the story, and frankly, she could give plenty of them. ”Last I saw him, was when his trainer that adopted him came back to evolve him. I went my own way soon after, before the epidemic began, and until now… haven’t seen him. How’s he been doing with you guys? Not too awkward I hope? She chuckles, feeling relaxed and lighthearted with the nostalgia.
Uxie
Veteran Mod
Veteran Mod

Post by Uxie on Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:42 am

❖ The Great Marsh + Terminal Building Floor 1 + Noon + 25 ❖

As Asura gave his initial question Uxie was silent. While he was not surprised, per say, that was not in the realm of inquires he had been expecting and at his lack of response Asura continued. ”I’ve no intent to take it for my own, but I find it hard to believe that you would be wandering with no food in your access. However, if there is a reliable source of supply nearby, and you’ve any to spare, I ask that you do.”

Despite the oddity of one such as himself being in a place such as this he did not believe himself to be wandering. His destination was no one place, but a progressive path to observe and discover specific things, thus not making it aimless which was the nature of wandering. Choosing to ignore that irritant the legend collected a response for Asura's proper question.

"As a Psychic I've the luxury of swift travel via teleportation and levitation. Using the latter I can efficiently and quickly travel vast distances, though I doubt this is new knowledge for you." As a legend and a Pokemon that often sleeps for vast amounts of time, his intake of food could be severely reduced without much consequence. His energy always restored through rest, not feasting, though the sugars did return him to full strength quicker if needed.

"As I have mentioned, I have some knowledge of this area, due to prior visits. As such I do know of groves both behind and ahead of us." He paused, staring into the Machamp's mind's eye. "However, though the travel would be relatively short for me, I fear it would not be worth the effort if you plan to make a round trip."

A follow up question felt imitate, as though he should respond to it now. While teleportation was a facile act for him that did not diminish the fact that multiple instances of it was heavily taxing. To collect the berries and come back while already being in a lowered state of energy would be a folly. To do so in such weather would only invite further complications. Again, the pixie is reminded of the respite he was being denied, and while such emotions were beneath him the seeds of resent rustled within him.

”I also know you could have likely fled or even fought earlier, when Seek chose to act as the child she is. Have you reason to stay here, within this particular building? Ah yes, the child's vacuous act of an offensive defense. Were he an undead she could not of escaped the confrontation unscathed. "This city is one of the driest places in the surrounding area at this time of year and happens to be along the path I am traveling. While this building has little significance aside form being abandoned when I entered it, and even with my preference for a more natural shelter, it made for a secluded place of rest. An opportunity not to be taken lightly."

The rhythmic bob of his floating ceased as the legend tensed up. "Which, as you may have noticed, was interrupted regardless."

Dandelion
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Dandelion on Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:44 pm

The Great Marsh [Terminal] || Noon [Storming]
Eleroo 96 || Seek 87

"Well, I was born. And we met! That’s that.” While Eleroo's soft chuckling matched the humans Seek's faced puffed up and had a set frown. Brushing one of his paws over her shoulder the Radeon hoped she'd lighten up but the Aiveon just brushed him away with a flick of her wing. "There's more than that!" That story worked for everyone. It didn't have all the things that made it special! But as R'hia explained it a bit more thoroughly she saw that was really what it was; a friendship as long as she could remember.

A light tingle tickled its way down Eleroo's spine at the story. So Asura had always been this way? An intimidating fellow with a big heart? He had certainly shown those qualities, especially to him. What a cool guy. ”How’s he been doing with you guys? Not too awkward I hope? While Eleroo gave a small, sheepish smile Seek beamed at the question and quickly overtook his reply. "He's been great." She says earnestly, though her tone seemed to be weakly edged with contempt. "We'd be lost without him!" Glad that she corrected herself Eleroo nodded in agreement. He's been a great help. And just like you remember." Everything the Machamp had done was with consideration of the others, and with more physical capabilities then the rest of them, that went a long ways.

The rich, unmistakable scent of popcorn wafted around Seek, the sound even more so as she turned to see Shenron coming to join them. "Mmm... What's this about berries outdoors? Do you request my assistance?" Jackpot, her ticket to a dry pelt. "Felix found some berries and needs help with them." She tried to volunteer the dragon. Well, more like throwing him under the bus. "If you don't mind getting wet. You'd probably dry off faster than I can." Digging her muzzle into her bag of pretzels she munch up another bite before tilting her head and continuing. "If theres a lot.. maybe we should save these snack things?" But they had already raided the machine at this point. "Though, if there was food here the rest of the town probably has stuff still. We should check it out when the rain lets up a bit."
Baloo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Baloo on Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:58 am

Great Marsh|Afternoon (64)

Shenron listened to the Eeveelution's case nodding and giving hmms to her assertion. He gave the small group an unintentional critical look lingering some on the human and Sylveon. "Very well..! You do make a reasonable case and very understandable if I do say so myself. Allow me to go see then" After taking a cautionary scent of the rich damp scent of berry flesh and the sweet bite of the actual fruit currently lingering on their hungry little muzzles, Shenron turned towards the door. He factored in his mind exactly how much liquid it'd take to smother his seasoned flame and lead to his death. Contemplated it. Really ran it through his mind. This was life and death for him. His paw was on the frame feeling a dull pitter pat of rain against it. The rain was harder on the opposite side of the building that was for sure and was a good thing to have in his favor. With no real reason to hesitate as cowardice wasn't in his nature, Shenron carefully pushed the door open. Cold air and light mist rushed in past him smothered by his body heat but Shenron squinted against it continuing out. He sniffed hard trying to find the berry scents among the rain but having little luck. However this rare moment of peace reintroduced him to a fond memory of splashing in after rain puddles. Wiggling his wide toes into squishy mud. There were few things to remind him as such nowadays... Shenron turned towards the building side with his flame tucked safely away watching a battered berry bush shake in the wind. There were few under ripe berries among it's leaves and his tongue curled in reflexive disgust remembering the sting of bitter fruit. Seek definitely would not accept those... Surely there was better fruit nearby in reach. He didn't want to go far and risk getting hurt, sick or even lost...

((OoC: Sorry for the late reply guys, I had a sudden family emergency that needed tending to! If anyone wants to follow or try to stop dear Ronny, be my guest))
R'hia Kyrie
Elite
Elite

Post by R'hia Kyrie on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:04 pm

The Great Marsh – Terminal || Afternoon
Asura 31 || R'hia 07

Asura listened with a stern look about him- making sure to take every word and point into account. And… as the Psychic speaks, the more sense is made. While Asura isn’t a connoisseur of deduction, he didn’t feel as though the one before him was being manipulative, at least not blatantly or greatly so. Perhaps trying to dissuade any intent to venture to this grove that was mentioned, yet he could understand why; to leave in search of it, here and now, would only tempt the forces that be to antagonize them further. He nods in response to the idea, grunting in a little displeasure. ”I would have to agree. Such a movement would be foolish in these conditions.” He takes a long sigh, having hoped for at least some small hope for more substantial food, but he expected nothing less than just this. He bore no ill will- he believed that the Abra had answered honestly, and such was all he wished. To lash out simply because it was not an answer he desired, would make him a fool.

He stands there still, another question to be answered. "…it made for a secluded place of rest. An opportunity not to be taken lightly." This is true- after all this time wandering, and after last night as a splendidly woeful example, he understands the value of some semblance of safety to rest within. The psychic would easily be able to tell if there was anyone- or anything- within the building. It was secure enough, and with the storm, any mindful ears would be able to hear the howling wind upon others entering. Seek likely stumbled upon him as he was trying to rest, as it is. "Which, as you may have noticed, was interrupted regardless."

Asura nods, turning away. ”Then rest as you please. I’ll seek to make the others allow you your privacy. He walks away, returning towards the group, as Shenron begins to make for the door. He follows, pondering… as he too, exits, the storm still going on, even if it isn’t as… rough, having had some break from it. He looks around, catching up and resting a hand on Shenron’s shoulder. He quickly understood what was being done. ”Please, go inside. I will gather these.” His statement is stern, yet not a demand. Asura was in a better position to be doing this- he does have more arms, at the very least. Even if he’s not necessarily in better shape than Shenron, the dangers he’d face are far more perilous as a fire type, especially his species.
He takes his time, wandering near to the gate, only occasionally going farther out when spotting a tree ripened with fruit. He gathers them indiscriminately- sour, sweet, he’s hardly ever cared enough to learn which tasted as such, even if he had his preferences. Food is food. As he grasped and pulled the berries down, he’d accidentally end up squishing some between his fingers by mistake on occasion. He’d do his best to return with two armfuls of berries- he even feeds himself some, knowing how he hungered so, as to get his share done and over with to leave more room for berries in his arms.

-

R’hia can’t help but smile wide, hearing how her big, oafy friend was still good at being a big, oafy friend. She reaches into her bag, snagging what seems to be the mangled packaging for a snack bar, and peels it open- the contents just as thrashed, but edible at least. Perks of all those unnatural preservatives pumped into shit back in the day. The big ‘Zard comes on through, at the mention of the berries, and- well, she can’t NOT see the all but lazy ways in which Seek brushes the task of berry collecting off to him. She’s reluctant to say anything, but as he goes out the door, she moves to stand- only to see Asura doing as she was. Did she really just…? Even knowing what could happen? She grimaces, clearly a little unhappy, but sighs and shakes it off. Knowing Asura, the dragon type would be back inside within a minute.

She returns to her seating position, leaning once more, thinking of what they said before hand. He was throwing himself at danger, as per usual, but he was defending others… as per usual. ”Well, it sounds like he likes y’all well enough. Especially you, Eleroo. He never realizes when he does it, but the way he was talking about everyone, he’s clearly taken to you a little. And what happened last night, it sounds like things got… rough, for him. But you’re all still with him, so… thank you!” She smiles wide, happy he was doing well at all, let alone in good company.[/color]
ShadowCharizard
Donator
Donator

Post by ShadowCharizard on Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:58 pm

The Great Marsh|Afternoon

Felix didn't catch what was being said to R'hia and being caught up on wanting to get more berries, but Eleroo had stopped him addressing his concerns. "You should stay, too. Sounded like he was more concerned of him catching something out there. "No need to get wet again." The Sylveon took Eleroo's word and stayed to dry out and warm up. He walked over to where the warmest area was to warm up and dry out. Still the feeling in his throat was unusual and somewhat concerning. Whatever he did had definitely made it worth keeping aware of. Though for now, he sat and dripped dry while cleaning his fur. This rain could get even heavier if the storm worsens. It might even wash the berries away if it starts to flood. Concerning it is to think that, the possibility is always there. The Eeveelution may not know this region well, but monsoons are usually very dangerous if they're caught in the open without shelter. The Fairy type looked out the window seeing the sky starting to darken again. This could mean one thing, another storm is coming in.

Shenron had went out the door before giving an uneasy look to both him and R'hia. This maybe a sign that he may need help, but Felix couldn't do anything without getting told to stay inside. It was going to get harder to see out there if another band of heavy rain came. Asura had walked passed him and just now did he notice that Asura was walking out the door. Is he going out to help Shenron? It was foolish of me to go out there on my own. I just hope that this feeling in my throat isn't anything serious. Like so, normally the feelings in his throat usually means he's getting ill, but he didn't know how ill he would become so it was something to be watching for. The eeveelution knew he didn't get bit or had anything tainted in him so it might be a cold. Yet, he should stay close to the warm spot if need be. After a while he went to lay down watching both R'hia and Eleroo talk. Felix wished he could have a conversation with his trainer. It would of helped him a lot with understanding his human better.

Seeing the water soak up the floor at the spot he was at, it was like a pool of water filling up a tub. "Is there a fire place somewhere? It would be nice to keep warm if we're stuck here for the night." The Sylveon said from the spot he laid at. The feeling in his throat felt scratchy and itchy at the same time. Something could be wrong if he gets sick in the middle of the night. Last time he felt like this was back in his home region of Kalos. So now he began to think it might be something else that could be serious. For now though, he curled up and tried to keep himself warm. "I'm feeling a little chilly. Maybe I'm just wet still. Eleroo, thanks for stopping me from going out there. I would of gotten lost or sick out there if I went." Though he couldn't tell them that he was catching something, he would have to be ready to tell them if it gets bad.

OoC)) Felix might be getting more colder as time goes by, but I'm debating what he'll be catching that could keep him from fighting or helping out for a while.
Uxie
Veteran Mod
Veteran Mod

Post by Uxie on Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:46 pm

(OoC: I shall pass this round.)

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:47 am