Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+17
R'hia Kyrie
Requiem
Green
Kabutops
BatEmmaman
Moon Moon
Radeon
Duma
Linoone
Chroma
SkeletonCupcake
Min
Snitch
Kaze
renegade
Nightfall
Silverishness
21 posters

(ACE) The MARSH Team

Anonymous

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 4 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:45 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Great Marsh|Dawn
    (13)

Rhea had been dead asleep, but for how long she had no idea. She felt more rested than she should have which could only mean that Virgil let her sleep rather than cycle shifts. She could hear soft buzzing, like people talking, but to her sleep filled mind it was all just noise. She could sort of make out who it was by the tone. Rhea muttered to herself as her mind began to rouse her, and anyone listening might have heard something that sounded like 'pain in the ass' and something about 'cats'.

When the egg she had so carefully wrapped her tail and arm around began scratching she peeked one eye open to look at it. It wouldn't be much longer now, and her baby would be with them. She would have to work extra hard to keep her safe when the little one hatched, because a baby would be much harder to control than a simple egg. She snorted to herself, a little amused by the mental image. She only jerked fully awake when a horrific scream tore through the small cavern.

Everyone was on alert at once, and Rhea noticed she was the last to wake. Huh, she must have been more tired than she thought. Maybe Virgil wasn't such a pain for letting her sleep in. It was still irritating though. Everyone was staring at Arceus, was it her that screamed? How odd. The bug didn't seem the type. She listened to everyone chiming in and just kept her mouth shut, as she wasn't too sure what was going on anyway.

It wasn't until a bright light filled their small cave that got worried. Suddenly, from out of the pokeball the scorpion seemed to never let go of, another Pokemon appeared. The purple bug seemed just as shocked as everyone else when suddenly she said the name 'Fynne'. Rhea sighed and put one clawed hand on her forehead. This one was acting more childish than the actual kids in the group. Just what she needed, another mouth to feed and another back to watch. She grumbled to herself, shot the duo a look that said 'we'll talk later' and stepped out into the morning sun to stretch.

Tapping a claw on her egg she looked around. Everything was still standing so that was a good thing. No natural, or in the case of the undead, unnatural, disasters had struck. So what they all needed to do now was find some breakfast and get the hell moving. She didn't want to spend another night in this swamp. Rhea wanted to raise her child somewhere safe, and wide, and open. She missed her Safari Zone. The Kangaskhan turned to Virgil and motioned him over, digging into her pouch and offering him the berries she forgot to give him last night. "You need them more than I do right now," she told him. "We'll find breakfast on the way."

She turned to the rest of her little 'family' and cleared her throat. "Okay everyone, finish your introductions to the new kid and lets get the hell out of here. I am not hatching an egg in this place."
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:42 am

Post 15

Great Marsh| Dawn

The fur on Virgil's back stood on end as the pokeball in Arceus' claw popped, a red light illuminating the area. A strange dragon-like pokemon appeared, its head like a hammer and fins like a fish. It cowered immediately, to which the liepard couldn't help a frown. It was obviously an evolved pokemon... why did it hide and fear them?

His train of thought was interrupted by Rhea's bulk, and as he looked up to the kangaskhan, who offered him berries. He stared at her for a moment, confused, before she spoke. "You need them more than I do right now," she told him. "We'll find breakfast on the way."

While he didn't like taking food from others -that weren't human- he sighed. She was not the person to argue with... and he was too hungry to pass the berries up. He ate them greedily, wolfing them down as she addressed the others. "Okay everyone, finish your introductions to the new kid and lets get the hell out of here. I am not hatching an egg in this place."

A sigh of content escaped him as his belly rejoiced at the fact that something was in it other than bile. He turned to the new companion, tilting his head a little. "...Welcome," he said with a small smile. "My name's Virgil. That's Mom, by the way," he nodded toward Rhea, then promptly followed her. "She's not as bad as she makes herself out to be," he added with a swish of his tail.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:33 pm

Great Marsh | Dawn | 11

Carmen was astounded at the bright flash of light which seemed to emerge from the Poké Ball. Once the light had passed, Carmen was even more astounded. A new Pokémon was standing in front of them. Carmen had never seen this species before, but what really amazed her was that it had come from within the Poké Ball which Arceus had constantly carried since Carmen had met her. She had not seen a working Poké Ball since the virus had begun to take over. She had always thought it was broken, and tat it was perhaps Arceus own Poké Ball, as a keepsake from her trainer, never that it would house another Pokémon, who looked absolutely terrified.

"Okay everyone, finish your introductions to the new kid and lets get the hell out of here. I am not hatching an egg in this place."

"Welcome. My name's Virgil. That's Mom, by the way. She's not as bad as she makes herself out to be."

Carmen walked up to the Pokémon, who cowered in fer from the group.

"Hi, I, I'm Carmen."

She was still surprised at the fact that a Pokémon had been inside the Poké Ball that she had been near for so long, but had not emerged. Then she realized, the scream must have been... Fynne? Was that what Arceus had called it? Fynne. Yes, Fynne. Yay, just what Carmen wanted. Another psycho Pokémon. Just looking at it, she could tell it was confused. It probably hadn't been out of it's Poké Ball in so long. Did it even know of the infection? Carmen looked him up and down.

"He looks dangerous, more dangerous than the overgrown cockroach over there."

Thought Carmen. He looked intimidating, but... she couldn't put her claw on it. Something was off about him. There was also something Carmen liked about him, but again, she wasn't sure what. He looked... Handsome? Was that the word humans used?
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:01 pm

Great Marsh/Dawn (14)

"Whoooooa..."

Martha recognised the new Pokemon with great awe as a Garchomp, a Pokemon native to Sinnoh. He was so huge, so impressive ... yet why was he cowering on the ground in such a way? She would've thought that a big, strong Pokemon like that had nothing to fear. The Flaaffy tilted her head curiously as she examined the newcomer, whom Arceus called 'Fynne.'

"Okay everyone, finish your introductions to the new kid and lets get the hell out of here," Mum said. "I am not hatching an egg in this place."

Martha nodded 'yes' and carefully toddled over to the trembling Garchomp so she didn't frighten him further. She quietly cleared her throat and softly tapped the dragon's fin. "Hello, my name is Martha. Your name is Fynne? That's a nice name. Hey, why are you so scared? We're not going to hurt you! We're all friends here!"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:56 pm

Great Marsh/Dawn (14)

Amita watched with slightly widen eyes as the ball gave a flash of light and then she recognized the new Pokemon as her fellow Region Pokemon known as Garchomp. Though she wondered why the dragon-type Pokemon is acting like he is with him being a full grown evolution like him to be frighten of them. She also thought it was very curious to see him acting like he does but she didn't let it worry her as she heard 'Mom' say, "Okay everyone, finish your introductions to the new kid and lets get the hell out of here. I am not hatching an egg in this place." Amita nodded and decided to go ahead and get her introduction out of the way. She gently flew down to ground level and moved a little closer, though being cautious as she moved closer, to the Drapion and Garchomp and said softly and gently, Hello, my name is Amita and it's nice to meet you. She had heard Arceus say the Garchomp's name but she wasn't sure if he will calm down if she said his name right away. She then looked up nervously at the Drapion hoping to not get on her bad side though she was confident she could handle the bug like Pokemon in battle she didn't want to take any chances.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:03 pm

Great Marsh|Morning
    (14)

She was tired of waiting for all of them. How long did it take to say, 'Hi, I'm -insert name here-' and get it the hell over with? Virgil was the first to come back out, which didn't surprise the Kangaskhan much, and joined her side. She liked the cat and was happy to have his company, and she had someone to tell the good news. "Hey Virg, guess what?" she began, scratching her egg lightly. "It already started moving. Won't be long now." A soft, content smile drew lazily across her face as she told him, and Rhea couldn't care less. She was honestly happy that her baby would be with them soon. But, it was the main reason she didn't want to be sitting here in this swamp waiting on a bunch of kids.

Sticking her head back into the cavern she noticed the problem. New kid was spazzing out and Arceus was trying to calm him. Huh. That was a switch. She wasn't entirely sure what happened, but it could probably boil down to one of the kids, probably the Charmander, doing something stupid. "Fynne has a kind of brain disorder. He is extremely sensetive to loud sounds and lights... And others. If you speak to him, please be gentle and quiet." Rhea stared at the scorpion and blinked. Not really what she had expected. "I understand if you will want to leave us behind. I can handle him but he could bring accidental danger to you." Well now THAT was stupid.

Rhea marched back in and stared down her nose at Arceus. "You are coming with, and no arguments." Rhea tried to be as quiet and calm as possible, using her 'mother' voice. "Your friend too, if he wants. No one is going to tell you otherwise." She made a pointed stare at Carmen when she said that. Pointing at said Charmander she continued, "And don't you think there are a few 'other' things in this little entourage that could bring accidental danger before he does?" She finished with a smile at Arceus, hoping that it would ease her worries. She looked back out and sighed, wanting to get moving before they lost the morning. "Can we all go now?"
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:55 pm

Post 16

Great Marsh| Morning

Virgil didn't notice the garchomp's reaction to everyone introducing themselves, so he simply walked beside Rhea, glad to be in her company again. Sanity was hard to come by these days, and he was determined to clamp onto any he could find. The others could have their little rally for the moment, he just wanted out of there before the Dead found them... which was inevitable, with all the noise they were making. Idiots.

"Hey, Virg, guess what?" he heard Rhea ask beside him. He hadn't been called "Virg" in such a long time... the old nickname made him smile. He looked up to her to see a grin on her face, beaming with pride. "It already started moving. Won't be long now," she continued, scratching at her egg lightly. A genuine smile came from him.

"Congratulations," he offered. An egg was always bad news with he and his family, but he could never frown when another of his siblings hatched. A fresh face, a fresh life... and another mouth to feed.

It wasn't long though, that he found he was musing by himself as Rhea marched back over to the others, more specifically to Arceus and the new dragon. She yelled at them a fair bit, saying that they were going to go with them, and that was that. Virgil couldn't help but allow a sigh escape him. The kangaskhan never ceased to surprise him...

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:14 pm

Great Marsh | Dawn | 11

The large Pokémon withdrew and looked scared. Arceus explained to them that Fynne had a... problem. He was sensitive to loud sounds and lights, which could be worse after being in the dark abyss if a Poké Ball, the light outside would be painful. Carmen decided that she would watch herself around Fynne, for her, and everyone elses safety.

"Sorry, I guess we'd better get going, Mums ready."

Carmen whispered to Amita and Martha.

"She's in a grumpy mood, she needs to lighten up, I mean, it's not like we're babies. We're a team of a Drapion, a Kangaskhan, a Liepard, a Charmander, a Flaafy and a Honchkrow, and, if able to help, a... Whatever that thing is. What even is it?"

Carmen looked at the newcomer, slightly intimidated by his size, not that she'd ever show it, and saddened at his issues, such a powerful looking Pokémon should not be so scared, and if it is, perhaps it could try to hide it, so that Fynne could look intimidating to enemies. If she were an infected, she would not want to go up against him.
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:50 pm

Great Marsh/Dawn (15)

Martha didn't know what to think or how to react when Fynne threw himself onto the ground and began to scream. Somehow it was amusing to see such a huge, powerful Pokemon like Garchomp break down like a child throwing a tantrum, but she quickly slapped that part of her away and scolded herself for thinking such horrid thoughts. She felt sad that a Pokemon like that had to depend on others to look out for him. Those sharp teeth and deadly claws ... he could tear them all to shreds if he wanted to.

Arceus whispered something to him though and he calmed down. Afterwards, she turned to them all and spoke in a gentle voice. "Fynne has a kind of brain disorder. He is extremely sensetive to loud sounds and lights... And others. If you speak to him, please be gentle and quiet." Martha smiled kindly and nodded. "I understand if you will want to leave us behind. I can handle him but he could bring accidental danger to you."

Mum provided Martha's answer for her in her own fashion, but the Flaaffy backed her up by waving her little arms in protest and saying: "Nooo, we can't leave you behind! We're all friends now, right? We wouldn't be very good friends if we abandoned you in a place like this, would we?"

"She's in a grumpy mood, she needs to lighten up, I mean, it's not like we're babies," Carmen then whispered to her and Amita. "We're a team of a Drapion, a Kangaskhan, a Liepard, a Charmander, a Flaafy and a Honchkrow, and, if able to help, a... Whatever that thing is. What even is it?"

"It's a Garchomp," Martha said. "A Dragon-type that lives here in Sinnoh. I've only ever seen one of them before now."

"Can we all go now?" Mum asked impatiently. Martha nodded, yawned one last time and started to walk alongside the Kangaskhan. "Soo ... where are we going, Mum? To the city?"
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:06 pm

Great Marsh/Dawn (15)

Amita listen to what everyone said around her and looked at the Garchomp putting that info in her memory so she will be sure she doesn't startle him or anything the next time she speaks to him. She looked at Arceus and said as softly and quietly as she could so she wouldn't upset Fynne and said, I'll remember that Arceus. I'm sorry I hadn't spoken before this but I didn't know what to say when we first met you. She gave the Drapion a smile hoping that she won't get on the bug's bad side until she heard mom say that they should get going. She also heard the Kangaskhan say something about her egg so she knew she would have to help, the best she can, in getting the group out of her. She wasn't sure if she can consider them friends right now since not many of them like her and don't know her yet but she hopes she will become friends with them eventually. She gave a nod to the others and hopped out of the cave so she could flap her wings and take in the air to watch for trouble and hopefully to find something to eat for everyone.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:12 pm

Great Marsh|Morning
    (15)

Rhea marched on, confidant that everyone was with following her lead. She wasn't sure how it happened, but it seemed like she had adopted all of these kids and now couldn't be rid of them. For the Motherly Pokemon, that was fine with her, as long as all of the kids followed the rules. The newest edition seemed like he would take some really special care though, so she would have to be careful. She wouldn't want to frighten the poor thing, because with the power it looked like he held, he could do some major damage if provoked. And it would piss off Arceus who would just add to the chaos. She sighed heavily. This was going to be interesting.

She looked over to Virgil who, as usual, wasn't far from her side. It brought a serene smile to her face that couldn't quite be explained. She trusted him the most out of the whole lot, and saw him more as the eldest child. Able to take care of himself, and the others if needed, but still in need of mothering himself once in a while. Whether he liked it or not. And she was determined to take care of him.

Now, she had promised them all breakfast, and if she remembered correctly...ah-ha! She reached into a thorny brush and pulled out several sweet berries. A few of them still weren't fully ripe but in this day and age, beggars can't be choosers. "Come on kids, there's plenty to share." She held out the berries for all of them to take a few.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:48 am

Post 17

[b]Great Marsh| Morning[/]

There was something satisfying at finding a thick, lush berry bush. These things had been Virgil's gold mines when he had been supplying for his family, and seeing one now was all the better. Like Rhea, he simply waited for the others to get their fill first, being used to eating what little had always been left. He only hoped now, that in this age of chaos, did they manage to find food and survive...

((short post is short. :<))

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:05 pm

Great Marsh/Morning (16)

Martha toddled alongside her friends happily, humming a pleasant tune to herself. She smiled up at Arceus as the Drapion caught up and started to walk with her. Martha looked behind her to check that Fynne was all right and was surprised to see that he was gone.

"Hey, wasn't Fynne coming with us?" she asked Arceus, still looking over her shoulder.

She was so busy looking for the Dragon-type that she almost walked straight into Mum. The Kangaskhan was holding out a handful of delicious-looking berries. Martha's stomach rumbled upon the sight of them and her mouth watered.

"Come on kids, there's plenty to share."

Martha grabbed a handful of berries and stuffed them into her mouth. Purple juice drizzled from her mouth as she chewed them. "Fank 'ou, 'um."

((OOC: Carmen is in the Safehouse so it would be my turn.))
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:37 pm

(please skip my turn. I don't have anything for Amita to do except to watch from the sky and continue searching for food for everyone. If you wish just have it be said that she found a tree of oran berries and were directing the others to it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:02 pm

Great Marsh|Morning
    (16)

Rhea glared at Virgil when he didn't take his share, preferring to wait for everyone else. She wasn't too worried about Arceus going to a different bush, what with her friend being sensitive to the others, but Virg had no excuse. She grabbed another handful from the bush and shoved her hand right in the stubborn cat's face.

"Eat them or wear them," she threatened. She wasn't eating until he did, her kids came first. Wait, where the hell did that come from? Her kids? She was getting way to attached to these guys way too fast. Sure, Virgil was easy to think of as one of her own, he did kind of act like her after all, but the others? She shook her head and stared down at the Liepard again. "Don't make me force you to eat, Virg."
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:48 am

Post 18

Great Marsh| Morning

"Eat them or wear them," Rhea's stated curtly, shoving a handful of berries centimeters away from his nose. "Don't make me force you to eat, Virg." The action surprised him a bit, not expecting her to be so forceful. Virgil looked up at her, her stern, motherly face set on full. For a moment, he frowned, having being used to taking care of himself, to being the head of the family. Being talked down to was... foreign.

However, his face quickly lightened with a sigh. Maybe it was better that he didn't have that responsibility... He pawed the berries out of her hand onto the ground and chuckled. "Yes, Mom," he said amidst his soft chuckle and bent down to eat them at his leisure, his tial curling around him in content.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:52 pm

Great Marsh | Dawn | 12

As everyone moved out of the cave, a small berry-covered bush. Everyone stopped, and people began eating. Carmen noticed that Arceus and Fynne were not with the rest of them. They were up ahead, at another bush. Carmen realized that this was probably because Fynne would be scared surrounded by everyone else.

Martha, Virgil and Arceus and Fynne had eaten now, but not Amita, or Carmen.She wasn't sure if Mum had eaten either. Walking up, she grabbed a handful of berries from the bush, and looked at Mum.

"Have you had any yet? Whether you want to Mother us or not, you still need to eat."

Carmen looked around at Fynne admiringly. Then quickly looked back to Mum, so no one saw her looking at him. She was worried that someone had seen her, but quickly forgot it as she began eating the berries. Their delicious juices flowed through her mouth, as she slowed her chewing, trying to savour therm. Food was more harder to come by in this new world.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:11 am

Great Marsh| Morning (16)

Amita gave a soft smile when she saw Arceus and Flynn head over to the Oran Berry tree she had motion at earlier. She then swoop down to gently land on a branch far enough away, so that she wouldn't frighten Flynn, and began to gather as many berries as she could into her talons before she went back down to where the others were at and placed them in front of mom and Virgil. "Here you two go. You need to eat as well mom, she said politely before she went back to the tree she was at earlier to gather more for the others. Once she was sure everyone else had some Oran Berries, and making sure she didn't take any that Flynn will need, she landed on the branch once more and folded her wings before she began to eat some berries of her own knowing that she will need the energy in order to keep the others safe.

(sorry for the short post)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:57 pm

Great Marsh|Morning
    (17)

Rhea smiled as everyone ate, even Virgil, the stubborn ass. Her egg started twitching slightly in her pouch and she covered it gently so it wouldn't pop out. "Have you had any yet? Whether you want to Mother us or not, you still need to eat." Her eye twitched at the little one's question, and the bird soon followed suit. "Here you two go. You need to eat as well mom." She waved a clawed hand at both of them, trying to shoo them off. She would had already stuffed several of the berries in the pouch by her egg in case she got hungry later, she didn't need them pestering her.

"I will eat when you are all done, 'kay?" she told them sternly. "I want to make sure everyone is taken care of first, so that you aren't defenseless later. You can't fight without energy." She took a glance over at Arceus, and tried waving her and Fynn over, hoping they were done. She needed to get this group moving. Sneaking a couple of the berries she turned back to Virgil, gave him a wink, and looked back towards the forest. She really hoped her egg didn't hatch in there...
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:51 am

Post 19

Great Marsh| Morning

Even as he somewhat finished the berries Rhea had "offered", the honchkrow came up and offered the kangaskhan and he more, which made his stomach churn in protest. He just wasn't used to eating so much, and he knew the repercussions of getting carried away with overeating. Still, his ears flattened at the bird's approach; another act of kindness put his fur on end. It was obvious she wanted his trust, but he wasn't sure he was going to give it out to anyone other than Rhea or maybe Martha.

"...Thanks, but I'm full," Virgil said as politely as possible to the bird, even with his fur pricked and his tail lashing behind him. His ears were plastered to his skull, and it was obvious that he really didn't know what to do with the situation. He usually wasn't one for prejudice, but... Honchkrows always managed to unnerve him.

Rhea went on about how she was going to eat when she was damn well ready and, after giving him a subtle wink, stuffed her pouch full of berries. Virgil could help himself a smirk and rose to stretch. She seemed anxious to get moving, and he couldn't agree more. "We ready?" he asked no one in particular, but rather the group.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:04 am

Great Marsh | Morning | 13

"We ready?"

Carmen heard Virgil ask, but wasn't sure who he was asking.

"Well, I'm ready. I've finished eating, and I've been ready for a we bit. What's taking you guys so long."

Carmen couldn't help but start getting annoyed at Virgil and Mum. They were both constantly talking with each other, as if they were the only ones alive. Carmen walked closer to the two then quickly said:

"So what'cha talkin 'bout? Anything ya mind sharing. I notice you two are always talking, speak up a bit, let others join in."

She put on a small grin, wondering if they had even heard her, or were in their own little world still.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 am