Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+17
R'hia Kyrie
Requiem
Green
Kabutops
BatEmmaman
Moon Moon
Radeon
Duma
Linoone
Chroma
SkeletonCupcake
Min
Snitch
Kaze
renegade
Nightfall
Silverishness
21 posters

(ACE) The MARSH Team

ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

(ACE) The MARSH Team  - Page 27 Empty Re: (ACE) The MARSH Team

Post by ShadowCharizard Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:59 am

OoC)) Skip, Felix stares in sadness as seeing Green feel sad and tries to ask both Blasty and Flamey what happened with Green.
    Green
    Green
    Resistance
    Resistance

Post by Green Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:47 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    The Great Marsh || Dawn

The fire burned and smoke rose high into the night sky. The trainer's figure was a mere statue, still and unmoving, as she watched the flames dance. Its orange shape reflected brightly against her dull gray eyes making them shimmer with sadness. For the second time that day she lost one of her Pokemon, her fighters, her partners.

One of her friends.

A small breeze brushes the flames and a petal rises, fading away to ash within the heat. Green's legs shook, the days battles finally sinking in. Pain twinged in her back but she could not feel it under the numbness that consumed her. The pyre gave a loud creak, something snapping within in, and a shower of cinders puffed into the air. Upon that sound Green's legs gave and and she fell to her knees. She had lost.

The Sylveon approached her Pokemon, asking what was wrong, but Flamey merely shot him a bitter glance. His beak clicks with rage, insults ready, but before he can snap at the fairy Pokemon Blasty responds in a hushed voice, "The Lady does not wish to speak." It didn't answer what he had asked, nor did it give any insight, but the giant turtle said nothing else.

Tromping closer to his trainer Blasty laid beside her. She hardly moved, shifting just enough that her arm was able to touch her companion. The Blastoise made himself comfortable so that even his eyes closed, but he remained vigilant and aware. As the fire started to dim Flamey took off from the roof and settled between his teammates. They said nothing, a silent message passing through him as they sat vigil together.

Finally, the pyre died out and the last embers faded into the peat. Darkness swallowed the area but Green's eyes did not leave the blackened patch of earth and the remains on it. How had this happened? How had she gotten so careless that two of her Pokemon were gone? One was taken by the earth, the other by the wind. She had come here with high spirits and would leave with heartache. She was defeated.

At some point exhaustion took her. While she did not sleep and time crawled by like years and she faded in and out of consciousness. With each slow blink of her eyes the area got darker and darker, then lighter and lighter. Eventually it was just bright enough for her to see and her eyes immediately focused on the patch of dirt where the pyre was. Only ash and the Tropius bones remained. Her beloved Pokemon had faded completely.

Standing she snapped back to attention and nudged her Talonflame. The bird's head lifted and he eyed her blearily. Green stared at him, silently asking, 'Are you strong enough to fly?' Puffing up his feathers Flamey stood and nodded to his trainer. Spreading his wings in a stretch he readied himself for the journey ahead. He had gotten little if any sleep but staying here was not an option. Giving a nod back Green rubbed Blasty's head before returning him.

With a powerful jump both trainer and Pokemon took off. They cast one last glance at the godsforsaken marsh. The forest fire had not gotten far, the pyre had died out, and nothing had attacked the shelter during the night. Those other Pokemon did not receive a goodbye. Staring longingly one last time at the two dark patches of earth that were her Pokemon Green turned away with only one thought running through her mind.

I failed you.

(This is my leaving post. Thank you for having me.)
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:04 am

The Great Marsh [Tram Station] | Morning
    Eleroo 74 || Seek 65

Seek had awoken with a start, the chill of the morning unable to slow her. Her dreams were rough and sleep light, but waking up in her current evolution was more awkward than anything. It would take some getting used to for sure. Her wings felt stiff and agitated, like they were desperate to be stretched instead of aching from overuse. Didn't they need rest? Plus Eleroo had slept on them until they went numb but she hadn't dared to bother him. Poor guy doesn't look so good.. he needs the rest. Even while he slept his face remained tense and the Aiveon had to rise very carefully to not wake him. The stiff feeling in her wings still twinged and begged her for a proper stretch.

As she padded toward the door one of her paws brushed something along they way. Blinking the sleep from her eyes she stared at it until it made sense; it was Veir's bag, bundled up against the wall like it was nothing. The corners of her jaw set into a deep frown. They never came back. That stupid kid and his.. pet. Did the search for Zhen's next meal take them too far away to come back? Had the battle reached them and chased them out? Were they even alive?? Sleepiness fizzled the thought out of her mind before she delve deeper into it. Pawing out a couple of the oran berries she placed them back by Eleroo before grabbing one for herself and heading out.

Seek shied her eyes away as the sunlight sparkled down on her face and she swallowed the berry in two hungry gulps. The air was heavy, cool and damp with morning marsh moisture. Before long it was be ungodly humid, but for now the damp air carried the scent of ash and flames that still clung to it heartily. Stepping out into the light the Aiveon took in a deep breath and stretched her stiff being. Eventually the taste would vanish, along with the damage from the battle, and be long forgotten. Like it didn't even happen. All their fighting, all their loses.. the Marsh wouldn't remember them long. The blackened space from the pyre still scarred the ground and dark bones jutted upward. But for how long? She couldn't even see the other body. Her name was... Rosy.

The Roserade had perished but.. she had not been the only casualty. That puppy. Had she even caught his name? The fight that came from his death must of blocked it out. His suffering was short but legends it had to be intense. Those monsters were here before that. The one that was like Eleroo got the Azurill and Kitty.. It had happened so fast, so fiercely. That thing was messed up in so many ways. And that creepy one killed the Garvantula. She hadn't even had a chance to take those deaths in due to her startling evolution, the new people, and everything else. The spider had stained all the trees but the fire already purged that.... Suddenly her head was swimming and she grew unsteady on her paws. Stumbling forward as not to fall she ended up closer to the burnt ground. That wasn't all though. That demented Sceptile had to count for something, that sick bastard. He had brought her to this very place for torture. Her paws trembled, claws digging into the peat. And that fresh body we had passed on the way in with-

Taking in a sharp breath Seek shook her head violently and teetered away from the pyre. "T-this place is cursed.." she wheezed, struggling to stay still. A black smudge of ash had gotten on her startlingly white paws. White.. paws.. She had.. white paws now. With another sharp breath in Seek's own voice echoed through her head. 'This thing is white. White. Give it one glance and you can clearly see its clean.' She had white paws now but most her fur was lavender. What.. what part would turn first..? What if that fight had made her sick? Would it only darken her pelt or turn her paws? Which would go first? It had been too dark to take in any major wounds. Had anyone else fallen victim to the disease?

Don't think like that. You're fine. These stains come off. Pawing mud, blood, and ash off her limbs with each paw the Aiveon cleaned her legs as best she could. Using her tongue wouldn't be safe right now but- A sudden noise breaks the motion and jerks her head up. Glancing around like a spooked cat her eyes dart around for a source but instead land on an unexpected bronze shape. "Asura?" She mutters with a bit of disbelief. When had the Machamp gotten outside? He sure didn't look comfortable. Had he sat watch or something and fallen asleep? "Asura!" She repeated a bit more forcefully, taking a step closer. Gods he looked like hell. Out of everyone he had sure taken a hell of a beating. "Are.. how are you feeling?" Did he even have the strength to walk and make their next journey?

!!! Eleroo awoke in a panic, a small yelp coming from his maw as his legs locked and jerked. What's happening!? His vision was blurred and hazy, all shapes forming into one. There was so much darkness, and screaming, and blood, and death and pain... His legs jerked again, completely changing his position as he clambered to his paws, hunched. The light met his eyes and brought the room into focus. It was quiet, morning, peaceful. There was no fighting, no killers here. That.. that was yesterday. Gasping for air Eleroo let his belly sink to the floor and tried to regain himself. It was just.. a bad dream. His head thunked against the floor. That never ends..

His body ached and moaned from the battle. He had cleaned himself a little, picking the needles from his pelt and scraping off the clumps of dirt, but the wounds still screamed. The diseased Pokemon were everywhere but the ones around here were just so much more.. so much worse. It was a miracle he was alive, and that panic attack blurring it all really didn't help. Putting a paw over his muzzle the Radeon's field of view if reduced and nearly locks onto the trio of berries laying beside him. Huh? Had he done that? Where did these come from? Hungry swiftly overpowered any thoughts though and he hastily chomped through the rations. Their healthy juices coursed through him, reducing the pain in his wounds while offering back some energy that sleep should of given. Honestly, Seek's fur had been so soft he-

"Seek!" He squeaked, jolting up as he realized she was not beside him. The harsh concrete had already sucked her warmth away but her scent still lingered. Clumsily, he got up to his paws and shook out his pelt. She didn't leave him, right? She wouldn't leave him again, right?? "Seeeek!" He called again, praying she had not just flown away.

((Sorry this took so long! I had to retype it twice and just OTL Theres just enough berries for everyone if you want at those. R'hia gave me permission to see Asura outside but I can edit it if you want. c: Seek referenced one of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and things are going to start picking up!))
    Baloo
    Baloo
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Baloo Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:53 am

Great Marsh|Morning (40)

Shenron awoke to the small sounds of morning. The way the wind tossed the grass and leaves and called to nature to rise once more. He yawned displaying terrifying fangs and curled his tongue out and passed his lips. Looking around Shenron reminded himself that the terror they lived had not been a dream and this was not some silly little sleepover in the Daycare. He stretched out his wings expending the residual body heat before waddling outside on all fours so the sun could warm him. Sure he was no Grass type and had no way to photosynthesize but the sun was a friend to all Fire types. Seek appeared busy so Shenron let her be and sat with his eyes closed taking in the sun and stretching his wings. After all using them as blankets and bedding tended to give them a fair bit of hell...
    R'hia Kyrie
    R'hia Kyrie
    Elite
    Elite

Post by R'hia Kyrie Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:36 pm

The Great Marsh – Tram Station || Morning || 17

Everything from the night was a haze… particularly after Asura got hit by that sludge bomb. He could remember bits and pieces… After taking the Tropius to the ground, he was all but surrounded by lesser undead. All he knew then, was that foes were around him. So he fought, ripping and throwing enemies aside, and moving farther away from the others as he did so. Even after his new allies had ended their fight, he was within the Marsh, aimlessly wandering, occasionally encountering and defeating an undead. But as time passed, and the late night hours came upon him, he started to lose his adrenaline rush with Guts… in his wake he had left a rather obvious trail of where he had came from, fortunately.

Asura regained his composure, though lost his strength as he had worked his way back to the station. He got there, and saw the horrid sights… Not only the charred remains dotted about, but results of his own wreckage- body parts scattered about, creatures truly torn asunder… he continued forwards, one thought prevailing in his mind now. Have I hurt someone?

He reached the tram, but his strength was all but gone- the poison had taken a grand toll on his body, and Guts had done him even worse. In many places, his bronzed flesh had turned deep shades of reddish-purple. To the careful eye, distinctly recognizeable as a bruise- he hadn’t been cut or anything in his fight, not that he could tell. He turned his back to it, and with a metallic thud he sat down and back against it, huffing quietly. Throughout the night, he struggled to stay awake- drifting in and out of consciousness for hours before finally losing his quarrel and falling into a slumber. His head hung down, right limply hanging at his side, left resting upon his legs.

He awakes as the light persistently assaults his senses, coaxing him to out of his dangerous, but needed sleep. As he tries to straighten up, a sharp, rather noisy gasp comes from the Machamp slumped a few feet to the side of the entrance, looking far more pathetic than he would ever hope to appear. "Asura?" The voice was quiet, and falling upon a waking Asura that wasn’t exactly all too aware of his surroundings at the moment.

"Asura!"

This one got him a bit more awake, looking up to find his winged friend! A light smirk plays over his expression, an uncommon sight on the often serious or angry Pokemon. ”Nngh… Hello, Seek.” If seek was here, they had to be ok… right?

"Are.. how are you feeling?" …And they were concerned for him, in spite of how he lost control. Perhaps this group would not insist on his departure, as many had before them.

”I believe the saying is that I feel like… ‘Death warmed over.” Asura tries now to stand by simply leaning forward, but it’s quickly clear to him that it’s not going to be any easy task- being upon his feet that is. With a series of grunts and pants, he uses all of his arms- on the wall of the station, and on the damp floor beneath him. He shakily returns to his feet, two hands remaining on the wall to steady himself for the time being. It was all the more clear now, that he was trying to appear to be in far better condition than he was truly in. Battered was an understatement... ”Is everyone alright? I did not harm any of you during the battle… did I? Just as blunt as always, to the point. But most of all… ”I didn’t hurt Eleroo, did I?” One of his last memories with some clarity was the young purple eeveelution approaching him as his rush was winning his mind over... and a single thought of whether or not he was a friend, or a foe.

((OOC: Holy SHIT I'm sorry this took so long. Long story short, a tech glitch made it so I wasn't aware it was my time to post. You did perf with spotting Asura outside, giving me toe room to state where he was specifically Dandelion <3 thanku!! Lemme know if anything needs changin :> ))
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:38 pm

Great Marsh Tram Station|Morning

Felix awoken after an exhausting night from fighting the tropius. He often wondered when will he be able to go back home. Sometimes, the sylveon wondered if they really needed him to come be with them. "Asura?" Was that voice someone that he knew? Again the voice had spoken calling out to Asura. "Asura!" The fairy type opened his eyes seeing the Machamp and the Aiveon right in front of him. Now he wondered if he passed out from the smoke after Green had left. ”Nngh… Hello, Seek.” How long was Asura out though, last he remembered the machamp was poisoned. How long was I out? Last I remembered Green was leaving and the smoke had caused me to lose consciousness. Thinking to himself wondering how he even got there. The Sylveon stretched out and got up off the ground. Then he looked into a mirror on the ground seeing the scar that the Tropius had left behind. A small sliver of fur was missing, but  it would grow back in time. "Are.. how are you feeling?" Hearing Seek voice had started giving the sylveon questions on what happened after Green left.

Before Felix was to even say anything Asura spoke up making an unintended pun. ”I believe the saying is that I feel like… ‘Death warmed over.” Well at least the Machamp isn't dead which is a good sign. Yet, he felt that Eleroo would be happy to see Asura again. ”Is everyone alright? I did not harm any of you during the battle… did I? I didn’t hurt Eleroo, did I?” So Felix wasn't the only mon that passed out from last night, except Asura was from the poison while Felix was from the smoke. Finally Felix spoke wondering what happened. "I'm okay, but what happened. Last I remember was Green leaving and I couldn't breath from the smoke. Mostly how did I even get here? Did someone bring me here?" He has so many questions left unanswered that even he needed to know. Is he still sleeping or did someone pick him up after he lost consciousness.

Afterwards he went to find Eleroo not to far shouting for Seek. Seeing the Radeon calling for his partner. "Eleroo? are you okay?" The fairy type asked. Wanting to come over to Eleroo, he looked around noticing that the place was different from were they was. "A tram station? I didn't think that a marsh would have a tram station running through it." Looking around while walking towards Eleroo had perked his curiosity. What region was he really in and what adventure will he find with this group of pokemon. He began thinking a bit until he realized that he was chosen to be with them since the fairy type had raised morale for Seek when things went bad. Finally a smile came to the sylveon. "I guess staying with you all kind of got me realizing that we're a team and whatever happens I shall help come up with a solution. Eleroo, lets go see Seek." Felix stated with a friendly smile.
    Baloo
    Baloo
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Baloo Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:13 am

Great Marsh|Morning (41)

Shenron yawned once more still not feeling entirely awake. Then sun tingled at his hide and did all's best to wake him fully but to no avail. Shenron closed his eyes and sniffed. Sniff. Wait. Sniff sniff. Crawling on all fours still sniffing until he found what he was sniffing for. Just outside the fire's reach and he meant just, was an Aspear berry bush. The berries managed to survive due to a tough hide and now being toasted but the bush itself wouldn't recover. Perhaps he should bring some back? Yes. Carefully gathering up these berries and leaving some to the Earth. Should someone come here long after they departed, it wouldn't be picked clean at least... Shenron waddled back to the Tram Station with the berries in his paws. Hopefully this wouldn't seem odd or suspicious... Like they wouldn't see it plausible he had poisoned the fruit or licked all of them. "Hellooo..? I found some Aspear berries! They're a little toasted but still good! In fact I think the toasting kinda made them a bit tastier eheh
    R'hia Kyrie
    R'hia Kyrie
    Elite
    Elite

Post by R'hia Kyrie Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:37 pm

((OOC: Gonna roll with a skip for now, since nearly all interactions with and about Asura were with Seek. Cute lil fluffball, that seek. XD))
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:05 pm

OoC)) Skip as well Felix is waiting on Eleroo to talk with Seek.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:16 pm

Eleroo 75 || Seek 66

”Nngh… Hello, Seek.” Seek breathed a sigh of relief as the Machamp came too, delirious but clearly gaining consciousness. After the hell he gave and went through yesterday that alone was a miracle. ”I believe the saying is that I feel like… ‘Death warmed over.” With a small anxious laugh she takes a step back to give him plenty of room to stand, though it quickly turns in to a cringe with how much he was struggling. "Maybe you should stay down," she blurts, extending a paw, but the Machamp manages to rise. ”Is everyone alright? I did not harm any of you during the battle… did I?

That.. wasn't what she expected him to say. Her paw comes back with a retreating step. Why would he ask that? No?" She murmurs as a slight question. "Everyone's fine. Except.. Rosy." Her sky colored eyes fall low to the ground. Their loses had been minimal but the grass type's loss weight heavy in her chest. "She sacrificed herself for us." Tilting her head back toward the burnt pile she couldn't help but wonder what was going through the Roserade's head. ”I didn’t hurt Eleroo, did I?” Snapping her gaze back into the Machamp Seek immediately shook her head, "Of course not. He got pretty beat up by something else but seems okay.." Everything was merging together in her memory. There were undead and everyone was fighting, plus the Tropius and the fire. Who was by who, and what attacked what were missing details.

"Everyone took a bit of a beating.." She said with another sigh. "We're lucky to of escaped as we did." There was no denying how harsh the fight was but, compared to all the other horrors that happened yesterday, it could of been so much worse. The sound of pawsteps brush her large ears and Seek quickly turns to see Felix heading toward them. His fur was a bit ruffled as though he had slept roughly. "I'm okay, but what happened. Last I remember was Green leaving and I couldn't breath from the smoke."

"Green's gone?" She says on an inhale. The human did say she was only staying for the night but it was still so early. "She didn't even say goodbye." Well, that was unfortunate. Her knowledge could of been helpful for the journey ahead. "Mostly how did I even get here? Did someone bring me here?" Flexing her claws in the soft peat Seek's eyes narrowed. "You walked." She hissed, not having the patience for stupid questions. Who cares how he ended up outside or whatever. Maybe he had to pee during the night and got asphyxiated on the way. With that, he walked off, possibly retracing his or doing something else the Aiveon could care less about.

The Radeon crouched nervously in the spot he had rested. Why was there no one else here? Had he overslept? Didn't they all come in for the night? Honestly, he couldn't remember. The smoky scent from the fire lingered, that had been real, but everything post it was too blurry. His sleep hadn't felt very deep. If everyone got up or started talking he would of woken up! "G-guys..?' He calls out again, voice cracking slightly. They wouldn't leave without him, right? Seek wouldn't abandon him. Right..?

As the seconds tick by he can feel his heart beat harder and harder against his ribcage until finally, a voice calls back. "Eleroo? are you okay?" It may not of been Seek but seeing the Sylveon come toward him was a massive relief. "Oh thank the legends," he whispered to himself while forcing his legs to unlock and stand. "I'm okay.. I'm okay." He sighed heavily. If Felix was still here then surely the others were too. They were probably just all- "A tram station? I didn't think that a marsh would have a tram station running through it." Eleroo's thoughts blink out for a second, interrupted by the Sylveon's comment. "Y-yeah.. Its for the cable cars. We passed a couple while wandering.. Humans used to ride in them." But the look on fairy's face was not that of questioning purpose, but existence. Had he not realized what it was yesterday? "Did.. did you hit your head, Felix? You had helped me clean it up yesterday. We were supposed to sleep here."

Slowly, his questioning looked changed to that of a gentle smile. "I guess staying with you all kind of got me realizing that we're a team and whatever happens I shall help come up with a solution. Eleroo, lets go see Seek." A prickling feeling traced its way down the Radeon's spine. What's wrong with him? Had something happened during the night that he missed? "Y-yeah," the child says again, padding toward the door with his head down. His steps become hurried as he passes the doorway and sees Seek's pretty lavender fur. "Seek!" He squeals again, excitement filling his paws as he raced to her side. "Eleroooaah-!" The Aiveon's voice breaks into a sharp yelp as the male tackles her, knocking both kits to the ground. "I thought you left!" He whined, nuzzling his cheek against hers.

For a few moments Seek humored him, letting Eleroo cuddle close to her puffy her, before kicking and struggling to get him off. "Stoopp it!" Battering him gently with her paws the poison type eventually yields and lets her up. "I'm glad to see you feel better." Earnest joy coats his timid face. "Thought I left, pff, you cant get rid of me!" Knocking him gently with one of her paws the Aiveon stands proudly once more, thankful to any god listening that she had her friend once more. "Hellooo..?" Shenron's voice booms, his loud steps echoing the sound as he approached from the burnt trees. "I found some Aspear berries! They're a little toasted but still good! In fact I think the toasting kinda made them a bit tastier eheh." "Thank you, Shenron." She praised, eyeing the collection of berries, "There are some Orans inside too, though a lot aren't all that ripe."

Looking around at all the Pokemon Seek's smile slowly fades to a forced grin. With Green gone the whole gang was here, a small collection of misfits who survived an unfortunately common trauma. Eventually her cheeks fell completely, unable to hold any positivity for long. Her voice grew serious, as though expecting something bad to happen at any moment. "Everyone should eat up, quickly. This place isn't safe, at all." Hesitantly she looks again toward the burnt spot, then beyond it to where she knew the other graves lie. "We need to move out as soon as possible. Before anything else comes after us."
    Baloo
    Baloo
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Baloo Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:43 am

Great Marsh|Morning (42)
    Shenron nodded and placed the Aspear berries among the Oran berries. "Douzo meshiagare" He clasped his hands together before popping an Oran berry in his mouth. Oh yeah, that was far from ripe. That was terribly bitter! Shenron lolled his tongue out and blech'd. "Would not recommend those berries... Unless you have a taste for bitter food that can curl your fur!" He turned his head to the side listening to Seek. Yes they couldn't linger that was for sure. "Ah yes, but where to? Pastoria is close and Veilstone is as well! But Pastoria is also flanked by Sunyshore and a route where many Pokemon were abandoned... Its a difficult choice ya know?"
    R'hia Kyrie
    R'hia Kyrie
    Elite
    Elite

Post by R'hia Kyrie Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:00 pm

The Great Marsh – Tram Station || Morning || 18

"Maybe you should stay down," Concern… good. In his rage with Guts active, it seems as though he hadn’t hurt anyone- Seek would not be so worried for his well-being if he had. He steadies himself further, leaning forward after a minute and standing without the need to hold the wall. The feathered Eeveelution takes what seems like a cautionary step back. So nobody was aware of his state during the evening… would it be wise to tell them? There may be a next time… and it may not be so well-directed as it was on the past evening. ”No? Everyone's fine. Except.. Rosy." The posture of his ally showed clearly that not all had escaped from the battle with their lives… but as he listens, he learns that the Roserade had sacrificed herself, for the sake of the others.

”…I see.” The Machamp turns, uttering a curse under his breath… Death had visited these fellows too many times in quick succession. The one known as Kitty… He hadn’t known her, but Green’s emotion and dedication to Kitty, it resounded within him. Then there was the young growlithe… a reminder that the world is unforgiving to those whom cannot fight. And now… Green had lost another of her friends, another ally. ”Damnit…” Asura hadn’t the eloquence with words he wished for. He knew best how to speak with his fists… yet he knew that was a rarely needed language.

"Of course not. He got pretty beat up by something else but seems okay.." Asura turns his gaze back to Seek, a relieved expression overwhelming him. Good…

”It was a battle against the odds… but I’ve never let that stop me before. I am grateful to see that none of you let the odds favor our enemies, either.” What he did lack in eloquence, sometimes could be made up for in this odd, cryptic way of speaking. Perhaps just old fashioned. ”The reason I feared that I may have injured someone is due to my abi-“

"I'm okay, but what happened. Last I remember was Green leaving and I couldn't breath from the smoke." Seek seemed to notice the third of the Eeveelutions before he did. And he bore news of the human departing… not a surprising turn of events, albeit not a desired one. She had lost more than anyone should, in a matter of hours.

The two had privacy once more. ”As I was saying…” Was it the best idea still? The interruption had been all too convenient… but Asura was not one to hold back information unless he felt it necessary. And after he’d already lost himself once, and risked the others… ”I was poisoned. My ability allows me to gain incredible strength when I am under the influence of any negative affects… however, in the process of this, my mind dulls. The longer it goes on, the further I dive into a haze. Sometimes… it is difficult to distinguish between friend or foe. The last things I remember is seeing Eleroo, before flying towards a large enemy… I regained myself deeper in the marsh, and came back.” He points towards a path of cracked and fallen trees… the path he had torn in his rage. ”Do what you will knowing this. But someone must know, at least.”

"Seek!" The familiar voice of the kind purple Pokemon breaks through the air, making Asura turn his head with a warm smile. The others come out as well… the Charizard, the Sylveon. It seems that these five now made the entirety of the motley little crew. They were all here, and doing well enough.

Asura leans back against the wall again, and slowly slumps back down to a sitting position, resting as the others take some delight in berries. He can eat after them… he was the burliest of them, after all. He could wait…
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:02 pm

OoC)) Skip for now will be editing into a proper post when I get home from class tomorrow.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:28 am

Eleroo 76 || Seek 67

Seek peeled away from Eleroo, the Radeon squealing with displeasure as she did so, and quickly grabbed the Oran bag and brought it outside. She dropped it a bit roughly and the contents spilled across the scrubby ground. Now in the light and a bit more awake she could see that the berries were in all stages of ripeness with some even being a bit green and young. Grabbing one at random in her teeth she crunched through it and chewed firmly, surprised by the firmness of its flesh and the tart taste that was not normal for Orans. "Would not recommend those berries... Unless you have a taste for bitter food that can curl your fur!" As her face twisted from the stiffness of her jaw and forced swallow the Aiveon had to agree. Sure, plenty of the Orans were fine, but there were definitely some in there that should probably be avoided.

Eleroo scurried past her and grabbed one of the Orans as well. Let it be the previous days meal, or the hasty eating minutes ago he did not seem to enjoy the fruit and swiftly scuttled over to Shenron's roasted shrub. He sniffed, pulling one off for himself. The roasting had definitely softened it btu he was still weary about trying the unusual berry. Many types of berries gave him bellyaches, but as he took his first bite of the Aspear he hoped that these would not.

As Seek shifted her paws to follow after the Radeon it was Asura's voice that drew her in. ”As I was saying…” She took a step closer, watching for prying eyes on a private matter. There was a seriousness to his tone that made her feel downright uncomfortable, the Machamp's actual words offering no comfort against it. Apparently he hadn't been the fighter she thought. "I.. see..." He, he hadn't been all there? Sure, she had noticed him being a real terror and taking some crazy risks, but it just seemed like he was rampaging and pissed. She would of never guessed he had gone full berserk. He could of attacked one of us? His alleys? What.. what would she of done about that? Nausea creeps through her stomach, the green berries only making it worse. If he had actually started attacking one of her own they would of had to fight back.. ”Do what you will knowing this. But someone must know, at least.”

The Aiveon diverted her eyes. He.. didn't trust himself. Did that put them at risk? Was it not safe to have him around? But he's done so much for us. Battle aside he has been nothing but helpful. While he seemed worried for what he might do it was also true that he hadn't hurt any of their own during the battle. Whatever was left of his senses had seen to that, she surmised. "You..." she starts, looking for some sort of positive thing to say,. "Gave it your all." The battle would of been lost if not for the Machamp. Turning her paws the Aiveon started moving toward the purple eeveelution, her words coming soft on her voice. "And it turned out all right."

Seeing Eleroo munch happily on the Aspear berries made a weight push down on her chest. That battle had been too intense for her. How in the world was he recovering? A tentative smile crossed the males muzzle and he pushed a berry closer to her. He's so delicate.. He needs out of this place as soon as possible. But that was easier said then done when she barely knew where they were to begin with. "We just need to get out of here," she reiterates on a sigh. "Ah yes, but where to? Pastoria is close and Veilstone is as well! But Pastoria is also flanked by Sunyshore and a route where many Pokemon were abandoned... Its a difficult choice ya know?" The angel between her ears widened, her expression blank as she tried to memorize the words the dragon had just said. Pastoria, Veilstone, Sunnyshore? What happened to Mauville, Fortree, and Lavaridge? Stupid region shift. Very vaguely she recalls seeing the peaks of buildings through the trees. She would of headed there with Eleroo yesterday had the flock of birds not chased them the opposite direction. "Well," she starts, peering off through the undergrowth. "I don't think it really matters where we try to go. The first order of business is getting out of this demon hole of a marsh! After that anywhere is a greener pasture."

Taking off the Aiveon lifts above the trees to gain a baring on her surroundings. Scanning the treetops she spies the constructed peaks she had seen before, noting they were pretty much directly south. Falling back the ground Seek gives her pelt a fluffing shake before standing tall and pointing southward. "That one. It's just on the other side of the Marsh." Which city was that, Pastoria? Shenron had said three close cities. Like she knew which was which. "Once we get there we can see which direction looks best. No point worrying about it now."

Flexing her ears Seek readjusts her helmet. She was ready to get the hell out of dodge and, no matter what, nothing was going to stop her. Striding forward the flying type started heading through the undergrowth with Eleroo hard on her heels. As long as they headed the right direction it shouldn't take too long to get to the city.
    Baloo
    Baloo
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Baloo Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:00 am

Great Marsh|Morning (43)

Shenron listened to Seek and nodded. Yes, anywhere was better then here. He had to admit getting the mud out of his claws and toes would be of immediate concern. Which may sound weird given the state of the world but having small reachable goals kept his morale up. Cleaning up was always easier then curing the incurable. He shook his head and waddled after Seek and Eleroo with the berries in his paws. The marsh was thankfully quiet and all the infected may have moved on after last night. But maybe it was just because it was too early to be shambling around after food that was going to be extremely energetic this time of day. Even Pyroars waited to hunt until noon... Shenron usually resorted to nest robbing this early. Not that he'd recommend that at all... It'd be easier to convert to eating grass and berries then steal from nests or the semi-functional grocery store...
    R'hia Kyrie
    R'hia Kyrie
    Elite
    Elite

Post by R'hia Kyrie Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:28 pm

((OOC: Skip. Asura would only ensure that he got a Pecha berry. If anyone wants to throw an oran his way in their post, feel free. But even on red health, this clod can hold a good fight! Aside from that, he'd hoist his heavy ass up and likely head up towards the rear of the group.))
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:32 pm

The Great Marsh|Morning

It was a happy reunion for the two eeveelutions, but Felix felt like he wasn't trusted still even after taking down the Tropius. This was the first time he didn't have an answer to a solution, when the charizard came back with berries Felix looked at them and pushed his pile to Asura. He has a sad look to him and after that he walked outside looking to the horizon wondering if he'll ever make it back home and to his human. "Why did I get sent here? My human needs me and I don't even know where to even go let alone solve my problems right now."  Felix didn't even know if its stress that's barreling down on him or if he's depressed. His human's face was the only thing he remembers and sometimes he felt he wasn't meant to be here, but where could he go? This was a truly tough time for him. The Sylveon walked down the stairs to where the bucket was and looking into the reflection had only revealed his sadness. One part of him told him to run off and go on his own to find some clue to his human's whereabouts, but another part told him to stay and help the others. He began sprinting away from the tram station, then he stopped in his tracks and realized what would he gain by leaving them all behind.  It was a conflict and he turned back and just sat on the stairs with an expression like he was about to break into tears.

the fairy type was truly in conflict with himself and he didn't even know if the others would care about his problems. A breeze started to pick up and some puffy clouds passed over. "I can't leave them, but I don't think they noticed I'm not in there with them." Afterwards he laid down on the deck just staring into the horizon again. Normally this wouldn't bother him, but it swelled up to much and eventually he broke. The eeveelution wondered if the others missed their humans? Yet, it was at the point in his life that he couldn't ask them anything.

OoC)) Short post, Feel free to comfort Felix as he is having a rough time.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:43 pm

The Great Marsh | Morning
    Eleroo 77 || Seek 68

Seek marched onward, her paw steps light and nearly drifting over the Marsh's cold surface. They were finally leaving this accursed place. All the pain, all the loss could be.. Put behind us. No, that, that wasn't what she meant. There was no way she would forget what happened here, all the sacrifices that were made. I'll remember them.. I just.. I just want to forget this place. A short, shrubby plant brushes her briskly moving paws, splattering freezing cold dew across her thin fur. What about those they were leaving? They can't leave. They could never be rid of this place. They would be stuck forever. Clenching her jaw the Aiveon leaps, keeping up her pace while flying a few feet off the ground. ...I'm sorry. There was nothing she could do for them now.

Eleroo paced himself roughly. He had lagged behind only for a moment to toss some Oran berries Asura's way and found catching back up to be more difficult then expected. It wasn't like Seek was moving that fast or anything but he was already starting to breathe heavy. This is nothing. He told himself, flicking his dragging tail as he rounded a shrub. Compared to yesterday I'm doing much better! Was it his evolution? With his head finally clearing up he was noticing so many new things about himself. His thin fur had filled in but was now much shorter and still offered little warmth as he shivered against the morning chill. The small addition in height allowed him to see over a lot of shrubbery that would normally be in his way, but he still wasn't very tall and was blocked by a lot. With each step he took his necklace bopped against his chest, no longer obstructed by his mane. It glistened in pale light with true brilliance.

Taking in a deep breath the Radeon was grateful for his longer legs. While the morning dew was still drenching his limbs and threatening to soak his belly it wasn't seeping into his entire coat like before. Traveling across this marsh wouldn't be nearly as tedious this time, and he looks back to see how much ground they had covered. The previous night's shelter was fading away already. If Eleroo hadn't been looking for it he could of easily missed it, perfectly camouflaged by the dense undergrowth they were passing through. They were making some good progress if he s- "Huh?" he uttered, blinking his large red eyes. That was odd. Something, something was missing?

Seek kept her gaze fixated ahead of her. Every step and flap brought them closer to safety, closer to a place outside this hell. For the most part her party was quiet, nearly somber in the chilled morning, but trudging along nonetheless. Could they also feel the sadness the marsh gave off? It was almost like it was crying, or mourning. Gods, why did this place exist? "Seek?" Eleroo's voice pulls her from her thoughts, eyes blinking her trance away. "I, I don't think Felix is following us." Instantly the Aiveon's wings buckle, her gentle glide halted as she drops like a stone. "He what?!" She gasps, springing back to her feet within seconds. No, there was no way she was going to leave anyone else in this place. "Well go get him!" She barks, looking between her remaining Pokemon. Eleroo needed to save his strength, and Asura was still pretty rough looking. "Shenron," she singles out the Charizard, stepping forward with her wings wide. "Drag him back kicking and screaming if you have to!"
    Baloo
    Baloo
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Baloo Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:48 am

Great Marsh|Morning (44)

Shenron looked up as he was addressed. "Felix?" But her orders were clear. Ah yes the Sylveon... "Yes, at once" The great dragon turned and charged through the air finding the pastel fox very easily. He made no effort to hide his arrival and landed beside him. "Felix dear friend, you're being left behind! Do you wish to accompany us?" Could he really force him? What strength did the fox have against him? He was a dragon and it was sunny so his fire attacks were amped up. "Seek asked me to bring you back... Ahem... Kicking and screaming if I must. I would rather not. My trainer frowned upon brute force but you are welcome to ride upon my back if fatigue is what is keeping you behind. Very understandable after the trying night we had" Shenron turned his head to the side searching the Sylveon for some inkling of what could be wrong but feelings were not his strong suit.
    R'hia Kyrie
    R'hia Kyrie
    Elite
    Elite

Post by R'hia Kyrie Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:36 am

The Great Marsh – Tram Station || Morning || 19

Asura nodded towards the Eeveelution, the others already taking steps in the other direction. There were a few berries left, and he caught one pink berry in his hand... the young woman whom helped raise him, she gave him this for poison once. Bach when he was a little Machop... He hoped for a small moment that she was doing well, before eating the berry swiftly. He snagged an Oran berry as well, the last of the bunch, resisting the urge to rather rudely (and likely loudly) devour it, not realizing how hungry he was. He took his time, and upon finishing, rose to his feet. A little shaky still, but certainly better than when he first awoke.

The Machamp saw the others gaining distance, and he moved to follow. But the third small one was at the deck of the building, and he turned to him... Surely he was not intending to remain behind? Asura approaches, stoic as he was when he first joined the group. ”I suggest you remain with us." The four-armed behemoth knelt down, resting his right arms on his knee, an audible and rather sore creaking heard as he does so. ”Whatever your goals are, you must thrive in life in order to attain them. You are free to create your own path. You've heard my thought, though. The choice is yours.

Asura, for being a blunt, awkwardly spoken Pokemon, did care. Hopefully, to some extent, that did show in his words. Just as he turns to leave, however, the Charizard appears. Likely to make sure these two had not chosen to stray from the group. As expected, he expresses concern for the two lagging behind the main group.

"Seek asked me to bring you back... Ahem... Kicking and screaming if I must..."

Asura halted in his tracks, turning. This, he would not let happen. The winged Eeveelution was not the master of Felix, as he was apparently called. It was likely to be a misworded suggestion, perhaps a panicked wording in the heat of the moment, seeing the two not present with them. He crossed both sets of his arms, not acting, not speaking, merely waiting.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:02 pm

The Great Marsh|Morning

It wasn't like Felix to feel down and he began wondering if he was in the right. Then the charizard Shenron had landed right by him in plain sight. "Felix dear friend, you're being left behind! Do you wish to accompany us?" The Eeveelution looked at the Charizard with sad eyes trying to tell shenron how he felt. After that Asura had came up talking to the sylveon as well. ”I suggest you remain with us." He was right though, if the fairy type ran off then chances are he would die the minute he got ambushed. ”Whatever your goals are, you must thrive in life in order to attain them. You are free to create your own path. You've heard my thought, though. The choice is yours. After that the charizard spoke again saying what Seek told him. "Seek asked me to bring you back... Ahem... Kicking and screaming if I must..." Though Felix somehow had the feeling that the charizard didn't like that option. I would rather not. My trainer frowned upon brute force but you are welcome to ride upon my back if fatigue is what is keeping you behind. Very understandable after the trying night we had" Felix got up and looked at Asura. "Thanks Asura, I know what you are trying to say and I appreciate it."

After that he turned his attention to Shenron and walks up to him ready to hop onto his back. He was still fatigued from the night and hasn't regained his full strength back. "Okay Shenron, I need to ride your back, I've had a rough night and well a rough morning as well. Is there any berries left by chance?" Hopping onto Shenron he looked back to Asura nodding to the Machamp before saying something he never thought of saying before. "When you was raged, you held that Tropius down quite well. It was brave of you to defend Eleroo when hell broke loose. I trust you both." Then he went to ask both of them something he needed to tell them. "Tell me, do you both miss your humans? I can only remember his face, but I want to see him again and I got no clue to where he is or where I am other than the marsh. I was from Kalos so I'm not familiar with other regions." As he hung onto Shenron preparing for takeoff.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:18 pm

The Great Marsh | Morning
    Eleroo 78 || Seek 69

Shenron left without complaint, leaving the two young eeveelutions alone. As the moments ticked by Seek found her harsh breathing ease and eventually herself moving into a sit. Everything is okay. There had been no screaming, no caterwauls of pain or death. Felix had to be okay. Either that or he just ditched them. If that's true why couldn't you wait until after we got out of here!? She takes in a massive lungful of air, holds it, and sighs. There was no point in making assumptions. For all she knew he could of just lagged behind and was totally innocent.

Wheezing, Eleroo trotted closer to Seek's side. The mornings chill was refusing to fade and the light did not seem to be growing stronger like it should. "Do you think he's alright?" The youth worries, staring longingly back the way they came. "Asura's there too. What if something happened to them?" What if they were in trouble and needed help! Not undead trouble, but quicksand, or vines, or mud. The Aiveon straightened her spine and sat up a bit taller. "They'll be okay. We would of heard something if they were in pain." Eleroo scuffed one of his paws across the ground, watching the indentation of his pad seep into its soft surface. "Yeah but what if they fell in a mud puddle and don't want to attract the monsters? They wouldn't scream then! And if they are both trapped t-then no one could come get us!"

With a swift flick of her paw Seek cuffed the Radeon's cheek with her pad. "Calm down," she says soft but firmly. "You need to save your strength." Last thing she needed was for him to start panicking. They still had a long way to go.. Turning her head to the thin canopy Seek looks to the sky. Clouds could be seen bulging along, their puffy shapes growing dark and grey against the blue sky. No wonder its not getting any warmer. The air here was naturally damp and heavy, a thick moist feeling from all they swamp water. But what if its just incoming rain? Wouldn't that just be their luck. "We really need to hurry." She admits sorrowfully, digging her claws into the cold peat. Eleroo must of caught something in her tone or gaze as he nuzzled his head under her chin. "It'll work out," he comforts her, though his sentiment is labored. No matter what.. they had each other again. "We'll get through this."
    Baloo
    Baloo
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Baloo Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:03 pm

Great Marsh|Morning (45)

Shenron nodded as the Sylveon climbed upon his back. "I believe so. Do you prefer Oran or Aspear?" He drifted a mere foot or so from the ground mostly to avoid getting tired. "Oh, yes... I do miss Lady Baloo everyday. But she's out there somewhere! A real tough lady that one" His mind refused to see the woman laying in an alley staring with fear and acceptance into a red eyed sea of gnashing teeth and putrid claws as her hope became a barrel pressed to her temple. Shenron shook his head. No. His trainer once said "I came into this world kicking and screaming while covered in someone else's blood and I got no problem going out the same way. Hell she baited the beasts into being trapped with her own blood and scent. "Perhaps your trainer escaped? Some humans were lucky or at the very least... Crafty and valuable."
    R'hia Kyrie
    R'hia Kyrie
    Elite
    Elite

Post by R'hia Kyrie Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:40 pm

The Great Marsh – Tram Station || Morning || 20

The Machamp relaxes his arms, letting them droop to his sides once more. Felix was willing to come, and it was somewhat reassuring that Asura's words had met their mark. It wasn't surprising, either, that the Sylveon was a bit worse for wear- after that night, who wouldn't be? It seemed like everyone else had fought with might, even if Asura could only remember hazed bits and pieces.

"When you was raged, you held that Tropius down quite well. It was brave of you to defend Eleroo when hell broke loose. I trust you both." Asura scoffed softly, an unconscious attempt to hide his discomfort with the events of his "rage." Though, it seems like he had been able to discern friend and foe rather well... well enough to not attack his allies, at the very least. He was starting towards Shenron, ready for his ride, when he asked. "Tell me, do you both miss your humans?"

Asura's heart throbbed in anger, recalling it all. He hadn't the energy to exert upon an angry fit though, and just as quickly as his fists had clenched, his shoulders sagged in exasperation. "My trainer was betrayed and killed prior to the epidemic. I still wish to find the one who raised me in my youth, however. Her home was destroyed when I found it once more, but it seemed as though someone had been residing within it until recently." If there was anyone Asura hoped to see once more, and not with hopes of vengance, it was R'hia. In spite of his volatile tendencies, she was a kind young human...

The others were nearly ready to leave. "Try to fly low, so I may follow you on foot." He may not be able to dash at the speeds that sent Zhen flying when this chapter began, but he could still keep up.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:37 pm

The Great Marsh|Morning

As the Sylveon started to feel the charizard lift up into the air by only a foot, his thoughts turned to his trainer. Remembering how his trainer handled patients with advice and help them get over their greatest fears, Felix felt as if he needed to seek consoling himself. Sometimes even the best doctors need another doctor to talk with. Perhaps telling Seek and Eleroo what he was going through might help him fell less depressed. "I believe so. Do you prefer Oran or Aspear?" Shenron had asked. For a moment Felix had wondered what Aspear tasted like, but he heard rumors it can cause an unwanted side effects like confusion. "I'd like to have some Aspear if I can." The fairy type then listened to the fire type as he spoke of his trainer. "Oh, yes... I do miss Lady Baloo everyday. But she's out there somewhere! A real tough lady that one" Felix however, knew his trainer had boarded a military helicopter and flew off before Felix was able to board it. "Perhaps your trainer escaped? Some humans were lucky or at the very least... Crafty and valuable." Now that Shenron mentioned it, the military had always valued psychiatric councilors perhaps his trainer might be in this region after all, but he still wondered what is this region. Then, he finally remembered what it was now. Wait, Seek said this was Sinnoh, but how far away am I from Kalos? I'll ask her later after I find out what is wrong with her. The sylveon thought to himself.

Before to long, the machamp, Asura had spoke but with a bit of anger towards someone. "My trainer was betrayed and killed prior to the epidemic. I still wish to find the one who raised me in my youth, however. Her home was destroyed when I found it once more, but it seemed as though someone had been residing within it until recently." With the day and age they're living in now, humans have betrayed each other to survive sometimes even before the epidemic struck. Sometimes Felix wonders about human behaviors that causes pain to others and worse, murder was something that Felix even thinks is the worst of all. None the less though now everyone is fighting for survival and the entire planet was a battleground. "Try to fly low, so I may follow you on foot." Felix lightly chuckled as the trio headed towards the others.

Felix felt something he should tell about himself and his trainer. Perhaps the others could see a value in him as their doctor if things are looking bad. "I'm sorry Asura, I didn't know that your trainer was killed, but I'm sure the person who raised you might still be in this region. If anything I'll help you find her if it comes down to it." The sylveon said giving a promise to help if it came down to it. Taking in a deep breath, the eeveelution began to tell them where exactly he's from. "As I said I'm from Kalos, but my human, he's a psychiatrist and he took me to work everyday. I learned everything that he did so that I may help other pokemon. Then that day came where the military had him go with them and I didn't make it on the helicopter on time. Now I don't know where he is." Though Felix thought of himself as a failure to leave with his human, he however felt more successful snapping Seek out of her fear when danger had nearly surrounded them. "Thanks guys, hopefully we can get to know each other more when this is over." Giving Asura a thankful nod he turned his head to face foward seeing Shenron's horns as they went to meet up with Seek and Eleroo.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:45 am